Noerr > Warsaw, Poland > Firm Profile
Al. Jerozolimskie 93
Noerr > The Legal 500 RankingsNoerr‘s ‘lean but efficient‘ practice is focused on mid to upper-mid market transactions in Poland, with an impressive roster of Polish and international (predominantly German) clients. In 2020-2021, the team handled major deals in the TMT and waste management sectors. Jointly leading the department are Ludomir Biedecki (who ‘delivers the best quality work‘) and the ‘very competent‘ Jakub Lerner. Radosław Biedeck is also recommended.
Ludomir Biedecki; Jakub Lerner
Other key lawyers:
‘The work was very smooth and efficient.’
‘Jakub Lerner is very competent.’
‘We worked with lean, yet very efficient teams with capability to involve experts in any relevant field. The work with open-minded lawyers, always striving to find creative solutions is a strength of this team. Timeliness, availability and responsiveness have been exceptional. All the above provide the comfort that time and resources are used efficiently and it is always possible to overcome obstacles.’
‘Ludomir Biedecki always takes best care of the client’s interest – either by being personally involved or by coordinating team members. He delivers the best quality work, with highest communication standards. What we appreciate is that he can be very firm in negotiations when needed but never aggressive. His team members follow the same rules. It is a pleasure to work with him and his team.’
‘Radosław Biedecki and Ludomir Bierdecki are both highly professional and do excellent work.’
Bauer Media Group
Verlagsgruppe Passau / HKM Beteiligungs GmbH
PreZero / Schwarz Group
TAG Immobilien AG
Telekom Innovation/Deutsche Telekom
AFP (Aluflexpack Group)
Gain Capital (currently StoneX)
Papierfabrik Adolf Jass
- Advising on a series of sector acquisitions in Poland, as part of Rubix Group’s network development strategy. incl. acquisition of PePe sp. z o. o. – a renowned supplier of specialist flow products in Poland, and acquisition of Hafner Pomagier – Trzebuchowscy sp. z o.o (HR Hafner) – a leading provider of a comprehensive product and services offer spanning the entire compressed air and pneumatic chain. The firm is currently advising on further acquisitions in Poland and the Czech Republic, as client’s main counsel on M&A transactions.
- Advised GBA Gesellschaft für Bioanalytik mbH on the acquisition of 100% shares in JARS S.A., a company specialised in conducting laboratory testing
- Advised Bauer Media on the sale of Interia Group to Polsat Cyfrowy
Poland > Real estate Tier 3Noerr provides clients with transactional, lease and investment advice, in addition to supporting on related disputes and financings. Newer areas of focus include the residential for rent sector and an increased interest in greenfield and brownfield sites. The practice also benefits from the firm’s M&A and banking and finance teams. Radosław Biedecki and Paweł Żelich jointly lead the team.
TAG Immobilien AG
Globe Trade Centre
Valeo Siemens eAutomotive
Interprojekt Holding AG
- Advising TAG Immobilien during two acquisition processes in the residential sector in Poland.
- Advising Globe Trade Centre on a number of real estate and corporate matters, including a residential project in Łódź.
- Advising Valeo Siemens eAutomotive on the new strategic investment location in Poland (Czechowice-Dziedzice).
Poland > Employment Tier 4The employment and pensions department at Noerr is led jointly by senior associates Katarzyna Zwierz-Wilkocka and Jarosław Kalikowski. Its client roster includes employers from the professional services, manufacturing, financial services, real estate finance and retail sectors. Core fields of focus for the practice include day-to-day advisory work, projects regarding regulations and transfer of employees, litigation and M&A projects.
‘The work was very smooth and efficient.’
‘Their general knowledge is the essential, fundamental part of what makes them unique.’
‘The team is very focused, reacts quickly and on time.’
‘The legal advice is on spot.’
‘We have worked with Katarzyna Zwierz-Wilkocka. She is very competent and responsive.’
‘Katarzyna Zwierz-Wilkocka is the main star of the firm, her work is outstanding.’
AMD International Sales & Service, Ltd.
Bauer Media Group
- Advised AMD on the transfer of the organised part of the employment establishment and implementation of an obligatory pension plan at a foreign entity.
- Advising Gain Capital on employment, social security and data protection related issues, including also litigation with a former director of a Polish branch.
- Advising Polska Press in a number of matters related to the employment of key employees for several years.
Poland > Banking and finance Tier 5Noerr is able to advise banks and financial services providers on cross-border transactions, particularly in relation to German clients with deals in Poland. Transactional banking expert Ludomir Biedecki heads the practice. Since research concluded, Konrad Werner left the firm.
Globe Trade Centre S.A.
Helaba (Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen Girozentrale)
- Advising Nu-Med Grupa S.A., owner of a network of oncological centres and hospitals in Poland and a portfolio company of a private equity fund managed by Enterprise Investors (one of the largest CEE private equity firms), on the refinancing of the group’s indebtedness by way of a new loan advanced by Kartesia, a Luxembourg private debt fund.
- Advising RAWAG, a Polish subsidiary of Schaltbau specialising in the production of equipment for trains, on a multijurisdictional securitisation programme arranged by Commerzbank.
Noerr > Firm Profile
Noerr stands for excellence and entrepreneurial approach. With highly experienced teams of strong characters, Noerr devises and implements solutions for the most complex and sophisticated legal matters. United by a set of shared values, the firm’s 500+ professionals are driven by one goal: their client’s success. Listed groups and multinational companies, large and medium-sized family businesses as well as financial institutions and international investors all call on the firm.
Warsaw office: The Warsaw office comprises of over 20 highly experienced and specialised advisors. The firm provides its clients with legal assistance in English, Polish, German, and French. The range of Noerr’s advice extends from corporate law issues, real estate and construction through structural measures and business succession as well as banking and finance, capital markets, litigation and arbitration, mergers and acquisitions, life sciences and regulatory work. The practice is also well known for supporting investments – from start-ups to greenfield projects.
Global Reach: As one of the top European law firms, Noerr is also internationally renowned . With offices in 10 countries and a global network of top-ranked ‘best friends’ law firms, Noerr is able to offer its clients truly cross-border advice. In addition, Noerr is the exclusive member firm in Germany for Lex Mundi, the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in 100+ countries worldwide.
Capacity in Central and Eastern Europe: Noerr has long had its own offices in all major Central and Eastern European capitals. The firm regularly advises on greenfield investments, joint ventures, acquisitions and divestments in Central and Eastern Europe by investors from all over the world. With more than 100 professionals, Noerr is one of the leading law firms in the region.
Entrepreneurial Thinking: Noerr’s advisors make their clients’ challenges their own and are always thinking one step ahead. In doing so, they assume responsibility and are at liberty to make their own decisions. The firm is committed to always going the extra mile for its clients and to resolving complex matters with the perfect mix of experience, excellence and sound judgement.
Innovative Solutions: In complex and dynamic markets new approaches are regularly required – and delivered by experts who bring both the know-how and the necessary passion. This is precisely what Noerr excels at: implementing integrated and innovative solutions in the most efficient way.