‘Best in the field’ Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International houses a ‘very strong' projects team 'with extensive knowledge and very good communication’ skills. It is well placed to handle the full life cycle of projects, drawing on ancillary support from its environmental, employment, tax, corporate, public law, litigation, and banking and finance experts. The group is jointly led by Juan Carlos de los Heros Echecopar and Juan Carlos Morón and acts for large multinational companies on local and cross-border infrastructure transactions, leaning on its international network for support. Los Heros, who is well known for his project finance expertise, has handled a number of public-private partnership (PPP) projects in the energy sector, while Morón focuses on administrative law and public procurement. Maria Del Carmen Tovar specialises in concessions and public works regulatory matters, and also advises on domestic and international arbitrations. Other noteworthy individuals include Inés Vázquez, a key contact for privatisations and concessions, and Zita Aguilera. At the associate level, key practitioners include Angela Raygada and Diana Collazos, the latter of whom is experienced in a range of large-scale infrastructure projects.
Projects and infrastructure in Peru
Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International
Juan Carlos de los Heros; Juan Carlos Morón
‘The team is very strong, they have extensive knowledge and their communication is very good.’
‘I consider that the projects team is the best in the field, superior to other firms.’
‘Zita Aguilera is an excellent lawyer, with extensive experience in contracts with the state and other entities.’
‘What makes them stand out, beyond their great professionalism, is their involvement with the project and the client.’
‘They differ from some of their competitors in their work rigour, unconditional dedication to the project, transparency and sincerity.-
‘In my opinion, what makes this practice unique is the argumentative solvency with which all cases are analysed’.
‘The team is widely experienced and this adds a lot of value when making decisions.’
‘What I highlight the most is the global vision of the partners.’
Citibank del Peru and Citibank
Sociedad Concesionaria Metro de Lima Línea 2
Cassa Depositi e Prestiti
Consorcio PMC Talara
Credicorp Capital Servicios Financieros; Banco de Crédito del Perú
HSBC Securities (USA), J.P. Morgan Securities and Santander Investment Securities
Consorcio Perú Health
Consorcio Suyay II
Engie Services Perú
Callao Salud y Villa María del Triunfo Salud (IBT Group)
Ferrocarril Trasandino Fetransa
Consorcio Concesión Chancay Acos
Coazucar Azucarera del Perú
Aeropuertos del Perú
Consortium Vial Ambo (Constructora Santa Fe Sucursal del Perú, Grino Sucursal del Perú and JE Construcciones Generales)
- Advised Citibank del Peru and Citibank as the Project Trustee in a $811m off-balance sheet Export Credit Agency backed-financing granted to Metro de Lima Linea 2, backed by Peruvian government payments (RPI-CAOs) under the Lima Metro Line 2 Project.
- Advising Sociedad Concesionaria Metro de Lima Línea 2 on the different aspects of the contractual execution of the project, such as the formulation of Definitive Engineering Studies, execution of works, start of operation and the relationship with the Grantor and Regulator and other entities of the Peruvian State.
- Advising Consorcio PMC Talara (CPT) on the contractual execution of its Project Management Consultancy (PMC) Agreement with Petroperú (Public Entity) for the Modernisation of the Talara Refinery Project.
The projects and infrastructure team at Garrigues handles a range of high-profile projects in the transport, oil and gas, telecoms and energy sectors, among others. A leading force in the project finance space, where it acts for both lenders and sponsors, the group also offers support in the context of PPPs, private tenders, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts, operation and maintenance (O&M) agreements and permitting. Department head Oscar Arrús possesses over 30 years of experience acting for sponsors, government agencies, and financiers, with a focus on road, rail and sanitation projects. Thomas Thorndike and Diego Harman are names to note for project finance work, with Thorndike bringing experience in the energy, health, transport and port segments. Sergio Amiel and José Francisco Meier are also active in the practice, while of counsel Victor Baca is recommended for regulation and public law; principal associate Johanna Holz is routinely instructed by public and private clients in financing, regulatory and contractual mandates.
Metro de Lima Línea 2
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Banco de Crédito del Perú
Andean Telecom Partners
Inter-American Investment Corporation
Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
Concesionaria Desaladora del Sur (CODESUR)
BNP PARIBAS (BNPP)
- Advised Metro de Lima Línea 2 as the sponsor in a $811m off-balance sheet financing from Cassa Depositi e Prestiti, KfW, Société Générale, Banco Santander, and Instituto de Crédito Oficial – ICO guaranteed by the Italian export credit Agency SACE.
