Real estate in Peru
Real estate is a key strength at CMS Grau, a dominant player in large-scale land acquisitions, development and complex contractual needs. Its parallel strength in energy and mining makes it an ideal choice for companies from these land-dependent industries; the firm won a competitive tender in 2019 to advise Minera Las Bambas on all its land and real estate needs. The 16-strong team is 'extremely proactive and goes beyond what is typical of a law firm’; it comprises two expert partners: Carolina Gajate, who has a 'very high level of understanding, contributing to customer decision making’, and Raúl Ravina; he and experienced counsel Juan Pulgar-Vidal are regarded as 'excellent lawyers' who 'have a great knowledge of real estate issues'.
‘Strong customer orientation, business knowledge, permanent availability and proactivity. Recommend Raúl Ravina.’
‘The team is extremely proactive and goes beyond what is typical of a law firm, engaging even in the commercial part of the matter, and looking for points to simplify operations so that they can be completed in a timely manner. They are very confident in their decisions and recommendations and convey confidence in all transactions.’
‘Carolina Gajate has an extremely high professional level, she is very empathetic with her client and is quickly involved in the operation. [The team] has a very high level of understanding, contributing to customer decision making. Unlike other law firms, their experience allows the rules to be interpreted very clearly, making operations easier.’
‘The reliability and predictability of their opinions and conclusions make the real estate law service a strength for the firm.’
‘Carolina Gajate stands out for her excellent commitment to the client and above all, for quickly understanding the problem.’
‘They have a lot of experience in real estate and real estate issues. Raúl Ravina and Juan Pulgar-Vidal are excellent lawyers and have a great knowledge of real estate issues. They are also very trustworthy people.‘
Compañía Minera Antapaccay (Glencore)
Enel Green Power Perú
Minera Las Bambas
Transportadora de Gas del Perú
Government of The Netherlands
Itochu Corporation (Japan)
Anglo American Quellaveco
Graña y Montero Petrolera
Agrícola Santiago Queirolo and Icasol
Mall Plaza Perú
- Acting for Enel Green Power Perú on a range of land matters, including the acquisition of surface rights for the construction and operation of energy transmission lines and plants for the Rubí and Wayra II projects; and the feasibility of access to real estate properties relating to other significant projects.
- Advised Hipermercados Tottus on six acquisitions of real estate properties for the development of supermarkets or hypermarket stores; value $10m.
- Continuing to act for Compañía Minera Antapaccay (Glencore) on the $1.48bn acquisition of rural properties required for the adjacent copper mine projects Antappacay-Tintaya and Coroccohuayco, part of the client’s expansion strategy.
- Continuing to advise Minera Las Bambas, owned by a consortium led by MMG, on the land release and acquisition for its copper mega-project Las Bambas, an area of over 9,000 hectares located between the departments of Cusco and Apurimac; total investment $6.8bn.
- Represented Caral Edificaciones on the development of two multi-family residential real estate projects located in the Pueblo Libre and San Miguel districts; total value $5.2m.
Property, labour and administrative law boutique Estudio De la Flor, García Montufar Arata & Asociados stands should-to-shoulder with larger, full-service firms in this arena, the breadth of its real estate expertise earning premier instructions. A truly deep offering includes complex registry issues, high-value property transactions and associated disputes, representing companies from an extremely broad range of industries including health, insurance, education, retail and energy. Four partner-level specialists lead a strong bench of thirteen associates: Guillermo Garcia Montufar, who brings four decades' experience to the practice; Moisés Arata, lead partner to the high-profile Arequipa Peru Temple (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints); and the very active Claudio Berastain Quevedo and Julio Salazar Calderon, who lead on a large proportion of deal highlights.
‘The firm knows the client very well and therefore can attend to their needs. There are several lawyers who have specialised in different areas of the law and thus they can advise on a variety of problems facing the customer. We have worked with this firm for about 30 years and it has always given us good service and good results.’
‘Guillermo Garcia Montufar is the best property attorney in Peru. Moisés Arata is excellent in property and Carol Villanueva is excellent in construction. These attorneys know the law and are always looking for practical and efficient solutions.’
