Firms in the Spotlight Tax
Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz
Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz (“Pearl Cohen”) is an international law and patent firm with offices in Israel (Tel-Aviv, Haifa), the United States (New York, Los Angeles, Boston), and the United Kingdom (London). Due to the firm’s unique global presence, it has an extraordinary reputation dealing with cross-border issues in the areas of commercial law …View Profile...
Tax in Israel
Alter Attorneys at Law
FISCHER (FBC & Co.) advises clients on the full range of contentious and non-contentious tax matters, showing particular strength in handling the tax structuring of large M&A transactions and representing clients before the Israel Tax Authority (ITA). Additional areas of key expertise include VAT, real estate and municipal tax matters. In a recent highlight, the team advised ECI Telecom on the tax aspects of its $450m merger with Ribbon Communications. 'Smart, sharp partner' Anat Shavit is highly regarded for her advice to multinational and Israeli clients on cross-border tax structuring, not to mention her strong track record of advising government bodies and regulatory agencies in relation to privatisations and complex M&A. Sagit Avital Assaf is noted for her expertise in municipal tax matters.
Other key lawyers:
Ronald Lehmann; Sagit Avital Assaf; Ofir Fartuk; Yuval Peled
‘Highly professional and capable lawyers who build good relationships with their clients.’
‘We find Anat Shavit and the team to be very knowledgeable on the various tax aspects that we are facing, always looking for creative yet practical solutions. The team is very responsive and client-oriented.’
‘A very diversified group of professionals who know how to work as a team. The end product is always complete and well thought out.’
‘Anat Shavit is one of the best tax attorneys in Israel with diversified legal knowledge and business skills.’
‘Yuval Peled is knowledgeable in his area of practice. He is eager to collaborate and interested in the foreign adviser’s advice and reasoning, making it easy for the two firms to work as one team and provide the best advice for the client.’
‘Anat Shavit is a smart, sharp partner with great ideas. Her team’s collaboration must come from her as she models that perfectly.’
‘Anat Shavit is very creative and always available to me as a client.’
‘We have known and worked with the FBC tax team for many years on complex matters. Each matter is unique and requires a special tax analysis and treatment, particularly when dealing with the governmental tax authorities. There is no doubt that this is one of the very best tax practices in Israel.’
Generation Capital Ltd.
Fiverr International Ltd.
Amot Investments Ltd.
Bank of America
Israel Ports Company
Mekorot Water Company Ltd.
Servotronix Motion Control Ltd.
Shikun & Binui
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Advised ECI Telecom on its $450m merger with Ribbon Communications Inc, which involved handling the Israeli and cross-border tax aspects of the transaction, obtaining a tax ruling from the ITA, and managing the tax aspects of related real estate transactions.
- Advising Sumitomo Corporation on the tax aspects of its newly formed corporate venture capital fund in Israel, including structuring and a tax ruling from the ITA.
- Advising national water company Mekorot on the tax aspects of its merger with another government-owned company, including negotiations with Israel’s Ministry of Finance and obtaining a tax ruling from the ITA.
Goldfarb Seligman & Co.'s large and dedicated practice expanded its offering in 2020 with the establishment of a tax branch in Zurich. The firm's comprehensive range of services encompasses all areas of tax litigation, tax planning for corporations and high-net-worth individuals, tax structuring of corporate transactions and executive compensation. Tal Atsmon, who serves as tax counsel to the Israeli Forum of Chief Financial Officers, is highly experienced in transactional tax matters, trust structuring and executive compensation. Yaron Sever stands out for his equally strong reputation in contentious and non-contentious tax mandates, in which he acts for a varied roster of large corporates and high-net-worth individuals. Liat Faig-Neuwirth specialises in VAT and indirect tax.
Tal Atsmon; Yaron Sever
Other key lawyers:
Gill Nadel; Liat Faig-Neuwirth; Liat Graber; Liraz Tubul
‘We have found generally that the calibre of lawyers that we have worked with is first class.’
‘Yaron Sever is notable for his cross-border expertise and we have valued the clarity of his advice, based on a very deep understanding and practice of US and Israeli law.’
‘Gill Nadel’s expertise and relationship with the administration have been particularly invaluable.’
