Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii is a leading player in the market for procurement awards, major infrastructure projects and PPPs. The team is currently involved in over €3bn worth of infrastructure developments, including road and rail upgrades, and utilities and energy projects. The lawyers have good expertise advising on defence procurement contracts, backed by a strong grounding in contentious and non-contentious regulatory and administrative law. Partners Serban Pâslaru and Vlad Cercel are both notable figure sin the market, and clients also rate the firm's crop of associates, including Iuliana Leon.
PPP and procurement in Romania
Şerban Pâslaru; Vlad Cercel
Other key lawyers:
‘Their team is excellent on all the parameters: availability, responsiveness, industry knowledge and understanding. They are deeply versed in the legal and commercial issues of infrastructure projects. As far as I know, Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații is one of the best for projects and procurement work in Romania, widely viewed as excellent across board.’
‘The PPP and public procurement team has a good combination of skills, offering excellent support in an array of projects in various sectors, including telecoms. The level of expertise that they have achieved in this area is exceptional. The team is instrumental in public procurement, concessions and PPPs: no academic discourse, no “one size fits all” approach, only practical and valuable input.’
‘Tuca Zbarcea law office is definitely delivering to the highest standards and this, combined with their exceptional business approach, makes them market leaders.’
‘Serban Paslaru is a highly reputed specialist in public procurement and concessions. He is pragmatic and robust, conducting useful discussions with the authorities. He is well versed in all aspects of public procurement law rules, including the relevant domestic and EU legal framework and case law.’
‘Vlad Cercel is an outstanding professional with a strong reputation who understands the requirements of our industry perfectly. The advice we get from him is always top-drawer. He excellently coordinates all aspects of a project with great technical abilities, is knowledgeable about what project sponsors, lenders, public authorities require and is able to harmonise parties’ interest so as to keep the project move forward.’
Retim Ecologic Service
Nuctech Warsaw Company Limited Sp. Z o.o.
Astra Vagoane Calatori S.A.
- Advising Astaldi in relation to €957m worth of public procurement procedures regarding the future Metro’s Lines 5 and 6.
- Advising Astra Vagoane Calatori S.A. in connection with a €176m award procedure carried out by the Bucharest City Hall for the supply contract for a hundred new trams.
- Representing Eurotransgaz SRL on a €68m works contract for the pipeline connecting the Romanian and Moldovan gas transmission networks.
Musat & Asociatii remains a top destination for public procurement and PPP related matters. The firm serves an impressive private sector client base across a wide range of sectors, including utilities, infrastructure, energy and waste. Recently the team advised on several major transport-related procurement contracts, including interactions with Ministry of Defense and the Civil Aviation Authority. The firm's size enables a full service, encompassing contractual, construction and employment issues, through to potential litigation . Iulian Popescu and Răzvan Stoicescu are both highly experienced on the non-contentious side, while Angela Porumb is a key contact for related disputes.
Other key lawyers:
Razvan Stoicescu; Angela Porumb
DAMEN SHIPYARDS GORINCHEM
DAMEN SCHELDE NAVAL SHIPBUILDING BV
RHEINMETALL MAN MILITARY VEHICLES GMBH AND MHS TRUCK & BUS SRL
BEECHCRAFT BERLIN AVIATION GMBH
AEON BUILDING S.R.L.
CCCC TIANJIN DREDGING CO., LTD. OVERSEAS BUSINESS DIVISION
NET BRINEL S.A.
DELTA ANTREPRIZA DE CONSTRUCTII SI MONTAJ S.A.
SOLAR TURBINES EUROPE S.A.
NOVARES (FORMER MECAPLAST)
- Assisting Damen Shipyards Gorinchem in connection with a public procurement procedure organized by Romanian General Inspectorate of Border Police for the acquisition of a maritime patrol vessel.
- Advised an automotive industry consortium, comprising of Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles GMBH and MHS Truck & Bus SRL, on a procurement procedure concerning a ‘Multifunctional car platforms on wheels’ initiated by the Romanian Ministry of Defense.
- Assisting Beechcraft Berlin Aviation during the implementation of a procurement contract for the supply of a specialist aircraft to the Romanian Civil Aviation Authority.
Nestor Nestor Diculescu Kingston Petersen has a versatile and extremely experienced practice that acts for public and private sector clients. Practice head Adina Chilim-Dumitriu enjoys a top reputation in the market, and is backed by an experienced team including managing associate Alexandru Aman and well-established partners such as Adriana Gaspar and Razvan Vlad. The firm's size and depth allows it to support clients on every stage of the process, from the initial bid and financing, through to the implementation and potential disputes. Recent highlights have included major road and rail projects, utilities and healthcare infrastructure projects.
Adina Chilim-Dumitriu; Adriana Gaspar
‘They always provide our company with a high grade of certainty when it comes to address legal issues related to public procurement. It is what makes them different in this regard: their profound knowledge of both our sector (which is crucial for us) and their accuracy when giving legal advice.’
‘One of the most relevant innovations they offer is the perfect mix between the lawyers who specialize in the regulatory area of the law with those lawyers who are expert in procedural law. It is a key factor when it comes to participating in tenders and in court files related to them. Last, but not least, the above-mentioned innovation allow us to count on their availability even in subsequent stages of the process.’
‘This practice is unique due to the high quality of its team members and exceptional professional training. Every individual working in the law firm, from the law professionals to the administrative staff, is deeply committed to provide the most professional experience to their customers.’
‘NNDKP’s team is made up of bright and prominent lawyers, competent and highly committed. In particular, Adina Chilim-Dumitriu has a broad experience and this inspires a lot of confidence. Adina is always available, providing us with a quick and high quality legal advice – she has an excellent overview of the possible legal risks, which brings us great clarity and transparency in her responses.’
‘Alexandru Aman has exceptional communication abilities during all the time he has worked for us, and a deep knowledge of the legal areas he specializes in.’
Impresa Pizzarotti & C S.p.A
PORR Construct SRL – PORR Bau GMBH
Siemens Mobility SRL
Roche Romania SRL
Rönesans Sağlık Yatırım A.Ș.
- Advising PORR Construct SRL on various public procurement contracts, includin the rehabilitation of the DN 76 project and the Sebes-Turda Construction of Motorway project, Sibiu-Pitesti motorway (Lot 1) and DN 5 (Ring road).
- Successfully representing FCC Construccion – Aqualia – Suez Consortium in disputes regarding the award of the public procurement contract for the extension of the Glina waste water treatment plant, as well as ongoing assistance throughout the implementation phase of the project.
- Advising Siemens Mobility on the acquisition of electric trains for the entire rail network, including subsequent disputes and challenges before the Bucharest Court of Appeal.
Popovici Nitu Stoica & Asociatii has excellent expertise across a wide range of project types, both on the contentious and non-contentious side. Road and rail improvement projects and now infrastructure both feature high on the agenda, including in the utilities, water and waste management space. The team is well versed in major IT public procurements, representing an impressive mix of domestic and international software developers and IT companies. Florian Niţu and Alexandru Ambrozie are two of the firm's most active partners, while associates such as Ramona Pentilescu are also held in high regard.
Florian Nitu; Alexandru Ambrozie
Other key lawyers:
- Advised SAP on a public procurement tender organised by the Romanian Competition Council for the acquisition of a big data platform.
- Advised SIVECO on the award of the contract for extending and developing APIA’s IT system.
- Advised Senia Music on a public procurement tender organised by Gheorghe Dima Music Academy in Cluj-Napoca for the acquisition of several pianos.
VASS Lawyers is a top-notch boutique, specialised purely on contentious and non-contentious public procurement matters. The firm acts for an impressive mix of domestic and international clients from across a range of sectors. The COVID-19 pandemic saw an upswing in work for clients in the healthcare sector, as well as other key areas such as education and the need to bring studies online. Major contractual disputes are also climbing the agenda, and partner Alexandra Mititelu is highly active on the disputes side. Bianca Bello typically handles advisory matters, with the extremely well regarded Iulia Vass covering all areas.
Iulia Vass; Bianca Bello
Other key lawyers:
‘Vass Lawyers redefines attention to detail. They are doing thorough work every single time, so we always get the highest quality work. Having them by our side we know that we will never lose a tender for anything else than price competition. Public procurement is the area where the team is the strongest on the market and we are happy to be their client. They are definitely one of the top firms out there.’
‘Their professionalism, promptness, perseverance, coherence, reasoning, analytical ability, communication, creativity and integrity are the reasons for which we highly recommend VASS Lawyers to any company seeking for legal counselling.’
‘Iulia Vass is an outstanding public procurement lawyer. Very knowledgeable and hard-working, her insight and strategic advice makes her the right partner for my business.’
‘Iulia Vass and her team are exceptional lawyers, trustworthy and extremely dedicated. They are all talented, passionate, have a keen eye for details, analytical skills and at the same time, they are a pleasure to work with. I consider myself very lucky to have found them.’
- Advised an international consortium of companies on the implementation of the concessions contract for the establishment of a foreign campus for medical studies, by a Romanian university, with a total estimated value of over €300m.
- Represented several Romanian companies on complex public procurement award procedures and the implementation of contracts regarding municipal services for sanitation, waste, snow removal and urban landscaping, with a total estimated value of over €320m.
- Advised a Polish manufacturer of railway vehicles on several complex procurement procedures and contracts for the supply of over €200m worth of trams.
Bondoc si Asociatii SCA's comprehensive service is capable of guiding clients through every stage of the public procurement journey. The team has a good reputation in the life sciences and healthcare sectors, which were particularly busy during the COVID-19 pandemic. The department is also strong on major energy and natural resources projects, as well as infrastructure projects in the utilities and transport sectors. Simona Petrisor leads the well regarded team which benefits from cross-practice support from the litigation, competition and commercial law departments. The firm's cooperation with White & Case LLP helps on cross-border mandates.
‘They have a solid, senior multidisciplinary team. They have top experience in the healthcare sector. In terms of collaboration, what we appreciate most is their effort for holistic approach and attention to detail.’
ENGIE Romania SA (former GDF Suez Energy Romania SA)
Procter & Gamble
Johnson & Johnson
Pfizer Romania SRL
Clariant Produkte (Deutschland) GmbH
Societe Generale London Branch
Euro Sun Mining
Delphi France SAS
Leading Edge Materials Corp.
Merck, Sharp & Dohme Romania (MSD)
- Represented a Rosenbauer AG- Deltalift SRL consortium in a challenge concerning a contract for the acquisition of hydraulic platforms by the Romanian State Inspectorate for Emergency Situations.
- Advised Netcity on various PPP related legal matters, including a concession agreement with the City Hall of Bucharest.
- Advised Merck, Sharp & Dohme Romania in connection with various procurement procedures regarding drugs, vaccines and medical devices.
Leroy si Asociatii has good expertise in complex projects linked to heavily regulated and politically sensitive sectors such as defence and nuclear energy. In this respect, the firm has a good record on major tenders, and typically advises clients on the full range of issues that follow, from day-to-day operational management through to related disputes. The firm represents an impressive mix of international clients and is often referred work by major international law firms. Bruno Leroy and Andreea Toma are both highly experienced practitioners.
Bruno Leroy; Andreea Toma
- Aassisted the Naval Group with its bid for the Romanian Ministry of National Defence’s contract for the purchase of four multifunctional corvettes and the modernization of two frigates, as well as the defence against subsequent challenges.
- Assisting Vitalia with the day-to-day management of its water management system, including acting in a dispute related to tariffs applied to the disposal of waste at Tarpiu IWMS and VSPM.
- Representing the consortium Euro Gammas Association in a dispute with the Horia Hulubei National Institute of Nuclear Physics over the performance of a public procurement contract to install a gamma beam system for destroying nuclear waste.
Schoenherr si Asociatii SCA has a diverse client base that regularly instructs the firm on major public tenders and related financings. The firm's lawyers have good experience of transport and social infrastructure projects, including universities and schools. The firm's regulatory and disputes expertise also helps on contentious issues and related legislative advice. Matei Florea heads the overall practice, with managing attorney Carmen Știrbu stepping in to head the public procurement side, following the departure of Oana Voda to Filip & Company.
Other key lawyers:
- Assisting a major construction company on bids in public tenders worth over €1.3bn for design and build contracts regarding large infrastructure projects including highways and metro lines.
- Assisting a railway vehicles manufacturer in a series of procedures organised by Romanian public authorities for the acquisition of trams worth approximately €195m.
- Assisting an insurance company on various legal matters in connection with its participation as bidder in public procurement procedures in Romania.
Voicu & Filipescu SCA enjoys a good reputation in the market, representing numerous transportation, industrial, and healthcare companies on their tenders for public contracts. As well as the bid stage, the team assists with financing packages, subcontracting agreements, facilities management, and handles any subsequent disputes. Practice co-head Raluca Mihai has a strong specialisation in this field, regularly advising on every stage of the process. Fellow co-head Marta Popa is especially experienced advising clients in the energy, IT and medical sectors.
Marta Popa; Raluca Mihai
General Electric Medical Systems
- Advising Ecolab on its participation in various public procurement tenders organized by hospitals, universities and other public institutions for supply of cleaning and hygiene products.
- Advising General Electric Medical Systems on contentious and non-contentious issues linked to various public procurement tenders.
- Advising Boskalis on its participation in various maritime-related public procurement tenders organized by Romanian government.
Zamfirescu Racoti Vasile & Partners assists both public authorities and private sector clients on major procurements and concession projects. The firm is especially strong on the legislative and regulatory side, and, thanks to its well-regarded litigation practice, stands out for its ability to represent clients on complaints and challenges; administrative litigator Monica Strimbei is a key contact in that arena. The broader team, led by Elena Iacob, regularly handles major tenders, and has a good track record on strategic infrastructure projects, including road and rail upgrades.
Other key lawyers:
‘ZRVP is our key partner for our most important disputes and issues concerning public procurement and which are not handled by us internally. ZRVP has a proved record of excellent advice, strategy and vision for our business goals, supporting us with constant advice of best quality. Many of our main public procurement projects have been successful also thanks to the outstanding support of ZRVP. ‘
‘The group is committed to contribute proactive proposals, best practice examples, and recommendations in line with EU policies and global trends in order to support the modernization of legislation, the increase of EU funds absorption and a level playing field for the business environment. ZRVP is providing an invaluable and active support on all legislative projects and matters, all recommendations being anchored in the reality of business and economic life, which only comes with long-standing experience, sound knowledge of law and strong connections to the local business communities. They have strong interdisciplinary expertise.’
‘Monica Strimbei is a talented lawyer, with a sharp mind and an outstanding focus on details and practical points which often make the difference in our cases. With the excellent and talented team led by Monica, we are sure to have the best chances to succeed in our public procurement projects.’
‘Elena Iacob is an outstanding expert with excellent economic understanding. Her to-the-point advice and suggestions for the modernization and harmonization of national law, as well as her tireless input on all projects in the public procurement and PPP area are invaluable to us.’
INSTITUTUL CLINIC FUNDENI
MARAMURES COUNTY COUNCIL
VRANCEA COUNTY COUNCIL
WATER COMPANY ORADEA
TUD CONSULT/DISTRICT 6 BUCHAREST
NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR PROGNOSIS
- Advised a local government entity on public procurement procedures to award contracts for upgrades to apartment blocks in Bucharest.
- Advised the construction group Aktor in relation to a major railway renovations project.
- Successfully represented a major IT hardware company in litigation concerning tender documentation that included artificial conditions.
Beatrice Onica- Jarka & Asociații
Beatrice Onica- Jarka & Asociații advises on an even mix of contentious and non-contentious procurement and PPP-related issues. The firm has a solid track record representing clients in negotiating procurement agreements with local and central authorities, including major IT and road infrastructure projects. The team's abilities also extend to contentious proceedings and challenges, including the enforcement of contracts. Practice head Beatrice Onica Jarka is highly experienced.
IMPRESA PIZZAROTTI C & S.P.A.
PORT BAZINUL NOU S.A.
METALTRADE INTERNATIONAL S.R.L.
HIDROTEHNICA ROMCONSTRUCT S.A.
GETICA OOH S.R.L.
INTEGRISOFT SOLUTIONS SRL
- Assisted Port Bazinul Nou S.A. in a €80m project with complex issues of public procurement and PPP.
- Assisted Integrisoft Solutions SRL in multiple software service-related procurement projects agreed with local government.
- Assisted Getica OOH in several multiple outdoor services procurement awards agreed with local authorities.
bpv Grigorescu Stefanica has a good track record for representing clients on public bidding procedures, as well as on subsequent challenges, both against and in the defence of awards. Clients come from across a variety of sectors including IT and healthcare, and the firm was recently involved in several high profile vehicle procurement procedures. Founding partner Anca Albulescu is especially strong on the infrastructure side, while Daniel Stefanica is the main contact for related disputes.
