Planning and environment in North West
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP's planning practice acts on residential schemes, regeneration and CPO-based schemes. Team head Richard Lloyd possesses a wide range of experience, particularly in relation to regeneration schemes involving compulsory purchases. Michelle Moss is noted for her expertise in CPO compensation matters. On the environment side, group head Jane Southworth has two decades of experience, notably in relation to the chemicals sector. She is particularly knowledgeable about plastic packaging and waste. Principal associate Catherine Manning acts on non-contentious environmental matters. Senior associate Fiona Barker advises on the planning aspects of infrastructure projects.
‘Richard Lloyd is an exceptional planning lawyer. His knowledge of planning law is encyclopedic which, when combined with his innovative approach to problem-solving, represents a hugely powerful resource within the professional team.’
High Speed Two
The London Borough of Barnet
National Grid Viking Link
Thames Water Utilities
Nuclear Decommissioning Agency
- Advised a client on the transfrontier shipment of waste, including advice on the classification of waste, permitting requirements and Brexit implications. The firm also advised on the notification procedure and guarantee requirements under the legislation and on the client’s ability to issue packaging recovery notes on the export of their goods.
- There are many legal changes at EU level affecting the classification of plastic and the treatment of plastic containing POPs. Produced an advice note for a board, which was used to develop the strategy of the business going forward.
- Advised a client on the qualification criteria for energy reporting obligations under the Energy Efficiency Directive. The client wanted to know whether its group companies in the UK and Germany were obligated to undertake energy audits. The firm worked with the client to understand its group structure and assess its obligations in the run-up to the compliance deadline.
Pinsent Masons LLP
The 'market-leading practice' at Pinsent Masons LLP is jointly led by Mike Pocock, who provides 'thoughtful' planning advice, and environment expert Claire Gregory. Pocock acts on regional and national development and infrastructure projects, with a growing reputation in the student accommodation sector. Gregory assists water and waste sector clients with non-contentious and contentious environmental issues, including regulatory advice and investigations and prosecutions over breaches of environmental law. Planning lawyer Melanie Grimshaw, who is 'pragmatic' and 'sensible', is active in energy and infrastructure matters. Senior associate Elizabeth Nuttall undertakes a broad cross-section of planning work for public and private sector clients.
‘The team has a good understanding of the issues facing our business and have been involved in several long term projects. They are very much a part of the business.’
‘Pinsent Masons are a specialist environmental law practice ideally suited to advise on the particular requirements of our organisation. The team are approachable, down to earth, responsive and available all times. I am honestly so grateful to have the opportunity to work with such a fantastic team.’
‘Market-leading practice – very knowledgeable – large planning and environment practice which covers all the bases and has all the skill sets.’
‘The planning team is experienced, well resourced, efficient and effective.’
‘Claire Gregory, very competent, commercial environmental lawyer.’
‘Melanie Grimshaw, a pragmatic planning lawyer, who gives good sensible advice.’
‘Michael Pocock is very considered and articulate. His advice is thoughtful, well-directed and enables a clear path to be followed through some often complicated planning issues. He is at the top of his game and stands out for the quality of his planning advice.’
‘Elizabeth Nuttall gives calm, concise and effective advice, and is able to deal well with unexpected events.’
Northern Trust Company
University of Sheffield
The Casey Group
- Acting for United Utilities on promoting the UK’s first Compulsory Purchase Order pursuant to the Water Industry Act 1991; this is not only a significant infrastructure project but a precedent of high national interest to other water undertakers.
- Providing HIMOR planning and environmental advice in the landmark redevelopment of the former Shell refinery.
- Advising GBC on all environmental aspects of Slyfield Area Regeneration Project –redevelopment of a sewage treatment site into a housing estate with around 1,500 homes. As part of the agreement the Thames Water treatment works will be relocated from the site freeing up brownfield land for the scheme.
Addleshaw Goddard's planning practice is led by Emily Williams, who handles contentious planning matters for clients such as developers and land companies. She also undertakes non-contentious planning work involving infrastructure and energy projects. On the environmental side, Michelle Headrige is noted for her contentious and non-contentious experience. She is noted for her expertise in the waste, energy and utilities sectors. Legal director Joanne Holbrook has 'a very good understanding of water resources and environmental legislation.'
Other key lawyers:
‘We have worked most closely with Joanne Holbrook, legal director. Joanne has provided an exceptional customer-focused service to help us deliver high-quality statutory plans. She has a very good understanding of water resources and environmental legislation as well as the wider policy arena relating to these topics allowing her to provide more holistic advice on key areas of potential challenge, not just legal aspects.’
Aberdeen Standard Investments
Gladman Developments Limited
University of Chester
Nationwide Building Society
Admiral Taverns Limited
Satnam Investments Limited
Miller Developments Limited
Paul Finnegan / Vans Direct (Southern) Ltd
Pochin Goodman (Northern Gateway) Limited
Hollins Strategic Land
Rosconn Strategic Land
The Strategic Land Group
Southern Water Services Limited
Water Resources South East
William Jackson Foods
- Handled four conjoined planning appeals on behalf of the University of Chester for a site currently housing its Faculty of Science and Engineering situated next to the Stanlow Oil Refinery culminating in a highly publicised three-week long public inquiry in December 2019.
- Acted for Gladman Developments on the widely publicised Court of Appeal case considering the application of the “People Over Wind” CJEU case into UK law.
- Advised Southern Water on the workstreams following the South Hampshire Public Inquiry in 2018, including finalising the environmental packages as part of the s20 operating agreement with the Environment Agency and the collaboration and partnering agreement for delivery of the environmental measures over the next 10 years. Have also recently been appointed to advise WRSE in their collaboration, development and legal assurance of a regional water resource management plan for 2024. This is an ongoing instruction and has been a platform for a number of industry contributions regarding deriving a best value water resource management plan and national framework policy.
Clyde & Co LLP's planning and environment practice generates mandates from SMEs, blue-chip corporates, partnerships and public bodies. Rod Hunt has over twenty years of experience of environmental matters, and is noted for having previously served as an Environment Agency prosecutor. Chris Morrison is also active in environmental matters; his contentious experience includes pollution-related prosecutions. Also recommended is Jason Bleasdale, whose expertise includes water pollution, waste and hazardous materials.
Other key lawyers:
Shoosmiths LLP advises public and private sector clients operating in a wide range of sectors. Kathryn Jump is knowledgeable about the planning aspects of regeneration projects and residential developments. Jump co-heads the practice with Lisa Tye, who undertakes planning work in relation to town and city centre developments. David Matthias, who joined the firm from Weightmans LLP in November 2019, is active in regeneration and infrastructure projects. Senior associate Samantha Grange is an 'exceptional planning solicitor' with experience of working on CPOs.
Other key lawyers:
‘Samantha Grange is very knowledgeable and thorough in her advice.’
‘Samantha Grange is an exceptional planning solicitor who is very passionate about her profession and meeting and exceeding client expectations.’
London Borough of Hackney
Select Property/Vita Ventures Limited
Story Homes Limited
Ainscough Strategic Land Limited
Lancashire County Council
Wirral Borough Council
London Borough of Kingston
Anwyl Land Limited
Sigma Property Capital Limited
- Advised O&H on its strategic sites in Milton Keynes, successfully negotiating their position in relation to a DCO being promoted by Network Rail.
- Challenging the Secretary of State’s refusal of planning permission on the Broadoak site in Salford for a second time in the High Court and taking it to the Court of Appeal, hearing anticipated in mid-2020.
- Advising the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames on the £850m regeneration of the Cambridge Road Estate to be developed in a joint venture with Countryside Properties.
Weightmans LLP's planning and environment practice 'provides an excellent all-round service.' The team is jointly led by Simon Colvin and Lee Gordon. Colvin leads the environment team, with 20 years in the field and a background in environmental biology. Gordon, who is 'focused on delivering the right outcome for clients' heads up the planning side of the practice, and has experience of advising local authorities and property developers. Bob Pritchard, who is 'experienced and wise', has acted on highway schemes and strategic planning and land assembly issues.
Other key lawyers:
‘Excellent North West-based team. Really good for CPO.’
‘My experience with them is in town and country planning. They provide an excellent all-round service for developer and local authority clients in all areas of planning. Particular strengths, however, are planning appeals, highways issues and compulsory purchase. They provide excellent instructions to me as counsel, and liaise brilliantly with clients to achieve the outcome that we are aiming for. They are realistic and practical in their outlook and advice.’
‘Bob Pritchard. Experienced and wise.’
‘I have worked with Bob Pritchard for over 25 years when he was in both the public and private sectors. He has unrivalled knowledge of the workings of the planning system and his history of working in both public and private sectors gives him an excellent insight into how the various issues in a case might be approached by the various parties. He has a deservedly high reputation throughout the planning industry nationally. He is a delight to work with.
