Akhund Forbes is a known name for its vast experience in high-value corporate and commercial deals. With Rabel Akhund at the helm the 'highly responsive' team is notable for its expertise in M&A, joint ventures and corporate regulatory work in particular. It is also recommended for its work with foreign lawyers on complicated multi-jurisdictional deals as well as advising on a myriad of complex issues from leveraged buy-outs to hostile bids and friendly offers. The group garners praise too for its advice on joint venture projects in the power and energy sectors. Sahar Iqbal heads its venture capital practice and is also well-regarded for her work in private equity, M&A, capital markets and joint ventures.
Corporate and M&A in Pakistan
Other key lawyers:
‘The team’s advice is cleanly presented, eminently readable, precise and delivered always on time. The scale of the project with which we have engaged the firm requires laser-like focus on a specific legal area and provides little room for error or deviation from the project specification‘.
‘We require regular updates on the state of the law in Pakistan and Sahar Iqbal and Rabel Akhund keep us abreast of developments around the clock‘.
‘Akhund Forbes provides a high level of partner attention to transactions and mandates on which we have engaged it. Rabel Akhund has the unique ability to get the parties to reach a consensus in tough deal breaking negotiations. He gives us a lot of time and attention and is personally vested in our success‘.
‘Highly skilled at what the team does, and as a team is capable of working extremely well with any international peer (counsel, advisor or otherwise)’.
‘Really understands the local market on any complex transaction matter and also knows how cross-border deals work‘.
‘I really appreciate the support provided by Mr. Rabel Z. Akhund. He is fluent in English and very pedagogical. He provided clear advice in quite complex matters and was able to explain the relevant local regulations in an easy way‘.
‘The team is focused on the matter that is being referred to it and on achieving the committed deadline. It adopts a holistic approach and is flexible. It takes into account the client’s viewpoint‘.
Edotco Group SDN Berhad
Kojima Law Offices
Aisha Steel Mills Limited
Arif Habib Group
Edotco Pakistan (Private) Limited
Edotco Towers (Private) Limited
Zhong Lun Law Firm
Cheez Group, Shanghai
Cheezmall (Private) Limited
Baker & McKenzie LLP
Stanley Electronic CO., LTD
THAI STANLEY ELECTRIC PUBLIC CO., LTD.
Indus Associated Consultants
Latham & Watkins LLP
Privatisation Commission, Government of Pakistan
Norton Rose Fulbright
Chongqing Changan Automobile Co. Ltd
China Power Hub Generation Company (Pvt.) Limited
MCB Arif Habib Savings and Investments Limited
UBL Fund Managers Limited
NBP Fund Management Limited
Novartis Pharma Pakistan Limited
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
Jun He Law Offices
House of Habib
The Abraaj Group
Al Tamimi & Co.
Allied Advertising Group LLC
Gemini Office Holdings Limited
Stevens and Bolton LLP
Weye Cement and Construction Materials (Private) Limited
Elixir Securities Limited Pakistan
Saudi Research Publishing Company
Media Arabia Limited
Vox Asia Productions (SMC Private Limited)
InterContinental Hotels Group (Asia Pacific) Pte. Ltd
Kantoor van Notaris Jean-Philippe Claesen
Sumitomo Chemical Asia Pte Ltd
Nawan Laboratories (Pvt) Ltd.
- Advising the Privatisation Commission of Pakistan, as Pakistan legal counsel, on the privatisation of two RLNG based power plants in what will be one of the largest ever privatisations (in the power sector) through a strategic sale in Pakistan’s history expected to yield around $2bn.
- Successfully advised the client on its first private equity investment/joint venture in Pakistan. The client is one of the largest truck/vehicles manufacturers in China and Master Motors is a leading conglomerate in Pakistan. This is one of the largest Chinese investments in Pakistan’s automotive industry to date.
- Successfully advised the client on its first private equity investment/joint venture in Pakistan. Stanley Electric is an old company that produces lighting equipment through its group companies across the region.
Under the leadership of Khozem Haidermota the large and experienced team at Haidermota & Co Advocates has developed particular expertise in advising on complex restructurings and re-organisations. It remains a first choice for major companies seeking to do business in Pakistan with sector expertise in oil and gas, telecoms and payments systems as well as e-commerce and banking. It also has substantial experience in other areas such as aviation, pharmaceuticals as well as infrastructure and energy. The team garners praise too for its M&A work and also for its private equity experience in addition to its regulatory advice. It is strong too in other areas such as advising on shareholder rights and on minority rights issues. The group also frequently advises listed companies on securities laws and other matters including insider laws and confidentiality issues.
‘It is a professional and well qualified team with a great market reputation. It is very responsive and strictly meets deadlines and keeps to the client’s brief. It shows an understanding of the client’s objectives and respects suggestions from the client‘.
‘The team makes decisions and recommendations based on an accurate legal and factual analysis‘.
‘The team assesses the degree of legal risk that may be involved in different matters in a timely way. The team tries its best to achieve the desired outcome‘.
‘It demonstrates good judgment in planning and managing the matter. The team gets an understanding of the client’s objectives and respects the suggestions and thinking of its clients while demonstrating good judgment as to when to challenge the client’s decisions and suggestions‘.
International Finance Corporation
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co. Ltd
EY Ford Rhodes
MCB Bank Limited
PkNet (Private) Limited
Dawlance Group of Companies
Vitol Dubai Limited
The Hub Power Company Limited
Lakson Business Solutions
United Bank Limited
Mitchell’s Fruit Farms Limited
ICI Pakistan Limited
Pak Arab Refinery Limited
Habib Bank Limited
IVM Intersurer B.V. (Dutch Insurance Company)
Lakson Investments Limited
UEG Renewable Energy Group (Private) Limited
Pakistan Catalyst Fund I LLC
Dalda Foods (Private) Limited
Straumann Holding AG
Indus Delta Capital Limited
Sindh Engro Coal Mining Company Limited
- Acting as legal counsel to a Colgate-Palmolive company that intends to increase its consolidated shareholding in a listed company in Pakistan, Colgate-Palmolive (Pakistan) Limited by twenty-one percent (21%).
- Assisting the financial advisors in advising the Privatization Commission of Pakistan in relation to the privatisation of House Building Finance Company.
- Advising Packages Limited, a listed company, in relation to its proposed internal restructuring/reorganisation with a view to creating a holding company structure.
Mohsin Tayebaly & Co is one of the leading firms in Pakistan for corporate and commercial transactions. It has a particular emphasis on mergers/demergers and acquisitions as well as on IPOs and private equity. The firm also boasts considerable experience in advising on the incorporation and establishment of businesses in the country. Its client base includes major international and local corporate entities and financial institutions. Irfan Tayebaly leads the team that has an array of other well-established practitioners including Mehreen Manto, Vaseeq Khalid and Mikael Rahim.
Bank Al Habib Limited
Saudi Bugshan Group
Vava Cars Pakistan
The Searle Company Limited
Pakistan Stock Exchange Limited
BankIslami Pakistan Limited
Hascombe Business Solutions (Private) Limited
Coastal Refinery (Private) Limited
Orr, Dignam & Co. has a solid and varied corporate and commercial practice that advises a broad range of clients on many complex transactions and reorganisations. The team is particularly experienced in technology, media and telecoms matters and advises several social media platforms on a wide range of corporate and regulatory matters. It works closely with some international law firms and routinely advises on shareholder issues, corporate governance and on the incorporation of companies in Pakistan. Aliya Yusuf is one of the main contacts.
Uber Technologies Inc.
Axiata Group Berhad
Pak-Arab Refinery Company Limited
Pakistan Petroleum Limited
Oil Companies Advisory Council
- Advising BB Energy on the proposed arrangement for the supply of petroleum products by a BB Energy group company to Euro Oil (Private) Limited and on the proposed acquisition by the proposed acquirer of a certain amount of the shareholding in Euro Oil (Private) Limited from its shareholders.
- Advising Uber Technologies Inc. on the various applications to the Competition Commission of Pakistan for the necessary clearance and exemption that is required for the acquisition of Careem, Inc. by Uber Technologies Inc – work includes attending a hearing in the matter.
- Advising Fauji Foundation on the sale of a significant minority shareholding in a grain and fertiliser terminal at a port in Pakistan to Cargill Inc.
RIAA BARKER GILLETTE
The first-rate team at RIAA BARKER GILLETTE is well-placed to advise on all aspects of cross-border commercial agreements from competition matters to employment and IP. It has particular expertise in assisting clients in making greenfield and brownfield investments in Pakistan. Clients range from entrepreneurs to established companies and non-profit entities. Names to note include senior and managing partner Ahsan Zahir Rizvi along with Karachi-based Bilal Shaukat who has advised many clients on numerous major acquisitions and takeovers across a broad range of sectors. Yousaf Khosa and Mazhar Bangash are also recommended - both are based in Islamabad.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is a good blend of litigation and corporate work. One can rely on the team to advise on issues by advising on matters from a practical perspective rather than just advising on the law itself. The lawyers are honest and diligent. Accessibility, integrity and responsiveness have been the outstanding qualities of this firm‘.
‘Bilal Shaukat has been a pleasure to work with due to his politeness, availability and responsiveness’.
‘The team at RIAA Barker is very professional and knows about the work and quality of service. The firm worked for us in an international M&A deal and helped us in the process of document preparation and review. The individuals at the firm are knowledgeable and professional. The lawyers took full responsibility of any assigned task and worked with dedication‘.
‘We are dealing with the firm for more than a decade and the distinctive thing is the team’s personal involvement in all matters referred to it. Again it is the professional handling with a perfect personalised touch‘.
‘A ‘go-to’ firm for issues related to Pakistan. Efficient and effective, responsive, knowledgeable and practical‘.
Sanpak Engineering Industries (Private) Limited
Pak Wind Energy Association
Al-Fajar Microfinance Company
Trellis Housing Finance Limited
Shifa International Hospitals
DAI – Pakistan Regional Economic Integration Activity (PREIA)
IFC, World Bank
Taleem Finance Company Limited
Baker McKenzie (in respect of the acquisition of Ricult Pakistan (Pvt.) Limited)
Lakson Venture Capital Fund
Panasonic Marketing Middle East & Africa FZE
The Hub Power Company Limited
Gul Ahmed Wind Power Limited
Yunus Energy Limited
Clariant Chemical Pakistan (Private) Limited
Chevron Pakistan Lubricants Private Limited
Attock Cement Pakistan Limited
Archroma Pakistan Limited
South Asia Pakistan Terminals Limited
Karachi International Container Terminal Limited
McKinsey & Company Pakistan (Private) Limited
Habibullah Coastal Power Company (Private) Limited
Airlift Technologies (Private) Limited
- The firm, as part of a consortium, is advising the privatisation commission on the privatisation of SME Bank Private Limited (the ‘bank’)- the scope of work includes conducting an extensive due diligence on the bank, preparing necessary transaction documents, advising the client on the process of privatisation, including on public sector legislation.
- Assisted its client in completing the preparatory work for the establishment and operation of a digital central trade hub, known as Pakistan National Single Window, for the clearance of cross-border consignments.
- Advising its client on the establishment of a non-banking finance company which aims to provide affordable home loans to low and middle income households – work includes assisting the client on finalising a unique agency-based model for the processing of loans which is likely to be a one-of-a-kind in Pakistan.
Axis Law Chambers
Axis Law Chambers has a strong and varied practice. The team has substantial experience in mergers and acquisitions in addition to other areas such as advising on takeover laws and merger approvals. It has a solid reputation for its advice on foreign investment in Pakistan including advising on Chinese foreign investment under OBOR and CPEC. The group is well-regarded too for its work on major project financing deals as well as having considerable expertise in digital payment systems and public sector development project work. Names to note include Mian Tariq Hassan, Ali Zahid Rahim and Waqqas Mir. Syed Shahab Qutub is another key figure. The team expanded at a senior level too with the addition of Daud Munir from Covington & Burling LLP.
‘Axis Law is highly professional in its dealings. The lawyers are quick to respond and go the extra mile to help their clients out. They have helped me out in at least 3 different cases. The trust that I have been able to develop with them is something that I have not been able to develop with any other legal company‘.
‘In the simplest of terms, the lawyers are competent. They know their stuff. They thoroughly research before dispensing advice. They make their clients feel comfortable and secure. They are unlike any other legal firm that I have encountered‘.
‘The team is excellent in terms of it being thorough and its attention to detail. The lawyers are also unique in that there’s a moral conscientiousness to their dealings which allows for each case to be looked at on not just purely commercial terms, but also on ethical and humane grounds‘.
‘Mr Ali Rahim, I know him personally and know also his profound respect for the law and for justice, this makes him the perfect person to seek counsel. His associates are driven by a similar zeal and commitment to do the right thing and you will not be surprised to find this quality is generally reflected in the firm overall’.
‘Axis Law offers the advantages of a full spectrum law firm. A one-stop shop for all our needs. Professional, diligent, and always gives sound advice. Ali Zahid Rahim‘.
Engro Enfrashare (Pvt.) Limited
Meekal Hasan Band
Privatization Commission of Pakistan
Dar-es-Salaam Farms (Pvt.) Limited
Polycon Pakistan (Pvt.) Limited
ABM Infotech (Pvt.) Limited
- Advised the company on various legal matters in connection with the Women Entrepreneurial Challenge, through which the company provided financing to a number of women-led businesses in the form of a convertible debt.
- Advised the client on a number of licensing matters including on the acquisition of passive infrastructure, infrastructure sharing agreements, as well as advising it on how to deal with local authorities.
- Assisted in the incorporation of a company that was created to own and operate shared offices and co-working spaces in Lahore – this involved an amendment to the client’s constitutional documents and the structuring of a multi-jurisdictional transaction between Virtual Force Pakistan and an entity in Bahrain.
Kabraji & Talibuddin
Kabraji & Talibuddin represents both foreign and national banks, financial institutions and companies on a broad range of corporate and commercial deals as well as on contentious issues. The agile team has particular strength in advising on joint ventures, inward foreign investment as well as private equity. It is well-equipped to advise on all aspects of competition and antitrust matters too including the filing of pre-merger applications. Kairas Kabraji is well-regarded and is especially known for his work on significant project financings. Danish Shah, Syed Maaz and Maheen Faruqui also head the department.
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
Hub Power Holdings Limited
The Hub Power Company Limited
TPG Global LLC
Overseas Private Investment Corporation
Paypal Holdings Inc.
BSN International Holding GmbH & Co. KG
China Machinery Engineering Corporation
The Dot & The Line (Pvt. Limited)
- Advising TPG on the acquisition of three portfolio companies in Pakistan (that are indirectly owned by the Abraaj Growth Markets Health Fund).
- Advising HPHL in relation to its equity contributions, grant of subordinated loans and issuance of letters of credit to Thal Nova Thar Power (Private) Limited.
- Advising HPCL in relation to its equity contributions, grant of subordinated loans and issuance of letters of credit to Thar Energy Limited.
Vellani & Vellani
Vellani & Vellani has an impressive and diverse roster of clients from public companies to private companies, partnership and single member companies to not-for-profit associations, trusts and societies. The team has expertise in a number of diverse sectors including banking, tea, coal washing and pharmaceuticals. Recently, the firm has been increasingly advising on the restructuring of corporates and family businesses and has advised some local and foreign listed companies on various acquisitions and joint ventures in the retail, personal care, automotive as well as the food and beverage sectors. Badaruddin Vellani is one of the primary contacts for corporate matters.
ABS & Co. Advocates and Corporate Counsels
Through its offices in Lahore and Islamabad ABS & Co. routinely advises the management of corporate entities on the full array of legal matters from company acquisitions to mergers, regulatory matters and other commercial issues including agency and lease agreements. It is also known for its strength in advising on directors’ duties and its experience in drafting the constitutional documents for companies. Lahore-based Sarjeel Mowahid heads the department and has significant transactional experience. He has, in addition, advised clients on several project financings and corporate finance transactions and on numerous contractual disputes.
‘I have had a brilliant experience with the entire team in terms of expertise. The lawyers know their job well and are very keen to learn about the latest happenings in the legal and regulations arena‘.
‘Sarjeel Mowahid has wide knowledge of all areas of law and adds value to the core of all work that leaves his table. He is very thorough in all his tasks. I must acknowledge that he has a special capacity to attract new clients by his exceptional legal skills and his untiring efforts to improve his learning curve. He has also learned the art of client retention over a period of a long number of years spent in the profession. I wish him all the best!’.
China Ghezouba Group Company Limited
Lahore Waste Management Company Limited
Bank of Punjab
Precision Wellness LLC
Heavy Mechanical Complex
Habib Rafique Pvt. Limited
Pakistan Microfinance Investment Company
Quaid-e-Azam Thermal Pvt. Ltd.
Punjab Thermal Pvt. Ltd.
Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A (PGNiG S.A.)
Samson Group of Companies
United Bank Limited
Siddique Sons Tinplate Limited
Punjab Population Innovation Fund
Punjab Skills Development Fund
- Advising PGNiG S.A. on various matters including advising on international energy regulations with a particular emphasis on energy, corporate and transactional advisory matters in commercial contracts.
- Advised CGGCL on the assignment of rights for the Mohmand Dam Project to a commercial bank in lieu of a syndicated counter guarantee facility agreement.
- Advised QATPL on the conversion of PKR 4.425bn that was received from its sponsors as an advance against an equity contribution into a sponsor loan.
Ahmed & Qazi
Ahmed & Qazi is known for its experience of advising domestic and international companies on various joint venture arrangements and on the establishment of branch offices in the country. The seasoned team advises government bodies and government-owned entities as well as local and multinational companies on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters. Other areas of expertise include advising on supply contracts and on import and export related issues. Saim Hashmi is a key member of the team that also advises on a diverse range of governance matters as well as on the transfer of shares and the payment of dividends.
Other key lawyers:
Senior partner Khwaja Hosain is a key figure at FGE Ebrahim Hosain. The team frequently advises major national and international corporations on a myriad of complex deals. It has substantial experience in advising on project financing documentation and in conducting legal due diligence on large cross-border transactions. Other strengths lie in private equity matters and sector expertise in energy and power as well as oil, gas and telecoms. Haroon Jan Baryalay is another name to note.
Ijaz Ahmed & Associates has a multitude of impressive clients and also works closely with a number of international law firms. Ijaz Ahmed is recommended along with Altaf Qureshi. Quershi is a known name for his work on major transactions and other areas including public offerings, regulatory compliance and privatisations. Recent highlights have included advising various start-up companies and handling matters in the telecoms and energy sectors.
Bank Alfalah Limited
Standard Chartered Bank Pakistan Limited
Faysal Bank Limited
Colgate-Palmolive Pakistan Limited
Philip Morris (Pakistan) Limited
Engro Corporation Limited
Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited
Telenor Pakistan (Private) Limited
Pakistan State Oil Limited
Nestle Pakistan Limited
Liaquat Merchant Associates fields a strong team that is regularly involved in major M&A deals as well as having vast experience in other areas such as corporate governance, project documentation, corporate restructuring and joint venture arrangements. Under the leadership of Faresa Jafarey Ahsan it is also adept at obtaining approvals and consents from the Competition Commission of Pakistan. The group has particular expertise too in other areas such as the pharmaceutical sector and is recommended for its work at representing bidders in various privatisations and for its advice on public procurement laws. Darakhshan Sheikh Vohra left the firm while Shayan Ahmed joined the team. Hassan Arif was promoted to the partnership.