- Advised SMBC, Banco de Crédito del Perú, Banco Santander, Itaú Corpbanca, Inter-American Investment Corporation, Credit Agricole, and ING Bank on the EPC and credit document negotiations related to the replacement of the EPC Contractor for the Red Vial No. 4 expansion project (operated by Autopista del Norte).
- Acted for BNPP, as lead arranger, lender book runner, and administrative agent, and The Bank of Nova Scotia, as lender, in a $200m revolving term credit facility granted to Fortuna Silver Mines for the financing and development of its global mining projects, including the Caylloma mine in Peru.
Miranda & Amado
Miranda & Amado’s projects team is active in a range of areas, with a special focus on the energy, mining and infrastructure segments. The multidisciplinary practice draws on strength from finance, tax, regulatory, environment, real estate and dispute resolution practitioners to provide a holistic service to clients. Luis Marcelo De-Bernardis, who possesses over 25 years’ experience in project finance and development work, jointly manages the group with mining, and oil and gas specialist Alberto Delgado. Finance expert José Miguel Puiggros stands out for his impressive track record in project-related capital markets transactions, while Isabel Lira marries wide-ranging expertise in infrastructure projects, concessions and PPPs with in-depth knowledge of antitrust law. At the associate level, Andrés Arbe is a name to note for licensing and permitting matters, Cynthia Rebaza focuses on the mining sector, Alberto Ventura handles environmental issues, and César Ramírez deals with regulatory matters and administrative law. Since publication, Venutra has been raised to the partnership - effective as of January 2023.
Luis Marcelo De-Bernardis; Alberto Delgado V.
Petróleos del Perú – Petroperú
Minera Chinalco Peru
Quanta Services Perú
Transportadora de Gas del Perú
Autopista del Norte
- Advising PETROPERÚ on the development of a project for the modernisation and expansion of the Talara crude oil refinery.
- Advising Minera Chinalco Peru (subsidiary of Chinalco) on various aspects related to the operation of the Toromocho Mining Unit (and its expansion). mining projects in Peru.
- Providing ENGIE with comprehensive advice on regulatory and contractual matters, litigation, administrative procedures, and permitting, among other things, in connection with the client’s projects in Peru.
Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano – Abogados
An impressive roster of lenders, export-credit agencies, debtors, financial advisors and contractors turn to Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano – Abogados for advice on the full gamut of projects work. The firm, which is well known in the market for advising on headline projects, is singled out for its project financing capabilities, and leverages expertise from its strong mining, financing and energy teams to assist on complex, and high-stakes deals. The team is under the joint leadership of Luis Carlos Rodrigo Prado and Jean Paul Chabaneix, the latter of whom is recommended for transactions in the electricity, mining, oil and gas, construction, telecoms and transport sectors. Also focused on transactional mandates, Fernando Molina regularly advises on M&A and the financing of infrastructure and power projects, while Juan Diego De Vinatea is noted for his experience in project finance transactions in the energy sector. Regulatory matters are a key area of focus for Verónica Sattler. Recently promoted partner Diana Briones is another name to note for regulatory issues and concession agreements. Alejandro Manayalle , who focuses on public transport infrastructure, and Nicolás Cornejo are also part of the core team. However, senior associate Álvaro Klauer moved to Cuatrecasas in March 2022.
Luis Carlos Rodrigo; Jean Paul Chabaneix
Lima Airport Partners
DNB Bank ASA
Corporación Andina de Fomento (CAF)
Inter-American Development Bank
APM Terminals Callao
Aeropuertos Andinos del Perú
- Advised the lenders on a $150m revolving construction loan granted to Metro de Lima Linea 2.
- Assisted a syndicated group of banks acting as lenders under a $400m senior secured financing to be provided to DP World Callao, concessionaire of the south port terminal of Callao in Perú.
- Acted as local counsel to DNB Bank ASA and Celeo Redes in the $30m and €4.2m financing granted to Puerto Maldonado Transmisora de Energía and its shareholder Spanish Celeo Redes.
