Aldertree legal s.r.o., formerly White & Case s.ro., advises on the full spectrum of infrastructure, construction and real estate matters for clients. Its team's wide-ranging experience includes the structuring of transactions, financing, management and sale of assets, as well as related environmental issues, construction, disputes and taxation. The firm also advises on the implementation of greenfield investment projects. Juraj Fuska focuses on greenfield and brownfield investment projects, including large-scale developments, automotive part plant developments and M&A (primarily in office space). He co-heads the team with Vladimír Ivančo, whose expertise covers a range of domestic and global real estate matters. Marek Staroň retired from the firm in 2021.
Real estate and construction in Slovakia
Aldertree legal s.r.o.
Juraj Fuska; Vladimír Ivančo
Other key lawyers:
Wood & Company a.s.
Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic
NFŠ, a.s. and Tehelné, a.s. (part of Grafobal Group)
Allen & Overy Bratislava, s.r.o.
Allen & Overy Bratislava, s.r.o. leverages its expertise in M&A, banking and cross-border work to advise real estate clients on a range of transactions in Slovakia and other CEE countries. Real estate litigation is another area of activity for the firm. Clients include sellers, buyers, financiers, developers and tenants. The key names to note are counsel Tomáš Bury and associate Drahomír Široký.
Martin Magál; Tomáš Búry; Drahomír Široký
Goodman European Partnership and Goodman Group
Erste Group Bank AG
Zero Bypass Limited
Tatra Residence/ Raiffeisen Property International GmbH
GARBE Industrial Real Estate Slovakia, s.r.o.
Epic Games Slovakia s.r.o.
Tatra Residence and Raiffeisen Property International
Raiffeisen Bank International AG
- Advised Goodman European Partnership and Goodman Group on the approx. €1bn sale of logistics assets in Central and Eastern Europe on which all four CEE offices were involved. The transaction included properties located in Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Advised club of lenders led by Erste Group Bank AG on refinancing of Aupark Bratislava shopping centre. This was a landmark transaction, which marked a record acquisition in Slovak real estate market.
- Advised Zero Bypass Limited on D4/R7 – biggest construction project in the country. Representing client in the D4R7 highway project, in a construction arbitration against the Slovak Republic. This is an ICC arbitration seated in Vienna. The dispute concerns a complex interplay between matters of delay, quantum and impaired financial cash flows.
Barger Prekop s.r.o.
Barger Prekop s.r.o.‘s real estate work spans the retail, office, industrial and logistics sectors, and the firm’s international network allows it to advise on cross-border transactions in the field. Adrian Barger has ‘great experience in complex real estate transactions’, as well as development and construction matters. He co-heads the practice with associate Marcel Tuhý, who focuses on property management matters and construction law.
Adrian Barger; Marcel Tuhý
‘Adrian Barger is an excellent professional.’
‘Adrian Barger is a very thoughtful and knowledgeable senior partner with great experience in complex real estate transactions.’
‘Knowledge of the subject, team empathy, always within deadline, perfect value for the money, market standard overview.’
‘Adrian Barger and Marcel Tuhy – very intelligent and diligent persons having deep knowledge of the subject and extraordinary client care.’
Active in major real estate transactions, Dentons' workload spans acquisitions and disposals, as well as a range of real estate financing matters for lenders and borrowers. On the contentious side, real estate and construction disputes are another forte of the practice, which it combines with expertise in development, asset management, leases and public real estate law. Managing counsel Martin Mendel leads the team, which also includes Peter Kubina, who is known for advising on local and cross-border real estate finance transactions.
Other key lawyers:
Juraj Gyarfas; Peter Kubina
‘Very good blend of experience and approach to detail while considering the big picture for the client.’
‘Juraj Gyarfas – highly recommended; very likable by the parties – gets deals done; very good quality of work, always available. Martin Mendel – very good knowledge of law; good drafting skills.’
KOOPERATIVA poistovna, a.s. Vienna Insurance Group
Club of banks led by Všeobecná úverová banka (a member of the Intesa Sanpaolo Group)
Syndicate of banks led by Tatra banka (a member of the Reiffeisen Group)
Slovenská sporiteľňa (member of the Erste Group)
Projekt Zelezna Studienka
Eiffage Construction Slovenská republika
Unibail Rodamco Westfield
Tatra Asset Management
- Advised Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) on their agreement to sell Slovakia’s third largest shopping center Aupark Bratislava to the investment group Wood & Co and its JV partner Tatra Asset Management for €450 million, considered the most expensive real estate transaction in the history of Slovakia.
