Firms in the Spotlight Employment
Employment in Denmark
Bech-Bruun's employment and labour expertise spans management restructuring issues, mass redundancy litigation, regulatory remuneration policy advice including share-based incentive schemes, and the drafting and negotiation of collective bargaining agreements. Group leader Lise Lauridsen has particular expertise in domestic and cross-border transfer of undertakings, outsourcing issues, reorganisations, employment terms and incentive schemes, while Morten Ulrich advises employers on public and private labour law and pension fund mandates, and Sandro Ratkovic specialises in cross-border employment work. Managing associate Thomas Christian Thune is also noted.
The team consists of very good, very experienced and very skilled lawyers, who probably belong to one of the most professional teams of employment lawyers in Denmark
We are considered and treated as important clients which means that in cases of urgency we will receive advice urgently. We have only had very good experiences with Bech-Bruun. In addition, it is beneficial that it is a full-service law firm providing legal advice within a broad field of expertise and different competences. This is one of the biggest advantages of the firm.
The team has strong technical expertise and always provides excellent services
Lise Lauridsen is extremely competent regarding legal matters concerning Employment and Human Resource Management
Lise Lauridsen is a very nice person, so the meetings that I have with her are actually very pleasant
Morten Ulrich is a highly skilled lawyer with very sound judgement. He is very experienced and able to simplify complex matters, especially concerning the understanding of complex public matters
Morten Ulrich has enormous experience when it comes to the employment relations and the collective bargaining system at the regional level. Morten Ulrich has great knowledge of the legal process in both the civil law system and the labour law system. Furthermore, he has great knowledge of public administration law. From a practical point of view, we also see this as an advantage because it makes it easy to seek his advice as a sparring partner on a day-to-day basis.
We see Morten Ulrich as one of the best lawyers in Denmark
Morten Ulrich is always to the point and an excellent barrister
We can highly recommend Lise Lauridsen with whom we have a longstanding client relationship. We have been utilising the brilliant services of Lise Lauridsen for almost ten years and choose to follow Lise due to her highly qualified expertise in employment law, her efficiency and her dedication to our company
Lise Lauridsen provides clear no-nonsense advice and has an excellent understanding of the client situation and the commercial reality
Danish State Railways (DSB)
Mars Denmark A/S / Royal Canin Danmark A/S
Femern Bælt A/S
Joe & The Juice A/S
Aller Media A/S
Fiskars Danmark A/S
- Assisting Accenture with the employment elements of its acquisition of Hjaltelin, Stahl & Co.
- Acting for Mediq Denmark in a case relating to an allegedly unlawful collective attack and violation of the Danish Marketing Practices Act and the Danish Trade Secrets Act carried out by three former key employees who, shortly after a coordinated termination, established a competing business.
- Represented Region Syddanmark in a dispute regarding whether the region had an obligation to apply a different practice when presenting information to retired civil servants on changes to their pension term conditions.
With key experience in the drafting of collective agreements and union issues, Horten also advises on executive liability matters, non-solicitation clauses and the protection of business secrets by employees. Practice head Jonas Enkegaard acts for companies, public authorities and organisations on the employment elements of corporate acquisitions and the related collective agreement aspects. The practice is also experienced in workplace discrimination and personal injury mandates.
Other key lawyers:
Erik Wendelboe Christiansen; Marianne Lage; Finn Schwarz
I value their short response times and ability to meet the client with a truly professional and at the same time personal attitude
Very strong in employment law – understands our business really well after having worked together for five plus years and is therefore a preferred partner of choice as the team understands who we are, and our level of risk. Competent commercial advisors who always performs well, understand deadlines and have a very good working relationship with us
Jonas Enkegaard is extremely qualified in all aspects of employment law and able to reflect on the specific challenges our company has. When it is a tricky question that also involves other areas than employment law – he is the one to turn to
Jonas Enkegaard is a true partner to the business. He understands our business, is commercially savvy and is a great sparring partner. He responds to requests quickly and is strong in his risk assessment and advice
North Media Group A/S
APM Terminals Aarhus A/S
IRCT (International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims)
Danish Growth Fund
City of Copenhagen
Findos Investor GmbH
SAS Allflex Europe
The Municipality of Frederikshavn
- Acting for the City of Copenhagen in industrial arbitration proceedings regarding employment law.
- Advising the City of Aarhus on legal matters pertaining to employment law, including acting in industrial arbitration proceedings.
- Assisted a private equity fund with a structured acquisition process, which involved general employment due diligence, risk analysis and the structuring of the employment packages offered to the management as well as their reinvestments.
Kromann Reumert is a key name in the market for employment investigation matters, which includes acting in disputes relating to the protection of business secrets; the group's contentious expertise also includes representing clients in redundancy disputes, post-termination restraints, workplace discrimination claims and litigation arising from equity-based programmes and executive management exit clauses. Marianne Granhøj leads the practice and regularly advises on regulatory issues and collective agreement-based framework conditions.
Other key lawyers:
Jens Lund Mosbek; Tina Brøgger Sørensen
Very skilled, many years of practising, pragmatic approach, quick response, good advice
Extremely professionally competent. Exceptional knowledge of the field of labour law as well as related areas such as EU law
We value the long-standing relationship and excellent advice!
They have a strength by virtue of their diversity both within various legal disciplines (e.g. discrimination, litigation, GDPR, Public Law and collective Labour Law etc.) and regarding the wide range in terms of age, competence and different backgrounds. I find that they are good at educating and developing their people and ensuring generational change to the benefit of the clients
Kromann Reumert provides quick and fast responses, with useful insights for a global business
Helene Amsinck is not only extremely competent, she is also very pragmatic and goes beyond her advisory role, which is highly appreciated
Great personal commitment to my cases. Natural and straightforward dialogue. Highly responsive to making solutions that fit our unique business model and requirements
Marianne Granhøj has been our go-to partner at Kromann Reumert for a number of years. She knows our organisation very well and has provided excellent advice, not only within her own area of expertise, but also more broadly with the help of the remaining Kroman Reumert staff. We value Marianne’s ability to take the situation of our whole organisation into account when giving advice
Kemp & Lauritzen
Videnskabernes Selskab (Royal Academy of Sciences)
- Represented Lønmodtagernes Garantifond in an employment test case before the Western High Court in Denmark relating to whether a transfer of undertaking has taken place when two municipalities took over the activities of a home care service company which went bankrupt.
- Advising the Commission for Investigation of the Danish Tax Authority on the investigation of a number of tax scandals relating to the Danish tax authorities’ activities between 2002-2017.
- Assisted Kemp & Lauritzen with an investigation into four employees’ breach of code of conduct involving the delivery of electronic equipment to public servants with misleading information in the invoices.
Employment boutique Labora Legal focuses on the employment aspects of domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, reorganisations and outsourcing projects, and is also experienced in collective employment law including collective bargaining agreements and settlement schemes. Practice head Tina Reissmann primarily handles contentious employment work including collective dismissal issues; she also assists with developing employment conditions for managers and executives in listed and unlisted companies and start-ups.
Other key lawyers:
Jeppe Høyer Jørgensen; Anne Kathrine Schøn; Catrine Søndergaard Byrne; Signe Renée West
Working with Labora Legal is a pleasure. We always get very good and pragmatic advice, which is very helpful in the way we work
Strong communication skills and easy to reach. Tina Reissmann provides practical and pragmatic advice
Tina Reissmann is an excellent partner for general employment law matters
Tina Reissmann is one of the best lawyers I have ever worked with in Denmark. She is always there to give good advice and thinks outside the box. I would follow her anywhere
IC Group A/S / Peak Performance A/S / Tiger of Sweden A/S
Nordic Entertainment Group / MTG / Viasat / TV3
Kelsen Group (Campbell Soup)
SPX Flow GmbH
Widex A/S (WS Audiology)
- Acted for Adecco Group in a claim relating to salary and wage issues and also handled a dispute arising from the breach of a collective agreement.
