Mark Brown > Bristows LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Bristows LLP Offices
100 VICTORIA EMBANKMENT
- Go to...
Mark has over 25 years’ experience handling complex contract and tort disputes at all levels of the English courts and in ad hoc and institutional arbitrations.
Mark’s clients include corporations operating in industry sectors including life sciences/pharma, information technology and digital media. He is highly experienced in both court litigation and arbitration, and has particular skill in managing and resolving commercial disputes before they reach court or an arbitral tribunal.
Mark’s disputes expertise in the life sciences sector runs across a variety of sector-specific contracts relating to IP-rich assets and highly technical subject matter, ranging from licences and collaboration agreements to supply and distribution contracts. He also experienced in product liability and misuse of confidential information disputes. His clients include several household name pharmaceutical companies.
In the IT and digital media space, Mark has been engaged in resolving disagreements around IT contracts, computer gaming and social media platforms.
The types of contentious issues Mark handles arise from breach of commercial and corporate transaction contracts, judicial review, misuse of confidential information and other torts, product liability, company and shareholder disputes. His cases often involve cross-border complexities, including issues of jurisdiction, applicable law, asset freezing and enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards.
Mark runs Bristows’ Groupe Juridique Francophone, which provides a full range of legal services to French and Francophone companies with commercial interests in the UK. He speaks fluent French and Italian.
He is a member of The Association for International Arbitration.
Trained at Finers Stephens Innocent
Qualified in 1995 and partner 2000
Partner at Bristows since 2007
Association for International Arbitration
Clifton College, Bristol
London School of Economics and Political Science (LLB Law)
University of Strasbourg (French Law degree)
Bristows LLP ‘stands out as a high-end, mid-market litigation firm‘. The commercial and technology disputes team has enviable litigation experience in the technology, life sciences, industrial and consumer products sectors; and its specialisms include contractual matters, commercial law and confidentiality issues. The key figures are life sciences, pharma and digital content disputes expert Mark Brown; and Anna Cook, who acts in disputes arising from commercial contracts, software and large-scale technology projects. Also key to the team are Angela Fouracre, who handles commercial contract-related disputes; of counsel Robert Graham, an expert in technology contract-related claims; and ‘outstanding senior associate‘ Westley Walker.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Industry focus > TMT
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Employment > Employers