ABNR Counsellors at Law very broad practice covers both contentious and non-contentious real estate issues, and has been a key name in the market for the development of shopping malls. Rita T Taufik leads the team and has advised foreign investors and state-owned-enterprises on projects concerning retail, leisure, hospitality and infrastructure. Project finance expert Giffy Pardede has also advised on property developments, most notably involving real estate investment trusts.
Real estate in Indonesia
- Advised a leading Indonesian property developer in the Administrative Court and Supreme Court on their challenge to the legality of a land rezoning decree issued by the Governor of Banten Province.
- Counsel to one of Indonesia’s largsest property developers and management companies for their proposed acquisition of 3 malls from different sellers in second-tier Indonesian cities
- Advised one of China’s largest property companies on their joint venture with a leading Indonesian conglomerate for the development of a chain of children’s indoor theme parks in Indonesia
Advising local and international clients, Assegaf Hamzah & Partners has a strong track record in advising on the development of major industrial property developments in the region. Practice head Yogi Sudrajat is an expert in both contentious and non-contentious real estate, more specifically in areas such as land acquisitions, tenancy disputes and lease agreements.
Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company (Masdar)
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
PT Pasifik Satelit Nusantara
PT Indonesia Power
The Export-Import Bank of Korea
The Export-Import Bank of China
PT Binsar Natorang Energi
MUFG Bank, Ltd.
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Gurit Holding AG
PT Pembangkitan Jawa Bali Investasi
PT Penjaminan Infrastruktur Indonesia (Persero) Tbk.
PT Rukun Raharja Tbk
Star Energy (Wayang Windu) Limited
Star Energy Geothermal (Salak) Ltd.
Star Energy Geothermal Darajat Ltd.
The Leading Asia’s Private Infrastructure Fund administrated by ADB (ADB LEAP)
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Assisted Keppel Land Indonesia to successfully settle the dispute with its tenant out of court.
- Assisted PT Bright Mobile Telecommunication with the acquisition of numerous plots of land in Tangerang City.
- Advised PT Suryamas Lestariprima on its negotiation of a ‘Lend-Use’ (Pinjam Pakai) agreement with a landowner.
Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners, a member firm of Baker McKenzie
Attracting instructions from international developers, holding companies and real estate investment trusts, Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners, a member firm of Baker McKenzie has been advising on the acquisition, leasing and development of shopping malls, luxury hotels and data centres. Bima Sarumpaet leads the practice and has been advising on the acquisition and acquisition financing of major developments, as well as environmental compliance.
‘The team are well versed, practical and articulate.’
Rajawali Corporation (Indonesia) – Property Development/Plantations
Sime Darby Berhad (Malaysia) – Property Development/Plantations
Hong Kong Land/MCL Land (Singapore)/Jakarta Land (Indonesia)/Astra International (Indonesia) – members of the wider Jardines Group – Property Development
- Assisted the manager of Lippo Malls Indonesia Retail Trust on the divestment of its strategic performing assets, Pejaten Village and Binjai Supermall, its first ever divestment to a third party purchaser.
- Assisted in the establishment of an Indonesia-focused logistics property JV between Keppel-owned Alpha Investment Partners, and its partners PT Mega Manunggal Property and Asuransi Jiwa Manulife.
Hiswara Bunjamin & Tandjung in association with Herbert Smith Freehills has been the port of call for Marriot regarding its major hotel and leisure developments in Indonesia, with additional expertise in the development of office and residential buildings as well as data centres. Managing partner Iril Hiswara leads the team an is noted for his work on the acquisition, leasing and subleasing of major properties. Corporate partner Vik Tang is also highly active within this space, as is recently promoted partner Teguh Arwiko.
Rajawali Property Group
PT Chitatex Peni (a member of RDTX Group)
Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC)
Marriott International, Inc
PT Cowell Development Tbk
PT Indosat Tbk
PT Bank OCBC NISP Tbk. (OCBC NISP)
Northstar Advisor Pte. Ltd.
Manulife Investment Management
- Advising Marriott International on land ownership and contract issues for hotel development projects in Jakarta, Balikpapan, Puncak Manado and Bali.
- Acted as Indonesian counsel to Indosat in the sale to Mitratel and Protelindo and subsequent lease back of 3,100 telecommunication towers.
- Advised Rajawali in the establishment of PT QRPG Komodo Resort and subsequent land acquisition in Labuan Bajo to establish a five-star resort.
Leks&Co is one the few real estate specialist firms in the region and as such covers the spectrum of contentious and non-contentious real estate issues. Managing partner Eddy Leks leads the team and is an expert in handling land acquisitions, licenses and compliance, as well as advising Islamic finance. Ivor Pasaribu , who is highly skilled in real estate disputes, is also recommended.
Keppel Land Indonesia
PT Integrated Healthcare Indonesia (part of Johnson & Johnson Indonesia)
Law Bureau of Regional Government of DKI Jakarta
PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk (Telkom)
- Advising on the delivery of SIPPT’s obligations to the local government.
- Advising Keppel Land Indonesia on its land acquisition project including performing legal due diligence and transaction documents.
- Advising the client on its asset (real estate) management and its leverage.
Tourism and hospitality real estate is the prime area of focus for SSEK Legal Consultants, but the team is also very experienced in residential and commercial real estate. Denny Rahmansyah jointly leads the practice and is most prominent in advising on hotels and villas in Bali, as well as office and retail leases in Central Jakarta. Fellow practice head Michael Twomey similarly advises on resorts in Bali as well as the property and land involved in major oil and gas projects
Mitsubishi Estate Co., Ltd.
NTT Communications (NTT Com)
PT Risland Sutera Property
Dusit Thani Group
China Fortune Land Development
Jones Lang LaSalle
- Assisted Ovolo Group, a luxury boutique hotel brand headquartered in Hong Kong, with the acquisition of a resort hotel in Bali.
- Assisted WeWork with the opening of its newest location in Jakarta, at the Noble House building in Mega Kuningan.
- Assisted NTT Communications with the acquisition of land in an industrial area outside of Jakarta to be used for the construction of what would be the largest data center facility in Indonesia.
Bagus Enrico & Partners (BE Partners) is widely respected for its handling hotel and leisure developments in Bali, but is also highly skilled in office, residential, agriculture and retail properties. Founding partner Bagus Nur Buwono and Enrico Iskandar head the practice and have advised on the acquisition, sale, due diligence and restructuring on property and land.
- Advised and represented Karma Royal Group on ownership and land title restructuring of its subsidiary company, PT Karma Development, which owns, operates and manages hotel and resort in Bali.
- Instructed by CRBC to conduct legal due diligence for 2 potential land sites located in Jakarta for the development of apartments, housing, offices and shopping malls.
- Advising Long John on major land acquisitions.
Budidjaja International Lawyers
Budidjaja International Lawyers has a strong domestic client base and has also been assisting The Trump Organisation with its luxury hotels and residential properties. Industrial developments has been another key of focus, particularly in relation to waste management plants. Narada Kumara is the key name of note.
- Advising The Trump Organization, in all aspects relating to the preparation,establishment and development of the Trump Organization’s first six star luxury residences and hotel project in Indonesia.
- Assisting a waste management company as the purchaser in all legal aspects for the acquisition of of land in Karawang, West Java.
- Assisted a waste management company on the purchase of land in East Java.
Makarim & Taira S. operates a broad workload with notable strength in the energy, manufacturing and hospitality sectors. The team has advised on property and land acquisitions, leasehold arrangements and EPC contracts. Rahayu Hoed, a well known name for land acquisitions on major energy projects, leads the practice.
PT Ceria Nugraha Indotama (CNI)
US listed company subsidiary
GE Finance Money
Badan Pelaksana Otorita Danau Toba
PT Frisian Flag Indonesia
PT Sampoerna Land
- Preparing EPC Contracts for the development of a major smelter project.
- Represented FFI, one of the biggest and oldest industrial company in Indonesia, in purchasing ± 25 Ha plots of land.
Soemadipradja & Taher is very experienced in assisting international investors and has recently seen a large intake of work from Japan and counts its major real estate developer Sumitomo as a key client. Mochamad Kasmali leads the practice and has been advising on commercial and residential buildings, as well as property and land associated with energy and infrastructure projects.
PT Sumitomo Indonesia
- Instructed by Sumitomo to provide legal advice in relation to the Clients’ investment in the development and sale and purchase of three condominium towers
Walalangi & Partners in association with Nishimura & Asahi predominantly acts for Japanese clients and are currently assisting Toyota and Mitsubishi on their property investments in the region, which includes apartments, office buildings and hotels. Managing partner Luky I. Walalangi leads the practice.
- Counsel to Mitsubishi Corporation in its superblock urban development project of more than $350m, located in West java.
- Advised Toyota on its phase III residential expansion through land acquisition from Lippo and residential towers development, located in Cikarang Bekasi.