Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx in South East
Milton Keynes-based Dentons’ practice is a leader across the full range of commercial property matters, including development and house building, real estate finance, infrastructure and regeneration. Its domestic and international clients are drawn from sectors including retail, banking, the automotive industry, logistics, education and the public sector. Roland Gray heads the team. Robert Wyatt and Greg Rigby are other names to note.
ATS Euromaster Limited
Standard Chartered Bank
Nokia UK Limited
British Arab Commercial Bank
Avis Budget Group
John Lewis Partnership
Oak Furniture Land
Royal Mail Group
Scania (Great Britain) Limited
Southampton City Council
Department for Work and Pensions
Transport for London
- Acted for Group 1 Automotive on its acquisition of Robinsons Motor Group.
- Assisting Standard Chartered Bank with a £18m financing of a super-prime London residential property.
- Acting for Taylor Wimpey in the acquisition of a new housing development.
- Ongoing portfolio management for the Department for Work and Pensions.
- Acting for John Lewis on the re-gear of its department store in Westfield Stratford City.
EMW Law LLP
EMW Law LLP has a sizeable real estate department which specialises in occupier work, investment matters, real estate finance, development, planning and construction and social housing. The practice caters for a broad range of clients, from start-ups to household names, as well as for investment and development clients. Stephen Kay heads the department. Allawee Albaghdadi was promoted to partner in April 2018 and leads the department’s development team. Associate Marcus Carter is another key contact. Caroline Hayward moved from partner to consultant.
Inter MK/MK Dons FC
Santander UK PLC
BFS Group Limited t/a Bidfood/Best Food Logistics
Metro Bank PLC
Stonewater Housing Group
Grand Union Housing Group
- Handling the UK real estate due diligence aspects of the sale of Cognita by KKR and EMK to Jacobs.
- Advised the client on the surrender of a lease of an existing Santander branch at Brent Cross Shopping Centre, and the completion of a new lease of new a branch in the same Centre.
- Assisted Care Concern Group with the sale and leaseback of land in Earl Shilton.
- Advised Merchant Properties on the portfolio sale of 33 properties subject to long occupational leases to Travis Perkins group companies.
- Advised BFS Group Limited t/a Bidfood on the acquisition of a development site for the construction of a major temperature-controlled depot in Speke, Liverpool.
Shoosmiths LLP has a long-standing reputation for its work in investment, residential and commercial developments and corporate occupancy. Clients include those in the retail, leisure and finance sectors and it has a strong focus on the automotive sector. It also includes REITs among its clients. Steve Wiltshire heads the practice. Catherine Williams, Lisa Williams and consultant Elizabeth McKillop Paley are other key members.
McKay Securities PLC
Nissan Motor (GB) Limited
Frontier Estates Limited
Galliford Try PLC
Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited
Mercedes-Benz Retail Group UK Limited
Travelodge Hotels Limited
Coca-Cola European Partners PLC
The Deltic Group Limited
Tingdene Estates Limited
Mabey Holdings Limited
Calor Gas Limited
Lloyds Bank PLC
Component Source Ltd
Millbrook Proving Ground Limited
Perseus Land and Developments
- Acting for McKay Securities Plc on the pre-letting of an office development in London and the disposal of a warehouse in Egham.
- Assisted Linden Limited/Galliford Try plc with two large portfolio property disposals.
- Advised Baker Estates Limited on the acquisition of a major site.
- Advised the Warrens Group on the real estate aspects of its joint venture with Culina Group.
- Advised BSH Home Appliances Limited on its pre-let agreement for a lease and a lease on a near 1 million sq ft logistics centre in the Midlands.
B P Collins LLP’s property team has in-depth expertise in the environmental sector in addition to assisting clients with commercial acquisitions involving multiple properties, corporate support, portfolio management and tender processes. Other key areas of strength include advising international entities on their UK property requirements, acting for developers and landowners on all aspects of the development cycle, handling complex transactions in the mining and mineral sector, and working on property acquisitions in major retail and leisure developments. Alison Taylor heads the practice. Maria Mowberry is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
‘The commercial property team offer an excellent service‘.