‘The firm’s team is highly trained and deeply specialised in real estate, municipal administrative, civil and registry matters, being, without a doubt, the firm with the greatest specialisation and recognition in the market. Its leading lawyers have a solid academic background, superior to that of other firms, both boutiques and the real estate teams at large firms.’
‘Moisés Arata is a lawyer with great specialty in civil, administrative, registry and urban planning. He is a specialist in solving highly complex cases, addressing the integrity of factors and generating a quality service. Others in the team who stand out are Martha Silva and Sonia Campos, who have managed to solve important cases. In other firms, the real estate area is reduced to a specialist partner or lawyer, but in this firm they are all real estate specialists. Highly recommended.’
Arequipa Peru Temple – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Auna (Oncocenter Peru)
El Pacífico Peruano – Suiza Compañía De Seguros Y Reaseguros
MAPFRE PERU Compañía De Seguros Y Reaseguros
Inmobiliaria Y Constructora Marcan
Sura Asset Management Peru
- Advised Aldea Logistica Global on the establishment of surface rights over two adjoining land plots, each 27,648m², in the Villa Rica agricultural zone in the province of Lima; value $12m.
- Advised Enel Distribución on the $11.7m sale of property at the Puertas de Infantas urbanisation in Los Olivos, Lima, to Educa Group, for the construction of one of its university headquarters.
- Acting for healthcare facilities operator AUNA on the zoning change of two land plots adjacent to the Delgado Clinic for the purposes of expansion; value $50m.
- Acted for Asociación Educativa Ares on the acquisition of a land plot and a lease and purchase contract regarding another lot, so as to build an educational institution and sports facilities; value $9.5m.
- Represented Fondo De Inversión en Renta de Bienes Inmuebles Sura Asset Management II (Firbi II), on the acquisition of a $16.6m property located at the Airport Urbanisation, in Callao.
Miranda & Amado
Clients at Miranda & Amado are exceptionally pleased with the offering, praising its 'top-notch, highly committed professionals', 'very constructive opinions' and 'comprehensive knowledge of the real estate business’. Among the most appreciated aspects are the multidisciplinary support, experience of complex structures and high-level customer service. The firm excels in efficient corporate, contractual and tax structures on behalf of domestic and international investors, developers and large companies requiring substantial real estate. Much praise goes to department head Claudia Lucena, a full-time real estate specialist with over 20 years' experience who is 'perhaps the best in Peru’. The eleven lawyer team also includes stand out associates: Yelitza Valdivia, a regular on client teams for key matters; and Daniel Corzo and Jessica Huamaní, who are 'remarkable’.
‘Our firm has worked with Miranda & Amado on two real estate development projects, both for mixed uses. For this work we have had the support of Claudia Lucena and Nathalie Paredes (corporate). The firm and the partners we work with are top-notch, highly committed professionals with very constructive opinions, working with other law firms as a counterpart without arrogance, despite being one of the leading law firms in Peru. They understand very complex structures from their own experience and know how to give effective recommendations. They have a team of highly trained and customer-focused analysts and young professionals.‘
‘Claudia Lucena is very, very prepared in real estate matters, perhaps the best in Peru. Her knowledge surpasses that of other lawyers in the sector. In addition to having great knowledge and having participated in many real estate operations, she handles financing issues for these types of projects very well, and her experience in financing contracts is very useful to cover each stage of the project. Claudia Lucena is an excellent person who makes it easy for clients to feel comfortable working with her.’
‘What I like is that they always go beyond the consultation, in such a way that they are not limited to the particular analysis; if they find a point that must be considered by the client and it implies a risk (despite not being part of the scope), they warn and specify it.’
‘The firm differentiated itself from its competitors by the dedication and understanding of the problems we were facing in order to provide an adequate legal solution, which was adjusted to our needs.’
‘What makes Miranda & Amado‘s real estate practice unique is its comprehensive knowledge of the real estate business and its ability to approach issues from a multidisciplinary perspective. The team stands out from other firms at the same level and from specialist boutiques on the subject.’