Anca Albulescu; Daniel Stefanica
GFR – Grup Feroviar Roman
HABAU PPS Pipeline Systems
Iveco Defence Vehicles
- Assisted GFR – Grup Feroviar Roman in relation to a public procurement procedure for the award of a framework agreement for the railway transportation of coal.
- Advised Iveco Defence Vehicles on its successful bid for the Ministry of Defence’s contract for the acquisition of wheeled vehicles, and in fighting off subsequent challenges to the award by competitors.
- Assisting Briaris IND in a challenge against the award for the acquisition of new buses in Tirgu Mures.
CMS is recommended for its impressive track record in the oil and gas and renewables sector. The firm regularly represents clients on major concession agreements and infrastructure projects, offering cross-departmental support on regulatory, corporate, litigation and construction issues. The firm's regional network and cross-border expertise is another major plus. Former managing partner and disputes head Gabriel Sidere has left, but energy and projects head Varinia Radu remains a key contact.
Solarpro Holding AD
Romanian Government, Minister of Energy
Mazarine Energy Romania
Gas Plus Dacia
SC PEWETE EVO EUROPE SRL
Romanian Petroleum Exploration and Production Association (ROPEPCA)
Fora Oil and Gas and Alpha Oil and Gas (part of Pico Petroleum/Cheiron Group Egypt)
ADX Energy (Australia)
Expro North Sea
Newpark Drilling Fluids Eastern Europe
- Worked on a study commissioned by the Ministry of Energy to a consortium, formed by economic consultant NERA/Marsh and CMS, to analyse the feasibility and propose a new incentive scheme for investments in low carbon technologies.
- Assisting SC Pewete Evo Europe SRL in relation to bid preparation on a public procurement process for an oilfield services contract with Romania’s largest oil and gas company.
- Advising Fora Oil and Gas and Alpha Oil and Gas on concessions negotiations with government stakeholders.
DLA Piper Dinu SCA draws from a wide range of available expertise, helping serve clients on every phase of the procurement journey. The firm was recently active on several significant defence contract tenders, though its experience extends to most sectors, including health, maritime, environment, energy and education. The firm's broader international network makes it an attractive option for cross-border matters. Partner Livia Zamfiropol is experienced in related corporate matters, regulatory and administrative proceedings. Counsel Paula Corban-Pelin is another key contact in the practice.
Livia Zamfiropol; Paula Corban-Pelin
‘Good customer care.’
- Advised an international dredging company in connection with a new tender organized by Water Administration Dobrogea Litoral for the procurement of the works for the protection of Romania’s Black Sea Coast.
- Advised a global publisher on a tender organized in Romania for the procurement of e-book and scientific journals for several universities.
- Advised a major Israeli aerospace and aviation manufacturer on two tenders organized by the General Inspectorate of Border Police for the procurement of surveillance optoelectronic systems for SCOMAR modernisation and the maintenance of maritime surveillance systems.
Filip & Company's strong presence in key sectors such as energy ensures it regularly advises public procurement-related issues. This includes tender bids, infrastructure projects and public challenges to awards. The firm took a step towards a more specialised approach to public procurement and PPP through the recruitment of Oana Voda from Schoenherr si Asociatii SCA. She adds further gravitas to a team that includes infrastructure expert Ioana Roman and highly rated corporate and projects partner Alina Stancu Birsan.
Alina Stancu Birsan; Ioana Roman
‘Filip & Company understands the client’s needs and they always anticipate the next step. They are very transparent and they are always willing to innovate using technology.’
‘Adrian Cristea was a key member of the team I worked with. He has an outstanding capacity to understand the client’s needs. He proposed valuable solutions in the context of a settlement deal. He has knowledge in this area and this was particularly important in our complex case.’
RCS & RDS
Retim Ecologic Service
Societatea Nationala Nuclearelectrica S.A.
Comtel Focus S.A.
- Assisting RCS & RDS in relation to its challenge of the existing monopoly of the power distribution companies controlled by Enel and Electrica.
- Assisting WPD Romania in relation to regulatory matters concerning bilateral contracts for the sale of electricity.
- Defending Comtel Focus against a highly publicized expropriation procedure covering several of its land plots on which the client runs a hotel.
