Investment funds in Luxembourg
Allen & Overy Luxembourg
Allen & Overy Luxembourg handles fund structuring and establishment matters, in addition to ongoing regulatory and compliance work, for the full range of fund types, particularly within the alternative space. Aided by its huge network of offices, the firm has successfully tapped into active markets across Latin America, the US and China; notably the Luxembourg office advised Chile-based asset manager BCI Asset Management on the launch of its UCITS fund platform in Luxembourg. Recently promoted partner Yannick Arbaut led on the aforementioned deal and alongside Pierre Schleimer is also very active handling German-related funds matters, which account for a large proportion of the firm's workload. Jean-Christian Six has vast experience advising on the structuring of regulated and non-regulated funds, and also advises institutional investor clients on their investor due diligence. The firm is also regularly involved in fund-related M&A activity.
Pierre Schleimer; Jean-Christian Six; Yannick Arbaut
European Investment Fund
European Investment Bank (EIB)
Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management
- Advised EIB on its investments in several Luxembourg-based investment funds targeting investments across private equity, infrastructure and agriculture assets.
- Advised Primonial on the launch of its Primonial European Residential Fund, a Luxembourg RAIF investing in pan-European residential assets.
- Assisted M.M. Warburg & Co with the sale of its asset management and servicing business in Luxembourg to Apex Group.
Benefiting from a 'good depth of knowledge in respect of funds, tax, regulatory and compliance', Arendt & Medernach does an 'excellent job of applying legal concepts to operational issues' across the gamut of unregulated and regulated funds. 'A one-stop-shop for all needs related to Luxembourg funds', the team remains best-known for its prominent UCITS offering, and in this regard Isabelle Lebbe recently acted for a leading bank in the context of a cross-border merger of UCITS funds (from Luxembourg to France). The sheer size of the firm's offering as well as its ability to provide 'extremely commercial and solution-driven advice across the board' ensures that it can handle a tremendously diverse array of work, not just across UCITS matters but also in relation to hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds and Islamic funds. The 'very reliable and well-informed' Gilles Dusemon excels in handling work related to the structuring and operational needs of private equity and real estate funds. Other key names include the 'vastly experienced' Claude Kremer, Florence Stainier and Adrian Aldinger, who 'is a go to source for practical and reliable insights' in relation to alternative investment funds.
‘The team is exceptional in terms of both size and quality.‘
‘The clarity of advice in combination with an embedded and deep industry knowledge across different practice areas makes the firm an easy partner to deal with.‘
‘The commercial and solution-oriented Gilles Dusemon provides an excellent client service.‘
‘Stephane Karolczuk, who heads up the firm’s Hong Kong office, was fully aware of the needs of Asian investors and was able to come up with unique solutions for our fund that will meet the demand of such Asian investors.‘
Cohen & Steers
Partners Group AG
Merrill Lynch Investment Solutions
Nordea Investment Funds
- Assisting Goldman Sachs International (GSI), in the context of its partnership with Paris-headquartered asset management group Amundi, as a result of which Amundi will act as the management company and manage GSI’s Luxembourg-domiciled funds.
- Advised Asset Management One Alternative Investments (formerly known as Mizuho GAI), on a fund setup, its first Luxembourg global infrastructure debt fund.
- Assisted Astorg as Luxembourg law counsel with the structuring, setting up and launch of AstorgVII, its second private equity fund based in Luxembourg, by providing legal and tax advice as well as regulatory assistance.
With three partners focused on funds work out of the firm's Luxembourg office and also able to leverage the expertise of practitioners across its vast global network, Clifford Chance has 'in-depth all-round knowledge across a multitude of issues' and excels in handling complex cross-border alternative fund matters. Paul Van den Abeele has a flourishing reputation in the market across the gamut of alternative funds, including real estate, private equity, infrastructure and debt, and is also regularly engaged on the buy-side for institutional and sovereign investors on fund reviews. Kristof Meynaerts' recent promotion to partnership is testament to his growing visibility in the regulated and unregulated alternative asset class space, while the arrival in January 2019 of the very experienced Emmanuel-Frédéric Henrion from Linklaters affords the firm greater bandwidth, particularly in light of Henrion's UCITS focus. Senior associate Alexander Wagner is also recommended. The firm has also been very active advising asset managers on strategic issues related to the fall out from Brexit. Joelle Hauser recently retired.
