Sector-specific expertise, close cross-departmental relationships and comprehensive judicial and extrajudicial advice make BonelliErede stand out on the market, most prominently in environmental regulation, public services and utilities, financial markets, banking and insurance regulation. A task force entirely dedicated to golden power legislation is a distinctive characteristic of the firm. Public law expert Luca Perfetti leads the administrative and public law team in assisting public and private clients in non-contentious issues, as well as representing them before regional administrative courts and high courts. Raffaele Cassano is another key contact with particular expertise in judicial defence, regulatory and independent authorities, as well as urban development projects.
Administrative and public law in Italy
Other key lawyers:
SACBO – Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport
- Assistance to TIM in the appeal of the awarding decision of the tender procedure for the so-called “Italia a 1 Giga” project, one of the most relevant tender procedures launched in the context of the implementation of the Italian Recovery and Resilience Plan.
- Assistance to Società di Progetto Concessioni del Tirreno in the procedure whereby it succeeded Società Autostrada dei Fiori S.p.A. in the concession of the A10 Savona-Ventimiglia A12.
- Assistance to CDP Immobiliare in the administrative law and urban planning profiles related to the sale of a buildable area located in the municipality of Segrate (Milan area) to Vastint Italy.
Chiomenti‘s public law department assists private and public clients, both nationally and internationally, in all administrative and regulatory matters, with particular strength and consolidated expertise in public procurements, PPP, infrastructure and energy projects, environmental law, and planning matters. The practice provides a specialised offering thanks to fully integrated groups dedicated to EU and competition matters and financial transactions. Milan-based Filippo Brunetti jointly heads the practice with Giulio Napolitano who is based in Rome and brings depth and expertise in market regulation matters and energy law. The team provides extrajudicial assistance, as well as representation before administrative courts, the Italian Court of Audit and the European Court of Justice.
Filippo Brunetti; Giulio Napolitano
Other key lawyers:
Marco Cerritelli; Gian Michele Roberti; Alfredo Vitale; Elisabetta Mentasti; Elio Leonetti
‘In the field of administrative law, Chiomenti merges the highest specialized professional expertise with a multidisciplinary approach that is essential for the solution of complex issues. A further strength is the exceptional understanding of the needs of structured clients, availability, timeliness as well as the ability to resolve any issue also by developing innovative solutions.’
‘Our main contact in Chiomenti is Filippo Brunetti, partner who is in charge of the public law department. He is a superstar lawyer who is able to make the difference both in court and out-of-court, thanks to his acute cleverness, solid technical skills, great availability, prompt assistance and authoritativeness. Particularly impressive is the rapid understanding of complex issues and the ability to find efficient and innovative solutions. We also work with Elio Leonett, who is a very good lawyer with a huge knowledge of public procurement matters in the field of medical devices.’
‘Chiomenti law firm excels with its cross-disciplinary expertise, communicative competence, high reliability and assertiveness. The cooperation is also convincing due to the high level of professionalism and commitment, which applies to all areas of the law firm. In addition, the firm is extremely well organised and has the ability to react to unpredictable dynamics. Queries are answered immediately, even outside normal office hours.’
‘Filippo Brunetti is excellent. As good as it gets. Excellent lawyer. Very experienced in Administrative and public law. Phenomenal pace of work. Very good at dealing with clients and lawyers and a tough opponent when on the other side. Filippo Brunetti was and is involved in all important strategic and tactical decisions. He is one of the most experienced and seasoned lawyers.’
‘Exceptional professionality and knowledge of law matched with a high-level skill set to discuss and dialogue (as the specific case may requires) with public administrations and authorities’
‘Filippo Brunetti is an exceptional lawyer and his outstanding skill is the ability to explain difficult and complex matters in a way that makes it easier to understand them for authorities (courts or public administrations as the case may be) and I believe that this skill makes the difference between winning or losing a case or a transaction’
ITA Italia Trasporto Aereo S.p.A.
CONI Comitato Olimpico Nazionale
Cassa Depositi e Prestiti S.p.A.
Investire SGR S.p.A.
GSE Gestore Servizi Energetici S.p.A.
U-Earth Biotech Ltd
Invimit SGR S.p.A.
Logista Italia S.p.A.
Fondazione Umbria Jazz
Green IT S.p.A.
École Polytechnique Fédérale de LausannePoltrone e Sofà S.p.A.
SIRM – Società Italiana di Radiologia Medica
Axiom Space Inc.
- Advising Infratel S.p.A. in the draft of the public tender procedure for the awarding of public grants for an amount equal to EUR3.77bn to finance investment projects for the construction of new telecommunications infrastructure and related access equipment.
- Advising Autostrada Pedemontana Lombarda (APL) in the administrative litigation before the Regional Administrative Court and the Council of State brought by Consorzio SIS for the annulment of the award adopted by APL in favour of Webuild Spa of the contract for the executive design, safety coordination, preparatory activities and performance of the work related to the highway infrastructure in the sum of EUR1.26bn.
- Advising CDP S.p.A., TIM S.p.A., Leonardo S.p.A. and Sogei S.p.A. in the proceeding for the submission of the proposal, according to project finance procedure, and then in the following public tender procedure for the awarding of the concession for the construction and the operation of the National Strategic Hub (NSP) in the sum of EUR723.3mio.
Gianni & Origoni
Gianni & Origoni‘s public law department boasts a strong team with broad experience in handling a wide range of matters in all fields of administrative law including public procurements, planning and zoning, concessions, environmental regulation, energy, telecoms and IT services. Jointly headed by Antonio Lirosi and Giuseppe Velluto, the team assists its clients including leading Italian and international companies in extrajudicial and judicial matters before national administrative courts, as well as European courts with regular involvement in precedent-setting matters. Guido Reggiani was promoted to partner in July 2022.
Other key lawyers:
Maria Grazia Lanero; Stefano Cunico; Marco Martinelli; Gianfranco Toscano; Fabio Baglivo; Teodora Marocco
‘A well-established team marrying exceptional market knowledge and commercial acumen.’
‘Mindset of a problem solver and gravitas’
‘The team in environmental topics is the best available on the Italian market, having an excellent knowledge of the technical laws and also having strong knowledge and being strongly available to manage non-legal topic within the environmental scenario.’
‘Excellent professional capabilities and availability’
‘The lawyer Giuseppe Velluto, in particular, positively stands out for his ability to combine his deep knowledge of administrative law with the ability to provide responses concerning corporate transactions with the related M&A implications.’
‘Outstanding knowledge of Environmental Law and Public Law – Outstanding coordination of the Team – Excellent timing together with high quality of the services and balanced costs.’
‘Good knowledge of the sector in which the company operates – pragmatic approach – proactive behavior – attempt to try to understand the actual business needs in order to identify the best solution.’
‘Fabio Baglivo is an excellent partner.’
European Connecting Europe Broadband Fund (CEBF)
Associazione Nazionale delle Imprese di Pulizia
ASSOGAS – Associazione Italiana Industriali del Gas
Enerqos Energy Solution
Ferrovie dello Stato S.p.A.
General Logistics Systems Italy S.p.A.
Hitachi Rail Italy Investments S.r.l. and Hitachi Rail Italy S.p.A.
Metropolitan Area of Venice (Città Metropolitana di Venezia)
Società Cattolica di Assicurazione
Total E&P Italia S.p.A.
University of Milan
Italgas Storage S.p.A.
Esso Italiana S.r.l.
- Assisting Fondazione Cariplo in the “Territori Virtuosi” project launched in 2017, which promotes the energy requalification of public buildings and private buildings owned by non-profit organisations with the aim of cutting CO2 emissions through the reduction of fossil energy consumption, activating local investments and reducing public spending. It currently involves 20 public entities and 7 non-profit organisations for a total of 459 buildings improving their energy efficiency.
