BonelliErede‘s public law team stands out for its comprehensive advice and court work, as well as its sector-specific expertise. The group’s know-how is key to the firm’s environmental sustainability focus, especially when dealing with public administrations and environmental laws and regulations. Moreover, the presence of a task force entirely dedicated to the so-called Italian ‘golden power’ legislation is also among the firm’s key differentiators. The department’s offering is coordinated by Luca Perfetti, who is singled out for his ‘profound competence and his ability to analyse and negotiate’. The team also includes ‘extremely competent’ Raffaele Cassano.
Administrative and public law in Italy
Other key lawyers:
Raffaele Cassano; Cristina Mezzabarba
‘The team is characterized by the very high level of specialist knowledge and ease of dialogue.’
‘Thanks to his profound competence and his ability to analyse and negotiate, Luca Perfetti is a safe bet for the client in every situation.’
‘Competence, knowledge of the dossier, extreme availability and willingness to collaborate with the client, flexibility in the management of remuneration.’
‘Raffaele Cassano: extremely competent, in-depth knowledge of the practices, ability to react in urgent cases.’
Bombardier Transportation Italy
Cairo Network – La 7
Rete Ferroviaria Italiana – RFI
SACBO Aeroporto di Bergamo
- Advising Cairo Network in the tender procedure concerning the assignment of television frequencies.
- Advising ILVA S.p.A. under extraordinary administration in the appeal before the Council of State against the Puglia Administrative Tribunal decision upholding the Taranto Mayor decision to stop the ILVA steel plant operations.
- Extrajudicial assistance to Attestor Capital in relation to the acquisition of the iconic Hotel Cristallo located in Cortina d’Ampezzo (Italy).
Chiomenti has one of the strongest public law teams in the market. One of its assets is the full integration with the European and competition law department, which results in a specialised offering for competition law in regulated sectors, in particular in environmental and public contracts matters, where the interconnection between national and European laws is particularly strong. The cross-practice expertise goes further into sports law, which is Alfredo Vitale‘s specialist area. Giulio Napolitano is an expert in market regulation, energy law, corporate governance for public companies, public procurement and sports law. Filippo Brunetti leads the team.
Other key lawyers:
Giulio Napolitano; Alfredo Vitale
‘The strengths of the firm are the professionalism and competence of the lawyers, the promptness of feedback, the extreme availability, the quality of the service.’
‘The professionals of the administrative and public department are highly trained and guarantee excellent assistance in various fields (tenders, financing to public bodies and investee companies…) In particular, Filippo Brunetti is always available, prompt, competent and very professional in providing legal assistance.’
‘Chiomenti is able to provide assistance on all areas of law, making use of extremely competent professionals. The in-depth knowledge of the business and customer needs are a strength.’
‘Alfredo Vitale is extremely well-prepared in administrative law and characterized by the availability and the relationship of trust established with the client.’
‘One feels in good hands and well advised. Even with very complicated and cross-cutting questions, a competent and appropriate answer was always given.’
‘Filippo Brunetti is a champion of administrative law, with great experience and excellent relational qualities for the management of the most complex conflict situations.’
CONI Comitato Olimpico Nazionale
Cassa Depositi e Prestiti S.p.A.
Investire SGR S.p.A.
Zhengzhou Yutong Group Co., Ltd
GSE Gestore Servizi Energetici S.p.A.
SOBI – Swedish Orphan Biovitrum
- Advising Trenitalia S.p.A. and RFI S.p.A in several administrative proceedings before the Regional Administrative Court of Lazio and the Council of State concerning the matter of the special sector of the public contract law and having a strategic impact on the business of the company.
- Advising Yutong, a Chinese manufacturer of commercial vehicles, especially electric buses, in the procedure for the submission of the offer for the awarding of the public tender procedure published by GTT – Gruppo Torinese Trasporti S.p.A. for the supply of 100 electric buses.
- Advising SOBI – Swedish Orphan Biovitrum in the contractual relationship with several Italian Public Hospitals in relation to the development of research and experimental activities for the therapies against COVID 19.
Gianni & Origoni ‘s high-profile public law team, managed by Rome-based Antonio Lirosi, covers the whole spectrum of public law matters in a variety of industry sectors. A stand-out feature is the firm’s environmental law practice, which not only assists Italian and international industrial companies, but also trade associations and local authorities in drafting regulations. In Milan, Maria Grazia Lanero advises on real estate matters relating to construction, road networks and state property together with zoning. Stefano Cunico is recognised for his infrastructure regulation, utilities and project financing expertise and Giuseppe Velluto is also a key member of the group. In 2021, the firm launched a cross-practice environmental, social and governance focus team. Since publication, Antonella Capria left the firm.
Other key lawyers:
‘Full service teams that work together to support on all needed aspects. Very knowledgeable in industry specific public procurement law.’
‘GOP demonstrates professionalism, a high degree of specialization, gained experience in the field of administrative law and energy law; the team is a sure point of reference for any need for further information, for out-of-court support and for administrative disputes.’
‘Giuseppe Velluto has a consolidated experience not only in the areas of competence (administrative law and energy law) but also in all related issues (M&A, corporate, relationships with credit institutions), guaranteeing a systematic and complete response to every request.’
‘The team is able to provide personalized assistance and in which the reference professionals follow the customer with the presence and vocation of a boutique, even within a large studio. The excellence of the services is also accompanied by good tariff flexibility, and by the availability of the reference partner to review the issues according to the customer’s needs.’
‘Prepared, competent and up-to-date as well as excellent on a personal level.’
Associazione Nazionale delle Imprese di Pulizia
ASSOGAS – Associazione Italiana Industriali del Gas
Enerqos Energy Solution
Esso Italiana S.r.l.
European Connecting Europe Broadband Fund (CEBF)
Ferrovie dello Stato S.p.A.
General Logistics Systems Italy S.p.A.
Hitachi Rail Italy Investments S.r.l. and Hitachi Rail Italy S.p.A.
Italgas Storage S.p.A.
Metropolitan Area of Venice (Città Metropolitana di Venezia)
Società Cattolica di Assicurazione
Total E&P Italia S.p.A.
University of Milan
- Assistance to Esselunga S.p.A. in drafting and filing a proposal of amending the Integrated Intervention Program.
- Accounting and administrative support provided to the Province of Bergamo as part of the FABER “Funding Actions in Bergamo for Emission Reductions” project.
- Assistance to a temporary group of undertakings led by Business Integration Partners S.p.A., which was awarded for a lot of the tender launched by ARIA S.p.A.