‘The plus that makes them stand out is their understanding and involvement in our real estate businesses. The strength of the team gives us a lot of confidence. To this I would add their availability and quick response. Claudia Lucena, in addition to being an excellent lawyer, has a practical vision based on her extensive experience and knowledge of the business. The work of associates Jessica Huamaní and Daniel Corzo is remarkable; their deep knowledge of the technical and legal aspects of real estate generates added value.’
‘Strong points: creativity and the ability to innovate in highly complex projects with full command of the regulations applicable to real estate businesses and the challenges they impose; understanding of the client and his project; they know how to dream the dream of their clients and advise them on the limits and or associated risks; they stand out when compared to teams from other law firms.’
‘Leader Claudia Lucena shows availability, creativity and full control of the business.’
Terranum Capital Latin America Real Estate Fund
Morgan Río Capital Management
Paladin Realty Partners
Arte Express & Compañía
Asociación Peruano Japonesa
Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología
EOM Inversiones (Grupo Esparq)
Urbana Perú (Grupo Colpatria)
Tiendas por Departamento Ripley
H&M Hennes & Mauritz
- Representing EWS Inversiones in its $6m acquisition of a building in the financial centre of Lima for a housing project and the legal structure for its association with a real estate developer.
- Acting for Terranum Capital Latin America Real Estate Fund on its purchase of plots of land both in and outside of Lima for housing projects. Total projected investment: $400m.
- Advising INDECO on the $10m acquisition of 100,000m² of land for the development of their new industrial premises.
- Representing CETCO (part of Belcorp Group) in real estate litigation relating to a property in Lima, including a criminal complaint initiated by the client.
- Advising Corporación Albamar on the $3.7m acquisition of a building in San Isidro, Lima, for a housing project.
Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano – Abogados provides comprehensive expertise across all property law disciplines, with specialist know-how in areas such as urbanism, engineering, architecture, archaeology, analysis of seismic risk and traffic impact studies, among others. Led by leading public law and real estate partner Carlos Carpio, the practice evidences particular strength in the public law aspect of the practice, as demonstrated by its experience in municipal regulations and major infrastructure projects. Clients particularly appreciate the standout team work, both within the department and across the wider firm. Other key advisers include construction partner Hugo Silva; and capable associates Isabel Carrascal (who advises both the public and private sector), and Hugo Sarria, an 'excellent professional’ with 15 years' specialist real estate experience.
‘The team knows their issues very well, they take a comprehensive approach and always think of the best alternatives for the client. They are distinguished by their coordinated teamwork which involves other areas of the firm if necessary, thus anticipating situations that may arise.’
‘Hugo Sarria is an excellent professional and excellent person. He is thorough in his analysis.’
Cía. Peruana de Radiodifusión
PLM Inversiones Inmobiliarias
Desarrolladora del Pacífico
Inversiones La Maddalena
Textil El Amazonas
SM Residencial – OCTAGON
San José Constructora Perú
- Representing Shahuindo on all real estate matters relating to the Shahuindo Mining Project, in Cajamarca.
- Acting for bottling company CBC Peruana on all its current and target real estate assets.
- Acting for television company Cía. Peruana de Radiodifusión on relevant real estate matters, such as operational permits and licences for television facilities, and the sale of lands and buildings.
- Advising Constructora Galilea on the evaluation of real estate assets in several Peruvian cities for purchase and urban development purposes.
- Representing APM Terminals, operator of the multi-purpose north terminal of Callao port, in connection with securing operationg permits and licences for its facilities.
The practice at DLA Piper Perú goes from strength to strength, with market commentators noting the team's increasing profile in significant transactions. The firm has notable experience in housing and office building projects, hospitality and leisure, and the agricultural and energy industries; it is also able to advise on regulatory matters, such as land use, zoning and construction rules. Head of the practice Hernán Velarde is 'outstanding’, his market knowledge, practical advice and availability all highlighted by clients. Leading four associates, the team is 'robust’ and 'their knowledge of the real estate sector stands out'.
‘Their strengths are plenty of experience in large transactions, rental and development; robust team and attentive to deadlines; compares very favourably with other law firms.’
‘Hernán Velarde is outstanding. He knows the market and is practical. He recommends and listens, not imposes.’
‘Their knowledge regarding the business and real estate sector stands out. The partner in the area, Hernán Velarde, has valuable practical experience which gives him a particular focus in the various real estate issues on which he advises us. He is very meticulous at the legal level but he is also quite practical and provides solutions to carry out business.’
‘I would highlight the availability they have to assist us any day, any time, particularly Hernán Velarde and Yaritza Rivera, as well as their speed in responding when we require immediate assistance. Yaritza, who is a young lawyer, handles transactions very skillfully and makes a very good team with Hernan. Both have full control of the contracts. In addition to this, I emphasise that both have great knowledge of urban issues and real estate regulations, which means that they can have a clear vision. The best quality I find in the DLA team is the regulatory-transactional mix they have.’
Servicios de Moldes Plásticos del Perú (Sermolplast)
Sociedad Agrícola Tres Cruces Limitada
Sura Asset Management
Espinosa Arquitectos (Esparq)
- Acted for Inversiones Indrago on the sale of approximately 2,000m² of land located in the commercial area of Miraflores, to developer Edifica Group for the development of a mixed-use project consisting of housing departments, administrative offices and commercial premises.
- Advised Grupo Ximesa’s Servicios de Moldes Plásticos on its $14m acqusition of an industrial plant of 54,600m² located in the industrial area of the district of Lurín, from retailer Grupo Topitop.
- Representing a company acting on behalf of two private investors on the development of a new 5-star luxury hotel with 152 rooms located in Miraflores.
- Acting for shopping centre developer Mall Plaza Perú on the leasing on over 80 units for its new shopping centre in the district of Comas, and handling the leasing requirements for its other shopping centres.
Lazo, De Romaña Abogados
Lazo, De Romaña Abogados shines in real estate investment, leveraging expertise from elsewhere in the firm, such as its banking and finance, corporate and tax teams. In broader real estate work, head of the practice Jose Antonio Jaramillo has many years' experience in the field, including niche expertise in land remediation. He is supported at the helm by Claudia Tavara, promoted to partner in 2020, who combines her real estate practice with banking and finance and capital markets work. In a change of lead associate, Manuel Madrid joined from specialist firm Chehade Abogados Consultores in November 2019, replacing Luis Aliaga, who left to join new environmental law boutique Li & Pazos Abogados.
La Positiva Seguros y Reaseguros
Credicorp Capital Servicios Financieros (CCSF) and Banco de Crédito del Perú (BCP)
- Ongoing advice to Grupo Patio on all its real estate operations and regarding the remodeling of malls and offices already acquired.
- Advising Wiese Group investment fund manager W Capital Safi on its acquisition of a stake in hotel chain Selina.
- Acted for the real estate investment vehicle of real estate builder and developer Armas Doomo on targeted acquisition, financing and/or operation of malls, housing and office projects.
- Acted for La Positiva Seguros y Reaseguros on registry analysis of its property portfolios for regulatory purposes.
Estudio Olaechea's offering has great breadth, ranging from corporate transactions, construction, development and planning, to judicial claims and specialist advice on matters including transport, ports, agrarian property and indigenous communities. Clients highlight the friendly, responsive and personalised service, alongside 'a lot of expertise, not only on transactional issues but also on the technical aspects’. Strong leadership is provided by Rossana Natteri, a combined corporate and real estate partner who is an 'excellent negotiator’. She steers a modest-sized team of four associates which includes Alberto Meneses, who is experienced in rural and agrarian property; and Paloma Hoyos, who is strong on transactional matters.
‘It provided a very good service in the real estate area; there was very good attention from the partner who was friendly and always ready to assist us.’
‘Provided good care and availability, particularly Rossana Natteri.’
‘They provide us with personalised advice in each consultation, and show kindness and good treatment always.’
‘The real estate team at Estudio Olaechea supported us with two complex and important transactions. In both they showed a lot of expertise, not only on transactional issues but also on the technical aspects of the property.’
‘Partner Rossana Natteri accompanied us in transactions. She was always ready to take meetings and solve our problems, is an excellent negotiator and helped us a lot to obtain advantages in our real estate leasing operations.’