- Assistance in the procedure concerning the approval of a variation of the general zoning plan of the Municipality of Grugliasco to allow the refurbishment and enlargement of the Shopville Le Gru shopping mall.
- Assisting LivaNova Plc in relation to several litigation proceedings against the Ministry for Ecological Transition (“the Ministry”) with reference to the Torviscosa and Brescia sites.
Legance - Avvocati Associati
With a strong and dedicated team, split between Milan and Rome, Legance - Avvocati Associati offers comprehensive advice in a large myriad of industries including the public utilities, town planning, infrastructure, pharma, energy and telecom sectors. While Alessandro Botto and Filippo Pacciani are heading the team in Rome with particular strength in litigation, Cristina Martorana and Giuseppe Abbruzzese are responsible for the Milan office which is focused on representing clients at the intersection of energy and public law. Services to public and private clients includes inter alia advice on tenders or bidding for public procurements and for PPPs, environmental and energy law, and construction and management of energy plants.
Giuseppe Abbruzzese; Alessandro Botto; Filippo Pacciani; Cristina Martorana
Other key lawyers:
Alessandra Palatini; Valeria Viti
‘Excellent technical competence, excellent knowledge of the market, excellent litigation skills, reputation, and availability.’
‘The individuals I work with are a guarantee of competence, professionalism and sensitivity to the needs of the company and the problems to manage.’
‘The group demonstrates availability, professional ability and precision in providing feedback to the customer.’
‘The Manager, Alessandro Botto, is actively present in the management of the assignment through the coordination of the team and direct contributions in the handling of the case.’
‘Legance has a very pragmatic approach without undermining competences and skills.’
‘Those I worked with fully understand the business needs and are always available and helpful in managing communication and negotiations.’
‘Pragmatic approach, excellent knowledge of the subject matter (administrative law and procedural administrative law) very creative in finding appropriate solutions, fast execution; great collaboration in handling different court proceedings regarding public tenders on specific IT matters.’
‘Alessandro Botto has great expertise on the subject matter, on the best way to manage or not to manage certain requests during hearings, excellent concise and clear writing which simplifies very complex IT tender matters for the judges. This is of course of help in getting the judge to understand our reasons. He also has great communications skills and he’s very good at creating working relationships.’
Aeroporti di Roma
Autostrade per l’Italia
CAV – Concessioni Autostradali Venete
Lotterie Nazionali – Lottomatica
Gruppo San Donato
SEA – Società Esercizi Aeroportuali
Cassa Depositi e Prestiti
BNP Paribas REIM SGR
Fabrica Immobiliare SGR
Invesco Real Estate
Vestas Asset Management
Cubico Sustainable Investments
RAI – Radio Televisione Italiana
UniCamillus – Saint Camillus International University of Health Sciences
NTT DATA Italia
Studio Legale VILDE
Studio Legale VILDE, formerly Studio Legale VILDE, is a highly specialised boutique combined with the strength of an international firm. Indeed, the firm distinguishes itself with extensive understanding of international firm’s needs on the Italian market and is known to adopt a ‘business partner’ approach. The team, which is headed by founding partners Riccardo Villata and Andreina Degli Esposti, is well-equipped to handle a large myriad of administrative public and administrative criminal legal matters on an advisory and litigious basis. The team serves a diversified range of national and international clients, from multinational corporations and investment funds to small and medium-sized businesses and public administrations.
Riccardo Villata; Andreina Degli Esposti
Other key lawyers:
‘The professionals of Studio Vilde are reliable and competent, they interpret cases with lateral thinking, proposing innovative legal solutions even in a very rigid formal context, managing to confer an important added value thanks to their personal empathy.’
‘The VILDE studio has distinguished itself in our relationship as it has been able to listen to the customer, understand the key points of the problems and have been able to deal with them in a lean but effective way. The ability to understand the needs of international groups that have to deal with the Italian legal system is one of their great strengths.’
‘Professor Riccardo Villata is an incomparable professional for his infinite technical skills, for his ability to make simple complex situations and for his ability to identify with the thought of the judging body to provide a representation of the facts as clear as possible. Lateral thinking and empathy are the great added value that he has been able to transmit to his team starting from the Andreina Degli Esposti, in which Professor Villata recognized exceptional skills like his.’
‘The experience of prof. Villata and the lawyer Degli Esposti is a guarantee of the best possible defence, both from the point of view of doctrine and from that of the analysis of the existing jurisprudence.’
‘Studio VILDE is an outstanding Law Firm with a “business partner’s approach” and very strong track of successes before the Courts.’
‘I want to mention in particular Andreina Degli Esposti who is well known, on national level, as a primary expert both in the Administrative and Civil Law sectors. Differently from other competitors, she has a direct contact with the client and the rare capacity to clearly explain all the possible strategies, even the judicial ones that can be more obscure to managers and professionals, strangers to the courts. Avv. Degli Esposti also personally supervises the developing of client’s files and is reachable for any consultation might be needed.’
‘I have had the opportunity to work with Angela Sarli and Andreina Degli Esposti, who have always been able to assist with commitment, constancy and rigour. Always available, they have fully demonstrated their competence, passion and high professionalism in resolving the legal issues, even complex ones, that have been submitted to them.’
Österreichische Bundesbahnen – ÖBB
Suez WTS Italy SRL (Suez Group)
AmTrust Assicurazioni SpA (AmTrust Group)
Edison SpA (EDF Group)
Tamoil Italia SpA (Oil Invest Group)
Lloyd’s Insurance Company SA (lic Bruxelles)
Alibaba Cloud (Alibaba Group)
EFS SpA (formerly Zephyro SpA)
Compass Group Italia SpA (Compass Group Plc)
KOS Group SRL
BNP Paribas – Leasing Solutions SpA (BNP Group)
Mithras Underwriting Italia SRL (Mythras Group)
TIER Mobility SE
Zust Ambrosetti (AF Group)
Supernap Italia SRL
Global Infrastructure Partners
Macquarie Asset Management
Antin Infrastructure Partners
Exeter Property Group
Enershare Hub SRL
Vento Mobility SRL
Prima Holding SRL
Energy Power SRL
ASSTRA – Associazione Trasporti
ANAFIBJ National Breeders Association
Municipality of Volterra (Tuscany Region)
Municipality of Follonica (Tuscany Region)
Province of Monza (Lombardy Region)
Municipality of Vizzolo Predabissi (Lombardy Region)
Municipality of San Donato Milanese (Lombardy Region)
Biomed (Althea Italia SpA)
Fondazione Terre des Hommes Italia
Fondazione Pomeriggi Musicali
Servizi Logistici SRL
Banca Farmafactoring SpA
Ciclat Trasporti ambiente Soc. Coop.
Open Fiber SpA
Finedi Asset Management SRL
Imprese Falcon SRL
Universita Commerciale Luigi Bocconi
TCVVV SpA (Cogeninfra Group)
Mundipharma Pharmaceutical SRL
Carlo Gavazzi Automation SpA
Biomed Consulting SRL
Life Analytics SRL (Lifebrain Group)
GREEN FARM SRL
Order for the Notaries of Milan
Association of Geologistics in Treviso
- Assisted Amtrust Assicurazione S.p.A. in the extrajudicial and judicial proceedings, before the Regional Administrative Court and the Council of State concerning the multimillion public tender for the insurance coverage of all health and hospital bodies in the Calabria Region.
- Assisted Alibaba Cloud in connection with a potential transaction to set up and operate a point of presence in Italy for the supply of Content Delivery Network services at a regional level, with particular regard to licensing requirements and compliance with the national regulatory provisions.
