BallasPelecanos Law > Athens, Greece > Firm Profile
BallasPelecanos Law Offices
10 SOLONOS STREET
106 73 ATHENS
BallasPelecanos Law > The Legal 500 Rankings
Greece > Dispute resolution Tier 2BallasPelecanos Law, an ‘extraordinarily effective’ team, is a full-service law firm involved in litigating cases in courts and tribunals of all instances and managing arbitration proceedings. Its work spans the full spectrum of legal matters, ranging from competition law through to injunction applications and white-collar litigation, for clients in automotive, technology and various other industries. Gregory Pelecanos handles litigation and arbitration cases ranging from construction, energy, and environmental to banking litigation. George Ballas adds considerable litigation experience to the team.
Gregory Pelecanos; George Ballas
Other key lawyers:
Grace Katsoulis; George Moukas; Anthony Mavrides; Dimitrios Giannimaras; Alexander Rammos
‘Extraordinarily effective arbitration practitioners. As a team, their level of preparation for examination of witnesses is unparalleled.’
‘They strike the perfect balance of highly creative problem solving, practical solutions, and a deep knowledge of the European and UK markets in particular.’
‘Gregory Pelecanos is one of the best trial lawyers I have ever worked with. He can do it all: criminal, civil and arbitration.’
‘Gregory Pelecanos is selfless in the way that he works with teams and clients and co-counsel. He is a great mentor to many in the field.’
Mercedes Benz Hellas S.A.
SLHRE NEWCO 2 S.R.L. (Italy)
Amer Sports Export GmbH
S. Manzaropoulos SA.
FKG Dentaire SA (Switzerland)
Toyota Materials Handling SA
Ford Motor Hellas S.A.
Volvo Car Hellas SA
De’ Longhi SPA
TEVA EUROPE PHARMACEUTICALS
Europ Assistance SA (Greek Branch)
- Successfully represented Mercedes Benz Hellas in more than 10 litigations involving product liability, claims from sale of allegedly defective goods and tort liability.
- Represented a major construction company in ICC arbitration against a major wind turbine manufacturer.
- Acted for Pharmathen in two patent cancellation actions pertaining to API Dimethyl Fumarate with the Supreme Administrative Court of Greece.
Greece > EU and competition Tier 2BallasPelecanos Law advises on all competition law compliance matters, including public procurement processes and horizontal and vertical distribution agreements. The practice covers a range of industries, including the energy, consumer goods, and pharmaceuticals sectors, with a particular focus on automotive mandates. Gregory Pelecanos heads up the practice and is further supported by associates Dimitrios Giannimaras and Maria Papageorgiou.
‘We work closely with Senior Partner Gregory Pelecanos, who has unique specialization and hardworking spirit, providing us with state-of-the-art legal services.’
Amer Sport Exports Gmbh
Volvo Greece SA
Ford Motor Greece SA
Mercedes Benz Greece S.A
Association of Motor Vehicle Importers and Representatives
De’longhi SpA-De’ Longhi Kenwood Greece SA
Mega Disposables SA
Lafarge AGET Heracles SA
- Assisted GEK-TERNA SA- MOTOR OIL HELLAS – REFINERY SA with the notification of the Joint Venture between GT and MOH to establish an electricity production plant in Komotini.
- Acted for Aeroservices SA in a dispute concerning a procurement run by the NATO SUPPLY AND PROCUREMENT AGENCY on behalf of the Hellenic Ministry of Merchant Marine and the Hellenic Coast Guard.
- Advised Amer Sports Export and affiliate Suunto OY on an investigation into allegations of vertical price fixing, market partitioning et al in the Greek wristwatch market before the Hellenic Competition Commission.
Other key lawyers:
George Moukas; Vicky Xourafas
‘Full professionalism, excellent knowledge of their subjects, continuous availability, fair pricing, team spirit, technological sustainability.’
‘Unique specialization and hardworking spirit.’
‘State-of-the art legal services.’
‘Good in the division of labor, high efficiency in work.’
‘Very focused advice for various IP issues in Greece, able to provide good, dependable advice often at short notice.’
‘George Ballas is very experienced and provides appropriate advice.’
‘The team at Ballas, Pelecanos & Associates are professional, courteous and helpful’.’
‘Andromache Grammatopoulos and Alexandrea Pangalos are efficient and particularly knowledgeable in the field.’
Laboratoires La Prairie SA
Lafarge / Heracles Cement Company SA
Mercedes Benz Hellas S.A.
Dyson Technology Limited (UK)
Vamvalis Foods SA
Teva Europe Pharmaceuticals
Eli Lilly & Co
Fresenius Kabi Deutschland GmbH
ADDINOL Lube Oil GmbH
- Managing Visa International’s trademark portfolio prosecutions in Greece.
- Representing Teva Europe and Pharmathen SA in several patent infringement proceedings.
- Managing Beiersdorf AG’s Greek trademark portfolio, including assisting the client with several high-profile trademark oppositions.