- Advised a club of banks led by Všeobecná úverová banka (a member of the Intesa Sanpaolo Group), which teamed up with UniCredit Bank on one of the largest-ever residential financings in Slovakia. The €105 million loan was provided to J&T Real Estate (JTRE), a market leader in real estate development in Slovakia, to construct approximately 500 apartments on the Danube riverside in Bratislava, in Slovakia’s first skyscraper, the Eurovea Tower, and in the waterfront building Eurovea Riverside.
- Advised a syndicate of banks led by Tatra banka (a member of the Raiffeisen Group), which teamed up with Slovenska sporitelna (a member of Erste Bank Group) and UniCredit Bank on one of the largest real estate development financings in Slovakia in years 2020/2021.
Kinstellar, which is noted for its specialism in industrial and residential property matters, provides a full-service in the real estate arena, including land acquisitions, planning and development work, construction agreements and lettings. The real estate offering is complemented by the firm's strengths in banking and finance and M&A. Roman Oleksik, who is notably active in the energy and automotive industries, co-heads the practice with Viliam Myšička.
Roman Oleksik; Viliam Myšička
Other key lawyers:
‘Roman Oleksik is a very diligent lawyer with a commercial mindset, with a very kind personality.’
‘Necessary knowledge of the projects, quick delivery, helpful in communication with the counterparts.’
‘Tomáš Melíšek – depth of knowledge, communication skills, reliability.’
AIP Asset Management (AIP) represented by The Valesco Group
European City Estates (ECE)
Wood & Company
Sereď Logistics and Industry (PNK Group)
IICG / Faisal Private Bank
- Advising AIP Asset Management (AIP), a Seoul-based asset manager, and London real estate investment manager The Valesco Group (Valesco) on the acquisition of the newly-developed landmark Twin City Tower in Bratislava from HB Reavis.
- Advised GLP, a leading global investment manager in logistics, real estate, infrastructure, finance and related technologies, on an agreement to acquire Goodman Group’s Central and Eastern Europe logistics portfolio.
- Advised Sereď Logistics and Industry (a member of PNK Group – an international industrial building developer and owner) on the sale of logistics park in Western Slovakia to the purchaser REICO investiční společnosť České spořitelny, a.s. (investment company of Česká spořitelna, ERSTE Group).
Ružička & Partners s.r.o.
With strengths in contentious and non-contentious real estate work, Ružička & Partners s.r.o. provides a comprehensive service to clients. Its work covers all aspects of property acquisitions and planning matters, as well as development projects and disposals. In addition, real estate financing and refinancing matters are another cornerstone of the practice. The firm's workload covers matters involving retail centres, residential projects and mixed-use developments, including energy projects, infrastructure projects, and road and rail-related schemes. Ján Azud leads the group.
Other key lawyers:
Dana Nemčíková; Jaroslav Ružička; Ladislav Krechňák; Katarína Kováčová
Ministry of Health of the Slovak Republic
Ministry of Transport and Construction of the Slovak Republic
KOOPERATIVA poisťovňa, a.s., Vienna Insurance Group
Železnice Slovenskej republiky (National operator of railway network)
Železničná spoločnosť Slovensko (National provider of public railway transport)
Slovnaft, member of MOL Group
NASES (National Agency for Network and Electronic Communication Services)
SAM-SHIPBUILDING AND MACHINERY
KIKA Nábytok Slovensko
Trei Real Estate
- Advising the Ministry of Health of the Slovak Republic on the construction of an approximately €300m new university hospital in the capital of Slovakia, Bratislava, which also includes demolition of the existing hospital buildings on the site.
- Advising Železničná spoločnosť Slovenska, the national rail transport operator, on public procurement and development of three EU funded, approximately €100m new maintenance depots in Nové Zámky, Zvolen and Humenné.
- Advising Hornbach, the leading owner, operator and developer of do-it-yourself hobby markets Hornbach, on the acquisition of land plots for future development of a hobby market (incl. due diligence) in Nitra and Prešov.
Advokátska kancelária MCL, s.r.o.
Advokátska kancelária MCL, s.r.o. excels in covering a broad cross-section of matters for clients, including planning, procurement, construction, development, development financing, lettings, property management, acquisition and sales. In addition to advising on non-contentious matters, real estate and construction disputes are also a driver of activity. Vojtech Pálinkáš jointly leads the team with Martin Jurečko and Martin Habán. It is prominent in real estate projects in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
Vojtech Pálinkáš; Martin Jurečko; Martin Habán
‘We have chosen Advokatska kancelaria MCL because got recommendations from the market for real estate transactions. The team has very good experience for checking plots, all findings were very helpful and all process was absolutely professional.’
‘The team has a great leader – Mr. Palinkáš and all members of team were very professional and with great skills. We have been satisfied with this team.’
‘Pragmatic, highly-qualified and English speaking team.’
‘Highly-qualified, dedicated team members.’
‘Unique experience of the partners combined with the human approach makes it Tier 1 on the market.’
‘Martin Jurecko – very likable by the parties – gets deals done; very good quality of work, always available. Vojtech Palinkas – experienced and very seasoned partner, always calm during the negotiations; always doing extra work for the client’
‘People and collaboration with our team online on top level.’
‘High level of professionalism and knowledge of Slovak business law’
EMPIRIA/Mr. Pavol Maráček
EXTENSA GROUP/Top Development
REINOO/Mr. Milan Dubec
KOOPERATIVA poisťovňa, a.s., VIENNA INSURANCE GROUP
IAD INVESTMENTS/ZFP INVESTMENTS
Letisko M.R.Štefánika – Airport Bratislava, a.s. (BTS)
- Advised MiddleCap on a joint venture with CPI Property Group for development, management and asset management of 3 Berlin sites, with the total amount of 150,000sq ft of office and residential space acquired for €30.6m acquisition.
- Advised MiddleCap on all aspects of construction, development of a real estate project in London’s Seal House and JV arrangement with a large regional investment group.
- Advising MiddleCap on design, construction and financing of new build commercial office scheme at Rushworth Street, Southwark, London.
Providing broad expertise in real estate development projects and transactions, Cechová & Partners is active in project finance transactions connected with disposals of real estate, including energy construction plants. It also specialises in construction and zoning law matters, notably representing clients in proceedings in front of construction authorities. Elsewhere, the firm has a strong real estate litigation practice covering disputes related to ownership of title, construction and contractual matters, municipality administration and environmental issues. Team head Lenka Šubeníkov focuses on project developments, real estate transactions, tenancy relations, leasing and construction law matters. Also active in the area is Katarína Čechová, who is known for handling greenfield projects in Slovakia.
Other key lawyers:
‘Reliable, professional support with a friendly handling.’
‘Lenka Subenikova is a very organized, skillful and friendly partner to work with. She and her team are responsive, proactive thinking with valuable contributions and solutions to tackle the projects both, legally and economically in a most reasonable way.’
‘I think the team members have the required expertise and awareness in order to properly support their clients on commercial topics.’
Crown Bevcan Slovakia (Crown Group)
Global City RE Group [former name Cinema City]
Inalfa Roof Systems
LR Comfort (subsidiary RONA Group)
Merck, Sharp & Dohme
SMRC (previously Reydel)
- Assistance to YIT in several key development projects in Bratislava. Complex legal advice on various ownership and contractual matters, settlement of contractual matters, construction and contractual law related matters regarding preparation and realization of multifunctional projects in Bratislava and representing the client in two significant recently settled court disputes related to titles to significant real estates for construction project development.
- Complex assistance to Amgen in lease negotiation as a premier tenant in a major new office development and related lease termination in the existing premises.
- Advising SMRC Automotive Solutions Slovakia s.r.o. in further extension of its plant in Nitra. Assistance has been currently focused on preparation and negotiations of a future lease agreement for extension – newly built leased facilities in Nitra – for purposes to extend production and stock facilities in Slovakia.
CMS’ experience includes complex cross-border property portfolio sales and acquisitions, leasing, construction, development projects and litigation. The practice covers the key sectors of logistics, retail, office, residential, hotels, infrastructure, renewable energy and student accommodation. Michal Huťan is experienced in high-end real estate transactions, notably logistics projects and offices, as well as regulatory matters in the real estate sector. He co-heads the team with Soňa Hanková.
Michal Huťan; Soňa Hanková
Other key lawyers:
Dusan Predny; Peter Šimo
‘The entire team across all departments work professionally, providing clients as well as business partners with relevant attention and support.’
‘Dusan Predny – a senior associate in the Real Estate and Energy groups, who at all moments leaves no doubt that he is the right ‘go to’ person, whether issue is of business nature or touches highly specialized topic.’
‘We want to mention Michal Hutan. Michal is a respected practitioner who frequently handles large portfolio acquisitions, real estate due diligence and M&A transactions. Michal is a great negotiator and has vast experience in the real estate field from various prospectives. He really shows his hands-on approach to things on daily basis and with his honesty and professional approach is able to create with every client a strong relationship.’
The Government of Slovakia
HYPO NOE Landesbank für Niederösterreich und Wien AG
CREOTAX s. r. o
- Advising international fast fashion retailors Primark on opening its new flagship store in Bratislava.
- Advising the Government of Slovakia on the preparation of a tender for the planning, construction, operation and facility management aspects of a prison valued at EUR 100m +.
- Advised Allianz/VGP on the EUR 166m acquisition of a cross-border logistics portfolio, including a Slovak business park.
HKV Law Firm s.r.o.
Leveraging its strength in corporate, financing and commercial law, HKV Law Firm s.r.o. provides comprehensive advice to clients on a myriad of issues impacting real estate projects. The firm has particular expertise in agricultural land transactions and matters related to land purchase, as well as issues related to scattered ownership. Practice head Roman Hamala specialises in advising clients in the energy, infrastructure, telecommunications, real estate and financial institutions sectors. Another key name in the team is Lukáš Michálik, who is an ‘extremely experienced professional with a very strong focus on delivering practical solutions’.
Other key lawyers:
‘Reliable, responsive professionals with problem solving attitude providing straight to the point legal advice with highest professional standard.’
‘Lukas Michalik – extremely experienced professional with a very strong focus on delivering practical solutions.’
CRESCO GROUP a.s.
CA Immobilien Anlagen AG
South City Development s.r.o.
Invest Rent, a.s.
Palace Office, a.s.
- Assisting CA Immobilien Anlagen AG, a significant Austrian developer and investment group CA Immobilien Anlagen AG, with preparing land for the construction of a major logistics park in western Slovakia.
- Handling real estate due diligence for Letisko M.R.Štefánika – Airport Bratislava, a.s. (BTS)Ministry of Transport and Construction of the Slovak Republic, related to the land (land plots under Bratislava airport) in the area 4.77 km² and recommendation on the settlement of numerous ownership disputes in this area.
- Advising South City Development s.r.o., a joint venture of an Irish Real Estate Fund and one of the largest local developer, on a real estate project concerning the construction of a new “city district” South City in Bratislava on the total area of approximately 85 hectares of land.
RELEVANS Law Firm's real estate and construction practice acts on a multitude of projects, such as those involving local and international residential, retail, logistic, industrial and hotel premises. It covers the entire lifecycle of development projects and transactions, with work ranging from zoning, planning and construction matters to purchases, leases and sales of real estate. The team also represents clients in proceedings before administrative authorities, courts and public institutions. Marián Masarik is the head of the practice.
Other key lawyers:
Pavol Solár; Petra Zackova Vojtasova; Martina Vida; Michaela Vojtkova; Adam Pavlik; Juraj Liner; Ivana Gaziova; Eduard Pajdlhauser; Katarina Hrickova
‘I appreciate the team’s practicality (sorting out what issues are important) and its industry knowledge. They perfectly handle all aspects of any project and go above and beyond to ensure all aspects are handled in a timely and professional manner. Within their strengths can be counted very professional approach, wide spectrum of knowledge, quick reactions, and they understand how our business works and tailor specific legal solutions to us.’
‘RELEVANS Law Firm employs and works with many outstanding and knowledgeable lawyers. I would like to mention Petra Zackova Vojtasova, Katarina Hrickova and Eduard Pajdlhauser for real estate agenda. All of them are exceptional lawyers – experts in his/her legal area. All of them think logically and have a very business-oriented approach.’
‘Over the years Relevans´ lawyers have shown that they have a very solid understanding of business and the surrounding legal framework. This has been a great asset to us. I can strongly recommend the services of Relevans Law firm.’
‘Among others, outstanding members of Relevans include Marián Masarik and Pavol Solár, who have a talent for searching and finding the best possible solutions that suit our business needs.’
‘What I appreciate with respect to legal services provided by Relevans, is their strong technical abilities and know-how, as well as their experience with very complex matters and cases.’
‘Pavol Solar, Petra Zackova Vojtasova, Martina Vida, Michaela Vojtkova, Adam Pavlik, Juraj Liner, Ivana Gaziova and Eduard Pajdlhauser are the lawyers to be mentioned and recommended in real estate agenda. They are very effective, with strong technical knowledge. I consider these lawyers as really skilled, very professional and reliable.’
J & T REAL ESTATE
PRVÁ PENZIJNÁ SPRÁVCOVSKÁ SPOLOČNOSŤ POŠTOVEJ BANKY
Danube Facility Services
City Arena, a.s.
- Advising J&T REAL ESTATE on the creation of new city district in Bratislava – Nove Lido.
- Advising J&T REAL ESTATE on the creation of unique EUROVEA CITY urban project.
- Providing a real estate fund with legal services for the Westend Business Park administrative business zone.
Škubla & Partneri s.r.o.
Škubla & Partneri s.r.o. advises clients on development and infrastructure issues associated with residential, administrative, amusement and other real estate projects in the region of Slovak Republic and Czech Republic. The firm’s experience spans land acquisitions, greenfield and brownfield, urban planning, zoning permits, construction and occupancy permits. Transactional specialist Marián Šulík co-heads the team with Erika Galgóciová.
Marián Šulík; Erika Galgóciová
‘Their approach was truly smooth and pro-business oriented. They were also willing to listen, understand and solve the worries of the counterparty.’
‘Marian Sulik, who led the transaction as legal counsel was at any time familiar with any topic that popped-out during the transaction and was always supporting so that the transaction may have been accomplished within an extremely tight deadline.’
Penta Real Estate
SKY PARK RESIDENCES
SKY PARK OFFICES
BCT 1, BCT 2, BCT 3
ProCare, Svet zdravia
Occam Real Estate
- Advised Penta Real Estate on top tier project known as “SKY PARK”, residential part designed by UK architectural office Zaha Hadid.
- Advised investor on the construction of Bory Home, the new residential project in Bratislava.
- Advised Svet zdravia on the construction of the private hospital – called New Generation Hospital, in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Squire Patton Boggs s.r.o. serves as a one-stop-shop for advice on planning and development projects. In addition, it acts for private and government entities (including foreign diplomatic missions) on a range of matters, including leasing, property acquisitions, construction, property disputes and asset management. Recent work included advising clients on Covid-19 related measures. Group head Tatiana Prokopova focuses on zoning regulation, construction permitting and asset management matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘Above and beyond legal services, both in terms of performance and delivery. Their legal research skills are impeccable, leaving no stone unturned. Detailed knowledge of the local real estate practice and application of local and diplomatic law.’
‘Tatiana Prokopova (Partner) and Katarína Ottova (Associate) have made every possible effort in our case.’
Chipita Slovakia, s.r.o.
Decathlon SK s.r.o.
First European Title Insurance Company Ltd.
LafargeHolcim European Business Services
McCarter Marketing s.r.o.
Private Individual/Slavin residence
TESCO STORES SR, a.s.
United States Embassy
- Advising the US Embassy on its acquisition of a prime-location real property in Bratislava for the construction of the new US Embassy compound.
- Secured the fourth winning judgment for Tesco in complex and lengthy title litigation relating to restitutions and historical title issues.
- Assisted LafargeHolcim European Business Services with the negotiation of new office premises in Košice city, including pre-rental arrangements relating to build-to-suit leasing.
Bartošík Šváby s.r.o. (former BS Legal s.r.o.)
In addition to being active in real estate investment transactions, Bartošík Šváby s.r.o. (former BS Legal s.r.o.) is strong in handling lease agreements, construction contracts, development projects and real estate finance transactions. Its workload includes matters involving assets such as shopping centres, administrative buildings and logistics parks. The team is co-led by Peter Bartošík, Boris Šváby and Igor Šváby (who is an expert in shopping centre administrations).
Peter Bartošík; Boris Šváby; Igor Šváby
Immocap Group Hamilton GroupHeitman
Wood & Company
Dextram Tatra Residence
Hamilton GroupImmocap Group
Black Swan Investment Fund 1, s.r.o.
JV of Immocap Group and Wood & Company
- Provides complex legal services related to planning of the project for IMMOCAP – Project New IstropolisHeitman. Assistance currently includes mainly, but not only, implementing of contractual relations with several international concept architects and number of complementary local architects.
- Development of multi-functional project for WOOD & Company/JV WOOD & Company and Cresco IMMOCAP – Project ZahradnickaTatra residence (subsidiary of Tatra banka) with expected net sale area of app. 36,000 sqm.
- Development of administrative project for IMMOCAP – Project Mill JV IMMOCAP and WOOD & Company – Project LO2Immocap Group with expected GLA of app. 24,000 sqm.XXX sqm.
Beatow Partners s.r.o
Beatow Partners s.r.o advises on cross-border construction projects and residential property developments. It is a member of Meritas, a leading networks of commercial law firms, boosting its multijuristictional capacity. Oliver Weber spearheads the team and advises local and international clients.
bnt attorneys in CEE
Known for its multijurisdictional expertise, particularly in the CEE region, bnt attorneys in CEE's team handles real estate investment transactions across a number of areas, including mining, social services, production, agriculture, forestry and logistics. Margareta Sovova, who leads the practice, is a German attorney-at-law with over 20 years of experience practising in Slovakia.
Other key lawyers:
‘The uniqueness of bnt can be described in the fact that every lawyer has an enormous amount of knowledge and practice. However, if specific specialist knowledge is necessary for one of your questions that your personal lawyer does not have 100% ready, then your contact person at bnt will consult with the team and get the best result for you.’
‘I think bnt acts like a big family. The employees in the office and at reception are always extremely nice, competent and always helpful. I think there is no other law firm that you can be in better hands with than bnt lawyers in CEE.’
‘My personal lawyer and contact person at bnt is Roman Gašparík. Apart from his very broad knowledge and his excellent competence, I consider Mr Gašparík to be a real friend, even though we don’t see each other that often due to the local distance. All other lawyers, the partners and employees at bnt are all very, very nice and highly competent.’
Hainbuch GmbH Spannende Technik
SH DEVELOPMENT s.r.o. (affiliate of Caritas)
Bank Austria Real Invest Asset Management GmbH
DI.(FH.) Hubertus Orsini-Rosenberg – Forstbetrieb Sonnegg
LKW Komponenten s.r.o.
Scheuch Real Estate GmbH
KROMBERG & Schubert s.r.o.
TERRA MORAVA SLOVAKIA k.s. (Josef Heymann)
H. Kufferath GmbH Prüf-und Vorrichtungstechnik
- Advising Slovak subsidiary of Hainbuch GmbH Spannende Technik on acquisition of land in an industrial park near Trenčín (middle Slovakia) and contract for work in connection with the construction of a built to suit production hall in German language.
- Advising SH DEVELOPMENT s.r.o. on two real estate acquisitions for the construction and operation of senior houses and on one long-term lease of a built to suit senior house in Slovakia in German language.
- Advising EUROTALC s.r.o. on acquisition of land with complicated owner structure for the enlargement of talc processing plant in southern Slovakia, which includes the process of expropriation and dealing with Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic.
The integrated Czech and Slovak team at bpv Braun Partners s.r.o., o.z. specialises in cross-border work, particularly development, investment and construction matters. The practice assists clients with multi-purpose administrative, shopping and building projects, developments and reconstructions, across the core areas of project financing, loan structuring, leasing contracts and preparing related documents. Czech Republic-based Jiří Bárta co-heads the team with Igor Augustinič , who has experience of advising Slovak companies and the Slovak subsidiaries of Austrian, German and other international companies.
Jiří Bárta; Igor Augustinič
Other key lawyers:
‘Small team, solution focused, quick respons times, always practical results without great efforts, good language skills & translation.’
‘Igor Augustinic: Very smart, known him 15 years, very good “all round lawyer”, my contact person for all topics. Juray Gazda: Upcoming, always on the top, always prepared.’
Hornbach Baumarkt Group
BAWAG P.S.K. Leasing
HYPO NOE Landesbank
Erste Group Bank
Deloitte Legal s. r. o.
Deloitte Legal s. r. o. is highlighted for the ‘high availability, professional approach and the transnational experience of the whole team’. It acts on the buy side and sell side of investment transactions, as well as handling financings and refinancings, leases of commercial premises and offices, and construction matters. The practice is led by Dagmar Yoder, who has a specialism in build-to-suit (BTS) logistic projects.
Other key lawyers:
‘We value the high availability, professional approach and the transnational experience of the whole team of employees.’
NE PROPERTY COOPERATIEF U.A.
Zaman Hospitality Investment LLC
- Advised Industrie Holding on an infrastructure development project on the client’s Bratislava land portfolio, the sale of the existing land portfolio (including negotiation with potential buyers), and the acquisition of additional land.
LEGATE, s.r.o’s experience covers all aspects of investment transactions (including inbound, outbound domestic investments), as well as counselling on permits and restrictions. The practice also acts for clients on brownfield projects, in particular within the energy and natural resources industry, and it is also active in greenfield residential project developments, agriculture projects, commercial properties and leisure properties. The team is co-led by Peter Vrábel, who has ‘deep expertise in transactional matters’, Alena Pláňavská and Lucia Staroňová.
Peter Vrábel; Alena Pláňavská; Lucia Staroňová
‘They are a good bunch and enjoyable to work with. They are very pragmatically minded and solution oriented. They have invaluable expertise, and so we get great value in their services.’
‘Lucia Staroňová has significant experience of real estate and litigation matters. We appreciate her commercial awareness, decent style of communication and professional attitude. She is very punctual, always keeping to deadlines and thinking of the broader picture. Peter Vrábel has longstanding experience of high-profile transactions and has deep expertise in transactional matters. He has great command of the law and has a very nice, diplomatic style with opposing parties.’
The multidisciplinary practice at Noerr combines the expertise of practitioners in areas such as private equity, corporate law, capital markets, financing, tax, real estate law and public law. The firm advises strategic investors, real estate funds, developers, construction companies, automotive, manufacturing and retail players on local and cross-border real estate transactions. Particular strengths include greenfield investments, project and property development, and expansion projects. Pavol Rak leads the team.
Kaufland Slovenská republika v.o.s.