- Assisted and advised Edison S.p.A. in its intervention in a proceeding before the Court of Justice brought by a company operating in the energy market concerning the regulation of the capacity market for electricity in Italy and, specifically, the remuneration system.
DLA Piper’s public law department is best known for advising national and international clients in regulatory and real estate matters, along with related litigation. Joint practice heads and public law experts Germana Cassar and Giorgia Romitelli are often involved in first-time applications of relevant regulatory frameworks. Carmen Chierchia provides assistance to real estate and industrial companies in town planning and environmental matters. Other key industries include the energy, health and pharma sectors requiring public procurement, public private partnerships and PNRR financing assistance by the team.
Germana Cassar; Giorgia Romitelli
Other key lawyers:
Carmen Chierchia; Alessia Marconi
‘Collaborative, prompt and very smart.’
‘Very involved and focused on business discussions and medical device market.’
‘The DLA Piper energy and administrative and environmental litigation team is led by Germana Cassar. It is certainly one of the main players in this market. The team is made up of very competent, helpful and dedicated professionals. The professionals who are part of the Germana team have been working together for many years. Compared to the other studios, the working environment is serene and one perceives that they work in perfect synchrony. They are always informed and prepared to provide timely answers.’
‘Germana Cassar is the partner of the team. Even in the most critical situations she always maintains a fighting approach and is never taken for granted. The assistance provided by Germana Cassar is always excellent and aims at the success of the client’s business. When you work with other firms, you don’t get the same punctual assistance.’
Alerion Clean Power S.p.A.
FERA, Fabbrica Energie Rinnovabili Alternative S.p.A.
Hydro Catania S.r.l.
Servizi Idrici Etnei S.p.A.
EDP Renewable Italia Holding S.r.l.
Juwi Energie Rinnovabili S.r.l.
Saxa Gres S.p.A.
Ortus Power Resource Italy S.r.l.
Lidl Italia S.r.l.
MSE Solar Energy Italia S.r.l.
AVAPA Energy S.r.l.
Solaria Energia Y Medio Ambiente S.A.
- Assisted Servizi Idrici Etnei S.p.A. (SIE), before the Council of Administrative Justice for the Region of Sicily in the proceedings concerning the assignment to SIE of the management of the integrated water service for the Catania area, for a term of 30 years.
- Assisted Elekta S.p.A. in relation to the administrative dispute before the Piemonte Regional Administrative Court (Torino) pertaining to the public tender launched by Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Maggiore della Carità of Novara for the rental of a hybrid accelerator with magnetic resonance.
- Assisted Lime Technology S.r.l. in relation to the administrative dispute before the Veneto Regional Administrative Court (Venezia) pertaining to the public tender launched by the Comune di Verona for the e-scooter rental service in the city of Verona.
Hogan Lovells International LLP
Hogan Lovells International LLP‘s public law team is part of the firm’s global regulatory practice and benefits from cross-departmental corporation in multi-jurisdictional matters. Practice head Francesca Angeloni has a track record in regulated and strategic markets including energy, infrastructure and industrial projects. The team, including counsel Emanuela Cocco, provides multi-faceted advice in predominantly environmental regulatory matters pertaining to inter alia the performance of remediation procedures of contaminated industrial sites, contractual allocation of environmental liability, risk assessments and compliance.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team has a thorough understanding of the technical aspects not just the legal aspects of complex cases. The team knows how to identify and surround itself with Subject Matter Experts to complement its own in-house technical expertise if needed.’
‘Francesca Angeloni has shown a great level of accountability on a recent case and was able to have all the different subject matter experts collaborate effectively.’
‘We have been cooperating with this firm for a few years and we are very satisfied. The team has great knowledge of the topics and is always available even on a short notice. They have a very flexible organization and they proved to be able to provide additional resources to manage peak of activities.’
‘I have many occasions to work with the senior associate Emanuela Cocco and I am very happy about our collaboration. She has built a great knowledge of the company, and this makes every interaction very smooth and effective. She has great knowledge of Italian administrative and public law and is able to offer very pragmatic and well-founded suggestions/inputs.’
‘High level of competence. High level of expertise, capacity to quickly solve even difficult problems. High capacity to immediately understand the Client’s needs and to work even in urgency to assist the client with a deep level of competence.’
‘I am working very closely with Emanuela Cocco. She is great, we are always aligned, and she is able to quickly the highest level of professional legal assistance even in emergency situation and in few hours.’
Azerbaijan Gas Supply Company
Invesco Real Estate
Kuwait Petroleum Italia S.p.A.
Shah Deniz Consortium, led by bp and SOCAR
Azerbaijan Gas Supply Company
- Assisting Enel in the acquisition by Enel Produzione S.p.A. of the entire share capital of ERG Hydro S.r.l., which owns a portfolio of hydro plants.
- Advising the Shah Deniz consortium on the completion of the US$40 billion Shah Deniz 2 Southern Gas Corridor and on the commencement in December 2020 of the first commercial gas pipeline deliveries to Europe from Azerbaijan via the newly completed Southern Gas Corridor pipeline system.
Satta Romano & Associati
Satta Romano & Associati‘s public law department specialises in a wide array of fields within public law, including procurement and judicial defence in tenders for public contracts within several industries including telecoms, public works, and renewable energies. The team headed by Filippo Satta and Anna Romano also acts in arbitration matters, complex public-private partnership contracts and appears before both national and European courts of law. Romano leads the practice’s own research group dedicated to analysing legal matters and training experienced professionals. The firm also has an active pro-bono practice.
Anna Romano; Filippo Satta
Other key lawyers:
Francesco Parisi; Mario Natale
‘Ability to understand and address customer needs by identifying the most suitable actions to obtain the required results. Use of the most modern information technologies in carrying out activities.’
‘I am in contact for work with the lawyers Anna Romano, Filippo Satta and Mario Natale who are part of the team. The best qualities that I appreciate in them are the great competence, the ability to listen and understand, without any prejudice, the customers or those with whom they work and interact, and the great experience of Anna Romano and Filippo Satta.’
- Assistance to ANCE – Associazione Nazionale Costruttori Edili, in a claim before the Regional Administrative Court of Lazio, for the annulment of the decree of the Ministry of Sustainable Infrastructure and Mobility of 11 November 2021, which aimed to detect the increase in the most significant construction materials in the first half of 2021.
- Assistance to DTT Scarl in a dispute promoted by an economic operator against the awarding of one of the tenders announced by the company for the construction of an experimental reactor, based inside the ENEA research center in Frascati (Lazio Region).
- Assisting Be Smart S.r.l. on the formal investigation of the EU Commission pertaining to state aid in relation to funds annually disbursed to the Consorzio Interuniversitario CINECA by Ministry of Education, University and Research.
AMMLEX - Studio Legale Amministrativisti Associati
AMMLEX - Studio Legale Amministrativisti Associati offers comprehensive public law advice, encompassing both in- and out-of-court capabilities. Matters of urban planning, construction, procurement, trade, environment and regulation feature prominently in the firm’s workload. Notably, the team’s expertise includes environmental protection including reclamation procedures and any related litigation, energy and private contracts, with specific reference to procurement and sale contracts. The department is jointly headed by Guido Bardelli, Maria Alessandra Bazzani, Ada Lucia De Cesaris, Antonio Papi Rossi and Marta Spaini.
Guido Bardelli; Maria Alessandra Bazzani; Ada Lucia De Cesaris; Antonio Papi Rossi; Marta Spaini
Other key lawyers:
‘Partner Ada Lucia De Cesaris and the associate Riccardo Villa show extremely deep knowledge of the urban planning and authorisation process for real estate development projects, which give them the ability to give complete answers quickly and to support the client in the decision-making process.’
‘Extremely high competence and insightful understanding of the legal context finalized to client needs – reliability and sharpness in analyzing the opportunities and alternatives strategies – attitude to an open discussion very inclusive in respect of younger people belonging to the firm – recognized authority in support the client rights in public debates’
‘Commitment – respect for individuals – clear understanding of the timeline and time constraints – listening attitude – deep and extremely extensive experience – business relationship based on personal results and up-to-date legal competence’
Saronno – Città dei Beni Comuni S.r.l.
Dea Capital S.p.A.
Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi
Alliance Medical S.r.l.
REDO SGR S.p.A.
Società Agricola Corallo a. r.l.
Luxottica Group S.p.A.
Medigas Italia S.r.l.
Costa Crociere S.p.A.
Sant’Ilario, Cooperativa Edilizia
COIMA SGR SpA as the asset management company of the closed-end real estate alternative mutual fund reserved to professional investors “PN Centrale”
- Assisting Saronno – Città dei beni Comuni S.r.l. in the context of the urban and building redevelopment process of an abandoned industrial area in the Municipality of Saronno (VA).
- Assisting Eataly S.p.A. pertaining to the sales and lease back operation of a prestigious building in Milan.
- Assisting Hines RE Italy S.p.A. on building and planning issues with due diligence activities and administrative proceedings with reference to the redevelopment of an asset located in Milan.
Dentons‘s public policy and regulation practice offers in and out-of-court assistance encompassing the environmental, town planning and urban development sectors, as well as public procurement matters, including PPP and concessions. Practice head Federico Vanetti is well-reputed for his expertise in town planning and urban development, building permits and environmental issues, in particular reclamation works and waste management. Ilaria Gobbato is recognised for her activity on public procurement matters and her expertise in the life sciences and healthcare sectors.
Other key lawyers:
‘Smart people with good know-how; always available’
‘Dentons’ leading position provides it with a privileged point of view, high-level contacts and a wealth of valuable experience.’
‘I refer to Federico Vanetti, with whom we work extensively. He has excellent competence in environmental issues, knows the public administrations and their way of thinking, is also able to deal with technical and engineering aspects. I appreciate the pragmatic and result-oriented approach.’
Villa Del Mas
B-Flexion and Affidea Group
The Student Hotel
San Pellegrino (Nestlé Group)
- Advising Lendlease, acting as advisor for Arexpo S.p.A., in relation to the management of the redevelopment plan of former Milan Expo 2015 area, located in Milan and Rho. The site will form the so-called Milan Innovation District (MIND), which will also include a technology park open to the public.
- Advising CDS Holding in connection with the legal and urban development aspects related to the signing of an agreement involving the establishment of a JV co-participated by Orion and CDS for the redevelopment and development project of the Levante Waterfront area of Genoa – on a design by Renzo Piano.
- Advising Hines on the town planning aspects of the strategic financial joint venture set up by Hines and a leading international private equity fund for the purpose of the investments for a total of EUR600m in the Italian logistics market.
Full-service firm ADVANT Nctm covers a broad range of Italian administrative and European public legal matters benefiting from close cross-departmental relationships. The team, headed by Marco Monaco , provides legal advice and judicial assistance to private operators and public entities in the proceedings for the awarding of public contracts, public procurement and financings. Key industries include infrastructure, utilities, energy, health services and transport.
Other key lawyers:
Giuliano Berruti; Carmine Morrone
Provincia di Bolzano
Italo – Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori S.p.A.
Thales Italia S.p.A.
Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.
Università degli Studi di Milano
Autovie Venete S.p.A.
- Assisting the Chief processor officer (RUP) of the Delegate Commissioner for the emergency of the A4 Motorway (President of the Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia) in relation to the realisation of Corridor No. 5, an integral part of the priority projects defined at the Essen European Council (1994), with the objective of adequately connecting Lisbon to Kiev.
- Assisting the contracting authority Azienda sanitaria universitaria giuliano isontina (ASUGI) in the public private partnership contract (EPC Contract – PPP) concerning the maintenance and management of hospital infrastructures, connected with structural interventions aimed at energy saving and containment.
- Assisting Snam in relation to a proceeding concerning the public private partnership for the realization and operation of a waste-to-energy plant.
Bertacco Recla & Partners
Whilst offering the whole spectrum of public and administrative law services, Bertacco Recla & Partners provides specialist advice for contentious and non-contentious real estate, town planning, environmental and public procurement matters. Joint practice heads Paolo Bertacco, who possesses expertise in town planning, and public tender specialist Jacopo Recla, often appear in high-profile mandates representing public and private clients.
Jacopo Recla; Paolo Bertacco
Other key lawyers:
Gabriella Rondoni; Francesco Rovetta
‘Studio Bertacco has a specific focus on administrative matters related to real estate and public procurement. They have recognized reputation and specific experience with reference to town planning activities and they play an essential role in the real estate operations. In public procurement can be recommended in respect to other firms because they support the client in all the single steps of public tender with unique experience and approach to the different activities and functions involved by the procedure.’
‘Paolo Bertacco has a strong-in-depth knowledge of the real estate market and, in particular, in the town planning and building aspects. He is really focused and always gives clear solutions respecting the deadlines.’
‘Easy going people, very visible and accessible. Top services.’
Lendlease MSG North S.r.l.
Nhood Services Italy S.r.l.
Dea Capital Real Estate SGR Spa
Westfield Milan S.p.A.
Logicor Italia S.r.l.
Primark Italy s.r.l.
B. Braun Milano S.p.A.
Nestlé Italiana S.p.A. – appalti di forniture sanitarie
Invimit SGR S.p.A.
- Assisting Lendlease MSG North S.r.l. in all administrative law issues related to the urban planning, building, environmental, energy, and authorisation procedures necessary for the EUR2.5bn development of the Milano Santa Giulia area, the most important urban transformation project in Milan.
- Assisting Nhood Services Italy S.p.A. in relation to the urban planning and construction issues of the project called “Dropcity,” as well as in the negotiation with the Municipality of Milan of the urban planning agreement and regulations for the use of the service subject to the agreement.
- Assisted Westfield Milan S.p.A. before the Regional Administrative Court (Milan, Lombardia) in its appeal against the award to another operator of the public contract for the construction of the upgrading of Provincial Road No. 103.
BIP - Belvedere Inzaghi & Partners
Most notably known for its expertise in the real estate sector, BIP - Belvedere Inzaghi & Partners advises clients at the intersection of urban planning and public private partnerships. Over the past year, the team jointly headed by Guido Alberto Inzaghi and Antonio Belvedere, has recently bolstered its ranks at senior associate, associate and trainee level.
Antonio Belvedere; Guido Alberto Inzaghi
Other key lawyers:
Riccardo Marletta; Matteo Peverati; Simone Pisani; Jacopo Brambilla Sica; Andrea Ceriani
‘Streghts: collaboration, delivery on time, proactive approach in finding solutions.’
‘Always keen to find solutions. Important support to the technical team, in order to take decision on the development of the project.’
‘Customized approach, tailor made solutions – always close to the client – solution provider – extremely flexible – highly competent.’
Apollo Global Management
CDP Cassa Depositi e Prestiti
COIMA SGR S.p.A.
Eurocommercial Properties Italia S.R.L.
Savills Investment Management SGR S.p.A.
- Advising COIMA SGR, COVIVIO and PRADA HOLDING in the planning procedure for the redevelopment of the Porta Romana area and disused railyard area as well as in the building procedure for the authorisation of the Olympic village for the Milan Cortina 2026 Olympic Games.
- Advising Bologna Football Club 1909 in the filing of the restoration and renovation project, in form of a public private partnership, of the Renato Dall’Ara Stadium.
- Advised HINES S.p.A. in the administrative legal due diligence for the acquisition of the “UNIONE 0” lot, part of the urban regeneration project “Milanosesto”.
Bird & Bird
Bird & Bird’s public law department, headed by Simone Caddedu, provides comprehensive regulatory and administrative advice, as well as litigation across multiple sectors, including energy and utilities, communications, infrastructure, defence, security, and aviation. The team, including senior associate Jacopo Nardelli, is experienced in public procurement advisory matters and related litigation.
Other key lawyers:
Viatris (Mylan S.p.A.)
Smiths Detection Italia S.r.l.
Telecom Italia S.p.A.
TK Elevators Italia S.p.A.
Cubico Sustainable Investments Limited
NEC Italia S.p.A.
- Assisting Terna S.p.A. in the preparation of the tender procedure to be launched by Terna S.p.A. itself and Société Tunisienne de l’Electricité et du Gaz for the selection of the private contractor which will develop the project named “Italy-Tunisia electrical interconnection” and in the management of the tender procedure for the selection of the private contractor which will develop the “Sa.Co.I.3” project.
- Assisting Autogrill Italia S.p.A. in the participation to a tender launched for the award of a ten-year concession relating the management of food & beverage points in Falcone – Borsellino Airport.
- Assisting Doctolib S.r.l. in the participation in a tendering procedure launched by Consip S.p.A. for the assignment of application and support services in the digital health sector.
De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani
De Berti Jacchia Franchini Forlani caters to a large client portfolio from the life sciences, pharmaceutical, energy, environmental and food and beverage industries. The practice is headed by Antonella Terranova, best known for handling public tenders, public procurement and public concessions, as well as assisting and representing clients in contentious and pre-contentious matters before Public Administrations, regional courts and the Constitutional Court.
CIAL – Consorzio Imballaggi Alluminio
FALLIMENTO BARI PORTO MEDITERRANEO
ROLEX SA and ROLEX ITALIA SpA
CONTSHIP ITALIA SpA
- Advising and representing BEURER both in connection with its participation to tenders for the supply of medical devices to public hospitals and local health units, and in related litigations.
- Advising and representing CARL ZEISS both in connection with participation to tenders for the supply of medical devices to public hospitals and local health units, and in related litigations before the Administrative Courts.
- Advising and representing RAI PUBBLICITÀ in litigations before the Authorities and the Italian Council of State concerning issues of transparency and competition.
Under the leadership of Giorgio Lezzi, Osborne Clarke has built a strong public law department since 2019, which caters to national and international clients. The firm handles a wide range of public law matters, from assistance with public tenders and procedures to supporting public entities in regulatory compliance issues, through to procurement-related litigation. The team stands out for handling cutting-edge circular economy matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘The reference partner for our company is the lawyer Giorgio Lezzi, a figure with in-depth knowledge of the subject in administrative law, with particular regard to the procurement, energy and company law code. Professional competence, availability, punctuality and correctness, are the strengths of the lawyer Lezzi and his team.’
‘Giorgio Lezzi: extremely knowledgeable, helpful, confident. The defences are complete and effective both in the proceedings and in the discussions before the judicial authority and in meetings.’ ‘
The team’s main strengths are surely the wide sphere of specialization and the possibility to give support in all areas of interest for the client. Support always given by the main referent of the area, in a smart and interchangeable way which makes it easy for the client to have the support needed. Another strength is the efficient and rapid way of response, without any unneeded formality.’
‘We particularly appreciate: competence, willingness to manage emergencies, timely updates.’
‘Mr. Lezzi and Mrs. Fiscehtti are competent professionals, available with whom it is possible to interface in an informal and direct way. The result is a fluid and efficient professional relationship.’
‘This practice manages legal aspects which are usually quite difficult to understand and to evaluate in M&A, both in terms of risks evaluation / mitigation identification and in terms of potential business development. The team has a unique capability to help M&A and operation teams in managing the above aspects, timely, proactively and with a problem-solving approach.’
‘High knowledge of the sector consolidated over several years of activity. All with the inclusion of new tools, including IT tools, which have allowed better interaction with the structure.’
‘The lawyer Giorgio Lezzi combines a deep knowledge of administrative law with civil and corporate law matters. He is able to offer a unique support in the legal market able to support and guide the drafting of strategic industrial plans for utilities.’
A2A Illuminazione Pubblica S.r.l.
Acque Bresciane S.r.l.
Agesp Group (Agesp Energia S.r.l., Agesp Attività Strumentali S.r.l., Agesp S.p.A.)
AMAT – Agenzia Ambiente Mobilità e Territorio
Ambiente Futuro S.r.l.
CAP Holding S.p.A.
Chamber of Commerce of Milan, Monza Brianza, Lodi
Chamber of Commerce of Bergamo
COGESER Group (COGESER S.p.A., COGESER Energia S.r.l., COGESER Servizi S.r.l.)
Federazione per i servizi degli Ordini dei farmacisti della Lombardia
Gi Group S.p.A.
Grifols Italia S.p.A.
Infrastrutture Recupero Energia Agenzia Regionale Ligure – IRE S.p.A.
Innovatec Power S.p.A.
ITELYUM Regeneration S.p.A.
Lereti S.p.A. (ACSM –AGAM group)
Milano Santa Giulia S.p.A.
Municipality of Sanremo
Municipality of Ospedaletti
Municipality of Thiene
Municipality of Rozzano (Milan)
Padania Acque S.p.A.
STI International S.r.l.
- Advising Milan Santa Giulia on one of the most important urban redevelopment projects in Europe, currently transforming the southern area of Milan, which following the award to Milan of the 2026 Winter Olympic Games now additionally involves the creation of new infrastructure to connect the Multifunctional Arena, where many of the Olympic events will take place, to the surrounding districts and services.
- Acting for I.R.E S.p.A., a public sector company operating in a number of areas, on public law matters relating to the design of a tender for the construction and management of a new hospital in La Spezia (Liguria), including identifying the most effective public procedure to be used in awarding the relevant PPP contract and preparing tender documents for the construction and management of the new hospital.
- Advising CAP Holding, the public company responsible for managing the integrated water service of the City of Milan, on the drafting of its new business plan, which aims to implement the company’s core business and set out a strategy for expanding into new markets.
Pavia e Ansaldo
Pavia e Ansaldo public law department has a wide service offering, representing inter alia corporations, public entities and port authorities from the hospitality, aviation, public transport, and pharma industries. Most notably, the team led by Marco Giustiniani, acts in public procurement and tender award disputes.
‘The Pavia e Ansaldo law firm encompasses multiple disciplines that companies may need in a single interface; from company law to administrative and private law. The firm has made available for each of these disciplines valid professionals specialized in each sector, with a medium-high competence compared to that present in the market.’
‘What has always distinguished these people in their work is their great availability and professionalism, constantly expressed on every occasion of need of our company.’
‘The team ensures maximum professionalism and availability. It is made up of highly trained professionals from a technical-legal point of view, and every issue is investigated from every aspect, including economic and commercial, in order to always provide the client with the best solution.’
‘Partner Marco Giustiniani deserves to be mentioned for his outstanding professionalism and experience. His legal background is complemented by an excellent business-oriented approach.’
Rai – Radiotelevisione Italiana SpA
Accord Healthcare Italia / Assogenerici
Cap Holding s.p.a.
DIKE Giuridica Editrice s.r.l.
Omnia Hotels Group
TAXIBLU – Consorzio RadioTaxi Satellitare Società Cooperativa / APP TAXI soc. coop.
Aeroporti Roma S.p.A
SONEPAR Italia s.r.l.