‘Estudio Olaechea has a solid team that works together for the needs of its clients. If a lawyer in charge of a case requires the support of another internally, they organise it in such a way to provide solutions.’
‘It excels, has good response levels, and is effective. Competitors do not show the same level of resolution and assertiveness. I consider that its best qualities are assertiveness, effectiveness and speed.’
Caterpillar International Services del Perú
Auna Group – Oncocenter
Mar Andino Perú
Universidad de Ingenieria y Tecnología – UTEC
ACS Solutions Peru – Conduent
Viva Airlines Perú
EF Proyectos Inmobiliarios
Fondo De Inversión Privado Renta I
Boston Consulting Group
- Advising AKKO Group on the registration of each real estate unit of a 300-unit, large-scale business centre, constructed by the client in 2017 (and on which the firm also advised).
- Advising Saint-Gobain on the real estate aspects of its $70m acquisition of the tile-fixing business of Ceramica Lima (Celima).
- Advising real estate investment fund Fondo De Inversión Privado Renta I on the negotiation and structuring of the sale and lease of three properties; value $13.7m.
- Advised Boston Consulting Group on the drafting and negotiation of the main lease of its administrative offices.
Real estate is a core practice at Amprimo, Flury, Barboza & Rodríguez Abogados., which undertakes some significant transactions and developments against a broader backdrop of general property law issues. Key 2019 mandates included handling sizeable land sales on behalf of Walmart and Grupo Sandoval. The team of seven is led by the experienced and versatile Eduardo Barboza, who also focuses on commercial contracts and dispute resolution. He is supported at partner level by 'very insightful and sharp' Jaime Miranda and administrative lawyer Carlos Rodríguez. Associate Alejandro Ramos joined from Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International in January 2020.
‘Very pragmatic, mitigates the potential risks to the client and in an early way. It differs from other firms in its capacity for timely execution and very efficient due diligence. In my case, they managed to identify potential risks and we achieved a very good price in negotiation due to the management by the firm.’
‘Eduardo Barboza and Jaime Miranda stand out: very diligent, anticipate risks and have a great capacity for execution and success. They have shown great ability to work as a team with the same focus and diligence.’
‘Eduardo Barboza is one of the most recognised lawyers in the country in civil law, so he is a reference in the market. Jaime Miranda is a highly-respected lawyer and together with other, more junior lawyers, they make up one of the strongest teams in the market.’
‘High knowledge, able to solve complex issues, good engagement with the client.’
‘This real estate team has a great capacity to handle complex and sophisticated real estate transactions. In addition, it has an unusual knowledge, experience and practicality in the local legal market, which distinguishes them and puts them one step ahead of other law firms. It also highlights the ability they have to notice all the issues that derive from a real estate operation, which reverts to accurate, complete advice, but always grounded in reality (something that also distinguishes them from other firms and lawyers).’
‘In this practice, partners Eduardo Barboza and Jaime Miranda stand out. They are highly recognised lawyers in the local and international market. Eduardo Barboza is a benchmark in the local market, and is characterised by his intelligence, know-how and great ability to manage and direct complex negotiations. Jaime Miranda is distinguished by the depth of his knowledge, for being very insightful and sharp when working on the transaction documents. In conclusion, both are capable of making a very in-depth and technical analysis of the transaction, but at the same time they provide practical and efficient solutions.’
‘They are completely reliable when they advise us in any real estate matter. In fact, we always call them especially for sophisticated and complex real estate transactions.’
Walmart USA / Walmart Chile
The Nomad Group
Echeverría Izquierdo Perú
Caja Rural de Ahorro y Crédito Raíz
V&V Grupo Inmobiliario Constructor
Minera Aurífera Retamas (Marsa)
ICBC Bank Perú
Caja Metropolitana de Lima
- Advised Grupo Sandoval on the $7m sale of 5,000m² of land located in Callao to Innova Schools.
- Advised Walmart on the $7m sale of almost 4,000m² of land located in the commercial / industrial area of Chorrillos to Rillo.
- Advising Inversiones Centenario on the preliminary stages of a new project in Manuel Olguin Avenue, a commercial zone in the district of Surco, involving the urbanisation of a 5,026 m² plot for a new hospital.
Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International
Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International draws together a multidisciplinary team of finance, corporate, infrastructure, arbitration and public lawyers who have valuable real estate know-how. The practice is led by top-ranked banking and finance partner Marco Alarcón, with premier public lawyer Jorge Danós a key adviser, along with principal associate Laura Francia, who 'stands out for her extensive technical knowledge’. Despite the cross-departmental approach, clients highlight the teamwork and added value that the multidisciplinary practice brings to their real estate matters. A trio of departures at non-partner level included experienced counsel Jorge Ortiz, who left in December 2019 to establish his own firm.
‘Excellent real estate practice. They have transactional real estate experience, and are fast and very solid in the technical aspect.’
‘Laura Francia stands out for her extensive technical knowledge. She is able to identify relevant contingencies and propose smart solutions that move operations forward. It gives us a lot of peace of mind as she is directly involved in reviewing the queries.’
‘They have good communication and negotiation skills and a very good team with a great disposition to give the best to their client.’
‘Marco Alarcón was the partner who accompanied us throughout the operation. Excellent engagement. He participated in all the negotiation meetings (even though the operation was quite demanding and lasted entire days). It was unlike other firms in which you only see the partner in the first meeting or they are not aware of the details of the operation.’
‘What makes the real estate lawyers unique is the experience they have in various transactions, in addition to their negotiating skills. The team of lawyers at Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International has the skill to be consultants on large-scale real estate projects.’
‘It is a team that has experience on the subject at all levels, from the highest partner to the youngest lawyer. This generates excellence in the documents and opinions they issue, making the client feel confident that they will receive excellent work at all levels.’
‘Best points are the knowledge and experience they have gained over the years, which allow their clients to make better decisions based on the advice received. Additionally, the ability to respond and comply with delivery milestones are quite efficient. I work continuously and directly with partner Alonso Miranda Vargas with associates Diego Becerra and Enrique Johanson and less frequently with Laura Francia Acuña.’
City Storage Systems (Cocinas Ocultas)
Credicorp Capital Fondo de Inversión Inmobiliario Perú
Fondo de Inversión en Bienes Raíces Larrainvial – Colliers II
Fondo de Inversión Activa Estructurado del Perú – Larrainvial
Komatsu Mitsui Maquinarias Perú
Intercorp Retail – Real Plaza
Bolsa de Valores de Lima
Gonzalo Pérez Witch
- Acted for Credicorp Capital Fondo de Inversión Inmobiliario Perú on its $15m lease agreement with GSP Servicios Generales (part of AUNA Group), for offices located in the Panama Building for a mandatory term of ten years.
- Advised City Storage Systems, a start-up that focuses on repurposing distressed real estate assets, on establishing its business in Peru, including analysing the suitability of land for its business purposes and contracting with the owners of such land.
- Advising Fondo de Inversión en Bienes Raíces Larrainvial – Colliers II on its daily operations and possible commercial real estate investments.
Hernández & Cía. Abogados significantly boosted its offering in June 2020 with the hire of Jorge Reátegui and his team from Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria, where he was co-head of the practice. Reátegui joins the firm as head of real estate, and brought with him experienced senior associate Alan Pasco and associate Vicente Portugal. The firm focuses on acquisitions, sales, leasing, financing, zoning, land use and construction matters, and has a strong following among those active in the mining sector. The practice also benefits from the regulatory and administrative expertise of Miyanou Dufour, providing a good partner-level combination.
Depósitos Químicos Mineros
Minera Bateas/ Fortuna Silver Mine
Oco Sur P
- Acted for Depósitos Químicos Mineros on the $2m purchase of an industrial property located in Callao, required for the future expansion of its operations.
- Advised Minera Bateas/ Fortuna Silver Mine on its surface (and mining) rights involving a high number of properties, easements and other surface rights’ matters.
- Advised Oco Sur P on the acquisition of three rural properties.
