Mr Michiel van Haelst > Vestius > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
1017 CJ AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Michiel van Haelst
Main focus is on individual dismissals, collective layoffs, transfers of business (mergers and acquisitions, outsourcing, harmonization of employment conditions and works council issues), non-competition issues, employer liability, employment contracts, including (international) secondment, collective bargaining agreements and personnel data registration issues with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
From 1996 to 2004 Michiel worked at BakerMcKenzie. In early 2004 he switched to Vestius.
- supervisory board member Stadsgoed (public-private investment and management company of the municipality of Amsterdam, housing corporation Stadgenoot and Syntrus Achmea Real Estate & Finance (SAREF))
- Editorial Board Member of PO-Online (E-WISE Online Permanent Education Institute)
Member of the Employment Lawyers Association (VAAN) and the European Employment Law Association (EELA), member of the editor board of PO-Online, a provdier of permanent education for lawyers.
- Employment Law postgraduate specialist course, Grotius Academy (2000)
- Corporate Law postgraduate specialist course, Grotius Academy (2018)
- Dutch Civil Law, University of Leiden (1996)
- University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, United Kingdom (1995-1996)
Vestius has a focus on corporate employment law, advising a number of large multinationals across a range of sectors, including logistics, retail and fashion, financial services, pharmaceuticals and life sciences. The practice is led by Bart de Vroe and Michiel van Haelst; Haelst focuses on individual and collective dismissals, outsourcing and works council issues.