The ‘top-flight‘ real estate lawyers at Campos Mello Advogados in cooperation with DLA Piper ‘know the business dynamics of the local markets in Brazil‘. The team continues to play an important role in Brazil’s real estate market, not only in transactions and development projects, but also in the country’s regulations. This was demonstrated by partner Rafael Jordão Bussière, who returned to the firm following a stint working for the Brazilian government, which included a role in modernising the legal framework governing the sale of federal land. Other key partners include practice co-heads Bernardo Buarque Schiller, who is especially experienced in strategic property developments, and Ivandro Ristum Trevelim, who advises on transactional and construction issues. Managing partner Fabio Perrone Campos Mello is also active in this area. June 2021 saw the arrival of Maria Eduarda Bérgamo to the firm from BMA – Barbosa, Müssnich, Aragão.
Real estate in Brazil
Bernardo Buarque Schiller; Fabio Campos Mello; Ivandro Ristum Trevelim; Rafael Bussière
‘The Campos Mello real estate practice is composed of top flight practitioners. In addition to being the highest quality RE lawyers, they know the business dynamics of the local markets in Brazil. Moreover, they also are incredibly responsive to clients’ needs. I have nothing but the highest regard for Fabio Campos Mello and Ivandro Trevelim.’
‘Highly qualified team with know-how of transfers of real estate in Brazil, led by the partner Rafael Bussiere.’
‘Rafael Jordan Bussiere – Great professional, very engaged and competent.’
Amazon Web Services
Vinci Real Estate
Concessionária Aeroporto Rio de Janeiro (RIOgaleão)
The Walt Disney Company
GB Armazéns Gerais
Uber do Brazil
- Advised Vinci Shopping Centers Fundo De Investimento Imobiliário – FII on the potential acquisition of a 100% stake in Shopping Praia da Costa, in Vila Velha.
- Advised Marriott International on the hotel and residential components of a new luxury project in southern Brazil.
- Advising Uber do Brasil on several real estate agreements related to its operation.
Duarte Garcia, Serra Netto e Terra Advogados
Duarte Garcia, Serra Netto e Terra Advogados has a leading reputation for real estate advice and litigation. This includes major acquisitions and development projects, registration rectification, financings and related capital markets work. Founding partner Marcelo Terra has over 40 years' experience and remains one of the best-known lawyers in the market. Guilherme Caffaro Terra is active on the transactional and capital markets side, while the versatile Natália Japur handles non-contentious and contentious matters, alongside José Carlos Baptista Puoli, who is also busy on the disputes side. The firm also has several newer partners coming through the ranks, including Helena Mendonça de Toledo Arruda in debt and capital markets, and Natalie Collet Feitosa Lange in real estate transactions.
Marcelo Terra; Guilherme Caffaro Terra
‘The firm stands out in the real estate area in Brazil. It is a reference in technical and legal knowledge.’
‘The team is technical and prepared for support in transactions. They have ease of getting involved in the commercial issues involving the business, which helps a lot.’
‘Marcelo Terra, for his incomparable knowledge of real estate law. Guilherme Terra for understanding the business of customers and understanding the concept of partnership. Gabriel Bortolato, extremely dedicated lawyer, with good level and great focus on diligence. Helena Arruda for her good technical level and knowledge of capital market regulation.’
Construtora Andrade Gutierrez
Credit Suisse Hedging Griffo
Sdi Desenvolvimento Imobiliário
- Successfully represented Tegra Incorporadora in a case concerning a permit to continue the construction of a condominium project.
- Assisted Tecnisa in a R$165m lawsuit concerning a commercial partnership agreement for development projects.
- Represented Setin and Cyrela in a R$181m dispute concerning allegedly unpaid profits linked to a real estate project.
Gustavo Padilha Advogados Associados
Gustavo Padilha Advogados Associados has established itself as one of the leading firms for commercial real estate advice. The firm is a regular presence on major acquisitions and development projects, where it represents a broad mix of investors and developers. Key individuals include founding partner Gustavo Pinheiro Guimarães Padilha and Luciana Campos Palermo.
Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr. e Quiroga Advogados has a broad real estate offering that reflects the firm's full-service capabilities. The team's workload regularly crosses over into related areas such as corporate, finance and capital markets, which are often key in complex transactions. Its clients include major funds, banks and corporate investors, with interests across the full range of asset classes, including logistics, healthcare, offices, retail, residential, energy and agribusiness. Lead partners include Rossana Fernandes Duarte, who has over 30 years' experience advising on urban and rural land acquisitions, sales and financings, Fernando Amendola, Mariana Cobra and Janaína de Cássia Gomes Vargas, who is especially active in the agribusiness and timberland sectors.
‘Rossana Fernandes and Janaína Vargas are recommended.’
Arauco do Brasil
CAOA (Real Estate)
Capital Brasileiro (CB)
Grupo Casa Bahia
- Advised Grupo CB – Casas Bahia Comercial (Michel Klein) in a highly disputed bid process to sell a R$1.5bn block of seven high-end logistics warehouses.
- Advised Advent and Walmart US on their divestment of two high-end logistics warehouses in the states of Minas Gerais and São Paulo.
- Advised Brookfield on the R$1bn+ sale of the B Tower of WT Morumbi Corporate Tower, a high-end, 29-story class AAA office property in São Paulo.
Leading boutique PMK Advogados offers a comprehensive real estate service that puts it firmly at the top of the market. The 'extremely proactive and efficient team' advises across property sales, acquisitions and development agreements, through to related financings, capital markets and corporate joint ventures. The firm's client base is equally broad, with developers, investors, major corporates and asset managers all regularly instructing the firm. Founder Fernando Maximiano leads the team and represents major residential and commercial building developers. Sérgio Kawasaki, Rafael Gobbi and Rafael Zanini França handle corporate transactions and related tax matters, while Rafael Magalhães Florence is the firm's main litigator. Allan de Crocci Souza heads the firm's well-regarded banking and capital markets team.
‘High commitment and delivery. Excellent performance and advice, follows the subjects closely and always contributes in a relevant way that adds value to the operation.’
‘The firm offers a service of excellence, with an extremely proactive and efficient team.’
‘Fernando Maximiano – great expertise in real estate law and capital markets, so that effectively engages in operations. Renata Rugna – extremely technical, without losing sight of the importance of operations and practical / operational aspects for the commercial side.’
RB Capital Investimentos
Vinci Real Estate Gestora de Recursos (Vinci Partners)
JIVE Asset Gestão de Recursos
Brookfield Property Group
- Advising Kinea Investimentos on its investment, with Lindenberg São Paulo Incorporadora, in a real estate development in São Paulo.
- Represented RB Capital Investimentos in its R$105m acquisition of the Morumbi Building in São Paulo from Brookfield Property Group.
