Licensing in West Midlands
Squire Patton Boggs has a national offering that advises clients on the full range of licensing issues. The team has particular expertise in dealing with hotel licences and transport hubs. Other strengths lie in the convenience retail sector as well as providing support to its corporate, property and insolvency departments. Practice head Stephanie Perraton is well-regarded for her work on all aspects of operational licensing including alcohol, entertainment, late-night food sales and other regulatory issues. Perraton works with a wide range of operators from listed companies to entrepreneurs. In addition Nicola Smith has significant expertise in the hotel and retail sectors and has successfully represented clients at numerous contested hearings across the country.
Other key lawyers:
‘The company is very supportive and engaging no matter what the issues are.’
‘Respectful and dedicated in so far as they will advise and remind us from time to time of particular and possible unforeseen circumstance.’
‘Always get an immediate response.’
Select Service Partner Limited / SSP Air
One Stop Stores Limited
InterContinental Hotels Group
Bryant Park Hospitality (Part of Valor, formerly QMH)
Dalata Hotel Group
- Managing all aspects of Select Service Partner’s licensed estate nationally, which includes units at mainline stations, international airports and Center Parcs.
- Continuing to act for One Stop Stores Ltd in relation to its contested matters.
- Continuing to provide Roadchef with advice on general licensing and numerous applications for the updating of its layouts, including at Sedgemoor, Northampton, Magor and Sandbach services.
- Advising Jurys Hotel Management Ltd on its licensing requirements across England and Wales.
- Continuing to act for RBH Management (formerly Redefine BDL) on a diverse range of licensing matters.
Pillinger & Associates
Amanda Pillinger leads the team at Pillinger & Associates and has considerable skill in advising on all aspects of licensing. The group has particular expertise in advising major supermarkets, restaurants, late-night establishments and members' clubs. Pillinger is experienced at advising on music festivals as well.
Lidl Great Britain Ltd
SC Entertainments Ltd
- Assisted Yakinori Restaurants in its application for a new premises licence and in updating the licences for all four restaurants in its estate.
- Represented Lidl Great Britain Ltd in numerous applications for premises licences throughout the country.
- Continued to provide Lidl Great Britain Ltd with day-to-day advice and support on general licensing queries.
- Continually advising SC Entertainments on existing licensing arrangements for large-scale music festivals and any variations that are necessary to reflect operational changes.