Intellectual property in Morocco
Bakouchi & Habachi - HB Law Firm LLP assists numerous multinational companies with art searches, the protection of brands, models, drawings, as well as dealings with customs authorities for the suspension of the release of suspected or counterfeited goods. It advises on the full range of counterfeiting and infringement matters, as well as unfair competition matters. Salima Bakouchi and Kamal Habachi are the key names.
Salima Bakouchi; Kamal Habachi
Procter and Gamble
Vivo energy “Shell”
Ziz (energy Fields)
- Assisting Microsoft with all IP-related matters, including a campaign related to unlicensed software and the protection of copyrights, as well as dawn raids and litigation.
- Acted for Alpargatas in unfair competition and counterfeiting matters, including warning letters and legal assistance before the Custom Authority regarding the trade mark “Havaianas”.
- Acting for Philip Morris International in all IP-related matters.
HHH Avocats has cemented its position as one of the leading IP firms in Casablanca and is handling a growing caseload of disputes relating to counterfeiting, patent and trade mark infringement. Experienced partners Ahmad Hussein and Zohra Hasnaoui, who also handle dawn raids and IP filings, were joined by IP counsel Delphine Lenoir, formerly an independent practitioner.
- Handling patent litigation for a Portuguese company in the steel industry.
- Acting for a leading Moroccan company in the IT field in a case against a major telecoms company for trade mark infringement.
- Acting for leading vapour cigarette companies in proceedings before the courts.
Kettani Law Firm has extensive experience in intellectual property management and also handles disputes involving trade mark counterfeiting and the protection of patents, designs and copyright. It also has an active trade mark and patent registration department. Corporate partner Nadia Kettani and litigator Rita Kettani are the main contacts.
M. Mehdi Salmouni-Zerhouni
M. Mehdi Salmouni-Zerhouni is an IP boutique with more than 30 years' experience in the protection and defence of IP rights. Name partner Mehdi Samouni-Zerhouni is regarded as one of Morocco's leading IP lawyers and he handles disputes and IP management for Moroccan and international clients.
Cabinet Aksiman has one of the longest track records of any boutique IP firm in Morocco, having been founded in 1982 by lead partner El Mostafa Aksiman. The firm handles patent, trade mark and anti-counterfeiting matters, including brand protection advisory work and litigation.
El Mostafa Aksiman
Saba IP has a longstanding presence in the IP market across the Middle East and North Africa region. In Casablanca, team advises leading global brands on regulatory, brand protection and contentious matters.