‘I have worked with Lee Gordon. He is also very focused on delivering the right outcome for clients in a practical and realistic way. He pitches his clients’ position at just the right level – never over-selling a case, which makes others trust what he is saying to them and convincing them of its merit.’
Peterborough City Council
Royal Mail Group
Nottinghamshire County Council
Cheshire East Council
Liverpool City Council
Pennon – Viridor and Southwest Water
Severn Trent Water
Ford Motor Company
Rio Tinto (Anglesey Aluminium Ltd)
Peel Ports Group
Merseyside Recycling & Waste Authority
Bolsover District Council
Wirral Borough Council
- Represented the Welsh Government throughout the DCO process for a new Nuclear Power Station at Wylfa on Anglesey in Wales.
- Advising on the promotion of the multibillion pound Mersey Tidal Energy Project in advance of submission of a DCO application.
- Advising Broad Energy on the consenting and construction of a 10+MW plant in Mid-Wales.
Winckworth Sherwood LLP's planning team is led by Colette McCormack, who acts on development projects regionally and nationally. Reflective of her deep expertise and standing in the market, she served as the Government’s chief planner at the Chartered Institute of Housing National Conference in 2019. Another name to note is senior associate Joanne Hannah, who provides 'clear advice' on 'complex areas of planning law' and has advised local housebuilders on projects.
Other key lawyers:
‘The Winckworth Sherwood planning team led by partner Colette McCormack are clear leaders in the field of planning. As planning law/policy becomes ever more complex, they are always ahead of the curve in terms of new law/policy and how it affects local planning authorities and the development industry- importantly they don’t just tell you what the law is – which is what some lawyers – they tell you how to apply it and provide a solution. Importantly they understand the political context of planning law at local and community level as well as the need to deliver.’
‘Colette and her team deal with highly complex planning issues but you can always rely on them to lead the project forward. They are proactive and very solutions-driven. Even though they are advising the Council as the local planning authority – they understand the development process and industry and the local government process and how it works including the interplay with the Mayor and local politicians which stand them apart from many planning teams.’
‘The team is led by planning partner Colette McCormack and she is assisted by senior associate Jo Hannah and associate Matt Steinbrecher and the team is proactive and very solutions-driven. They are team players and work closely with the officers advising on highly complex planning and development issues. Colette’s understanding of local government law and the commerciality required in the development process coupled with her specialist planning legal knowledge allows her to think outside the box to find the right solution. We know that we can rely on Colette and Jo to provide clear advice on what are usually very complex areas of planning law.’
‘Colette is very calm under pressure and is skilled at delivering major projects and keeping them on track. She has a very good manner not only with the council officers but also the developers and their consultant teams. Colette, Jo Hannah and Matt Steinbrecher are always on top of their brief from the council and we are always glad that they are advising us at the council as you can always rely on Colette to bring the parties round the table together and to find a solution, as well leading on complex legal negotiations.’
Peel Land and Property (Ports) Limited
Barking Riverside Limited
Wandsworth Borough Council
St. Modwen Limited
Persimmon Homes (North West) Limited
Peel Land & Property Group Management Limited
Clarion Housing Group (North)
Romal Capital Limited
A2 Dominion Limited
Gladman Development Limited
- Advising Peel Land and Property. Liverpool Waters secured outline planning permission on this major site and have continued to provide strategic planning advice to enable delivery including approval of the first two neighbourhood masterplans i.e. Prices Dock and Central Dock and are now looking to secure planning permission in the Bramley Moore Dock for the Everton Football Club Stadium.
- Continuing to advise Wandsworth Borough on the delivery of VNEB including Battersea Power Station and have recently started to advise the Council on its borough wide estate regeneration including York Winstanley and Alton.
- Advising Barking Riverside on creating a new London destination in the outer boroughs to deliver up to 10,800 homes including affordable homes and supporting infrastructure.
Aaron & Partners LLP's planning and environment team is 'approachable and provides solutions'. Its practice is led by David Harries, who has a strong track record in energy projects. Richard Forrester advises clients on waste-related planning matters, environmental regulations and compulsory purchase law. Recently promoted partner Keith McKinney, who is 'meticulous in his preparation', has expertise in renewable energy development. David Delaney is also recommended.
‘They have instructed me on a number of environmental prosecution matters, where they defend. Their knowledge of the wider market and their expertise in general planning matters means that they come to such matters with a broad realistic outlook which serves their clients excellently.’