Legance – Avvocati Associati has a large and well-established public law team across Rome and Milan, comprising significant expertise in various fields. Public contracts and utilities are an area of particular strength, especially for key figure Alessandro Botto, who is also a much-appreciated litigator. In this capacity, he often collaborates with the civil litigation department to deal with disputes relating to the execution of public contracts before Ordinary Courts. Giuseppe Abbruzzese coordinates the real estate sub-group and focuses on real estate transactions. Cristina Martorana has a strong focus on the energy sector. Filippo Pacciani is also noted. Antonella Capria was a new arrival in November 2022.
Giuseppe Abbruzzese; Alessandro Botto; Filippo Pacciani; Cristina Martorana
Other key lawyers:
Alessandra Palatini; Valeria Viti
‘They are responsive and available; they go in-depth in the issues with a broad and complete approach.’
‘A firm of competent professionals, always available and with great preparation in the most diverse subjects and have a methodical approach.’
‘The strengths of the team are availability and empathy, as well as great technical competence. A prepared, reactive, quick team. The opinions provided are clear, complete, well written and exhaustive.’
‘Ability to work as a team. Professionalism. Constantly up-to-date. Monica Cristina Martorana deserves a special mention. Giuseppe Abruzzese and Alessandra Palatini are both prepared, available and very careful to grasp the underlying operational issues and to suggest viable solutions.’
‘Great experience and knowledge of the subject. Never pressing on payments and billing. Cristina Martorana is always available and leads an excellent team.’
‘Great professionalism, combined with constant attention to customer needs. Working with Cristina Martorana is always a pleasure. Timeliness in the intervention and constant presence of senior partners. Continuous presence of Giuseppe Abbruzzese during the management of matter.’
‘Always punctual and reliable. They are able to explain all the steps in simple terms, and to share decisions. And this in a context where our company is also made up of non-Italian members. Cristina Martorana has acquired such expertise in the sector also from a commercial point of view that manages to combine business needs with regulatory prerogatives.’
‘Filippo Pacciani is competent, present and searches for the best solution for the customer that contemplates all business needs.’
Aeroporti di Roma
Aeroporti di Puglia
CAV – Concessioni Autostradali Venete
Lotterie Nazionali – Lottomatica
Gruppo San Donato
Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato
Hitachi Rail STS
BNP Paribas REIM SGR
Fabrica Immobiliare SGR
Invesco Real Estate
Vestas Asset Management
Cassa Depositi e Prestiti
Cubico Sustainable Investments
RAI – Radio Televisione Italiana
UniCamillus – Saint Camillus International University of Health Sciences
NTT DATA Italia
- Assistance to Iren Ambiente S.p.A. in the appeal before the Regional Administrative Court of Lombardy– Milan, initiated by Iren Ambiente against the tender procedure called by the Municipality of Milan for the concession of the public service for the integrated management of urban and assimilated waste in Milan.
- Assistance to Trenitalia S.p.A. in the legal proceedings promoted by an economic operator before the Regional Administrative Court of Lazio – Rome for the annulment of the award and all the acts of the open tender procedure for the award of the Framework Agreements with single economic operator for the assignment of cleaning services of rolling stock and industrial plants (Liguria Lot) called by Trenitalia for a value of approximately €30 million.
- Assistance to NTT DATA Italia S.p.A. in the trial before the Regional Administrative Court of Rome against the award of the tender for the supply of the services related to the production and maintenance of software in Microsoft and PHP environment.
Satta Romano & Associati
Satta Romano & Associati houses Filippo Satta and Anna Romano, who are among the best known Italian public lawyers, with stellar expertise in connection to public investments, concessions and energy law, among other areas. In 2021, Romano particularly stood out for having acted in representation of the Italian Ministry of Economic Development in an international arbitration proceeding as energy law expert. Satta focuses on technologies and digital development in the public administration, as well as energy and environment. Associate Mario Natale is an expert of tender procedures and public contracts.
Filippo Satta; Anna Romano
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is available at any time it is contacted, both in urgent situations and in case of ongoing assistance. In case of out-of-court consultancy, there is the maximum willingness to adapt the final product (be it an opinion, an email or a phone call) to the customer’s needs. The work is always punctual, precise and of excellent quality.’
‘Anna Romano is always present, involved in every aspect of the project and informed and attentive to every detail. The team immediately grasps the concrete and specific needs deriving from the customer’s business.’
‘The firm offers a top-level service from a technical point of view, corroborated by importing judicial and non-judicial results. It is also worth noting the massive timeliness and willingness to provide assistance even in emergencies and with minimum warnings, respecting stringent deadlines.’
‘Maximum availability for discussion and dialogue. Specifically, Anna Romano boasts great experience and mastery of administrative law that makes her absolutely a point of reference in the administrative law sector.’
‘The firm is well organized, provides excellent assistance both in judicial and extrajudicial matters; the teams have specialized but in any case transversal skills and have been able to support us in requests that have affected different areas; particularly appreciated are the promptness and punctuality in replies to requests that are very often formulated urgently. The ability to listen to the client is another hallmark of the firm; the notes and opinions prepared by the firm are a valid support to corporate decision-making processes.’
‘Very polite, professional, prepared and available team, a very loyal and professional approach not based on profit but on the “useful” result for the client.’
‘Excellent professionalism of the team and excellent competence, especially in the field of public procurement. Anna Romano and Mario Natale have excellent promptness in their responses.’
‘Filippo Satta is one of the best known and most refined scholars of administrative law, with enormous communication skills and with very strong reputational strength. Anna Romano has excellent technical ability to analyse matters, including on niche issues.’
- Successfully assisted Prada S.p.A. in the dispute that arose due to the occupation, through dehors, of the area adjacent to the entrance of the prestigious and historic boutique of the Maison located in Via Dei Condotti, overlooking Piazza di Spagna.
- Acting as legal expert on behalf of the Italian Ministry of Economic Development and Ministry for the Environment, Land and Sea in an international arbitration proceeding, which convened the Italian Republic contesting the adoption of certain measures in breach of the obligations assumed by signing the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT).
- Assistance to Consip S.p.A. – National Central Purchasing controlled by the Ministry of Economy and Finance in a dispute before the Council of State relating to the HP Enterprise Service Italia S.r.l.’s appeal against awarding procedure of the management services of the ICT infrastructure of the Ministry of Economy and Finance.
Judicial and extrajudicial public law and public criminal law are the key focuses at boutique firm Studio Legale Villata, Degli Esposti e Associati. National and international clients rely on the team and its practice heads Riccardo Villata and Andreina Degli Esposti for assistance especially in relation to the Lombardy region, but the firm is also present in Rome and Padua, and in 2021 it also expanded its Bologna office. In September 2021, Angela Sarli and counsel Francesco Maglia joined from Mario Viviani Law Firm and the legal department of Huawei Technologies, respectively.
