Immigration in Philippines
Angara Abello Concepcion Regala & Cruz Law Offices (ACCRALaw)'s immigration practice covers applications for alien employment visas and special work permits, as well as more specialist work such as challenging denials of naturalisation petitions and deportations. The practice is led by Maria Khristina Garcia-Angel, who acts for clients including multinationals and large Filipino companies. Associate Napoleon Gonzales is also noted.
Other key lawyers:
Martinez Vergara Gonzalez & Serrano's immigration practice advises clients, including international companies, on visa applications to bring foreign workers into the Philippines. The team also acts alongside the firm's corporate department to advise on the labour implications of transactions. The practice is led by Shirley Alinea and Phil Ivan A. Chan.
Invicta Cyber Defence Corporation
- Processed applications for an AEP Exclusion, PWP and 9(g) visa for a senior employee of Invicta Cyber Defence Corporation that was assigned to the Philippines for a short-term project.
Quisumbing Torres is particularly active advising on the transfer of employees into the Philippines, and acts for a client base that includes prominent multinationals. The team is noted for its experience in complex matters such as securing certificates of no objection from the Department of Labour and Employment, off-shore visa applications, and alert list lifting. During the Covid-19 pandemic, the firm has been involved in helping firms apply for exemptions to the Philippines' travel restrictions. Practice head Miguel Galvez is very well respected for his experience and knowledge in this area; associate Rafael Roman Cruz is also a name to note. The firm is a part of the broader Baker McKenzie group and is able to draw on specialists in the network to handle cross-border work.
Other key lawyers:
‘The Immigration team at Quisumbing Torres is very reliable. They always go above and beyond to deliver what we need. They are very easy to contact and their response time is excellent. They usually respond in a few hours. We have not experienced this level of service from the two other firms we’re currently engaging.’
‘Miguel Galvez, the head of the Immigration Team is a superstar and an expert at immigration law. He has successfully advised and represented us in complex and very difficult immigration matters. We always rely on his valued counsel and advice. He is easy to reach and always responds immediately.’
‘Baker McKenzie’s team always provides professional legal opinions and solutions.’
‘Miguel Galvez, as the partner, leads an efficient team to provide timely response to our request and perfectly interact with both our managerial and work level colleagues. He personally has an excellent cross-cultural understanding and can easily grasp the key points and concerns of us, an international client, and always provide satisfactory advice and solutions. He also shows the flexibility and amicability as well as professionalism during his years’ service to us.’
Alphabet / Google Inc
Working alongside its corporate department, SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan provides multinational companies with immigration advice, such as aiding them with work visas and work permits for staff. In addition, the firm handles residence visa applications for retirees. Rodelle Bolante is the key partner in the team.
US Wheat Associates, Inc.
US Auto Parts
Thomson Reuters Asia PTE
Sarimonde Foods Corp.
- Handling in-country processing of work visas and work permits for Fragomen’s multinational clients operating in the Philippines.
- Advising Fordays Philippines on employment issues for its expatriates and other immigration matters and processing visas and permits for its foreign staff.
- Processing work visas and employment permits for key B/E Aerospace personnel assigned to Philippine operations.
Led by Raoul Angangco, Sylvette Tankiang, and Paul Rodulfo Imperial, Villaraza & Angangco (V&A Law) provides corporate immigration advice to major multinationals. In addition to assisting firms with securing work visas and permits, during the COVID-19 pandemic it has also advised clients on the rapidly changing immigration situation in the Philippines.
‘A fantastic and well informed team. Very very professional in terms of interaction.’
‘I have worked with various legal firm on visa processing. This has been the best so far in my last 10 years in the Philippines.’
Tata Consultancy Services (Philippines) Inc.
PayPal Philippines, Inc.
Twitter Philippines, Inc.
Spinalcare Chiropractic, Inc.
AirBnb Philippines, Inc.
- Assisting Tata Consultancy Services (Philippines) Inc. in all applications for the issuance of the proper visas and work permits in favour of the client’s numerous expatriates, handling all steps of the process from assistance in entering to departure and downgrading. More recently assisted the client in navigating through immigration and travel difficulties caused by the sudden lockdown of international facilities and regulatory/processing offices in the Philippines for numerous employees.
- Advising PayPal Philippines, Inc. as well as its affiliated company Venmo, on its labour and immigration concerns, and from time to time other corporate related matters.
- Assisting Remitly, Inc. in all applications for the issuances of the proper visas and work permits in favour of the client’s expatriates. Also assisted an employee of the client who was in conflict with the Nicaraguan government due to her non-profit organisation actions.
Boutique immigration law firm Avenida and Diaz Law Office handles immigration matters including work permit applications, revalidations, and alien registration applications for a client base including SMEs and multinationals. Practice head Kristine Avenida and associate Carlo Artemus Diaz are the key contacts.
Other key lawyers:
Augment General CounselYes
Blackpanda Philippines Inc
Cathay United Ban Co. Ltd. Manila Branch
China Banking Corp.
ChodaiCo., Ltd. –Manila Representative Office
Collectius CMS (P) Inc.
Coral Resources Philippines Inc.
Cushman & Wakefield Philippines Inc
DKT Health Inc.
Duta Anugrah Damai Sejahtera Phils Corp
Elysium NW Cosmetics Inc.
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. (Manila Brach)
MUFG Bank, Ltd. (Manila Branch)
Oceanagold (Philippines) Inc
Philippine Seven Corporation
Primer Media Inc
- Advised Oceanagold (Philippines) Inc. on processing various permits and visas.
- Assisted Zomato Philippines Inc. with processing various work permits and visas.
- Assisted Philippine Seven Corporation with processing various work permits and visas.
Fortun Narvasa & Salazar
Romulo Mabanta Buenaventura Sayoc & De Los Angeles advises clients on immigration law matters, including assisting employers with bringing foreign workers into the Philippines.