‘Tal Atsmon has gathered a very strong team and is always up to date with his client’s needs. He is able to identify where issues may arise and bring in specialists where needed.’
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
Dell EMC Corporation
Comtech Telecommunications Corporation
SodaStream International Ltd.
Bank Hapoalim B.M.
Adidas Israel Ltd.
A.L. Ten Bis Ltd.
Menivim – The New REIT Ltd.
Property and Building Group
Alony Hetz Properties and Investments Ltd.
Matrix I.T. Software Services Ltd.
- Representing eBay in multiple income tax and VAT matters, including in disputes and tax litigation before the ITA.
- Advising Dell EMC on all of its tax matters and related litigation in Israel.
- Advised an American infrastructure company on obtaining unique tax arrangements in Israel.
Gornitzky & Co.'s practice advises corporate and private clients in relation to tax disputes before the ITA, corporate tax, international taxation, transfer pricing, cross-border tax structuring and various other matters. In addition, the team has unique experience in white-collar crime disputes involving violations of tax law. Pinhas Rubin is a leading expert in disputes at the intersection of criminal law and international tax, which he handles alongside the tax structuring of large M&A transactions. Certified public accountant Daniel Paserman specialises in all forms of tax litigation involving large corporates and high-net-worth individuals. Shlomo Aviad Zider stands out for his strong track record in civil and criminal tax disputes.
Pinhas Rubin; Daniel Paserman
Other key lawyers:
Shlomo Aviad Zider
‘The team at Gornitzky study the case and the client very thoroughly and structure a highly professional team accordingly. Most importantly, all team members are very friendly and totally dedicated to the case in hand.’
‘I think that Gornitzky comprises top-quality individuals both in professional and personal terms.’
‘Pinhas Rubin is a leading light of the firm and profession and he is always available.’
‘Daniel Paserman is a most experienced, intellectual and charismatic senior lawyer.’
Warburg Pincus Fund
- Represented Broadcom in a tax appeal accepted by the District Court, which cancelled the ITA’s assessment, for NIS150m, with respect to a “business model change”.
- Represented Israeli model Bar Refaeli in her tax appeal to the Supreme Court regarding her residency for tax purposes.
- Represented O.R.T Technologies Ltd. in the assessment process before the ITA, resulting in a discount of approximately 60% of the original tax liability in the assessment.
Herzog Fox & Neeman's 'leading' team includes ten certified public accountants and five former high-ranking members of the ITA, giving it excellent insight into various areas of tax law. Its range of services includes corporate tax, outbound tax planning, trust structuring and private equity fund formation. Yuval Navot, who is qualified in Israel and New York, has over 20 years of experience in corporate tax matters. In one of his recent instructions, Navot advised a consortium of 14 purchasers (including Goldman Sachs, Citibank and BNP Paribas) in connection with a $2.1bn bond offering issued by certain subsidiaries of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries. Ofer Granot stands out for his strength in contentious matters, which includes representing clients in administrative tax proceedings and mutual agreement procedures. Meir Linzen, who is also an expert in corporate tax, with an emphasis on M&A transactions, and Guy Katz are other key member of the tax department.
Other key lawyers:
Guy Katz; Ofer Granot; Yuval Navot
‘I think that HFN has the top professionals in Israel. Their tax solutions are practical and they provide you with the full scope of options.’
‘Yuval Navot has an excellent knowledge of the industry. In addition, he understands the company’s needs and can provide solutions from a tax perspective. He is always available and is results-driven, which means we always get what was promised at the beginning of the engagement.’
‘HFN is a leading law firm in Israel. They have a strong tax practice.’
‘Meir Linzen is a very experienced lawyer; his advice is always measured and outstanding, and he always exhibits the utmost professionalism.’
‘Guy Katz has a profound understanding of clients’ needs and is very responsive.’
‘Yuval Navot is an outstanding partner – he is very knowledgeable about both the Israeli and US tax codes, good at suggesting practical solutions, really stands out with his innovative approach to problem solving and is also available at all times of the day.’
‘I think that what makes the tax practice in the firm unique is its creative thinking, service-oriented approach and unparalleled professional advice.’
‘Yuval Navot is absolutely the ultimate lawyer. He possesses the rare combination of being very professional and hardworking while providing great service in a caring way. I have dealt with many lawyers in my life in multiple territories, but Yuval definitely stands out.’
