Real estate and construction in Israel
Fischer Behar Chen Well Orion & Co handles a substantial volume of real estate transactions in Israel for the country's major public and private companies, spanning land and property purchases, commercial leasing, financing transactions, option transactions and construction licensing and building permits. Amir Chen leads on the majority of the firm's instructions, including a recent matter in which he advised Amot Investments on the purchase of Unilever Building at Airport City, comprising 15,000sqm of land, through a lease agreement set for a minimum of ten years. Omri Shilo is another key name and senior associate Moran Rabbia-Perera is also noted.
Savyon Offices & Commercial Partnership
S.S.D Real Estate Development and Entrepreneurship Ltd.
Tama 38 Company to strengthen structures Israel Ltd.
The Jewish Agency
Acro Real Estate Ltd.
Alami Igal & Co Ltd.
Amot Investments Ltd.
B.S.R Engineering and Development Ltd.
Carmel Mizrahi Ltd.
Clal Industries Ltd.
Clal Insurance Company Ltd.
Gazit Globe Israel Ltd.
Israel Roads (Netivei Israel)
Lodzia Rotex Investments Ltd.
Menora Mivtachim Insurance Ltd.
Nesher – Israeli Cement Enterprises Ltd
Phoenix Insurance Company Ltd.
Reit 1 Ltd.
Shikun & Binui Real Estate Ltd.
Sonol Israel Ltd
Talshir Group Ltd.
Tidhar Construction Ltd.
Yitzik Tshuva Group
Yedioth Ahronoth Ltd.
Z.F. Construction Company Ltd.
- Advised Clal Insurance and an affiliate on an agreement with Tidhar Group and the Waxman Group, Govrin Geva, pursuant to which it undertook to initiate a new urban building plan, to construct a 16-storey office building.
- Acted for Reit 1 on various transactions, including the acquisition of a NIS55m public parking garage located on the basement floors of the BSR 3 and BSR 4 towers in Bnei Brak, which includes 277 parking spaces and a warehouse.
- Assisted Amot Investments with various transactions totalling approximately NIS1bn, including the acquisition of the central logistics centre at Unilever Building at Airport City for NIS106m, which was subsequently leased to Unilever for a period of ten years with options for extending up to 24 years.
Goldfarb Seligman & Co. is well known for its expertise advising entrepreneurs on residential property matters and income-yielding real estate, where Ari Wechsler has considerable experience. The group's broader offering includes advising on real estate investments in Israel and overseas, and assisting with major urban renewal projects, as well as handling property, betterment and development tax proceedings and land expropriation cases. Avi Arad, Levy Amitay and Wechsler are advising Canada Israel Group on all of its real estate transactions in Israel, including an agreement with Wix.com to build a 50,000sqm campus, valued at NIS1.5bn. Arad is notable for his frequent involvement in Tama 38 projects and various other urban renewal projects.
Property and Building Group
Canada Israel Group
Azrieli Group Ltd.
Neve Gad Ltd.
Bayside Land Corporation Ltd.
Azorim Investments in Development and Construction Company Ltd.
Electra Real Estate Ltd.
Google (including Waze).
Dell EMC Corporation
PBEL Property Development (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Menivim – The New REIT Ltd.
Dan Public Transportation Co Ltd.
A.M.D. Real Estate Development & Investment Ltd.
The Elad Group
GF Real Estate Group
Profimex Real Estate Management Ltd.
The Arison Group
Bank Hapoalim B.M
- Advising various international companies, including Google (including Waze) and Dell EMC Corporation, on establishing, leasing and expanding their office space in Israel.
- Acting for Bayside Land Corporation Ltd. (“Gav Yam”) on its real estate activities.
- Assisting Canada Israel Group with the acquisition of an office building located in Wembley, London, (the Wembley Towers project).
Gornitzky & Co. acts for corporations, developers and investors in project disputes with counterparties, disputes with the authorities regarding registration issues and on tax matters, land negotiations, sales and purchases, urban renewal projects and loan and financing agreements. Shlomo Cohen is leading advice to Shikun and Binui Real Estate Group on a wide range of matters, including a joint transaction with another leading real estate group in the Israeli market to launch a demolition and reconstruction project comprising approximately 1,700 residential units. Eyal Marom acts for major construction companies on land acquisition transactions, development transactions, zoning and planning negotiations and commercial and residential real estate projects. Lior Relevy is notable for real estate finance and large-scale urban renewal projects.
‘The team is very professional, caring and pleasant to work with. Both the degree of professionalism and the quality of the services provided set the firm apart from its competitors.‘
‘The team understands the real estate market very well and provides a consistently strong service.’
Melisron Ltd. Group
Shikun and Binui Real Estate Ltd. Group
IDB Group; Property and Building Corp. (PBC), Gav-Yam Land Ltd.
Vitania Ltd.; Vitania ‘s subsidiaries; Vitania’s shareholders SGS Building Company Ltd.
The Zeitouni Group (specifically A. Zeitouni Buildings Ltd.) and Moshe and Yigal Gindi Projects Ltd.;
Tzin Building 2006 Ltd.
Meshulam Levinstein Contracting & Engineering Group Ltd.
Kedar Mivnim Ltd.
Shomrei Emunim Ltd
Private individual landowners.
Dan Public Transportation Ltd. and its subsidiaries; A M D Real Estate Development & Investment Ltd.
Bank Mizrahi Tefahot
The First International Bank of Israel.
Amdocs (Israel) Ltd.
SGS Building Co. Ltd.
Urban Land Har Meron 1-3 Ltd.
Manor MNI Ltd.
Schlein Consultation and Entrepreneurship in Real Estate Bat Yam Ltd.
BAR YEHUDA 4 BAT YAM TAMA 38 LTD.
Kidmat Ganim Ltd.
Kedar Buildings Ltd.;
BIG-MAG Savyon Ltd.
- Acting for Melisron on all matters related to its retail properties (lease agreements, management contracts, municipal issues, securitisations, loan agreements, and more), as well as on capital matters including the issuance of bonds.
- Handled various real estate acquisitions for Shikun & Binui Group.