Riccardo Villata; Andreina Degli Esposti
Other key lawyers:
Gaspare De Lisi
‘Professionalism and dedication to customers. Preparation of the individual lawyers and commitment to resolving matters and disputes.’
‘Vilde is always available, and the lawyers have a huge passion and ownership for their jobs. They help to get the very best results every time. It is a great help to have such a partner.’
‘Extreme competence in the subject, strong communication skills and also thorough use of an appropriate language for the various company interlocutors, including those who do not have legal and / or administrative law skills. Punctuality and orientation to the objectives and needs of the final customer.’
‘Riccardo Villata and Andreina Degli Esposti always prove to be up to expectations and have always shown commendable availability and attention to the customer.’
‘The team is made up of professionals with excellent preparation and of the highest ethical standing. They are intellectually honesty; these qualities, together with the passion, dedication and availability makes it a top firm.’
‘Riccardo Villata is an institution: he leads the meetings with superb skill and elegance, illustrating complex issues with extreme clarity and simplicity, leaving room for the contribution of the youngest and most trained professionals, creating a climate of undisputed trust.’
‘Andreina Degli Esposti is a talented professional, extremely rigorous and of great seriousness and acumen, with great effectiveness and incisiveness in communicating with the client with whom she cultivates, in a natural and brilliant way, a direct and personal contact.’
‘The firm understands the business problems and consequently the support is more incisive. The high professionalism and timeliness of the studio team place them among the first consultants for the company.’
‘Riccardo Villata, Andreina Degli Esposti have always assisted and represented their clients with effective and significant competence and professionalism, expressing their opinion with frankness and cordiality.’
Berlinger special AG
Rail cargo group
Consorzio stabile coseam Italia s.p.a
Enershare hub s.r.l.
Centro italiano di ricerche aerospaziali
Prima Holding s.r.l
Immobiliare Villa Elena s.r.l.
Tecnocupole Pancadldi s.p.a.
Energy power s.r.l.
Asstra associazione trasporti
Certosa servizi srl
Anafibj National Breeders Association
Municipality of Volterra
Municipality of Follonica
Municipality of San Giuliano Terme
Municipality of Gallarate
Municipalty of Castellanza
Suez wts italy srl
Servizi logistici srl
Kos group srl
Open fiber spa
Italian underwriting srl
Mundipharma pharmaceutical srl
Biomed Consulting srl
Fari Immobiliare srl
Csg palladio srl
- Advised Tamoil in the termination and transformation of the Refinery located in Cremona (Lombardy) into a depot and in the implementation and development of oil pipelines extending over 200 kilometres, crossing various Italian regions.
- Assisted Lloyd’s Insurance Company following Brexit.
- Advised Lifeanalytics in the incorporation into the Lifebrain Group and drafted the rules regulating the relationships between the (currently) 35 laboratories and companies of the Group through a specific network contract.
DLA Piper‘s public law team mainly operates within the litigation, regulatory and real estate departments. Drawing upon the firm’s international network, the group is able to assist domestic as well as international players in relation to their activities in Italy, especially in connection to permitting procedures and construction requirements, environmental law and energy, which are all key specialisms of co-practice head Germana Cassar. Giorgia Romitelli heads the highly recognised public procurement team while town planning expert Carmen Chierchia and legal director Alessia Marconi are also noted team members.
Germana Cassar; Giorgia Romitelli
Other key lawyers:
Carmen Chierchia; Alessia Marconi
‘Expertise, reliability, professionalism and availability.’
‘They have technical competence in the field of tenders and appeals, Giorgia Romitelli in particular.’
‘The team is very competent and able to respond quickly and effectively to various requests. From a human point of view, they are very involved in their clients’ missions, so they feel part of the family.’
‘Carmen Chierchia combines security and competence with a great capacity for empathy. Everyone recognizes her professionalism.’
‘Strong motivation and competence in the specific sector.’
Alerion Clean Power S.p.A.
FERA, Fabbrica Energie Rinnovabili Alternative S.p.A.
SWEN Impact Fund for Transition and Schmack Biogas
Saxa Gres S.p.A.
Natixis, Intesa Sanpaolo and BPCE Lease Suc-cursale Italia
Tages Helios Investment Fund
Abbott Medical Italia
BRS S.p.A. in liquidazione
Primonial Real Estate
- Assisted Iris Impianti Energia Rinnovabile Siracusa s.r.l. before the Plenary Assembly of the Council of State which recognised in favour of the company the restoration of the damage caused by the Region for having issued, with considerable delay, the authorisations for the construction and the operation of photovoltaic plants, making their construction economically unsustainable, due to a change in law which prevented their incentivisation.
- Assisted Abbott in relation to two administrative disputes before the Emilia Romagna Regional Administrative Court (Bologna) and subsequently before the Council of State, relating to the public tender launched by INTERCENTER for the awarding of the supply of implantable defibrillators and pacemakers for Emilia-Romagna and Lazio regions.
- Assistance to DWS with respect to the acquisition of the biggest logistic facility in Italy, which will serve as global logistic hub of Kering Group.
Hogan Lovells International LLP‘s public law team is described as ‘very strong’ particularly in connection to environmental administrative matters, an area in which regulatory lawyer and practice head Francesca Angeloni excels. Senior associate Emanuela Cocco assists in matters of public procurement law, renewables and conventional energy as well as expropriation procedures and oil and gas matters. Furthermore, a notable strength of the group is its integration with the firm’s global regulatory practice, which is further enhanced by the tight collaboration with many of the firm’s other practices, including M&A, commercial, energy, real estate and competition law, among others.
Other key lawyers:
Emanuela Cocco; Gaia Gelera
‘Very strong team supporting on environmental and administrative matters.’
‘Francesca Aneloni – really excellent.’
‘Extreme competence on not only legal, but also technical-legal aspects. Excellent coordination skills of multidisciplinary work groups.’
‘Emanuela Cocco is always available and always ready to support me with extraordinary professional quality. She has a great understanding of the business, which makes interactions particularly effective. The technical skills are evident and on many occasions she has managed to find brilliant solutions to complex problems. Emanuela also pays great attention to meeting deadlines. Massimiliano Masnada has extraordinary legal skills that allow him to immediately frame the issues and understand all the possible angles of a specific matter.’
‘The team guarantees extreme professionalism, commitment and customer care.’
‘Leah Dunlop and Francesca Angeloni are competent, reliable professionals and extremely attentive to customer needs.’
‘Strengths; quality of individual professionals, attention and high propensity to understand the client’s business, attention to legal costs.’
Azerbaijan Gas Supply Company
Invesco Real Estate
Kuwait Petroleum Italia S.p.A.
Shah Deniz Consortium, led by bp and SOCAR
- Providing environmental law advice to Invesco Real Estate (SeiMilano) in the context of a large real estate transaction.
- Providing energy and regulatory assistance to the Shah Deniz Consortium on the completion of the Shah Deniz 2 Southern Gas Corridor and the start of gas deliveries to European markets.
AMMLEX - Studio Legale Amministrativisti Associati
Boutique firm AMMLEX – Studio Legale Amministrativisti Associati is very well known for its public law high-profile activity, in particular the Lombardy region and Milan. Guido Bardelli has an established reputation in urban planning, and co-founded the firm together with procurement, construction and litigation expert Alessandra Bazzani. Antonio Papi Rossi specialises in the fields of regulatory, energy and independent authorities. Ada Lucia De Cesaris takes up environmental and urban planning matters while Marta Spaini completes the team and strengthens the department’s urban planning and construction capabilities.
Guido Bardelli; Maria Alessandra Bazzani; Ada Lucia De Cesaris; Antonio Papi Rossi; Marta Spaini
‘The Firm is strongly customer oriented and, above all, Papi Rossi always shows a great ability to manage his team.’
‘The preparation and expertise of Papi Rossi are absolutely superior. He assists the client at 360 degrees, even on issues that go beyond administrative law. Antonio is a reliable partner, present and always available. Working with him on complex aspects of public law allows the company he supports to acquire not only the missing know-how but also an additional element, becoming an integral part of the in-house legal team that requires his collaboration. It represents the added value that any general counsel would like to have in their team.’
‘Ability to involve in human as well as professional relationships and great competence.’
‘SLAA is equipped with serious, competent professionals who are always up-to-date and well-oriented to service for and in the interest of the customer. Ada Lucia De Cesaris stands out from the senior professionals of comparable law firms for excellent skills, very broad experience in the field of public and administrative law, insight and profound interpretative skills, speed of service delivery, intellectual honesty and absolute availability towards the customer.’
‘The absolute competence in the fields of public and administrative law, the particular ability of analysis and classification of complex cases, the richness and variety of the solutions proposed, the reliability of the legal opinions expressed, the absolute pursuit of the primary interests of the customer of the firm particularly stand out.’
‘The firm is characterized by a lean organization, with professionals able to correctly assess the situation who are always available. The ability to advise the client on positions and results that can be achieved is characteristic of the firm.’
Luxottica Group S.p.A.
Alliance Medical S.r.l.
REDO SGR S.p.A.
Medigas Italia S.r.l.
Costa Crociere S.p.A.
Sant’Ilario, Cooperativa Edilizia
COIMA SGR SpA
Immobiliare Cinematografica S.r.l.
- Assisting the construction company Sant’Ilario in the regeneration process of the disused railway areas of the Lambrate station in Milan.
- Advising the liquid oxygen producer Medigas with reference to the supply to hospitals in the Lombardy Region for over 13 million euro. The tender, centralized by the regional purchasing office, developed with litigation proceedings before TAR Lombardia (Regional Administrative Court).
- Advising real estate company Hines in connection to the submission of a final proposal, with reference to the ‘Reinventing Cities’ international tender.
While Dentons covers a wide range of public law matters, it is mostly known for its environmental, town planning and urban development. Within these areas, practice head Federico Vanetti stands out and especially focuses on reclamation works and waste management. His role as co-head of the European environmental protection regulatory practice contributes towards a cross-border offering. Public procurement and PPP expert Ilaria Gobbato is particularly active in the life sciences and healthcare sectors.
Other key lawyers:
‘Federico Vanetti: excellent professional, serious and reliable, great orientation towards results and a problem solver.’
‘Great professionalism of the lawyers as well as the high degree of preparation and constant updating. Strong experience in the field of administrative law and in-depth knowledge of environmental issues, accompanied by skills in procurement and negotiation.’
‘Competence, professionalism, preparation and interdisciplinary skills characterize the approach of Federico Vanetti, whose contribution is particularly appreciated in both the technical-urban and environmental fields.’
‘The team led by Ilaria Gobbato is made up of professionals of the highest level, starting with Gobbato herself. The quality of the opinions is alwyas up to expectations.’
‘Ilaria Gobbato provides exceptional support. Her knowledge of the subject is simply amazing. Gobbato is one of the most capable and competent administrative lawyers in Italy.’
‘High specialized competence, experience, willingness to compare, flexibility.’
‘Multidisciplinary with great competence in every sector. Ability to immediately frame the team of professionals necessary to address the proposed topics. Availability and customer orientation.’
‘Federico Vanetti is certainly one of the most competent lawyers in the sector and stands out for his availability.’
The Student Hotel
Europa Gestioni Immobiliari S.p.A.
- Assisting CDS Holding in the purchase of the remaining part of the former Genoa fairground area, whose redevelopment project was designed by Renzo Piano.
- Assisting Parsec in a dispute before Lazio’s Regional Administrative Court, promoted against the Municipality of Rome’s opposition to the opening of the new shopping centre in Laurentino.
- Assisting The Student Hotel in the acquisition of a public real estate site located in the Ponte Mosca area, near Turin, regarding the construction of a new student accommodation.
Grimaldi Studio Legale is singled out for its public law expertise in connection with infrastructure, transport, public procurement, environment, urban planning, public services, energy law and project finance. Managing partner Francesco Sciaudone is internationally recognised for his experience in handling competition and corruption cases at the European level, which dovetails with the public law department, headed up by Sergio Massimiliano Sambri , by enabling it to represent clients before the Court of Justice of the European Union, alongside other Italian courts and authorities.
Francesco Sciaudone; Sergio Massimiliano Sambri
Other key lawyers:
Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato Italiano
- Assisting Partners Group, a leading global private markets firm, in the transaction related to the acquisition of a 75% equity stake in EOLO the largest fixed wireless access broadband provider in Italy.
- Assistaning F2i in relation to the acquisition of 79.793% of the corporate capital of Geasar S.p.A., the managing company of the Olbia airport.
- Assisting Cassa Depositi e Prestiti in the context of the constitution of a partnership in the pay-tv sector: the ITsART company.
The administrative and European public law team of ADVANT Nctm mainly acts for private operators, assisting them in their dealings with administrative authorities at the local, national and European level, as well as for public entities in connection to public contract awarding proceedings, concessions and for the granting of public financings. Giuliano Berruti and Marco Monaco head up the practice, which includes Francesca Bonino - all of whom are environmental law experts.