Apollo Global Management
Goldman Sachs, Citi & BNP Paribas
Israeli Postal Authority
Israel Electric Company
- Advised Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. on its $6.9bn acquisition by Nvidia Corporation, which included providing advice on tax structuring.
- Advised SBTech on the tax aspects of a three-way business combination transaction pursuant to which SBTech and DraftKings Inc. were acquired by Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corp.
- Advised Checkmarx and its founders on tax matters relating to its acquisition by US private equity firm Hellman & Friedman in a $1.15bn cash and stock-rollover deal.
Meitar Law Offices is a powerhouse firm in the area of corporate tax, particularly relating to large, international M&A transactions. Its additional expertise includes transfer pricing cases, trust structuring and real estate taxation. In an ongoing highlight, the team is advising Francisco Partners and ClickSoftware on the tax aspects of the $1.35bn sale of the latter to Salesforce, demonstrating its strength in this fundamental area. Eldar Ben-Ruby continues to lead numerous matters, showing particular strength in international taxation fund formation. Shaul Grossman, who is qualified in Israel and New York, is a go-to partner for clients involved in M&A transactions spanning multiple jurisdictions. Michael Bricker is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Michael Bricker; Shaul Grossman
‘Highly experienced professionals in every area of tax law.’
‘Eldar Ben-Rubi stands out for his significant expertise, honesty and dedication.’
Taboola and Outbrain
ClickSoftware and Francisco Partners
Armis security Ltd.
- Representing KLA in a potentially precedent-setting tax appeal filed with the Tel Aviv District Court regarding the activities of a company it recently acquired, Orbotech.
- Represented Prosol in a tax appeal in the District Court of Tel Aviv and a subsequent tax appeal filed with the Supreme Court.
- Advised Taboola and Outbrain in relation to their merger transaction and the tax aspects of it.
Boutique tax practice Shekel & Co. is particularly well known for handling tax assessments, the tax structuring of M&A transactions and litigation, including matters before the Supreme Court of Israel. Yaniv Shekel, who serves as joint chairman of the Tax Forum and head of the Income Tax and Bookkeeping Committee of the Israel Bar Association, handles a wide range of significant mandates, with a particular focus on corporate tax. Ofer Elboim provides clients with assistance in the areas of VAT and real estate tax.
Yaniv Shekel; Ofer Elboim
Other key lawyers:
Binyamin Tovi; Ayelet Hillel-Birenzwig
‘I would like to emphasise their professionalism and extensive, up-to-date knowledge. I feel totally secure whenever I consult with them for the benefit of my clients.’
‘They are very knowledgeable, and it shows in the solutions they offer.’
‘Yaniv Shekel and Ayelet Birenzwig are amazing – very reliable and dependable.’
Maccabi Healthcare Services
Clal Industries Group
Psagot Investment House
- Advised Edeltech and Shikun & Binui on tax matters related to the acquisition of the Ramat Hovav power plant for NIS4.25bn.
- Representing partners in the Leviathan gas field – Noble Energy, Delek Drilling and Ratio Oil Explorations – in preliminary rulings relating to the export of gas to Egypt.
- Representing a multinational high-tech company in tax assessment disputes relating to claims of “corporate restructuring”.
Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co. Advocates and Notary advises an impressive array of clients on corporate tax matters, including real estate companies, high-net-worth individuals and investment vehicles. It is also well placed to assist clients in disputes before the ITA regarding unreported capital issues and voluntary disclosure proceedings. Doron Levy and Racheli Guz-Lavi are the firm's leading corporate tax attorneys, while Omer Ben Matityahu specialises in international taxation and fund structuring. Associate Yifat Weiss is noted for her demonstrable expertise in M&A tax structuring.
Doron Levy; Racheli Guz-Lavi; Omer Ben Matityahu
Other key lawyers:
Tidhar Construction Ltd.
Peninsula Investment Fund Growth
Peninsula Group Ltd.
Gottex Brands Holdings Ltd.
Israel Infrastructure Fund
DuPont Safety & Construction Inc.
Michlol Urban Renewal Real-Estate Solutions Ltd.
Michlol Urban Renewal Ltd.
Meridian Bioscience Inc.
The Nielsen Company
LGT Bank (Switzerland) Ltd.
Azorim Investments in Development and Construction Company Ltd.
Association of Manpower Companies
Clal Insurance Company Ltd.
Venture Capital Funds
Orpheus Medical Ltd.
- Advising Tidhar Construction Ltd. regarding the taxation aspects of its high-profile construction projects across Israel.
- Advising Michlol regarding all tax issues arising in connection with its financing agreements and urban renewal projects.
- Advised Clal Insurance in relation to the tax aspects of two purchase transactions involving prime location lots in Tel Aviv.
Boutique tax firm Benjamini & Co. is well known for its expertise in corporate tax matters concerning international and Israeli clients, which includes handling investment planning, tax assessments before the relevant authorities and voluntary disclosure proceedings. Yair Benjamini specialises in advising and representing companies with operations in Israel and the US, both in relation to corporate transactions and complex tax disputes. Sagiv Ron is highly regarded for his work in the area of land taxation. Associate Elizabeth Krishmarov often advises clients on M&A tax structuring.
Yair Benjamini; Sagiv Ron
Other key lawyers:
Doron Elmekiesse; Shahar Strauss; Elizabeth Krishmarov
Kardan Real Estate Ltd.
Netanel Group Ltd.
Almog 38 Ltd.
Meshulam Levinstein Contracting & Engineering Ltd
Yuvalim Group Ltd.
Alami Igal & Co. Ltd.
The Israel Canada Group
Lenox Investments Ltd.
Yesodot Migdal Association – Migdal Ha’Emek
Chartered Holdings LTD
Red Hat Inc.
Levinstein Properties Ltd.
eToro Group Ltd.
Tosca Services, LLC
1-800 contacts Inc.
Hellman & Friedman
- Advising Pfizer on the tax aspects of the spinoff of its Upjohn business and its subsequent combination with Mylan N.V.
- Advising 1-800 Contacts Inc. on the tax aspects of its acquisition of 6 Over 6.
- Advised Red Hat Inc. on the Israeli tax matters related to its sale to IBM.
S. Horowitz & Co has proven expertise in real estate tax, transfer pricing and the applicability of double taxation treaties. It also has an established corporate tax practice that deals with the tax structuring of various transactions, including M&A and investments. Leor Nouman advises a diverse range of clients on all areas of corporate, partnership and individual taxation. Associate Zmira Joseph Arbel stands out for her expertise in corporate tax, tax structuring for high-net-worth individuals and employment compensation matters.
Other key lawyers:
Zmira Joseph Arbel
‘Leor Nouman and the wider team make taxation fun. He is the most dedicated lawyer I know.’
The Israel Electric Corporation
Paz Oil Company
Flying Cargo Group
- Representing Veolia Group in discussions with the ITA regarding various tax aspects of the sale of Veolia’s entire Israeli business activity to a Luxembourg resident corporation, which is part of the Oaktree Capital investment group.
- Advising Perrigo on several different tax matters, including tax discussions with the ITA with respect to various development, manufacturing and commercialisation agreements, licensing agreements and settlement agreements.
- Advised Qualitest on the tax aspects of its purchase of shares in AlgoTrace.
Tulchinsky Marciano Cohen Levitski & Co. is best known for advising its clients on the tax aspects of M&A transactions and investments. Its broader offering includes handling tax disputes and advising on hi-tech and venture capital tax matters. Certified public accountant Isaac Marciano's primary expertise resides in contentious and non-contentious corporate tax. In early 2021, Doron Stern left the firm.
Other key lawyers:
Elad Mirvis; Yoni Estraicher; Aaron Shaw
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Jerusalem Venture Partners
U.S. Venture Partners
The Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Foundation and The Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Development Corporation Ltd.
Advanced Vision Technology
The Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University
- Representing Teva Pharmaceutical Industries in proceedings against the ITA relating to the taxation of a transfer of shares from a subsidiary of Teva to the parent company.
- Advising Orbotech on the tax aspects of various major transactions, including the $3.4bn deal in which it was acquired by KLA-Tencor.
- Advising Jerusalem Venture Partners on the tax aspects of structural and transactional matters, and representing the fund in disputes regarding various tax issues.