- Assisting the Ofer Investments Group and its subsidiaries with ongoing matters related to its various properties and various transactions.
Hamburger Evron & Co. Law Offices & Notaries is regularly engaged by banks and real estate companies to handle project financing transactions. It also has expertise in real estate-related taxation, where it represents clients before the authorities, and also handles real estate and infrastructure developments. Miriam Donin-Shoob is highly respected for her close relationships with local government bodies and tax authorities; she acts for entrepreneurs and developers. Practice head Dor Shacham has key expertise in evacuation-reconstruction projects and other urban renewal initiatives. Amnon Sorek is also noted.
Kardan Real Estate Ltd.
Shikun & Binui Real Estate Development
Joint Venture of Shikun & Binui and The Meshulam Levinstein Group
Rubinstein Avraham & Co. Building Co. Ltd.
Zilbermintz and Son Ltd.
Plan 3700 Tel Aviv – representation of the Pozailov Family, Shikun&Binui, and hundreds of private real estate owners in the north-west of Tel Aviv
Bereshit Daniel Real Estate Towers Ltd.
Horkanus Commercial Center Ltd. and Ker-pri Ltd.
‘Hof Hatchelet’ plan
Representation of landowners in the ‘Sde-Dov’ airport evacuation
Ayalon Holdings Ltd.
Yossi Avrahami Civil Engineering Works Ltd.
B. KIMA INVESTMENTS LTD
The Yaniv Family (private entrepreneurs)
- Assisting Kardan Real Estate with real estate planning and construction matters.
- Advising Shikun & Binui Real Estate Development on construction projects.
- Acting for Rotem Shani on all of its real estate activities in Israel.
The real estate and construction department at Herzog Fox & Neeman acts for developers, builders, private landowners and property owners. It has expertise in all forms of municipal taxation, which is supplemented by its strength in urban renewal projects, construction tenders and projects, international real estate investments and the sale and purchase of commercial and residential properties. Moshe Hardi, who specialises in advising Israeli entrepreneurs on all aspects of planning, construction and promoting commercial projects, jointly heads the team with Ariel Flavian. Hardi and Aviv Parienty are advising Wix on a lease agreement for the construction of the company's 50,000m2 campus in Tel Aviv, valued at NIS2bn.
Reality Investment Fund
Gazit Globe Israel Group
Harel Insurance, Phoenix Insurance Company
Menora Mivtachim Insurance Ltd.
Ganei Ben Zvi Ltd.
Tsirelson Tel Aviv
Zohar/Jabotinsky Ramat Gan
Yehuda Hayamit Tel Aviv
Florentine Tel Aviv
North Tel Aviv
Yelin Lapidot Ltd.
Vishay Advanced Technologies Ltd.
Assuta Medical Centers
Litav Dizengoff Investments
Rotshtein Real Estate Ltd.
Rotshtein Urban Redevelopment Ltd.
Yuvalim Investments and Properties Ltd.
Phoenix Insurance Company Ltd.
Tzifha International Ltd.
- Advised Reality Investment Fund III on the purchase of a building known as Hachsharat Hayeshuv.
- Acted for Reality Investment Fund II and Reality Co-Investment Neve Ilan on the sale of their rights in the Communication Complex in Neve Ilan.
- Assisting Litav Dizengoff Investments with a combination agreement for the planning and construction of a commercial and residential tower in Tel Aviv.
Yigal Arnon & Co's real estate and construction group is very active in finance transactions and urban renewal projects - predominantly Pinui Binui and Tama 38 developments. It acts for developers, investors and other participants throughout all stages of the planning and construction process involving residential and commercial units. The group also handles litigation relating to damage tort actions, betterment levy disputes and criminal proceedings involving clients engaged in construction projects. Hagit Bavly handles the full spectrum of commercial real estate transactions. Other key names include Amalia Meshi, Asaf Eylon and Adam Spruch.
Other key lawyers:
Azrieli Group Ltd.
Azorim Investment Development and Construction Ltd.
Azorim Construction (1965)
Rassco (Rural and Suburban Settlement Company)
Idit Properties Limited Partnership
Duran Shivat Zion Ltd.
Eldar Investments Ltd.
Apartment for Rent
Israel Discount Bank (IDB)
The Jewish Agency
- Advised Azrieli Group and its affiliates on real estate transactions, projects, and planning and construction matters including expansion of the Azrieli commercial centre, the purchase of premises of approximately 3.4 dunams and the establishment of a number of large and significant senior housing facilities for the elderly (nursing homes).
- Advising Idit Properties Limited Partnership on a $2bn project in the centre of Tel Aviv to reconstruct Atarim Square and erect three new towers comprising 340 apartments, 600 hotel rooms and 5,000sqm of public space.
- Assisted Unilever Group with the sale of its Airport City offices to the Amot Investments Group and then with signing a long-term rental agreement of said offices.
Agmon & Co. Rosenberg Hacohen & Co.
Agmon & Co. Rosenberg Hacohen & Co. has particular expertise in real estate transactions in the energy and transportation sectors, where it handles all aspects from planning through to construction. The firm is also active in a wide array of commercial, residential and hotel projects, predominantly in Jerusalem, and regularly represents local authorities and municipalities in planning, zoning and construction proceedings. Ishai Itsikovich is well known for his knowledge of Pinui Binui and Tama 38 urban renewal projects. Avi Porten is able to draw on his previous experience as a former head of the Planning and Building Department in The Interior Ministry and a legal adviser to several government committees in the real estate sector. Israel Attar is also noted.
The Caesarea Corporation and the Rothschild Foundation
Machane Yehuda Kiah Real Estate Ltd.
Vaad Mishtaknei Ahisamach (the “Company”)
Jerusalem Estates at Schneller
Nitsba Holdings 1995 Ltd.
Tree of Life City Market Residency / Faust Family
THE MLK JERUSALEM HOTEL AND SUITES COMPANY LTD
Rehavia Windmill Ltd.
- Advised Machane Yehuda Kiah Real Estate on purchasing rights in the Kiah complex, situated in a prime location in Jerusalem and spanning over 15,000 square meters.
- Acted for the Caesarea Corporation on the planning and selling of land to add more than 3,500 apartments in the town of Or Akiva for approximately $1.5bn.
- Advising Balilius family on a development project for the construction of a mixed residential and commercial complex.
Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co. Advocates and Notary acts for domestic and international clients, including major banks and corporations, on residential, commercial and hospitality projects in Israel and overseas, including urban renewal projects and NOP 38 projects. On the contentious side, the firm handles litigation before zoning and planning committees and administrative courts regarding issues including property expropriations and betterment levies. Anat Sterenlib-Molkho's expertise encompasses project financing, large-scale residential construction projects and yield-bearing properties. Moshe Matalon and Eldad Koresh are other key names. Avishai Sahar and Jonathan Tessone were promoted to the partnership in 2019.
REIT 1 Ltd.
Tidhar Group Ltd.
Clal Insurance Ltd.
Acro Real Estate Group
Aura Israel – Initiating &Investments Ltd.
Union Properties Ltd.
Mizrahi Tefahot Bank Ltd.,
Israel Discount Bank Ltd.
Bank Hapoalim Ltd.
Aka Real Estate
Airport City Belgrade
Edmond De Rothschild Private Equity
Selina Holding Company S.E.
Venn 2014 Ltd.
B.W.B Madaph 20 Ltd.
Country On The Sea Ltd.
Bar Kokhba 12 Partners Ltd.
Gaia-Geva Holdings Initiating and Engineering Ltd.
S.Y. Govrin Consulting & Investments Ltd.
The Phoenix Investment and Finances Ltd.
Selina Operations Israel Ltd.
Israeli Military Industries (IMI)
Efraim Rogovin Ltd.
- Advising Selina Operations Israel on three long-term lease agreements having an aggregate value of $84m.
- Acting for Selina on its international formation and operating its hostels in Europe.
- Assisting Tidhar Group and the Mivne Industries with the acquisition and construction of a building project in Tel Aviv, which will cover over 100,000sqm in total and comprise two high-rise residential buildings and two office towers.
The real estate and construction practice at Goldman, Erlich, Edelstein, Avigad & Co. handles major real estate transactions, including mixed-use developments, residential and commercial projects. It is able to draw on the firm's wider expertise in tax, urban renewal, planning and private wealth to advise on all aspects of client's real estate dealings. Practice head Amitai Erlich's work includes advising clients on real estate investments in Europe and acting for entrepreneurs operating abroad and foreign residents with assets in Israel.
‘The team provides around the clock availability for any matter, as well as uncompromising care and personal treatment.’
Caesarea Investments Ltd and the Nassimi family
Azorim Construction Company
Yigal & Moshe Gindi, Mr. AviZeitouni
Issta Lines Group
Yitzhak Ofer Construction and Development Company Ltd.
David Shahar and Sons Ltd.
- Handling various multi-billion-shekel real estate development projects for Azorim and Canadian billionaire Hershey Friedman.
- Advising the Nassimi Family and Caesarea Investments on a series of major real estate projects, including one in Ramat Aviv to develop ten residential buildings containing 400 units with an estimated cost of NIS2bn and a mixed-use project in Jaffa.
- Advising Residor, an entrepreneurial real estate company, on several ongoing multi-billion-shekel developments, including acting for the company’s management team directly.
M. Firon & Co Advocates and Notaries's real estate practice is particularly invested in all forms of urban renewal projects (NOP 38/1, NOP 38/2 and eviction-construction projects). It also handles large-scale government-led projects and residential property developments, in addition to advising real estate investment funds on commercial and residential projects and infrastructure projects. Tamar Firon-Smorodinsky specialises in project finance and private-public infrastructure and construction projects. Itzhak Narkiss is active for clients involved in investing in projects outside of Israel particularly in Eastern Europe.
Other key lawyers:
‘We have been working with M. Firon for several years in respect of a grand national project called “Apartment for Rent”, which offers suitable and relatively cheap accommodation primarily to young families. The work is very intense and comprises several projects simultaneously, including tender law issues, financial matters, commercial matters, contracts and so on. The team does all of the work gracefully, professionally, amicably, punctually and in a cost effective manner.’
‘The great advantage of the firm is the fact it acts as a one-stop-shop; we receive a professional response to any request.’
‘Tamar Firon-Smorodinsky has a great ability to mould the relevant agreement (whether financial or commercial) into a form uniquely appropriate for the project at hand.’
The inter-ministerial committee of the Israel Ministry of Finance, the Housing Ministry, the Israel Land Authority and Apartment for Rent – Government Housing Rent Company Ltd.
Isras Group – Rassco
Sigma City – management Ltd
- Advising Apartment for Rent – Government Housing Rent Company Ltd, the Ministry of Finance and the Housing Ministry on build-own-operate tenders for the design, construction, operation and financing of residential rental housing across Israel, handling a total of 29 projects at various different stages of development.
- Acting for Ashtrom Group on all stages of a very large commercial real estate project in Bnei – Brak (“LYFE”), which will include three towers designated for offices and commercial uses.
- Acted for Aviv Arlon on selling a large shopping mall in Panchevo, Serbia to the “Big” group for €39m.
Meitar Law Offices recently hired Carmit Bar-On and five members of her team from Yehuda Raveh & Co, bolstering the firm's real estate expertise in the hotel and leisure industries. The group handles transactions for investors and developers, including the financing aspects of real estate projects and the sale and acquisition of properties and land. It is also active in real estate-related litigation and arbitration proceedings before appeal committees, administrative courts and the Supreme Court. Hanni Avinery heads the practice. Alon Yoeli, Yoseph Cohen, Dana Peleg Slobodkin and Ofer Freilich are other key practitioners. Nir Lerer is the name to note at senior associate level.
Mercantil Discount Bank
Elad Israel Ltd.
Lagur Berama Initiation & Investments Ltd.
Delek Real Estate
- Advising Elad Israel Residences Ltd (Delek Group) on the sale of 550 residential units in the Park TLV project in Tel Aviv for $225m.
- Acted for Delek Group on a transaction to sell part of its rights in a building it owns in Herzliya to Fattal Hotels.
- Assisting Acro Real Estate with a high volume of developments, including a large-scale project to build luxury residential, office and commercial spaces in central Tel Aviv with an approximate cost of $1.1bn.
