Tessa Haskey > Howes Percival LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
1 BEDDING LANE
- Go to...
Banking and property.
Tessa is a partner and her specialisms include landlord and tenant, sales and purchases of commercial property and banking work. She negotiates leases, mainly for owners of commercial property portfolios, and advises on landlord and tenant legislation. Tessa acts for banks and private lenders in relation to their property work. She deals with sales and purchases of commercial land and buildings; including advising on overage and clawback and Stamp Duty Land Tax issues. Having worked in industry herself, Tessa has a good understanding of how businesses operate, and is aware of the commercial pressures on business clients.
Leathes Prior 1994-96; Industry 1996-98; assistant solicitor Howes Percival 1998; associate Howes Percival 2002; partner Howes Percival 2004.
Danish (basic), French.
University of East Anglia (1993); Nottingham Law School (1994).
Ashtanga yoga, sailing.
East Anglia > Real estate > Commercial property: NorwichWithin: Leading individuals -
At Howes Percival LLP ‘capable individuals make up the team, which provides good response times‘. The ‘very thorough and diligent‘ Joanna Nicholls, firm chair and and practice head Tessa Haskey and development specialist Tracey Hughes are the key partners. Their work encompasses residential development for clients including Bloor Homes, commercial development for major developers and local authorities, the management of portfolio investments, and property finance in sectors such as energy, leisure, automotive, healthcare and education. Nicola Curle is recommended for projects in the education sector.
East Anglia > Finance > Banking and financeWithin: Leading individuals -
Howes Percival LLP acts for many of the UK’s main banks and also for a private corporate funder with a large turnover of high-risk investments. It also advises private clients on complex refinancing transactions. Joanna Nicholls, whose ‘knowledge of commercial transactions is unrivalled‘, leads the real estate finance and banking practices, and has a steady flow of work in the leisure, real estate developments and healthcare sectors. Tessa Haskey acts for banks and private lenders in relation to property security. Corporate partner Robert Colman handles acquisition and debt finance for both borrowers and lenders.
- Commercial property: Norwich - East Anglia > Real estate
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Finance > Banking and finance
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Banking and finance - East Anglia > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Environment & planning
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Peterborough
- Real estate > Commercial property: Ipswich
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge