Paul Q Law Firm > Bratislava, Slovakia > Firm Profile
Paul Q Law Firm Offices
TWIN CITY, BLOCK A
811 09 BRATISLAVA
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
Paul Q Law Firm > The Legal 500 Rankings
Slovakia > Dispute resolution Tier 2The group at Paul Q Law Firm is active in advising clients on pre-litigation and arbitration strategies, as well as obtaining settlements through negotiations and mediations. The team also handles civil and commercial litigation, in addition to representing clients in court cases regarding violations of fundamental rights, or the application and interpretation of EU law. The practice is jointly led by Tomáš Kamenec and Jiří Budinský; the former has experience in IP and media-related disputes, while the latter focuses on contentious corporate, commercial, and financial law mandates.
Tomáš Kamenec; Jiří Budinský
‘A highly-qualified team of lawyers that know the local environment and have experience gained in international mandates.’
Československá obchodní banka
IT Asociácia Slovenska
MARKÍZA – SLOVAKIA
News and Media Holding a. s.
Investigatívne centrum Jána Kuciaka
Podtatranská vodárenská spoločnosť
MH Manažment, a. s.
Slovakia > Commercial, corporate and M&A Tier 3The commercial, corporate and M&A team at Paul Q Law Firm advises both local and international clients, in addition to new entrants to the market. Its offering encompasses day-to-day corporate advice, M&A transactions, restructurings, and due diligence matters. It also assists clients with corporate governance matters and regulatory compliance issues. Sectors of strength for the team include engineering and automotive, as well as agricultural, food, and real estate. Managing partner Pavol Blahušiak leads the team alongside Boris Brhlovič.
Pavol Blahušiak; Boris Brhlovič
Arcelor Mittal Construction Slovakia
Bauer Media Group
Ceva Logistics Slovakia
KIVNON LOGISTICA, S. L.
Metsa Tissue Slovakia
- Advised Soria Group on the acquisition of the PPC Team.
- Advised NUBIUM on a shareholder restructuring.
- Advised shareholders on the establishment of a new co-medical devices distributor in Slovakia.
Slovakia > Employment Tier 3Boris Brhlovič leads the employment practice at Paul Q Law Firm, which handles a wide range of matters, including day-to-day advice on employment matters and labour relations, contract drafting, disciplinary issues in the workplace, employee transfers, and mass redundancies. It also supports client in trade union issues and advises on obtaining work and residence permits, as well as providing representation in employment litigation.
Arcelor Mittal Construction Slovakia
Eissmann Automotive Slovensko
Metsa Tissue Slovensko
Takeda Pharmaceuticals Slovakia
Slovakia > Projects and energy Tier 3
Slovakia > Banking, finance and capital markets Tier 5Paul Q Law Firm’s banking and finance department advises clients on acquisitions, real estate and project financing - including syndicated lending and security transactions - and debt restructuring and refinancing. It also undertakes regulatory-related mandates and the registration and licensing of various financial market participants and their products. The practice is jointly led by Jiří Budinský and Eduard Winkler.
Jiří Budinský; Eduard Winkler
Intesa SanPaolo S.P.A.
KRUK Czech and Slovak Republic
Paul Q Law Firm > Firm Profile
Paul Q has created a highly qualified team of lawyers and thus has secured its position among the market leaders. Paul Q is the choice for clients looking for a young dynamic team with excellent local knowledge and strong international experience. Thanks to the passion and devotion to law, the firm regularly receives awards for its work, whether on a domestic or international level. The team of professionals at Paul Q brings together all the knowledge and skills needed to serve clients in almost all business-related legal practice areas. Paul Q is known as a client-oriented practice with a long-standing commitment to quality, personal approach and innovative solutions.
Main areas of practice:
Corporate and M&A:
- Company formation, including licensing, tax, employment and property leasing matters
- Domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, including target due diligence, structuring, negotiation, closing and post-closing assistance
- Mergers, squeeze-outs, spin-offs and other intra-group reorganisations
- Day-to-day corporate matters
- Company secretarial and registered office service
Real estate and construction:
- Title due diligence, acquisitions, sales, financing and development of residential, commercial and industrial property
- Construction and infrastructure projects (including PPP) in particular in the transport, health care and energy sector
- Residential and commercial lease transactions
- Taking and enforcing security over real estate
- Real estate and construction-related disputes
- Day-to-day human resources and labour relations matters, including drafting of employment contracts and other employment-related documents
- Employee performance and disciplinary issues
- Employee transfers, mass redundancy and severance payments schemes
- Trade union related matters
- Employment-related disputes
- Work and residence permits
- Clearances of mergers and joint ventures
- Review of business practices from the competition law point of view
- Antitrust investigations relating to abuse of dominance, cartels, competition-restricting agreements and other reviewable matters
- Representing various clients, both employers and employees, in litigation involving employment termination
Bankruptcy and restructuring:
- All debt collection activities
- Representation of creditors within bankruptcy and restructuring procedures
- Restructuring of financially troubled companies
- Pre-litigation/arbitration strategies
- Settlement through negotiations or mediation
- Civil and commercial litigation in all forums and across various industries, in particular
- Representation in international courts in cases of violations of fundamental rights or in connection with the application and interpretation of EU law
Banking and finance:
- Acquisitions, real estate and projects financing, including syndicated lending and security transactions
- Debt restructuring and refinancing
- Banking and financial industry related regulatory matters
- Registration and licensing of various financial market participants and their products, assistance in the relationship with the competent local authorities
Media and entertainment:
- Rights agreements — authors, screenwriters, actors, musicians, film production
- Pre-publication/broadcast review
- Gaming related matters
- Regulatory issues
- Registration of trademarks, patents, designs and inventions, licensing
- Protection of trade names and copyrights
- Unfair competition and misleading advertising
- Litigation involving infringement of IP rights
- Structuring of the public procurement process
- Review and preparation of tender documentation, including bids
- Support in contractual negotiations
- Public procurement review and remedies
Projects, energy and infrastructure:
- Development and financing of projects
- PPP projects
- Acquisition or disposal of infrastructure or energy assets
- Regulatory issues
Commercial and contracts:
- Support to day to day and strategic business activities
- Advice on all forms of commercial contracts, due diligence, drafting, negotiation and closing assistance
- Government contracts
- Critical contracts across all sectors
|Pavol Blahusiak, Managing Partnerfirstname.lastname@example.org||+421 2 58 28 28 28|