Gorriceta Africa Cauton & Saavedra > Pasig City, Philippines > Firm Profile
Gorriceta Africa Cauton & Saavedra Offices
15/F AND 4/F STRATA 2000
F. ORTIGAS JR. ROAD, ORTIGAS CENTER, PASIG CITY
Gorriceta Africa Cauton & Saavedra > The Legal 500 Rankings
Philippines > TMT Tier 1Gorriceta Africa Cauton & Saavedra stands out for its first rate fintech, blockchain, and e-commerce work and is the trusted advisor of many major names such as Binance and DragonPay and is lauded as a 'tech-savvy innovative firm'. Advising one of the largest tech projects in the Philippines to date, the firm is assisting China Design Group with the establishment of the Urban Traffic Brain, providing comprehensive smart-city traffic solutions in metro Cebu and Cebu province. Mark Gorriceta and Kristine Torres are key individuals in the practice and are the go-to lawyers for many of their clients.
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm is composed of lawyers from diverse backgrounds and specialties, making them well equipped to deal with any legal issue; they are also very responsive to our needs and respond in a very short period when assistance is required.’
‘They’ve been voted the #1 Fintech firm in the Philippines by many rating agencies so—needless to say—they are a tech-savvy innovative firm.’
‘They are very personable and address a broad range of legal issues.’
‘The team has deep knowledge of various Technology related disciplines and has worked with many tech companies/ startups in the past. They are also very much involved in TMT industry associations and networks which helps them gain more knowledge about various areas in the space. ’
‘Individuals are not only knowledgeable in their field but also very responsive, engaged in the various topics and discussions, as well as being good and kind people. Atty Mark Gorriceta and Atty Kristine Torres are the partners who we rely on most of the time for any legal or regulatory-related matter. ’
‘Adding to their great expertise in the local market, Gorriceta’s team is very engaged and very supportive. We’ve been very satisfied with the level of service that they have given.’
‘Mark Gorriceta and Kristine Torres have been very great. It’s a combination of regulatory expertise, commitment and speed, as well as knowing the right stakeholder to move things along.’
UnionBank of the Philippines
UBX Philippines Corporation
Binance Capital Management / Binance Holdings
Multysis Technologies Corporation
Asialink Finance Group
Medifi Medtech Solutions
F(Dev) Digital Innovations and Ventures
Filinvest Development Corporation
- Assisting Stacktrek Limited & Mobigator Technologies Group in structuring and setting up an I.T. company in the Philippines
- Acting as counsel for China Design Group in Setting Up the Urban Traffic Brain and Providing Comprehensive Smart City-Traffic Solutions in Metro Cebu and Cebu Province.
‘The team is composed of savvy lawyers who take a holistic approach to our overall labour landscape.’
Business Process Outsourcing International, Inc.
Regent Foods Corporation
Javier Project Managers
Philippines > Tax Tier 2Spearheaded by Vincent Paul Saavedra and Mark Gorriceta, the tax practice at Gorriceta Africa Cauton & Saavedra has substanial experience assisting domestic and multinational companies with the tax implications of their transactions, tax assessments, customs law compliance and cases filed before the Court of Tax Appeals. The group is also particularly effective at advising on cross-border tax planning involving high-value estates. Senior associate Dyan Angela de la Fuente is the standout practitioner for complex tax issues.
Other key lawyers:
Sunnies by Charlie
Regent Food Corporation
Glue Up (formerly EventBank)
- Advised Doorbell Technologies on the registration of their proprietary marks.
- Advised Charlie Inc on the submission for cancellation of the mark “MetroSunnies”.
Other key lawyers:
‘Vast, actual and wide experience in government’.
China Design Group Co. Ltd
Pangasinan Five Star
- Assisting China Design Group in Setting Up the Urban Traffic Brain and Providing Comprehensive Smart City-Traffic Solutions in Metro Cebu and Cebu Province.
‘The team has special expertise in fintech, DLT, and complex matters.’
‘Mark S. Gorriceta develops an understanding of each situation and remains accountable for the service level received from the firm.’
UnionBank of the PhilippinesMeralco
UBX Philippines Corporation Bank of the Philippine Islands
DM Wenceslao & Associates, Incorporated
S&P Global, Philippines Inc.
Apppps Partners, Inc.
Investree Philippines, IncUnionBank of the Philippines
Filinvest Development Corporation
Dlocal, LLPZalora Philippines
I-Remit Inc. UBX
Multisys Technologies Corporation
IRIS Corporation Berhad
Binance Capital Management Co., Ltd. and Binance Holdings, Ltd Filinvest Development Corporation
Asiawide LandS&P Global
Plentina Lending, Inc.Investree Philippines, Inc
Plentina Lending, Inc.
Binance Capital Management Co., Ltd. and Binance Holdings, Ltd
Gorriceta Africa Cauton & Saavedra > Firm Profile
Vision-Mission: Gorriceta Africa Cauton & Saavedra (“Gorriceta”) is committed to be one of the top law firms in Asia. It aspires to become a leading firm in the Philippines in corporate and business practice by providing clients with quality, efficient, and benevolent services. Gorriceta abides by a client-centric legal practice and works towards enabling its clients through:
- having a developed and unrivalled understanding of our clients’ needs for a proactive management of business matters;
- harping on collaborative partnerships while maintaining the right level of professional distance, to maximize legal solutions;
- delivering personalized service, and making consultations and advice readily available at any time; and
- nurturing a long-term relationship founded on mutual respect.
Gorriceta aspires to create value-adding opportunities for its clients, building on bringing businesses and people together. Gorriceta is supportive of the continuous growth of its clients and aims to secure both the firm and its clients’ position in meeting the needs of a rapidly changing and globally dynamic business environment.
Gorriceta believes in:
- Excellence. Gorriceta endeavors to exceed the demands of competing in a global business pace through hard work and determination. The firm is accountable to deliver high-value work to clients at all times.
- Responsibility. Gorriceta makes it its business to know the business of its clients so that the latter can easily depend on the firm.
- Continuous Improvement. Gorriceta encourages further learning to enhance the skills and talents of the firm.
- Integrity. Gorriceta cultivates trust and transparency in the workplace. What the firm promises, the firm delivers with credibility.
- Nurturing. Gorriceta values loyalty. It is a team with a passion for building lasting relationships.
- A Winning Spirit. Gorriceta appreciates and exercises positivity, resilience, perseverance, and an uplifting attitude in all aspects of our service. Success drives the firm.
|Francis Africa||Partner, Head – Litigation Group||View Profile|
|Lucas Niccolo Cauton III||Partner, Head – Intellectual Property Group||View Profile|
|Ramon Andre Cedro||Partner, Head – Litigation Group||View Profile|
|Mark Gorriceta||Managing Partner; Head- Corporate Group||View Profile|
|Vincent Paul Saavedra||Partner; Head- Tax Group||View Profile|
|Anthony Edsel Tupaz||Partner – Head of Infrastructure Group||View Profile|