Shibolet & Co.'s real estate practice handles large-scale commercial and residential real estate projects - including those in the field of urban renewal - in Israel, Europe the US and Asia, where it acts for developers. On the contentious side, it represents clients before the Land Registry, Israel's Land Administration, the tax authorities and the planning and zoning authorities. Eran Balint regularly advises foreign companies, predominantly US corporates, on real estate investments in Israel. Yair Salomon is another key name.
Other key lawyers:
Ahuzat HaHof Ltd.
Azorim Investment Developement and Construction Ltd.
Bonei Hatichon Civil Engineering & Infrastructures Ltd
Clal Insurance Ltd.
Consortium of American Investors
Dirot Yokra Ltd.
Gindi holdings Ltd.
Gindi Ramat Hasharon Ltd.
Rozio (Lev Ha’Ir) Group
Minrav Projects (Minrav Holdings Ltd) (MNRV:TLV)
Mivnei Ta’asia & Mlacha Ltd (“M.T.M”)
Phonix Insurance Ltd.
The Municipality of Jerusalem
The Municipality of Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Assisting an academic institution with planning, development and construction of a new campus as part of a combination project in Tel Aviv; the project is in collaboration with Phoeniclass, which will build 450 apartments on the campus.
- Advising a consortium of US investors on a hybrid leisure and commercial project at Sun Bat Yam beach spanning 54,000sqm for a cost of $2.8bn.
- Acted for Gindi Holdings on an agreement to order construction services from Ashtrum for the construction of 1,400 residential units in Or Yehuda.
Tadmor Levy & Co
Tadmor Levy & Co acts for banks, urban renewal funds, constructors and developers, predominantly on major national urban renewal projects, as well as financing transactions, leasing agreements and residential and commercial projects. The group also advises managing boards on large-scale urban renewal projects. Practice head Sigal Shapira is highly active and has particular strength in assisting banks and financial institutions with large-scale loan agreements for infrastructure and real estate projects. Associate Doron Shacham is involved in a high volume of the firm's mandates and regularly advises foreign investors on their real estate activities in Israel.
‘The team do everything to solve the issue at hand in the most efficient manner possible, while still being incredibly attentive throughout the process. ‘
‘All members of the team we’ve worked with are experienced, efficient and creative thinkers.’
Friedman Chachshoori Engineering and Building Company Ltd.
JV of Y. H. Dimri Construction & Development Ltd. and Ophir Urban Renewal Group Ltd
Y.H. Dimri Ltd Construction and Development Ltd.
JV of Mishab Housing Construction & Development Ltd., the Mivney Ophir Group and Y.H. Dimri Construction & Development Ltd.
The Faire Fund II – Limited Partnership
JV of Y.H. Dimri Ltd Construction and Development Ltd and New Israel Land Development Ltd.
Avi Cranes Group Ltd.
Ophir Urban Renewal Group Ltd.
3 Tenants’ Committees
Max It Finance Ltd. (Formerly, Leumi Card)
Israel Discount Bank Ltd.
Bait ve Gag fund
Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG)
Association for the Well Being of Israel’s Soldiers (AWIS)
Assuta Medical Centers
Abu Yehiel- BUILDING COMPANY LTD. and KBE
Shaniv Paper Industries
Iskoor, Macsteel Global and other shareholders of Iskoor
Cal Auto Real Estate and Projects
Bank Leumi le-Israel LTD
Waves Audio Ltd
The Center for Education Technology (CET)
- Acting for Friedman Chachshoori Engineering and Building Company on a number of real estate matters, including the flagship Argazim Neighbourhood Project, a 30-acre project in South Tel Aviv.
- Advising the Y.H. Dimri Construction & Development and Ophir Urban Renewal Group on a joint venture (Pinui Binui project) to build 750 residential units in Petah Tikva.
- Assisting Bank Discount, one of Israel’s largest banks, with the real estate aspects of several large-scale complex projects.
Weksler, Bregman & Co., Advocates covers residential and commercial property matters, but is most frequently engaged by banks to advise on real estate financing and by private companies during the sale or purchase of property or land rights. The group also handles evacuation-construction projects, NOP 38 projects and litigation before regulatory bodies concerning real estate transactions and developments. Avi Ben-Yaacov, who represents clients throughout the entire lifespan of projects and has a specialism in real estate financing, is advising Africa Israel Residences on major financing and credit transactions, in addition to handling numerous Tama 38 and Pinui-Binui. Taly Salton-Yeshua is also noted.
Other key lawyers:
Africa Israel Residences Ltd.
AFI Properties Ltd.
Africa Israel Investments Ltd.
Leumi Bank Ltd
First International Bank of Israel Ltd (FIBI)
Massad Bank Ltd
Discount Bank Ltd
IGI Investments (Izaki Group – Renanot Enterprises and Investments Ltd)
- Advising Africa Israel Investments on the sale of its rights in part of the shopping center in Savyon, in total value of NIS59.75m.
- Assisting Leumi Bank of Israel with the sale of a property used for the central branch of the Bank on Yehuda Halevi St. and Herzl St. in Tel Aviv for total of NIS277m.
- Advising The First International Bank of Israel on financing transactions for construction loans and credit to real estate entrepreneurs and purchase groups in total value of tens of millions of NIS.
Drawing upon its complementary urban renewal, planning and zoning and municipal taxation practices, AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co predominantly advises clients on residential developments and urban renewal projects. It handles land purchasing agreements, funding arrangements and regulatory objections and appeals regarding planning permissions. Aharon Barda is part of a team advising Gindi Tower Tel Aviv on a project to build 1,540 residential housing units and a commercial area in central Tel Aviv. Amir Amar stands out for his experience in litigation regarding land claims, commercial disputes and administrative petitions under the Planning and Building Law. Omer Gadish is also noted. Eli Eshel was a new arrival in July 2020.
Gindi Investment Ltd.
Gindi Tower Tel Aviv Ltd.
Aura Israel Development and Investments Ltd.
The Phoenix Investment and Finance Ltd.
Sapir Industries Ltd.
Hanan Mor Holdings Group Ltd.
Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises Ltd.
Inhouse Real Estate
Eshkol Housing Ltd.
Saliah-Rothschild Financing & Investments Ltd.
- Advising Gindi Tower Tel Aviv on a project to build 1,540 residential housing units and a commercial area in central Tel Aviv.
- Assisting Aura Investments and its subsidiary Aura Israel Entrepreneurship and Investments with the sale of 217 residential units spread over eight buildings.
- Acting for The Israel Diamond Exchange on its project to promote a new city building plan and a rights petition at the Diamond Exchange complex.
Barnea Jaffa Lande & Co.'s real estate team advises developers and construction companies on large commercial, residential and infrastructure projects, including mixed-use developments and urban renewal initiatives. The firm is also well positioned to handle real estate finance transactions and represent clients in disputes, including land expropriations and breach of contract claims. Since joining the practice in 2019, Eldar Adato has significantly increased its presence in urban renewal and litigation, including civil cases involving partnership dissolution and evacuation-reconstruction projects. Maya Zisser is consistently engaged by a broad spectrum of clients to handles major residential and commercial projects. She represents Azriel Group in various real estate projects across Israel.
Other key lawyers:
Azrieli Group Ltd.
Israel Natural Gas Lines Ltd.
Neve-Sharet Tel Aviv
Sason Hogi Group
Mexico – Israel Development
Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM) is best known for real estate financing and its work in the hotel industry. It also acts for developers on urban renewal and residential property projects, as well as advising on the purchase or, to a lesser extent, sale of property holdings and commercial assets. Gilad Maoz's expertise spans commercial real estate transactions, development projects and real estate finance, whereas fellow practice head Erez Gurion specialises in the sale and acquisition of land and also provides banks and investors with advice on project financing in Israel.
‘The firm’s real estate practice is very unique since they specialize in real estate finance, particularly in the hotel industry. They are very familiar with a lot of financing entities, and they help us through the legal and commercial aspects.’
‘This practice is unique not only in terms of its professionalism but also in the way the team manage all aspects of transactions and identify the commercial issues involved.’
‘We mostly work with Erez Gurion who is very professional, well-respected and always gives you the feeling you are his most important client.’
Ruby Capital (Formerly Ruby Nadlan)
Gamla Harel Ltd. & Gamla Millennium Ltd.
The Weizman Family (The Owners of Grand City hotels chain in Europe)
The Brown Hotel Group (Luxurious boutique hotel chain)
Elad Hotels (As part of The Tshuva Group), Elad Israel Residential and Amtash Investments
The Mivneh Group
Ampa Real Estate Ltd. (part of Ampa Group)
United Sarona – purchase group of 550 individuals & companies
The City People
The Ohana Group
The Shoval Group
P.B. Pinui Binui Company Ltd.
Shandong Hi-Speed Group Co
Access Point (TFRG)
- Acting for real estate investment fund Ruby Capital on a number of significant transactions (across a variety of areas of urban renewal, zoning and re-zoning, real estate purchase groups, residential property projects etc).
- Acting for Maor Hotels on the acquisition of a hotel in Jerusalem and on the financing agreement with Discount Bank and Discount Capital.
- Advising Maor Hotels on purchasing the agricultural bank building in Tel Aviv, including corporation agreement with an investor and long-term lease contracts with Brown Hotels Group.
Gross, Kleinhendler, Hodak, Halevy, Greenberg, Shenhav & Co. handles a steady volume of residential and commercial projects for a broad array of international and domestic clients in the Israeli market, including entrepreneurs, luxury residential developers, land and property owners and financial institutions. Israel Aziel is very invested in evacuation and construction projects and has expertise in all types of real estate transactions as the lead partner in almost all of the firm's instructions in this area. He is advising Peretz Boney Hanegev throughout all stages of numerous residential construction projects, comprising over 1,000 units in total.
Aspen Group Ltd
Peretz Negev Builders
IDB Development Corporation Ltd
Sharbat Brothers Construction Company
Clal insurance company Ltd
Refael Nadlan (Refael Real Estate Group)
DTCP israel Ltd
Ramat Hasharon Municipality
Leumi partners LtdLEUMI
Shikun & Binui – Solel Boneh – Infrastructure Ltd
Bat Yam Municipality
Keren Kayemet LeIisrael Jewish National Fund (KKL-JNF)
Calcalit Jerusalem/Jerusalem Economic Company (of the Mivne Group)
Mivney Taasia (of the Mivne Group)
Zohar & Zafrir Sharbat Ltd.
Wolfson Clore Mayer Corp. Ltd.
The Rashi Foundation
Ezra I.R. Bros. Building Co. Ltd.
Schlesinger Group – Ashdod Bonded Ltd
Arkin Investments Ltd.
Harel Insurance Company – Investment Division
S.I.E. Ashkelon Ltd.
Grofit Construction Ltd.
Hartland Israeli Entrepreneurs
A.Y.O.Z Yesodot Eitanim (2014) Ltd
Levi Goder Construction Co.
Ayala Real Estate
- Advising O.Z. Yesodot Eitanim Construction on real estate purchase and construction projects for approximately 300 housing units in Pardes Hanna, Rehovot, and Rishon Lezion, and on shopping centre and gas station projects in Yad Mordechai and Nahal Oz.
- Assisted Refael Nadlan with negotiations and contract completion for multiple acquisitions throughout Israel.
- Advising Eran YD Initiation and Construction Group on residential projects, as well as for logistics centres, commercial and gas stations and urban renewal projects.
Lipa Meir & Co has a niche advising kibbutzim and moshavim leasing their land to the Israel Lands Administration for development purposes. It also acts on urban renewal projects, commercial and residential projects, sales and acquisitions and handles litigation concerning planning and zoning offences, appeals in regional committees and representation before the ILA. Yariv Shalom is advising Sufrin Group on a range of projects with an accumulative value of $621m, including a major joint venture with Kardan Group involving the construction of two residential towers in Tel Aviv comprising 100 residential units and 18 floors of commercial space. The group was bolstered by the arrival of three lawyers, including attorney Guy Meshulam, who specialises in Tama 38 projects.
