Laura Weir > Lanyon Bowdler > Shrewsbury, England > Lawyer Profile
Lanyon Bowdler Offices
CHAPTER HOUSE NORTH
ABBEY LAWN, ABBEY FOREGATE
- Go to...
Clinical/Medical Negligence Team
- Associate Solicitor based in the Shrewsbury office.
- Represents clients who have suffered life-changing injuries, with a particular expertise in brain, spine and birth injury claims
March 2017: Qualified as a Solicitor , having trained at a Top Tier firm in London. As an NQ she moved to another Top Tier firm in London to focus her career on complex claims. Her caseload consisted of cases worth in excess of £1million and were predominately spinal and brain injury claims.
September 2020: Joined Lanyon Bowdler, following a return to Mid Wales.
June 2021: Promoted to Associate .
Her caseload is mixed and she represents clients who have suffered spinal injuries, birth injuries, delays in diagnosis of cancer and other life-changing injuries. She is also a supervisor on the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust maternity work, for which we are the lead firm, representing over 120 families.
Laura was named a “Rising Star” by the Legal 500 in the 2023 edition:
“This is a very talented team that punches well above its weight in the market. Although it is a regional firm, its work is high quality and on a par with major London players. Files are well organised, the best experts are instructed, instructions to counsel are clear, and the approach is collaborative. Laura Weir is standout”.
Fluent Welsh speaker
- An APIL accredited Litigator
- Member of AvMA and SCIL
Law LLB – 2:1 from Aberystwyth University graduating in 2012
LPC- Distinction from University of Law, London graduating in 2013
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
The ‘approachable and collaborative individuals’ at Lanyon Bowdler are praised for the ‘time given to the client to offer reassurance and explanations’. Shrewsbury-based Beth Heath leads the ‘very professional team‘ with a ‘human touch’, with Hereford-based Lucy Small key to the team and commended for her ‘outstanding‘ level of knowledge. The team has a vast array of experience in cases involving catastrophic injuries (including birth, brain and spinal injuries, amputations and fatal claims). Emma Broomfield has wide ranging experience of representing claimants with cerebral palsy, catastrophic brain and spinal injury as well as other injuries. Associate Laura Weir, specialises in a variety of high-value and complex cases.
- Clinical negligence: claimant West Midlands > Insurance
- Rising stars West Midlands > Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud