Clinical negligence: defendant in North
DAC Beachcroft LLP is well-known across medical defence organisations, insurers and the NHS Resolution. The firm’s medical malpractice law team acts for insurers and insureds in a range of clinical defence matters. David Weatherburn has expertise in volume claims portfolios as well as appellate court work. He leads the team with Neil Rowe, who has ‘excellent judgment and tactical know-how’.
David Weatherburn; Neil Rowe
‘DAC Beachcroft is probably the market leader in defendant healthcare. Its strength lies in the depth of experience across all of its offices, putting it ahead of its competitors.’
‘Neil Rowe is an outstanding partner in Newcastle. He has huge experience in large scale litigation, including group actions.’
States of Jersey
MS Amlin Inc
- A clinical negligence claim was brought in respect of ABC’s management of his delivery at XFT.
- Represented the client at an Interlocutory Application hearing, pursued by the Defendant, regarding whether admissions of liability, made on the basis of preliminary expert opinion, could be withdrawn even after they had been formalised in a consent order agreeing to judgement to be entered and approved by the court.
- Represents a Defendant NHS Trust in a discreet cohort of claims relating to contamination of steroid fluid.
- Instructed by the NHSR to act as lead on all vaginal mesh claims against the NHS in England relating to mesh products used in surgical management of stress urinary incontinence (SUI) and pelvic organ prolapse (POP).
- Advising Spire in relation to explanation and settlement agreements regarding the implantation of silicone breast implants filled with industrial grade rather than clinical grade silicon, thought to predispose to rupture/leak.
A member of the NHS Resolution CNST clinical negligence panel, Ward Hadaway handles claims involving serious injuries, notably those arising out of birth injuries. The practice also has a particular expertise in risk management. Jeffrey Keeble is an expert in high-value birth injury claims and regularly advises as part of the firm’s urgent response team, on issues such as consent, confidentiality, capacity and mental health matters. He leads the team with Nicola Richardson, who specialises in high-profile clinical negligence litigation.
Jeffrey Keeble; Nicola Richardson
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation
North-East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust
NHS North Cumbria CCG
South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust
Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS
Gateshead Health NHS FT
Cumbria Partnership & North Cumbria Uni
Newcastle upon Tyne NHS Foundation Trust
Intraining Group Limited
County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
NHS Hartlepool & Stockton CCG
NHS South Tees CCG
Northern Life Care Ltd t/a ubu
City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust
NHS Greenwich Clinical Commissioning Gro
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
NHS Durham Dales, Easington & Sedgefield
NHS North of England Commissioning Suppo
University Of Newcastle
Delta Academies Trust
Tyneside Surgical Services Limited
Saint John of God Hospitaller Services
Gainford Care Homes Limited
St. Oswalds Hospice
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation
Sheffield Health & Social Care NHS Found