‘The team is very thorough in its work, especially in performing due diligence. Very well versed with applicable laws. Ability to understand the requirements and advise accordingly. Thinking out of the box to review all possible solutions. Detail oriented‘.
Unity Foods Limited
Syngenta Pakistan Limited
Pi Pakistan (Private) Limited
JS Bank Limited
- Advising UFL on all matters relating to the acquisition of the movable and immovable property assets of a private limited company.
- Advising EY on all corporate matters including on various licenses and other requirements for one of its clients (a retail store with an extensive international reach) so that it could establish its operations in Pakistan.
- Advising Mastercard on the law relating to payment services, banking, competition, data privacy and security and anti-money laundering obligations so that it could offer various products and services in Pakistan.
The team at Qureshi Law Associates specialises in takeovers and joint ventures for large complex projects with particular skill in energy and infrastructure. With Adnan Aslam Qureshi at the helm the department enjoys a steady flow of instructions from international law firms and is routinely instructed to advise on shareholder agreements and to conduct legal due diligence. The practice has also been busy advising on the incorporation of companies as well as on secretarial filings for various companies.
Hydrochina Dawood Power (Pvt) Ltd
Sino Energy Consortium
China Three Gorges
Next Vision (Pvt) Ltd
M/s Red Sea Petroleum (Private) Limited
M/s IPS Solar Park-IPS 22 (Pvt) Ltd
M/s IPS Solar Park- JA 23 (Pvt) Ltd
Pakistan Power PV 01 (Pvt) Ltd
M/s IPS Solar Park- JA 24 (Pvt) Ltd
K1 Solar (Pvt) Ltd
- Advising Hydrochina Dawood Power (Pvt) on various matters.
- Advising Sino Energy Consortium (Pvt) on a 50 MW solar power project.
- Advised China Three Gorges on drafting a shareholders’ agreement and other matters in relation to a large hydel project.
A. Qadir & Company has a varied practice that spans tax advisory, corporate and M&A work in addition to competition and anti-trust matters. Other strengths include advising on various intellectual property matters. The dedicated team under the direction of Ehtisham Qadir and Hannia Dawood advise entrepreneurs, government institutions as well as retailers, listed companies and industrial conglomerates. Qadir has particular sector expertise in energy, oil and gas. Dawood co-heads the department and has extensive experience in cross-border transactions.
‘Very professional and the team comes up with solutions.’
‘The very professional attitude of the team is one of its key strengths. Accommodating to its clients.’
Sindh Economic Zone Management Company
Board of Investment, Prime Minister’s Office, Governmentof Pakistan
Khaadi Corporation (SMC-Private) Limited
Weaves Properties (SMC-Private) Limited
Khaadi Pakistan (SMC-Private) Limited
Pie in the Sky (Private) Limited
Fidelity Insurance Brokers (Private) Limited
M-Liberty Insurance Brokers (Private) Limited
K-Kitchen (SMC-Private) Limited
Premier Cables (Private) Limited
Dadabhoy Investments (Private) Limited
Professional Associates (Private) Limited
Sukkur Beverages (Private) Limited
Iqbal Usman Kodvavi Securities (Private) Limited
EA Consulting (Private) Limited
Relacom Services (Private) Limited
F&M Ventures (Private) Limited
Dolmen Real Estate Management (Private) Limited
Associated Constructors Limited
ACL Capital (Private) Limited
Parwaz Express (Private) Limited
Texmark (Private) Limited
- Advised K-Kitchen (SMC-Private) in relation to the review and amendments to various agreements with Desi Gali Express in respect of opening, managing, and operating restaurants.
- Represented M-Liberty Insurance Brokers (Private) on the setting up of an insurance brokerage company in Pakistan and in relation to the licensing of this insurance brokerage company with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
- Advised THK Associates (Private) on a ‘show cause’ notice that was issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under the Securities Act 2015.
Chima & Ibrahim
Chima & Ibrahim has a skilled team that frequently advises multinational corporate clients on a whole host of corporate and commercial matters from M&As to shareholder agreements and corporate reorganisations. It is also adept at advising on restructurings and regulatory matters as well as on contentious matters. Salman Chima and Khalid Ibrahim are the main contacts.
Raja Mohammed Akram Co.
Under the direction of Aneesa Agha and Umer Akram Chaudhry, the team at Raja Mohammed Akram Co. is well placed to advise its clients on the full range of corporate matters. The agile team also regularly represents clients before various regulatory bodies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan and the Competition Commission of Pakistan. Key clients include major banks in Pakistan, companies in the cement and manufacturing industries as well as textile companies, telecommunications, and pharmaceutical companies. Agha has particular skills in energy purchase agreements, shareholder disputes, and power projects.
‘Aneesa Agha is very bright, has good attention to detail, is focused and thorough‘.
‘Umar Akram Chaudhry keeps abreast of all relevant legal developments‘.
Hi Tech Lubricants Limited
Sana Industries and Others
MCB Bank Limited
Pharma Bureau of the Overseas investors chambers ofcommerce
Monster Energy Company
Harappa Solar (Pvt) Limited
Masood Spinning Mills and Roomi Fabrics Limited
Hellenic Sun Insurance Brokers (Pvt) Limited
Nishat Mills Limited, DG Khan Limited, Security General Insurance Limited and Adamjee Insurance Limited
Masood Fabrics Limited
Gharo Solar Limited
Kathai-II Hydro Power (Private) Limited
BST Services Business (Pvt) Ltd
Pakistan Petroleum Ltd
Mobilink Cellular Network
The Bank of Punjab
Pak Telecom Mobile Limited
Reliance IT Solutions (Pvt) Limited
Reliance Aviation Tech Services (Pvt) Limited
Dewan Petroleum (Pvt) Limited
Institute of Chartered Accountants Pakistan
ACE IT Solutions Pvt Limited
- Represented the Pharma Bureau of the Overseas Investors Chamber of Commerce and Industry in enquiry proceedings regarding alleged anti-competitive behaviour and collusive practices by members of the Pharma Bureau of the Overseas Investors Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OICCI) before the Competition Commission of Pakistan.
- Advised MCB Bank on the sale of MCB Financial Services Limited (MCBFSL), a wholly owned subsidiary of MCB Bank Limited.
- Representing Hi-Tech Lubricants Limited, one of the leading distributors of engine oils and lubricants in Pakistan, before the Competition Commission of Pakistan in proceedings relating to deceptive marketing practices based on a complaint filed by a competing business.
Rana Ijaz & Partners
Under the leadership of Rana Sajjad Ahmad the team at Rana Ijaz & Partners advises on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters. Recently the department has advised clients in the oil and gas, technology, real estate and construction sectors. Sajjd is dual-qualified in New York and Pakistan and often advises on the establishment of businesses, on regulatory compliance and on other contractual matters in addition to representing clients in court on various contractual disputes.
Arbisoft Pvt Ltd
BRP Bizzezero & Partners
- Advised its client about various agreements including a shareholders’ agreement, loan agreement and transaction agreement in connection with the acquisition of shares of a UAE-based oil company owned by Pakistani nationals by an international oil company in the UAE. The total transaction amount was approximately $4.7m.
- Advised Rijas Group on the shareholders’ agreements and asset sale agreement in connection with a real estate development project involving the construction of an apartment building in Lahore. The total project value is around $2.3m.
- Instructed by Dentons LLP to render a legal opinion on whether a company incorporated outside of Pakistan but generating insubstantial revenue in Pakistan is required to comply with any applicable local merger laws if it is acquiring another foreign company that is generating no revenue in Pakistan.