‘Maria Mowberry has a pleasant personality and an excellent grasp of important issues. She is always responsive and has good communication skills‘.
‘Maria Mowberry covers every possible outcome and issue‘.
The Original Bowling Company/AMF Bowling/Hollywood Bowl
Welford Investments Limited
City and Provincial Properties plc
Mobile Mini, Inc
Lacoste UK Limited
- Advised shareholders on the sale of all the shares in Welland and its subsidiary CEMAR, the leading common data environment provider for construction and engineering projects.
- Advised Clinimed (Holdings) Limited on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Hydrokem UK Limited.
- Assisted Biffa Waste Services Limited with the acquisition of the trade and assets of H&A Recycling Limited a company which was based in Cornwall.
- Handling transactions involving the client taking two leases of property for TV streaming productions.
- Acting for a fashion brand on its retail property requirements in the UK. This includes relocation of one of its outlets to a prestigious location in London.
Blaser Mills Law’s real estate and development team has merged with the commercial property team and is headed by Louise Benning from the Amersham office. The team is also has a presence in High Wycombe and Rickmansworth. made up of experienced property litigators and commercial lawyers, the practice handles a large number of commercial property matters in relation to shops, offices and industrial and commercial units, including sales, acquisitions and finance/security work. It is also active in the hotel and leisure sectors. David Kemp, consultant David Michaels and senior associate Shona Dunning are other key contacts.
- Advised client on a proposed 20 year lease of a new commercial site for a company with a turnover in excess of £20m.
- Advised client on the conditional contract to purchase a property in Greater London subject to planning permission, securing the release of certain restrictive covenants and obtaining certain title indemnity cover in a transaction worth approximately £1m.
- Assisted client with the commercial property implications of a retirement from a partnership.
- Assisted client with the complex purchase of a property.
- Assisted client with a commercial multiple property auction sale consisting of 48 properties worth approximately £1.5m.
Debenhams Ottaway is well versed is a wide range of real estate matters, including landlord and tenant work, property development, sales and purchases of owner-occupied and investment properties and secured lending. The practice has specific expertise in the ecclesiastical, charity, banking and hospitality sectors, as well as in working with local councils. Ruth Boulton from the Radlett office and St Albans-based Jonathan Foy jointly head the practice. Senior associate Neil Mercer is another name to note.
Ruth Boulton; Jonathan Foy
Other key lawyers:
High net worth individuals based in North London
Berry Recruitment Group
Brighton Limited / Finding Fabulous LLP
New Era Fuels Limited
Acorn Braintree Limited
Aitchison Rafferty Group
Crohn’s and Colitis UK – a registered charity in England & Wales
- Advised Brighton Limited / Finding Fabulous LLP on the on-shoring of a high value portfolio of properties held in a number of trusts and offshore companies.
- Assisted the joint liquidators with the sale of residential freehold properties.
- Assisted the purchaser of a high-value residential property which involved a complex title, deeds of covenant and stamp duty issues.
- Acted for Berry Recruitment Group on a number of property matters.
- Handled the relocation of the head office for New Era Fuels Limited.
Freeths LLP’s real estate department has a team dedicated exclusively to the drinks, hospitality and leisure sectors, which is headed by Leo Skinner. The team is also well known for its expertise in transport and logistics, as well as for its work in developments and development finance. Practice co-head Valerie Warman and Shashi Chambers are other key contacts.
Leo Skinner; Valerie Warman
Other key lawyers:
‘High-level knowledge, responsiveness and efficiency‘.
‘I am always impressed by the speed of response and willingness to immediately help even at extremely short notice‘.
‘Professional, expert, concise and commercial‘.
TNT (UK) Limited
London Luton Airport
Casual Dining Group
Milton Keynes Parks Trust
Fedex Group of Companies
Burger King UK
Dawson Group Plc
SMC Pneumatics UK
Jardines UK Ltd
Bristol Airport international airport
- Assisted Milton Keynes Parks Trust with the acquisition of a multi-let office estate of 40 units and the sale of a multi-let office of around 30 units.
- Advised Charles Wells which is a pub company with an estate of around 200 pubs, leased, tenanted and managed, on the acquisition of Frontline Inns.
- Assisting Bristol Airport with general commercial and retail support.
- Providing ongoing real estate and commercial advice to London Luton Airport Operations Ltd.
- Providing continuing advice on all TNT (UK)’s real estate needs.
IBB (Iliffes Booth Bennett)
IBB (Iliffes Booth Bennett)’s practice is best known for residential development and commercial real estate work. Key expertise includes strategic acquisitions, regeneration projects and planning advice. It also handles promotion of land for residential developments and affordable housing. The team is active in the warehouse and distribution, hotel and charity sectors. Bill Bidder is the renowned practice head and consultant Susan Mawson specialises in residential developments and regeneration work. Gemma Coles is another name to note.
‘Excellent communication and approachability‘.
‘IBB’s commercial awareness is excellent. They are also very pragmatic when they need to get the deal done‘.
‘Great service all round‘.
‘Bill Bidder has extensive knowledge and experience spanning 40 years, which is invaluable for the most complex projects‘.
Lands Improvement (part of the Telereal Trillium Group)
Thrive Homes Limited
Riverdale Developments Limited
Optima (UK) Limited
AIB Group (UK) plc
Renault Retail Group UK Limited
- Acted for a major national housebuilder in relation to the acquisition of parcels of land from different landowners at an industrial estate for the development of 394 residential dwellings.
- Acted for a client in taking two leases of individual premises in excess of 250,000 square feet which were required in order to enable the client to meet its commitments under the wider supply chain.
- Assisted a client with the reorganisation and refinancing of four hotels in London and the Midlands in order to facilitate the construction of a new hotel.
- Advised a client on the acquisition of Phase 2 of a large former industrial site in greater London, for the development of a substantial number of residential dwellings.
- Assisted a property fund with the sale of warehouse units let to a major building and plumbing supplies distributor.
SA Law LLP
The real estate practice of SA Law LLP in St Albans is jointly headed by Steve Kenneford and Terence Ritchie. Key areas of expertise include real estate finance, residential and commercial developments, insolvency-related work as well as the handling of specific issues relating to listed buildings and agricultural land. While handling a significant amount of matters with a national scope, the practice has strong links within the region, assisting local clients with high-profile projects, particularly in property development and secured lending. Gary Dunger is recommended.
Steve Kenneford; Terence Ritchie
Other key lawyers:
‘Their level of expertise is extremely high‘.
‘A very hard working team which always assists and guides us to obtain the best possible results‘.
‘Always willing to explain issues in a readily understandable manner‘.
‘Gary Dunger’s professionalism and knowledge base is extremely impressive‘.
Royal Bank of Scotland
Watford Association Football Club
Sheraton Property Ltd
Portman Finance Ltd
- Handling development work for a client from site assembly and planning to plot sales across numerous sites in the northern Home Counties and East Midlands.
- Advised a client on the £1.6m acquisition of a new warehouse unit in North London.
- Advising a client on a joint venture involving air rights.
- Handled a high-value, complex property finance transaction involving a brownfield site.
- Advising a client on the acquisition and subsequent development of a site on Battersea Bridge Road.
The team at Sherrards Solicitors LLP has longstanding expertise in the retail, leisure, hospitality, healthcare and banking sectors. High-profile work includes acquisitions, financing and the development of residential, commercial and mixed-use sites. The team also handles easement matters, planning and landlord and tenant work. Terry Fendt heads the practice. Stephanie Kierans and managing partner Alasdair McMillin are also recommended.
‘Always professional and commercial‘.
‘Terry Fendt and Stephanie Kierans are the most commercially aware solicitors I’ve ever used‘.
‘Stephanie Kierans stands out. She deals with everything very quickly and efficiently‘.
Pico’s Limited (trading as Benito’s Hat)
Eat At The Works Limited
Energie Property (UK) Limited
FoodCo. UK LLP (trading as Muffin Break)
Chokdee Limited (trading as Giggling Squid)
Chas Lowe & Sons
Gift Universe/Menkind/Red 5
Rituals Cosmetics UK Limited
- Assisting Pico’s Limited (trading as Benito’s Hat) with its acquisitions of two new restaurant premises.
- Assisted Funstation Limited with its acquisition of leisure premises in Xscape Milton Keynes.
- Assisting Amey Plc with its re-gearing of a lease of head office premises.
- Assisted Eat At The Works Limited with its acquisition of restaurant premises in Chelmsford.
- Assisting Energie Property (UK) Limited with its acquisition of gym premises and new head office.
Harold Benjamin’s commercial property team handles property developments, secured lending, real estate investments and leasing matters, especially in the retail and leisure sectors. The team is also known for its experience in working with a number of luxury brand owners. The practice is headed by Ray Oshry and other names to note include Vijay Parikh, who was made managing partner in January 2019, and retail specialist Robert Souber.
‘Reliable, easy to communicate with anyone, even at partner level‘.
‘Always there to help, protect our interests and offer valuable advice‘.
HCUC (being a merger of Harrow and Uxbridge Colleges)
Bright Little Stars
One Savings Bank t/a Kent Reliance
- Advising HCUC (a merger of Harrow and Uxbridge Colleges) on property matters, in particular related to the merger of the two entities.
- Advising luxury fashion client, Alexander McQueen on a move to a new Bond Street flagship store.
- Advising Prideview Developments on its investment in seven commercial units in Northampton.
- Assisting Bright Little Stars with a large property portfolio of nursery businesses.
- Assisting American Dry Cleaners Group of Companies with its full property portfolio management.
Hewitsons’ real estate practice is best known for its longstanding work with Government agency Homes England. The team assists this client with the disposal of large mixed-use developments including residential plots, commercial offices, schools and community facilities, to national house builders and developers. In addition, the team specialises in residential and commercial development projects, housing infrastructure grant funding to local authorities and landlord and tenant law. Yvette Morgan and David Wells head the practice.
Yvette Morgan; David Wells
AW James Ltd
XPO Transport Solutions Ltd
Bright Horizons Family Solutions Limited
Richard Utley Ltd
Delapre Abbey Preservation Trust
Bedford College (FE)
Booyah Investment Ltd
Levitt Bernstein Associates Ltd
Braham Good LLP
Wimbledon Property Holdings Ltd
United Learning Group
The Trustees of the Wilson Foundation (Charity)
Community Spaces Northampton (charity)
- Acting for AW James Limited, a major Milton Keynes-based property company, on a pre-letting agreement.
- Assisted Levitt Bernstein Associates Limited with the leasehold acquisition of redeveloped office accommodation.
- Acting for Homes England (the trading name for Homes and Communities Agency) on the disposal of a development site at Hardingstone, Northampton to a major UK house builder by way of a conditional agreement.
- Assisted Wimbledon Property Holdings Ltd/Marchmont Investment Management Limited with the grant of a lease of part of a building to a finance company and which involved construction law issues.
- Acting for Bright Horizons Family Solutions Limited with a cross-office team of real estate lawyers on the acquisition of a chain of nurseries.
Howes Percival LLP’s commercial property team in Milton Keynes is headed by Lisa Mantle, who has strong expertise in property finance. The practice offer a full range of real estate-related services to clients, including residential and commercial developments, commercial and strategic land acquisitions and disposals and investment fund acquisitions and disposals. Mark Davies specialises in the formation of joint venture vehicles and multi-party landowner and investor agreements, with a focus on the education sector.
Other key lawyers:
Milton Keynes College
- Assisted Milton Keynes College with a £18m consortium bid for Government funding intended for the creation of a new Institute of Technology at Bletchley Park.
Nockolds Solicitors’ commercial property team in Bishop’s Stortford regularly handles property development matters such as site assembly, option and development agreements and Section 106 agreements with local authorities. It also deals with the
sale of social housing as part of residential developments. The client base includes regional and national developers, occupiers and investors. Michael Talbot heads the practice. Andrew Fernandes is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
‘Good strength in depth; they are friendly, approachable and proactive‘.
‘They have handled some complex and high-value deals efficiently to achieve our objectives within tight timescales‘.
‘Very good communication and excellent service‘.
‘Andrew Fernandes is simply excellent to deal with. He has great attention to detail with a pragmatic and professional approach‘.
Fairview New Homes PLC
Thomas Sinden Development
Beverley Homes Limited
Foxley Homes Limited
Office Space in Town
The 36 Group
- Assisted a client with its acquisition of office space in London for a premium of £21.35m
- Assisted a consortium of Seven Landowners with the sale of major development site.
- Assisted a regional house builder with the acquisition of a site for 1,000 new apartments.
- Assisted The 36 Group with its acquisition of new leasehold space.
- Assisted Scoffs Group PLC with the acquisition of entire issued share capital of a company holding 57 Costa Coffee outlets.
Taylor Walton LLP’s team is experienced in development work, property finance and real estate acquisition and disposal mandates. The retail sector is an area of growth for the practice, as is work with charities. The practice head is Angela Thomas. Managing partner Dermot A Carey and Michael Kelly are other key contacts.
The Entertainer (Amersham) Limited
Brook Street (UK) Limited
Chamberlain Holdings Plc
Jarvis Group Limited
Tees Law, which merged with Essex firm Wortley Byers at the beginning of 2019, handles a wide range of real estate matters including commercial and residential landlord and tenant, commercial and residential management, acquisitions and disposals as well as property finance matters. Other areas of expertise include advising on agricultural property, mineral exploitation and energy projects. The practice is headed by David Miller. Govan Bramley and associate Bilyana Munic are other names to note and Charles Stevens joined from Hewitsons in 2018.
‘A specialist team dealing with development matters, option, promotion agreements and so on. The also have a deep understanding of tax issues, trading and pooling‘.
‘Hard working, pragmatic and experts in their field‘.
‘Bilyana Munic provides more than the fees she bills‘.
Bellis Homes Limited
Birchanger Investment Company Ltd
Braybrooke Settled Estate
Evolution Insurance Company Limited
Greene King Brewing & Retailing
Hastingwood Developments (Harlow) Ltd
Haverhill Properties Ltd
Hereward Estates Ltd
Newhall Projects Limited
Paul William Humphrey and Jane Humphrey
Pelham Structures Limited
Places for People Homes Limited
Pub Prop Ltd
Vacton Properties (South) Ltd
Zero C Holdings Limited
- Assisted Places for People Homes Limited with a deed of modification of a planning obligation under section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- Advised Newhall Projects Limited on the sale of development land with planning consent to build 106 dwellings.
- Assisted Places for People Homes Limited with the purchase of land in Cornwall.
- Assisted client with leasing a commercial unit on a small development site, including rectifying issues with previous letting which was incomplete.
Watford-based VWV’s team specialises in property development, acting for developer clients of residential, commercial and mixed-use development sites and assisting landowners, including private individuals, charities and educational institutions on large disposals of land for development. Property investment and property finance are other areas of strength, as is property management support for clients. The team is jointly headed by David Marsden and David Power. Joe Kwok is also recommended.
David Marsden; David Power
Other key lawyers:
‘Good attention to detail and prompt responses‘.
‘Strong commercial connections and wide range of in-depth expertise‘.
‘Commercial, pragmatic, granular regional knowledge and, most importantly, fun to work with‘.
‘We have a strong long-term relationship with Joe Kwok‘.
‘I trust Joe Kwok‘.
Fox Funding LLP
Oakford Homes Limited
Pharmaceutical Group of Companies
Oakman Inns and Restaurants Limited
Laxton Properties Limited
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Europe Limited
GPF Lewis plc
Osprey Homes Limited
- Assisting Salmon Limited with a pre-let of 28,000 square foot new grade A office premises in Watford.
- Panel member of a private funder who is very active in bridging finance and development loans.
- Assisting Oakford Homes Limited with the purchase of Wyevale Garden Centre Beaconsfield for residential development.
- Advising Oakman Inns and Restaurants Limited on the purchase, joint venture acquisition and financing of a number of public house businesses.
Woodfines LLP’s commercial property department is known for its expertise in lender-side, high-value transactions in relation to residential and commercial developments. It also advises on planning, infrastructure agreements and landlord and tenant work and related environmental matters. The practice is headed by Sylvia Goulding from the Bedford office. Other notable names include Milton Keynes-based Suzanna Stephenson and senior associate Suzanne Folbigg, who specialises in agricultural matters. The practice has been active in recruiting at the junior level.
‘A wide range of services and staff who are always happy to be contacted and who also keep us updated makes Woodfines a law firm easy to recommend and to deal with‘.
‘Commercial property is a very strong element for the Bedford office. They are experienced and more than hold their own‘.
‘Good communication and quick responses‘.
‘Practical and helpful advice that assists decision-making‘.
‘Sylvia Goulding always provides us as with first class, well considered, highly professional advice‘.
‘Sylvia presents any difficulties, options and risk elements in a concise and unambiguous way‘.
Bedford Athletic Rugby Football Club
Bedford Group of Internal Drainage Boards
Bedfordia Group Companies
Continental Landscapes Limited
Fen Reeves of Biggleswade Common
Geodis UK Limited
Habro Properties Ltd
Lousada plc and numerous group companies
Parrott Construction Limited
Parrott Holdings Limited and the Parrott group companies
Active Urban Property Group Limited
- Assisted Parrott Development LLP with the sale of a development site part way through construction and subject to overage obligations.
- Assisting Bedfordia Developments Ltd with the conditional sale of a listed building and large site for development.
- Assisted Geodis Ltd with the acquisition of over 277,000 sq ft of industrial warehousing on the new, prestigious distribution estate at Optimus Point, Leicester.
- Assisting Linkline Transport Limited with the agreement for the lease of a new build logistics centre including over 130,000 sq ft of warehouse in Prologis Park, Wellingborough.
- Assisted Mongiovi with the sale of shop/residential mixed use property.
The Crane & Staples LLP team, based in Welwyn Garden City, specialises in a range of real estate-related matters, including acting for newly-formed businesses acquiring their first commercial premises, assisting portfolio landlords with commercial lease renewals, as well as enfranchisement and portfolio refinancing. When necessary, the team works in conjunction with the dispute resolution department to offer a full service to clients. Bonnie Twiggs and Christopher Brewis head the practice.
Bonnie Twiggs; Christopher Brewis
‘The practice has an excellent range of specialists who are able to offer advice relating to various aspects of commercial property‘.
‘I have always been impressed with the knowledge and dedication to their clients‘.
‘Their response times are excellent, we are always kept informed and up-to-date, and the team have always displayed high levels of business acumen and industry knowledge‘.
‘Crane & Staples provide a service that really understands their clients’ needs. They are quick to respond and their level of professionalism is among the best I have ever worked with‘.
‘Bonnie Twiggs is excellent at her work. Efficient and very knowledgeable‘.
‘Chris Brewis and his colleagues clearly displayed excellent knowledge and understanding of the intricacies of conveyancing throughout our transactions‘.
Cresthaven Developments Limited
Peter Alexander Investments Limited
Davidson – Roberts Limited
Chapman Ventilation Limited
The Wellness Centre Group of Companies
Meadow Holdings Limited
Deepwell Properties Limited/Peter and Linda Redburn
Netherdown (Herts) Limited
Ladkarn Holdings Limited/Ladkarn Estates Limited
Beechwood Financial Services
PC Gill & Sons (Property) Limited
WMS Data Solutions Limited
Renshaw UK Limited
Herts Property Management Limited
Lawlock Limited/Anergreen Properties Limited/Mark Scarborough-Taylor
Willow Securities Limited
- Assisted a client with the acquisition of a listed building valued at £1.25m subject to multiple occupational tenants.
- Assisting a client with a number of matters related to the development of a residential site in Stevenage.
- Assisted a client with transactions involving the acquisition of a site and the subsequent development of four new build flats.
- Acting for a client looking to build a second dwelling within the rear garden of their property with an anticipated value of approximately £1m and assisting with a number of related agreements.
- Assisting a corporate client with the sale of commercial land to a national developer conditional on obtaining planning for 40+ new dwellings.
Geoffrey Leaver Solicitors LLP
Geoffrey Leaver Solicitors LLP’s commercial property team is well versed in the areas of construction, property investments, planning and property disputes. Its clients include housing associations and occupiers (landlords and tenants. The practice is headed by Darren Millis and Richard Willis.
Darren Millis; Richard Willis
The team at Lennons Solicitors has a strong reputation in Buckinghamshire for its expertise across a wide spectrum of commercial property matters, including landlord and tenant, acquisitions and disposals of investment properties and secured lending. It advises a diverse range of clients, from local companies to large house builders. Managing director Andy Coyle heads the practice. Associate Ed Monniot joined from B P Collins LLP in November 2018.
Other key lawyers:
‘An excellent team with increasing depth, available to assist on various matters‘.
‘Lennons provide excellent, professional, quick and reasonably priced service to their clients‘.
‘They treat any problems or concerns that you may have as their own and act accordingly‘.
‘The practical approach that they apply to any query is very different to any other lawyers that I have used and is most refreshing‘.
‘Andy Coyle is unique in his attention to detail and concern for the well being of all his clients‘.
‘Andy’s work ethic is second to none and his care and consideration a constant source of amazement’.
Howarth Homes Plc
W.E. Black Limited
Hawridge Properties Limited
New Homes Estates Limited
Lioncrest Homes Limited
- Advised a client on the conditional purchase of a development site for a residential scheme and immediate sub-sale to a housing association.
- Advised a client on the purchase of a freehold investment property subject to leases.
- Advised a client on the purchase of newly-developed supermarket pre-let to an international retailer.
- Advised a client on a complex tax-structured sale of a newly-converted barn complex.
- Advised a client on the forward sale of a development site to a housing association on phased basis.
The commercial property team at Longmores Solicitors LLP acts for a wide range of clients from the public and the private sector, with a traditional focus on landowners located both within and outside Hertfordshire. The team is experienced in rural/strategic land sales with options and overage provisions and promotion agreements. Rachael Spalton heads the practice. Victoria Sandberg is another name to note for her expertise in rural affairs.
Other key lawyers:
‘Long-term relationship with clients and wide experience enable Longmores to deliver advice in a timely and focused way‘.
‘I rate Rachael Spalton very highly. She combines a excellent legal understanding of her area with a strong commercial understanding‘.
‘Rachael Spalton and Victoria Sandberg always provide sound advice and are not only alert to potential problems but also to possible solutions‘.
The Tappenden Group
Trent Developments Limited
Simmons (Bakers) Limited
Wedge Investments Limited
Hertfordshire County Council
Pulse Healthcare Limited
Svenska Handelsbanken AB
Fayers Plumbing and Building Supplies Limited
Hertfordshire and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
Great Northern Works Limited
- Assisted a client with the £4m sale of a property with overage and lease-back.
- Acted for a landed estate on a £2m property sale.
- Acted for the executors of a deceased’s estate on a £1.4m property sale with complex overage.
- Acting for a landowner on a promotion agreement.
- Advised a client on the sale of an industrial property for £4.775m.
Machins Solicitors LLP deals with small to mid-sized property portfolios (up to £50m) and advises a wide range of clients, including individual property investors, charities and banks. The team has in-depth expertise in property and estate development work, auction transactions, freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals of development land. The practice is headed by Santokh Singh. Nick Ginger is another key contact.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team have a long-standing knowledge of our business and the commercial property activities related to them‘.
‘We love to work with Santokh Singh‘.
‘Nick has advised us on various transactions and issues over the years, and is aware of the commercial sensitivities involved, as well as the legal requirements to be considered‘.