Colt Technology Services SpA
Wolters Kluwer Italia S.r.l.
4L Collection Hotels
Futura Autotrasporto Service soc. coop.
Sprintcar & Service soc. coop.
Autoradiotassì soc. coop.
Consorzio progetto Italia
Com Metodi spa
Nuova Mondial sas
Open Fiber S.p.A.
Desa S.r.l. (Gruppo supermercati DEM)
Federazione Italiana Pubblici Esercizi
Cotabe soc. coop.
Mauro Benedetti SpA
Elpendù soc. coop.
Comune di Grottaferrata
Virtus Buonconvento s.d. (Gruppo Virtus Piscine)
Autorità di sistema portuale del mare Adriatico centro-settentrionale
Comune di Bracciano
Pronto Taxi 6645 soc. coop.
Soluzioni Prodotti Sistemi s.r.l.
Università Commerciale Bocconi s.r.l.
Dicò Gallery S.r.l.
Gruppo Ferrovie dello Stato
- Assisting the main taxi and limousine operators national trade unions (including UGL and CISAL) in the litigation won before the Council of State against a ruling by which the Regional Administrative Court of Lazio had declared a number of articles of the Highway Code to be contrary to EU law.
- Advising the major Italian cleaning services player Copernico in around twenty open matters and proceedings (before several Regional Administrative Courts (TAR) and Councils of State) arising from the awarding of environmental hygiene services by multiple contracting authorities, as well as providing ongoing consultancy in participating in over 30 tenders within a year.
- Assistance to the major national limousine and taxi operator trade unions in negotiating with the Italian Government on the draft of law (disegno di legge) on reforming the public transport sector.
Pedersoli Studio Legale
The team at Pedersoli Studio Legale provides assistance across a wide spectrum of public and administrative law matters, both in contentious and non-contentious matters. Headed by Sergio Fienga, the team is active and experienced in handling public contracts, particularly focused on public tenders, concessions and public services, as well as in urban planning, construction, real estate and environmental law.
Other key lawyers:
Marco Trevisan; Giovanni Battista De Luca; Alessandro Zuccaro
‘Excellent defence in litigations, positive outcome even where there was little hope of winning a case, clear advice which proved to be useful in outlining strategies.’
‘Deep knowledge, great availability, pragmatic advice as if they were in-house lawyers.’
‘Very good quality-price ratio. High level services supply.’
‘We found in the various teams of Pedersoli Studio Legale the maximum possible preparation, the total availability to support us in all the required phases and a prompt and immediate reply (via telephone, email or in person). The seniority of the professionals who work alongside us is without doubt excellent.’
‘Marco Trevisan – he presents a constant preparation and updating with respect to constantly evolving and very complex issues.’
‘Team from Pedersoli Studio Legale has an exceptional availability towards the client. Always prepared, even on very recent topics, punctual and precise with answers.’
‘High detailed research and availability, exceptional knowledge about the referred topic.’
‘Sergio Fienga! He is real a number one’
NTP Nano Tech Projects
Gestore dei Servizi Energetici – GSE
Bravo Capital Partners
Advanced Sterilization Products Italia
EG Italia S.p.A.
Lagardere Food and Travel Retail
- Assisting Cassa di Risparmio di Bolzano S.p.A. – Sparkasse (“Sparkasse”) in relation to the proceeding before the Regional Administrative Court of Lazio linked to the takeover transaction for the acquisition of the majority in corporate capital of Banca di Cividale S.p.A. – Benefit Corporation (“CiviBank”) with reference both to public voluntary all-share purchase offers promoted by Sparkasse on all ordinary shares and warrants of CiviBank. The proceedings for precautionary measures were brought by CiviBank.
- Assisting NTP Nano Tech Projects S.r.l., an emerging company based in the Marche Region, in a lawsuit against the Marche Region concerning the “Seal of Excellence” certificate received from the European Commission, for the creation of an innovative digital microscope developed by the company.
- Assisting GSE in about 300 disputes pending before the Administrative Courts (Regional Administrative Courts and State Council), concerning admission to public incentives for energy plants.
SZA Studio Legale
SZA Studio Legale offers comprehensive administrative and public law advice, encompassing both in- and out-of-court capabilities. Matters of public private partnerships, public tenders, and civil protection feature prominently in the practice’s case portfolio. Key industries include the energy and utilities, public transport and infrastructure sectors. Joint practice heads Danilo Tassan Mazzocco and Luca Guffanti often appear in high-profile administrative legal matters, including PNRR funded projects in the circular economy.
Danilo Tassan Mazzocco; Luca Guffanti
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm and its lawyers have a deep knowledge of the sector, are technically prepared and sensitive to both the technical aspects of legal issues and the operational needs of the company.’
‘Luca Guffanti is a point of reference for the transport sector. Danilo Tassan Mazzocco is extremely knowledgeable, competent and sensitive to both the technical aspects of legal issues and the needs of business operations. Alfonso Polillo stands out for being a reference figure for the management of administrative law issues. Prepared, efficient, responsive. Offers practical solutions to complex legal issues.’
Suez International SAS
Comune di Gorla Maggiore
Comune di Roncadelle
CARONNO PERTUSELLA METANO S.R.L.
AEVV Impianti S.R.L.
INTERCENTER – AGENZIA REGIONALE PER LO SVILUPPO DEI MERCATI TELEMATICI
S.I.T. VALLEE’ SOC. CONS. A R.L.
ASST PAPA GIOVANNI XXIII
MILANO SERRAVALLE ENGINEERING S.R.L.
ENGIE ITALIA S.p.A.
BETA 80 S.p.A.
GI GROUP S.p.A.
AFC TORINO S.p.A.
AMGA LEGNANO S.p.A.
POLIS LOMBARDIA – ISTITUTO REGIONALE PER IL SUPPORTO ALLE POLITICHE DELLA LOMBARDIA
NEW LISI S.P.A.
MILANO SERRAVALLE – MILANO TANGENZIALI S.P.A.
CONSORZIO AUTONOLEGGIATORI ALTO ADIGE – KSM-C.A.A.
AGENZIA REGIONALE INTERCENT-ER
ACQUE TOSCANE S.P.A.
NUOVE ACQUE S.P.A.
SUEZ ITALIA S.P.A.
AGESP ENERGIA S.R.L.
SUEZ TRATTAMENTO ACQUE S.P.A.
GELSIA AMBIENTE S.R.L.
CAP HOLDING S.P.A.
SEI TOSCANA S.P.A.
COMUNE DI LONIGO
LARIO RETI HOLDING S.P.A.
BANCA FARMAFACTORING S.P.A.
FONDAZIONE MONZA E BRIANZA PER IL BAMBINO E LA SUA MAMMA (MBBM)
COMUNE DI FIRENZE
CITTÀ DI TORINO
CITTÀ METROPOLITANA DI TORINO
FONDAZIONE REGIONALE LOMBARDIA AMBIENTE
PROVINCIA DI CREMONA
GSE – GESTORE SERVIZI ENERGETICI
ASSET PUGLIA – AGENZIA REGIONALE STRATEGICA PER LO SVILUPPO ECOSOSTENIBILE DEL TERRITORIO
- Advised the metropolitan city of Turin in a dispute concerning the award of a tender for an essential public service (i.e. natural gas distribution) with a value of EUR 333 mio that involves around 50 municipalities.
- Assisting a notable international client on a tender competition for the management of an important piece of the Italian national railway line with a 10-year contractual period.
- Assisting a distributor of natural gas in Italy with appealing the rules of tender presented by a public authority. The ruling may alter the definition of tender competition process rules.