Marco Monaco; Giuliano Berruti
Other key lawyers:
‘Unique management of the client, who always has the same contact person for the management of the practices that fall within the same subject. Furthermore, great competence in the specific field that allows the client, if desired, to find in the firm the answer to all his specific legal needs. Unconditional availability.’
‘Giuliano Berruti combines great humanity with professionalism.’
‘Reliability, clarity, flexibility, high professionalism, competence, passion. NCTM Advant is able to fully understand its clients and to share the weight of the most important decisions with the legal department of the company.’
‘The competence and the ability to immediately enter the business context is what makes the support not only valid from a legal point of view but also absolutely suitable.’
‘Marco Monaco: absolute availability, professionalism and ability to grasp the context in which to provide support, always maintaining a complete view of the issue even in the case of the involvement of other collaborators.’
Administrative body of the province of Bolzano
Italo – Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori S.p.A.
Thales Italia S.p.A.
Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.
Università degli Studi di Milano
Autovie Venete S.p.A.
- Assisting Italo – Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori S.p.A. in relation to a number of cases concerning the concession for carrying on the high-speed train service on the high-speed railway infrastructure.
- Assisting the province of Bozen in relation to the evaluation of enhancing 27 public properties, identifying tools to be adopted, including public-private partnership procedures, on behalf of the European Energy Efficiency Fund SA., established by the European Commission in collaboration, inter alia, with the European Investment Bank.
- Assisting Thales Italia S.p.A. in relation to public contracts and public tender procedures, both providing advice and assisting in judicial procedures before the Administrative Courts.
Bertacco Recla & Partners
Bertacco Recla & Partners provides comprehensive public law advice with a particular focus on town planning, an area in which the firm is notably assisting clients in a selection of the most important urban transformation projects that the city of Milan is undergoing. Paolo Bertacco heads the urban planning and construction departments, while Jacopo Recla is responsible for public procurement and litigation. Francesco Rovetta was promoted to partner in February 2021.
Jacopo Recla; Paolo Bertacco
Other key lawyers:
Gabriella Rondoni; Valeria Boscolo Fiore
‘Ability to be cross-functional on issues related to real estate projects. The legal team is able to provide support on urban planning, administrative issues, public and private procurement contracts. This greatly facilitates the work, allows everyone to be always aligned, and avoids wasting time in the various stages of project development. This also generates great planning of activities by the legal team and therefore orderly and timely execution.’
‘Bertacco Recla quickly succeeds in giving answers and legal strategies consistent with the complexity of the subject of the contract. Jacopo Recla establishes a constant dialogue with the client. Speed in execution and precision.’
‘Paolo Bertacco and Antonio Carlino are very helpful professionals who always make themselves available to the customer to try to identify the best solutions. Compared to the competition they have an edge.’
‘The Bertacco Recla & Partners team is a very competent team that brings value both from the point of view of knowledge of the real estate administrative law. Surely the availability and reactivity in providing feedback to impromptu requests distinguish the team.’
‘Taylor-made approach with its customers that goes beyond the normal professional relationship. Accuracy in the work, speed and solidity in the answers to be provided.’
‘All team members demonstrate a lot of empathy and competence. It is possible to establish a very friendly relationship that goes beyond the classic formality encountered with other law firms. Paolo Bertacco and Jacopo Recla are always very direct and present in the work, demonstrating extreme competence and reliability.’
‘Francesco Rovetta – solid background and ability to interface with the administrations.’
‘‘Paolo Bertacco: commercial vision of the business and high professionalism. Antonio Carlino (associate): precision and availability.’
Lendlease MSG North S.r.l
Invesco Real Estate Management s.à.r.l.
Dea Capital Real Estate SGR S.p.A
Roche Diagnostics S.p.a.
Nestlè Italiana S.p.a.
Chorus Life S.p.A.
Veolia Water Technologies Italia S.p.a.
Suez Trattamento Acque S.p.a
Gli Orsi Shopping Centre 1 s.r.l.
EUROPA RISORSE SGR S.P.A.
- Assisting Lendlease in the development of the Milano Santa Giulia area, the most important urban transformation project in Milan, which will host, among other things, an Arena for the 2026 Winter Olympics.
- Assisting Invesco Real Estate Management s.à.r.l. in urban planning, building and public law matters relating to the redevelopment project of the historic and iconic building in Milan’s city centre named “Garage Traversi”.
- Successfully assisted Veolia Water Technologies Italia S.p.a. and Suez Trattamento Acque S.p.a. in two legal proceedings before the Liguria Regional Administrative Court concerning the public tender for the design and construction of the new treatment plant in Genoa.
BIP - Belvedere Inzaghi & Partners
BIP – Belvedere Inzaghi & Partners has a consolidated and recognised expertise in real estate law, which it combines with extensive knowledge of town planning matters. Guido Alberto Inzaghi and his public law team specialise in urban planning and public-private partnerships, a combination which, together with the firm’s international breadth, enables the team to attract foreigner investor clients. Antonio Belvedere co-leads the team.
Antonio Belvedere; Guido Alberto Inzaghi
Other key lawyers:
Simone Pisani; Tommaso Fiorentino
‘Highly qualified administrative law skills, with a great ability to relate with other professionals who deal with urban regulation (architects, planners, mobility, soil and reclamation specialists, etc.); and with the public administrations – characteristics that are very rare in the panorama of firms dealing with urban planning law.’
‘Availability, kindness, ability to work in a team (Simone Pisani, Tommaso Fiorentino).’
‘Belvedere Inzaghi offers a 360-degree service on every aspect of real estate law (from construction and urban planning to aspects relating to negotiations in the sale phase). Efficiency and synergy between professionals represent two of the many strengths of the firm.’
‘The perfect union between law and technicality, in addition to attention to detail, are among the main characteristics that make the lawyer Guido Inzaghi one of the leading experts in urban planning and construction.’
‘The team led by Guido Inzaghi is a true point of reference for the Italian market in the complexities of building and urban planning law.’
‘Guido Inzaghi, in addition to being a lawyer of rare quality, guides the client through the difficulties of a sector of law of rare complexity.’
Apollo Global Management
Cdp Cassa Depositi E Prestiti
Coima sgr S.p.A.
Eurocommercial properties italia S.r.l.
Savills Investment Management sgr S.p.A.
- Assistance to Arexpo in contractual and town planning matters for the redevelopment of the expo 2015 site.
- Assisted Bologna Football Club 1909 in the filing of the restoration and renovation project of the Renato Dall’Ara stadium.
- Assisting Coima sgr since 2017, when the municipality of Milan, ferrovie dello stato italiane signed a crucial agreement for the redevelopment of settimo milanese disused railway yards.