Muñiz, Olaya, Meléndez, Castro, Ono & Herrera Abogados combines expertise from across the firm to advise funds, developers, construction companies and retailers, among others, on a range of transactions and real estate projects, including shopping malls, condominiums, housing and office projects. Work also includes construction and project management, as well as supplementary agreements such as the permits and licences necessary for the completion of such projects. Elard Dianderas has particular expertise in the subsector of municipal regulation and authorisations, while corporate and tax senior partner Yuri Vega also brings extensive real estate experience to the offering and heads-up the practice over all.
An impressive client list at Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria is testament to the solid and capable practice at the firm, which represents the likes of Graña y Montero, Lima Airport Partners (LAP) and Mondelez Perú. The department has endured considerable movement however: June 2020 saw the departure of practice co-head Jorge Reátegui to Hernández & Cía. Abogados, taking experienced senior associate Alan Pasco and an additional junior with him. This, in turn, followed the stepping down of partner Luis Peschiera on a temporary leave of absence in July 2019, leaving the team much depleted at partner level. Nevertheless, experienced real estate and infrastructure specialist Manuel Ugarte remains in over-all charge of the practice and can call on a team of five associates.
Graña y Montero
V & V Grupo Inmobiliario Constructor
Orica Mining Services Perú
Ingleby Perú Holding
Z y V Inversiones
Instituciones Toulouse Lautrec de Educación Superior
Lima Airport Partners
Aspillaga Anderson Hermanos
Administradora Jockey Plaza Shopping Centre
- Representing Aspillaga Anderson Hermanos before the Agricultural Ministry regarding expropriation by the State of 7,800 hectares of property in Chiclayo.
- Advising V & V Grupo Inmobiliario Constructor on the planning, negotiation and development of the Fairfield Hotel project in Miraflores.
- Advising Orica Mining Services Perú on its $90m acquisition of real estate (approximately 46 hectares) located in the district of Vegueta, Huaura from the Ministry of Agriculture, to consolidate its existing holdings there.
Highly regarded real estate practitioner Franco Soria is building a credible practice at Rubio Leguía Normand with his team of four associates. They include Rubén Quevedo, who specialises in property rights, urban planning and registry law; and Alvaro Gonzales De la Cotera, who advises on construction and public law matters alongside day-to-day real estate requirements. Together they have 'relevant experience in real estate management in public and private entities' and 'mastery of the legal framework and ability to formulate strategies and action plans’. Some enviable clients include Graña y Montero Petrolera, Enel Green Power Perú and Petroperú.
‘They have great knowledge of the topic of telecommunications towers. Other plus points are the fast preparation and review of documents and a good, efficient team. I think they give more – they are a young team, very proactive and eager to get ahead of the issues.’
‘They coordinate with their internal lawyers to be sure that they are aware of the details and aligned to our interests; they fullfil the objectives and there is total trust.’
‘Franco Soria provides strategies with comprehensive solutions; he does not just see the order but the impact of the correlated activities. Excellent attention in the shortest time. He endorses the issues and guarantees compliance with the objectives.’
‘The strong point is permanent communication with the client. The real estate team always provides clarity on all possible solutions and provides a very good accompaniment in the cases and the implications of choosing each strategy.’
‘The plus is that the firm has the involvement of its partners, who control and monitor cases, and provide permanent communication with the client with knowledge of the matter. There are few lawyers with the capacity and knowledge of the real estate sector as Franco Soria.’
‘High points are the integrated work of the team of lawyers to meet the requirements of the company, within the required deadlines and with high knowledge of the issues consulted. They have a high legal command of real estate issues and procedures to guarantee the client’s real estate rights.’
‘They have relevant experience in real estate management in public and private entities. Mastery of the legal framework and ability to formulate strategies and action plans. Franco Soria, Rubén Quevedo and Alvaro Gonzales De la Cotera are recommended.’
‘They are very efficient in analysing and posing the solution and response to problems. They analyse the problem well and give the client different possible solutions so that the client can have a broader picture of the problem in all situations.’
Petróleos del Perú – Petroperú
Caja de Pensiones Militar Policial
Tiendas del Mejoramiento Del Hogar/Sodimac – Maestro
Graña y Montero Petrolera
Enel Green Power Perú
Fondo Mi Vivienda
Empedrada Lodge. Caral – Peru
- Acting for Petróleos del Perú – Petroperú on the remediation of company properties located in the province of Talara, as well as on the land-related aspects of the client’s Talara Refinery Modernisation Project.
