Tessa Haskey > Howes Percival LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
1 BEDDING LANE
- Go to...
Banking and property.
Tessa is a partner and her specialisms include landlord and tenant, sales and purchases of commercial property and banking work. She negotiates leases, mainly for owners of commercial property portfolios, and advises on landlord and tenant legislation. Tessa acts for banks and private lenders in relation to their property work. She deals with sales and purchases of commercial land and buildings; including advising on overage and clawback and Stamp Duty Land Tax issues. Having worked in industry herself, Tessa has a good understanding of how businesses operate, and is aware of the commercial pressures on business clients.
Leathes Prior 1994-96; Industry 1996-98; assistant solicitor Howes Percival 1998; associate Howes Percival 2002; partner Howes Percival 2004.
Danish (basic), French.
University of East Anglia (1993); Nottingham Law School (1994).
Ashtanga yoga, sailing.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame) (Hall of Fame)
Howes Percival LLP has ‘a pragmatic and responsive practice with a good range of specialisms‘. ‘We have valued the trouble the people we have worked with have taken to understand our business and its idiosyncracies‘, remarks one client. The firm is active across the whole waterfront of commercial property, with particular expertise in residential and commercial development, investment portfolio management, property finance and projects in the energy, leisure and tourism sectors. Real estate finance specialist Tessa Haskey leads the practice, which has a strong team in Norwich. Joanna Nicholls is adept in development, landlord and tenant and investment work; Nicola Curle in transactions for public sector clients, among them education institutions and local authorities; and Christopher Cubitt in residential development projects, strategic land deals, and complex land acquisitions. Tracey Hughes retired from the practice in 2022.
- Commercial property: Norwich - East Anglia > Real estate
- Hall of Fame - East Anglia > Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Hall of Fame - East Anglia > Finance > Banking and finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family