Law firms in Davao in Philippines
Angara Abello Concepcion Regala & Cruz Law Offices (ACCRALaw)
Opened in 1996, the thriving Davao branch of Angara Abello Concepcion Regala & Cruz Law Offices (ACCRALaw) is led by Myra Montecalvo-Quilatan and senior partner Maria Iolanda Abella. The team counts leading companies in the consumer products, food and beverage and healthcare companies among its clients. Dispute resolution is a key practice area; recent highlights include representing a client in a criminal case for the crime of estafa through falsification of a public document, and assisting a multinational business outsourcing company in a fact-finding investigation in connection with a mall fire incident in Davao City. The team also advises on labour law, corporate law, M&A and tax.
Myra Montecalvo-Quilatan; Maria Iolanda Abella
Other key lawyers:
Jessa Wong-Cantano; Martin Luigi Samson; Genie Celini Nuevo
- Acted for an individual client in a criminal case for the crime of estafa through falsification of a public document.
- Advised a multinational company on the fact-finding investigation following a fire incident at a mall; the team was also engaged by the company to assist in preparing the documentary requirements necessary for the claims against insurance providers.
- Acted for a household name company in a complaint filed by a union for the non-payment of annual bonuses during the years 2010 to 2012.
SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan
SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan's Davao office was bolstered by the arrival of special counsel Charmian Gloria from an in-house position with Fresh Del Monte Produce in 2019. The office was established in 1995; since then, it has established particularly active practices in litigation, labour law, and corporate M&A. The firm's litigators handle criminal cases, real estate disputes and the enforcement of foreign and domestic arbitral awards, among other areas. Highlights on the M&A side include advising Metro Pacific Investments Corporation on the acquisition of an additional 20% of the shares in Davao Doctors’ Hospital; after the acquisition, Metro Pacific became the majority owner of the hospital. Managing partner Amer Mambuay – who splits his time between Davao and Makati City – is another key contact.
Amer Mambuay; Charmian Gloria
Other key lawyers:
Ralph Mendoza; Beverly Trisha Flores; Celeste Camello
ADM Asia-Pacific Trading Pte. Ltd.
Holcim Philippines, Inc.
Univanich Agribusiness Corporation
Univanich Carmen Palm Oil Corporation
Wyeth Philippines, Inc.
Haynes & Boone LLP
Metro Pacific Investments Corporation
Davao Central College, Inc.
MEDVIL Farms, Inc.
- Represented Del Monte in proceedings before the Regional Trial Court of Davao for the enforcement of a domestic arbitral award.
- Represents an officer of a corporate client who has been accused of illegal possession of forestry products, which were allegedly found in the premises of the client, in violation of the Revised Forestry Code.
- Advised Metro Pacific Investments Corporation in the acquisition of an additional 20% of the shares in Davao Doctors’ Hospital.