Yaron-Eldar, Paller, Schwartz & Co. Law Offices is a boutique tax practice with particular expertise handling tax matters before the ITA. Additional areas of strength include representing clients in customs negotiations regarding imports and exports, and advising fintech companies on a multitude of tax issues. Tali Yaron-Eldar, who previously acted as the Income Tax Commissioner at the ITA, is involved in shaping policy developments in the field of tax law. Gilad Ben-Ami has notable experience in international tax planning and structuring.
Tali Yaron-Eldar; Gilad Ben-Ami; Rany Schwartz; Roy Paller; Yossi Baruch
Isarmko Negev 2
Israeli Sailing Schools association
Ahava Dead Sea Corp.
ADERZ MEDIA LTD
INX Limited (“INX”)
Kochav Ole (NGO)
Hapoel Kiriat Shmona (NGO)
Hapoel Haifa (NGO)
- Advising Flo Live on developing a tax-efficient worldwide structure for its operations.
- Advising Isramco Negev 2 LP regarding tax assessments which were issued to the client by the ITA in respect of recognition of income and tax assessments regarding the classification of income at the hand of the interest holders.
- Advising INX Limited on setting up a cryptocurrency market exchange, and additionally in relation to all fields of international taxation in which the company may be liable.
Yigal Arnon & Co focuses primarily on the tax structuring of M&A transactions and tax planning for high-net-worth individuals, which includes handling negotiations before the ITA. Its additional areas of expertise include transfer pricing, venture capital fund formation and international employee stock option plans. Ofir Levy, who previously served as the head of the International Taxation Department of the Israeli tax administration, specialises in creating tax-efficient transaction structures for his clients. Eran Lempert predominantly handles audits and other tax disputes.
Ofir Levy; Eran Lempert
‘The practice works well with in-house peers who may not be privy to how Israeli tax law works, and the impact these laws have on a particular deal.’
‘Eran Lempert was the attorney we worked with and his expertise in Israeli tax law was exceptional.’
‘The tax team at Yigal Arnon is great to work with, they are very professional with extensive knowledge while having a very practical approach.’
‘Eran Lempert is a great guy, an exceptional tax practitioner and has a impressive and broad knowledge and understanding of various tax systems while staying practical in his advice.’
PayPal Holdings, Inc.
Quotient Technology Inc.
IBM International Group B.V.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
General Electric Lighting
- Advised Intel on all Israeli tax issues relating to the acquisition of Habana Labs Ltd.
- Assisting a high-net-worth Israeli and Canadian citizen with tax planning and preparing reports to the ITA.
- Advised Quotient Technology on the tax aspects of its leading data and media activation company Ubimo.
Yossi Elisha Calderon & Co.
Yossi Elisha Calderon & Co.'s team specialises in corporate tax, including advising on the tax issues relating to M&A, debt restructuring, fund and trust structuring, and drafting option plans for employees. Among the firm's standout matters, it is currently advising Elezra Holdings and its subsidiaries on the tax aspects of numerous transactions with a cumulative value of approximately NIS1bn. Yossi Elisha represents clients before the ITA in relation to all of their corporate tax issues, including VAT, income tax and real estate tax matters. Benny Calderon is also highly experienced in tax litigation.
Yossi Elisha; Benny Calderon
Other key lawyers:
Danielle Gabbay Ben Zeev; Yarden Avidani-Akirav
Elco Group and the Electra Group
Ashdod Port Company
Elezra Holdings LTD.
Almog Yam Suf Real Estate
Gindi Holdings Ltd.
UMI Group (Avis etc.)
Administrator General And Official Receiver
Ashkelon Municipality and Economic Company
Ashdod Municipality Ramat Gan Municipality
Sella Capital Real Estate Ltd.
Ampa Real Estate
The Institute of Tax Consultants in Israel
Iskoor Metals & Steels Ltd
- Advising Elco Group and its subsidiaries on all tax aspects of deals estimated to be worth over NIS3.5bn in total.
- Advising Elezra Holdings and its subsidiaries, Hachshara Insurance Company, Afridar and Albar, in relation to ongoing tax consultation and representation.
- Advising The Allied Group regarding all tax-related aspects of its business activity.