Zunarelli – Studio Legale Associato
Zunarelli – Studio Legale Associato’s public law practice specialises in infrastructure and transport law, where it covers the whole spectrum of matters, including project financing, tenders, public procurement, grants and authorisations. Andrea Giardini jointly heads the team with founding partner Stefano Zunarelli who advises both public and private clients, most notably in the transportation and maritime sectors including building, railway and insurance companies as well as port and airport operators.
Stefano Zunarelli; Andrea Giardini
Autorità Portuale del Mare Adriatico Centro Settentrionale (Ravenna Port Authority)
Autorità di Sistema Portuale del Mare Adriatico Settentrionale (Venice Port Authority)
Gesap – Palermo airport
Comune di Campobasso (Campobasso Municipality)
Assoporti – Italian Port Authorities Association
Friuli Venezia Giulia Region
- Advised the Venice Port Authority in the procedure for the issuing of a concession for the management of a port terminal.
- Advised the Friuli Venezia Giulia region in a proceeding for the payment of an additional amount of the compensation for the operation of local transport services.
- Advised Gesap spa (Palermo Airport) in the procedure of awarding the contract for the construction and management of a passenger terminal.
Allen & Overy - Studio Legale Associato
Allen & Overy - Studio Legale Associato‘s administrative team is led by experienced public and environmental counsel Luca Amicarelli and is active across key industry and regulated sectors including energy, telecoms, infrastructure, and real estate. The practice is split between public and environmental law advice, energy litigation and transactional work among others.
‘Team is well-coordinated and seems to enjoy working with each other very much. Luca does a very good job of trying to take a pro-active business-oriented approach to all the complexities and additional avenues that public law can take a client down – he is definitely focused on the important items and not caught up in a legal matrix.’
‘Luca Amicarelli is a very business-oriented lawyer who will examine all the issues and then quickly cut down to the relevant ones for the transaction.’
‘In A&O it is possible to obtain legal assistance in the widest spectrum of problems, making it a one-stop shop. The administrative law team ranges from environmental law to energy law, from real estate to tenders, always trying to listen to the client (also because the team is 90% women!) And is able to work with the customer and the technical consultants in order to always identify the most appropriate solution.’
The Space Cinema
Enel SO.L.E./Enel Distribuzione
TCIF (The Children Investment Fund)
W.L. Gore & Associati S.r.l.
King Street (Europe) LLP
The Riverside Company/La Galvanina
Ball Beverage Packaging Europe
Alsa Grupo SLU
- Providing regular assistance to long-standing client W.L. Gore & Associati S.r.l. in relation to its participation in public tenders launched by hospitals and healthcare structures for the assignment of supply contracts in Italy.
- Assisting Enel Distribuzione and Enel Sole in several contentious matters before the Italian Administrative Courts and the Council of State in relation to the fees requested by the municipalities for the occupation of public soil.
- Advised Hitachi Rail on the regulatory aspects of its acquisition of the “V300 ZEFIRO” high-speed rail business from Bombardier Transportation. The deal enhances Hitachi’s position in the high-speed rail sector, and significantly strengthens its service and maintenance capabilities.
B - Health, Safety & Environment
B - Health, Safety & Environment was formed in January 2021 and expanded in October 2021 with a new department creating a unique offering within the Italian legal market. Namely, an administrative, environmental, health and safety law, compliance and criminal law boutique founded by joint practice heads Matteo Benozzo and Francesco Bruno, previously partners at Pavia e Ansaldo. The group advises multinational clients operating in Italy.
Francesco Bruno; Matteo Benozzo
‘This practice’s advice is at the same time very thorough from a legal perspective and very practical to implement for the industry. The team has a broad experience in how to handle difficult matters, from a legal point of view as well as from a procedural point of view.’
‘Francesco Bruno, in addition to his very profound legal knowledge, has a particular knowledge about how to construct a strategy to tackle a problem.’
‘The team is very competent. I very much appreciate their cohesion and proactivity. Furthermore, the long lasting experience of the partners make them very good at carrying out risk assessments and preventing potential issues before they occur. I very much appreciate their way of working and communicating with all stakeholders. Something that makes the team unique is their ability to be formal and professional but, at the same time, adapt their speech when necessary so that those who listen to them (i.e. business) can easily understand even the most complex issues.’
‘It is worth to highlight that Prof Francesco Bruno works on matters with great passion and competence. He is always one step ahead. On top of having a deep technical knowledge, he shows great creativity in finding solutions to complex problems. He always maintains a positive attitude and always treats his entire team with the utmost respect even in the most complicated moments.’
‘B-HSE is a team of hill-skilled consultants that is able to support us proactively with a rare know-how of Italian environmental law and with a customer oriented approach.’
‘Strong and consolidated experience in complex environmental issues. Speed and efficiency in operational management.’
‘The team is very well composed. It mixes, at the same time, legal and human skills that make pleasant to work with. I had experiences with other firms but B-HSE has many advantages, due to the ability of its founders to assemble a workgroup with a proper competencies mix. The result is an out-of-the-box approach to innovative and clever solutions that are very effective, either on litigation, in lawsuits, in contracting and negotiation. They are very client-oriented.’
‘Each member of B-HSE has a solid preparation and expertise on more of one legal matter. A competitive advantage of each of them consists in the ability to understand and cooperate effectively with the other partners and the client. They constantly update their competencies and, much more, some of them, particularly Prof. Benozzo and Prof. Bruno plot the route for other professionals on many topics with seminars, events, webinars.’
Christian Dior Italia S.r.l. – Manufactures Dior S.r.l.
Colgate Palmolive Italia S.r.l.
Kuwait Petroleum Italia S.p.A., KRI S.p.A. and Q8 Quaser S.p.A.
Enel Distribuzione S.p.A., Enel Produzione S.p.A., |Enel Green Power S.p.A. and Enel Green Power Italia S.r.l.
Roullier Group Zone Italie – Timac Agro Italia S.p.a.
Tattooed Chef Inc. – Ittella Italy S.r.l.
Curia Global Inc. – Curia Italy S.r.l.
- Advising Christian Dior Italia S.r.l. for the construction of a new Dior store located in the historical city centre of Forte dei Marmi (province of Lucca) developed on two floors of a building subject to special historical and architectural restrictions imposed by municipal legislation on urban planning.
- Assisting Colgate Palmolive Italia S.r.l. in all the environmental and safety matters related to its largest European plant located in the municipality of Anzio, near Rome, since 2012.
- Advising Kuwait Petroleum (Q8) regarding all the remediation procedures ongoing in its filling stations, dealing with public entities as well as with the owners of the lands involved and/or the premises and assistance to the client to obtain unique environmental permits for over 2,000 filling stations in Italy.
Studio Professionale Associato a Baker & McKenzie
The administrative law team at Studio Professionale Associato a Baker & McKenzie handles a combination of public law matters including contracting, tenders and advisory matters as well as regulatory disputes. In particular, the team headed by Francesco Goisis is active in environmental and energy matters including remediation procedures and waste management issues, as well as product compliance.
Other key lawyers:
Roberto Cursano; Miriam Allena; Mario Cigno
‘Excellent work and advice in tenders and tender appeals, team is able to quickly understand the (life science) product technicalities which is of great value in tender appeals.’
‘Mario Cigno: understands client’s needs, dedicated and always available with very useful advice.’
Consiglio di Bacino Bacchiglione
- Assisting Chanel in judicial proceedings before the Regional Administrative Court of Milan concerning the allocation of spaces in the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Milan and the redevelopment of other important spaces in the same complex.
- Assisted Bio-Rad in several judicial proceedings before different regional administrative courts and the Council of State pertaining to important public tenders for the supply of medical devices.
- Assisting UTU Rewards in litigation against the Custom Agency, in particular, challenging the latter’s resistance against the expansion and consolidation of the client’s business within the Italian market.
