Competition in Ukraine
Other key lawyers:
Sergey Denisenko; Yevgen Blok
‘The team is highly experienced and client-friendly.’
‘Sergey Denisenko is a real professional ready to assist the client most efficiently.’
National Gas Transmission Operator
European Business Association
Sierentz Global Merchants
- Assisted the client with an expanding of the retailer alliance by adding new members.
- Assisted the client with elaborating a comprehensive package of state aid measures for the re-boosting of Ukrainian shipbuilding industry.
- Advised Vodafone Ukraine on seeking approvals from the AMCU.
Ante Law Firm
Andriy Guck; Yuriy Veklenko
‘The team is simply exceptional.’
‘Andriy Guck is exceptional. He grasps key issues and provides practical balanced guidance. Yuriy Veklenko is always a reliable and skilful associate.’
‘Ante has an established track record of success in even the most complex competition and antitrust cases.’
Sanofi-Aventis Ukraine LLC
Qatar Airways Group Q.C.S.C.
British Airways PLC
Perrigo Ukraine LLC
Lutsk Foods LLC (Runa trademark)
Air France – KLM
Bees Airline LLC
Aviation measuring center LLC
Lviv Danylo Halytskyi International Airport
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company Sanofi, in an investigation regarding the violations of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
- Represented Bees Airline in obtaining the right to use air routes.
- Represented the Lviv Danylo Halytskyi International Airport in an investigation proceeding.
Timur Bondaryev; Sergii Shkliar; Lana Sinichkina
Other key lawyers:
‘Arzinger is a full-service law firm, and their banking and practice benefit from close cooperation with other practices within the firm. Arzinger law office is very competent and practical in their legal services. They maintain a great core team of lawyers.’
‘Arzinger is uniquely positioned to provide merger control support in an otherwise unfamiliar jurisdiction. Arzinger has been particularly effective in explaining the unique structure of Ukraining merger control regime.’
Imperial Tobacco Ukraine
Ford Motor Company
Development Construction Holding
Patients of Ukraine Charity Foundation
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceutical Ukraine
- Advised SK Innovation and Ford Motor Company on merger clearance for innovative and several billion USD worth transaction.
- Represented Zeonbud LLC in an ongoing extremely high-profile & complicated abuse of dominance case and challenging the fine in the courts.
- Represented two Ukrainian subsidiaries of Imperial Tobacco group in the court proceeding related to the cancellation of the decision with the record fine imposed by the AMCU.
Other key lawyers:
Oleksandr Voznyuk; Tetiana Vovk
‘Aster’s competition practice is unique in terms of expertise as such, as well as ability to address the variety of side aspects and issues being a part of the big law firm with different practices that may be involved in serving the client.’
‘Professional and personal values of Igor Svechkar make the client stick to his practice, receiving timely comprehensive professional advice with friendliness and rapport.’
‘The team provides clear and prompt responses to clients’ requests.’
- Assisted Visa with obtaining antitrust approval for implementation of memorandum between Visa, MasterCard, and the National Bank of Ukraine.
- Represented Philip Morris in a state aid case regarding $24m tax settlement with the Ukrainian Government under the investment arbitration procedure.
- Assisted AT&T’s WarnerMedia and Discovery with the merger clearance for the merger.
Other key lawyers:
‘Avellum has a premium competition team with exceptional expertise and particular strength in competition litigation, merger control and investigations. The team handles highly complex matters with multiple stages and works very well throughout them.’
‘Mykyta Nota is an excellent competition partner with a very broad background. He has been instrumental in guiding us through some unique and complex issues clearly and concisely.’
‘Avellum has an excellent antitrust team – at the very top and with the best and unique expertise and experience, which are second to none. They can use their expertise and experience to provide practical and hands-on advice, which is very useful.’
‘Partner Mykyta Nota is a true professional, leads the team very well and is very helpful. He is an outstanding practitioner, with deep knowledge of the regulator’s practice, explores all possible aspects, provides possible solutions, and is outstanding.’
‘Avellum is one of the top-notch competition law firms in Ukraine. The team uniquely combines litigation and competition skills. The practice also provides sharp advice on the whole range of competition matters and is brilliant in handling high-profile and complex merger control filings. The team has great relations with competition authorities – understanding the way that they work.’
‘Mykyta Nota is doing a fantastic job. He brings incredibly comprehensive knowledge and knows how to handle delicate situations.’
‘Avellum enjoys a superb reputation for work across all aspects of Ukrainian competition law. The quality of advice is consistently excellent. The team offers exceptional merger control capabilities, often leading high-profile and complex filings. Also, the team has a market-leading competition litigation practice that distinguishes it from the rest of the market.’
‘Mykyta Nota has a wealth of experience in competition law. He is excellent in both his process and results. He has always been a key factor in our work with competition law. He has a keen sense for finding solutions for complicated situations.’
The Saudi Agricultural and Livestock Investment Company
National Power Company “Ukrenergo”
Continium Group Ukraine
Diligent Capital Partners
JSC “CNVCIF “Greenville” and NEST
- Represented Interstarch Ukraine in case against the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine regarding the alleged abuse of dominant position by Interstarch Ukraine.
Baker McKenzie, Kyiv Office
Other key lawyers:
‘Team is very reliable and proactive. Knows the environment well and can advise strategically.’
‘Team is very focused on practicalities trying to give the best result for the clients.’
‘Oksana Simonova, a partner of competition practice, who personally keeps an eye on ongoing matters of a client.’
ZF Polpharma SA
- Advised Brunswick Corporation on a merger control filing relating to the acquisition of Navico, a marine electronics company.
- Advised GlaxoSmithKline on merger control and concerted actions filings related to disposal of its cephalosporin antibiotics business to Novartis and Phase II.
- Advised Acino on the merger control filing related to divestment of Acino group to ADQ.
‘Clacis is a Ukrainian law firm specializing in antitrust and merger control matters, led by Antonina Yaholnyk. We are very satisfied with the services, legal advice and representation offered to us by Clacus and Antonina in particular. The team is very client focused, offers relevant and practical advice, is highly conscientious of the tasks that need to be performed and thinks out of the box in finding solutions to issues arising.’
‘Antonina Yaholnyk is the managing partner of the Firm. She is highly knowledgeable of Ukrainian antitrust and merger control law. She always provides practical, relevant and commercial advice and is very strong on the legal assessment underling her advice.’
A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S
British American Tobacco
Group “T.B. Fruit”
- Assisted Grand Dragon Investment Enterprise Limited (COSCO Group) with AMC’s merger control approval for acquisition of the shares of HHLA Container Terminal Tollerort GmbH.
- Represented Mastercard in obtaining the approval for reduction of domestic interchange fee rates in Ukraine before the Antimonopoly committee of Ukraine.
Olga Belyakova; Maria Orlyk
Other key lawyers:
Eli Lilly and Company
Johnson & Johnson, Janssen
- Advised Air Products on obtaining the required clearances for the transaction of establishment of a joint venture with ArcelorMittal.
- Advised Vodafone Ukraine and Neqsol Holding, its parent company on Vodafone Ukraine’s landmark acquisition of Vega Telecom from SCM Group.
- Advised Eli Lilly and Company on compliant selection of distributors, commercial terms and conditions of collaboration with local distributors.
Other key lawyers:
Yevheniy Deyneko; Andriy Olenyuk
‘The team is well experienced and has good knowledge of the antitrust area. They propose innovative and creative approaches in difficult situations. The team has at least two partners who can advise within the area.’
‘Yevheniy Deyneko and Andriy Olenyuk are partners who advise on antitrust matters. I am happy with their overall work and approach even though matters we worked on together were quite unusual.’
Ilyashev & Partners
UPD Holdings Limited
COFCO Agri Ukraine
Ivano-Frankivsk Cement Plant
The Association of Cement ProducersUkrcement
International Airport Kyiv (Zhulyany)
Reikartz Hotel Management
CLAAS KGaA GmbH
Danube Stevedoring Company
- Assisted the client with obtaining the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine permit for the acquisition of shares of a number of regional companies on gas supply and gasification under privatization.
- Assited teh client with obtaining 6 merger clearances during restructuring of holdings of international investment industrialgroup.
- Represented a polish insurance group PZU in obtainment of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine merger clearance for a number of concentrations.
‘The firm has extensive and longstanding experience in cartel and market investigations, abuse of dominance, antitrust litigation, merger control and unfair competition. The firm handles prominent cases on the domestic market and is well regarded through all industries.’
‘As the firm’s client, I’ve been largely satisfied with the performance of the lawyers and partners involved in our assignments. They are ethical, professional and well-versed in the real estate development and construction sector.’
‘Integrites has been our go-to advisor for many years. Their knowledge of domestic law is impeccable. I’m impressed with their attitude and commitment to us as a client. They are a great team of bright minds, know their job and do it great.’
‘Vyacheslav Korchev is our point of contact with Integrites. I’ve known him as a talented mind, superb at negotiating complicated issues, dependable and in tune with the market. He always supervises the case until it’s resolved. He’s got a firm grasp of the key points in the case and beyond.’
‘The team is ready to act even before we make any commitments. Responsive and reliable.’
‘The firm is known for dealing with and supporting the most complicated projects in oil & gas, energy, heavy and chemical industries. The firm is also known to have good expertise in pharma and retail, FMCG sector. The team works closely with reputable international and domestic economic experts.’
Starokostiantyniv dairy plant
Market Universal LTD
InVivo, Soufflet Group
General Commerce LLC/Q Partners
- Represented InVivo and Soufflet Group in obtaining merger clearance in several FSU jurisdictions.
- Advised Market Universal Ltd on obtaining two merger clearances on the acquisition of 100% of shares in FARM-SOYUZ LTD and acquisition of 100% of shares in DA SIGNA LVIV LTD.
- Advised Starokostiantyniv dairy plant on challenging the AMCU’s decision to impose the biggest fine for unfair competition in Ukraine in the last years.
4i Capital Partners
- Advised 4i Capital Partners on obtaining a merger control clearance within the sale of its controlling stake in the Ukrainian online payment platform Portmone.com to Kaspi.kz.
- Advised Vista, a Cimpress company on obtaining a merger control clearance within the acquisition of the online graphic design editor Crello.
- Advised QTerminals on obtaining of a merger control clearance for Olvia Port Concession.
Legal Alliance Company
‘The team has an exceptional knowledge of the subject matter and result-oriented approach.’
‘Andrii Gorbatenko is a professional you can always rely on in any difficult situation regarding antitrust-related questions.’
- Represented an international pharmaceutical manufacturer in a series of parasitic claims from a competitor, which were related to allegations of unfair competition.
- Assisted a client with the implementation of the model of exclusive distribution of certain veterinary drugs in Ukraine.
- Advised a client of possible models on conducting tender business in Ukraine.
LLC “Deloitte & Touche Ukrainian Services Company”
PJSC “CENTRAVIS PRODUCTION UKRAINE”
- Advised Centravis Production Ukraine PrJSC on competition law issues.
- Advised DANIDA on complex integrity assessments and diagnostics of the two municipally owned enterprises – water.
Pavlenko Legal Group
Odessa Airport Development
Elektrozavod Group of Companies
- Assisted Pharmacy“Dobroho dnya” with obtaining a concentration permit by purchasing a stake in Astoria-Pharm LLC and FC Budte Zdorovi LLC.
- Assisted Agrolife Group with obtaining permits to concentration by purchasing stakes/shares of Astra and Arvid companies.
- Assisted Nest Group with obtaining permission for concentration by purchasing a share in Reitarske LLC. Accompaniment.
Anastasia Usova; Yuriy Terentyev
Other key lawyers:
Black Sea Trade and Development Bank
International Food & Fragrances
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
- Assisted CVC Capital Partners with obtaining merger and concerted practices clearances from the AMCU.
- Assisted Mondelēz International PLC and Chipita S.A. with obtaining merger and non-compete clearances from the AMCU.
- Assisted Louis Dreyfus Commodities and Energy Holdings N.V. with obtaining merger and concerted practices clearances in Ukraine.
Vladimir Sayenko; Maksym Nazarenko; Valentyna Hvozd
‘The team of Sayenko Kharenko provides outstanding competition law advice, always to the point and on time. They are very agreeable to work with and incredibly responsive and fast. They are reliable and very experienced in merger control proceedings.’
‘I strongly recommend Maksym Nazarenko and Igor Pomaz to whom the above description applies.’
‘Sayenko Kharenko is an outstanding firm in competition law. Their advice is always to the point and practical, and they are well-connected to the authority. Even in very challenging times, they have been able to assist. It is a true pleasure to work with them.’
‘I have worked with Maksim Azarenko. He is outstanding and a friendly guy.’
‘Maksym Nazarenko is a superb support regarding detail and depth of analysis and response time.’
‘Sayenko Kharenko is my favourite law firm in Ukraine. They are very experienced and provide excellent legal advice. They are also pragmatic when it comes to cutting through possible red tape.’
‘Valentyna Hvozd and Maksym Nazarenko are excellent practitioners and have provided us with complex strategic advice on some matters.’
‘The team is highly professional, responsive, engaged and delivers excellent results.’
Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
International Flavors & Fragrances
Japan Tobacco International
Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A.
- Represented Japan Tobacco International Group of companies in invalidating the headline-making decision of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine before Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- Advised Avenga on the acquisition of Perfectial Group.
- Advised Bel Group on obtaining Ukrainian merger clearance for the disposal of its Ukrainian business to Lactalis
Sergii Koziakov & Partners
Mykola Podpalov; Nataliia Isakhanova
‘Mykola Podpalov and Nataliia Isakhanova are very professional in this sphere.’
‘Great experience in complex cases gives them a huge competitive advantage. They are very cost-efficient and swift.’
‘Mykola Podpalov is a great advisor.’
Subsidiary Enterprise “Lactalis Ukraine”
PJSC “Lactalis Nikolaev”
The State of Ukraine
Subsidiary Enterprise “Itron Ukraine”
PrJSC “Itron Ukrgas Meters Company”
“Municipal Mechanized Transportation and Loading Distance” LLC
State Enterprise “Ukrspyrt”
Chinese Commerce Association
Fifth guard LLC
- Represented State of Ukraine in ICSID investment arbitration connected with $40m fine imposed on Philip Morris group.
- Represented “Interpipe Ukraine” LLC in litigation against the AMCU regarding anticompetitive concerted actions.
- Represented SC “Lactalis Ukraine” in challenging the AMCU decision on unfair competition with the penalty up to $1.3m.
Uniqa Real Estate
Vienna Insurance Group
- Advised Uniqa Real Estate Property Holding GmbH on its merger filing to the Ukrainian competition authority.
- Advised Glovo on its planned acquisition of Zakaz.
- Advised Vienna Insurance Group on Ukrainian competition law issues in connection with several contemplated M&A transactions.