- Advised Vinci Logística Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário – FII, a real estate investment fund under management by Vinci Partners, on its acquisition of an 80% stake in the Parque Logístico Osasco real estate development.
Veirano Advogados 'stands out for its technical quality, innovation in the performance of solutions and for the treatment and attention dedicated to the client'. The dedicated real estate team has an impressively varied workload; recent mandates have ranged from assisting with the privatisation of federal public assets and advising real estate funds on transactional and structural fundraising issues. This has included development projects and sales and acquisitions, in the hospitality and retail sectors, both of which were badly affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. The firm has also developed a strong niche in logistics, infrastructure, healthcare and senior living assets, and also provides advice to proptechs. Raphael Moreira Espírito Santo and Rodrigo de Castro jointly lead the team from São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro respectively. Senior associate Bruno Aronne is also well regarded.
Rodrigo de Castro; Raphael Moreira Espirito Santo
‘Goodwill, attention, competence and availability of the partners and associate lawyers.’
‘The real estate team of Veirano Advogados, led by the partners Rodrigo de Castro and Raphael Moreira, stands out for its technical quality, innovation in the performance of solutions and mainly for the treatment and attention they dedicate to the client.’
‘Rodrigo de Castro, for his technical excellence and dedication, attention and reactivity with the client; and Raphael Moreira for the commercial partnership with the client, always presenting creative and efficient solutions for the problems presented.’
‘Bruno Aronne, competent lawyer, attentive and helpful.’
Cerberus South American
Jive Asset Management
IRB Brasil Resseguros
Brazil Hospitality Group – BHG Hotels
- Advising the Brazilian Army in the development of a residential project in Brasilia, in which it intends to exchange its ownership of the land for the construction of barracks and military hospitals.
- Advising Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, a company from the Intercontinental Hotels Group, in establishing the Six Senses Botanique Hotel at Campos do Jordão.
- Advised BlueMacaw Logistica on the acquisition of a company from Goodman’s group that owns a logistics centre in Rio de Janeiro, currently leased to Via Varejo.
Bicalho ADV is a well-respected choice for high-end real estate advice in Brazil. Despite the departure of former partner Luciano Mollica, (the firm was previously called Bicalho e Mollica Advogados), the team retains a strong standing, particularly for real estate-related corporate, environmental, litigation, tax and capital markets matters. Name partner Rodrigo Bicalho is a name to note.
BMA – Barbosa, Müssnich, Aragão has made strong inroads into the Brazilian real estate market, where it offers expertise on major industrial, logistics, retail, residential and commercial office deals and development projects. Client’s benefit from the vast experience of Cristiana Moreira in Rio de Janeiro, who is especially strong on the transactional and development side, and São Paulo’s Cristiane Mamprin, who brings considerable corporate knowledge, particularly on related joint ventures and fund structures. Guilherme Zoghbi Ayala is noted for his transactional and tax advice. Maria Eduarda Bérgamo left the firm in June 2021.
Cristiana Moreira; Cristiane Mamprin; Guilherme Ayala
‘Highly qualified and trained staff. They know how to deal very well with complex issues and have high competence in the negotiation.’
‘The firm provides a good full service with qualified professionals.’
‘The BMA real estate team, led by Guilherme Ayala, is competent, hands-on and accessable. It is a team that seeks to understand in detail the problems of its clients, providing creative and at the same time objective advice.’
‘Cristiana Moreira and Camila Mallet: Dedication, depth, business oriented.’
‘Guilherme Ayala is a very distinguished professional, not only for his professional competence and technical knowledge, but also for his dedication, humility and easy communication.’
‘Cristiana Moreira – exceptional lawyer, works with mastery. Full knowledge of the law and knows how to conduct the operations very well. Complete. Cristiane Mamprim – excellent lawyer, very good negotiator, charisma and a great real estate knowledge.’
Rio Bravo Investimentos
GLP – Global Logistic Properties
Confederação Brasileira de Futebol
Tenda Negócios Imobiliários
São Carlos Empreendimentos e Participações
Core Real Estate
- Assisted real estate funds managed by BTG Pactual on the R$1bn acquisition of EZTB Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário, owner of EZ Towers Building, a commercial building in São Paulo.
- Advised Atacadão in the R$1.95bn acquisition of 30 cash and carry stores (including the ownership of 22 and rental of 8) and 14 gas stations operated by Makro in 17 Brazilian states.
- Advised XP Investimentos on the acquisition of an area owned by JHSF with approximately 705,000sqm located in the Parque Catarina complex (São Paulo), where the Bioma XP project will be developed.
Demarest Advogados has a diverse offering and is equally adept advising on development agreements and corporate and funds transactions. The team counts investors, landowners and joint venture companies among its clients, which seek advice on logistics and industrial facilities, office buildings, residential developments, forestry and agribusiness matters. The firm has also been active in the capital markets arena, assisting with the IPOs of several new funds and proptech companies, including Loft and QuintoAndar. The team is jointly led by Lucas Tavares Bueno and Marc Stalder, who both have active transactional practices. Thiago Giantomassi is the main contact for real estate finance and capital markets.
Lucas Tavares Bueno; Thiago Giantomassi; Marc Stalder
‘Very strong team. We experience the team as very proactive and professional project partners always eager to join us for the extra mile. We receive timely responses to inquiries and deadlines and we feel at all times very well advised. Collaboration and communication with all team members is excellent and very efficient. We appreciate very much our collaboration.’
‘Marc Stalder’s team is very efficient, presenting information in natural language and with attention to detail.’
‘It has highly qualified staff, who can clarify the issues very clearly.’
‘Marc Stalder is a complete professional and he has several hard skills and soft skills that make him different from other professionals in the area.’
‘Marc Stalder is a valuable lawyer with decades of expertise in real estate transactions and support to different demands from various areas of our business.’
Emusa do Brasil
White Martins Gases Industriais
7 Bridges Brazil
Credit Suisse Hedging Griffo
Procter & Gamble
MGB Group Mambo Supermercados
- Advised LATAM on real estate issues in Brazil relating to the debtor-in-possession agreements, in the context of its Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Assisted Brazil’s largest proptech unicorns (Loft and QuintoAndar) on key matters for the development of their activities and funding.
- Advised Votorantim Energia on a title issue relating to solar power plants located in Piauí State.
Huck, Otranto, Camargo Advogados has an impressive multidisciplinary practice, which regularly advises on urban and rural transactions and development projects. The Covid-19 pandemic saw the firm providing considerable support to corporate leaseholders, including clients such as food and beverage company CIATC Comércio de Alimentos, on the renegotiation of leases. Versatile practice head Estela Maria Lemos Monteiro Soares de Camargo has nearly 40 years' market experience. Thomaz Henrique Monteiro Whately regularly assists developers and investors on urban land acquisitions, while Thalita Duarte Henriques Pinto is particularly strong on rural real estate issues.