Carnelutti Studio Legale Associato
Carnelutti Studio Legale Associato‘s public law department provides contentious and non-contentious advice in a broad spectrum of industries including infrastructure, construction, zoning, telecoms, environment and energy. The team, headed by Francesco Paolo Francica, has extensive regulatory expertise in the pharma industry.
Francesco Paolo Francica
Other key lawyers:
ASSICA, Associazione Industriali delle Carni e dei Salumi
Fincos Gestioni S.r.l.
IGI POSEIDON SA
San Pellegrino S.p.A.
Stryker Italia S.r.l.
VALCHIESA AMBIENTE S.R.L.
- Assisting IGI Poseidon S.A. (of the Edison Group) by rendering extrajudicial and judicial services concerning the construction of a gas pipeline in Otranto.
- Represented Fincos Gestioni S.r.l. in litigation concerning the authorisation for a development project to improve real estate properties.
- Assisting SAR.MAR S.P.A. in a procedure to relocate a special subsidised social housing plan aimed to develop a comprehensive residential housing project in the Municipality of Varese.
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton‘s multi-practice group assists large Italian and multinational companies in administrative proceedings pertaining to public concessions, authorisations and permits and environmental issues. The team, which is headed by Mario Siragusa, Marco D’Ostuni and Matteo Beretta, also assists in challenging decisions of administrative authorities involving regulatory and public tender matters, with a focus on litigation involving complex antitrust or regulatory issues.
Mario Siragusa; Marco D’Ostuni; Matteo Beretta
Servizio Elettrico Nazionale (SEN)
F. Hoffmann – La Roche
Santander Consumer Bank
Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane
Deloitte & Touche
DHL Express Italy S.r.l.
- Assisted TIM in the administrative proceedings and subsequent litigation against a multimillion fine imposed by the Italian Competition Authority for having implemented an anti-competitive strategy designed to hinder investments in ultra-wideband network infrastructure.
- Advising Baxter in every stage of the public procurement procedure, from the launch of the tender to the possible subsequent litigation (before regional administrative courts and, on appeal, before Council of State) pertaining to a public tender launched by healthcare entities at national/regional and local level for the provision of medicinal products or device and/or relevant services.
Enrico Follieri & Associati Studio Legale
Boutique firm Enrico Follieri & Associati Studio Legale is established in Southern and Central Italy, assisting public and private clients from the healthcare, construction, real estate and energy sectors. Practice head Enrico Follieri and his team often appear in contentious matters at all stages and are experienced in providing legal opinions.
Other key lawyers:
Fonderie Pisano & C. S.p.A.
Costeldati Segnalamento S.r.l.
Interporto Regionale della Puglia S.p.A.
Trade Service S.r.l.
Item Oxygen S.r.l.
Daunia Energia S.r.l.
Municipality of Matera
Cooperativa Anziani ‘93
Civiltà Futura Società Cooperativa
Luigi Guarnati S.r.l.
- Assistance to IRP in the strategy for the enlargement of the intermodal hub of Bari and the construction of a new railway station. The operation involves three public funds (EU’s and domestic funds), various public entities and is also affected by several pending proceedings before both administrative and civil courts.
- Assistance to Blunova alongside all of the administrative procedures for the authorisation of the developments of a large number of PV parks and windfarms across the central and southern Italy regions, Apulia, Abruzzo, Molise and Campania.
- Assistance to the temporary JV involving Costeldati Segnalamento (awarded three contracts for the maintenance of the railway trails and station in Italy) before the Council of State, following the challenge of the ruling by one of the second-placed bidders in the procurement process.
Macchi di Cellere Gangemi
Macchi di Cellere Gangemi‘s administrative law team has a particular focus on regulatory matters relating to the energy and industrial sector, as well as town planning and building law, and environmental law matters. Marco Sella who is known for his focus on the electric energy and oil and gas sectors jointly heads the team with Francesco Angelini.
Marco Sella; Francesco Angelini
Other key lawyers:
‘Fully available any time and very well prepared on all the matters.’
Italy’s General Commissioner’s Office for Expo 2020 Dubai
Special Office for the reconstruction of the municipalities affected by the earthquake in the Abruzzo region (USRC)
- Assisted REAM SGR in a complex initiative concerning the enhancement of two real estate complexes.
- Providing advice and assistance to MOL plc pertaining to environmental law matters concerning remediation activities in the industrial site located in Mantua.
- Assisted IES (MOL plc) in a litigation vis-à-vis the Independent Agency for the Energy, Gas and Water (ARERA) for the annulment of a fine imposed on the company for not having complied with the order of submitting certain data for calculating the tax on extra-profits of the company.
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe‘s public law department handles a mix of public law contracting, tenders and advisory matters, as well as high-profile regulatory disputes. Most notably, the team is active in energy regulatory matters and so-called Italian golden power matters representing clients at national and EU level. Mariangela Di Giandomenico is the name to note.
Other key lawyers:
Mariangela Di Giandomenico
Cerba HealthCare Italia
iCON Infrastructure LLP
MEAG Munich Ergo
Green Arrow Energy Fund
BNP Paribas REIM Italy SGR S.p.A.
- Advising the iCON Infrastructure Partners V fund, managed by iCON Infrastructure LLP, on all public law aspects relating to the acquisition of 100% of Sestrieres S.p.A., a company managing one of the largest ski areas in the European Alps.
- Assisting Enel X for aspects related to the Golden Power notification of the joint venture transaction with Volkswagen AG and its subsidiaries, concerning the joint implementation of a high-power charging infrastructure in Italy, consisting of over 3000 charging points, by the end of 2025.
- Advising Cerba HealthCare, a leading medical diagnostics group, on the regulatory and administrative law profiles relating to the acquisition of Lifebrain from the European investment fund Investindustrial, through the independent fund Global Healthcare Services Sárl.
Ughi E Nunziante
Ughi E Nunziante‘s public law department is fully integrated in the firm’s full-service offering assisting national and international clients across a range of administrative and regulatory matters. Key industries include public utilities, energy, environment, transport as well as the TMT sector. Andrea Marega heads the team with Tiziana Fiorella who joined in 2022.
Andrea Marega; Tiziana Fiorella
‘The practice has a high proficiency in administrative and public law in Italy. They can use their vast experience in devising the best course of action.’
‘Highly available, approachable and pro-active.’
‘Tiziana Fiorella highly qualified professional prepared and available to the client; able to find solutions for any problem both theoretically and practically; she puts passion into her work and always has a positive and decisive approach.’
Rockhopper Italia S.p.A.
J.A.S. Jet Air Service S.p.A.
Stampa Quotidiana S.r.l.
Corporación H10 Hotels S.L.
The Cut Production S.r.l.
Ingad Trust S.r.l.
ENGIM Ente Nazionale Giuseppini del Murialdo
Muehlbaur iD Service GMBH
One Divisione Traslochi S.r.l.
Pepa Trasporti S.r.l.
Green City Energy Italia
Chiron Energy Real Estate S.r.l.
- Represented Rockhopper Italia S.p.A in a case brought by the Environmental Ministry before the TAR and the State Council in relation to the “Ombrina Mare” project and assisted the Rockhopper Group in the international arbitration held under the ICSID regulations against the Italian government for violating the agreement on investments (“ECT”).
- Assisted J.A.S. Jet Air Service S.p.A. in public tenders called by the Ministry of Defense for the provision of freight forwarding and land/sea transportation services, nationally and internationally, of materials and vehicles of the Armed Forces, as well as in relevant litigation.
- Assessing Green City Energy Italy in the proceeding of obtaining the authorisation for the construction and operation of a photovoltaic system.