‘The team are approachable and provide solutions which are their key strengths. Some firms are less approachable and less human. Aaron and partners give us confidence in being able to ask the questions in the first place and providing answers that give us confidence.’
‘Emma McGlinchy is very quick and responding to any queries and we never need to chase. She is very knowledgeable and engages in detailed discussion so that we are given high-quality advice. David Delaney gives his time to explore the issues before providing advice. He is prepared to listen and understand queries before providing the advice required.’
‘I have been particularly impressed by Keith McKinney, who is meticulous in his preparation and his commitment to realistic outcomes for his clients is second to none.’
Hendy Wind Farm Ltd
Aldi Stores UK Ltd
Bryn Blaen Wind Farm Ltd
Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
North Wales Tidal Energy & Coastal Protection Ltd
Morris Homes Ltd
Meadow Foods Ltd
Tudor Griffiths Group
- Acting on behalf of Hendy Wind Farm, successfully obtaining planning permission for a 7 turbine development in mid-Powys. In addition, defended a number of legal challenges to the development from those who oppose the development.
- Continue to provide ongoing planning advice to Aldi on a range of issues including section 106 agreements, section 278 agreements, general planning advice in relation to new stores, planning appeals and judicial review.
- Acting on behalf of Bryn Blaen Wind Farm to obtain planning permission for a 6 turbine development near Llangurig, Powys. In addition, defended a number of legal challenges to the development.
Jointly led by Sophie Stewart and Lachlan Nisbet, Brabners LLP's team undertakes a mix of contentious and non-contentious planning and environment work. Stewart, who is a planning specialist, joined from DLA Piper in September 2019. She has expertise in compulsory purchase, highways and rights of way. Nisbet leads the contentious environmental practice, and is sought out for advice on contaminated land liability and water protection matters. Claire Petricca-Riding departed for Irwin Mitchell.
Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited
Burrell Motor Group
Peel Ports Group
Lancaster City Council
McColls Retail Group plc
Torus Housing Group
Crosslane Property Group
- Providing legal support for the Anfield Road stand expansion project and application for permanent consent to hold concerts and other major events at Anfield Stadium; including advice on Environmental Impact Assessment, planning application, section 106 and 278 agreements and highways orders and rights of way matters.
- Providing advice in connection with Sefton Council’s screening opinion, determining that an application for proposed development in the Port of Liverpool falls within the thresholds for Environmental Impact Assessment. Provided advice on the merits of this decision, the process for and risks associated with an application for a screening direction from the Secretary of State and the interface of this development and the Port Authority’s permitted development rights and energy permitting regimes.
- The sole external lawyers dealing with all section 106 agreements on behalf of the City Council, as well as providing advice on major projects such as the Eden Project and highways and rights of way matters.
Dyne Solicitors Limited
Dyne Solicitors Limited's specialist environmental practice is led by John Dyne, who advises waste recyclers, landfill operators and environmental specialists on a wide variety of matters. His expertise includes environmental permitting, waste and recycling, among other areas. 'Dynamic solicitor' Deborah Bond is known for her expertise in litigation. Consultant Kathryn Lucas, who has both planning and environment experience, advises on water pollution cases.
‘My praise goes to Deborah Bond, who provided a detailed set of instructions to me. That enabled me to fully understand the issues prior to my examination and report preparation. She kept me informed of developments and responses and made me feel that my input was valued. It certainly made me feel part of the team.’
‘During the course of my work, I deal solely with Dyne Solicitors Limited who have always proved to be the most best and most reliable. I work mostly with John Dyne and has always impressed with his dedication to us as a client.’
‘John Dyne is knowledgeable, contactable and professional.’
‘John Dyne is very knowledgeable but doesn’t use the wisdom in a patronising manner. He is very down to earth when explaining various situations to clients and the potential outcome. He is respected by regulated authorities also which makes them easier to deal with in sometimes difficult situations.’
‘John Dyne’s extensive experience of waste cases and often innovative approach to the work. All of our team has dealt with John at some point on cases and we often liaise with him on matters such as site operation i.e. despite his experience John is willing to seek specialist advice from us which compliments his work. Many lawyers we deal with do not do this.’
‘Deborah is a very approachable dynamic solicitor with a significant number of years, experience. Whilst her main expertise is regulatory, she excels in dealing with litigation of all types. She works on high-value cases and often difficult matters that can be key to the operation of the businesses involved. Deborah is meticulous in her work, excellent in dealing with difficult, emotional clients and is painstakingly efficient on deadlines. I have also had some involvement with John Dyne, partner. I can recommend John for his expertise in providing transport and environmental legal advice and the fact that he runs a successful and highly regarded law firm offering vital services in a complex and niche area of law.’
Gateley Plc demonstrates strong capabilities handling the full spectrum of planning issues for clients, particularly those operating in the housebuilding sector, such as landowners, developers and housebuilders. The practice works with members of the development team on planning permission matters. Team head Andrew Piatt has been on the 'top end of planning now for many many years.'. He has expertise in compulsory purchase and compensation issues. Legal director Mark Iveson is another name to note.
Other key lawyers:
‘Andrew Piatt is a very good and sound solicitor who is very experienced and knowledgeable in planning.’
‘Andrew Piatt is just a very safe pair of hands with exceptionally good judgement. He has been at the top end of planning now for many many years.’
Co-operative Group Properties
St James Securities
British Telecommunications (BT) plc
Legendary Property Company
- Advising on all legal planning aspects of St James Securities’ Derby town centre regeneration scheme.
- Advising WD limited which owns and manages a number of shopping centres across the U.K. These include Kingsgate – Huddersfield, Chatham Maritime – Dockside, Chatham and Westgate – Stevenage
- Advising Glossop Land Limited in respect of its reconfiguration of its Glossop town centre residential scheme which forms part of a wider town centre regeneration scheme involving a Lidl supermarket store and another retail unit together with public infrastructure (a riverside walk).
Hill Dickinson LLP, whose practice is led by Grant Anderson, acts for clients in sectors such as housing, energy and infrastructure, commercial and retail. It provides a comprehensive service on a full range of planning matters, including planning applications and appeals, section 106 agreements, compulsory purchase orders and highways agreements. In addition, environmental work is another mainstay of the practice.
‘Straight forward and easy to understand.’
Muller Property Group
FI Real Estate
UK Oil and Gas
The Co-operative Group
Lancashire Cricket Club
MLN (Land and Properties ) Limited
National Express Group
Seabridge Developments Limited
FP McCann Limited
Salford Royal Hospital NHS Trust
- Advising Muller Property Group on a housing planning appeal in Nantwich Cheshire to deliver 189 residential units and 5,500sqm commercial floorspace.
- Advising FI Real Estate on a major residential led mixed use development in Croydon London comprising 31 storeys, providing up to 357 residential units and flexible units for retail, professional service.
- Advising Lancashire Cricket Club in relation to the future development of the Old Trafford cricket ground and wider area.
Irwin Mitchell hired Claire Petricca-Riding from Brabners LLP in October 2019, which has seen its clients benefit from her 'outstanding industry experience'. The firm advises on contentious planning matters, mixed-use regeneration schemes and a wide ambit of environmental issues, among other areas.
‘Claire Petricca-Riding is one of the leading solicitor practitioners in this specialism in the North West. She has more than a decade of specialist experience, initially with niche firms and now bringing her experience to larger commercial firms. Her recruitment was a great addition for Irwin Mitchell and I know that it has expanded the range of services they are able to offer.’
‘Claire Petricca-Riding has outstanding industry experience. Claire understands the clients’ businesses in the specialist waste industry. She has in-depth knowledge of waste regulation, and also experience as a litigator.
R Plevin and Sons Limited
Whitkirk Waste Solutions Limited
Port of Heysham Limited (Peel Ports Group)
Trafford College Group
Artisan Bristol City Wall Limited
Greater Brighton Metropolitan College
Macar Developments Limited
The Jaspar Group
Save our Valleys
- Dealing with one of the largest prosecutions brought by the Environment Agency in 2019/2020 on behalf of R Plevin and Sons Limited, as well as providing planning advice. Appeal is pending.
- Advised on and represented the Port of Heysham in relation to the Lancaster City Council allocations plan inquiry and against a refusal for planning permission. Appeal is pending.
- Advising Green Circle Estates Limited on a number of planning and environmental issues in relation to the development of numerous courses in the North West.
At Mills & Reeve LLP, Keith Davidson leads the firm's non-contentious environmental work in Manchester, which covers environmental insurance, transactional support and brownfield development projects. Davidson represents the firm as a member of the Contaminated Land Panel for the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management.
Urban & Civic plc
Ministry of Defence
DB Cargo (UK)
University of Cambridge
University of Birmingham
Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council
Railway Pension Nominees
- Handling several transactions for U&C plc, including the sale of development land at Radio Station Rugby to Countryside Properties for the construction of 6000 new homes.
- Acted for Murfitts Industries Limited on the purchase of the tyre recycling business of Sapphire Energy Recovery Limited, part of the Tarmac Group.
- Acted for DB Symmetry on the acquisition of a development site at Goole from Homes England to construct a Lower Tier COMAH site for Croda Europe.
Squire Patton Boggs' 'highly professional and diligent practice' is led by Manchester office managing partner Rob Elvin, whose broad environmental expertise includes work noise abatement, pollution, permits and environmental warranty matters. He is active in the energy, chemicals, engineering sectors. Elvin works with Birmingham-based practitioners David Gordon and Anita Lloyd.
‘The firm has a wide range of in-house expertise and is able to offer valuable advice and legal services across a number of areas. This includes CPO advice and technical planning advice as well as wider property-related support.’
‘SPB has a very impressive grasp of both the tactical side of conducting planning appeals, and the importance of giving practical commercial advice. In the most recent case in which I was instructed by them, they ran a very tight ship and the process ran smoothly to a very successful conclusion.’
‘Excellent at planning law.’
‘A mix of international reach with local knowledge and an accessible, practical approach. A wide-ranging infrastructure practice that routinely tackles the esoteric makes for a nimble team with more original and pragmatic insights.’
St Francis Group
British Plastics Federation
National Oilwell Varco
Essity (previously SCA Hygiene)
- Acting for SFG on the acquisition of the former Eggborough Power Station, a 130-acre site just off J34 of the M62 Motorway, one of the biggest property deals of 2019 with a developed value of circa £270m. Advised on all environmental aspects of the transaction, including transfer of environmental liability and risk in the suite of transactional property documents.
- Conducted a business risk review for Olin Corporation of regulatory and supply chain issues associated with Brexit.
- Advised Citron Hygiene UK Ltd on the environmental aspects of a large acquisition of a healthcare waste collection business.
Pannone Corporate LLP undertakes contentious and non-contentious planning and environment work for its clients, under the leadership of practice head Rhian Greaves. The team advises clients on criminal investigations and proceedings, and environmental permitting, and it also provides support to the corporate and real estate departments on transactions. Strategic advisory work is another cornerstone of the practice.
TLT's planning and environment team consists of 'first-rate lawyers with in-depth knowledge of the subject'. The planning practice represents property owners, housebuilders and developers, with Katherine Evans contributing her two decades of experience to various issues. Director Debbie Reynolds, who co-heads the team with Evans, has 'a broad understanding of the key issues' in relation to CPO matters. She also acts on regeneration and infrastructure schemes.
‘First-rate lawyers with in-depth knowledge of the subject.’
‘TLT are more innovative than most other law firms and are keen to explore better ways of working. e.g. Always keen to explore digital methods of service delivery to improve the customer experience. Agile in how they manage the CPO process which usually results in efficiency gains and better control on cost to the client.’
‘Debbie Reynolds has a broad understanding of the key issues requiring focus in order to achieve the successful delivery of the CPO process. She ensures this focus extends to project stakeholders and all are on the same page with timely prompts and encouragement. She therefore usually assumes the role of project coordinator with the willing acceptance of the project team, the client in particular.’
‘Debbie Reynolds has been my primary contact at TLT and she is an absolutely first-rate planning and CPO lawyer with a particular emphasis on the public sector – I strongly recommend her.’
Cheshire East Council
Castlefield Estates Ltd
Muse Developments Ltd
Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council
Oxfordshire County Council
The London Borough of Newham
Landmark Investments Group
Catalyst Housing Ltd
New World Trading Co. Ltd
Nationwide Building Society
Manchester Airport Group No
Radstone Homes Ltd Yes
Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
- Providing land assembly and strategic planning advice to Warrington Borough Council on the high profile Western Link highway scheme, a £212 million piece of infrastructure.
- Advised Oxfordshire County Council on land assembly, highways, strategic planning and statutory matters surrounding a series of major highway infrastructure improvements, including the access to Didcot Garden Village, which was awarded £218 million of HIF monies from Central Government.
- Advising Cheshire East Council in relation to the ambitious Crewe Masterplan, which includes the Crewe Hub station to make the town HS2 ready and improve connectivity, making Crewe the best-connected northern town and playing a pivotal role in HS2 and the Northern Powerhouse.