Ziv Sharon & Co. Law Office predominantly advises clients in relation to the tax aspects of M&A; however, the team is also known for representing clients in complex tax disputes, including class actions and pro bono cases. Of particular note, the firm successfully represented a group of 500 companies in a class action against the Israel Land Authority, the Ministry of Construction and Housing and the ITA, regarding the refund of VAT charged in excess from various entities over a seven-year period. Ziv Sharon leads the team and remains highly active in the field of corporate tax.
Other key lawyers:
Orit Koch; Yoad Frankel; Sharon Paar; Yael Bochnik
‘Very good service, availability and professionalism.’
Mr. Shlomo Nechama
MedOne – Med Nautilus – Israel
Egged Israel Transport Cooperative Society
BIG Shopping Centers
- Represented a group of 500 companies, including a dozen public companies, in a class action certification against the Israel Land Authority, the Ministry of Construction and Housing and the ITA, claiming the refund of value-added taxes charged in excess from entities that won tender bids issued and managed by the ILA in the past seven years.
- Advised and represented Mr. Shlomo Nechama (former CEO of Arison Investments) in a dispute with the ITA regarding whether he is entitled to an exemption from land appreciation tax.
- Represented a businessman in a dispute regarding the tax implications arising from arbitration proceedings with the government of Egypt following the explosion of the gas pipeline between Israel and Egypt.
Eitan Mehulal Sadot, Advocates & Patent Attorneys specialises in tax disputes, ranging from appeals on behalf of high-net-worth individuals to applications for corporate tax benefits. Noa Lev Goldstein, who previously held a senior position at the ITA, stands out for having represented several clients in precedent-setting Supreme Court cases relating to Israel's tax regime. Yaron Mehulal often advises international corporations on tax structuring.
Noa Lev Goldstein
Other key lawyers:
Gross Law Firm – GKH assists a broad range of clients, including multinationals, start-ups and private equity funds, with the tax aspects of corporate transactions. In addition, the team advises high-net-worth individuals on tax planning matters and assists companies with issues relating to executive compensation and employee benefits programmes. Oren Biran handles various transactional and contentious tax matters.
Other key lawyers:
Moti Balilti; Shay Fahima
Ribbon Communications LLC
Insight Ventures Partners
Jupiter Topco Limited
Tabit Technologies Ltd.
Nokia Ventures, L.P
Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners
State of Mind Ventures II LP
Egged Transportation Ltd.
Accelmed Partners II, L.P.
- Advising Insight Partners on the tax aspects of multiple investments and purchases of Israeli companies, including the acquisition of Armis Security for $1bn.
- Advised Ribbon Communications on the purchase of ECI Telecom for approximately $400m and all related tax matters.
- Represented Riskified in a precedent-setting tax ruling regarding its investments in Israel.
Dr. M. Druker & Co. - Advocates & Notaries' expertise in corporate tax structuring is supplemented by its strength in trust structuring and complex voluntary disclosure processes involving foreign and domestic clients. Its standout work over the last year includes advising Bezeq on the tax aspects of the sale of its call centres. Certified public accountant Moshe Druker, who holds a PhD in economics, is often involved in advancing important regulatory reforms in the field of tax law.
Other key lawyers:
Ori Druker; Eyal Tzidkiyahu; Miki Michaelovits; Israel Mandel
‘They provide advice assertively and proactively yet with a positive attitude.’
‘Very keen to deliver, innovative, professional, strong networks and individual relationships.’
Dan Gertler International Group
Max Stern Yezreel Valley College
Itzik Tshuva Group Ltd. and The Shechter Group
- Advising Dan Gertler International on various tax issues, including with regards to the Fleurette Group, one of the first private investors in the Democratic Republic of Congo, with over $1.5bn of direct investments.
- Advising a BVI-incorporated textile sourcing company with operations worldwide on the tax aspects of inherited shares.
- Advising an Israeli company on the tax aspects of its acquisition by a foreign company, in which all its shareholders are foreign residents.
Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz specialises in cross-border tax matters, providing its clients with the full range of tax advice in relation to their day-to-day activities and corporate and commercial arrangements. Although the firm's expertise covers numerous sectors, its work in the real estate industry is particularly prominent. Henriette Fuchs leads the practice and often works with certified public accountant Amit Zomer. The team was further strengthened with the arrival of senior associate Roy Grilak, who joined the team in May 2020 from BDO.