Israel Postal Company
Psagot Real Estate Commercial Centers
Israel Discount Bank
Migdal Insurance Group
Clalit Health Services Ltd.
Mor Research Applications Ltd. Harel Insurance Group (Before Mor]
- Handling the management of all real estate properties of the Israeli Postal Company.
- Acting for Harel Insurance Group, one of Israel’s biggest insurance and financial companies, on all aspects of its real estate projects, as well as real estate transactions, planning and construction, and its dealings with the local municipalities.
- Advising Sufrin Group on a range of projects, including a major joint venture with Kardan Group involving the construction of two residential towers in Tel Aviv comprising 100 residential units and 18 floors of commercial space.
Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co. advises landowners, developers and tenants on residential property developments, including the sale of land and construction issues, in addition to assisting clients in the urban renewal space with Tama 38 projects. Other work includes joint venture agreements, shared ownership agreements and other arrangements between parties underpinning major developments. Shmuel Lechner frequently advises the Israeli Lands Authority on its commercial and residential projects; he also stands out for his experience handling administrative, municipal and planning and construction disputes. Moshe Elya is also noted.
Other key lawyers:
Jerusalem Economic Company
Amirey Zichron Yaacov
101 Rothschild project company
Yakuel Project company
34 private landowners (Muli Geller and others)
- Advised Azega on its NIS110m agreement to purchase 13,000 square metres of land in Jerusalem for commercial and office space.
- Assisting Jerusalem Economy with mixed-use projects in various locations across Israel, with a total value of NIS1.5bn.
- Acted for Gabay Group on its agreement with a group of landowners to set up a NIS200m office tower at the Diamond Exchange complex in Ramat Gan.
Nathan Meir & Co. Advocates
Nathan Meir & Co. Advocates advises clients on large commercial, residential and urban renewal projects, providing assistance with all types of critical transactions, including combination agreements and property sales and purchases. The firm's wider offering in real estate projects includes due diligence, planning and zoning and acting for clients in negotiations before the Israel Land Authority and other relevant agencies. Zvi Baranes specialises in real estate tax and commercial law. Gerson Rotschild is particularly well regarded for his work on projects involving the construction of municipal premises and public buildings. Eitan Rotschild's practice includes various types of real estate transactions, with a primary focus on the hospitality industry.
S. Biran & Co
S. Biran & Co acts for a diverse range of clients, including major construction companies, on large-scale commercial and residential projects, as well as urban renewal initiatives. Of particular note is the firm's significant work for landowner clients in construction projects, and its consistently high volume of re-zoning instructions. David Amid focuses predominantly on guiding clients through the planning and development phases of urban, rural and agricultural projects. Meir Porges' standout work includes advising Israel Ports Company on the construction of new ports.
Shapir Housing and Building Ltd
Blue Square Real Estate Ltd
Wholesale Market Company
Amot Investments Ltd.
Shikun & Binui
Clalit Health Services
Israel Ports – Development & Assets Company Ltd
Dor Alon Energy
Summit Real Estate Holdings
- Advised the landowner, Wholesale Market Company, on the construction of a neighbourhood comprising 2,300 housing units and a shopping mall in the heart of Tel Aviv.
- Acted for Tnuva on a high-value lease agreement of an office building in the city of Petah Tikva.
- Assisting Shapir, one of Israel’s largest industrial and infrastructure groups, with a range of projects and land purchases.
S. Friedman & Co. Advocates & Notaries predominantly acts for investors, contractors, developers and landowners, on the sale, purchase or lease of land for residential and commercial projects. Practice head Hadar Tal has particular expertise in construction and infrastructure projects, including the regulatory issues that arise in relation to planning and other aspects. Assaf Irony was promoted to partner in January 2019; he has notable strength handling planning and licensing procedures, betterment and tax compensation claims and advising throughout the course of urban renewal projects. Terry Almozlino-Arnon and Merav Gilboa are other names to note.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very kind and professional.‘
Shragawi entrepreneur and Constraction (SBC) Ltd. And Shragawi Leibowits Ltd.
K.M.A Ltd. / Liberty Ltd.
Matam Scientific Industries Center Haifa Ltd
Summit Mavki’im Limited Partnership
Amos Luzon Group, entrepreneur and Energy Ltd.
Dar Nofarim Ltd.
Y.B Ziv Construction and Properties Ltd. And Ram-Motzkin Ltd.
A.M Papushado Ltd.
Gav-Yam Land Corporation Ltd. (a subsidiary of Properties and Construction IDB)
Hayal Properties (1991) Ltd.
Hayal Properties and Investments Ltd.
Aleph AL Hayam Ltd.
The New Jaffa Towers (2016) Ltd.
Hadarom Container Terminal Ltd.
Almogim Holdings Ltd.
Zim Integrated Shipping Ltd.
Sharon & Nahav Ltd.
Misholim Entrepreneur and Construction Ltd
Common Sense Ltd.
S. Michelson Ltd.
B. Keren Assets (98) Ltd.
Holon Motors Ltd.
Shahaf Real Estate Ltd.
Lev Hmifratz Ltd.
Brosh Nir Ltd.
Liba Tower Development & Construction Ltd.
Hemdat HaAretz Real Estate Ltd.
Aspen Group Ltd.
Hakfar Hayarok IMO Levi Eshkol
- Advising Shagrawi Planning & Construction and Shagrawi Leibovitz on the sale of lots for DIY residential construction.
- Acting for K.M.A Holdings on a transaction involving the sale of a shopping mall.
- Assisting Matam Scientific Industries Centre Haifa with the establishment of a designated building and leasing the building in whole to Amazon.
S. Horowitz & Co's sizeable team acts for developers and rights holders on commercial and residential projects in Israel, including purchasing agreements concerning land and property holdings, financing arrangements and investments in real estate companies. Avigail Kastiel has broad expertise in urban renewals, infrastructure, power and energy projects. He is part of a team advising the rights holders on the joint development of a residential project that will include over 450 units in three luxury towards in Tel Aviv. Noa Glazer-Becher focuses on real estate joint ventures and the various corporate aspects of construction projects. Leor Nouman is also noted.
‘The service given is of the highest level. The first thing to point out is the uncompromising professionalism, coupled with the highest level of skill and competence, possessed by the team.’
‘Avigail Kastiel is a brilliant lawyer with a deep understanding of the market.‘
‘The S Horowitz team whom we work with have a deep knowledge both of all the relevant legal issues and of the business environment in which we operate.’
Kikar Hamedina landowners
Minrav Holdings Ltd (TASE: MNRV)
Megureit Israel Ltd (TASE: MGRT)
Minrav Projects Ltd. (TASE: MNPR)
Afcon Constructions Ltd. (TASE: AFHL)
Kan – Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation
Paz Oil Company (TASE: PZOL)
Bank Hapoalim Ltd. (TASE: POLI)
The Weizmann Institute of Science and the Weizmann Institute of Science Assets and Development (Mul Nof) Ltd.
Ofarom BaSharon Ltd.
Right Owners of property located in Shefer St, Tel Aviv
Shoval Management & Investments Ltd.
Readymix Industries (Israel) Ltd.
Hadassah the Women’s Zionist Organization of America (“HWZOA”)
Right Owners of property located at 31st Shabazi St , Tel Aviv
Liad Development and Holdings Ltd.
H. Meitar Ltd.
- Advising Minrav Engineering and Construction and Afcon Constructions on a project for the construction of Magen David Adom’s blood bank and logistics warehouse in Ramle.
- Acting for Mul Nof/The Weizmann Institute of Science on the purchase of 40% of the Weizmann Complex Park in Nes Ziona from the Africa Israel Group in excess of $400m and on projects to establish a residential neighbourhood for scientists from the Weizmann Institute on land owned by the Institute.
- Acting for Ofarim on a project for the construction of a hotel and a residential tower on the Netanya coast, with a value in excess of $800m.
Tulchinsky Stern Marciano Cohen Levitski & Co. is particularly active in acquisitions, disposals, property finance and planning and zoning matters for clients including developers, investors and large companies. Assaf Benmelech specialises in commercial real estate, where he often advises development funds on their investments. Galia Suesskind-Spiegel is very active in real estate sales, having led numerous agreements over the last year. Senior associate Liat Sass handles Tama 38 projects, combination transactions and commercial litigation relating to real estate projects.
Other key lawyers:
Migdero (Israel) Ltd.
Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP)
The Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Foundation
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NASDAQ: TEVA)
Advanced Vision Technology (AVT)
Ziv – Chen Hotels Ltd.
M.H. Abu Elaz Installations Ltd.
Nowhere Home Ltd.
Civan Advanced Technologies Ltd.
MUSA – Eretz Israel Museum Tel Aviv
- Advising Israeli investment company MIgdero on a number of real estate transactions.
- Acting for Jerusalem Venture Partners on real estate issues, including a multimillion-dollar perpetual lease of a historic building in Jerusalem.
- Advising the Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Foundation on multiple real estate-related issues.
Yehuda Raveh & Co.
Yehuda Raveh & Co.'s practice handles a wide range of transactions and contractual matters underpinning traditional real estate projects and urban renewal initiatives, including apartment sales, financing agreements, land purchase agreements and project tenders. The firm is also known for acting for clients during negotiations with planning and zoning authorities and in administrative appeals. Uri Yamin has a wealth of experience in every stage of real estate projects across Israel in key locations including Jerusalem, Bnei Brak and Tel Aviv.
The National Library building society Ltd.
Derech Eretz Highways Management Corporation
Alrov Properties and Lodgings Ltd
Hadassah Women U.S.A
KUD International, LLC
The Isras Group
The Jerusalem Development Authority
- Advised The National Library Building Society Ltd. on a project with an estimated cost of NIS1bn involving the planning and construction of a new compound.
- Acted for Derech Erets Highways Management Corporation on a NIS1.4bn project involving the development of a new road in Northern Israel.
- Advised Alrov Properties and Lodgings Ltd on a large mixed-use real estate project situated opposite the Jaffa Gate at the edge of the Old City.
Avraham Lalum & Co. Law Offices predominantly advises on residential property developments in Israel, handling land acquisitions and the sale of units, among other matters. The firm also assists with urban renewal projects, particularly Tama 38 projects. The group is acting for Azorim Investments and Green Park Enterprise and Construction on the development of 7,000 residential units, in addition to sports clubs, education facilities and commercial areas, in Afula. Avraham Lalum has 'boundless knowledge' and is a key name for legislative developments shaping urban renewal projects in Israel. Dalit Machtinger is also noted.
KDD Group Ukraine
Azorim Investments in Development and Construction Company Ltd.
EXON Capital Group LLC
Amidar, Israel National Housing Corp. Ltd
Israel Airports Authority
Eco City S.L Entrepreneurship and Construction Ltd.
R&M Investments Ltd.
K.B.Y. Holdings Ltd.
Mitspor Hatkufa Ltd.
Hakmoni TAMA 38 Lod Ltd.
Green Park Enterprise and Construction Ltd
Organization of Companies for TAMA 38 Earthquake Retrofit and Urban Renewal at the Israel Chamber of Commerce
Gilad Mor Real Estate Enterprise
Shaar Agay ltd
Elram Real Estate Group
Engel Bluch TLV Ltd.
- Acting for Exon group from the early stages of land acquisition and the sale of hundreds of residential and commercial units in Kiev, as part of the 50Avenue project.
- Assisting a client with an assisted living residence project on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea in Rishon Le’tzion.
- Advising Gamliel Group on a project in Hadar neighbourhood that will include a residential building comprising 15 floors and 90 residential units as well as a commercial floor.
Erdinast, Ben Nathan, Toledano & Co.'s real estate practice advises developers and international companies on urban renewal projects and commercial developments, as well as assisting banks with the acquisition, sale and development of land for residential and commercial purposes. Practice head Roy Harash leads on the majority of the firm's real estate transactions. He is advising Shikun & Binui on an urban renewal project in northern Tel Aviv comprising 70 residential units with an approximate value of $52m.
Other key lawyers:
Shikun & Binui Real Estate (“Shikun & Binui”)
Blue Square Real Estate Ltd
Almog Pinui Binui Ltd
Ben David Hertzel Group
Taavura Holdings Ltd.