Kinstellar has good experience of advising international investors and sponsors on their Romanian projects. The team has a noteworthy track record in conventional and renewable power projects and transport infrastructure concessions and developments. Other areas of experience include technology and healthcare. Clients receive support from start to finish, including contentious assistance in challenges and disputes. Iustinian Captariu and Remus Codreanu are the primary contacts.
Iustinian Captariu; Remus Codreanu
China Communications Construction Company Limited
- Advising a consortium of international companies including China Communications Construction Company on the €1bn PPP project for the Târgu Neamț–Iași motorway.
- Advising a consortium of international companies including China Communications Construction Company on the Metrorex tender for the €265m new metro line project.
- Regularly advising Siemens on various public procurement tenders in which Siemens participates either as bidder or as subcontractor and/or third supporting party.
Popescu & Asociatii is a relatively new firm, formed in 2019, but the experience of its partners make it a popular choice with public and private sector clients. Loredana Popescu and Dana Bivol bring an impressive mix of contentious and non-contentious expertise to the table, with experience of major procurement processes as well as contentious work. Recently the firm was involved on several significant healthcare, IT and energy projects.
Loredana Popescu; Dana Bivol
A GROUP OF PRIVATE INVESTORS
MEGA IMAGE/AHOLD-DELHAIZE GROUP
- Representing Academia Romana, a national cultural and scientific organisation, on the Carol Davila – University Medical City PPP.
- Advising a group of international private investors on the Centenary Project developed by Bucharest’s 5th District Municipality on its vacant Antiaeriana site.
- Advising Octapharma AG on a complex PPP project concerning the construction and operation of a national bank of blood, human plasma and stem cells.
Reff & Associates SCA has solid expertise advising public and private sector clients on concession agreements and development projects. Administrative and legislative advice is a key area for the practice, which is led by Georgiana Singurel. The practice also has a strong contentious element, regularly representing clients on court challenges. Transport, energy, and IT projects all feature prominently on the agenda, as do projects requiring EU funding, as demonstrated by the firm's links to several high-profile multilateral lenders.
Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration
The World Bank Group
Politehnica University of Bucharest
Sibiu International Airport
European Investment Bank – JASPERS
SN Nuclearelectrica SA, state-owned company – nuclear plant power generation
Maspex Romania SRL
Structural Reform Support Service (SRSS) of the European Commission
Real Estate Development Investment Fund
Caterpillar Financial Services Poland S.P. Z.o.o. – Sucursala Romania
Veolia Energie Prahova SRL, Prahova County Council, Ploiesti City Hall
- Assisting the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration with legislative improvements, as well as improvement of procedures and mechanisms involving the legal framework for construction projects.
- Assisting the World Bank Group with an assessment of the regulatory framework for the development of public land by Romanian municipalities.
- Assisting Politehnica University of Bucharest on a €25m financing agreement with the European Investment Bank.
Suciu Popa has a multi-disciplinary team that is well equipped to handle major PPP and public procurement mandates. The firm is especially strong on energy-related projects and concession agreements, and also has good expertise on major road projects. Managing partners Miruna Suciu and Luminița Popa are both active in this area, with Popa having a strong focus on related contentious proceedings. Cleopatra Leahu is also well-regarded by clients.
Miruna Suciu; Luminița Popa; Cleopatra Leahu
‘I appreciate very much their communication skills. Because they asses in an objective way any situation and present in a way that any person of team can understand.’
‘I worked mostly with Cleopatra Leahu. I appreciate her objective assessment and communication skills. Her way to speak and present a situation in a way that helps to make good and faster decisions. I believe she can do anything with the same high level of quality.’
SNGN Romgaz SA
Rompetrol Rafinare SA
E-Distributie Muntenia, E-Distributie Banat and E-Distributie Dobrogea
Delta Block International GmbH
Hunt Oil Company of Romania
PORTO CARRAS S.A.
Grampet/ Grup Servicii Feroviare
- Advising StrabagAG in relation to the projects concerning the €35m plus rehabilitation of two major Romanian national roads.
- Advising state-owned gas producer SNGN Romgaz SA in connection with the planned acquisition of a participating interest in Neptune Deep offshore block from ExxonMobil.
- Advising KazMunayGas/Rompetrol Group on the implementation of over $200m worth of investment projects, following the successful structuring and creation of the Kazakh-Romanian Investment Fund.