Tate & Lyle Boleraz
Air International Thermal
Lidl Bulgaria EOOD & Co. KD
PETERKA & PARTNERS
PETERKA & PARTNERS' real estate practice is centred on its work for local developers and cross-border transactional work for international players, particularly in the CEE region. Its work includes acquisition, financing, refinancing, development, leases, permitting issues and litigation. Andrea Butasova, who leads the team, focuses on issues related to real estate, construction, development and contract law.
Leader Gasket Technologies
Nissens Slovakia and Nissens Slovakia North
Tatra Asset Management Group
- Regular advice to real estate companies belonging to Tatra Asset Management Group, part of the Raiffeisen Bank International Group, owners of multiple commercial and office premises in Slovakia, on the contractual relationships with their tenants.
- Advising Nissens Slovakia and Nissens Slovakia North (members of the Nissens group), one of the most prestigious cooling component suppliers in the world, on the lease of production hall in its production facility.
- Advising ACNielsen Slovakia, a member of the Nielsen Group, a leading global data and analytics services provider, on the lease of new office premises in Bratislava.
Taylor Wessing Slovakia is known for its experience of acting for lessors and lessees in the retail real estate sector. It also handles complex asset management work, as well as construction projects and transactions related to agricultural land and forestry. Silvia Hlavačková specialises in real estate and construction. She co-leads the team with Andrej Leontiev, who focuses on private wealth, real estate, infrastructure and TMT.
Silvia Hlavačková; Andrej Leontiev
dm drogerie markt
First Montana Industrial Properties s. r. o.
MANGO SLOVENSKO s.r.o.
City of Bratislava
PORFIX – pórobetón
GA Drilling, a. s
BBH advokátska kancelária, s.r.o. is ‘always prepared to provide its professional support based on deep knowledge of matters of law’. It acts for clients on high-value real estate investment transactions, financings and litigation. Clients include developers, purchasers and sellers, financing banks and creditors. Olga Beláňová focuses on real estate transactions and projects, and co-heads the practice with Matej Blahút.
Olga Beláňová; Matej Blahút
Other key lawyers:
Roman Vydra; Miroslav Fasung
‘BBH is our preferred adviser for all legal issues concerning the Slovak Republic. They are reliable, fast and always professional. We appreciate their advice not only in legal, but also in commercial matters.’
‘Olga Belanova is the partner responsible for our cases. She is experienced, understands both the law and business, and leads her team very well. Roman Vydra is the associate who we most cooperate with. Roman is smart, has great attention to detail, communication skills and is always able to respond to our enquiries very quickly.’
‘BBH always provided us with creative tailor-made solutions and fulfilled our legal, as well as commercial needs. Client support from BBH is outstanding, BBH team is always prepared to provide its professional support based on deep knowledge of matters of law.’
‘Our contact person is Matej Blahút, who we think stands out because of his always professional and dedicated approach.’
‘Strong long standing base of clients which appreciates the level of work provide by the team. Excellent value for money.’
‘Miroslav Fasung – very good quality of work, always available, very good knowledge of law. Matej Blahut – partner with great drive and always doing extra work for the client.’
Erste Group Immorent
YIT Slovakia, a.s.
Generali Group – Generali Real Estate (Green Point Offices a.s.)
Waldviertler Sparkasse Bank AG
Nové Vajnory, s.r.o. / Nordic Real Estate Holding
První Investiční Group
- Provided První Investiční Group with comprehensive legal advisory services in connection with the acquisition and subsequent development of multimillion real estate project in Georgia.
- Acted for Erste Group Immorent on the sale of the industrial park Immopark Žilina to industrial property development company CTP.
- Advising Kaprain Group on various legal issues related to acquisition and operation of industrial area in Nováky, Slovakia, used for operation of business of company FORTISCHEM a. s. “pod dočasnou ochranou”.
Eversheds Sutherland, advokátska kancelária, s.r.o.
Eversheds Sutherland, advokátska kancelária, s.r.o. advises tenants on retail and industry leases, and also acts for Slovak high-net-worth individuals on real estate transactions. In addition, construction work is another area of strength. Also notable is that it is able to advise on environmental law issues; Annamária Tóthová has specialist expertise in this space. Practice head Bernhard Hager is an Austrian attorney who is authorised to practice in the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic. He focuses on advising international clients on energy and infrastructure projects and construction law matters.
Other key lawyers:
McDonald´s Slovakia s.r.o.
HAVI Logistics s. r. o.
FECUPRAL, spol. s.r.o.
Signode Slovakia s.r.o.
IB VOGT GmbH
TSR Slovakia, s.r.o.