Bird & Bird offers comprehensive public law advice, encompassing both in- and out-of-court capability. Matters of public procurement and regulation feature prominently in the firm’s workload, with a special attention to cases in the energy and utility, infrastructure, telecoms and pharmaceuticals sectors. Simone Cadeddu, who is described as ‘extremely competent and helpful’ assists a global pool of clients in collaboration with stand-out associate Jacopo Nardelli.
Other key lawyers:
‘Simone Cadeddu is extremely competent and helpful. He manages to communicate complex legal concepts with simplicity and to successfully deal with different company profiles.’
Smiths Detection Italia S.r.l.
Telecom Italia S.p.A.
TK Elevators Italia S.p.A.
Cubico Sustainable Investments Limited
NEC Italia S.p.A.
- Assisted Sandoz S.p.A. in defending the award of two contracts for the supply of Dasatinib.
- Successfully assisted Smiths Detection Italia S.r.l. in defending the award of a framework agreement for the supply and maintenance of (up to) 28 EDS machines for cabin baggage checks to be installed in airports of Milan-Linate and Milan Malpensa.
- Successfully assisted TK Elevator Italia S.p.a. in defending the award of a contract for both the ordinary and extraordinary maintenance services to be performed on the elevators/escalators installed in the Milan Metro Stations (line 1, line 2 and line 5).
De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani
De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani is best known for its public tenders knowledge and expertise in litigating related disputes. This offering, thanks to strong collaboration with other of the firm’s departments, is often successfully combined with corporate and commercial advice, which is especially appreciated by clients in the medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. Practice Head Antonella Terranova is an expert these sectors and is also a highly appreciated real estate and sports lawyer. EU lawyer Fabio Ferraro has in-depth knowledge of the betting and gaming industry.
Other key lawyers:
The Italian aluminum packaging consortium
Fallimento Bari Porto Mediterraneo
Rolex SA and Rolex Italia Spa
- Represented LSCT La Spezia Container Terminal SpA and various port and logistic operators before the Administrative Courts regarding the application of the annual contribution payable to the Transport Regulation Authority.
- Represented Fallimento Columbus in a litigation before the Administrative Court of Latium against the Latium Region to challenge the destination of the private Columbus Hospital as specialized structure for patients affected by COVID-19.
- Currently advising and representing the UK multinational Stanley Betting Group in Italy in relation to its participation in a public tender for the award of on-line gaming concessions and in a number of contentious cases against the Government and the Customs and Monopolies Agency in the Administrative Courts and before the Council of State.
Pavia e Ansaldo
Marco Giustiniani is Pavia e Ansaldo‘s key lawyer for public law matters. His team focuses on public procurement and public tenders, especially in the construction and infrastructure sectors. Former co-head Nico Moravia is now with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. Matteo Benozzo and Francesco Bruno also left the team to join B – Società tra Avvocati. However, three associates joined the team in mid-2021.
‘Experience and overall vision characterize the main strengths of Pavia e Ansaldo. The competence and preparation of the study of many years is significant of a well-established “professional heritage” which allows him to implement a multi-perspective and interdisciplinary approach to individual cases and problems posed.’
‘Pavia e Ansaldo provides advice taking into account all the characteristic aspects of the client’s business. The multidisciplinary team of the studio, in addition to being characterized by great professionalism, always shows a lot of friendliness and attention to the customer also from a human point of view.’
‘The firm is characterized by a great professionalism of the lawyers, seriousness and attention to the client.’
‘Marco Giustiniani has great listening skills and is able to provide adequate solutions with respect to the business objective.’
‘The team ensures maximum professionalism and availability. It is made up of highly trained professionals from a technical-legal point of view, each issue is examined in depth from every aspect, including the economic and regulatory one, in order to always provide the customer with the best solution also from a commercial point of view.’
‘Marco Giustiniani stands out in the panorama for his great professionalism and experience. His technical-legal preparation is combined with an excellent pragmatism aimed at providing the client with business-oriented legal assistance.’
Rai – Radiotelevisione Italiana SpA
Accord Healthcare Italia / Assogenerici
Cap Holding s.p.a.
DIKE Giuridica Editrice s.r.l.
Omnia Hotels Group
TAXIBLU – Consorzio RadioTaxi Satellitare Società Cooperativa / APP TAXI soc. coop.
Aeroporti Roma S.p.A
SONEPAR Italia s.r.l.
Colt Technology Services SpA
Wolters Kluwer Italia S.r.l.
4L Collection Hotels
Futura Autotrasporto Service soc. coop.
Sprintcar & Service soc. coop.
Autoradiotassì soc. coop.
Consorzio progetto Italia
Com Metodi spa
Nuova Mondial sas
Open Fiber S.p.A.
Desa S.r.l. (Gruppo supermercati DEM)
Alvi Medica srl
Federazione Italiana Pubblici Esercizi
Cotabe soc. coop.
Mauro Benedetti SpA
Elpendù soc. coop.
Comune di Grottaferrata
Virtus Buonconvento s.d. (Gruppo Virtus Piscine)
Autorità di sistema portuale del mare Adriatico centro-settentrionale
Comune di Bracciano
Pronto Taxi 6645 soc. coop.
- Acted for the former mayor of the Municipality of Manfredonia in proceedings arising from mafia infiltration of municipal authorities in the Apulia region of southern Italy.
- Asvising RailMaint on public contracts with Ente Autonomo del Volturno for the upgrading of trains on the suburban Naples network.
- Representing the managers of the Rome airport in proceedings arising from new directives relating to access to Italy’s main airport.
Pedersoli Studio Legale
Pedersoli Studio Legale has a recognised public law department with considerable expertise in public procurement, town planning and regulation matters. Furthermore, the team is experienced in working, in coordination with the relevant department, on public law aspects of M&A and finance transactions. Practice head Sergio Fienga is particularly sought after for his experience in regulated sectors such as energy, pharmaceutics and electronic communications, with a particular focus on environmental law matters. Marco Trevisan is highlighted.
Other key lawyers:
Marco Trevisan; Alessandro Zuccaro; Giovanni Battista De Luca
‘This law firm is very meticulous in the analysis of the problems presented and promotes a continuous dialogue with the client, investigating in advance all the aspects, especially technical where not known, necessary to formulate a winning strategy. In addition, accurate forecasts are provided on the possible scenarios that could arise due to the strategies implemented.’
‘The difference of the professionals of this Firm is in the maximum speed and willingness shown in providing support, in addition to the strong internal organization that highlights efficient and well-established internal analysis processes over time’
‘Flexibility, oriented towards the customer’s needs. High professionalism, competence and knowledge of the market’
‘Giovanni Battista De Luca (senior associate): always available, attentive to our needs, enterprising and proactive in the proposed solutions. He has a very useful network available to customers.’