- Advised IC Group on the employment aspects of various reorganisations.
- Advising Nordic Entertainment Group and its subsidiaries Viasat and TV3 on a reorganisation of the Danish part of the group.
Boutique firm Norrbom Vinding notably counts management-level individuals and board members as clients, and regularly advises on industrial relations, workplace discrimination matters, data protection work, social security matters, tax considerations and different pension models; the practice also advises international clients entering the market on Danish employment regulations. Jørgen Vinding, Yvonne Frederiksen and Christian K. Clasen jointly head up the practice, which also has knowledge of collective bargaining issues, strategic conflict management work and collective redundancy processes. Morten Langer departed to Accura Advokatpartnerselskab in 2019.
Jørgen Vinding; Yvonne Frederiksen; Christian K. Clasen
They are ALWAYS on top of everything within their fields of expertise. Their advice is both legally correct and sound – and their understanding of their role as lawyers and advisers is the best there is. The firm is second to none in Denmark, and their Jus Laboris membership offers great and professional help should you have the need for such advice
Very competent team that understands the customer’s needs
Norrbom Vinding really stands out compared to many other law firms we are working with. Being a boutique firm for employment law, they have been able to create a very professional and skilled team with a high profile and deep knowledge of all aspects of employment law in Denmark
Jørgen Vinding, managing partner. In control. Smart. Pleasant. Runs everything to the highest standards. You feel and know that he is in on everything important
Yvonne Frederiksen is outstanding and very good in her field of expertise. In fact the best. Extremely pleasant to work with
Christian Clasen is bright, fast with his responses. Always with an eye on the business part of the cases
We are extremely happy with Yvonne Frederiksen. Her advice is very hands on and usable for our members. She makes an effort to understand our business, and can translate complex law to non-lawyers. She makes sure that the clients are calm and fully prepared before court. Furthermore she is an extremely skilled lawyer, and you always feel confident with her advice. We highly recommend her
Jørgen Vinding, Yvonne Frederiksen and Christian K. Clasen are the sort of lawyers that give the law community a good reputation
They are all extremely talented not only in employment law matters but also the practical aspects of delivering advice to clients. Yvonne Frederiksen is also well known for advising on complex discrimination matters
Local Government Denmark (KL)
Danish Railways (DSB)
H. Lundbeck A/S
Carlsberg Breweries A/S
TV 2 Danmark A/S
Arla Foods Group
- Assisting the SAS Group with negotiations relating to a collective bargaining agreement for pilots.
- Assisted Air Greenland with negotiations related to the renewal of the collective bargaining agreement with the Flight Personnel Union (FPU).
- Representing the Municipality of Billund in the high-profile ‘Obesity Case’ pending before the Western High Court.
Gorrissen Federspiel is noted for its expertise in the employment elements of IPOs and M&A, and also provides advice on EU regulations relating to the remuneration of executive managements and restructuring procedures. The group is also active in employment litigation with a focus on union industrial action initiation rights. Morten Skjønnemand and Aarhus-based Jacob Sand jointly head up the practice and regularly advise on contractual clauses regarding compensation issues and redundancies. In 2018, Anne Skjold Qvortrup departed to Poul Schmith.
Jacob Sand; Morten Skjønnemand
The team acted very professionally and promptly. It understood immediately the complexity of the case
I had the pleasure to collaborate with Partner Jacob Sand in a very personal and delicate case. He was able to understand the tough situation I was in and at the same time was able to focus on the way forward and a solution. He is a very professional and emphatic person
Equinor (former Statoil)
The Danish Chamber of Commerce (Dansk Erhverv)
Associated Danish Ports
Novo Nordisk Fonden
- Assisted with the demerger of A.P. Møller-Mærsk through the separation of its Maersk Drilling activities and the related share listing of The Drilling Company of 1972, which involved the drafting of new service agreements for executive management and key employees as well as new cash-based short–term incentive schemes.
- Assisting ISS with a restructuring process.
- Assisted Revlon and Elizabeth Arden with issues arising from the constructive dismissal of the former CFO Northern Europe.
Plesner is noted for its experience in the employment aspects of cross-border M&A transactions and incentives programme creation, which includes executive compensation matters and cash-based bonus schemes. The department also advises on employment termination mandates arising from the downsizing or closure of business activities. Henriette Stakemann and Lise Høy Falsner jointly lead the practice and assist listed blue-chip corporations and unlisted companies with the negotiation of post-restructuring and post-outsourcing employment contracts and the related litigation and arbitration proceedings.
Henriette Stakemann; Lise Høy Falsner
Solid understanding of Employment law, the commercial reality of the market environment and how that fits into the negotiations between parties
Commercial oriented lawyers who understand the client’s needs. Strong ability to navigate between the big picture and situations that requires a great deal of detail orientation
EKF Danmarks Eksportkredit (Denmark’s Export Credit Agency)
Ferguson plc / Stark Group
Marlin Equity Partners
Stronghold / Newsec
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
- Assisted Agilitas 2015 Private Equity Fund with the employment aspects of its acquisition of Teracom and Digital Radio Teracom.
- Advised Nordic Capital on all the employment aspects of its sale of 100% of the shares in the Unifeeder Group.
- Assisted EQT Fund VI and its portfolio company Sivantos with its merger with Widex.
Recent work for Accura Advokatpartnerselskab includes structuring, drafting and implementing cash-based and equity-based incentive schemes, acting in employment disputes and advising on M&A-related employment matters. Other areas of expertise include assisting with the negotiation of management participation programmes, collective bargaining issues and strategic hiring considerations. Nicolai Hesgaard joined from Elmann in early 2019 and jointly leads the practice with reorganisation expert Morten Langer, who joined from Norrbom Vinding.
Morten Langer; Nicolai Hesgaard
Nicolai Hesgaard is very experienced, pragmatic and responsive, even with the tight deadlines that can apply to our international projects. He is always able to look past the legal issues to the wider market commercial context. We appreciate his constructive approach to problem-solving. We work in a variety of sectors, but particularly rate Nicolai’s knowledge in the technology sector
Fast, flexible and business-minded approach
Morten Langer possesses cutting-edge qualities, especially in executive remuneration and incentives work. As a client, it is a pleasure to get recommendations which are to the point and easy to implement in practice
Nicolai Hesgaard is always there when we need him. His advice is always to the point and he always recommends the shortest route from problem to solution
Hapaq-LIoyd (Sweden) AB
VIU VENTURES AG
Redning Danmark A/S
Wright Medical Group N.V.
Merck Sharp & Dohme
Fritz Schur Group
- Advised Nykredit on the employment aspects of its acquisition of Sparinvest Holdings and its subsidiaries.
- Assisted Leo Pharma with the transfer of 530 sales and marketing employees in the US and 14 other countries.
- Advised AKA on the dismissal of a CEO and the related investigations.
Bruun & Hjejle focuses on the employment elements of M&A transactions and is also experienced in the assessment of restructuring and rationalisation procedures and employee-related financial sector regulations. The practice also has expertise in international recruitment matters and contentious employment proceedings. Practice head Elise Ross-Hansen is a negotiator, litigator and trained mediator, who assists with incentives schemes and business transfers.
Great availability, precise answers. Gets things done
My experience is that good advice was given, and they were open for discussions to check and test the framework and to look at our options
They are commercially minded, very result-oriented and proactive
The individuals had time to let us tell us our version first, and our reflections and thoughts. Then they validated that according to law framework and gave advice on the way forward. Instead of dictating, she also took time to make sure we understood the framework so that we can do some manoeuvring ourselves
Danske Bank A/S
Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP)
PKA Pension and PKA AIP
A.P. Moller Holding A/S
Danske Shopping Centres, owned by ATP and Danica Pension
First State Investment
Evolva Biotech AB
- Assisting Salini Impregilo/Copenhagen Metro Team with collective bargaining work and litigation relating to the Copenhagen Cityringen Metro Project and the related sub-contractor issues.
- Acted for First State Investments and Hermes Investment Management on the employment aspects of the acquisition of a 65% stake in Scandlines, the operator of the two ferry routes.
- Assisting Evolva with the Danish employment issues relating to a site consolidation, which will centralise research and development activities at its headquarters in Switzerland, and the related group management restructuring.
DLA Piper Denmark regularly assists employers with the employment aspects of M&A and transactional work, outsourcings, incentive schemes, data protection issues and negotiations with trade unions; the group also handles collective agreements, injunction proceedings and disputes before the Labour Court. Practice head Nina Wedsted has experience in share-option plans, restrictive covenants and dismissals in the financial services, transport, maritime, wind power, IT, consultancy and pharmaceuticals industries.
Excellent at solving problems in a complex organisational environment
The team is extremely professional and their network and expertise across the world are impressive. DLA Piper has the most extensive network of all law firms in Denmark. Very impressive
Available with short notice when needed with well-founded advice
Very knowledgeable of all terms within Danish labour law. Partners possess very strong litigation skills
The team is extremely service-oriented, understands the problem immediately and quickly finds solutions. They are also well-informed and up to date on new legislation
High-quality advice and documentation. High flexibility and availability
DB Cargo A/S
Jaco Supermarkeder A/S
- Represented KMD in a labour arbitration case against the union HK.
- Assisted Dansk Sygeplejeråd (DNO) with the dismissal of an executive responsible for 75,000 nurses in Copenhagen.
- Advised DB Cargo on new HR policies applicable to all 400 employees working in Denmark.
The employment practice at IUNO primarily acts for employers and handles cross-border employment work and reviews of compensation and benefit policies. Other key areas of expertise include the protection of personal employee data, health and safety regulations and the labour aspects of M&A transactions. Practice head Anders Etgen Reitz works across the Nordic countries and regularly advises on business transfers, redundancies and restructuring measures.
Anders Etgen Reitz
Poul Schmith has a substantial track record acting for public institutions and employers on labour law issues including disputes regarding workplace discrimination and equal treatment matters. The group has expertise in employment litigation and arbitration as well as the employment aspects of public procurement matters. Jonas Blegvad Jensens joined from Kromann Reumert in early 2020. Lene Damkjær Christensen departed to Damkjær Lauritzen Advokatfirma and Niels Banke also left.
Kammeradvokaten / Poul Schmith is unique because the organisation is able to help in any kind of question in order to handle problems with employees. They can always provide an expert in the specific matter
It is a great pleasure to work with the firm. The team is incredibly professional, and they are skilful communicators who are capable of creating a safe and clear setting for the work and the legal assistance we require. During the course of the matter we have experienced great professionalism from all sides
High quality and quick legal and practical advice. Unique understanding of the public sector and the framework that the public sector operates within, including the political context
The practice is driven by an in-depth knowledge of the public sector and therefore extremely useful
The firm has distinguished itself at a very high professional level. It includes both personnel law and administrative law. The law firm Kammeradvokaten / Poul Schmith has fully lived up to the high expectations in this area
They know a great deal about the workplace and its structural context
Associate Sofie Marner has supplied us with crucial and ground-breaking advice at numerous times
The Ministry for Children and Social Affairs
The Danish Agency for Labour Market and Recruitment (STAR)
The Board of Equal Treatment
The University of Copenhagen
VUC Syd S/I
The Agency for Modernisation
The Board of Equal Treatment
The Board of Equal Treatment
The Ministry of Employment
The Agency for Modernisation
The Ministry of Justice
The Ministry of Employment
The Danish Building and Property Agency
- Assisted The Ministry for Children and Social Affairs with an investigation relating to a fraud case in the National Board of Health and Welfare.
- Assisted the Danish Agency for Labour Market and Recruitment (STAR) with an inspection of the Danish unemployment fund Akademikernes A-kasse.
- Acted for the Danish Board of Equal Treatment before the District Court acting as agent for a dismissed single mother.
Skau Reipurth & Partnere provides regulatory advice and assists with the drafting and negotiation of collective agreements for white-collar unions. Frederik Brocks and Bo Enevold Uhrenfeldt jointly head up the practice and advise on the rights of international workers and the interpretation of collective agreements; the group also represents clients before labour courts, the Danish Board of Dismissals and industrial arbitration tribunals.
Frederik Brocks; Bo Enevold Uhrenfeldt
Great team – in my experience the only team in the Danish market that are also truly skilled in international employment law and at the same time are able to provide practical solutions for their clients on such technical matters
Frederik Brocks provides really valuable solutions to his clients and at the same time is a master of perfection to understand all the other legal and commercial aspects that the best solution needs to take into account
Total Exploration and Production Denmark A/S
Total Upstream Danmark A/S
The Association of Danish Physiotherapists
KPMG Acor Tax
BIC Electric Sp. z.o.o.
A.P. Møller Holding A/S
DM – Dansk Magisterforening
Pack Tech A/S
Danish Dental Association
Mærsk Drilling A/S
Fjernvarme Horsens A/S
Dagbladet Børsen A/S
Servicefirmaet Renell A/S
A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S
Nordic Sugar A/S
- Assisting Itinera with several employment matters including sub contracts and lease agreements.
- Assisting KPMG Acor Tax with employment and labour law matters.
- Assisting A.P. Møller – Mærsk with several employment and labour law matters.
The employment practice at Clemens advises on a range of contentious and non-contentious matters including personal data protection work, incentive compensation schemes including share-based remuneration schemes and bonuses, and the employment aspects of M&A transactions, outsourcings and post-termination activities. Practice co-heads Tommy Angermair and Mette Neve act for employers against employee post-termination activities and assist corporations with employment matters arising from domestic and cross-border restructurings.
Tommy Angermair; Mette Neve
They actually offer clear advice, and not just risk assessment
Professionalism is broad and matches our needs
The availability is great and so is the flexibility. Very important to me and our company. We have won a lawsuit that is important to us in principle against a former employee and this was a highlight of our collaboration
Tommy is a great partner who is always available for a view point
Heidrick & Struggles
- Assisting a retailer with the Danish aspects of an EMEA-wide restructuring of its management organisation including advice on the rights of termination and leaver rights in share-based incentive schemes.
- Acted for an airline in an industrial dispute with different unions trying to impose collective bargaining agreements.
- Assisting an airline with its global HR compliance efforts.
The employment practice at Elmann has domestic and international companies on its clients roster and handles the drafting and negotiation of employment contracts, redundancies, bonus work, incentive schemes and severance agreements. The practice also assists with the establishment and operation of whistleblower hotlines and represents clients in investigations, litigation and arbitration proceedings. Group leader Henrik Græsdal primarily advises public sector clients and employers’ associations. Nicolai Hesgaard departed to Accura Advokatpartnerselskab in early 2019.
Other key lawyers:
Stine Bernt Stryhn
Regional authority for Southern Denmark
The municipality of Vordingborg
- Assisting Vapiano with all the employment aspects of opening and running its first two restaurants in Denmark including advising on immigration law and preparing standard contracts.
- Acting for the Region of Southern Denmark in two disputes relating to occupational injuries.
- Acted for DUOS in a case relating to user-controlled personal assistance.
Lund Elmer Sandager's non-contentious and contentious employment work for domestic and international companies spans assisting with employee reorganisation issues and drafting and negotiating collective bargaining agreements. Practice head Michael Møller Nielsen has expertise in remuneration issues in the financial sector and also handles pension fund-related employment matters. The group's client roster is notably populated with companies in the aviation, medical, technology and IT, banking and financial services sectors.
Michael Møller Nielsen
Other key lawyers:
Julie Flindt Rasmussen
They return quickly on request and I always appreciate their advice. I trust them and they are extremely professional
The company has a unique approach to its customers including through network meetings. Here it is possible to meet other customers and discuss the challenges you have. For example, in GDPR issues. In addition, the company has the ability to quickly and accurately understand problems and challenges
Excellent at creating a trusting relationship. Excellent at asking us the right questions and finding answers to complex problems. Sharp in legal judgments and rhetoric. Good for making the legal language and content understandable to the layman
The Food and Agriculture Council
B. Braun Medical A/S
Private school of Stenløse (Stenløse privatskole)
- Assisting Globalization Partners with establishing a presence in Denmark and drafting employment contracts for employees in Denmark.
- Assisted Ryanair with its approaches to Danish trade unions to explore the possibility of initiating collective bargaining agreement negotiations for the company’s Danish bases.
- Acting for a managing director in a dispute arising from a bonus agreement under German law.
Lundgrens acts for a client roster of listed companies, executives, public authorities and organisations on recruitment and dismissal issues, and employee remuneration mandates including incentives, bonuses and share-based remuneration schemes; the department is also experienced in handling workplace discrimination disputes and post-termination restriction work. Practice head Anne Marie Abrahamson regularly advises on the employment-related aspects of M&A transactions, business transfer issues and the negotiation of collective agreements.
Anne Marie Abrahamson
Anne Marie Abrahamson is a good and experienced lawyer, who we only can recommend
Amazon UK Services Limited
AON Denmark A/S
Sealed Air Denmark A/S
Løgismose Meyer Group ApS
Stryker AB, Danish branch
Danish Multiple Sclerosis Society
Paul Smith ApS
Eltel Networks A/S
- Advising Amazon UK Services on different aspects of employment law.
- Advising Miele on its employment law requirements.
- Advising AON Denmark on different aspects of Danish employment law.
Magnusson Advokatfirma acts for a diverse roster of employer clients in litigation and collective bargaining cases, and also assists with labour due diligence relating to M&A projects. The group also handles restructuring projects and misconduct investigations, employment contract issues and the implementation of senior executive incentive schemes. Practice head Tom Froberg regularly advises on the negotiation of collective agreements and represents clients in contentious mass redundancy situations.
Other key lawyers:
Nikolaj Juhl Hansen
Global PEO Services
Wuhan Troowin Power Systems
Royal Air Maroc
Brandiators Holding ApS
IRD Fuel Services
IVC Acquisition (Evidensia)
Polaric Semiconductor IVS
Illinois Tool Works
Boligforeningernes Administrationskontor ApS
Cornerstone OnDemand Ltd.
GF Money Consumer Finance OY
- Advising Conning on due diligence issues and the drafting of its management contracts.
- Advising Novenco Marine on the regulatory requirements relating to the recruitment of a CEO in its Chinese subsidiary.
- Advising Unity Well Denmark on its hiring and termination employment contracts.
Nielsen Nørager is a key name for assisting client with drafting and negotiating collective agreements and also advises on matters relating to the termination of employment contracts on an individual and collective basis. The team is jointly led by Thomas Mygind and Niels Henrik Nielsen, who regularly advise on the implementation of equal treatment clauses and incentive programmes.
Thomas Mygind; Niels Henrik Nielsen
NJORD Law Firm advises its employer client list on the implementation of incentive schemes, litigation arising from the misuse of business secrets and the drafting and negotiation of management contracts and associated bonus schemes. The department also has expertise in data protection regulations and assists with negotiations with unions relating to corporate reorganisations. Practice head Miriam Michaelsen is also an expert in discrimination claims.
LSG Sky Chefs Group
Gerry Weber Denmark ApS and Gerry Weber Group, Germany
REMS GmbH & Co. KG and REMS Scandinavia A/S
Staedtler Nordic A/S
Sennheiser Nordic A/S
- Providing LSG Sky Chefs Group with ongoing advice on individual and collective employment law matters.
- Providing Gerry Weber Denmark and Gerry Weber Group Germany with ongoing employment advice including handling labour disputes and providing restructuring support.
- Providing REMS GmbH & Co. KG and its Danish subsidiary REMS Scandinavia with ongoing advice on employment, corporate and commercial matters.
SIRIUS advokater is praised for its expertise in contentious employment matters including investigations and compliance issues, and also represents clients in litigation, mediation and arbitration proceedings relating to severance agreements and the termination of employment contracts. Pernille Backhausen and Benjamin Lundström jointly lead the practice, which also advises on executive compensation and benefits matters, and restructuring procedures.
Pernille Backhausen; Benjamin Lundström
Other key lawyers:
Helle Nøhr Larsen
Best legal advice on HR and employment issues; transparent and reasonable billing practice
A forward thinking and dynamic firm with a modern approach to law
Excellent, knowledgeable and very prompt to respond
Benjamin Lundström is a highly knowledgeable, professional and likeable top lawyer. Highly focused on client interest, speed and quality
Benjamin Lundström is a strong litigator and very bright
Roskilde Festival and Roskilde Festival Charity Society
BLS Capital Group
The Danish School for Authors
SAS Institute A/S
PROSA labour union
- Advising KODA on employment-related matters including strategical assistance with collective bargaining agreements.
- Advising Roskilde Festival on all its employment issues including matters relating to independent contractors.
- Advised Medpro Group on employment matters arising from restructuring procedures.
Bird & Bird Advokatpartnerselskab is praised for its advice on employment issues arising from post-merger integrations and restructurings and also handles mass redundancies, collective bargaining mandates and employment disputes. Practice head Søren Narv Pedersen has expertise in restrictive covenants, bonus and incentive scheme programmes and immigration compliance work.
Søren Narv Pedersen
Other key lawyers:
Henning Hedegaard Thomsen; Poul Guo
Very quick responses to requests, although we are located in another country. Openness to negotiate on fair pricing of services. As a client we also experienced that Bird & Bird is internally well-aligned to meet our requests
Always professional and fast responses. Quality is at a high level, and all cases we have had have been solved perfectly
The ability to work cross border is a tremendous advantage for a global company
We worked predominantly with Søren Narv Pedersen, who was very approachable and energetic
Søren Narv Pedersen has been our lawyer for more than 12 years now, and we are very satisfied with his know-how and skills
Hotri Storkøkken A/S
Dansk Ornitologisk Forening
Th. Geyer Denmark ApS
Phoenix Contact A/S
- Assisting a telecoms company with ongoing employment law issues including negotiating collective agreements and local agreements with labour unions.
- Advising Agillic on various warrant programmes.
- Assisting Hotri Storkøkken with various employment issues.
The employment practice at Moalem Weitemeyer Bendtsen counts business owners, boards of directors and management-level individuals as clients, and advises on the development of incentive schemes, M&A-related employment matters and the establishment of whistle-blower hotlines and GDPR compliance programmes. Pernille Nørkær heads up the department and handles business transfers, non-competition and non-solicitation issues and equal treatment matters.
The team is highly skilled, always available and delivers high-quality work. They have a very short turnaround from brief to delivery, which is really valuable for us. Besides, they are genuinely nice people, too. I can give them my best recommendations
The team has a pragmatic approach which is really important to us. Their advice is very solution-oriented, and they always reply very quickly
I have worked with Pernille Nørkær in employment cases, and she has great experience within this area. She gives solutions-oriented advice, and she also has a good business understanding
North-East Venture ApS
Shape Robotics ApS
Birger Christensen A/S
Espresso House A/S
Permobil Danmark A/S
Lars Larsen Watches A/S
GN Store Nord A/S
FC Nordsjælland A/S
DAY Birger Et Mikkelsen A/S
Chr. Olesen A/S
Littebits Electronic Inc.
Zwilling J. A. Henckels Scandinavia A/S
Taipei Representative Office in Denmark
Reflexis Systems Inc.
- Assisting Shade with a warrant programme and employment matters relating to its incentive programme.
- Assisting Chabs with a warrant programme and employee incentive matters.