Mr Vikram Nagrani > Hassans > Gibraltar, Gibraltar > Lawyer Profile
- Go to...
Mr Vikram Nagrani
Corporate and Commercial.
Vikram acts on initial coin offerings/token sales and other distributed ledger technology matters, including licence applications under Gibraltar’s DLT Providers Regulations.
Vikram has also been deeply involved in assisting the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission with the drafting of some of the Guidance Notes to Gibraltar’s DLT Providers Regulations.
Vikram acts on all aspects of corporate transactional work and commercial projects, specialising in investment and finance structures and mergers and acquisitions. Vikram advises numerous multinational companies on corporate matters and is very experienced in cross-border structures and transactions.
In addition, Vikram advises certain high net worth individuals and families on their personal and business structures.
Some of the more noteworthy transactions that Vikram has worked on are as follows:
* Advising Telegram Group Inc. in connection with Gibraltar element of the 1st stage $850 million sale of rights to the ‘Gram’ token
* Acting for various Gibraltar Token Sale projects
* Acting for a global retailer in respect of a bond refinance (transaction value in excess of $400 million)
* Acting in respect of the delivery of sale proceeds of a European pharmaceutical group (transaction value of over USD 17 billion)
* Leading the Gibraltar team on the simultaneous European cross-border mergers of three Gibraltar companies that formed part of the corporate group of a global luxury hotel resort brand into a legal entity incorporated in another European Member State.
* Leading the Gibraltar team on the first Gibraltar European cross-border merger of two listed e-gaming companies to create the world’s then-largest online gaming company in Gibraltar, the shares of which are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
* Advising on and establishing a Gibraltar structure to facilitate the acquisition and financing of a German bank by numerous private investors.
* Advising on and assisting on the Gibraltar corporate aspects of a EUR 1 billion bond issue by a global packaging company.
* Acting for a joint venture partner in connection with the provision of finance and the acquisition of shares in a Cypriot company to act as the holding company of a group owning and developing numerous property portfolios in Bulgaria and Romania.
* Acting for one of the world’s largest paper manufacturers on all Gibraltar aspects of a European-wide restructure and USD 1 billion financing and, establishing a Gibraltar corporate structure to facilitate the same.
* Acting for, advising on and establishing a multi-tiered Gibraltar corporate structure in respect of the approx. GBP 11 billion MBO of one of Europe’s largest pharmaceutical groups.
* Advising on and establishing a Gibraltar corporate structure for the acquisition of three Boeing 747 freighter aircraft.
* Advising a global luxury hotel brand on all Gibraltar aspects of a European-wide approx. USD 1.2 billion financing and restructure and, establishing a Gibraltar corporate structure to facilitate the same.
Vikram is a contributor to the European Commission’s Blockchain Observatory and Forum providing industry and legal insight to assist in the reports to be published by the Observatory.
Vikram is also an inaugural member of the advisor board of ELONtech (the European Law Observatory of New Technologies) having delivered the first ELONtech workshop on “Token Sale Regulations and Best Practices” and participated in formal ELONtech roundtable discussions. (ELONtech is an association of international professional and academic advisors, liaisons and researchers who look to investigate, promote dialogue and deliver intelligence to EU policy-makers and the DLT business community about how legislative frameworks need to adapt to innovations in technology and practice and vice versa.)
Outside the office, Vikram has served as a long-standing president of the Gibraltar Hindu Community and is presently a member of the Gibraltar Police Authority (a statutory body that oversees and ensures the probity and efficiency of the Royal Gibraltar Police) as well as a panel member of the Gibraltar Office of Fair Trading.
A graduate of Cardiff University, Vikram attended Cardiff Law School as a member of the Middle Temple and was called to the Bar in England and Wales and in Gibraltar in 2001.
Vikram is a qualified and full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and, is also a qualified and practising Notary Public in Gibraltar. In addition, Vikram is an Executive MBA graduate of Cranfield School of Management.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Undeniably the leading firm for commercial matters, Hassans advises both Gibraltar-based and international corporate clients from a range of industries. The group is notable for the depth of its senior team; James Levy advises on M&A transactions and real estate acquisitions, while Vikram Nagrani, as co-head of the fintech practice, assists with commercial transactions in the technology space. Abigail Cornelio handles transactions relating to natural resources and mining in emerging markets. Michael Castiel and Peter Montegriffo QC are both vastly experienced in commercial matters.
Hassans is undeniability the preeminent firm in Gibraltar for work in all areas of the TMT sector; the group advises multinational gaming companies and technology businesses on all regulatory and commercial aspects of their dealings in the region. The group is also frequently consulted by the Gibraltar government to assist with the drafting of legislation and new initiatives. Peter Montegriffo QC leads the gaming practice, while Vikram Nagrani and Anthony Provasoli focus on technology matters.
Hassans has a ‘leading fintech team in Gibraltar’, assisting fintech, DLT and cryptocurrency businesses with licence applications, regulatory advice and token sales. The firm is also experienced in fund formation, primarily through Aaron Payas, and frequently advises on the establishment of funds looking to target the sector. The group is also able to draw on complementary expertise in tax, disputes and corporate issues. Vikram Nagrani and Anthony Provasoli jointly head the team.
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Gibraltar
- Fintech - Gibraltar
- Leading individuals - Gibraltar > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Leading individuals - Gibraltar > TMT
- TMT - Gibraltar
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Gambling law
- Investment funds
- Private client
- Real estate and construction