‘Competence and professionalism are Pedersoli’s strengths. Furthermore, in a period in which, due to covid, it was necessary to give up the physical relationship with the client, the lawyers were hyper-available in communicating and reviewing only electronically, equally providing all the necessary support.’
‘The professionals of the administrative department have considerable competence both from a theoretical and practical point of view, therefore they are able to give opinions both on complex issues and quick spot opinions on practical issues.’
Gestore dei Servizi Energetici – GSE
Tages Capital SGR
Lagardere Food and Travel Retail
- Assisting GSE in more than 250 disputes pending before the Administrative Courts concerning admission to public incentives for energy plants including extra-judicial assistance in tender procedures committed by the GSE in relation to the supply of services.
- Assisting Intesa Sanpaolo in the administrative law matters in connection with in the sale of a majority stake owned in Autostrade Lombarde, a company that controls Società di Progetto Brebemi which manages the Brebemi highway, to Aleatica, a global leading operator in the transport and infrastructure sector entirely controlled by IFM Global Infrastructure Fund.
- Assisting EG Italia, the Italian branch of the UK retailer that manages over 6,000 gas stations in Europe, USA and Australia, in a lawsuit, together with Autostrade per l’Italia, against Tamoil Italia on the concession of motorway areas.
SZA Studio Legale
SZA Studio Legale‘s public law team is especially recognised for its advisory and contentious activity, carried out primarily for public administrations and utility companies in connection to public tenders, PPPs and joint ventures. The department recently stood out for advising the Lombardy Region on the revision of the regional regulations on COVID-related civil protection, where practice co-head Luca Guffanti took the lead, and for handling disputes in the energy and water infrastructure sectors, which belong to co-head Danilo Tassan Mazzocco‘s specialisms. Alfonso Polillo‘s focus is on broad administrative law, especially on the judicial and extrajudicial fields of PPP’s, local public services and related regulatory regimes.
Danilo Tassan Mazzocco; Luca Guffanti
Other key lawyers:
‘Characterized by a strong multidisciplinary vocation with strong professionalism on the part of the team. A particular gift is the deep-rooted knowledge of their clients’ corporate realities, which allows optimizing time and the managing of corporate initiatives.’
‘Maximum availability and excellent professionalism characterise Danilo Tassan Mazzocco and Luca Guffanti.’
‘The team is made up of excellent professionals, competent and always available, with great specialist knowledge and the ability to respond quickly to customer needs.’
‘Luca Guffanti: a point of reference in the field of regulation of the transport sector. Danilo Tassan Mazzocco: great expertise in the field of public procurement; serious, knowledgeable and very approachable professional.’
‘Danilo Tassan Mazzocco meticulously takes care of strategies and needs, trying to anticipate problems, always with an eye to innovation’.
‘Flexibility, maximum availability, ability to understand and work in the complexity of many public actors involved, propensity for innovation and problem-solving.’
‘Very modern, fast approach to work. Ability to diagnose the problem quickly.’
‘Undoubtedly trained and experienced professionals.’
Engie Italia s.p.a.
Beta 80 s.p.a.
Gi group s.p.a.
AFC Torino s.p.a.
Amga Legnano s.p.a.
New Lisi s.p.a.
Milano Serravalle – Milano Tangenziali s.p.a.
Consorzio autonoleggiatori Alto Adige – ksm-c.a.a.
Agenzia Regionale Intercent-er
Acque Toscane s.p.a.
Nuove Acque s.p.a.
Suez Italia s.p.a.
Agesp energia s.r.l.
Suez trattamento acque s.p.a.
Gelsia ambiente s.r.l.
Cap holding s.p.a.
Sei Toscana s.p.a.
Comune di Lonigo
Lario Reti Holding s.p.a.
Banca Farmafactoring s.p.a.
Fondazione monza e brianza per il bambino e la sua mamma (mbbm)
Comune di Firenze
Città di Torino
Città metropolitana di Torino
Fondazione regionale Lombardia ambiente
Provincia di Cremona
GSE – Gestore Servizi Energetici
- Acting as counsel to the City of Turin on the procedure for awarding the service for the distribution of natural gas: a contract impacting a population of over 1,000,000 people worth almost EUR 1 bln.
- Acting as counsel for the Foundation of Monza and Brianza for Children and their Mothers on the creation of a public law foundation bringing together 5 children’s hospitals to create the Institute of Hospitalization and Care of Scientific Nature (Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico).
- Providing counsel to a client in Italy on a multi-year contract for the management and maintenance of urban wastewater treatment plants, sewage lifting, and pre-treatment processes – worth Euro 300+ million.
Zunarelli – Studio Legale Associato derives its public law expertise from its specialisation in infrastructure and transport law, where it covers the whole spectrum of matters, including project financing, tenders, public procurement, grants and authorisations. The group is led by Stefano Zunarelli and advises both public and private clients, among which building, railway and insurance companies as well as port and airport operators.
Stefano Zunarelli; Andrea Giardini
‘High quality, timeliness and competitiveness in terms of fees.’
‘Zunarelli is one of the points of reference for all operators in the maritime sector, transport law, state property law.’
‘The qualities of the team reside in the immediate availability and prompt knowledge of the subjects dealt with.’
‘The firm has an immediate reactivity to the questions posed and deals with matters relating to the sector of my interest with specific competence and with the required speed.’
‘Availability, maximum attention and immediate answers to the questions raised.’
‘The possibility of having an immediate human contact to express one’s needs and the speed with which a first feedback is provided make this studio an organization on which one can rely.’
‘The ability of the members of this study to immediately grasp the problems underlying any transaction makes it a point of reference for the resolution of legal issues.’
Italian Ministry of Infrastructures and Sustainable Mobility
Assoporti – Italian Port Authorities Association
Gioia Tauro Port Authority
Ravenna Port Authority
Venice Port Authority
Rome Port Authority
Confetra Confederazione Generale Italiana dei Trasporti e della Logistica
Confitarma (Italian Ship Owners Association)
F2i Fondi Italiani per le infrastrutture SGR SpA
Friuli Venezia Giulia Region
Gesap – Airport of Palermo
Interporto Bologna S.p.A.
S.A.B. S.p.A. – Airport of Bologna
Costa Crociere S.p.a.
Emilia Romagna Region
Morandi Logistic Group
Provincia di Padova
Marina Uno S.p.A.
- Advised F2i – Fondi Italiani per le Infrastrutture Sgr on the revision of the terms of the port concessions of the controlled companies MarterNeri s.p.a. and of Compagnia Portuale di Monfalcone s.r.l.