Other key lawyers:
Amit Zomer; Roy Grilak
‘Henriette Fuchs is smart, funny and a joy to work with. With Henriette on your side, you feel there is no problem that can’t be solved in a satisfactory manner.’
Alstom Transport SA
ISS Global A/S
Impresa Pizzarotti SarL
Lely Holdings Sarl
General Electric Digital Inc
Big Shopping Centers Ltd
GigaWatt Global Group Coop
Forever 21 Israel Ltd
Plasticon Europe BV
Wolverine Asset Management
Ocean Data Ltd
NFT Inc & NFT Ltd
Energiya Israel Ltd
- Advised Danish public company ISS regarding the tax and finance aspects of debt restructuring proceedings involving a NIS300m divestment of ISS’s shareholdings in Israel.
- Advising Salesforce regarding its overall tax strategy and tax issues in Israel, including matters pertaining to potential acquisitions and IP agreements.
- Advising Plasticon Europe BV on the tax structuring and reporting related to the construction of a fourth chimney at the power plant in Caesarea, on the Mediterranean Sea.
S. Friedman & Co. Advocates & Notaries displays particular strength in advising clients in the education, shipping and natural gas sectors in relation to various contentious and non-contentious tax matters, ranging from M&A tax structuring to VAT and income tax matters. Doron Schweppe remains highly active on various mandates, including tax matters in the higher education sector. Ifat Minzer-Koll is best known for representing clients in proceedings before the ITA.
Doron Schweppe; Ifat Minzer-Koll
Other key lawyers:
‘Doron Schweppe saved us several times in VAT payments. His knowledge is recognised and respected by many others in the private and public sector.’
Weizmann Institute of Science
University of Haifa
Tel Aviv University
Association of University Heads
Palram Industries (1990) Ltd.
Total Upgrade Enterprise Ltd.
Summit Real Estate Holdings Ltd.
Mount Hermon Ltd.
The Israeli Coins and Medals Corporation
MSC Shipping co.
Zim Integrated Shipping Services Ltd.
Israel Shipyards Ltd.
Klil Industries Ltd.
Rada Electronic Industries Ltd.
Aviv Real Estate Initiative and Management Company Ltd.
Petroleum & Energy Infrastructures Ltd.
Maccabi Haifa Basketball Team
- Advising the University of Haifa on international VAT issues regarding payments made to foreign service providers.
- Advised Summit Real Estate Holdings on the tax aspects of a complex transaction for the purchase of shares worth hundreds of millions of dollars in real estate associations.
- Represented Petroleum & Energy Infrastructures Ltd in its appeal against income tax assessments in the amount of hundreds of millions of dollars.
Shibolet & Co. shows notable strength in cross-border strategic tax planning, corporate tax and VAT. It is also well known for its experience of advising clients on voluntary disclosure procedures and civil and criminal tax litigation. Certified public accountant Miri Bickel is well versed in all areas of international corporate tax and demonstrates a strong understanding of the tax issues facing fintech clients. Benny Kalifi is also a prominent figure in the field of international tax law.
Miri Bickel; Benny Kalifi
Other key lawyers:
Doron Mutai; Vered Meller; Ibrahmin Atrash
‘Professional depth combined with practical experience across a broad range of tax-related aspects of transactions enables the group to offer clients an efficient service.’
‘Miri Bickel is a true expert in multiple areas of corporate tax.’
‘Vered Meller is professional, very attentive and has close ties to tax attorneys in relevant jurisdictions, which helps tremendously with supporting a multi-jurisdiction endeavour like ours.’
Quata Services Inc.
Trendlines Incubators Israel Ltd.
Malca Amit Ltd
Poalim Capital Market
Ernst & Young
Shtainmetz Aminoach & Co
Ultra Information Solutions
Finova Capital Fund
General Motors Israel
The Trendlines Group Ltd.
Silicon Valley Bank
- Advised Priortech Ltd. and Camtek Ltd. on the tax aspects of the complex sale of 20% of Camtek’s share capital to Chroma ATE for a total amount of $74.3m, while entering into a joint control agreement between Priortech and Chroma.
- Advised GameFly Inc. in relation to the tax aspects of the $40m acquisition of its cloud gaming and streaming business by computer gaming giant Electronic Arts Inc.
- Advised RDD Pharma on tax matters in connection with a complex merger with Innovate Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.