DLA Piper Perú
Under the leadership of Carlos Nuñez, the projects and infrastructure team at DLA Piper Perú offers international expertise and a multidisciplinary approach to clients engaged in all stages of project development. Financing matters are a core area of focus for the team, alongside dispute resolution, PPPs, licensing and construction matters. Practice head Núñez – the sole partner in the practice – has a wealth of experience in the structuring and execution of public and private infrastructure projects, and acts as the Chair of the Peruvian Society of Construction Law. He is supported by a strong team of seven associates, which includes principal associate Víctor Velásquez, a name to note for contracts work and arbitrations involving infrastructure projects, and senior associate Reyna Silva-Santiesteban, who handles contractual, corporate, financing and administrative matters.
‘We mainly value the firm’s experience in infrastructure works contracts related to the mining industry.’
‘Good experience in construction contracts.’
‘It is a firm that is close to the client.’
Muna construction consortium
Concesionaria IIRSA norte
Concesionaria IIRSA sur t-2 y t-3
Aguaytia Energy del Perú
Convial Sierra Norte
- Acting as the main advisor of the EPC Contractor whose members are the same holders of the “Metro de Lima Línea 2” the Concessionaire SPV.
- Advising Concesionaria IIRSA Norte (member of the Odebrecht business conglomerate) that oversees the operation and maintenance of 1047 km of the IIRSA (Initiative for the Integration of South American Regional Infrastructure) highway in the north of Peru.
- Advising Concesionaria Interoceanica Tramo 2 and (2) Concesionaria Interoceanica SUR TRAMO 3 (members of the Odebrecht business conglomerate) in charge of the operation and maintenance of 246.4 km of the IIRSA and 404 km of the IIRSA interoceanic highway in the south of Peru, respectively.
Hernández & Cía
Drawing on expertise from its financial, tax, regulatory, construction, permitting and land expropriation experts, Hernández & Cía is well positioned to assist in all stages of project development across a range of sectors, including transport, telecoms, hospitals, railways, water and sanitation, and mining. José Manuel Abastos co-heads the team and offers a wealth of expertise in contractual and regulatory matters, and the development and financing of PPPs. Fellow co-leader Brendan Oviedo is recommended for domestic and international energy and infrastructure transactions, while senior associate Evelyn Lopez has notable experience in arbitrations involving regulatory issues. The team was recently bolstered at the senior associate level by the arrival of Tely Porcel and Natalia Gallardo who joined from EY Law and Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano – Abogados, respectively. Gracy Zapata left for an in-house role at Línea Amarilla in June 2021.
José Manuel Abastos; Brendan Oviedo
‘José Manuel Abastos is a top tier lawyer. He is very responsive and business oriented’.
International Finance Corporation – IFC
Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
ACS Servicios, Comunicaciones y Energía
Inter-American Investment Corporation
Private Investment Promotion Agency PROINVERSION)
Gobierno Regional de Arequipa
Concesionaria Linea de Transmision La Niña
Petroleos del Peru
Arthur D. Little
- Advising International Finance Corporation on financial services provided to the Private Investment Promotion Agency (PROINVERSION) as the lead advisor to prepare the bidding process and documents for a PPP for the design, construction and operation of the Headworks and Conduction of Drinking Water Supply in Lima.
- Advised ACS Servicios, Comunicaciones y Energía to identify, assess and describe the third-party consents, permits and authorisations required to carry out Project Papyrus.
- Advising Concesionaria Línea de Transmisión La Niña on obtaining the required permits, licenses and authorisations for the construction of the 500 kV La Niña – Piura, 220kV Pariñas – Nueva Tumbes and 220kV Tingo María – Aguaytía transmission lines projects and associated substations before the Ministry of Energy and Mines, COES and OSINERGMIN.
Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Pérez Abogados
Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Pérez Abogados is a go-to destination for private, domestic and foreign corporations from a range of sectors engaged in the development and financing of infrastructure and energy projects, including highways, ports, airports, pipelines, power plants, electrical transmission lines and wastewater treatment plants. On the project design front, the team advises on the contractual, tax, and regulatory aspects, while also offering expertise in construction, corporate and environmental issues. The group is managed by corporate and financing practitioner Juan Antonio Egüez, regulatory and administrative partner Gerardo Soto, and Giovanna García, who handles local and cross-border finance transactions. Counsel Karen Ángeles is a name to note for public and administrative law, the latter of which is also an area of particular focus for principal associate Michelle Aramburú.
Juan Antonio Egüez; Gerardo Soto; Giovanna García
‘The level of involvement of the firm is very good.’
‘The level of analysis of the different options in decision-making is excellent.’
Cosco Shipping Ports Chancay Perú
América Móvil Perú
Banco de Crédito del Perú
Banco BBVA Perú and Minera Boroo Misquichilca
Compañía Minera Poderosa
Unión de Cervecerías Peruanas Backus y Johnston
APM Terminals Callao
Terminal Portuario Paracas
- Providing corporate and regulatory advice to Terminales Portuarios Chancay on the development of a port infrastructure project.
- Advising FCC Aqualia on its participation in the public tender to grant private investors concession of the project “Improvement of the Sewerage System and Sewage Treatment of the City of Puerto Maldonado, District of Tambopata, Province of Tambopata, Department of Madre de Dios” called by the Private Investment Promotion Agency -Proinversión.
- Assisting Asociación de Bancos del Perú – ASBANC in the management of a series of infrastructure projects developed under the “Works for Taxes” scheme.
Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria
With a strong background in both the public and private sectors, the team at Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria is able to provide a far-reaching view of matters in the projects and infrastructure sectors. It acts for local and foreign developers, operators, banks and multilateral agencies on the financing, design and execution of large-scale projects. Highly-regarded practitioner Ronald Fernández-Dávila, counsel of choice for clients on administrative litigation, and project finance mandates, heads up the practice. He stands out for his wealth of experience in infrastructure projects in the transportation segment, particularly roads, railways, and airports. Key principal associates include Aouda Del Castillo, and Francisco Ibazeta, who is recommended for public procurement, and administrative law.
Ronald Fernandez Davila
Consorcio Natividad de Chinchero
Consorcio Natividad de Chinchero
Interamerican Development Bank
China Civil Engineering and Construction Corporation
Tren Urbano de Lima
Operadora Ecológica del Titicaca
Concesionaria Vial del Perú
Autopista del Norte (AUNOR)
Aeropuertos del Perú
- Acting as counsel to Consorcio Natividad de Chinchero in the execution of the Chinchero International Airport project in Cusco.
- Assisting Interamerican Development Bank with the assessment of concessions in Lima and Arequipa for public transportation by buses, and in the identification of aspects which would require changes in order to allow electric buses to be used in existing concessions or in new ones to be granted.
- Acting as local counsel to China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation – CCECC on the tender process for the awarding of the Huancayo Huancavelica Railway Project.
CAMPOS | Arbitraje e Infraestructura
Clients appreciate the ‘proactivity and empathy’ on offer from construction boutique Campos | Arbitraje e Infraestructura, which is often instructed in high-impact infrastructure projects in Peru. Practice head Alex Campos is considered a ‘great connoisseur’ in this space; his recent work involves advising De Vicente Constructora on the procurement and management of subcontracts sorting damage from “El Niño”, a natural disaster which severely affected northern Peru in the summer of 2017. Senior associates Rodrigo Delgado and Carlos Diez, and associate Rodrigo Parra provide support across the full gamut of projects and infrastructure matters including PPPs, public works programmes between governments (G2G) and traditional public bids.
‘They are exclusive, ingenious and didactic. In such a way that their strategies are key to determining the solution of a dispute.’
‘Alexander Campos is a professional with a lot of experience in the construction field; his experience and analytical skills allow us to see the problems from different scenarios and create alternatives and diverse solutions that can generate a great probability of success.’
‘Extensive knowledge of the sector and clients’ businesses. Knowledge of industry practices. Dynamism for problem-solving.’
‘Proactivity and empathy with the needs of the client.’
‘From quickly reading and understanding the cross-documentation, they develop clear, straightforward and satisfying strategies, which put our company at ease.’
‘They know perfectly the world of arbitration and disputes in the construction space; they advise in a very correct and appropriate way; they are agile in their responses and have knowledge of everything necessary to defend the client immediately. Always good predisposition and attention.’
‘They have in-depth knowledge of the construction sector and its particularities, emergencies, needs, problems… their organisation is very flexible, adapting to the needs of the client and creating teams that integrate easily with the client’s own team. Total availability and great understanding of the client. Experienced professionals.’
‘Alex Campos: Great manager. Great experience, extreme ease of access and treatment, deep, practical and effective understanding of the client’s needs. Great connoisseur of the construction sector and the problems of companies in Peru. Rodrigo Delgado: agile, fast, efficient, precise, flexible. A great ally in the day to day of our construction legal problems.’