Emmanuel-Frédéric Henrion; Paul Van den Abeele; Kristof Meynaerts
‘In-depth market knowledge of Luxembourg private equity fund structures and mechanics.‘
CVC Capital Partners
European Investment Fund
Three Hills Capital Partners
Deutsche Bank & DWS
- Advised Nordea Bank on the setting up of a Luxembourg UCITS ETF in the form of an SA.
- Assisted Cording Real Estate Group with the launch of the Cording Euro Industrial Real Estate Fund investing in light-industrial and small logistics assets in the Eurozone.
Benefiting from 'excellent knowledge and valuable connections with legislators and regulators', Elvinger Hoss Prussen is a 'market leader' across the investment funds space, particularly as it pertains to the retail sector. Team head Jacques Elvinger is a 'true gentleman' and a senior statesman of the investment fund industry in Luxembourg, particularly as it relates to UCITS matters. The 'client-oriented and well-connected' Gast Juncker has 'excellent knowledge' of the regulatory framework impacting funds domiciled in Luxembourg and has also been pivotal to the firm's increased presence among Asian asset managers. Jérôme Wigny provides 'high-quality advice' to UCITS and AIFs, particularly in relation to those pursuing alternative strategies. The team was furthermore strengthened with Thibaut Partsch , who joined from Loyens & Loeff in January 2020.
‘The team is extremely reliable and has an in-depth knowledge of the relevant regulatory framework but also of the business environment of its clients.‘
‘Gast Juncker has a perfect knowledge of the applicable law and is able to understand the specific needs of his clients.‘
‘Thomas Göricke is very knowledgeable, client-oriented and responsive.‘
Capital International Management Company S.à r.l.
Jupiter Asset Management Ltd.
Mizuho Trust & Banking (Luxembourg) S.A.
Nomura Securities Co.
SMBC Nikko Investment Fund Management Company
Storebrand Asset Management
Nordic Real Estate Partners AB
Baring Private Equity Asia Limited
JPMorgan Asset Management
Banca IMI S.p.A
- Assisted Capital Group with developing the activities of its management company in Luxembourg and refining/rationalising its Luxembourg fund range.
- Advised Jupiter Group on the creation of its Luxembourg Super Manco.
- Advised on the implementation of the Money Market Fund Regulation for a number of Japanese clients, including Nomura Securities.
Benefiting from 'strong technical knowledge and well plugged in to the lawmaking process', Linklaters' team has excellent credibility among investment banks, asset managers and global custodians on their most sophisticated and innovative transactions, fund set-ups and fund servicing. Jointly headed by the 'very bright, commercial and highly responsive' Silke Bernard and Hermann Beythan, the team has particular strength within the alternative funds space, and as well as benefiting from excellent ties with the Luxembourg regulator, it is also well placed to provide cross-border expertise by virtue of the firm's strong presence in other key fund jurisdictions including in London and Frankfurt.
Silke Bernard; Hermann Beythan
‘This is a team with a commercial approach that (uniquely in Luxembourg at least) straddles investment funds and securitisation.‘
‘Silke Bernard is very responsive and provides a good balance between the commercial and legal.‘
‘Silke Bernard and Hermann Beythan offer excellent availability, knowledge and access to the regulator.‘
‘Silke Bernard provided valuable insights into regulatory considerations.‘
MFS Investment Management
- Advised US-based global asset manager MFS Investment Management on extending the licence of its Luxembourg management company to include discretionary portfolio management services (“MiFID top-up”).
- Advising private equity company Partners Group on the repapering of its full set of distribution agreements for all jurisdictions and fund types as part of its Brexit move from a UK AIFM to a Luxembourg AIFM.
- Advised Payconiq with the acquisition of a Luxembourg payment institution and the development of such entity as the hub for its EU activities.
