Kobre & Kim > Tortola, British Virgin Islands > Firm Profile
Kobre & Kim Offices
WATERFRONT DRIVE, P.O. BOX 431, ROAD TOWN
TORTOLA VG 1110
British Virgin Islands
- Go to...
Kobre & Kim > The Legal 500 RankingsKobre & Kim has a strong reputation for representing both high net worth individuals and corporates in a range of cross-border disputes and a ‘cutting-edge international enforcement and asset recovery practice‘. In New York, co-founders Michael Kim and Steven Kobre lead the firm’s claim monetization and dilution team, Jef Klazen is noted for enforcement of judgments and arbitration awards, while Washington DC-based Robin Rathmell heads the international private client team. The group, which benefits from an ‘international mindset‘ and offices across the US, was strengthened by the arrival of former United States Attorney for the District of Columbia Michael Sherwin.
Michael Kim; Steven Kobre; Robin Rathmell
‘Despite being a predominantly US firm, they have good international reach, especially in jurisdictions that are relevant for enforcement and asset tracing and recovery. Due to their experience handling international cases, they have good knowledge and understanding of many legal systems.’
‘It is mainly their international mindset and capabilities that make them stand out. Partner Jef Klazen has contacts and experience in many European jurisdictions.’
‘Kobre & Kim has the most cutting-edge international enforcement and asset recovery practice. The practice is top-notch and they deliver certain results.’
‘We worked together with a number of Kobre & Kim’s asset recovery lawyers. They leave no stone unturned to pursue asset recovery options in every corner of the world. They deliver.’
‘Really determined team always looking after the client’s best interests. Dedicated and aggressive.’
‘Jef Klazen is incredibly knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with.’
‘Robin is my go-to person whenever the most difficult knots need undoing. He is also refreshingly humble with a wicked sense of humour. He is so much more than a lawyer focused on a narrow specialty – he is a master of several different areas and I am continually impressed by his intelligence, courage, creativity and relationships. All in all, I find Robin to be the best legal mind at work in his field whilst being approachable and understanding.‘
Former Official at the Venezuelan Ministry of Oil and his family
Princess Corinna Zu Sayn-Wittgenstein
A Litigation Trust formed in relation to the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of a formerly US-listed European company.
UK liquidators of Dooga (Cubits).
National Bank TRUST and PJSC Bank Otkritie Financial Corporation.
Sang Cheol Woo
Denis-Christel Sassou Nguesso and Nathalie Bumba-Pembe
Luckin Coffee Inc. Chairman Charles Zheng Yao Lu and CEO Jenny Zhiya Qian
Evergreen Coast Capital Corp. and Siris Capital Group, LLC
- Representing Jho Low, an international business executive, in a multi-jurisdictional investigation and related criminal and civil litigation involving allegations of fraud and money laundering.
- Representing Princess Corinna Zu Sayn-Wittgenstein, a high-net-worth international businesswoman and strategy consultant, in a jurisdiction challenge.
- Represented National Bank TRUST and PJSC Bank Otkritie Financial Corporation, two of Russia’s largest commercial banks, in filing and pursuing cross-border civil litigation against the founder and former CEO.
Steven Kobre; Michael Kim
‘Evelyn Sheehan, a former federal prosecutor, is well-versed in asset forfeiture and money laundering law and in the international issues that arise in such cases.’
‘Industry expertise is higher than the largest Big Law firms, as is the level of attention we receive from the Kobre team.’
‘Kobre & Kim has a diverse group of attorneys that work on matters.’
‘The collaboration among attorneys at the firm is seamless, making them a powerhouse against any government agency.’
‘This is the firm you want to hire.’
‘Matthew Menchel is the most impressive trial attorney I have ever met.’
‘In addition to Matthew Menchel being a great trial attorney, he is a good human and nice person.’
‘Kobre & Kim has offices worldwide that provide terrific and unified support.’
Leading Healthcare Company
A major digital currency exchange
UK liquidators of Dooga (Cubits)
A Litigation Trust formed in relation to the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of a formerly US-listed European company
A global consultant in the Latin American oil and gas industry
Parker H. Petit
The owner of a large investment advisory firm
Denis-Christel Sassou Nguesso and Nathalie Bumba-Pembe
Former President & CEO of a leading healthcare company
A cryptocurrency exchange and its founder
An IRS whistleblower
Adana Investing Inc. (Adana). (AKA Nanda, Inc.)
- Advising John Pacilio as defence counsel in connection with charges brought by the DOJ in the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois relating to conspiring to commit wire fraud, as well as substantive counts of wire fraud, commodities fraud and spoofing.
- Representing the parent company of a pharmacy benefits manager (PBM) and mail order pharmacy and its affiliated entities in on-going national litigation and related investigations regarding the prescription and dispensing of opioids.
- Representing Jho Low, an international business executive, on a multi-jurisdictional investigation and related criminal and civil litigation involving allegations of fraud and money laundering by the DOJ.