- Assisted Italian port authorities in bringing a case before the First Instance Court of the European Union against a decision of the European Commission qualifying the taxation of Italian port authorities as state aid.
- Assisting the Regional Government of Friuli Venezia Giulia in a proceeding brought before the Court of First Instance of Trieste by two companies providing local transport services.
Studio Professionale Associato a Baker & McKenzie
After Pierfrancesco Federici‘s retirement in December 2020, of counsel Francesco Goisis stepped up to head of Studio Professionale Associato a Baker & McKenzie‘s public law team. Especially active in public procurement and competition law, Goisis assists clients both before administrative courts and the Council of State. Roberto Cursano excels in tender procedures, the negotiation of public contracts and litigation. Miriam Allena stands out.
Other key lawyers:
Roberto Cursano; Miriam Allena; Mario Cigno
‘The team is very good in handling healthcare tender appeals. Efficient, accessible, knowledgable, good run-rate of wins. Lovely to work with.’
‘Mario Cigno is the ‘go-to’ lawyer for a quick, confident, businesslike answer or equally to prepare a court appeal strategy and file of documents.’
‘Good industry knowledge. Quickly and thoroughly understand the technicalities of the product/industry necessary to advise about public procurement matters.’
‘Mario Cigno: client oriented, great knowledge of both administrative law as well as specific industries. Customized and innovative advice.’
‘The team’s lawyers are very competent and prepared, always available at short notice and very flexible in terms of fees.’
‘Francesco Goisis and Miriam Allena are both expertly prepared on the merits and able to grasp the commercial aspects of the problems that are submitted to them, providing very quick tailor-made consultancy. They also always prove to be flexible and competitive terms of fees.’
UTU Rewards S.r.l.
- Successfully assisted Bio-Rad Laboratories in 4 judicial proceedings before Regional Administrative Courts and the Council of State in relation to important public tenders for the supply of medical devices.
- Successfully assisted Utu Rewards S.r.l. in an important regulatory matter in relation to the failure of the Custom Agency to lawfully and promptly exercise its administrative powers to allow the free competition in the market of services of VAT refund.
- Successfully assisted Applied Medical in complex judicial proceedings before the Regional Administrative Court of Lombardia and the Council of State.
Carnelutti Studio Legale Associato
Carnelutti Studio Legale Associato has consolidated regulatory experience, primarily in the pharmaceutical sector. Here, the team stands out for covering drug authorisation and distribution procedures. Other areas of activity include advising national and international firms in environment, energy, telecoms and transportation matters. Francesco Paolo Francica leads the team and is additionally active in town planning.
Francesco Paolo Francica
Other key lawyers:
Delta Bloc International GmbH
Domo Film Solutions S.p.A.
FINCOS Group (Bain Capital Credit)
Gm Power S.r.l.
Igi Poseidon S.A.
MMC Italia S.r.l. (Mitsubishi Materials)
Serom Medical Technology S.r.l.
Sipcam Oxon S.p.A.
Stryker Italia S.r.l.
Tosoh Bioscience S.r.l.
Valchiesa Ambiente S.r.l.
- Assisting Igi Poseidon SA in a matter concerning the construction of a gas pipeline in Otranto.
- Representing DELTABLOC International GmBH in a dispute concerning a tender issued by ANAS S.p.A. for the production, supply and installation of the new Anas’s barrier.
Enrico Follieri & Associati Studio Legale is an independent firm with a growing public law practice, focussed on Southern Italy. Enrico Follieri and his team are often involved in cases before the administrative courts in both first instance and appeal procedures, as well as at Supreme Court level. Frequent advisory work includes negotiations of agreements for both public and private entities.
Other key lawyers:
Fonderie Pisano & C. S.p.A.
Costeldati Segnalamento S.r.l.
Interporto Regionale della Puglia S.p.A.
Trade Service S.r.l.
Item Oxygen S.r.l.
Daunia Energia S.r.l.
- Advising Blunova on all of the administrative procedures for the authorization of the development of 26 PV parks and wind farms across central and southern Italy.
- Advising Interporto Regionale della Puglia S.p.A. on a project for the enlargement of the intermodal hub of Bari and the construction of a new railway station, part of which to be reserved for intermodal logistics. The operation involves three different kinds of public funds, with a total value of approximatively EUR 250 mln.
- Advising Sudcommerci in the administrative procedures before the Apulia Region for the enlargement of the sales area and the extension of the authorization of a shopping centre.
Macchi di Cellere Gangemi‘s administrative law team focuses on public contracts and regulatory proceeding in the energy sector. Commercial and regulatory matters expert Marco Sella heads the team and is known for his focus on the electric energy and oil and gas sectors. Francesco Piron and Giannalberto Mazzei are now with Studio Legale Associato a Watson Farley & Williams.
Other key lawyers:
‘Excellent mastery of procurement laws. They know how to deal with technical issues with the right attention and translate them into something usable for the layman.’
‘Staff is prepared and assists also in relation to problems of international law. Francesco Angelini’s professional preparation specifically in the field of public procurement codes in addition to general legal advice is greatly appreciated.’
Francesca Isgrò heads up Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe‘s public law department. The team handles a mix of public law contracting, tenders and advisory matters as well as high-profile regulatory disputes. Energy regulatory matters and so-called Italian golden power matters are also key specialisms. Riccardo Troiano and Alessandra Quattrini left the firm.
‘Very professional and prepared lawyers, attention to timing and customer care.’
‘A dedicated and competent team.’
Acciona Agua s. A.
Agt International s.p.a.
Byd Europe b.v.
Construcciones y auxiliar de ferrocarriles s.a. (caf)
Dompè farmaceutici s.p.a.
Engie servizi s.p.a.
Go Imperia s.r.l.
Hitachi Rail s.p.a.
Sonnedix Italia s.r.l.
- Successfully assisted Hitachi Rail S.p.a. with its successful participation in the public tender procedure issued by Gruppo Torinese Trasporti S.p.A., concerning the award of the supply of single-directional low-floor tramway engines to be used for passenger services on Turin’s tram network.
- Represented Glennmont Partners in obtaining an unprecedented ruling before the Administrative Tribunal for Lazio to force the Presidency of the Council of Ministers to comment on whether an energy project could proceed or if it should be halted due to concerns over landscape impact.
- Obtained an important victory for Hitachi Rail S.p.a. by defeating the lawsuit brought by its French competitor Alstom Ferroviaria Spa before the Lazio Regional Administrative Court (TAR) requesting the annulment of the award to Hitachi of the tender called by Trenitalia Spa for the supply of 135 diesel-electric trains for the regional rail service.