Shipping in Philippines
Specialising in maritime law, Del Rosario & Del Rosario is best known for acting for multinational clients in disputes relating to oil pollution, damaged cargo, salvage and vessel arrest. The group also has an extensive labour practice which is active in a full range of disputes involving Filipino seafarers; in 2019 Florencio Aquino led a team in assisting MV Front Alter with potential claims following an attack on a vessel in the Gulf of Oman. Experienced partners Arturo Del Rosario, Ruben Del Rosario and Joseph Rebano all advise a variety of noteworthy clients, including shipping companies, insurers and P&I clubs.
JPIA & Tokio Marine
Colombia Ship management
- Advised CEMEX on an environmental claim following a landslide resulting in multiple deaths and injuries.
- Advised MV Front Alter on seafarer claims and benefits following an attack on a vessel at Gulf of Oman.
- Advised JPIA on the alleged illegal ship-to-ship transfer of cargo resulting in the forfeiture of two vessels plus cargo.
One of the largest firms in the Philippines, SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan has 'a formidable team with superb experience' in investigating cases of maritime casualty, including collisions, salvage and total loss. Making use of its first-rate corporate expertise, the firm advises on the establishment of international shipping companies, financing and shipping mortgages. The group also has a strong disputes practice and handles cargo claims, maritime fraud and ship arrests; Russel Rodriguez is the key practitioner in this area. Rocky Alejandro Reyes leads the special projects team.
7107 Islands Shipping Corporation
All Seas Marine SA
Berwin and Leighton Paisner LLP
Delta Meco Crewing Services, Inc.
El Victor Limited Ship and Crew Managers
Hanjin Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Inc.
Harbor Star Shipping Services, Inc.
Keppel Subic Shipyard, Inc.
Tsuneshi Shipyards, Inc.
- Advised Clyde & Co on the relevant laws, rules and regulations related to ship-to-ship operations that transpire within the outside port limits of the port of Subic.
- Assisted BNP Paribas with the registration of ship mortgages in the Philippines and rendered advice on the enforceability of security arrangements and Philippine de-registration procedures of dual-flagged vessels used as security in relation to a financing transaction.
- Assisted Regal Ware, Inc. with facilitating the release of its two containerised shipments.
The highly regarded shipping department at VeraLaw (Del Rosario Raboca Gonzales Grasparil) advises P&I Clubs, marine insurers, port operators, shipowners and charterers on matters including salvage, arrest and release of ships, stevedoring, and crew and shore labour disputes. Valeriano Del Rosario and Daphne Ruby Grasparil are the key members of the team.
Ortega Bacorro Odulio Calma & Carbonell's admiralty and maritime department acts for clients before courts and administrative or governmental agencies in matters relating to collision, vessel arrest, smuggling and pollution. Pedro Carbonell is a litigation specialist and is well regarded for his work in cargo and crew claims. Founding partner Benjamin Bacorro remains a key practitioner; his practice also extends to intellectual property matters.
P & I Clubs based in UK and Asia
Eastern Mediterranean Manning Agency
Grace Marine Shipping Agencies
C-Man Maritime, Inc.
TCM Tsakos Maritime Philippines, Inc.
Fil-Star Maritime Corporation
88 Aces Maritime Services, Inc.
SITC Container Lines Phils, Inc
Orient Overseas Container Line
COSCO Shipping Lines
Benline Agencies Phils., Inc.
Philhua Shipping, Inc.
Wallem Philippines Shipping, Inc.
One Stop Logistics Solutions
Lorenzo Shipping Corp.
Fil-Pride Shipping, Inc.
Malayan Towage & Salvage Corporation
- Assisted Sekur Manning Agency in the repatriation of 22 seamen from the vessel Golden Sparrow; the crew were stranded in Barcelona, Spain.
- Represented Malayan Towage and Salvage Corporation in a PHP25M cargo loss suit filed by a local insurance company.
- Defended Philhua Shipping Company in a $1m case filed by a consignee for a total loss of a cargo.