Banking, finance and capital markets in Hungary
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy advises both lenders and borrowers on transactions related to refinancings, restructurings and real estate acquisitions. Its capital markets group has a solid record advising on debt transactions and structured finance. Managing partner Zoltán Lengyel advises financial institutions on capital markets and M&A transactions, and recently advised UniCredit Bank Hungary on the financing of the second phase of an exclusive residential real property investment. Counsel Károly Fóti focuses on complex domestic and international banking and finance transactions ranging from consumer products and services work through to corporate finance transactions, derivatives issues, and real estate and project finance transactions. Norbert Hete handles IPO and Eurobond issuances for Hungarian corporates.
Zoltán Lengyel; Károly Fóti; Norbert Hete
Raiffeisen Bank Zrt.
Mapletree Investments PTE Ltd.
International Investment Bank
Erste Bank Hungary Zrt.
Budapesti Értéktőzsde Zrt.
Bank of China (Hungary) Zrt.
Mora Banc SAU
UniCredit Bank Hungary Zrt.
Aegon Magyarország Általános Bizosító zrt.
CLS Bank International
Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
Ascendis Management Services (Pty) Ltd
Ascendis Health Limited
ING Bank N.V.
Bank of Communications (Luxembourg) S.A.
Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
Bank of Communications Co., Ltd. Frankfurt Branch
- Advising the International Investment Bank in connection with the private placement and listing of its notes on the Budapest Stock Exchange.
- Advising Mora Banc on the financing for the construction of a new boutique hotel in Budapest.
- Advising the Bank of China on the listing of its structured notes on the Budapest Stock Exchange.
Andrékó Kinstellar has, according to a client, 'the best banking team in town'. The team is praised for its 'professional and commercial approach', and ability to 'get the deal done quickly and efficiently'. Recent instructions include a mix of real estate financing, acquisition financing, and energy-related project finance transactions, and on the capital markets side, the team advised Goldman Sachs International and Equilor Zrt on their purchase of convertible bonds. The 'highly skilled' Csilla Andrékó is 'an excellent negotiator'. Managing associate Levente Hegedűs and senior associate Máté Nagy are also highly recommended within the team which saw the departure of Ákos Mátés-Lányi to Noerr.
‘The team is very strong, senior and very experienced. They are particular good with complex deals and can keep even very hard deadlines’.
‘The team feels like internal colleagues to the in-house team‘.
‘Very good approach to dealing with a transaction, takes matters off you and efficiently resolves them‘.
‘Levente Hegedűs knows the banking industry very well and deals with matters exactly in the way the client would like to see it‘.
Československá obchodní banka, a.s.
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Tatra banka, a.s.
- Advising UniCredit Hungary on the financing of a new high-profile apartment development project developed by Property Market.
- Assisting OTP in connection with the financing of photovoltaic project construction comprising 22 solar power plant in Barcs developed by DMJ Management Solutions Kft.
- Advising a consortium of banks including UniCredit Bank Hungary, Budapest Bank, Hungarian Eximbank, and Raiffeisen Bank Hungary regarding the refinancing of the Hell Energy group’s existing debt facilities, and corporate financing of the Hell Energy’s group by way of a new club loan facility.
CMS stands out for its high-level expertise in advising on transactional and regulatory banking mandates, and is particularly active in real estate and project financing transactions. Client praise its 'proactive approach and deep understanding of the key issues to be negotiated from the bank's prospective'. Managing partner Erika Papp is noted for her 'comprehensive knowledge and outstanding negotiation skills'. Other key names to note include the highly recommended senior counsel Eszter Török, Árpád Lantos and Csongor Tompa and senior associates Sándor Kovács, and Dorottya Varga-Giesz.
‘The practice is renowned for not just its involvement in cross-border matters, with experience in a number of jurisdictions but also in local mandates which they can deliver successfully, advising either the bank’s or the borrower’s side on a transaction‘.
‘Problem solving attitude is a common character of all of the lawyers from CMS‘.
‘Erika Papp is a extremely efficient, measured and client-centric lawyer‘.
‘Eszter Török is very diligent and gets to the point quickly and the fact that she is qualified both in the UK and Hungary is helpful when working on cross-border financings‘.
‘Associate Kitti Tulner is absolutely recommended for her work in real estate financings. She provides very good client service and understands these matters very well‘.
Balbec Asset Management
CIB Bank Ltd. (Intesa Sanpaolo subsidiary)
Erste Bank Hungary and Erste Bank AG
K&H Bank Ltd.
MKB Bank Ltd.
OTP Bank Plc.
MET Ltd., the Hungarian oil and gas trading company
Raiffeisen Bank Ltd.
- Advised Futureal Prime Properties One on two real estate financing matters.
- Advised a consortium of lenders, including OTP, BB, Takarékbank, Unicredit and MKB, on the €110m acquisition financing of Tigáz.
- Advised OTP Bank on the public bond issuance.
Dentons' 'ability to combine local strength with the substantial regional and global resources of the firm places it in a unique position to handle big-ticket cross-border mandates'. MET Group is a major client which the team advised on the acquisition financing of Hungary's largest natural gas distribution system operator, and in a separate transaction, advised on the EPC and financing of one of Hungary’s largest solar power plant investment projects. Gergely Horváth has a wealth of experience in real estate finance matters, construction projects, PPPs, debt capital markets and derivatives transactions. Edward Keller, counsel Gábor Király and senior associate Gabriella Pataki are also names to note.
Gergely Horváth; Edward Keller
‘Its ability to combine local strength with the substantial regional and global resources of the firms places it in a unique position to handle big-ticket cross-border mandates‘.
Diákhitel Központ (Student Loan Center)
Marathon Asset Management, LP / MCAP Global Finance
- Advising Budapest Airport on a new €200m loan facility provided by the European Investment Bank to further fund major infrastructural upgrades of one of the fastest growing airports in Europe.
- Advised Erste Group Bank AG on the new €555m revolving credit facility agreement that was arranged as a club-deal with a group of 15 relationship banks of the MOL Group.
- Advised Diákhitel Központ Zrt., the state-owned Student Loan Center in Hungary responsible for operating Hungary’s higher education student loan scheme, with respect to a EUR 50 million loan to be provided by the European Investment Bank.
DLA Piper's team includes a number of highly regarded practitioners who regularly handle high-profile real estate, acquisition and project financings and bond issuance mandates. Gábor Borbély advised on a variety of domestic and cross-border finance transactions, including portfolio sales, restructurings and consensual exit transactions, as well as insolvency proceedings in various sectors including the real estate, energy and manufacturing industries. András Nemescsói and Gábor Molnár excel in capital markets transactions, and Péter Györfi-Tóth handles financing and restructuring mandates. The team is also 'excellent at junior level', where Attila Sári is experienced in acquisition finance, corporate lending and project finance transactions, as well as debt restructurings; Barbara Császár and Miklós Horváth are also recommended.
Péter Györfi-Tóth; Gábor Borbély; András Nemescsói; Gábor Molnár
‘Gábor Borbély is a very experienced negotiator with excellent commercial sense. He always finds a solution and pro-actively pushes deals forwards towards successful closings‘.
‘Attila Sári is a drafting dynamo who is able to tackle even the most complex transaction documents within a short period of time‘.
MVM Zrt. (MVM Hungarian Electricity Ltd)
UniCredit Bank Hungary Zrt.
Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG
Raiffeisen Bank Zrt.
FMS Wertmanagement Service GmbH
- Advising Raiffeisen Bank Zrt. on the acquisition of the performing loan portfolio of AEGON Magyarország Hitel Zrt. as part of a complex sale of the loan portfolio of AEGON.
- Advised a consortium of banks, including UniCredit Bank Hungary Zrt., UniCredit Bank AG, London Branch, UniCredit SpA, Erste Group Bank AG and Erste Bank Hungary Zrt., on their syndicated cross-border real estate development and investment financing of ETELE Plaza.
- Assisted MNV with its €925m repurchase and redemption of all bonds issued by the Hungarian State exchangeable into the shares of Gedeon Richter Plc., a blue chip on the Budapest Stock Exchange.
Kapolyi Law Firm
Kapolyi Law Firm is singled out for its 'in-depth commercial knowledge of financial legal areas, in particular, capital markets' as well as 'its readiness to be engaged and provide the required legal service in a precise and succinct manner'. Recent highlights include advising on the reverse takeover of a Hungarian listed company, a series of real estate financing mandates, and assisting ENEFI Energy with a reverse takeover procedure combined with capital increase and the listing of new shares on the Budapest Stock Exchange. József Kapolyi and Viktor Krezinger stand out for capital markets-related transactions; they provide 'not only sound legal advice, but also useful strategic and practical advice'. Balázs József Ferenczy joined as senior associate from an in-house role at Cellum Group.
Viktor Krezinger; Balázs József Ferenczy; József Kapolyi
‘The team has up-to-date knowledge of local and EU law, coupled with excellent business logic‘.
‘In addition to being a very experienced lawyer due to decades of his presence in the legal profession, József Kapolyi also understands his clients’ businesses. He is able, and if requested, ready to share his views on the broader context, on the given client’s business perspective, and he does this efficiently and effectively‘.
‘József Kapolyi and Viktor Krezinger are excellent negotiators’.
‘József Kapolyi has extensive experience, and has worked on almost all kinds of deals in the capital markets and banking & finance field throughout his career, and he has a very effective business attitude‘.
‘Viktor Krezinger has a client-friendly, professional attitude, as well as having extensive and outstanding technical and industrial knowledge, a dedicated approach and an effective work ethic‘.
Bank of Hungarian Savings Cooperatives Co. Ltd.
K&H Commercial Bank Ltd.
Takarék Commercial Bank Ltd.
Takarék Mortgage Bank Co Plc.
- Advising on the issuance of multimillion-euro corporate bonds.
- Advising DeltaGroup Holding in a reverse takeover procedure combined with capital increase and listing the new shares on the Budapest Stock Exchange.
- Advised Gladiátor Befektetési Alapkezelő on its €43m real estate financing project.
Lakatos, Köves and Partners
Lakatos, Köves and Partners advises lenders and borrowers and other market participants in the financial services, capital markets and aviation finance sectors. It continues to be active in non-performing loan (NPL) transactions, and advised Indotek on the acquisition of a €500m portfolio from the Hungarian Insolvency Claims Agency. Other highlights include advising ING on the credit facility restructuring of MET, assisting Deutsche Bank, Erste Bank Group and JP Morgan as managers with Hungary’s €1bn issuance of international sovereign bonds, and handled a number of aircraft sale, leaseback and parallel financing transactions. Szabolcs Mestyán and John Fenemore jointly head up the team, which also includes Péter Köves, who is particularly recommended for project finance work; and counsel Pál Rahóty, who focuses on M&A and financial regulatory matters. Associate Balázs Rokob is also noted.
Szabolcs Mestyán; John Fenemore
Blackstone Real Estate Debt Strategies
DVB Bank SE, KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH
Karlovarské mineralní vodi a.s.
ING, London Branch
Wydawnictwa Szkolne i Pedagogiczne S.A
Outdoor Life Group
Pápai Hús Kft.
Deutsche Bank, Hungary Branch
Global Loan Agency Services Limited and Glas Trust Corporation Limited
VTB Bank Europe S.E.
Deutsche Bank AG
ABN AMRO Clearing Bank N.V.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch (“BAML”)
Goldman Sachs International (“GSI”)
HSBC Global Asset Management GmbH
The Export-Import Bank of China
Hungarian Development Bank
Allianz Insurance Group
- Advised Hungarian Real Estate Financing Zrt. (Indotek Group) on the first ever sale of a non-performing loan portfolio by the National Deposit Insurance Fund.
- Advised Blackstone Real Estate Debt Strategies on the Hungarian aspects of a €337m bond financing to a new luxury hotels group owned by Värde Partners.
- Acted for KMV and its Hungarian subsidiary on the acquisition of distribution rights of Pepsi in the territory of Hungary and the financing of the transaction by Československá obchodná banka.
Siegler Bird & Bird Ügyvédi Iroda excels in project, acquisition, structured and syndicated financing transactions, and its recent caseload includes new financing, refinancing and restructuring mandates, as well as public bond programme establishments and private listings of shares. It counts the Hungarian Export and Import Bank as a major client, which it advised on the €52m export financing of the Kopaszi Gát project, and in a separate transaction, advised on the financing of a greenfield agricultural project in Romania. Konrád Siegler is highly recommended for banking, finance and capital markets transactions, and bankruptcy and restructuring matters. Special counsel Tamás Simon, who handles project finance and restructuring matters, and senior associate Gábor Zoltán Szabó are also notable practitioners.
Erste Bank Hungary Zrt. and Erste Group Bank AG
Hungarian Export and Import Bank
OTP Bank Zrt.
- Advising Erste Bank Hungary Zrt. and Erste Group Bank AG on the re-financing of a real estate development.
- Assisting Ceva-Phylaxia Zrt. and Ceva Sante Animale, a global company manufacturing veterinary pharmaceutical products, with the release of certain existing securities and the establishment of certain new securities.
- Advising ERSTE Bank in the greenfield project financing of a Solar Park.
Cerha Hempel increasingly handles restructuring and refinancing, debt recovery and insolvency matters, and continues to have particular strength advising German-speaking clients on real estate and project financing transactions. The team added Tungsram Operations, NEO Property Services and Raiffeisenbank Walding-Ottensheim eGen to its client list which features both lenders and borrowers. Edina Nagy heads the team, and is recommended alongside Andrea Presser who specialises in leasing and regulatory matters.
Edina Nagy; Andrea Presser; Attila Marjai
Raiffeisenlandesbank Oberösterreich AG
Erste Group Bank AG
EvoBus GmbH (member of Daimler Group)
NEO Property Services
Sberbank Magyarország Zrt.
Sberbank AG (Austria)
UniCredit Bank Hungary Zrt.
Raiffeisenbank Walding-Ottensheim eGen
AWP P&C S.A.
- Advising Tungsram Operations Kft. on its strategic partnership with Hungarian Export-Import Bank Zrt. Regarding a credit facility.
- Assisting Erste Group Bank AG with a loan provided to a real estate company for the financing of the development of a new hotel.
- Acted for UniCredit Bank Hungary in the restructuring of a loan facility agreement consisting of four different facilities.
Clients of Gárdos Mosonyi Tomori Law Office praise its 'deep, accurate legal knowledge and equivalent knowledge in business and finance'. The group has 'outstanding' expertise in the capital markets and insurance arenas, and is 'full of excellent lawyers who are among the best Hungarian experts in their field'. Erika Tomori has a wealth of experience in the field of banking and capital markets, Péter Gárdos can 'immediately find the best solution and performs exceptionally well under pressure', and Dániel Szabó is recommended for capital markets transactions.
Erika Tomori; Dániel Szabó; Péter Gárdos
‘The team delivers high value services with excellent quality‘.
‘They can adapt to the changed circumstances quickly, and come with feasible solutions.’
‘They have outstanding expertise in capital markets and insurance‘.
‘Deep, accurate legal knowledge and equivalent knowledge in business and finance‘.
‘Erika Tomori is an excellent lawyer with outstanding expertise in banking and capital markets transactions‘.
‘Dániel Szabó understands client’s needs very well‘.
Origo Film Group
National Deposit Insurance Fund
- Advised UniCredit Hungary in the first three-year mortgage secured NPL transfer.
- Advising Factofrance in a non-recourse Pan-European construction financing project.
- Advised Origo Film Group in €50m refinancing relating to the restructuring of its loan agreements and the renewal of the related collateral agreements.
HBK Partners Attorneys at Law is praised for its 'problem solving ability and flexibility, and can always provide a valuable solution under pressure'. It counts local and international financial institutions, corporates and private investors as its main clients which it advises on financing and capital markets transactions. Márton Kovács is particularly experienced in handling NPL transactions. Kovács recently advised MKB Bank Nyrt on the sale of its NPL portfolio to APS Group, and acted for OTP Bank Nyrt and MKB Bank Nyrt on the sale of an NPL corporate loan to a Romanian buyer. Dusán Lasztity focuses on project finance, corporate finance and syndicated lending transactions, and Dóra Halápi advises on IPOs and bond issuances.
Márton Kovács; Dusán Lásztity; Dóra Halápi
‘HBK has a very reputable team of professionals, who are always at our disposal and serving a high level legal service for the bank‘.
‘The quality is outstanding, the professionals at HBK have deep knowledge and outstanding track record‘.
‘Dusán Lásztity is a unique banking and finance and debt capital markets lawyer with fantastic knowledge of applicable law and industry practices as well as outstanding negotiation skills‘.
‘Perfect management skills even in international deals and precise implementation of the tasks‘.
‘Dusán Lásztity knows everything about project finance and also has international contacts to help cross boarder transactions‘.
MKB Bank Nyrt.
SOLUS Capital Zrt.
OTP Bank Nyrt.
- Advised MKB Bank Nyrt. on its listing of its shares on the Budapest Stock Exchange.
- Advising MARKET Zrt.’s unsecured corporate bond offering and the subsequent listing of the same on the Budapest Stock Exchange.
- Advised Promid Finance Zrt. on the acquisition financing relating to acquisition of a minority stake in a major Hungarian commercial bank.
Hegymegi-Barakonyi and Partner Baker & McKenzie Attorneys-at-Law advises on the full range of banking and finance transactions, including syndicated lending, acquisition finance, and export financing matters. The team is particularly active in real estate financing mandates, and recently advised the Bank of Communications on the refinancing of its real estate portfolio, and acted for JT Ross on the acquisition financing for the properties it acquired from M7, provided by Erste Bank. József Vági is recommended for capital markets, securitisation and derivative transactions, as well as regulatory matters. Associate Balázs Bibók is another name to note.
Bank of Communications
Bank of China Hungary
Hungarian Export-Import Bank
UniCredit Bank Austria AG
Raiffeisen Bank Zrt.
- Advising Bank of Communications on a range of cross-border real estate portfolio refinancing mandates.
- Advised ING N.V. on a cross-border syndicated leveraged buy-out financing transaction.
- Acted for UniCredit Bank Austria on cross-border corporate financing.
Noerr regularly advises on cross-border and local transactional projects, advising mostly lenders; it also advises on banking regulatory and compliance matters which senior associate Ákos Bajorfi focuses on. Practice head Edina Schweizer is 'a force in the market with deep experience in everything concerning banking and capital markets'.
‘Noerr is an up-and-coming practice with a bright future‘.
‘Edina Schweizer is a force in the market with deep experience in everything concerning banking and capital markets‘.
Hungarian Development Bank (MFB)
Mercedes Benz Financial Services
European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Advised K&H Bank on the acquisition financing of the Siemens Offices real estate complex purchased by the WING Group.
- Acted for UniCredit Bank on the €31m financing to the WING Group for the financing of a multi-purpose complex.
- Advised ElringKlinger AG on the Hungarian aspects of the €350m group level financing taken from a consortium of banks led by Commerzbank AG, Deutsche Bank AG and Landesbank Baden-Württemberg.
Gergely Szalóki leads the team at Schoenherr Hetényi Ügyvédi Iroda which handles a mix of corporate, acquisition and project financing and debt issuance work, as well as debt restructurings and NPL transactions; it is particularly strong in multi-currency loan refinancings and high-yield bond offerings. Employee share plans and the issuance of employee shares also features in its recent instructions.
DZ BANK AG , BlueBay Asset Management LLP
OSI Hungary Food Solutions Kft.
Bain Capital Europe LP
BlueBay Asset Management LLP
Kongsberg Automotive ASA
Erste Bank Hungary Zrt.
OTP Bank Nyrt.
- Assisted Kongsberg Automotive ASA, a large Norwegian automotive manufacturer with the offering of senior secured notes.
- Acted for a DZ Bank AG and Bluebay Asset Management LLP, in their €150m financing the acquisition of CaseKing by Gilde Equity Partners.
- Advised OSI Hungary Food Solutions Kft., a global supplier of custom value-added food products as borrower and its parent company as guarantor in obtaining an additional loan from a large credit institution.
Szecskay Attorneys at Law counts PPF Group as a major client, which it is advising on the Hungarian aspects of the €3bn financing of the acquisition of Telenor group's CEE subsidiaries, including Telenor Hungary Zrt. The practice is jointly led by Katalin Szecskay, who focuses on advising lenders in transactional work, and Judit Budai, who specialises in capital markets transactions. Senior associate Judit Szórádi is also a name to note within the team, which saw the arrival of Anita Kalicz who joined from an in-house role at Erste Bank.
Katalin Szecskay; Judit Budai
Gránit Bank Zrt.
Budapesti Ingatlan Nyrt. (BIF)
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Advising PPF group on Hungarian law issues relating to the €3.02bn financing of the acquisition of Telenor group’s CEE subsidiaries.
- Advising Gránit Bank on a broad range of financing mandates.
- Advising Budapesti Ingatlan Nyrt. regarding a facility agreement provided by MFB Magyar Fejlesztési Bank Zártkörűen Működő Részvénytársaság.
Wolf Theiss Faludi Erős Ügyvédi Iroda's recent instructions include advising lenders on energy-related project financing and real estate financing mandates, handling bond issuances, and acting on acquisition financing transactions. Melinda Pelikán is singled out for her 'outstanding knowledge and experience in finance, paired with a proactive, pragmatic and flexible approach'. Associate Diána Boross-Varga is also recommended for capital markets transactions and regulatory matters.
‘They are efficient, responsive and provide advice that is commercially relevant and accessible to clients‘.
‘Melinda Pelikán has outstanding knowledge and experience in finance, paired with a proactive, pragmatic and flexible approach‘.
Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego
UniCredit Bank AG Vienna
Moneta International UAB
- Advised Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego on a financing provided to MCI.Euroventures, a private equity fund managed by Warsaw-listed MCI Capital S.A. for the purpose of co-financing the acquisition of Netrisk.hu, Hungary’s largest online insurance broker and comparison shopping website for financial products.
- Advising UniCredit Bank AG Vienna on the acquisition financing of the Luxus Aruhaz retail.
The banking and finance team at Deloitte Legal Erdos and Partners Law Firm is praised for its 'sound technical knowledge and precise approach'. The group is led by Luca Bokor whose recent highlights include a mix of syndicated lending, multimillion-euro real estate financing and project finance transactions. Other recent instructions include financial services regulatory matters. Managing partner Gábor Erdős is also noted.
‘Sound technical knowledge and precise approach’.
Erste Bank Hungary Zrt.
K&H Bank Zrt.
Hell Beverages Group
Bank of China
Bank of Georgia
- Advised Erste Bank in connection with the financing of two landmark office buildings constructed by the Wing group.
- Acting for K&H Bank on long term non-recourse project financing provided to Photon Energy Group for its 11.5 MWp proprietary PV power plant portfolio which consists of 17 individual KAT-licensed PV power plants in three different locations.
- Assisted Erste Bank with the real estate acquisition financing of office buildings by a real estate fund.
Forgó, Damjanovic & Partners Law Firm advises lenders and borrowers on cross-border transactions. Gábor Damjanovic is 'very solution-orientated and provides practical advice', and is recommended alongside Ferenc Lénárt, who advises on regulatory and transactional matters.
‘The team is very responsive and easy to communicate with. They are very professional and adapt to the needs of the client‘.
‘Gábor Damjanovic is very solution-orientated and provides practical advice‘.
HP Legal | Hajdu & Partners
HP Legal | Hajdu & Partners is particularly active in project and real estate financing mandates. Recent highlights include advising K&H Bank as lender on financing two of Alteo's solar projects, and assisting Budapest Free Port Logistics with refinancing its existing credit facilities of €35m with K&H Bank and OTP Bank. László Hajdu, Hanna Bátki and senior associate Réka Versics are the main contacts.
International Investment Bank
Futureal Real Estate Development Fund
Cordia Real Estate Development Fund
Infogroup Real Estate Development Holding
K&H Bank (Hungarian subsidiary of KBC)
OTP Bank Plc
Hungarian Export-Import Bank
- Advised the syndicate of MKB Bank on the refinancing of the existing credit facilities of KALL Ingredients in the amount of €110m.
- Acted for K&H Bank on the financing of two solar projects of Alteo.
- Advised Budapest Free Port Logistics Ltd. (BFPL) on the refinancing of its €35m existing credit facilities with K&H Bank and OTP Bank.
Jalsovszky is singled out for its 'outstanding cooperation, flexibility and excellent professionalism'. Recent instructions include a mix of M&A financing, syndicated lending, refinancing, restructuring, real estate and project financing mandates, and NPL sale and purchase transactions. Gábor Pázsitka is the key contact.
‘They are fast, accurate, have a great deal of legal knowledge‘.
‘They quickly understand the essence and business issues, and handle business expectations and legal opportunities very well‘.
CSOB (Ceskoslovenska obchodni banka)
- Advising Ceskoslovenska obchodni banka on the Hungarian aspects of a cross-border acquisition finance transaction.
- Advised KDB Bank Európa Zrt., MFB Zrt. and Takarékbank Zrt. on a syndicated facility provided to the Hungarian member firm of Celltrion, a large international biopharmaceutical company.
- Assisted Intrum Justitia Zrt. with the purchase of an NPL portfolio of one of the largest Hungarian commercial banks.
Nagy és Trócsányi Ügyvédi Iroda has expertise in transactional and regulatory matters, and has notable strength in acting for financial institutions in contentious matters. György Kiszely focuses on financing and regulatory mandates, and Zoltán Varga recently represented a bank in a personal data transfer dispute pertaining to a non-performing loan.
Wardinsky & Partners
- Advising Raiffeisen Bank Zrt. in administrative litigation and regulatory matter.
- Representing a bank in a series of disputes relating to foreign currency lending.
Partos & Noblet in co-operation with Hogan Lovells International LLP recently advised key client Oriens on a series of multimillion-euro project finance and corporate finance transactions. It also advises international financial institutions on Hungarian and EU regulatory matters. The firm's recent caseload also featured banking regulatory matters. Sándor Békési heads up the team.
‘Excellent civil law and financial law knowledge. Good team work, and very good knowledge of the Hungarian market. Good response time‘.
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Advised Gentherm on the Hungarian aspects of the refinancing of its existing credit agreement.
- Acting for Oriens Fund on a finance transaction, involving a Hungarian commercial bank providing a €17m senior loan and €4m junior loan for project finance and general corporate purposes.
- Advised Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, a collateral agent, regarding the establishment of a security package to be provided in Hungary in relation to a major Canadian financing.
Szabo Kelemen & Partners Attorneys
Szabo Kelemen & Partners Attorneys is experienced in acting for major lenders on project finance transactions. It also advises financial institutions on portfolio transfer and banking regulatory matters. Péter Vincze and associate Zoltán Módos are noted.
Vámosi-Nagy Ernst & Young Law Office
Vámosi-Nagy Ernst & Young Law Office's client roster features a number of banks including OTP Bank, K&H Bank and Erste Bank Hungary, as well as borrowers including Megakrán Nyrt. and Euro Mini Storage. Iván Sefer and Sarolta Varszegi jointly lead the team, and focus on transactional and regulatory, and capital markets matters respectively. Péter Csonga is also recommended for restructuring work, insolvency proceedings and capital markets transactions.
Iván Sefer; Sarolta Várszegi
Erste Bank Zrt.
Euro Mini Storage
OTP Bank Nyrt.
K&H Bank Zrt.
West End Zrt.
- Advising Megakrán Nyrt. on the financing from a consortium of investors, and the listing on the BÉT Xtend market.
- Acted for Erste Bank Hungary in a refinancing transaction in connection with a landmark property acquisition.
- Advising West End Magyarország Ingatlanhasznosító Nyrt. on a series of financing mandates.