Adv Dov Abramowitz > ES Shimron, I Molho, Persky & Co > Jerusalem, Israel > Lawyer Profile
ES Shimron, I Molho, Persky & Co Offices
1 TECHNOLOGY PARK
- Go to...
Adv Dov Abramowitz
Media and Telecommunications, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Corporate and Commercial Transactions.
Adv. Abramowitz specializes in the fields of telecommunications and media and leads the firm’s activities in these fields. He has some 25 years of experience in guiding companies and foreign investors through complex telecommunications projects and has advised many investors and international consortia in telecommunications projects in Israel and abroad. Adv. Abramowitz maintains close professional relationships with experts in this field worldwide, including with the regulatory departments of telecommunications operators in North America, Europe and the Far East.
Adv. Abramowitz frequently appears before the Ministry of Communications and other regulatory authorities, as well as the Cable and Satellite Television Broadcasting Council and the Second Authority for Television and Radio. In recent years, he has represented clients before the High Court of Justice in high-profile matters relating to telecommunications and media regulation, such as: the reduction of network termination fees paid to cellular operators; the scope of ministerial authority in interconnection-related decisions; voice over broadband licensing criteria; the implementation of the open access provisions included in the Telecommunications Law; licensing and ancillary authorities of the Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Council.
In addition, he is experienced in drafting and negotiating contractual agreements in the telecommunications field, including interconnection agreements, bilateral and peering agreements, network acquisition agreements, purchasing of international facilities and services and partnership agreements between telecommunications operators.
Adv. Abramowitz has published several articles on telecommunications law in legal journals and often lectures at conferences on this subject. He was recently named by the PLC Cross Border Media and Communications Handbook as one of Israel’s leading lawyers in the fields of telecommunications and media.
Recent Significant Activities:
- Represented a telecommunications operator in establishing and administering an IPTV platform, a multi-channel television platform which is the third largest in Israel.
- Represented a telecommunications operator in administrative litigation pertaining to the wholesale market, and various legal proceedings before the broadcasting authorities; regulation of Intellectual Property rights on the Internet pertaining to pirate sites and liability of Internet service providers and other suppliers for breach of rights.
- Represented broadcasting entities before the Committee for Regulating Broadcasting in Israel.
- Represented a leading company in the VOIP field in its network of contracts with international telecommunications operators.
- Represented an internet provider with respect to regulations pertaining to client arrangements.
- Represented a cellular operator in administrative and legal proceedings pertaining to mobile interconnection fees and a number of other regulatory issues.
- Represented a television channel in legislative proceedings relating to payment of carriage fees to multi-channel television platforms and in subsequent High Court of Justice litigation.
- Ongoing representation as external counsel of leading Israeli telecommunications operator and ISP in a broad range of regulatory, corporate and commercial issues.
- Represented leading international television network with respect to its activities in Israel.
Admitted to the Israel Bar Association (1986).
Member of the Israel Bar Association’s Telecommunications Committee.
Graduate of Bar Ilan University Law School (LLB, 1984).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
ES Shimron, I Molho, Persky & Co’s telecommunications and media team displays ‘top of the line knowledge of the market’, with 30 years’ experience in representing leading mobile operators, satellite TV platforms and OTT providers. The firm offers a comprehensive service, addressing all areas of regulation, commercial transactions, and litigation matters. The head, Dov Abramowitz, is an expert on local regulations and international developments, providing clients with ‘superb and innovative advice’. Shira Schlaff brings expertise in corporate telecommunication issues.