- Advisng Tiendas del Mejoramiento Del Hogar / Sodimac – Maestro on obtaining building permits and licences for the expansion and remodeling of the Maestro store in Chiclayo.
- Representing Graña y Montero Petrolera in obtaining the hydrocarbons transport easements for Lot IV in Talara, Piura.
Arbe Abogados advises local and foreign companies on the development of real estate projects, particularly in the housing sector. Work includes land acquisition, planning and zoning restrictions, the financing of projects and general contractual matters including construction, the acquisition of real estate units and joint ventures. Clients include some well-known participants in the funds, construction and development arenas. Francisco Gálvez leads a small team of three associates, with backup from finance and corporate partner Cesar Arbe; both have 'extensive experience’.
‘They have deep knowledge of the sector, its risks and the key aspects to consider in decision making. Team works closely with the client.’
‘Very focused and trustworthy in what is to be done; contribute ideas or alert to risks that go beyond what has been asked.’
- Representing a construction company on a high-value housing project development on the boundary of the districts of San Isidro and Magdalena del Mar.
- Acting for a real estate investment fund on the acquisition of a property in the district of Miraflores for the development a residential project.
De Bracamonte - Haaker - Castellares
De Bracamonte - Haaker - Castellares has a sizeable real estate practice engaged in transactions, financing, land due diligence, administrative procedures and general real estate contracting. It is currently advising on the construction and development of two major hotels in the Miraflores district of Lima. Banking and finance partners Ricardo Manuel Haaker Yori and Christian Castellares Alfaro combine their banking and finance practice with real estate matters, and lead a dozen associates, including the 'outstanding’ Luis Fernando Edwards, and Lorena Silva Osores , who is 'ideal to work with’.
‘Professional, compares favourably with other firms, excellent attorneys who are knowledgeable about consultation issues.’
‘The partners Christian Castellares Alfaro Ricardo Manuel Haaker Yori are dedicated and trustworthy; the outstanding associates are: Luis Fernando Edwards, who has built an interesting career due to his ability in financial structuring, purchase sales, trusts, negotiation of contracts with hotel chains and tax planning, among others; and Lorena Silva Osores, who has extensive knowledge in the field of real estate law, such as the study of titles and negotiation of contracts for the sale of real estate.’
‘They show lots of proactivity and knowledge about the market. They also know how each of the municipalities within which we interact works. Lorena Silva Osores is ideal to work with.’
Compañía Inmobiliaria Paracas
Activa Private Debt Peru (Larrain Vial)
Grupo Su Ksa
Inversiones y Servicios Borda Guerra
Fundo Doña Pancha
Southern Bridge Capital (Perú)
Grupo Inmobiliario D&C
Grupo Inversiones Granadero (IAC Proyecto)
- Advising Inversiones y Servicios Borda Guerra on the $50m construction and development of the four-star Accor Hotel in the district of Miraflores.
- Advising Grupo Inversiones Granadero (IAC Proyecto) on all the contractual aspects for the operation of the Marriott Hotel to be built in Lima’s Miraflores district.
Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Pérez Abogados is gaining a profile in this arena commentators note, drawing together its transactional expertise with growing property and land regulatory know-how. It notably established Peru's first real estate investment trust, Fibra Prime, in 2018 and continues to advise it on acquisitions and portfolio management. Practice head Alfredo Chan combines his M&A practice with real estate matters, while senior associate Roberto Gutierrez brings his full-time real estate focus to the offering.
‘The team is absolutely dedicated and highly technical, involved in the transaction and identifying the risks and proposing solutions.’
‘Excellent technicians, deep involvement with the transaction and they take care of the client’s interests.’
Viva GyM (Graña & Montero Group)
Corporación EW (Wong Group)
Bolsa de Valores de Lima
- Adviser to Fibra Prime, Peru’s first real estate investment trust, on the analysis of various potential real estate investments and on current portfolio mangement.
- Acted for Scotiabank on the $8.5m purchase of three properties located in the district of San Isidro, Lima.