Almog 38 Ltd
Asdan Israel Ltd.
Israel Discount Bank Ltd. (TASE: DSCT)
APAX Partners Ltd. (“APAX”) and AMI Opportunities Fund (“AMI”)
Shitrit Holdings LTD
Mr. Ron Itzhaki
The Management College
- Advising Israel Discount Bank on a range of real estate matters, including the sale of a beach in Jerusalem, Ramat Gan and the northern city of Kiryat Motzkin.
- Assisting Asdan Israel with real estate and construction matters concerning a project in Baka.
- Acting for Shikun & Binui Energy, part of Shikun & Binui Group, on the real estate aspects of a tender to purchase the first of five power plants owned by the Israel Electric Corporation.
ES Shimron, I Molho, Persky & Co advises clients on the sale and promotion of dunams, residential and commercial property, in addition to acting for NGOs submitting tender bids for housing projects and assisting developers throughout the process of construction projects. Orrin Persky's workload includes advising the US Government and the Federal Republic of Germany on various matters regarding diplomatic and consular facilities. David Shimron is the firm's go-to lawyer for civil and criminal litigation in various industries, including real estate. Gil Ephrati is involved in the promotion of several projects.
Other key lawyers:
Packer and Marcus Families
United States State Department and the United States General Consulate
UJA Federation of New York
Partners for Living Committee Charish
Partners for Living Committee Ramat Beit Shemesh Gimmel
Nofim – Tzur Hadassah
Henig Group – Maaleh Yerushalayim
Lev Mevasseret” Mevasseret Zion
Shaarei HaEmek Yerushlayim Ltd.
Triumph International Ltd.
Four Seasons Hotel
AVIS (Dan Rental Car)
Jerusalem Capital Studios Ltd (JCS)
Jerusalem International YMCA and YMCA USA
The Salesians of Don Bosco
- Advised the Packer and Marcus families on the sale of approximately 200-240 dunams and 1,000 residential units in the area of Kiryat Bialik.
- Acted for the Siruben company on the promotion of two building projects planned for a five dunam compound on Tel Aviv Port.
- Advised the successor of a 12-dunam compound in central Jerusalem, on the development of the compound.
Eshel, Ashlagi, Rozent - Law Offices's real estate team has a core focus on urban renewal projects, particularly projects falling under the government's new Mechir LaMishtaken programme. The group also regularly handles combination transactions and advises on all aspects of residential property projects, including land purchases, financing and building permit requests. Practice head Eli Eshel has a long track record of advising clients engaged in urban renewal projects and currently sits as a presidential member of the National Conference for Urban Renewal. Since publication, Eli Eshel joined AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co.
Other key lawyers:
Cnaan Group, Entrepreneurship and Urban Renewal Ltd.
Zohar and Zafrir Sharbat Group Ltd
Barak Lavi investments Ltd.
Maribu (1994) Ltd
Ligad investments and construction Ltd. Group.
Modiin 1 investments Ltd.
Arko Holdings Ldd.
Shoresh Real Estate
- Advising the developer on the construction of 160 apartments, offices and commercial properties in a Mechir LaMishtaken project located in Ramla.
- Acting for the developer on the construction of 376 apartments as part of a Mechir LaMishtaken project in Achisemech, Lod.
- Assisting Shoresh Real Estate and Entrepreneurs with establishing two purchase groups: one for the construction of 15 new apartments in Florentine neighbourhood in Tel Aviv, and the other for the construction ten new apartments and two shops in Florentine/Levinsky Market neighbourhood (Halutzim st.) in Tel Aviv.
Miller & Co. Law Office is particularly active in government led-projects, including Pinui-Binui and 'lease fast' projects, aimed at providing affordable and safe housing to citizens in Israel. The group also advises real estate companies on the construction and promotion of commercial projects and is regularly engaged in litigation concerning land ownership, malpractice claims, land expropriation and fraud in the real estate sector. 'Highly professional and knowledgeable' practice head Yossi Miller has particular expertise in planning and zoning advisory work and disputes.
Apartment for Rent – The Governmental Company
Minrav Projects ltd.
Industial Buildings Corproration Ltd. (“Mivney Taasia”).
Caesar Stone Ltd
Ayalon Insurance Company Ltd.
Levinstein Group Ltd.
Bar & Sons Construction & Development Ltd.
Amiad Water Systems LTD
Gaiger Assets and Investments Ltd.
LIRAM BUILDING & PROPERTIES LTD.
A.A Ofek Engineering Company Ltd.
Mishan Center Ltd. – The Tel Aviv Project
Mishan Center Ltd. Haifa
- Advising Apartments for Rent – The Governmental Company for Housing and Rental on all matters related to land tax issues relevant to its primary project named “lease fast”, which will include 2,000 housing units and is financed by the Israeli government.
- Acting for Minrav on an urban renewal project in Haifa, which includes 720 new apartment units in six buildings, a commercial centre and underground parking.
- Representing Salim Khayat Brothers in a land ownership case.
Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz frequently handles real estate sales, acquisitions and assists with submissions concerning affordable housing bids. In addition, the team advises clients on all aspects of evacuation-reconstruction projects, and medium to large-scale commercial projects. Benjamin Baratz has considerable expertise in litigation proceedings, in addition to extensive knowledge of asset sales, and mixed-use real estate projects. Sagit Shahmoon advises construction companies, developers and entrepreneurs on construction agreements, secured lending, land registration and combination deals.
Other key lawyers:
A.I America Israel Investment Ltd.
Etz HaShaked Ltd.
BST Construction Ltd.
Reich – Shahar Ltd.
Luzon A. Assets & Investments Ltd.
BLD Group Real-Estate Ltd.
Wynn Rothschild Ltd.
Ramot Office Ltd.
- Advised Wynn Rothschild on the acquisition of a property in Rothschild Boulevard for a luxury apartment development project.
- Acted for BST Construction on a NIS350m bid for 220 apartments in an affordable housing scheme.
- Assisted A.I. America Israel Investment and Etz HaShaked with a NIS201m bid for an affordable housing scheme.