Adv Orrin Persky > ES Shimron, I Molho, Persky & Co > Jerusalem, Israel > Lawyer Profile
ES Shimron, I Molho, Persky & Co Offices
1 TECHNOLOGY PARK
- Go to...
Adv Orrin Persky
Corporate and Commercial Transactions; Real Estate Development; Intellectual Property; Litigation and Dispute Resolution; Wills and Trusts.
Adv. Persky, a native of the United States, has been living in Israel since 1970. After clerking with the late Supreme Court Justice Yitzhak Kahan, Adv. Persky joined the firm in 1973.
Adv. Persky has substantial experience in advising foreign entities, governments, companies and investors with interests in Israel regarding activities and assets in Israel. His expertise ranges from real estate development and transactions to commercial and intellectual property litigation. Adv. Persky also possesses experience in venture capital and biotechnology investments. Persky further provides counsel regarding the preparation of wills, inheritance proceedings and trust arrangements, and represents educational, cultural, and charitable institutions. Adv. Persky has, for four decades, handled large-scale real estate development projects in various parts of Israel.
Adv. Persky advises the United States Government and the Federal Republic of Germany in various matters pertaining to diplomatic and consular facilities, as well as with respect to employment issues.
Adv. Persky has furthermore litigated issues concerning diamond industry financing and corporate and real estate issues, including before the District Courts, the Supreme Court, and the High Court of Justice. Adv. Persky led a team – and reached a comprehensive compromise – concerning dispute resolution in a complex biotechnology case related to pharmaceuticals and biotechnology for a large group of American investors adjudicated in the Israeli Courts. In recent years, Adv. Persky has concentrated his litigation activities on technology and biotechnology matters and IP-related issues, including for large public Israeli companies.
Recent significant activities:
- Adv. Persky was recently appointed as Executor of the Estate of the late Albert Benin, comprised of considerable property in the center of Jerusalem, and other assets. Within this framework, Adv. Persky is responsible for the advancement of a Town Plan to construct over 90,000 sq.m. (commercial, residential and tourism) in the center of Jerusalem. The Town Plan will include two residential towers, two hotels, office space and a tourist center.
- Adv. Persky is also responsible for the organization of a tender for the sale of the subject property (some 13 dunam between Jaffa Road and Hanevi’im Street in central Jerusalem). The consideration for the sale will be utilized for our long-term clients, the UJA Federation of New York, and is expected to reach some $100 million.
- Adv. Persky is advancing a Town Plan for the construction of a hotel and residential tower and an additional three residential buildings in the center of Tel Aviv facing the Tel Aviv Port. Deposit of the Town Plan has been achieved, and objection hearings will be heard in the coming months. The client is Siruben Investments Ltd. (the Reuben brothers of England).
- Leads a team dealing with dispute resolution in an extremely complex biotechnology case for a large group of American investors.
- Spearheads the firm’s intellectual property litigation team for foreign and Israeli public and private companies.
- Advises the United States Government and the United States Consulate, the Federal Republic of Germany and UJA Federation of New York in various fields.
- Represents land owners in large-scale real estate developments in the Haifa Bay and Tel Aviv Port areas.
Admitted to the Israel Bar Association (1974).
Adv. Persky served in the past as the Deputy Chairman of the Israel Bar Association, as the Jerusalem representative on the (National) Central Committee of the Israel Bar Association, and as a member of the National Council of the Israel Bar Association. Adv. Persky served for a dozen years as the long-standing chairman of the Bar’s National Clerkship Committee, and was quite active also as the chairman of the Forum on the Status of the Legal Profession and as a representative of the Israel Bar Association in Israel’s parliament – the Knesset – on matters concerning that Forum.
Before his national Bar activities (from 2003), Adv. Persky served as a member of the Jerusalem District and Ethics Committee, and as Deputy Chair of the Disciplinary Tribunal in Jerusalem. Mr. Persky has also served for many years as treasurer of the Yale Club of Israel. Adv. Persky previously served on the faculty of the Bar-Ilan University Law School, where he developed, together with the dean, a course on legal writing, expression, and analysis.
Yale University, B.A., Magna Cum Laude (1970); Hebrew University of Jerusalem, LL.B., Summa Cum Laude (1973).