Victoria Leigh > Squire Patton Boggs > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Squire Patton Boggs Offices
NO 1 SPINNINGFIELDS
1 HARDMAN SQUARE
- Go to...
Squire Patton Boggs specialises in regulatory compliance, pensions disputes, de-risking, and investment advice, especially for clients in regulated industries such as water, nuclear, and electricity industries, as well as not-for-profits and other schemes in the charity sector. Practice head David Griffiths is noted for his broad experience in areas such as reorganisations and restructurings, GMP equalisation, de-risking, buy-ins and buy-outs, and corporate transactions. Pension dispute specialist Victoria Leigh was promoted to partner in May 2021.
Under the direction of practice head Victoria Leigh, Squire Patton Boggs maintains its reputation for excellence in the manufacturing, technology, recruitment and financial services sectors. The team also continues to see growth in the fields of reputation management and data protection claims; Peter Lees has been instrumental in building up the firm’s cross-office offering in the former area, while Leigh takes the lead on the latter. At senior associate level, Rebecca Green – whose regular workload includes professional negligence claims, contractual disputes and pensions litigation – is particularly recommended.
‘Consistently strong with litigation work‘, Squire Patton Boggs‘ team is adept at contentious regulatory and fraud-related pensions work, with additional expertise in professional negligence cases, where it represents trustees and employers in bringing claims. Tax disputes and data protection issues concerning pension schemes are other niches for the group, which also has a growing risk management focus. Leading the department from Manchester is ‘excellent case strategist‘ Victoria Leigh, who is active in pension disputes thought leadership. Also in Manchester, senior associate Rebecca Green is building a practice that involves pension-related professional negligence claims. In Birmingham, Simon Garbett acts for employer and trustee clients across the waterfront of contentious pensions issues. In Leeds, Jason Blakey has experience in representing companies involved in pensions liberation fraud cases.
- Leading individuals - North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Commercial litigation: Manchester - North West > Dispute resolution
- Pensions - North West > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation