Tuca Zbârcea & Asociatii comes highly recommended for top-end commercial real estate and construction advice. Few firms can rival the depth and breadth of the team, which is led by the highly-rated Razvan Gheorghiu-Testa. He is backed by a strong team of partners and associates, including Dan Borbely, who has a strong focus on the residential, retail and office sectors, Oana Ureche who handles related corporate acquisitions and sales, and the versatile Dragos Apostol. The team's client base includes investors, retailers, banks, asset managers and property developers. Managing associates Amalia Dumitru and Alexandra Peres are well-regarded.
Firms in the Spotlight Real estate and construction
Boanta, Gidei & Asociatii SCP (in association with CEE Attorneys)
At BOANTA, GIDEI & ASOCIATII SCP (in association with CEE Attorneys) we cover every aspect of the real estate market and cooperate with commonly known respected construction companies, real estate funds, management companies, architecture offices, at local and regional level.View Profile...
Real estate and construction in Romania
Răzvan Gheorghiu-Testa; Dan Borbely; Oana Ureche; Dragoş Apostol
Other key lawyers:
Raluca Misu; Amalia Dumitru; Alexandra Peres
‘Interdisciplinary team approach, responsive and business driven in all instances (and putting themselves in the client’s shoes)’
‘Raluca Misu – outstanding not only in terms of being professional in real estate and leasing but also from client and human relation perspective. A very proactive problem solver.’
‘Dragos Apostol is outstanding covering all corporate real estate and contracts. Very focused and business driven.’
‘Extensive and consolidated experience in all areas of real estate. Great capability for in-depth analysis and for tailored advice, by applying a reality filter on each situation (not just theoretical points of view).’
‘I have nothing but praise for the firm. Razvan Testa is a one of a kind real estate lawyer, with very practical business judgment. His commercial acumen and ability to properly assess the pros and cons in a real estate deal are unique. Razvan leads a first-class real estate team. Raluca Misu: very experienced and well-prepared, she grasps issues quickly and with insight Alexandra Peres: very hardworking, extremely thorough and professional ’
‘Their team has a vast knowledge and legal expertise for being involved in complex transactions. They are dedicated and promptly offer solutions in their clients best interests. ’
‘Razvan Testa is an excellent lead lawyer and built a truly exceptional team with Alexandra Peres, Ioana Marculet, Raluca Misu, on which you can rely in all circumstances. In case of difficult tasks and court cases Dan Cristea and Ionut Serban can offer solutions.’
Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing
Value Investor Expert
Al Dahra, the farming division of the largest UAE investment fund
Vodafone Group Services plc
Speedwell (Belgian real estate investment fund)
Michael Kors US
Thames Farming Fund (part of Insight Investments – a member of BNY Mellon)
Astra Rail Management GmbH
Pipera Development Investment Group (Romanian Irish retail centres developers)
Coca-Cola HBC Romania
South Development Group (airport infrastructure developers)
Cinema City Romania
Deutsche Schule Bukarest (developers of the German school in Bucharest)
BT Building (real estate developers, part of Banca Transilvania group)
Complexul Multifunctional Victoria
BRD Société Générale (real estate finance)
Superbet Group, part of Blackstone
- Advising Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing (MSREI) in connection with the fund’s first investment in Romania: the acquisition of America House from the French real estate investment fund AEW.
- Advising Carrefour on the expansion of its hypermarkets and supermarkets network and related logistic facilities.
- Advising Premier Restaurants Romania (McDonald’s) on all legal issues related to its expansion in Romania, including the acquisition of land suitable for the construction of restaurants.
Nestor Nestor Diculescu Kingston Petersen has an impressive and comprehensive real estate service. The firm's network of five Romanian offices gives it an unrivalled domestic footprint for deal with a national scope. The specialised team works across a range of sectors, including retail, residential, hospitality, office and industrial, as well as areas such as agribusiness and forestry. Clients include major real estate financiers, investment funds, developers, construction companies and corporate owners and leaseholders. Ioana Niculeasa leads the three-partner team, which includes Vlad Tanase, who is active on the contentious side, and Lavinia Ioniță-Rasmussen. Managing associate Ioana Grigoriu is also well regarded.
Other key lawyers:
Vlad Tanase; Lavinia Ionita Rasmussen; Ioana Grigoriu
‘The strength of this team is the people. The expertise and self confidence shown by Vlad Tanase demonstrated to us that we made the right choice.’
‘Vlad Tanase’s experience and expertise is extremely valuable for us. Just talking with Mr. Tanase, he gives you the comfort he “has his hands on” the case. I believe he built his career on strong foundations sustained by important pillars: seriousness, knowledge, analytical thinking, and permanent engagement.’
Globalworth Real Estate Investments Limited
BCR (Erste Group)
AFI Europe (Africa-Israel Europe)
Columbus Real Estate
Weisenburger Real Estate
- Assisting Day Group in the leasing of the Day Tower building to ENEL and then subsequent €30m sale to CFH.
- Advising BCR onthe sale of the historic Bucharest City Center project.
- Assisted Forte Partners in leasing its office portfolio in Bucharest, including the Serban Voda offices and the landmark lease of 12,500 sqm concluded with Endava, a major UK IT company.
Real estate law is a core area for Peli Partners, whose lawyers include a number of leading figures in the market. The firm covers all areas including land acquisitions, project developments and financings, construction contracts, lease agreements and sales (typically done under a corporate structure). Related contentious proceedings also feature prominently, as have risk mitigation strategies and contract renegotiations in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Founding partner Francisc Peli and Oana Bădărău are the firm's two lead partners. The firm has a deep team of senior associates including Mădălina Fildan, Ioana Waszkiewicz and Alexandra Ioniță.
Other key lawyers:
Francisc Peli; Mădălina Fildan; Ioana Waszkiewicz; Alexandra Ioniță
‘Oana Badarau and Francisc Peli have been involved during the last 15 years in very complex real estate transactions and they have delivered great services within this field.’
‘They are one of the most experienced on the market and they have an impressive list of credentials. Whatever problem you have, they have seen it before and are able to come up with a couple of bright ideas on how to tackle it on the spot.’
‘Oana Badarau is a master in perfectly coordinating her team. While they run multiple projects at any given time, they manage to give each and every one of the clients the impression that they are the “one and only”. She is a mature lawyer, has seen it all and uses that expertise to tackle just about anything a project brings on.’
‘Francis Peli – very smart, full of solutions ( he’s a very good chess player and you feel it when you stand by ) confident and all the time available to explain different strategies. ’
‘We work with Oana Badarau and her team and I cannot praise her enough. She is an excellent negotiator, on top of having a solid legal and business background. We feel safe when working with her.’
‘Highly professional team, thorough, committed and willing to accommodate every deadlines.’
‘We have worked with Francisc Peli and Alexandra Ionita. They addressed all of our needs and responded to all our questions in a timely fashion. They were always available and very helpful.’
‘I have worked with Ioana Waszkiewicz and Madalina Fildan, both Senior Associates at the firm. Even though they have different styles, both of them are detailed oriented, which gives me piece of mind entrusting them any type of analysis or drafting of documents. ’
Globe Trade Centre
Argo Real Estate
GLL Real Estate Partners GmbH
Alpha Real Estate Services
- Assisting Skanska in relation to various matters related the development and leasing of Equilibrium and Campus 6 projects, as well as the sale of Campus 6.2 and Campus 6.3.
- Assisting GLL Real Estate Partners in relation to the sale of Floreasca Park, an office complex located in the northern part of Bucharest, with a GLA of approx. 40,000 sq. m.
- Assisting Portland Trust in connection with the sale, by means of a share deal, of its Oregon Park office project located in Bucharest, consisting of approximately 70,000 sq. m GLA, to Lion’s Head Investments.
Popovici Nitu Stoica & Asociatii is regularly instructed on the country's more complex real estate transactions and development projects. Clients include land owners, developers, investment funds, lenders and strategic investors. The firm's strong corporate team gives it an edge on the many deals done under a corporate structure. The past year saw it involved in several significant land acquisition and development projects, including residential, retail, mixed-use and industrial. Florian Niţu heads the transactional side, with Valentin Creața leading the development group. Other key partners include Bogdan Stoica, Ioana Șampek and Cristian Popescu, who is experienced in farm land deals.
Florian Nițu; Valentin Creata;
Other key lawyers:
Bogdan Stoica; Cristian Popescu; Ioana Sampek
‘ High standards of professionalism and their approach is a business oriented one, not only a legal view.’
‘A very well set organization, with charismatic leaders .’
Auchan Group (Auchan Romania, Immochan, Leroy Merlin)
GLL Real Estate Partners
P3 Logistic Parks
- Advised Dedeman on the development and forward purchase of The Bridge 2 project and, more recently, the development and forward purchase of The Bridge 3.
- Advised VGP Group in connection with its VGP Parks projects, for the development of a chain of logistics centres and warehouses, involving a €100m land acquisition budget.
- Advised WDP on the acquisition of three warehouse centres for a cumulative value of over €50m.
Commercial real estate law is a core area for Reff & Associates SCA, and this is reflected in the firm's strong market standing. The team enjoys a good reputation for complex non-contentious and contentious real estate and construction advice. High-end development projects and acquisitions feature prominently. The team is noteworthy for cross-border deals, representing a good mix of international and domestic developers, investors retailers and lessors. Irina Dimitriu leads the highly-rated team, which also includes co-managing partner Alexandru Reff.
Other key lawyers:
Fribourg Development Limited
Haier Tech / Candy Hoover Group
IKEA Romania SA
Infrared Partners / Expo Market Doraly
- Assistance to the investment fund NEPI Rockcastle, on the €300m sale of an office buildings portfolio to AFI Europe.
- Advised the Dutch financial holding company, Forum Serdika, owned by the British investment fund East Balkan Properties plc, on the sale of its industrial park Equest Logistic to the industrial and logistics park development and management company, CTP.
- Advised Fribourg Development Limited on the sale of Liberty Technology Park in Cluj-Napoca, to White Star Real Estate, which was structured as a share deal.
Schoenherr si Asociatii SCA offers a multi-faceted real estate team that works closely with other departments and the firm's international network on complex cross-border transactions. The team covers all asset classes, although clients especially appreciate its expertise in the agribusiness and forestry sector, both for regulatory and commercial support. These are areas where Simona Chirica and managing associate Mădălina Mitan are of particular note. Managing partner Sebastian Gutiu leads the firm's group-wide real estate team, ensuring a joined-up approach throughout the region. The versatile Oana Constantinescu is strong on transactional, development and environmental matters.
Other key lawyers:
Simona Chirică; Oana Constantinescu; Mădălina Mitan
‘Team with a high willingness to quickly develop new areas, working beyond normal working hours. In addition, each individual and the whole team is extremely friendly and also helpful in addition to the core area of legal advice.’
‘Our requests were answered by great availability, outstanding professionalism and on-point solutions. Even though these three qualities that I highly appreciate might sound common, in practice they are rarely met and these make the team totally stand out.’
‘The real estate team at Schoenherr si Asociatii SCA has a strong expertise in agribusiness. To the best of my knowledge, there are only a few Romanian lawyers who can easily handle such a niche specialisation and I do not think there is another large business law firm in the market to have a full time team covering the agriculture sector. Our market is one that involves some very particular legislative requirements and Schoenherr is fluent in navigating them all, due to their long history of working for agribusiness investors. ’
‘Fast response time and commercial understanding of client’s needs. ’
‘Sebastian Gutiu is one of the most valued lawyers and partners I have worked throughout my over 20 years career in real estate. Listening carefully, analyzing issues, and always bringing his solution-oriented, well-thought out attitude, all dressed in deep knowledge of his subject, are just some of the qualities for which I both admire and choose to work with him. ’
‘Real estate partner Simona Chirica is a brilliant lawyer, very dynamic, with an incredible energy. She has a full understanding of the civil and real estate legislation, a great sense of business and is focused on getting things done. She coordinates quite a sizeable team specialising in real estate. Madalina Mitan is probably one of the best real estate lawyers in Bucharest to assist an agriculture company on doing business in Romania. She is well familiarised with this sector, knows what agribusiness companies’ goals and struggles are and is capable to find the legal ways for them to achieve their business goals. ’
Interglobe Enterprises Limited
PROFOREST, The Association of Private Forest Land Owners in Romania
- Assisted Interglobe Enterprises Limited on the Romanian legal aspects of its cross-border acquisition of a portfolio of 10 K+K Hotels owned by Empire 3 Investment S.à r.l. (Luxembourg).
- Assisted Bucur SA on entering into a partnership with the Romanian real estate developer Novum Business Invest, for the development of a residential real estate project in Bucharest.
- Assisted OMV Petrom Marketing on its acquisition of the entire retail network of Art Petrol Service, consisting of eight fuel distribution stations located throughout Romania.
Albota Law Firm is a highly-rated real estate and construction boutique with a long and distinguished track record in the market. Founding partner Oana Albotă has almost two decades in the business, and she has established a strong following of domestic and international developers. The firm has ridden the crest of Romania's real estate boom, advising on complex, high-value acquisitions, disposals and development projects. Clients also appreciate the firm's litigation and arbitration expertise. The firm fields several experienced associates, including Bogdan Roscaniuc.
Other key lawyers:
‘Fast reaction and adaptability to any situation. The answers are correctly and explicit, with a straightforward approach.’
‘Very task oriented with out-of-the box solutions for their clients’
‘Knowledgeable, good and timely delivery, and accurate opinions.’
‘Excellence in service, real estate expertise and knowledge combined with a long history in the real estate market.’
‘Oana Albota – I appreciate her personal devotion and rely upon her expertise given her long history in the market.’
‘Good understanding of the industry specifics, and a very good track record.’
NOR RESIDENTIAL SOLUTIONS S.R.L.
VICTORIEI 174 BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT S.R.L.
ATENOR ROMANIA S.R.L.
NGY PROPERTIERS INVESTMENT S.R.L.
NOR REAL ESTATE S.R.L.
S GROUP HOLDING/ GREEN GATE DEVELOPMENT S.R.L.
HEITMAN/ KIZ INVEST S.R.L./ KIZ GMBH
WHITE STAR REAL ESTATE S.R.L.
LIBERTY TECHNOLOGY PARK S.R.L.
CONARG GROUP/ CONARG OFFICE DEVELOPMENT S.R.L.
LONDON-PARTNERS/ VIEW FROM ABOVE S.R.L.
BELVEDERE RESIDENCES UTR3 S.R.L.
CTP ROMANIA/ CTP INVEST/ H.E.E. Mercury (Proprietati) S.R.L.
RC EUROPE PROPERTY AS/ REINVEST
NEPI/NRE SIBIU SHOPPING CITY
SHIKUN BINUI/ POINT DEVELOPMENT S.R.L.
THE OFFICE EPC/ THE OFFICE DESIGN AND BUILD
SKV PROPERTIES S.R.L.
TIAB SA/ VINCI ENERGIES
OCTAGON CONTRACTING & ENGINEERING
OPTIM PROJECT MANAGEMENT S.R.L.
GD TOTAL SERVICE S.R.L./ ZONE DEVELOPMENT S.R.L.
VEL PITAR S.A.
STRATEGIC VENTURES S.R.L.
Swisspath Consulting AG
- Assisting White Star Real Estate with the €31.7m acquisition of Liberty Technology Park in Cluj-Napoca from Fribourg Development.
- Advised Atenor Group on the development and sale of the €47m UP-Site Bucharest, with 270 apartments and 1,950 sqm of retail space in two residential high-rise buildings.
- Represented Belvedere Residences UTR3 S.R.L in the €32m development and sale of the Belvedere Residences residential complex in Bucharest, consisting of a thousand apartments in eight buildings.
Biris Goran SPARL is a leading choice for international and domestic developers and investors. The team regularly advises on major land acquisitions, development projects, leasing agreements and disposals. Recently the firm was involved in several complex package deals, and has good experience in residential, retail, office, and logistics sites. Real estate finance is a key area, and the firm's capital markets expertise has helped with fundraisings. Practice head Daniela Lazea is a key contact, while Sorin Aungurenci is strong on construction matters. Clients also rate Mariana Signeanu.
Daniela Lazea; Sorin Aungurenci
Other key lawyers:
‘Large availability, good English and international skills, engaged, and transparent.’
‘The firm is very capable, professional and available, with both legal and commercial understanding and orientation. ’
‘Daniela Lazea is one of the top lawyers I’ve worked with. ’
‘Very experienced and skilled. Very innovative. The team brought creativity, high professional skills and great knowledge in all relevant aspects. their devotion to the client and the deal were exceptional. The team was very committed to the deal and to the time frame the clients had set, willing to work long hours under a very demanding negotiation.’
‘Mariana Signeanu walked with the client hand by hand until signing, and did not rest until all points were fully covered for the benefit of the client.’
InteRo Property Development
Hagag Europe Development (affiliated of the leading Israeli Hagag Group)
Predeal Investiții (part of Romenergo Group)
Procter & Gamble
- Assisted InteRo Property Development in the sale of a plot of 26,200 square meters of land located in Northern Bucharest to Skanska, to be used for developing three new office buildings.
- Assisted Indotek in its acquisition of a shopping centre in Târgu Mureș from AEW Capital Management. , with the shopping centre being sold by AEW Capital Management at the same time (in an interdependent transaction) as a premier office building in Bucharest, which was purchased by Morgan Stanley, a long term investment partner of Indotek.
- Assisting Hagag Development Europe, on all its operations in Romania, including investment and development projects, leasing agreements and sales.
CMS is a popular choice for cross-border real estate transactions and development projects. The Bucharest team works closely with colleagues across the international network, and clients benefit from access to strong teams in key jurisdictions such as London. The firm's commitment to the local practice was demonstrated by the promotion of practice head Roxana Fratila to partner. She has strong expertise in advising investors and developers across numerous asset classes, including retail, office and industrial. Experienced associate Alexandru Dumitrescu provides strong support.
Other key lawyers:
Allianz Real Estate
Genagricola Foreste (Generali Group)
AGI Zeus (Alpha Group Investment)
Asmita Gardens SRL
CTP Invest Bucharest S.R.L.
- Advised AFI Europe on its €300m plus acquisition of four Class A office projects in Romania, the largest real estate transaction ever concluded on the Romanian office market.
- Advised Allianz Real Estate on the acquisition for the joint venture between Allianz Real Estate and VGP NV of logistic parks developed by VGP NV in Austria, Romania and Spain.
- Advised Accor on a cross-border deal for the restructuring of the hard assets / light assets businesses of Orbis SA and Accor SA in Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Romania.
The Bucharest team at Dentons, forms a key part of a wider regional real estate offering, providing strong support on local and cross-border transactions and development projects. A typical year would see the department advise on acquisitions, developments, asset management, finance and litigation issues across a range of sectors, including office, retail, logistics, hospitality and residential. More recently it supported tenants, developers, landlords and investors through the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Practice head Bogdan Papandopol has developed a good name. Managing partner Perry V. Zizzi is a key contact for real estate M&A.
Other key lawyers:
Perry V. Zizzi
‘The team is great and goes beyond the call of duty.’
‘They are very prompt, knowledgeable and extremely thorough. ’
‘The team is well experienced in really complex real estate matters, being able to successfully cover very diverse topics which are not usually part of a real estate practice.’
‘Bogdan Papandopol has the ability to rapidly draw reasonable, logical conclusions from limited information and he also holds impressive analytical skills. His experience in real estate matters is extensive as he is a really knowledgeable lawyer and he is always readily available to provide the best advice from a practical perspective.’
White Star Real Estate
Atrium European Real Estate
Banca Comercială Română (BCR)
P3 Logistic Parks
GLL Real Estate Partners
Metro Cash & Carry
CEE Equity Partners
Althafen Real Estate
- Represented GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, on the acquisition of the Maximus logistics real estate portfolio from Apollo Global Management, a US-based private equity firm.
- Advised the hotel group Orbis on its cross-border restructuring and sale of its service business.
- Advice to White Star Real Estate on the acquisition of the Liberty Technology Park in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, from Fribourg Development
DLA Piper Dinu SCA is involved in a broad range of real estate acquisitions and projects, covering the full spectrum of asset classes. The team has good experience of related structured financings and secured loans, as well as broader regulatory issues such as planning and authorisations. The team represents several international investment funds, corporate investors and leaseholders, who benefit from the firm's strong regional network. Practice head Alin Buftea receives strong support from versatile counsel Florin Tineghe.
Other key lawyers:
‘Alin Buftea is an excellent negotiator and we have highly appreciated his availability and excellent communication skills. Alin is very prompt and responsive. I appreciate very much the fact that he is solution oriented and very accurate in analyzing options/scenarios. ’
‘Florin Tineghe – professional approach, good communication, extensive market knowledge, full time availability for legal support.’
PPF REAL ESTATE S.R.O
ATRIUM PROPERTIES S.R.L. (VIBE PROPERTIES)
PRIME KAPITAL DEVELOPMENT S.R.L.
OPUS LAND DEVELOPMENT S.A.
COLOSSEUM MALL S.R.L.
CASSA DOM SRL
LANDMARK SMART RENTALS S.R.L.
WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES S.R.L.
GRAWE ROMANIA ASIGURARE S.A.
INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS GROUP (IHG)
HYPO NOE LANDESBANK FÜR NIEDERÖSTERREICH UND WIEN AG
PNE WIND ENERGY HOLDING ROMANIA
- Assisting PPF Real Estate on the operation and lease of two office buildings in Bucharest (Crystal Tower and Metropolis Center).
- Assisting Atrium Properties S.R.L. on a joint venture structure for developing residential real estate projects.
- Assisting Dentotal Protect, a distributor of dental products, with the negotiation and conclusion of a logistics lease near Bucharest.
Eversheds Sutherland Romania is building itself a strong reputation for real estate and construction advice. Cristian Guia leads a team with a wide range of expertise, encompassing lease agreements, land acquisitions, commercial development projects, and financings. The client base includes leading investment funds, such as NEPI Rockcastle, and elite corporate lease holders. The firm's international reach is a significant plus for clients seeking an integrated regional approach. Associate Cristina Rosca is singled out for praise by clients.
Other key lawyers:
‘The main strengths I appreciate in my collaboration with Eversheds Sutherland Romania are: availability, expertise & knowledge, willingness to find the best solutions, and flexibility.’
‘The individuals I worked with from Eversheds Sutherland Romania are very easy to communicate with, their knowledge is solid and they are always very open to understand every aspect of the business of the client in order to provide the best solutions. I really appreciate their ability to listen and understand the needs of the client and their willingness to always improve their expertise. I must recognize Cristian Guia and Cristina Rosca for their great collaboration. ’
GLL Real Estate Partners
- Advised Microsoft on its lease of the Campus 6 office complex developed by Swedish investor Skanska in Bucharest.
- Advised NEPI on several real estate transactions regarding the development phase of commercial malls spread throughout Romania.
- Advising Vodafone in relation to a complex, multi-jurisdictional project regarding its passive infrastructure in Romania and a future corporate scheme splitting its activities between telecommunication services provision and real estate.
Kinstellar has a good reputation for advice on high-end real estate transactions, and is a lead player in the logistics sector, representing some of the largest companies in the market. The firm's regional outlook is a bonus on cross border transactions, as is the fact that managing partner Victor Constantinescu also co-heads the firm's SEE real estate group. The firm was involved in several high profile office acquisitions and developments, with direct instructions from international clients and referrals from foreign law firms. Managing associate Alexandru Mocănescu is a name to watch.
Other key lawyers:
‘First in class availability and service. Over and above performance in terms of understanding the case matters and providing appropriate commercially minded legal advice.’
‘Offers a one stop shop for our legal asset management needs. Available on demand digitalization of our contracts database.’
‘Fully committed to serving the client’s needs as promptly as possible, and 24/7 availability.’
‘Their knowledge is excellent and their communication first class. The team work hard and long hours to deliver for clients on a timely basis, including late nights and weekends where necessary.’
‘Victor Constantinescu is an outstanding partner, ready to offer advice and support not just legally but transaction ally and big picture. Doesn’t let the legal situation get in the way of a deal, gives frank clear advice.’
‘Alexandru Mocanescu is a highly skilled commercially minded legal advisor. A great support throughout a challenging three year period for our business.’
S Immo AG
Adval Asset Management
Lion’s Head Investments
Julius Meinl Prime Homes
- Advised the joint venture between Resolution Property and Zeus Capital Management, on the successful acquisition of Floreasca Park, a major office complex in Bucharest, Romania, from GLL Real Estate Partners.
- Advised a Romanian consortium now doing business as Vetimex Business Centers, on the negotiation, signing, closing and refinancing of the Cluj-based Vivido, Advancity, and Cube office projects.
- Advised Lion’s Head Investments, a joint venture controlled by the property division of Old Mutual on its acquisition of Building C in Oregon Park from Portland Trust, as well as a later refinancing with Erste Bank AG.
RTPR | Radu Taracila Padurari Retevoescu SCA's commitment to the area was demonstrated by the recruitment of highly-rated partner Raluca Nastase from Biris Goran SPARL. Alongside Alexandru Retevoescu, she gives the team an edge on complex transactions, many of which have a heavy M&A, finance or restructuring element. The practice covers most commercial asset classes, including agribusiness, and is strong in development projects and contentious real estate and construction claims. The team's depth is also noted, with counsel Ianita Tui, and associates Bogdan Cordoş and Cristi Porojanu all attracting praise.
Alexandru Retevoescu; Raluca Nastase
Other key lawyers:
Ianita Tui; Bogdan Cordos; Cristi Porojanu
‘I believe RTPR has a very solid and experienced team that gained its reputation acting in high profile real estate deals in Romania. The lawyers are responsive, very dedicated, always hands-on and provide an incredible client service. I highly recommend them. Partner Raluca Nastase recently joined the team which is a huge gain as she has tremendous experience in real estate and I am sure she will enhance the dynamics of the team, while younger lawyers will benefit of her expertise and know-how.
‘I would like to give special praise to Raluca Nastase. Although she is new in the team, I know her for many years and worked with her before. Raluca is a very experienced real estate lawyer and well-respected in the market. I would happily recommend her for her commercial approach and creative thinking and her ability to manage complex projects. She is also a very clear communicator.’
‘The team is highly professional, prompt, very knowledgeable.’
‘Ianita Tui – extremely knowledgeable, flexible in terms of availability, adaptable to new circumstances and willing to find out-of-the-box solutions whenever needed, prompt in delivery’
‘The RTPR team has a wealth of knowledge regarding the Romanian real estate legal system and industry. The team is very responsive and business orientated. The RTPR partners in charge of the real estate practice are always available and happy to contribute their experience to the matter at hand.’
‘Short and simple: availability, knowledge and business orientated.
‘Alexandru Retevoescu’s experience of the market, both legal and commercial, is always part of the RTPR package.’
‘Bogdan Cordos is hard working, always ready to help and has a business orientated approach to the work.’
‘Great team of professionals. Ianita Tui and her colleagues always met our expectations and helped with quick and on the spot advice. ’
‘Ianita Tui provided excellent service and remarkable availability. It was very easy and pleasant to discuss with her and her team. They always took into consideration the specifics of our contracts and suggested smart and suitable approaches in stressful situations. Will definitely work with them again and recommend to others.’
Jones Lang LaSalle Services
Calsonic Kansei Romania
Apex Alliance Hotels
- Advised Regus on negotiations of its lease agreements with various developers for the expansion into new office locations in Bucharest.
- Advised ING Tech on the lease of a 13,000 sqm office space for the company’s new headquarters.
- Advised Prime Kapital on the €112.97m sale of a real estate portfolio consisting of nine retail centres to MAS Real Estate.
Boanta, Gidei & Asociatii SCP (in association with CEE Attorneys)
Boanta, Gidei & Asociatii SCP (in association with CEE Attorneys) has an experienced real estate team that acts for a range of sides of the table, including developers, tenants, landlords and contractors. The team regularly advises on industrial, logistics and office leases and developments, and also has good experience of the residential, agriculture and forestry sectors. Sergiu Gîdei leads the team, which has an experienced contentious arm, particularly for construction-related administrative disputes.
‘We have worked with BGA for many years. They have a great team and are always rapid and efficient in their responses. They are happy to give clear and sensible advice.’
‘The people we work with at BGA all share the same values of wanting to provide a great service. Always professional and trying to come back as quickly as possible. ’
‘ Proximity, professionalism and results. CEE Attorneys meets the conditions of a 21 st Century law firm.’
‘Iulia Stanciulescu, Sergiu Gidei and Nicolae Ursu each show great ability in their respective areas of practice: litigation, real estate and corporate.’
‘The teams experience and dedication combine to provide a great service. They have significant experience in real estate and adapt quickly to new developments in the relevant legislation and procedures. Their personalized approach to client needs and requirements facilitates productive cooperation.’
Olympian Park Group
Terra Invest Group
Romania Hypermarche – Louis Delhaize Group (Cora)
Delamode Romania –Xpediator Group
BCR Social Finance (formerly GoodBee Credit) Non-banking financial institution – part of Erste Group
Grand Secret Guard SRL
- Advising Olympian Park Group on the acquisition of a land plot with an area of over 150,000 sqm in Northern Bucharest.
- Advising Fortuna on the sale of a 56,000sqm land plot and several construction projects in Bucharest, 4th District.
- Advising Delamode Romania on the lease of two new warehouses in Otopeni and Bacau.
Bondoc si Asociatii SCA acts for various domestic and international developers, leaseholders and investors. This includes strong contentious and non-contentious support on acquisitions, financings, development projects, and operations. The multi-disciplinary team works closely with other departments, such as the corporate side for structuring acquisitions. The firm's relationship with White & Case LLP also makes it popular for cross-border matters. Lead partners Mihaela Bondoc and Cosmin Stavaru are especially active on the transactional front.
Mihaela Bondoc; Cosmin Stavaru
‘The team is very experienced and efficient. They know how to push a transaction further and solve issues.’
‘They have a very solid, senior multidisciplinary team with experience in all types of real estate projects.’
‘Cosmin Stavaru is an impressive lawyer with a wide expertise in real estate and a very solid transactional background. His prompt advice is commercially oriented and highly reliable.’
‘Mihaela Bondoc is sophisticated and creative in finding solutions to our problems, and fast in solving our queries.’
Aptiv Technology and Services & Solutions SRL
Delphi Diesel Systems Romania
Fresenius Medical Care
Merck Sharp Dohme
Restart Energy One
Samax/Euro Sun Mining
Town of Novaci
- Assisting Emag Logistica in connection with the development of the largest warehouse in the South East of Europe, including a complex construction agreement.
- Assisted the global chemicals group, Clariant, on several real estate issues.
- Assist Sanamed Hospital, a leading Romanian diabetes treatment clinic, in relation to the negotiation of a lease agreement for its medical centre premises.
Clifford Chance Badea is a solid choice for complex real estate acquisitions, particularly those with a strong corporate element. The firm has good experience on the financing side, backed by market-leading capital markets and structured finance teams. The multi-disciplinary team caters for a variety of banks and investors, including several leading funds. Corporate head Nadia Badea has good expertise on cross-border real estate deals, with backing from experienced counsel Mihai Macelaru and Andreea Sisman.
Other key lawyers:
Mihai Măcelaru; Andreea Sisman
Banca Comerciala Romana
- Advised AEW, the real estate investment manager, on the sale of America House, a landmark office centre in Bucharest, to the real estate division of Morgan Stanley.
- Advised a leading Romanian banking group, in relation to a potential financing to be granted for the development of an office building in Bucharest.
- Advised a leading holding company in UAE on its 50% acquisition of a prominent agribusiness company, including the indirect acquisition of an important stake in a Romanian company with almost 58,000 hectares of agricultural land.
Filip & Company's well-regarded team is led by Ioana Roman, who has a strong background in real estate, M&A, projects and infrastructure. The firm acts for a mix of investors, funds, and developers on the full range of issues, including land acquisitions, financings, development projects and lease agreements. This includes assisting corporate clients with their portfolio management and due diligence on related M&A matters. The team was well equipped to guide clients through the market disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
‘Very fast analysis, with unique solutions proposed and very good implementation monitoring.’
‘Filip & Co is a dynamic and seasoned team of legal practitioners. It is unique in that it combines the expertise of a well seasoned legal powerhouse with the vibrant atmosphere which is very conducive to out-of-the-box thinking and creative, on-the-fly problem solving.’
‘Ioana Roman is of exceptional value. We hold her in the highest regard. Also of note is the associate Andreea Soare.’
‘Very well organized and kept close watch over the project. They did not just answer questions when asked, but basically adopted the project as their own and proactively strived to bring it along. ’
‘Very prompt and knowledgeable. The team is commercially oriented. It understands well the clients needs and personality and tries to bridge gaps for making the deals, coming up with commercial proposals helping the client in getting better terms.’
RCS & RDS
PPLI Group/ Veranda Obor
Kingfisher/ Bricostore Romania
Real Hyper Magazine/ Remarkt Magazine
Rueben Brothers Group/ TFB Mortgages
Tiriac Group/ Tiriac Holdings
MSREF Real Estate Advisor, Inc.
Sof Medica Group / MedCity
UBM Development AG
Comtel Focus S.A. / Vienna House
Centrul Medical Unirea/ Regina Maria
Kameran Financial Limited (Vladimir Cohn)
Forge Crossfit S.R.L. and The Forge Association
Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A.
Alexander Bărbuț, Thomas Bărbuț and Marcel Bărbuț
Alesonor/ Magnet Development
- Acted for the British DIY retail group, Kingfisher, on its acquisition of Praktiker Romania, which operates 26 retail units in Romania.
- Assisting Centrul Medical Unirea, a leading private healthcare provider in Romania, in relation to the acquisition of an integrated network of a regional private health hospital and satellite clinics.
- Assisted LafargeHolcim in the acquisition of precast concrete manufacturer Somaco Grup Prefabricate, including all related real estate issues.
Musat & Asociatii caters for all corners of the real estate market, offering solid contentious and non-contentious expertise. The firm has a good track record advising major real estate developers on residential, retail, industrial and office development projects. Investment funds and retailers also form a significant component of the firm's client base, with the firm regularly assisting with acquisitions and portfolio management issues. The highly-respected Monia Dobrescu and Mona Musat lead the team, which also includes well-regarded associate Mădălina Trifan.
Monia Dobrescu; Mona Muşat
‘Musat team is very professional and our work relationship is dating many years back in time ’
‘The service I received was very prompt and reliable. ’
‘Very open, easy to communicate with, ready to help, proactive and engaged in solving my request. This helped us hugely with an audit.’
‘A professional service with a great degree of responsiveness. ’
‘Available for giving advice outside of standard business hours. Wide coverage of other practice areas, so always able to complement their specific expertise with help from reliable colleagues.’
‘Well organized, responsive and looking for real life solutions. ’
‘Unfailing commercial approach, seeking practical solutions to legal problems.’
‘Thorough analysis, quality of answers, level of detail in presentations and level of coverage of all issues presented .’
‘Musat is very visible on the real estate market and also they have an excellent reputation as professional lawyers, with a good knowledge of the Romanian real estate business. ’
‘Monia Dobrescu is the head of real estate and a skillful lawyer, with a good eye for details and very pro-active attitude. She has good knowledge of our business, goals and way of thinking, which is crucial for client-attorney relationship. Madalina Trifan is a hard working lawyer, very involved, with good knowledge of the legal matters. Andrei Bran is a very good practitioner, with analytical thinking and very good knowledge of the law. ’
‘Madalina Trifan is a very hard working lawyer, with positive thinking and a nice pro-active attitude. She is always there when you need her.’
‘Madalina Trifan was always available even during the pandemic. ’
‘Monia Dobrescu (Partner) and Madalina Trifan (Managing Associate) were great. We really appreciated their round-the-clock availability to assist us on any matter related to the envisaged real-estate acquisition, as well as their legal knowledge on the subject matter. .’
‘I was impressed from Monia Dobrescu as leader and her team with Andrei Bran as litigator and Madalina Frein as real estate expert . They were all very professional. ’
VETCARE PLUS SRL
BUCK CONSULTANTS (ADMINISTRATION & INVESTMENT) Limited
BROOKFIELD BUSINESS PARTNERS LP
CHINA DEVELOPMENT BANK
EMBASSY OF THE STATE OF QATAR IN ROMANIA
- Advising Kaufland on various real estate acquisitions in Romania during its expansion process, including a number of land purchases in different areas of the country.
- Advising Brookfield Business Partners L.P. on the real estate elements of its $13.2 billion acquisition of 100% of Johnson Controls’ Power Solutions business.
- Advising EBRD on real estate matters relating to a multimillion facility granted to TeraPlast Group, a construction materials manufacturer, with the purpose of refinancing its outstanding balance of historical loans or intra-group loans.
Noerr represents a range of investors, developers, retailers and industrial companies on acquisitions, planning matters and construction projects. The team is strong on large cross border deals, representing both buyers and sellers. The firm was active throughout the COVID-19 pandemic assisting clients on lease agreements and any force majeure issues that might arise. Since publication, Ruxana Dudau left the firm.
Element Industrial, Element Development, Element Investments
KIK Textilien & Non-Food
- Advised Kaufland on its expansion in Romania, including 133 new hypermarkets.
- Advised SIGNA Group on selling its CEE subsidiaries to furniture retailer XXXLutz.
- Advised an international real estate organisation on the purchase of a land plot located on a former industrial site in central Bucharest.
Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law is popular with both landlords and tenants, and was praised for its ability to support them through the disruption caused by COVID-19. The firm regularly assists with lease agreements and represents foreign investors on real estate acquisitions and development projects. This expertise extends to most asset classes, including retail, residential and office space. Well-regarded managing partner Silviu Stratulat leads the team with Corneliu Popa, and managing associate Tudor Ciambur also receives praise.
Silviu Stratulat; Corneliu Popa
Other key lawyers:
‘Great team of lawyers who know exactly how to get deals done in a very efficient manner. Stratulat Albulescu delivered every piece of their work in good time and demonstrated excellent knowledge of the sector throughout the entire project. They also advised us on day-to-day real estate matters and constantly proved that they are a complete and professional team. They are able to see the big picture and have a commercial approach. We enjoy working with them and after being active in the real estate industry for so many years, I can say their advisory exceeds many other law firms in Romania.’
‘Stratulat Albulescu demonstrated a proactive approach, attention to our needs and understanding of the commercial terms.’
‘Over the past years we worked mostly with Silviu Stratulat and Corneliu Popa. Silviu heads the Real Estate department with professionalism and integrity. He brings a high level of involvement and understanding to each project he is part of and manages every matter in the required deadline, by paying attention to our objectives.’
‘I found Stratulat Albulescu to have one of the strongest Real Estate practices in the market. The group includes highly knowledgeable and forward thinking lawyers with a very creative approach and, most important, a very creative and positive mindset.
‘SAA helped us on many matters related to new or existing locations including negotiations of new leases and renegotiation of existing ones. Once the Covid-19 outbreak, SAA has proved essential to our strategy, approach of the problem and even good-standing. They helped us understand the various legal concepts that were applicable and those which were not applicable although highly debated in the local press. Their speed and efficiency (which sometimes entailed working weekends) allowed us to follow certain steps which later proved essential to our standing in the negotiations of leases with the landlords.’
‘The team is very professional in identifying the business needs of the client. beside the solid legal knowledge, they have a very deep understanding of the real estate market, tendencies. They are able to provide a tailor made legal advice focusing on the main business interest the client wishes to achieve.’
‘Silviu Stratulat is an excellent managing partner, beside the well grounded legal knowledge, he selected his legal co-workers with great professionalism. As such, he managed to create in the real estate practice group a team, that is able to provide fast and efficient legal advise in all sub-sectors of real estate law.
‘Corneliu Popa proved to be outstanding in identifying our needs proactively and pointed out to several issues additional to the core of our transaction that needed to be solved. When raising those issues, he immediately provided a fast and practical solution, which the real estate team quickly realised.
‘Andrei Albulescu has the deepest construction law knowledge of all Romanian lawyers I have worked with so far. Daiana Assoum is devoted to her work, fast responding and very effective.’
‘The team of lawyers had a holistic view on the overall project, providing us with different valuable perspectives. In short, they are fast and supporting on all levels, excellent professionals with an out-of-the-box thinking.’
‘Stratulat Albulescu has some great partners and associates, with a thorough and very good understanding of the transactions they work on. ’
‘Tudor Ciambur was always available for questions or unclear topics, he delivered the documents in very short time, he was a great support during the negotiations of the contract, worked mostly independent while representing our interest, whenever there was a topic which seemed to be blocking the process, he came with solutions or alternatives to be explored.’
CFH International BVI Limited
Societe Generale European Business Services S.A.
Hagag Group Israel
Cordia International Hungary – former Futureal Management Hungary
ERP Targu Mures
World Class Romania
Hervis Sports & Fashion S.R.L.
Bourbon Black Sea
- Advised Corporate Finance House Group, a Middle East investment banking firm, on the acquisition of Day Tower building, a major office building in Bucharest, extending over 19,000 sq.m. and with an 11,753 sq.m. gross leasable area.
- Advised Societe Generale European Business Services in connection to its lease agreement with a vehicle of Skanska Romania for a 12,000 sq.m premises in Bucharest.
- Advised subsidiaries of Cordia International Hungary on the development of the first smart home concept residential project in Bucharest and Cordia Residence, and the acquisition of a 21,000 sq. m. land plot in the Grivita Lake area.
Voicu & Filipescu SCA fields an experienced team led by Roxana Negutu, which represents a mix of commercial, financial, institutional and private investors, on acquisitions, project developments, and any related contentious issues. The group has a particularly good track record on retail expansion projects, and regularly represents corporate tenants on their leasing agreements.
ACNielsen, part of VNU Group
Heubach Invest GmbH
- Assisting a major regional retailer for many years in expanding its network in Romania.
- Ongoing assistance in relation to Bel Rom Zece’s real estate acquisition and development projects in Romania including the financing and development of several retail parks.
- Ongoing advice to Deslee Clama, including with the acquisition of CDI Company, the owner of a logistics park located in Miercurea Sibiului.
Wolf Theiss has extensive experience advising local and international investors on major real estate transactions and development issues. This includes support on construction contracts, financings, lease agreements, and related administrative matters and disputes. The cross-sector expertise spans hospitality, residential, office buildings, logistics and also agribusiness and forestry. The firm's regional network also helps the cross-border nature of the its workload. Managing partner Bryan Jardine and counsel Flaviu Nanu are two of the firm's lead lawyers in this area.
Bryan Jardine; Flaviu Nanu
‘The team is very knowledgeable and very responsive also for substantial engagement on short notice. They are very responsive and always add value with their advice on complex matters.’
‘It is always a pleasure to communicate and work with the team. They are always providing valuable advice which is straight to the point and contributes to finding efficient solutions to complex legal matters.’
Aberdeen Immobilien Kapitalanlagegesellschaft Mbh, Degi Millennium Tower SRL
Revetas Capital Advisors LLP
Liberty Global Transaction Solutions
Erste Group Bank
Banca Comerciala Romana S.A.
OTP Bank Nyrt. OTP Bank Romania S.A.
Beazley Furlonge Limited
- Advising Erste Group in relation to the refinancing of seven retail parks held by Intercora Property SRL.
- Advising long-term client Revetas Capital Advisors LLP, a real estate investment advisor focused on the CEE market, in relation to post-acquisition matters connected to a real estate portfolio in Bucharest that includes the Radisson Hotel and Landmark Office Complex.
- Successful representation of Aberdeen Immobilien Kapitalanlagegesellschaft, and its local subsidiary Degi Millenium, in a series of complex and long-running court cases.
bpv Grigorescu Stefanica provides contentious and non-contentious transactional and development support to clients. The team advises on acquisitions, construction projects, leases, financings and property management across a range of assets, including hospitality, residential, offices, retail, and agribusiness. The firm is especially active on the litigation front, having scored some significant successes for public and private sector clients. Anca Albulescu leads the team with strong support from disputes head Daniel Stefanica.
Anca Albulescu; Daniel Stefanica
voestalpine Steel Service Center
- Successfully represented the Municipality of Bucharest in a real estate dispute which could have potentially resulted in a €5m damages award to two private companies for failure by the General Council of the Municipality of Bucharest to approve a Zonal Urban Plan.
- Acted as local counsel for MVGM in relation to the acquisition of the property management business of JLL Romania, including the JLL teams specialising in the management of retail centres.
- Assisted MassMutual on opening a branch in Romania to outsource its IT matters.
D&B David si Baias SCA has a strong transactional offering, regularly advising on the real estate aspects of major corporate acquisitions, as well as the corporate structuring of property investments and joint ventures. The firm's membership of the PwC network also gives it a significant edge on the tax side, as well as related financings and regulatory issues. Managing associate Georgiana Balan leads the practice, which has strong involvement from managing partner Sorin David and corporate head Anda Rojanschi.
Sorin David; Anda Rojanschi; Georgiana Balan
‘The team is composed by lawyers with awareness of the legal and business environment. We have been working mainly with Georgiana Balan. Georgiana has been very motivated and responsive and has offered solutions whenever necessary.’
‘A very competitive team, with very good communication from the team members with the client and a strong understanding of the client’s needs.’
Arion Green Felix SRL
Lukoil Romania SRL
Fan Courier Express SRL
Directa Plus SPA
Yellow Tree (Gibraltar) Holding Limited
Mennekes Elektrotechnik Gmbh & Co. KG
Sauter Turning Process SRL
B.Braun Pharmaceuticals SA
Sogefi Suspensions Eastern Europe S.R.L.
Cascade Park Plaza
- Assisted Arion Green Felix SRL in the acquisition of Global City office building in Bucharest. The deal was based on a business transfer agreement with an innovative price adjustment mechanism.
- Advised Lukoil Romania SRL on several buy-side legal due diligence reports in connection with the acquisition of several plots of land and eight gas stations.
- Ongoing assistance to Yellow Tree (Gibraltar) Holding Limited on the potential acquisition of several commercial real estate assets, including a shopping gallery and hotel located in Bucharest.
Dragne & Asociatii SCA has an excellent reputation for contentious real estate and construction matters. Its partners regularly appear in major infrastructure-related international arbitration claims. The team also has good expertise on the transactional and development front, particularly in respect of risk mitigation and dispute avoidance strategies. Delia Bosman, Andreia Dumitrescu and Ioana Oprea are the lead partners.
Delia Bosman; Andreia Dumitrescu; Ioana Oprea
West Gate Studio SA
S+B Plan & Bau Bukarest S.R.L
- Assisting West Gate Studio SA with drafting a due diligence report to identify the potential risks affecting the validity of the ownership title held by the prospective seller over some plots of land located in Bucharest.
- Advised S+B Plan & Bau Bukarest S.R. on the €11m acquisition of a real estate property located in downtown Bucharest.
Laurentiu, Laurentiu & Asociatii is one of the top choices for real estate and construction advice in the city of Cluj-Napoca and surrounding areas. The team acts for a selection of investors and corporate tenants on the full range of issues, including acquisitions, management and project developments. The firm also has a good track record advising on deals in the hospitality sector. Ioana-Romana Laurentiu, Alexandra Cohutiu, Achim-Sorin Razoare and Alin Mihai Laurentiu are all active in this area.
Ioana Romana Laurentiu
Other key lawyers:
Alexandra Cohutiu, Achim-Sorin Razoare; Alin Mihai Laurentiu
‘The overall level of service is excellent. Although it is difficult to sum up seven years of intense collaboration in just a few sentences, I can say that what I appreciate the most is the prompt response to all our requests, the business-oriented, yet risk-aware approach, the creative thinking, the attention to details, the international mindset, everything sustained by in-depth legal knowledge’
‘Alin Laurentiu represents the perfect combination between very good legal knowledge and a business-oriented mindset and approach, which allows him to find creative solutions for the client’
‘From the beginning of our collaboration, we felt LLA was different from the other law firms we have worked with or came in contact with, because not only do they have solid legal knowledge, but they understand the client’
‘Alin-Mihai Laurentiu is intelligent, understands the business environment, has a very structured approach and deep legal and cultural knowledge, which allows him to have an open approach to creating innovative contracts and incentive structures.
‘Ioana Romana Laurentiu is an excellent professional with obvious knowledge and expertise in her field, sharp, edgy, creative, she is the one you want on your side when you have a delicate matter in hand, when in need for complex strategy, innovation.’
‘Alexandra Cohutiu is well prepared, determined, persevering, responsible, always concerned to exceed the expectations of those she respects, intuitive, structured and paying attention to detail, rooted in reality and with vision, diplomatic but firm, a true professional. ’
‘Alexandra Cohitiu – forward thinking, pragmatic, fast reponse times’
‘They are very professional, they have strong knowledge about the legislation in this area, and we always recieve from them creative and good solutions for our problems. ’
‘Sorin Razoare: persuasive, very good knowledge, always on time, great follow-ups on all topics. ’
‘Laurentiu, Laurentiu & Asociatii were exemplary assisting us in purchasing plots of land with a complex and unclear ownership titles. They were brilliantly clarifying all issues and in short time the transaction was completed. All the legal paper work allowed the next steps: we were assisted by LL&A in ownership title registration and procurement of all type of permits, so construction of a new business facility was possible in short time at reasonable cost.’
‘Alexandra Hidigan is sharp and intuitive, as well as responsible and analytical, thus being a lawyer you can rely on that your problems will be solved quickly, efficiently and legally correct.’
Soimeni Parc SA
Amera Tower SRL
Arex FM SRL
Erdelyi Hirado Editura SRL
Daseda Investments SRL
Telenav Software SRL
CBS Design SRL
SPV Investment SRL
Tulip Investment and Development SRL
- Advising Soimeni Parc SA on a major residential real estate project in the area Colina Noua, Cluj County.
- Advising SPV Investment SRL on a luxury hotel development in Poiana Brasov.
- Advised Steelcase SRL on the lease of new office premises in the centre of Cluj-Napoca.
MPR Partners has a solid real estate practice with a strong background in transactional support. The team, which includes partners Alexandra Rîmbu and Dana Rădulescu, is noted for its strong corporate support and the structuring of complex acquisitions. Its expertise covers various sectors including real estate development, logistics and healthcare, and the firm also represents clients in construction disputes.
Alexandra Rîmbu; Dana Rădulescu
Nicolescu Dumitrescu Ilie & Associates is highly experienced in contentious and non-contentious construction work. The firm represents a mix of sponsors and contractors on high-profile developments, often linked to the utilities, energy and infrastructure sectors. Among the partners, Dragos Zorin and Andrei Nicolescu are extremely experienced in related litigation and arbitrations, not just for construction but also procurement and administrative issues. Marina Dumitrescu is the main partner for non-contentious and transactional matters.
Dragos Zorin; Andrei Nicolescu; Marina Dumitrescu
‘NZA has been successfully managing our legal considerations, understanding our industry and our business model, knowing how to turn perspective into strategy. It is an experienced law firm fitted for companies active in the construction field. All the lawyers we have been working with are true experts, with solid values and creative approach, always anticipating our problems and providing us the best solutions.’
‘NZA’s dispute resolution practice is unique because of the energy, enthusiasm and attention to details of the lawyers. All these, combined with an intimate knowledge of the construction industry and legislation gives the practice an edge over its competitors. Also, the team handles each case with the utmost care and always makes sure to understand both the facts of the case and the specifics of my industry which could influence the solution.’
‘The real estate and construction team combines a wealth of experience with solid legal and industry knowledge. Energetic and creative, the team possesses a great capacity to imagine the best solutions to our problems.’
‘Dragos Zorin is an experienced construction lawyer, having participated in in numerous such projects already. He knows all the ins and outs of our industry, which makes him the most suitable for any construction project, irrespective of its complexity. Andrei Nicolescu also has a long experience with real estate and construction projects. Knowledgeable and adaptive, his valuable input always helps closing the projects in the best conditions.’
ISPE Proiectare si Consultanta SA
REWE PROJEKTENTWICKLUNG ROMANIA SRL
Impact Developer & Contractor Romania SA
Rosetti Estates SRL
Lacul Tei Offices SRL
HUNTER DOUGLAS ROMANIA SRL
Romanian Association of Construction Entrepreneurs – ARACO
- Assistance to Romelectro on the €75m refurbishment of the Stejaru Hydropower Plant.
- Representing Hidroconstructia in a €6m construction dispute concerning the execution of contracts for the rehabilitation of water distribution and sewerage network.
- Representing ISPE in disputes connected to the termination of a contract for the €30m design and build of the Integrated Waste Management Center in Cluj County.
Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm has solid contentious and non-contentious real estate and construction expertise. The firm acts for several investors and developers, and regularly advises natural resources companies on their related issues. In addition, the firm has recently represented developers on several significant residential projects outside of Bucharest. Radu Pavel leads the team.
Radu Pavel is very committed and involved in the projects he undertakes, always making sure that my company`s best interest is pursued. ’
‘PMA is a well reputed law firm with excellent knowledge of the industry and experience in assisting in all stages of a deal. ’
‘The law firm assisted us with some acquisition projects and they were extremely efficient. They know the industry sector, they have the experience and a very well prepared team of lawyers that assisted us in all stages of the transaction.’
African Consolidated Resources SRL
Patria Bank SA
- Advised Patria Bank in a due diligence matter regarding the assets of one of its subsidiaries.
- Advised African Consolidated Resources in a due diligence process on the company’s assets.
POP & PARTNERS
POP & PARTNERS represents a broad range of clients on real estate and construction issues, including contractors, architects, developers and investors. The firm's expertise spans the structuring of related joint venture agreements through to administrative issues, such as planning, zoning and environmental law. Recently, the firm has been especially active on the energy side, offering clients a cradle-to-grave service on several major infrastructure projects. Claudiu Pop and Irina Bănică are the two lead partners.
Other key lawyers:
China General Nuclear Power Group (CGN)
China New Era Group Corporation
P3 (former Point Park Properties)
Altrade (Urbano Parks)
UBM Development AG
Bucharest Films Studio S.A. and Media Pro Entertainment Romania S.A.
Editura Evenimentul si Capital
Mandragora Entertainment Group
Romanian National Company of Motorways and National Roads
West Group Architecture
Connected Medical Devices
- Advising the China General Nuclear Power Group (CGN) in connection with the development, financing, construction and operation of units 3 and 4 of Cernavoda Nuclear Power Plant.
- Assisting China New Era Group Corporation on the development of a 30MW wind farm.
- Advising P3 on various issues, including lease agreements, regulatory advice, day-to-day operational matters, drafting and negotiating FIDIC agreements, disputes and construction law.
STALFORT Legal. Tax. Audit. comes highly recommended by German-speaking clients, who constitute a key source of work for the practice. The team has good expertise across several sectors, including retail, energy and manufacturing. This includes advice on land acquisitions, retail leases, and development projects. Partners Oana Somesan and Andrada Harangus are both highly experienced on the transactional and development side.
Oana Somesan; Andrada Harangus
‘Very good knowledge of laws, regulation, market practice and standards in real estate and construction. The proposed solutions/templates proved solid in disputes or conflicting situations.’
‘Warm, open, flexible, knowledgeable.’
‘We appreciate the fast, business-oriented and pragmatic answers which always seek to find a solution, as opposed to explaining what is not possible. Besides, the departments of the law firm are well inter-connected, which makes its work interdisciplinary. We were particularly pleased about the fact that we can always reach our direct contact person within a short time’
‘Stalfort has one single manager who deals with all related topics and gives the information in best quality within the agreed period.’
‘The individuals understand our business and our approach to the matters we have. And they can well deal with the different approaches from different mentalities.’
‘Very good communication fast response high quality support ’
‘Andrada Harangus is an outstanding expert on real estate topics. Her ability to understand our needs and transfer it to a legal ground for long last contracts gives us the comfort and trust keep her as our number one in Romania.’
Continental Group (Romania)
Osborne Clarke Germany
CobiNet Fernmelde- und Datennetzkomponenten GmbH
WPD Romania SRL (WPD Group)
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
German-Romanian Chamber of Industry and Commerce
VAT Romania SRL (VAT Group)
Partner Fonds AG
- Advised GETEC Group on the planning, permitting and construction of a combined heat and power plant in Podari, Dolj county.
- Assisted Marc O’Polo with its market entry in Romania by securing retail areas in several key malls in Bucharest.
- Advised WPD on securing over 85 hectares of land for the development of new wind farms in several locations in Romania.
VASS Lawyers is a first-class public procurement boutique, and its strong expertise on related real estate matters is a key function of its success. The firm's work includes major tenders, project development and related construction advice, including negotiations with sub-contractors. The practice is also strong on the contentious side, representing an array of private sector clients. Iulia Vass is very well regarded.
Zamfirescu Racoti Vasile & Partners has an extremely strong reputation for dispute resolution, which feeds into the firm's real estate and construction offering on top of an active transactional practice. The team, led by Anca Danilescu, offers regular advice on land acquisitions, lease agreements, financings and major development projects. The firm represents major developers, investors, retailers, banks and manufacturers on their related matters.
DAY RESIDENCE SRL
KIKA MOBILIER SRL / IMMOKIK SRL
POINT PARK PROPERTIES GROUP
WNS GLOBAL SERVICES ROMANIA SRL
SONAE SIERRA ROMANIA
ADIDAS ROMANIA SRL
PIRAEUS BANK ROMANIA
GARANTI BANK ROMANIA