Mota Engil Peru
China Railway International Group Sucursal Del Perú
PDCI Peruana de Construcción e Infraestructura
De Vicente Constructora
Makiber Sucursal del Peru
- Advised the Consorcio Puentes De Loreto (Joint venture of Mota Engil Peru, Cosapi and Incot) on the risk management of the construction of the longest cable-stayed bridge in the country connecting the city of Iquitos with the towns of Bellavista and Mazan with the purpose of generating new trade routes with neighbouring countries.
- Acting for Consorcio Sacyr on the development of the project budgets, the payment of the executed works and the negotiations with the Government for the final project design of a highway located in the Ancash region.
- Advising Consorcio PIRKA-BGS on the construction of three new buildings on the Piura campus of the Antenor Orrego Private University.
With a focus on energy and mining-related project development, CMS Grau has experience in both private and public initiatives, from initial interest up to the implementation of concession contracts. Projects in the infrastructure space are another area of activity for the firm, which recently assisted COPASA in the public tender process for the concession of the “Huancayo-Huancavelica Railroad” project. Specialist partner Giancarlo Villafranqui jointly heads up the team with Michelle Barclay, whose broad working scope includes bidding and investment negotiations often related to government assets. Augusto Astorga is another key contact, particularly for supply agreements and concessionaires of transport and distribution of natural gas through pipelines.
S.A. de Obras y Servicios, COPASA
Ghesa Ingeniería y Tecnología
Tullow Oil PLC / Tullow Peru Limited, Sucursal del Perú
BP Exploration Operating Company Limited
Petróleos del Perú – Petroperu
Autopista del Norte
Concesionaria de Proyectos de Infraestructura
Inversiones San José
Navarro Sologuren Paredes Gray
At engineering and construction boutique Navarro Sologuren Paredes Gray, the team is well versed in all stages of the construction process. Infrastructure and municipal projects are core areas of focus for the practice overseen by the three founding partners Enrique Navarro Sologuren, Jaime Gray and Gustavo Paredes, all of whom have a wealth of experience in this space. They rely on a sizeable team of partners, including arbitrator Guillermo Zavalaga, administrative law specialist Elisa Figueroa and disputes resolution expert Katherine Waidhofer, and strong talent at the associate level. Senior associate Carlos Tapia stands out for his leading role on mandates involving PPPs and works-for-taxes issues.
Other key lawyers:
Guillermo Zavalaga; Elisa Figueroa; Katherine Waidhofer; Carlos Tapia
Corporate outfit Santiváñez Abogados provides 'impeccable' support in the entire scope of projects mandates, including new developments and associated regulatory issues in the energy and natural resources sectors. Practice co-heads include Roberto Santivañez, who advises various companies and adjudicating entities on bids for electricity infrastructure; Fidel Rocha, who focuses more on infrastructure compliance; and Paul Súmar, the lead advisor to ProInversión – the State’s private investment promotion agency and a longstanding client of the firm. The impressive client roster is further populated by government entities, such as the Ministerio de Energía y Minas, and providers, like Electro Perú and Electrocentro. At the associate level, Abel Venero is singled out for his knowledge of regulatory issues and transactions in the power segment, while Luigi Rossini is devoted to the oil and gas sector.
‘I have carried out many generation and transmission Greenfield projects with them and the support service has been impeccable.’
Ministerio de Energía y Minas
Electro Sur Este – ELSE
Empresa de Administración de Infraestructura Eléctrica – ADINELSA
Electro Norte – ENSA
Electro Nor Oeste – ENOSA
Consorcio Energético de Huancavelica– CONENHUA
Tarucani Generating Company – TARUCANI
Concesionaria Hidroléctrica Sur Medio – CONHIDRO
Empresa de Generación Eléctrica del Sur – EGESUR
- Carrying out several public tenders on behalf of Electro Oriente, a state-owned company in charge of power generation and distribution in the Loreto Region, to select a renewable energy company to be in charge of building a solar power plant and supply solar energy to the towns of San Lorenzo, Nauta, Requena, Caballococha, Contamana, Lagunas, Tamshiyacu, El Estrecho and the city of Iquitos.
- Advising Anglo American Quellaveco on the organisation and conduction of a bidding process to award a BOOT contract for the 220 kV line.
- Advised Proinversión on all stages of the project for the 500 kV Huanuco-Tocache-Celendin-Trujillo transmission line, extensions and associated substations, and 500 kV Celendin-Piura transmission line, extensions and associated substations.
Rebaza, Alcázar & De Las Casas
Rebaza, Alcázar & De Las Casas benefits from ‘high levels of expertise, experience and relationships‘ in the transport, mining, energy and sanitation sectors. Practice head Luis Miguel Elías ‘leads the projects area with great skill, rigour and naturalness’, having recently helped oversee a modernisation and ensuing implementation of the Peruvian best practice guide for PPP schemes. Typical mandates also include regulatory and compliance advice for ports and construction companies, an area in which senior associate Ana Maria Sanchez and associate Alejandra Galvez are further names to note.
‘The team is usually able to hypothesise and with this it helps companies to anticipate potential risks.’
‘Luis Miguel Elías is constantly involved in enquiries and follow-ups, managing to give clear messages to clients.’
‘The study team is made up of local and foreign professionals with high levels of expertise, experience and relationships. The lawyers are aware of the client’s needs at all times and the service improves continuously.’
‘Luis Miguel Elías is the partner who leads the projects area with great skill, riguor and naturalness, generating a collaborative relationship with the client and a service approach with continuous improvement, adapting quickly to changes.’
Arnold & Porter and Republic of Peru
Nexa Resources Perú
International Finance Corporation – IFC
Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners
Entel and Entel Perú
Glencore International, Glencore Perú and Empresa Minera Los Quenuales
Hogan Lovells UK and Private Investment Promotion Agency of Peru – Proinversion
Corporación Monte Azul and Monte Azul Sur
Moffatt & Nichol
- Partner Luis Miguel Elías was selected as independent expert in administrative law for the Republic of Peru in the claim brought by IBT Group against said country before the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), with a seat in Washington DC.
- Advising BBVA and other lenders on the €320m project financing granted to Nabiax.
- Advising Private Investment Promotion Agency of Peru – Proinversion on the new template agreement for PPPs for future projects in Peru and its contractual guide.
Rubio Leguía Normand
Rubio Leguía Normand has ‘a very proactive’ projects team which is adept at assisting with both the tender process and financing phases. Practice co-heads include PPP and concessions expert Milagros Maraví, banking and finance specialist Carlos Arata, and Daniela García Belaunde, who focuses on the energy and natural resources sector. The firm continues to advise Citybike Miraflores on its implementation of a public bicycle scheme in Lima’s San Isidro and Miraflores districts, with other recent work involving various Peruvian electrical and transport infrastructure developments. Principal associate Milagros Mendoza possesses significant experience in project development, PPPs and public procurement.
‘A very proactive team willing to collaborate, and always looking for the best alternatives for the client.’
‘Personal and friendly treatment, and always willing to help us in everything necessary.’
Citybike San Isidro
- Advising Citybike Miraflores on the implementation of a public bicycle scheme in Lima’s San Isidro and Miraflores districts.
- Acted as legal advisor to Terna Plus in the public tender called by PROINVERSIÓN for the design, construction, operation and maintenance activities of the Puerto Maldonado – Iberia 138 kV Transmission Line and Valle del Chira 220/60/22.9 Substation projects.
- Advises Terna Peru on regulatory matters related to the development of the Aguaytia – Pucallpa 138kV Transmission Line and fulfilment of its obligations under the concession contract.
Boutique outfit Vidal Abogados boast significant experience in new urban development and is a strong choice for clients seeking advice on investment projects in an array of sectors, including water and sanitation, health and environment. PPPs and public utility regulation specialist Julio Vidal Villanueva heads the team alongside Evelyn Román Carrasco, whose areas of expertise cover infrastructure concessions and public services. Notable recent work has involved overseeing the evaluation, structuring and transactional elements of the new cable car initiative for the Municipality of Miraflores, which will help connect Lima’s Costa Verde coastline.
Municipality of Miraflores
Parque del Recuerdo (Asociacion Civil San Juan Bautista)
Municipality of San Jerónimo
Ministry of Housing, Construction and Sanitation
- Advising the Municipality of Miraflores on the “Vaiven Miraflores” project, which contemplates the construction of a cable car system.
- Preparing the “White Paper on the provision of sanitation services in Peru (2022-2026)” for Ministry of Housing, Construction and Sanitation.
- Assisting Parque del Recuerdo in the signing of a contract with the public water and sanitation company of Lima SEDAPAL for the reuse of treated residual water for the irrigation of the green areas of the Zonal Park San Pedro de Ancón and the Camposanto Parque del Recuerdo Ancón.