Estela Maria Lemos Monteiro Soares de Camargo
‘Huck Otranto Camargo adopts a model of organisation itself, based on a strong culture of society, total transparency and sense of responsibility, allied to trust and respect. We have shared access to lawyers responsible for our cases.’
‘Market knowledge. When necessary, commercial approach with legal content.’
‘Thomaz Whately is recommended.’
Sympla Internet Soluções
GA Yustrich Participações
Shift Gestão Empresarial
Sollus Gestora de Terras
CB Richard Ellis
Assupero – Associação Unificada de Ensino Renovado Objetivo
Porto Seguro Companhia de Seguros Gerais
Agropecuária Fazenda Brasil (AFB)
Companhia Tradicional de Comércio (CIATC)
- Provided assistance to CIATC Comércio de Alimentos on the preparation of lease agreements for setting up the group’s new commercial establishments.
- Provides regular advice to Insolo on high-value transactions and contractual structures.
- Advising JJR Construtora on the preparation and negotiation of deeds and land exchange agreements for real estate development projects.
KLA Advogados is a popular choice for complex real estate transactions and high-value development projects. The firm fields a sizeable team, including Pedro Cortez, who has over 45 years of experience in the market, Mariana Cortez, who brings plenty of corporate experience on related transactions, and Tomaz Matheus, whose varied practice includes high-end rural and agribusiness investments. The firm was involved in several high-profile built-to-suit and sale and leaseback transactions during 2020. The practice also has a strong finance offering.
Pedro Cortez; Tomaz Matheus; Mariana Cortez; Rodrigo Pontes
‘The partners are exceptional and always get involved in transactions. The litigation team deserves to be highlighted.’
‘I would highlight Tomaz Matheus and Carla Fernandes.‘
‘Legal knowledge and experience in the field and related topics.’
‘Tiago Machado Cortez, Mariana Cortez, Taisa Oliveira and Mario Fioratti are recommended.’
‘Team leadership, major real estate projects, full service team, quality service and return.’
SDI Desenvolvimento Imobiliário
Fundação Itaipú Brasil – FIBRA
Cia. Brasileira de Distribuição
Radar Propriedades Agrícolas
Paes & Gregori
Paula Eduardo Incorporadora
Jive Asset Managment
- Advised Suzano on a R$1.05bn sale of real estate, including timberland to Bracell.
- Advised Companhia Brasileira de Distribuição and its subsidiary, Sendas Distribuidora (jointly, GPA), on a R$1.2bn sale and leaseback transaction with investment funds administrated by BRL Trust Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários and managed by TRX Gestora de Recursos.
- Assisted GPA on the R$95m sale of three stores located in the city of Curitiba to Cia Beal de Alimentos.
Pinheiro Neto Advogados‘ team of real estate partners combines an even mix of contentious, non-contentious and regulatory expertise. The disputes side of the practice is handled by Júlio César Bueno, who is especially experienced in construction, projects and procurement-related claims, and Luis Celso Cecilio Leite Ribeiro, who represents clients in environmental disputes (as well as advisory issues) and broader real estate litigation. This is complemented by the firm’s impressive transactional offering, which includes joint ventures, capital markets and financings, as well as development projects and sales and acquisitions. Key partners here include Luciano Garcia Rossi, who has practised at the firm for 30 years, and Franco Musetti Grotti, a partner since 2012. The department also has several well-regarded associates, including Marianna Morselli. Since publication, Fabio Pinto has been promoted to the partnership, effective January 2022.
‘The team’s strength is their deep expertise in real estate structures in the region and the ability to provide a tailored and precise advisory service in conjunction with their internal departments.’
‘The team was really committed with the transaction. They are well-qualified and prepared. Special attention to Martina Zajaoff and Guilherme Piza.’
‘The real estate team is one of the most respected in Brazil, serving investment funds and property companies in their real estate transactions in Brazil. Its history of decades acting in the most emblematic cases brings great comfort to the customer.’
‘Franco Grotti, for his attention, technical knowledge and perception of the customer’s needs.’
‘Fabio Pinto – Always available, technically brilliant and always involved in Brazilian legislative innovations, he is certainly a reference for us in real estate, both in transactions and in real estate financing.’
BSP Empreendimentos Imobiliários
TRG (The Rohatyn Group)
- Advised Carrefour and Imopar Participações on the renegotiation of a commitment to exchange part of a real estate property in São Paulo for future units to be developed by Odebrecht Group within the mixed-use complex Projeto Pinheiros.
- Advised Credit Suisse Hedging Griffo on the acquisition, from Goodman Group, of 100% of the shares of two companies holding logistics warehouses in Itupeva and Betim.
- Assisted Proterra Investment Partners, through its investment vehicles, in a structured acquisition of farmland in the state of Mato Grosso, intended for exploitation of agricultural crops, from GCAP – Grupo Carlos Alberto Polato.
Stocche Forbes Advogados offers a broad range of real estate expertise, including in both rural and urban investments. Practice head Alexandre Laizo Clápis has over 20 years' experience advising on real estate joint ventures and major acquisitions and development projects across the full range of asset classes, including mixed-use, residential, logistics, industrial, hospitality and retail. Recently promoted partner Vilmar Lima Carreiro Filho has also developed a good reputation for rural real estate and agricultural matters, including related environmental advice. Former partner Fernanda Rosa left the firm in December 2020.
Alexandre Laizo Clápis
‘Team with technical knowledge that is a differential in the market.’
‘Alexandre Clapis is a great reference in the area, has a huge knowledge of the dynamics of the market, the operation of institutions, trends, innovations, a professional who is always ahead of competition.’
Hemisfério Sul Investimentos
Xp Asset Management
Longping High-Tech Sementes & Biotecnologia
Brasilagro – Companhia Brasileira De Propriedades Agrícolas
Superfrio Armazéns Gerais
Ibm Brasil Indústria, Máquinas e Serviços
Credit Suisse Hedging Griffo
GLP – Global Logistics Properties
São Carlos Empreendimentos e Participações
Construtora São José
HMC – Harvard Management Company
- Advised JS Real Estate Multigestão FII, represented by Banco J. Safra, on the purchase of a R$1.05bn 100% stake in the Tower Bridge Corporate mixed-use development from Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário.
- Advised a real estate fund managed by Fram Capital – Gestão de Ativos and a company related to Construtora São José Desenvolvimento Imobiliário on the acquisition of industrial real estate located in São Bernardo do Campo from Ford Company Brasil.
- Advised XP Properties Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário – FII on the acquisition of a 100% stake in REC 2018 II Empreendimentos e Participações, owner of commercial units in the iTower building.
Tauil & Chequer Advogados has a comprehensive real estate practice with an impressive track record in advising on high-value acquisitions and developments, as well as related joint ventures and corporate deals. Its clients include major real estate developers and investment funds, and in 2020 the firm advised on several high-profile acquisitions of logistics and office buildings. Residential development work was another area of activity. Practice head José Paulo Marzagão has over 20 years' experience in the market and is often sought out by major investors on cutting-edge transactions. He is backed by a strong team, which includes partner Ludmila Arruda Braga and senior counsel Jessica Queiroz.
José Paulo Marzagão
‘TCMB combines a highly qualified team, end-to-end, from the partners to the trainees, with indisputable technical quality, to an extreme availability and readiness of care. The partners actively participate in the projects, are present, and know with wealth of detail the segment of the client, its culture and internal particularities. Added to this is the impeccable way they deal with the client, and the work of nourishing the client by nurturing a kind of partnership with the client.’
‘The quality of the service provided is excellent, with wide experience in the real state sector. They are knowledgeable about the market and properly in the construction/real estate business, combined with the ability/knowledge of M&A transactions.’
‘Ludmila Braga is without a doubt, a professional who puts herself at the entire disposal of the client, seeks innovative solutions and has an exceptional drive in the conduct of themes and solutions.’
‘Julian Rillo – excellent, charismatic, great knowledge and knows how to negotiate well.’
Tishman Speyer Properties
Cyrela Commercial Properties
Iguatemi Empresas de Shopping Center
M3 Capital Partners
Radar Propriedades Agrícolas
Basilica Partners Private Equity
Bluecap Gestão De Recursos
ETOILE Desenvolvimento Imobiliário
Exeter Property Group
- Assisted Tishman Speyer as the real estate developer and manager in the retrofit of Condomínio São Luis, a well-known real estate complex in São Paulo.
- Advised CPP Investments on the expansion of real estate investment fund FII Snowbird, a platform and partnership first created by CPP Investments and Cyrela.
- Assisted Exeter Property Group in establishing a local company in Brazil and structuring, together with XP Asset Management, a real estate investment fund to acquire land and develop logistics projects.
Amaral e Nicolau Advogados has a solid reputation for its comprehensive service in major real estate acquisitions and development projects. This includes advice related to joint venture agreements, rental agreements and negotiations between investors and contractors. The firm is especially active in São Paulo, having recently advised on several high-profile residential and mixed-use development projects. Managing partner José Vicente Amaral Filho is highly experienced on the advisory side, while Júlio Nicolau Filho is the main contact for contentious real estate advice.
José Vicente Amaral Filho; Júlio Nicolau Filho
‘The great differential is personalised service, made directly by the partners.’
‘Very qualified and prepared professionals, always meeting our requests with the highest possible speed.’
‘José Vicente is an exceptional professional, very kind and with high knowledge of all legal topics.’
‘A firm with a lot of experience in real estate. Differentiated technical team, always with solutions. The firm’s risk-taking is a great differential, as it generates many solutions and a clear language.’
‘Availability and agility. The partners are always involved, with many solutions. They are patient and very clear in explaining all the notes and risks. I’d highlight José Vicente Amaral Filho and Douglas Silvestre.’
Munir Abbud Empreendimentos Imobiliários
- Advised Munir Abbud Incorporadora on its acquisition of a 6,100m² site in São Paulo to build a real estate development with residential towers and stores.
- Assisted Tegra Incorporadora on its acquisition of a 2,550m² site in São Paulo to build a real estate development with residential towers and stores.
- Advised Teixeira Duarte on its acquisition of a 4,500m² site for the construction of three towers in the Brooklin Neighborhood, São Paulo.
The full-service real estate team at Cescon Barrieu regularly represents investors in sales, acquisitions, lease agreements and development projects. Marcos Lopes Prado is well known for his work in complex real estate deals, including related M&A and finance. 2020 saw the firm advising on several high-value mandates, including the R$1bn sale of a commercial tower block in São Paulo. The practice also acted on several significant deals in the logistics and retail sectors, including the acquisition of stakes in several major shopping centres.
Marcos Lopes Prado
‘High dedication and availability of the partner and the senior associate combined with access to other specialised partners when needed make a team that can work fast and efficiently because the key persons really know all aspects and angles of the case.’
‘The real estate team provided a very good service. They met our demands in a technically and well-structured way. In addition, we were able to count on other staff to advise us on different levels such taxation, litigation and corporate.’
‘Marcos Lopes Prado – experienced and with vast and positive track record in the market.’
Fundo de Investimento em Participações Multiestratégia Caixa Cyrela
General Shopping & Outlets do Brasil
General Shopping & Outlets do Brasil
Goldman Sachs and Alianza Negócios Imobiliários
Hemisfério Sul Investimentos
Companhia de Participações Aliança da Bahia
- Advised BTG Pactual on the sale of an R$1bn commercial tower with 76 commercial offices in São Paulo.
- Assisted Goldman Sachs and Alianza Negócios Imobiliários in the sale of a 100% stake in an investment fund owner of eight commercial and industrial logistic warehouses located in Cabo de Santo Agostinho to XP Investimentos.
- Advised BR Properties on the R$664m acquisition of Corporate Tower B1 of the Parque da Cidade complex.
Lefosse Advogados has an experienced, multidisciplinary real estate practice that advises on investments, development projects and property management issues. Its clients include major corporate investors, as well as banks and asset management funds. Practice head Andrea Caliento is popular with clients and is noted for her expertise in leading direct and indirect acquisitions and lease negotiations. 2020 saw the firm involved in several high-profile acquisitions in the industrial, commercial office, healthcare, agribusiness and logistics sectors.
‘Good knowledge of the law, availability and accessibility.’
‘Andrea Caliento and André Calumby: Competence, availability, naturalness in dealing.’
Banco BTG Pactual
Cruzeiro do Sul Educacional
Alianza Investimentos Imobiliários
XP Asset Management
Riza CapitalAsset Management
VBI Real Estate
- Advised Bracell SP Celulose in connection with the purchase of R$200m in assets located in Marília, São Paulo state.
- Advised Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário – FII BTG Pactual Corporate Office Fund (BCFund) in the R$810m acquisition of the Diamond Tower, comprising 72 office units, in São Paulo.
- Acted as counsel to BTG Pactual Logística Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário in connection with the R$1.2bn joint acquisition of the former Ford Factory for the development of logistics warehouses.
The ‘very experienced and dedicated professionals‘ at Machado Meyer Sendacz e Opice Advogados are called on to advise clients on high-end real estate matters, including deals with a strong corporate element. In addition to retail, healthcare, hospitality, commercial and residential transactions, the practice is also experienced in transport and energy infrastructure projects. Practice head Maria Flávia Seabra has significant experience in urban and rural investments. Other key partners include Ivana Bomfim and Fatima Tadea Rombola Fonseca. The department was further strengthened by the arrival of real estate specialist Bruno Costa from Azevedo Sette Advogados. Since publication, Costa was promoted to partner, in January 2022.
Maria Flávia Seabra
‘MMSO’s team of specialist lawyers is composed of very experienced and dedicated professionals, who cover all matters of industry with mastery.’
‘First, I would highlight the capacity, knowledge, agility and availability of the head of the real estate area, Maria Flavia Seabra. One of the best lawyers we’ve had the opportunity to work with.’
‘Ivana Bonfim and Larissa Vandjal are recommended.’
Concessionária de Rodovias do Interior Paulista
EIG Management Company
GIC Private Limited
Hines do Brasil Empreendimentos Imobiliários
Ibérica Construções e Incorporações
Multiplan Empreendimentos Imobiliários
Aliansce Sonae Shopping Center
OR Empreendimentos Imobiliários e Participações
Ulbrex Asset Management
Voltalia Energia do Brasil
WestRock, Celulose, Papel e Embalagens
WMB Supermercados do Brasil
- Assisting Braskem in the implementation of a compensation and relocation programme for families affected by the geological damage that occurred to approximately 10,000 properties located in the city of Maceió.
- Assisting LD Celulose on the $1.15bn financing from IDB Invest, IFC and financial institutions guaranteed by Finnvera (Finnish export credit agency) for the implementation of a dissolving wood plant in the state of Minas Gerais.
- Assistance on the sale and leaseback of Arteris’ operation centre, located in the city of Ribeirão Preto.
Romani Advogados is a real estate boutique that is well regarded by developers, investment funds and corporate owners and leaseholders. As well as sales, acquisitions and lease agreements, the team often advises on joint ventures, development projects and land subdivision. Recently, the firm has represented clients in several major disputes linked to development projects and contract terminations. Tarso Romani leads the three-partner team, which also includes Aloísio Santini and Caroline Kok.
Tarso Romani; Aloísio Santini; Carolina Kok
‘A lot of experience in the real estate area. Works very hard in the interests of the client.’
‘They are extremely helpful – Dr. Carolina Kok makes meetings with me in the necessary time and always finds solutions that are easy and simple for us to resolve contractual discussions with our counterparts.’
‘Aloísio Santini: efficient, quality and personalized service.’
‘Tarso Romani: quick service without restriction of hours.’
‘Aloisio Santini and Ana Beatriz are extremely helpful and understand the urgency of the demand. They have an ownership attitude in relation to the projects, always thinking about the fastest and most efficient way to solve cases. In addition, they have extensive technical and practical knowledge of the Real Estate Law and Market, and access to the Real Estate Registry, which is very important in cases of registration of incorporation and institution of condominiums.’
‘Highly qualified service due to in-depth knowledge of the subject, creativity and objectivity in solving issues and quick responses. Dr Tarso Romani deeply knows his area of expertise, but he is not restricted to it, which allows him to act as a facilitator in any negotiation.’
Cyrela Brazil Realty
AMY Incorporadora e Construtora
JJLF Empreend. Imob.
Plano & Plano Empreendimentos Imobiliários
L.A. Falcão Bauer
- Advised JJLF, Maiz Empreendimentos, Vivenda Nobre, M5 e RNK in an arbitration procedure against FLPP and Partage Group – Brimann 32 Building.
- Advised Vitacon on a new legal structure for investors.
- Advised Plano & Plano on 15 real estate legal due diligence procedures on several multibillion-reais acquisitions.
The 'highly committed' real estate team at Silveiro Advogados, which is split between the firm's São Paulo and Porto Alegre offices, is 'constantly updated on the new laws and jurisprudence'. The department is particularly active in representing investment funds, and is also noted for its substantial expertise in agribusiness-related investments. Advice to clients on residential, logistics, retail and commercial office developments and acquisitions also featured prominently in its workload in 2020. Practice head Rodrigo Mutti is strong on the transactional and litigation front, and is backed by up-and-coming partner Nicholas Paiva.
‘Well-qualified, highly committed and engage all resources to solve clients’ problems.’
‘Personalised service with a high degree of knowledge of the standards, with a team constantly updated on the new laws and jurisprudence.’
‘At Silveiro Advogados the projects go well and we come up with concrete results. The customer experience has been very positive.’
‘Nicholas Paiva and Rodrigo Mutti make a difference.’
‘I work with Rodrigo Mutti, Nicolas Paiva and Patriccia Maestra. It’s a great team: responsive, professional and delivering the expected results.’
Terra Santa Agro
Multiplan Empreendimentos Imobiliários
Rio Bravo Investimentos
Credit Suisse Hedging Griffo
MSD (Merck Sharp Dhome)
- Advised Rio Bravo on the R$103.2m acquisition of the Cyrela and Cyma residential developments in São Paulo.
- Advised Arado Empreendimentos on a 425-hectare development project in Porto Alegre.
- Advised Rio Bravo on the R$68m acquisition of a commercial property owned by Vinci Offices Investment Fund in São Paulo and leased to Lojas Renner.
TozziniFreire Advogados represents a mix of investors, asset managers and operators across a wide range of investments and asset types, including logistics, industrial and infrastructure. Land and building sales and acquisitions featured prominently in its workload in 2020, as did advice on urban planning and development projects. The firm is also active in financing and capital markets matters, regularly assisting with securitisations and fund IPOs. Vladimir Miranda Abreu leads the team, with strong support from Pablo Meira Queiroz.
Vladimir Miranda Abreu
‘Always attentive and are really concerned about their subject. They are always available to provide any information you need.’
‘The firm was hired to deal with a complex and strategic matter, and the surgical look was essential to the success of the negotiations. In addition to its technical competence, the team was a partner in conducting the work with great agility and ownership.’
‘Pablo Meira Queiroz is a lawyer you can count on whenever you need. He always provides information very clearly and does not stop answering your calls.’
‘The involvement of the real estate area in the client’s affairs is undoubtedly a differential of Tozzini’s real estate area, they work easily with the other areas of the company, making the work much easier for the internal legal department. They have a differentiated technical quality and agility in delivering the work.’
‘Pablo Queiroz and Gabriela Nunes Machado are recommended.’
Ford Motor Company
Share Student Living
Suez Water Technologies
São Manoel Agrícola
- Advised Ford on the sale of its industrial plant in São Bernardo do Campo with approximately 1,000,000 sqm for R$545m.
- Advised Natura on the acquisition of approximately 156,000 sqm of land from the state of Alagoas, as well as on the construction of a new industrial plant on the acquired site.
- Advised QuintoAndar in structuring a new product, launched in January, and improving the related drafts and internal processes throughout the year.
VBD Advogados has established strong credentials for contentious and non-contentious real estate advice, as well as support in related issues such as environmental law and tax. The team represents a mix of investors and developers, and has an impressive client base of funds, which rely on the lawyers for advice on joint venture agreements, build-to-suit and sale and leaseback agreements. Founding partner Olivar Lorena Vitale Junior handles both transactional and litigation matters. Other key partners include Daniele Brandão Gazel de Araújo for transactional and finance advice, and Rodrigo Antonio Dias for related tax matters.
Olivar Lorena Vitale Junior
‘The real estate team is pro business and highly qualified. They always bring simple and feasible solutions on the legal and commercial side.’
‘In my opinion, one of the highlights is the technical capacity of the lawyers, always innovating in search of safe legal solutions while at the same time enhancing the profitability of real estate operations. The firm has people with different expertise, but who work collaboratively in order to obtain the best result for the client. Another feature its its dedication and customer service, always being in the right place for projects to be carried out quickly and safely.’
‘Daniele Gazel, with her excellent experience, technical knowledge and devotion to the client. Rodrigo Dias, for his technical knowledge and innovative and safe tax solutions. Olivar Vitale is highly qualified and recognised by the main stakeholders in the real estate market.’
- Advised Idealiza Urbanismo on the structuring of a partnership for developing a major residential and mixed-use allotment in the largest urban area in São José dos Campos, the second biggest city in the state of São Paulo.
- Advising Cencosud Brasil Comercial in structuring the acquisition of the Gama Shopping centre.
- Advising BMB Material de Construção (OBRAMAX) on the acquisition of several properties for the establishment of several new retail stores in order to launch a new brand (Bricoman/Bricomart) with a large network of DIY stores across the country.
Andrade, Foz, Hypolito e Medicis Advogados
Andrade, Foz, Hypolito e Medicis Advogados has a broad practice that covers rural, commercial and residential real estate issues, including lease agreements, investments, development projects and corporate acquisitions. The firm recently advised several household name tenants on lease agreements, and assisted investment funds on several large-scale residential and logistics acquisitions. Founding partners Carolina Moura Foz and Fátima Regina Andrade jointly lead the team and are highly regarded.
Carolina Moura Foz; Fátima Regina Andrade
‘Full attention from senior partners secure quality service. Also, very agile in terms of delivery. Carolina Foz is a sharp and very focused partner within the firm. Always available and capable of solving complex issues.’
‘Carolina Foz is proactive, commercial, and a problem solver. We work across a distance and different cultures and she bridges both perfectly. She also has breadth as well as depth of knowledge.’
‘Fatima is very knowledgeable about highly complex contracts.’
‘Attention to detail, personalised service, complete. In addition to speed and commitment.’
Tishman Speyer Group
Avenues: The World School
Brazil Senior Living
Tellus Properties Fundo De Investimento Imobiliário
ASBZ Advogados is a solid choice for advice on urban and rural real estate investments, and is popular with leading developers and investment funds. The team has an established track record in acquisitions, development projects and lease agreements, as well as related financings and joint ventures. Experienced partner Raquel de Moraes Laudanna Marinelli now leads the team, following the departure of former co-head Marcelo Valença.
Raquel de Moraes Laudanna Marinelli
‘Raquel Laudanna has exceptional technical and business knowledge, and the ability to communicate and argue in favor of the client.’
Hines do Brasil Empreendimentos
Cushman & Wakefield Consultoria Imobiliária
GE Global Operations
Beacon Ensino Médio e Fundamental
7 Bridges Latin America
Porte Engenharia e Urbanismo
- Advised Hines do Brasil Empreendimento in negotiating a lease agreement with Cidade Maravilhosa e Comércio de Roupas and Grupo Moda Soma.
- Asvised Prologis Logística on a pre-lease agreement with L4B Logística.
- Advised on a due diligence report for 7 Bridges Latin America concerning the main legal risks related to the potential acquisition of 16 properties.
Azevedo Sette Advogados is notable for its role advising developers on contentious and non-contentious real estate matters. In 2020 the team was particularly active in the logistics, mining and agribusiness sectors. The department saw the departure of former partner Bruno Costa, who joined Machado Meyer Sendacz e Opice Advogados, though in other key developments the firm promoted partner Alessandra Lima Ganz and also hired new partner Henrique Antonelli. Ganz and Antonelli now jointly lead the team from São Paulo and Belo Horizonte, respectively.
Alessandra Lima Ganz; Henrique Antonelli
‘Qualified team with excellent interaction with the client.’
‘The office has highly technically qualified professionals who are knowledgeable in the local market (Minas Gerais). Its partners are actively involved in the demands, and lead a very pro-business approach.’
‘Henrique Ferreira Antonelli: a partner with deep knowledge of the corporate world, with extensive technical knowledge, and high availability for direct interaction with the client.’
‘Alessandra Lima Ganz is recommended.’
Dairy Partners Americas
Gucci Brasil Importação e Exportação
Hausbau Participações e Incorporações
Comercial e Construtora Prohidro
Havells Sylvania Brasil Iluminação
Realiza Assessoria e Intermediação Financeira
Cienge Engenharia e Comércio
Urba Desenvolvimento Urbano
GMT Holding Farm
Log Commercial Properties
PSP Investments Fund
- Advised Gucci Brasil on a new store in CJ Shops Jardins in São Paulo.
- Assisted Gramado Parks Investimentos e Intermediações on a development in the state of Pernambuco.
- Advised Logica Engenharia on the land acquisition and registration of a real estate development in Morumbi, São Paulo.
Cascione Pulino Boulos Advogados has an active presence in the market, particularly in relation to capital markets and finance work. Regular areas of work for the team include advising on the issuance of Real Estate Receivables Certificates (CRI) and the formation of investment funds, where it represents a mixture of banks and funds. The firm also has a good track record assisting investors, such as as Alianza Investimentos, on acquisitions and development projects. Fábio de Souza Aranha Cascione has sole lead of the practice following the departure of partner Diego Gonçalves Coelho. Bruno Sant Anna Fioratti is also active in this space.
Fábio de Souza Aranha Cascione
‘The services were provided in a clear and objective way. The team was able to understand the needs of the project and sought innovative solutions to achieve the results.’
‘They give very complete support and know the topic very technically.’
‘Bruno Sant Anna Fioratti is an excellent professional.’
Banco Votorantim S.A. e Votorantim Asset Management DTVM
FAR – Fator Administração de Recursos
Banco do Brasil
Caixa Econômica Federal
JPS Habitação e Comércio
TP Industrial de Pneus Brasil
- Advised Caixa Econômica Federal and Rio Bravo Investimentos Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários on a R$69m offering.
- Advised Rodobens Group and Banco Votorantim on a R$14.6m CRI offering.
- Advised Agropecuária HBC Irmãos de Santi and Ourinvest Securitizadora on a R$14m CRI offering.
FreitasLeite Advogados is especially active in real estate finance and securitisations, where the firm represents several leading Brazilian investment funds. This includes advice to the issuers in the issuance of CRIs and broader fund offerings. The firm has also been involved in several significant sales and acquisitions, such as advising Even Construtora e Incorporadora on the R$310m sale of Hotel Fasano Itaim in São Paulo. Fernanda Amaral is strong on the transactional and financing side, while co-founder Cristiano da Cruz Leite is especially active in real estate finance.
Fernanda Amaral; Cristiano da Cruz Leite
‘FreitasLeite Advogados were always extremely attentive and always very competent, providing us with very adequate legal solutions to each of our specific problems. The professionals who attended us were always very good, which shows that the criteria for choosing these professionals must be very strict. The consequence of this is that we have complete confidence in FreitasLeite Advogados, which has always had a very reasonable price.’
‘Dr. Raul de Paula Leite for me is synonymous with credibility and trust. Dr. Fernanda Amaral has always provided us with very correct and creative legal solutions. Certainly one of the main references in the sector.’
‘It is a specialised firm. We always had a personalised and dedicated service from the person we contacted from the beginning.’
‘Tatiana Altemari, in her specialty in capital markets and structured financial transactions, provided excellent advice for structuring our business, bringing practical solutions and security to carry out the business.’
- Advised BR Partners Banco de Investimento on structuring a public offering of CRIs issued by Habitasec Securitizadora.
- Advised Taperebá Empreendimentos Imobiliários, a private limited company controlled by Even Construtora e Incorporadora, on the sale of Hotel Fasano Itaim in São Paulo.
- Advised on the distribution of shares in the real estate investment fund, Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário REC Logística.
Gasparini, Nogueira de Lima e Barbosa Advogados has a strong background in rural real estate, land subdivision and development projects. Practice head Victor Miranda de Toledo arrived in early 2021 from his own firm, and has over 15 years' experience in the market, where he provides advice on shopping centre transactions and disputes involving real estate and construction projects. His arrival followed the departure of former practice head Fabricio Barreto de Mattos.
Victor Miranda de Toledo
Saad Family Office
Spreg Empreendimentos e Participações
Stafford Capital Partners
Canadian Solar Desenvolvimento de Usinas Solares
- Advised Sima’s Construções e Incorporações de Imóveis in the legal structuring of a R$120m real estate project for land subdivision in Patos, Brazil.
- Assisted Trexx Holding in the acquisition of two real estate properties to create a landbank in the tourist cities of Holambra and Jaguariúna, in São Paulo.
- Assisted Nova Fronteira in the sale of a 2,152,464 sqm property located in Itatiba, São Paulo, to a Brazilian real estate developer.
Goulart & Colepicolo Advogados
Goulart & Colepicolo Advogados is a well-established Belo Horizonte-based firm, which has developed a good reputation for assisting major developers, property owners and investment funds on their investments and development projects. The firm's experience covers urban, retail, commercial, hospitality and residential assets, through to rural timberland property. João Gilberto Freire Goulart, Patricia Araújo de Castro Vidigal and Cristiano Silva Colepicolo have a notable track record in real estate transactions, particularly for deals in the state of Minas Gerais.
João Gilberto Freire Goulart
‘Patricia Vidigal has knowledge and clarity in the explanations and a quick return of requests.’
‘Having knowledge of the business that you are advising is of paramount importance, since businesses have different characteristics even with the same objective. This is one of the main points that sets Goulart apart from other offices.’
Ceva Saúde Animal
J.A.L Resende Costa Empreendimentos
Best Center Sudoeste Paulista Empreendimentos e Participações
Porto Muniz Participações
T R Silva Barreto Gestão, Consultoria E Comercialização de Shopping Center Eireli
Cidade Administração e Empreendimentos
SPE Parauapebas Empreendimentos Imobiliários
SPE Infinita TOWN-CO Incorporação Imobiliária
Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário Vereda – FII
Empreendimentos Seis de Maio
- Assisted animal pharmaceuticals company Ceva Saúde Animal on the regularisation of its properties and related construction projects.
- Advising J.A.L Resende Costa Empreendimentos on the drafting of the condominium bylaws of three commercial outlet enterprises in Minas Gerais and São Paulo.
- Advised Açores Participações on the regularisation of property and in obtaining permission from the National Agency of Terrestrial Transport (ANTT) to get road access for vehicles into Só Marcas Guarulhos.
Lacaz Martins, Pereira Neto, Gurevich & Schoueri Advogados has built up a strong portfolio of real estate and construction clients, which it advises on transactional, tax, corporate and dispute resolution issues. The team is also strong on the finance and capital markets side, and in advising on fund launches, with partners such as Erica Fernandes Campos Verissimo especially active. Other key team members include Livia Maria Siviero Bittencourt Huh, Ana Cristina Nogueira Rocha and Flavia Meira de Castro Checchia.
Erica Fernandes Campos Verissimo
‘Erica’s experience combined with the multidisciplinary team ensures a complete and efficient service.’
‘Erica Campos – extensive experience as a deal maker, and actively contributes in favor of the business, suggesting alternatives when there is an obstacle. Livia Bittencourt Huh – very competent, experienced and accessible.’
‘They are extremely prepared and the level of discussion is extremely high.’
‘Technically the lawyers are very good and with great experience in Real Estate.’
Votorantim Asset Management
Interprime Empreendimentos e Participações
Rio Bravo Investimentos – Distribuidora De Títulos e Valores Mobiliários
Vbi Real Estate
Trx Gestora De Recursos
Órama Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários
Hectare Capital Gestora de Recursos
Logbras Parques Logísticos
Gryps Empreendimentos Imobiliários
- Advised Rio Bravo on the incorporation of Santander Agências Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário – FII by Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário Rio Bravo Renda Varejo – FII.
- Assisted Hectare Capital Gestora De Recursos in launching five new issuances of quotas in its FII in the middle of the pandemic, raising almost R$800m.
- Assisted TRX in acquiring 41 properties and raising more than R$1.4bn.
Lobo & Lira Advogados
Lobo & Lira Advogados is a popular choice for contentious and non-contentious real estate advice, and is especially noted for its expertise in shopping centres. This has seen it providing advice on greenfield development projects and the expansion of existing centres. Clients include major investors, entrepreneurs and funds, and the practice also has a good background in structuring deals for mixed-use developments, as well as related sales and acquisitions. Practice head José Ricardo Pereira Lira has over 40 years' experience in the market. Juliana Zielinsky Yonenaga and Joana Ribeiro are also noted.
José-Ricardo Pereira Lira
‘Very personal service and quality in the delivery of the work. Dr. Marcos Rolim has an incredible, differentiated response time. Always very assertive in his answers. Dr.José Ricardo Lira has an incredible ability to find adequate solutions to complex problems.’
‘The lawyers are very competent, committed, studious, close to the business and experts. Dr. José-Ricardo Pereira Lira, Dr. Sergio Vieira, Dr. Joana Ribeiro, Dr. Juliana Zielnisky, Dr. Alessandro Torresi and Dr. Paulo Chor: all are very competent in their areas of expertise, which cover real estate, shopping centres, litigation and civil advisory.’
‘These are extremely competent personnel involved in major issues discussed nationally. They have extensive experience in various fields of law, especially shopping centres, multipurpose, development and condominiums.’
‘José-Ricardo Pereira Lira, Joana Ribeiro, Sérgio Vieira, Juliana Zielinsky are very attentive and competent professionals! Super recommend the LOBO&LIRA office, as well as these professionals.’
Real estate developers and investment funds regularly turn to the team at Madrona Advogados for advice on residential, commercial and retail acquisitions and developments. This includes a variety of services, such as advice on sale and leaseback transactions, corporate joint ventures and fundraisings. Lead partner Eduardo Tristão has established a strong reputation, and also has expertise in rural acquisitions and sales.
‘Eduardo Tristão is a unique figure. A loyal, clear, and objective person who takes care of matters with a business-oriented look. He is well prepared and has a lot of tact in the treatment of different people.’
‘I strongly recommend the services provided by Giovana Malta, Felipe Lobo and Eduardo Tristão. Always very attentive and committed, they provide excellent service, seeking to meet the deadlines presented by us.’
‘Madrona has great expertise in Real Estate Law due to the excellent leadership of partner Eduardo Tristão, who conducts the works with extreme technique without neglecting simplicity when discussing the most diverse subjects. I would highlight Eduardo Tristão, Felipe Lobo and Laura Saadia.’
RBR Asset Management
Rio Bravo Investimentos
UV Gestora de Ativos Financeiros
- Advised GLP Properties in acquiring a 100% stake from Grupo BIG in a company that owns two distribution centres.
- Advised RBR Asset Management in an acquisition, as part of a consortium, of a 50% stake in a logistics asset to be built in Minas Gerais.
- Advised Rio Bravo Investimentos – Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários on a sale and leaseback transaction of four urban real estate properties located in São Paulo.
Pinheiro Guimarães is well known in the market, particularly for its work on financings and related capital markets issues. This includes support to underwriters on share offerings and the issuance of CRIs. The team is also active on the energy and infrastructure side. Key partners include Bruno Lardosa and Carolina Alonso in Rio de Janeiro.
Rolim, Viotti, Goulart, Cardoso Advogados
Rolim, Viotti, Goulart, Cardoso Advogados has a well-regarded Belo Horizonte-based practice, and is also equipped to assist clients from its offices in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia. Many of the firm's clients come from the industrial, energy, mining, retail, manufacturing and natural resources sectors, and they rely on the firm for a broad range of real estate issues, including contracts, leases, environmental and development advice. Luis Gustavo Miranda and Fábio Appendino are the two lead partners.
Luis Gustavo Miranda; Fabio Appendino
‘They work with excellence and transparency. They present well-founded studies and analysis. They treat cases with dedication and keep the customer in close proximity.’
‘Fabio Appendino and Alessandra Resende Torres are recommended.’
‘I would highlight Luiz Gustavo Miranda and Daniel Ãvila.’
‘Personalized service and professional staff. Fair price. Very well-prepared documents.’
FCA Fiat Chrysler Automóveis Brasil
Vallourec Soluções Tubulares do Brasil – VSB
Kinross Brasil Mineração
Sociedade de Participação Francisco Miranda
- Advising a mining company on the real estate settlement of 10 plots of land (2,278 acres) acquired for the development of an industrial complex.
- Advised Mori Energia on the development of a photovoltaic power project in Minas Gerais.
- Assisted Bartofil Distribuidora on the acquisition of land for the development of a distribution centre in the state of Maranhão.
The active real estate practice at Siqueira Castro – Advogados puts a particular emphasis on litigation and regulatory advice, including matters involving zoning and environmental law. The transactional side of the practice is also busy, with Carlos Fernando Siqueira Castro the lead partner on sales and acquisitions, development projects, and related corporate and capital markets matters. Daniela Soares Domingues and André Frossard Albuquerque are noted for their contentious expertise. Clients include major banks, funds and corporate owners. In September 2021, the firm announced Ana Luiz Taque as its new equity partner and head of real estate.
Ana Luiz Taque; Carlos Fernando Siqueira Castro; Daniela Soares Domingues; André Frossard Albuquerque
‘Commitment to the client’s themes and to the definitive solution of cases.’
Ennax Empreendimentos Imobiliários
Iguatemi Empresa de Shoppings Centers
CONCAL – Construtora Conde Caldas
Enel Distribuição São Paulo
OR Realizações Imobiliárias
BANIF – Banco Internacional do Funchal (Brasil)
Radar Propriedades Agrícolas
- Represented Iguatemi Empresa de Shoppings Centers and Icatu Holding in a lawsuit concerning a shopping centre.
- Assisting Banco Opportunity in a real estate finance lawsuit brought concerning an alleged breach of contract.
- Defending CONCAL – Construtora Conde Caldas against a public interest civil action filed by the Rio de Janeiro Public Attorney’s Office concerning the construction of a residential building.
With headquarters in Porto Alegre, Souto Correa Advogados has a strong focus on high-value contentious and non-contentious real estate matters. The firm has particular experience in commercial, industrial and rural leases, as well as acquisitions and sales, and provides advice on related environmental, regulatory and tax issues. Lead partner Fábio Machado Baldissera has a multi-faceted practice, and is entrusted by an impressive range of domestic and international clients.
Fábio Machado Baldissera
‘The services were clearly provided with notes of the risks and at the same time there was pro-business flexibility, without losing the security of the business.’
‘Fábio Machado Baldissera is an incredible professional who has supported us in recent operations and also in the past, has extensive knowledge in the area and market practices, as well as being available and accessible the client.’
Medabil Soluções Construtivas
Oleoplan – Óleos Vegetais Planalto
Darby Servtec Energia – Fundo de Investimento em Participações – Multiestratégia
Powertrain Brasil Serviços para Equipamentos Agrícolas
Panambra Sul Comércio de Veículos
MRV Engenharia e Participações
Hotel Laje de Pedra
Launch Pad Tecnologia, Servicos e Pagamentos
WMS Supermercados do Brasil
Newbridge Empreendimentos Imobiliários
Indústria e Comércio de Cosméticos Natura
- Advising Darby Servtec Energia – Fundo de Investimento em Participações – Multiestratégia in several due diligence cases and real estate matters related to setting up energy plants in numerous Brazilian states.
- Assisted Medabil Soluções Construtivas in a complex sale and leaseback transaction involving the sale of a factory located in Nova Bassano.
- Represented WMS Supermercados do Brasil in a rent review lawsuit where the landlord sought to increase the rent of 12 stores.