With two partners based in Luxembourg and also able to call upon the expertise of funds experts across the firm's vast global network, Baker McKenzie provides a 'good balance between local and international advice'. The team has a focus on the structuring, operational and regulatory issues associated with alternative asset classes, including private equity and real estate. Catherine Martougin and Laurent Fessmann are the main contacts.
Laurent Fessmann; Catherine Martougin
‘The firm has in-depth knowledge of local laws and regulations.‘
‘The individuals in the team are completely trustworthy.‘
Invesco Real Estate Management
BNP Paribas Real Estate
Black Toro Capital
Arcano Capital SGIIC, SAUSICAR
Ucap Sicav – SIF
- Advised leading global investment fund, Invesco Real Estate, on the structuring of an open-ended, master-feeder fund under the regime of a SIF and an OPCI in France.
- Advised Berlin-based Catella Residential Investment Management on the set up and launch of its third European Residential Fund for international clients.
- Assisted Ukraine-based private equity firm, Diligent Capital Partners, with the formation of a Luxembourg private equity fund vehicle.
The 'proactive and client-oriented' three-partner team at Bonn & Schmitt handles the structuring and ongoing operational needs of clients across the spectrum of retail and alternative regulated and unregulated funds. The firm is particularly active within the UCITS space, including advice on the creation of sub-funds, and is also well-versed at structuring SICAR vehicles. Recently promoted partner Amélie Thevenart 'has a deep knowledge of the fund industry in Luxembourg, Italy and across Europe'.
Alex Schmitt; Corinne Philippe; Amélie Thevenart
‘The firm understands the clients’ needs and provides tailored solutions to their requests.‘
‘Amélie Thevenart is always available and well organised; she is very pragmatic and goal-oriented without being shallow.‘
PROXY P MANAGEMENT AB
FORMUEPLEJE LUX SICAV
BANCA DI SAN MARINO
EuroAmericaAdministradora Generalde Fondos S.A. / ZCH AM SICAV
Open Mind Investments S.C.A. SICAR
360 Capital One S.C.A. -SICAR
- Assisting Euromobiliare with numerous ongoing matters, including the restructuring of five existing sub-funds and on Money Market Fund Regulation compliance.
- Acted for Carnegie Group on ongoing work, including on the migration of three AIFs and one UCITS to new service providers (depositary / central administration) further to the liquidation of the existing central administration.
- Assisted Pramerica Management Company S.A. (formerly UBI Management Company S.A.) and its two UCITS (FCP / SICAV) across a range of ongoing work, including the creation of 11 new sub-funds and the creation of new classes of shares.
Bonn Steichen & Partners provides 'very professional legal advice with great responsiveness and deep insight into the practice of investment funds establishment and operations'. The firm is involved across the lifecycle of work within the regulated and unregulated UCITS and AIFs space, from fund establishment and ongoing operational matters, through to downstream investments and fund termination. Evelyn Maher 'has a great deal of experience in both private equity funds establishment and operations'. Luc Courtois joined NautaDutilh in 2020.
‘Evelyn Maher was able to guide us through our negotiations.‘
ERSEL GESTION INTERNATIONALE S.A.
TAGES CAPITAL SGR
MONYX FINANCIAL GROUP
- Advised a US-headquartered alternative investment management firm on the establishment of a Reserved Alternative Investment Fund.
- Advising a leading Italian SGR on the investment by the SIF fund of funds managed by the company into two Luxembourg alternative investment funds in the form of special limited partnerships investing in European debt instruments.
- Assisted with drafting relevant documentation for C-Quadrat Asset Management France to facilitate the merger of two UCITS set up in France into an AIM Luxembourg SICAV.
'Very well-qualified in relation to alternative funds', Dechert Luxembourg's three-partner team has a strong reputation across the breadth of asset classes, including private equity, debt funds, real estate and hedge funds, where clients benefit from 'great sector insight' and the ability to provide 'very efficient co-ordination of international partners within the firm's network'. Patrick Goebel has 'unique technical competencies for alternative assets in Luxembourg'.
‘The best fund set up service in Luxembourg.‘
‘Very strong client-oriented approach of the whole team.‘
‘The team asks very detailed questions to get a thorough understanding of the clients’ needs and goes beyond the obvious in their solution proposals.‘
‘Patrick Goebel has a broad knowledge of the legal side of the funds sector and a great understanding of business matters.‘
‘The solution-oriented Patrick Goebel stands out for his very detailed knowledge, his superior experience and his power of abstraction.‘
‘Jean-Louis Frognet is always readily available with good commercial advice and assistance.‘
‘Christine Renner is particularly committed, has a strong eye for detail and is extremely thorough and meticulous.‘
New Capital Fund Lux
Robus Capital Management
StepStone Group/ Swiss Capital Alternative Investments AG
Prime Capital AG
- Advised on the merger of several sub-funds of New Capital Fund Lux (a Luxembourg UCITS platform promoted by the EFG group) with the Irish UCITS platform promoted by EFG group and the subsequent restructuring of New Capital Fund Lux.
- Advised StepStone Group on several fund formations including the formation of StepStone Secondary Opportunities Fund IV (SSOF IV) and StepStone Real Estate Partners IV, SCSp (SREP IV). .
Despite some recent departures, including Max Welbes , who joined Norton Rose Fulbright in June 2019, and Thibaut Partsch who left for Elvinger Hoss Prussen in January 2020, Loyens & Loeff maintains a significant offering in the alternative investment funds space and has recently reconfigured its team to provide a multi-disciplinary approach which draws upon fund formation, regulatory, finance and tax experts. Led by Marc Meyers, the team has strong market penetration among many leading global asset management firms, including EQT Partners and Brookfield Asset Management, and is regularly called upon to advise on the necessary structuring, regulatory and operational aspects associated with the establishment of funds across the private equity, infrastructure and real estate sectors.
AMP Capital Investors
- Advises Brookfield Asset Management on the establishment of multiple funds, including as it relates to private equity and infrastructure.
- Advised Triton Investment Management, on the Luxembourg regulatory and legal aspects of the setting up, structuring and closing of Triton Fund V, based in Luxembourg.
- Advised Muzinich & Co, a privately-owned, institutionally-focused investment firm specialising in public and private corporate credit, on the regulatory and legal aspects of the structuring and implementation of a European long-term investment fund.
Jointly headed by the 'proactive and skillful' Mevlüde-Aysun Tokbag and the 'excellent' Samia Rabia , Wildgen's ten-strong team has 'profound market knowledge' and excels in providing 'tailor-made advice' across the gamut of matters relating to UCITS and alternative investment funds. Clients also appreciate the firm's 'excellent synergies and collaboration between the firm's different practice areas', in addition to its German desk which enables it to provide a 'one-stop-shop' for German-related funds matters.
Samia Rabia; Mevlüde-Aysun Tokbag
‘Wildgen’s investment fund practice is a pretty small team (not too small), which means that you get a tailor-made service and speak with a limited number of persons, all with a very good level of seniority.‘
‘The lawyers at the firm have a very good commercial and entrepreneurial culture.‘
‘The partners have great technical skills.‘
‘The quality of the advice, the document drafting and the solutions for the specifics of the fund were always good and never caused problems in the process with the other stakeholders involved.‘
‘The pragmatic Mevlüde-Aysun Tokbag benefits from an in-depth knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework of the financial industry in Luxembourg.‘
‘Samia Rabia can guide you easily through complex matters.‘
‘Davide Giacomoni and Emma Massicard are solid and experienced lawyers you can rely on.‘
Hogan Lovells (Luxembourg) LLP's three-strong Luxembourg team often works closely with other offices across the international network to provide a strong offering, particularly in relation to the real estate, hedge and infrastructure fund sectors. Pierre Reuter is the team head.
KGAL GmbH & Co. KG
Timberland Investment Resources Europe LLP
- Regular assistance to Spanish asset manager Oquendo, including with regards to GDPR compliance requirements and a prospectus update due to the appointment of a fully-fledged AIFM for two Luxembourg investment companies in risk capital (SICAR).
Considerably strengthened by the arrival in January 2019 of 'wise and seasoned professional' Jeannette Vaude-Perrin from Bonn & Schmitt, KLEYR GRASSO provides 'very knowledgeable and helpful' advice to domestic and international clients across the spectrum of regulated and unregulated alternative investment fund structures. Leveraging its strong corporate and M&A offering, the team is also regularly engaged on significant downstream investment activity in the private equity space.
Rina Breininger; Jean-Paul Spang; Renata Jokubauskaite
‘Any fund-related questions are answered swiftly and with great insights.‘
‘Rina Breininger and Jerome Burel have a wealth of experience across transactional and regulatory matters servicing top-tier private equity clients.‘
‘Jeannette Vaude-Perrin has a strong industry knowledge and is able to provide precise and adding value advice to her clients.‘
‘The very wise Jeannette Vaude-Perrin has deep investment funds expertise.‘
‘Jeannette Vaude-Perrin has a 360 degree knowledge of the investment funds industry.‘
‘Jeannette Vaude-Perrin possesses unsurpassed technical expertise and especially benefits from her long term relationship to the regulatory administration of the Luxembourg CSSF.‘
- Advised core client TA Associates on numerous mandates, including its investment in List S.p.A, an Italy-based developer of software solutions for the financial industry and the sale of its ownership in Hana Group.
Although it is very new in the market - having only established a Luxembourg office in October 2018 - Maples Group's nine-strong team stands out for its size and expertise. Formerly at Dechert Luxembourg, Johan Terblanche , who is noted for his 'deep knowledge of the fund market', heads up the team, which is primarily focused on the alternative funds space.
‘The firm delivers practical legal advice and proactively helps us stay on top of the local market situation.‘
‘The team is always responsive and provides swift and expert advice, adapting to the latest technologies in market trends and regulation.‘
‘The team is efficient and client-focused, with a particular punch in closing transactions.‘
‘Johan Terblanche is the number one in Luxembourg.‘
‘Johan Terblanche is always familiar with the latest regulation and market trends.‘
Neuberger Berman Inc.
Marathon Asset Management LP
Cardinal Capital Group
New Rhein Healthcare
Arrow Global Limited
River and Mercantile
Woodman Asset Management
Rezco Asset Management
The Rohatyn Group
Cape Ann Asset Management
Bedrock Asset Management
HPS Investment Partners, LLC
Quaestus Capital Management
Pollen Street Capital Insight Asset Management
TRG Management LP
- Advising New Rhein on the establishment of the Luxembourg sleeve of a global private equity fund offering focused on healthcare therapeutics and medical devices.
- Advising Cardinal Capital Group Unlimited Company on the launch of a new Luxembourg private equity fund.
- Assisting Arrow Global Limited with the launch of a new Luxembourg debt fund.
NautaDutilh's team 'uniquely combines knowledge of the legal and regulatory side of investment fund regulation with a real understanding of underlying business and customer needs'. A varied workflow includes structuring the full range of alternative funds and UCITS, regulatory advice and due diligence for institutional investors. Luc Courtois heads the team following his arrival from Bonn Steichen & Partners. Ezechiel Havrenne left the firm in December 2019.
‘We found that the team had the right way to frame issues vis-a-vis the CSSF and had sufficient high-level contacts in order to advance issues when needed.‘
Ogier provides 'clear, concise and practical advice' across the spectrum of alternative funds and has been strengthened on the real estate funds side by the recent arrival of Benoît Rose from CMS. In addition to Rose's arrival, the firm has also seen an influx of associates joining the team from various firms, and consequently now has the critical mass and depth of expertise to provide an increasingly compelling offering for clients which are also appreciative of its ability to leverage expertise in other key offshore jurisdictions, including Cayman Islands.
François Pfister; Anne-Gaëlle Delabye; Benoît Rose
‘The team is prepared to work at very short notice when urgent matters arise.‘
‘Bertrand Geradin and Anne-Gaëlle Delabye are culturally sensitive and pragmatic.‘
‘Francois Pfister – excellent communication and service delivery.‘
‘Senior associate Rebecca Macé-Balebs is very efficient.‘
- Acting for a major US global alternative assets manager, on the launch, regulatory, structuring and tax aspects of its fifth unregulated fund.
- Acting for one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms in connection with the launch of its Luxembourg-based private equity structure.
- Advised a US-based leading middle market private equity and credit investment firm on the establishment of a new Luxembourg master-feeder structure which provides debt capital to middle market companies in the US.
Investment funds work is a core focus for independent business law boutique Chevalier & Sciales. Jointly headed by Olivier Sciales and Cécile Rechstein, the team advises asset managers and promoters on the establishment, regulatory and operational needs of UCITS and alternative investment funds.
Olivier Sciales; Cécile Rechstein
CMS' team provides 'responsive and skilled' advice to local and international clients on the structuring of the full spectrum of AIFs, whether organised in a regulated, semi-regulated or unregulated fashion. Benefiting from access to a huge knowledgebase and expertise across the firm's international network of offices, clients appreciate the firm's 'ability to integrate the international aspects of the legal issues'. Aurélien Hollard heads the team following her arrival in January 2019 from Arendt & Medernach.
‘The team comprises specialists in various fields of expertise, ranging from regulatory, tax and corporate. This combination provides for a unique platform of competence, enabling the management of clients’ requests with a full spectrum of competences available.‘
‘The cost-effective use of highly capable juniors was most welcome.‘
Led by Eduard Koster, Dentons' team has an integrated approach which draws upon the expertise of regulatory, corporate, finance and tax lawyers to act for fund promoters, financial institutions and asset managers, particularly in relation to the structuring of alternative asset classes.
Tuspark Technology Investment Europe S.à r.l.
Covalis Capital Luxembourg II GP
Level One Investment SA
Quadriga Funds S.C.A.,SICAV SIF
Cogito Capital Fund I SCSp SICAV-RAIF
EC PE Partner
- Advised Cogito Capital Fund I SCSp SICAV-RAIF on its set-up and all aspects concerning Luxembourg law.
- Assisted TUS Science and Technology Service Group with the establishment of its Innovation Investment Fund (CLIIF).
- Advised Cogito Partners on setting up the fund and the financing granted by several investors including PFR Ventures and European Investment Fund.
Led by 'very experienced' founding partner Denis Van den Bulke, the 'efficient and dynamic' team at VANDENBULKE employs a multi-disciplinary approach across corporate, tax and finance and is therefore well positioned to handle work across the life cycle of alternative funds work, from initial fund formation through to advice on subsequent investments.
Denis Van den Bulke
‘Denis Van den Bulke gives practical and business-oriented advice.‘
‘Laurence Jacques is very responsive.‘
Established in October 2018, Ashurst's 'knowledgeable and pragmatic' two-partner funds team has already begun to pick up a significant amount of alternative fund-related work, both on its own, as well as in conjunction with the firm's London and New York offices. Antonios Nezeritis 'has excellent knowledge of the fund industry'.
Antonios Nezeritis and Isabelle Lentz
‘The firm is easily accessible and provides pragmatic advice.‘
‘Antonio Nezeritis’ work on our fund management business has always been outstanding.‘
Intermediate Capital Group
Shard Credit Partners
Inflexion Private Equity
- Advised Intermediate Capital Group on the establishment of its €4.5bn fund, ICG Europe Fund VII.
- Assisted Rothschild Merchant Bank with the establishment of the €625m Five Arrows Direct Lending Fund.
Charles Russell Speechlys
Led by David Louis , Charles Russell Speechlys' four-strong team provides 'knowledgeable and solution-oriented advice' to asset management clients across the gamut of fund structures. The team has 'very good insight into new trends in the market', particularly as it relates to digital funds.
‘Very knowledgeable and professional.‘
‘Approachable, communicative and always ready to help on new topics.‘
‘Personal, responsible and well plugged in with the regulator.‘
Blackstar Asset Management
ACI Asset Management
- Advised Peakside Capital on the establishment of a new real estate fund embedded in new technology (tokenisation).
- Advising Decalia on the creation of a platform to host its venture capital and private equity projects.
- Assisted Blackstar Asset Management with the creation of a new sub-fund and with the corporate life of the existing sub-funds
Jointly headed by the 'outstanding and client-oriented' Pierre De Backer and Emmanuelle Bauer, Deynecourt provides 'efficient and high-quality advice' to clients in the alternative funds space. Work includes fund structuring, M&A activity and ongoing regulatory advice.
Pierre de Backer; Emmanuelle Bauer
‘Pierre de Backer is an expert in the field of fund structuring, asset management, contract law and Luxembourg governance aspects.‘
Rothschild & Co
Banque Pictet & Cie
Finaccess Advisors LLC
Novastone Capital SA
MG Real Estate
CompagnieBancaire Helvétique SA
- Acting for Rothschild & Co Bank and Rothschild & Co Wealth Management (UK) on its flagship private client fund, Rothschild & Co WM SICAV SIF.
- Advised a private client of Pictet & Cie on the complete exit of private equity investments held by a fund through BVI intermediary vehicles.
- Advised MG Real Estate’s founder on the formation of a RAIF, setup as an investment company in risk capital (SICAR) to finance the acquisition of several pan-European prime equity real estate targets.
Headed by the 'outstanding' Marcus Peter, GSK Stockmann SA handles structuring work for alternative funds and UCITS, as well as advice on their day-to-day operational requirements. Notably Peter recently advised China Merchant Bank Luxembourg on the establishment of the bank’s first European-based investment fund.
VBM (Verband derMetall-und Elektroindustrie in Bayern)
Bayern Invest Luxembourg
European Fund Administration
LRI Invest SA
EQT Management SARL
MK LuxInvest SA
Brunswick Capital (Leimdörfer)
- Advised Daimler AG and the AIFM Hauck & Aufhäuser on the update of certain fund documents and fund agreements.
- Assisted Fineco Asset Management DAC (a subsidiary of Fineco Bank) on the establishment and approval, as well as the implementation of the takeover of the role of investment manager and management company for CoRe Series, a Luxembourg flagship UCITS fund.
- Assisted China Merchants Bank with the establishment of its first European-based investment fund.
Praised for its 'willingness to go the extra mile', Linari Law Firm provides a 'very flexible service' to clients on the establishment of UCITS and alternative investment funds. It also has significant experience advising international investment firms on their establishment and activities in Luxembourg, including on behalf of south-east Asian clients.
Vincent Linari; Guillaume Deflandre
‘Guillaume Deflandre always provides impeccable work.‘
‘The very strategic Vincent Linari has the experience and capacity to cut out the noise and provide the pertinent advice and guidance.‘
‘Aleksej Ketovs is very precise and a clear thinker.‘
BGL BNP Paribas
Square asset Management -SGFII SA
Sustainable Growth Management S.àr.l.
- Advising BGL BNP across a wide range of investment fund legal advice and specifically in relation to notifications further to the merger of ABN Amro Luxembourg by BGL BNP Paribas and fund-related day-to-day queries.
- Advising Square Asset Management, SGFII SA, on the establishment of a real estate investment in the form of a SIF.
- Assisting Sustainable Growth Management with day-to-day regulatory questions, including in relation to the restructuring of two of its underlying assets and on replacing its Luxembourg AIFM.
The 'highly skilled, responsive and dedicated' team at Simmons & Simmons in Luxembourg provides 'technical and very professional advice', either on its own, or alongside other strong funds teams across its international network (including London and Paris). Team head Augustin de Longeaux has a particular focus on real estate, infrastructure and private equity funds. The team has also been active advising numerous asset managers on strategic considerations in light of Brexit.
Augustin de Longeaux
‘For operational functions it is sometimes hard to catch all the complexity of legal and regulatory risks and issues, Augustin de Longeaux and Cedric Danois showed a technical and very professional approach.‘
InfraVia Capital Partners
MIDAS Wealth Management Advisor
Crestline Management LP
First State Investments
Invesco Fund Managers Limited
Venture Corporate Properties Luxembourg
- Advised infrastructure fund manager InfraVia Capital Partners on its €2bn fundraising for InfraVia European Fund IV.
- Advising C5 Capital (a private equity firm specialising in investments in cyber-security companies and technologies) to structure and launch its second fund, Cyber Partners II.
- Advised US-based debt fund manager, Crestline Investors, on the structuring and launch of its first European fund, Crestline Opportunity Fund III.