Greece > Employment Tier 3BallasPelecanos Law counts multinational corporations, including Google, Goldman Sachs, Mitsubishi and Qatar Airways, among its key roster of clients. The practice assists with employment matters relating to acquisitions, commencement of business in Greece and startups, as well as mass lay-offs and terminations. Grace Katsoulis, who is praised as ‘commercial and pragmatic’ and ‘demonstrating strong technical skills’, leads the team.
‘Availability, experience, practical advice and good English.’
‘Grace Katsoulis is on top of all interactions, accountable, experienced and knowledgeable.’
‘The team is very commercial and responsive. They explain complex legal concepts clearly and adopt a solutions-focused approach.’
‘We worked with Grace Katsoulis who was very engaged, responsive and easy to work with. In addition to demonstrating strong technical skills, Grace was commercial and pragmatic. She also demonstrated a strong understanding of the client’s objectives and the relevant sector.’
‘Grace Katsoulis is always well-prepared and competent. She provides accurate evaluations and consultation.’
Qatar Airways Group
Meta (ex Facebook)
Envoy Global Inc.
Europ Assistance SA (Greek Branch)
Ford Motor Hellas
SAS Institute Inc.
Volvo Car Hellas
- Advising Meta on ongoing employment law matters in relation to Meta’s newly acquired Greek start-up, Accusonus.
- Provided GS with comprehensive employment law advice in relation to their newly hired employees supporting their recently established operations in Greece.
- Assisted Ermenegildo Zenga with the termination of employment contracts, as part of their closing down procedures for one of their stores in Athens.
Greece > TMT Tier 3BallasPelecanos Law offers clients the full gamut of legal work relating to cybersecurity, data protection and technology law. The firm has noted expertise in IP law and blockchain technologies and regularly collaborates with international firms on matters for clients in the automotive and defence industry. The practice is co-led by leading data protection specialist, George Ballas, and IT expert, Gregory Pelecanos. The team has been strengthened by the addition of Zoe Provatas who has vast experience helping clients understand and navigate complex data protection regulation. Nikolaos Papadopoulos is another key contact.
Gregory Pelecanos; George Ballas; Zoe Provatas, Senior Associate; Nikolaos Papadopoulos
‘The firm offers a wide range of legal expertise on specialized topics that can cover a client’s needs. They are quick to respond and understand the commercial needs.’
‘Their expertise on the aspects of our business and understanding of our commercial needs and interests.’
Audi AG (via Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP)
Azure Communications Service
Ford Motor Hellas and Ford Europe
Volvo Cars Hellas and Volvo Car Corporation
Porsche AG (via Baker McKenzie)
Facebook (via Baker McKenzie)
Microsoft Corporation (via Davis Wright Tremain LLP)
Apple (via Baker McKenzie)
Google (via Baker McKenzie)
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V.
Tik Tok (via Baker McKenzie)
Disney (via Baker McKenzie)
Spotify (via Baker McKenzie)
Pinterest (via Baker McKenzie)
Dyson (via Baker McKenzie)
Booking.com (via Baker McKenzie)
Baxter International (via Baker McKenzie)
Linkedin (via Baker McKenzie)
Nova (via Baker McKenzie)
Vestiaire Collective (via Bird & Bird)
Amazon (via Baker McKenzie)
- Provided advice to Microsoft Corporation (via Baker McKenzie) regarding the registration process and legal obligations of electronic communications service providers under Greek legislation, prior to the launch of Azure Communications Service in Greece.
- Provided advice to Meta (via Baker McKenzie regarding: the Extended Collective Licensing framework in Greece, advice on a copyright infringement case under Greek copyright legislation, advice on image, and collective societies in Greece. Provided assistance with the Implementation of the DSM Copyright Directive.
- Advised Google (via Baker McKenzie) on election advertisements, among many other matters.
Gregory Pelecanos; Grace Katsoulis
Other key lawyers:
‘We are always able to get precise guidance. Seasoned teams, expert in their domain.’
‘Personal, precise, on-time.’
‘The team at Ballas, Pelecanos & Associates is a high-performing group, both in terms of commitment and in the quality of its advice. Its main strengths are the strong client relationship which it builds and invests in, the business knowledge, technical excellence, a commercial approach and also continuity of personnel.’
‘Gregory Pelecanos combines years of experience with a brilliant strategic mind. He is very proactive and motivated to find solutions that optimize the deal.’
GEK Terna S.A.
NUR Energy Ltd
Heron Thermoelectrical I and II SA
- Advised GEK Terna on matters relating to the establishment of a prospective joint ventures.
- Advised Volvo Car Hellas on financing transactions with regard to Santander Bank.
- Advised NUR Energy in regard to a possible acquisition.
BallasPelecanos Law > Firm Profile
|Company and commercial
|Privatisation and projects
|Mergers and acquisitions
|EU and competition (unfair and antitrust)
|Industrial and intellectual property
|Patents, trade marks, designs (including litigation)
|Copyright and allied rights (including litigation)
|Litigation and arbitration