Paula James > Irwin Mitchell > Chichester, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
THOMAS EGGAR HOUSE
- Go to...
Trust and estate dispute resolution.
Head of trust and estate dispute resolution, will disputes, trust disputes, contentious statutory wills, disputes relating to EPAS, professional negligence, contentious issues arising out of the administration of estates or trusts.
Trained Thomas Eggar LLP; qualified 1991; partner 1999. Started career as general commercial litigator with a particular interest in intellectual property matters. Later specialised in insolvency work litigating for administrators and trustees in bankruptcy. In 2000, moved to form and lead the trust and estate dispute resolution team, growing it to its current size (Feb 11) of six earners, with several prestigious trust company and banking clients.
Professional Negligence Lawyers’ Association; ACTAPS (Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists).
Bishop Luffa School, Chichester; Nottingham Trent University (1987 LLB 2(1)); Guildford College of Law (1988).
Outdoor activities, socialising, cooking.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Irwin Mitchell ‘s Chichester-based team – ‘a regional powerhouse when it comes to private client litigation’ – is led by Paula James, a ‘canny and tenacious’ partner ‘who represents a serious alternative to a specialist from a London firm’. The national practice is led from Leeds by Paula Myers – other key names in Chichester include highly regarded senior associates Stephen Ireland, Margaret Windram and Samantha Ewing, who joined from Charles Russell Speechlys LLP in May 2022. The team was also recently strengthened by the arrival of former TWM Solicitors practice head Candy Stockton.
- Contentious trusts and probate - South East > Private client
- Leading individuals - South East > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire