Personal injury: defendant in East Anglia
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP has a national practice for personal injury defence work that is run from its Ipswich office. Head of corporate claims Nicola Lashmar , Paul Coppin and Louise Bland are the key partners in a practice that is frequently involved in the most significant matters in the market. The practice handles high-value national and cross-border matters and is frequently involved in litigation across Europe, in Africa and China. It also handles day-to-day matters for clients such as National Grid plc, Cadent Gas and Anglian Water Services. Rising star associate Wayne Donovan is also recommended.
Anglian Water Services Limited
General Electric Insurance
Legal & General Insurance
National Grid plc
Cadent Gas Limited
Johnson Controls International plc
Natural Environment Research Council
Thames Water Utilities Limited
Alitalia Societa Aerea Italiana SPA
Northern Gas Networks
Ewals Cargo Care
Argus Insurance Company (Europe) Limited
- Acting for Anglian Water in defence of major flood claim following a serious flooding incident dating in 2015 when Kirkley Stream burst its banks following a period of extremely heavy rainfall, causing flooding to 33 properties in the vicinity.
- Representing Union Hosteleria in defending hotel owners in a claim brought after a teenager sustained serious spinal injury as a result of falling through the glass floor of her hotel balcony.
- Global contract for defence of Turkish Airlines claims litigation, which involves co-ordinating claims litigation in over 60 jurisdictions.
- Advising Argus Insurance Company in the highest value injury claim to be brought before the courts in Gibraltar.
- Representing Legal & General’s insured, which is a large housing association, in relation to a £500,000 personal injury claim brought by one of its tenants following an accident on the insured’s premises.