Mag. Maria Haselböck
SOUKENÍK – ŠTRPKA, s. r. o. acts for clients on a range of development projects and contentious matters, including arbitrations, in the real estate and construction field. ‘Thanks to its large legal team’, the firm ‘swiftly provides quality legal service, even in cases where greater amount of tasks are assigned by the client’. David Soukeník co-heads the team with associate Jozef Nádaský, whose expertise includes development projects.
David Soukeník; Jozef Nádaský
Other key lawyers:
Lukáš Štefánik; Roman Oršula
‘SOUKENÍK – ŠTRPKA being one of the largest law firms can, thanks to its large legal team, swiftly provide quality legal service, even in cases where greater amount of tasks is assigned by the client. Personal advice and various legal analysis are provided in a highly professional manner, with concise language and to the satisfaction of the client. Based on our over 10 year cooperation we can confirm that SOUKENÍK – ŠTRPKA consistently maintains high standards of provided legal services.’
‘Discreteness, responsiveness, flexibility, commitment to work, high professionalism, proper working relationships, professional and pleasant appearance, accessibility of respective attorneys. Lukáš Štefánik and Roman Oršula are highly recommended.’
Ministry of Transport and Construction of the Slovak Republic
National Motorway Company
HAUSBERG, s. r. o.
BL Development, s.r.o.
DELTA Trade ZH s.r.o.
Projekt T s. r. o.
consult s. r. o.
PROJEKT INVESTMENT s.r.o.
D.A.W., s. r. o.
VODOHOSPODÁRSKA VÝSTAVBA, ŠTÁTNY PODNIK
HIGH TATRAS TOWER s.r.o.
AGRO PARK VAŽEC, s.r.o.
Royal Brabest Capital, a.s.
HIGH TATRAS CHALET s.r.o.
DENNON s. r. o.
- Co-represents Ministry of Transport and Construction of the Slovak Republic against the Concessionaire and EPC Contractor in an international arbitration pursuant to the ICC Rules.
- Advising HAUSBERG, s. r. o. on development projects, issues regarding own funds of investors (initial contributions of shareholders, contributions to other capital funds, etc.), issues regarding change of financial structure of the company, issues related to obtaining of external financial sources necessary for project funding.
- Advising DELTA Trade ZH s.r.o. on property issues related to an industrial park development.
Stentors acts for clients on acquisitions, disposals and leasing matters. In addition, it also assists clients with managing their real estate portfolios and the recovery of claims in court, as well as financing and refinancing matters. The firm also supports clients in public procurement processes related to real estate. The practice is jointly led by Vladimír Kordoš and Michal Hulena.
Vladimír Kordoš; Michal Hulena
Other key lawyers:
Erik Schvab; Andrea Obuchová
‘Michal Hulena is working well with us and takes the stress out of any situation. He advises us proactively to achieve the best outcome for our deals, projects or any situation. Erik Schváb, attorney – He is incredibly commercial and puts business interests at the centre of everything. We trust him to achieve the best results and outcomes for us. Andrea Obuchová, – She is professional, responsive, and most of all, PASSIONATE about your project. The personal and caring touch she shows shall never be forgotten.’
‘Michal Hulena – such a knowledgeable partner with hands-on approach. Erik Schvab and Andrea Obuchová – very talented associates.’
Invest4SEE RE Investment Holding GmbH
STOREX AGRO, s.r.o.
BNL a.s. v konkurze
- Advising CTP Group on the acquisition of an industrial park in Žilina, consisting of existing buildings and land for further development.
- Ongoing advice to Invest4SEE RE Investment Holding GmbH active in real estate development, mostly logistic parks and built to suit buildings divided into the several phases – now the phase 4 is under development.
Specialising in multijurisdictional matters, Wolf Theiss has particular experience of advising international clients from the software and fashion retail sectors, as well as real estate investors in retail businesses. The firm also advises landlords and tenants on commercial leases, and the practice is active in a range of real estate acquisitions and sales of properties. Counsel Bruno Štefánik, who leads the team, is experienced in transactions, development projects, project finance transactions and negotiating lease agreements.
Other key lawyers:
‘Radka Nenickova and the team are incredibly helpful. They have assisted us seamlessly throughout the process. They are happy to jump on calls and to guide stakeholders through the process. The drafting and advice is clear and well considered.’
‘Radka Nenickova is standout. Always happy to assist and always clear and precise in her guidance.’
H&M Hennes & Mauritz SK s.r.o.
Canonical Group Limited
- Advising H&M Hennes & Mauritz SK s.r.o. (“H&M”), the Slovak branch of the popular international retailer, on various lease agreements related to the expansion of its retail network in the Slovak Republic.
- Advising Canonical Group Limited on the long-term rent of office premises in Bratislava, Slovakia.