Maria Khristina Garcia-Angel leads an outstanding team at Angara Abello Concepcion Regala & Cruz Law Offices (ACCRALaw). It is noted for its expertise across a wide range of immigration and citizenship matters, in addition to outbound employment procedures for Filipino nationals. The dedicated practice is sought after by foreign embassies, government institutions, local conglomerates and other entities, including international banks and hotel chains, to handle a host of issues relating to visas, work permits and other immigration mandates. The practice also has demonstrable experience advising foreign nationals who have been excluded from the country, as well as defending clients facing deportation charges. Napoleon Gonzales is another key contact in the team.
Immigration in Philippines
Maria Khristina Garcia-Angel
Other key lawyers:
‘Professionalism is evident in the team. Their people are the strength of Angara Abello Concepcion Regala & Cruz.’
‘Partners and associates are professional, accommodating, and have a quick response to inquiries.’
The immigration practice at Martinez Vergara & Gonzalez Sociedad is jointly led by Shirley Alinea and Reynaldo Dizon. Senior associate Gino Paulo Uy is another key member of the group, who acts for clients on a diverse range of immigration matters and transactions. The team advises on all types of visas and work permits, with demonstrable experience assisting clients who have been blacklisted or facing deportation proceedings. It is well-placed to advise both individual and corporate clients on a host of issues pertaining to visa downgrading and clearances, in addition to compliance with the terms of stay of foreigners.
Shirley Alinea; Reynaldo Dizon
Other key lawyers:
Gino Paulo Uy
Invicta Cyber Defence Corporation
Led by Miguel Antonio Galvez, the team at Quisumbing Torres has experience in assisting multinational companies on the management of immigration compliance requirements. It has considerable knowledge of the legislative and regulatory frameworks for immigration matters, both locally and internationally. The team regularly advises on issues ranging from work-related visa and permit applications to permanent residence and investor visa mandates. It is also skilled at representing clients in immigration administrative proceedings and other cases relating to blacklisting and deportation proceedings. Associate Rafael Roman Cruz is another key member of the group.
Miguel Antonio Galvez
Other key lawyers:
Rafael Roman Cruz
‘The team is very responsive and makes sure that deadlines are met when it comes to immigration needs of the company.’
‘Knowledgeable of immigration laws and procedures. Fast and efficient.’
‘Responsive, prompt and efficient.’
SBA Communications Corporation
- Assisted various clients, including a global building materials and aggregates company, a US-based multi-level marketing company and an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company in securing Philippine Off-Shore 9G Visa approval during the pandemic.
- Assisted various clients across different sectors in securing Philippine Entry Exemption from the travel ban during the pandemic.
- Assisting an European multinational conglomerate specialising in luxury goods in reporting and investigating a former employee’s submission of falsified company documents to the Bureau of Immigration.
The employment, labour and immigration practice at SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan is led by Dante Pamintuan, and handles a broad array of immigration issues pertaining to visas and permits. It has been kept busy with citizenship matters and representing clients in adversarial proceedings relating to deportation and blacklisting cases. The group is well-equipped to handle multi-jurisdictional mandates and continues to advise leading domestic companies across the healthcare, banking and insurance sectors. Rodelle Bolante focuses on immigration matters and regularly advises on issues concerning visas and work permits.
Other key lawyers:
Access Healthcare Services Manila, Inc.
ADP (Philippines), Inc.
AMMIC Philippines, Inc.
Colgate-Palmolive Philippines Inc.
Fordays Japan International, Inc.
Fragomen Singapore Pte. Ltd.
ISOC edotco Towers, Inc.
Quantrics Enterprises, Inc.
sanofi aventis Philippines, Inc.
TELUS International Philippines, Inc.
- Handling the in-country processing of work visas and work permits for Fragomen’s multinational clients operating in the Philippines.
- Advising Fordays Philippines on employment issues for its expatriates and other immigration matters and processes visas and permits for its foreign staff.
- Processing work visas and employment permits for Quantrics’ personnel.
Villaraza & Angangco (V&A Law) assists clients through all stages of the visa and work permit application process, as well as advising on the application for an extension of tourist visas. The group assists clients in obtaining visas for foreign employees, in addition to securing travel ban exemptions. Raoul Angangco heads the department and senior associate Mark Benjamin Yam advises on immigration and emigration matters, as well as obtaining visas and permits for foreign nationals and employment certificates for Filipinos who are directly hired from abroad.
Other key lawyers:
Mark Benjamin Yam
Erickson Immigration Group
Tata Consultancy Services (Philippines) Inc.
PayPal Philippines, Inc.
Twitter Philippines, Inc.
SpinalCare Chiropractic, Inc.
- Assisting Tata Consultancy Services (Philippines) Inc. on all applications for the issuance of the proper visas and work permits.
- Assisting Zendesk, Inc. on all applications for the issuance of working visas and permits for the client’s incoming and existing employees.
- Assisting PayPal Inc. in its regular deployment of foreign national employees in the Philippines.
Practice head Robenson Avenida is a key contact at Avenida and Diaz Law Office. The group regularly assists clients with all aspects of visa and work permit applications. It is also recommended for its work on a broad spectrum of immigration matters, from visa waivers and extensions through to special work permit applications, provisional work permits and expired tourist visa updates.
Philippine Seven (711) Corp
Roche Philippines, Inc.
MUFG (Formerly Bank of Tokyo)
Cathay United Bank
City of Dreams
Ikano (Ikea) Philippines
Cesar Santamaria is a key contact at Gatmaytan Yap Patacsil Gutierrez & Protacio (C&G Law) and advises on a variety of issues, involving work permits and visas, as well as other special permits required by regulatory agencies for a foreign national to validly work in the Philippines. Other key areas of focus include advising on special non-immigrant visas for foreign investors and the review of employment contracts for expatriates to ensure compliance with local laws.
Other key lawyers:
‘They always support us and if we have any questions or concerns, the C&G team is always there to attend to our queries.’
‘Very efficient, reliable and always meet deadlines. Carlo Cabrito is knowledgeable and hardworking.’
IGT Technologies Philippines Inc.
Integrated Synergy Construction Corporation
Dyninno Philippines Inc.
Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines, Inc.
LBC Express, Inc.
Expolanka Freight (Philippines) Inc.
Mitsubishi Power Asia Pacific Pte., Ltd (Philippines Branch)
Pagbilao Energy Corporation
Dynapac and Malinta (Philippines), Inc.
Morimura Bros. (Philippines) Inc.
- Assisted the client’s 85 foreign national employees and their dependents from the point of onboarding with the client until the application for emigration clearance certificate.
- Assisted in the application for Authority to Employ Alien with the Department of Justice for the client’s executive.
- Assisted in the Entry Exemption application of an incoming executive of the client when the Philippines closed its borders to foreign nationals.
Gorriceta Africa Cauton & Saavedra has Ramon Andre Cedro at the helm. The group handles an array of immigration matters and frequently advises on issues concerning work permits for foreign employees, in addition to immigrant visas and citizenship mandates. The team is also well-placed to advise on overseas employment issues and compliance matters.
Ramon Andre Cedro
Al-Shwaid Ismael and Phillip Don Recentes lead the practice at Gulapa & Lim (Gulapa Law) and act for foreign national employees and consultants on immigration compliance matters. Other key areas of expertise include advising on the procedures for alien employment permits and exemptions, in addition to issues surrounding inbound international travel restrictions and entry exemption documentation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Al-Shwaid Ismael; Phillip Don Recentes
CCL Label Industries Philippines Inc
Watermatic Philippines Corporation
Pivot-Hawks Manila, Inc.
- Advised Watermatic Philippines Corporation on the requirements and procedures to secure an entry exemption document necessary for their foreign engineers and consultants.
- Advised a client on the application for a special resident investors’ visa, allowing a foreign national multiple entries into the Philippines.