Licensing in West Midlands
Harrison Clark Rickerbys
Harrison Clark Rickerbys has a superb team that routinely acts for retailers, pubs, nightclubs, social clubs, restaurants and sports stadiums. The 'very experienced' licensing and regulatory head Heath Thomas is an experienced advocate who has particular expertise in Licensing Act 2003 proceedings. Consultant Stewart Wright is another key member of the team who is known for his work on taxi licensing and Licensing Act 2003 issues. Associate Laura Shirley is a seasoned solicitor-advocate who is skilled at advising on issues such as premises license applications and sexual entertainment licenses.
The Restaurant Group
Liberty Retail, t/a Liberty of London
Aston Villa Football Club
The Barons Eden Group
The REP, Birmimgham
St Patricks Festival Birmingham
Leominster Sports & Social Club
- Acts for The Restaurant Group, one of the largest restaurant and bar operators in the UK.
- Represented the event organisers and charity, St Patrick’s Festival Birmingham.
- Advised Firefly following an application by Leicestershire Police to review its premises licence.
- Acted for Anthony Feeney, an independent restaurateur operating in Islington’s cumulative impact area on the variation of a premises license.
- Continues to represent a number of adult entertainment venues across the country on a wide range of sexual entertainment venue licensing issues.
Squire Patton Boggs is skilled at advising clients on the full range of licensing matters in the hospitality, leisure, retail and transport sectors. The team acts for a number of major clients on a national basis and has particular expertise in areas such as hotel licences, motorway services and the convenience retail sector. Stephanie Perraton helms the team, while director Nicola Smith is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Select Service Partner Limited / SSP Air
InterContinental Hotels Group
Bryant Park Hospitality
Dalata Hotel Group
London & Regional (Trafalgar Hotel) Limited and London & Regional (Green Park) Limited
- Management of all the licence applications for this client.
- Dealing with all licence applications throughout in 2018.
- Manages all the licence applications for the company.
- Manages all its licence applications.
- Advising on the opening of a new London venue and the redevelopment of an existing venue in Eastcheap.
Emms Gilmore Liberson is recommended for its work in gambling law and routinely acts for both UK-based and overseas clients such as online and non-remote casinos. Under the leadership of Peter Adkins, the team also advises on the full range of alcohol and entertainment licences and acts for all types of venues including hotels, restaurants, night clubs, pubs as well as supermarkets. Adkins also acts for various sexual entertainment venues on diverse licensing matters.
‘Peter Adkins is a very experienced licensing practitioner and delivers a first-class service‘.
Brandasia t/as Ashas
M Leisure Limited + associated companies
Hotels Management / The Rowton Hotel
Bitters N Twisted Group
- Acted in a highly contested application for licences for a new lap dance club in Birmingham.
- Advised on various licensing matters on an urgent basis that arose out of a dispute between the owners / management of two highly successful and long established restaurant / karaoke venues.
- Advised on an urgent application for licences after the hotel run by the company was advised that its existing licence had lapsed.
- Advised on an application for a premises licence for a substantial new premises in Solihull to allow for the sale of alcohol/late night food.
- Retained to advise the client on various licensing matters for five sites.
Pillinger & Associates
Pillinger & Associates is led by Amanda Pillinger, who advises a diverse range of clients on all aspects of licensing. Areas of expertise include advising major supermarkets, restaurants, late night establishments and members clubs. Pillinger is also skilled at advising on music festivals.
‘The firm really does go the extra mile. With its constant communication and its willingness to work out of hours on assignments, it exudes an air of complete control of issues‘.
‘Amanda Pillinger has great attention to detail and an enviable breadth of knowledge that is complemented by a serious desire to do the best in any given situation‘.
S C Entertainments
- Providing general advice to the client on licensing applications throughout England and Wales.