Hi-tech and start-ups in Israel
A full-service firm with top-tier strengths in a range of legal disciplines, Fischer Behar Chen Well Orion & Co has 'a very professional team of experts' for every legal issue faced by clients in the hi-tech sector. The team acts for VCs and a litany of Israeli start-ups in a variety of sub-sectors, and also has a proven track record in high-profile exit transactions both in international M&A and in capital markets. The practice group is jointly headed by Eran Yaniv and Raz Tepper, both of whom act for an enviable list of start-ups and tech investors, and have particular expertise in the technology, and healthcare and life sciences sectors. Also recommended are Ronald Lehmann, who heads the firm's international team, and cyber and IT specialist Amit Dat.
Eran Yaniv; Raz Tepper
‘The advantage working with the firm is receiving a total high quality solution. For every different subject they have a very professional team of experts.‘
‘Highly responsive, very dedicated and provide detailed and through answers to legal questions.‘
‘Team is extremely knowledgeable and doing a great work in making deals. On top of the quality of the legal work it feels that the service is very personal, and they try to do beyond what they are committed to in our contracts.‘
‘Eran Yaniv, a partner at FBC, is simply one of a kind. Highest level of integrity, commitment and understanding of the key issues. He enabled us to bring complicated negotiations to the finish line.‘
‘I work directly with Ori Lazar, on a weekly basis and I appreciate the fact that I can describe shortly what I need and get a dedicated, specific, to-the-point products from him in a short time period. In addition Ori performs efficient follow-up which ensures that we don’t drop any task.‘
‘Worked with multiple law firms in Israel and outside, FBC is by far the most effective and cost effective firm I have worked with.‘
‘An experienced team, lead by Eran Yaniv, which understand exactly what services are needed for our company.‘
‘We appreciate the personal connection, the fact that the leading partner is always available (even when there is no project we are working on) and quality of legal work.‘
‘In strategic matters I am consulted by Eran Yaniv which shares with me high-level business advice on top of the legal services. This service helped me a lot through the years.‘
M.S.T. Medical Surgery Technologies
OrbiMed Israel Partners
Claltech (2008) Limited Partnership
Bank Leumi Le-Israel
Pitango Venture Capital
Jebsen Capital Limited
Updata Partners V
Bristol-Meyers Squibb Company
Nova Medical Israel
- Acting for Grubhub in its acquisition of the Israeli campus food ordering company Tapingo, for $150m.
- Representing Google in a highly strategic technology project and providing legal opinions regarding the complex potential risks with respect to new global technological features and services.
- Advising Fiverr International on several transactions, including its $1bn IPO on Nasdaq.
Goldfarb Seligman & Co. has one of the strongest full-service tech practices in Israel. Leveraging an enviable track record in high-value exits, a huge range of sector expertise and a dynamic multi-disciplinary approach, the practice group provides end-to-end service to early-stage start-ups and entrepreneurs; VCs, angels and corporate investors; and acquisitive multinational tech companies. In the start-up space, the team has developed particular strengths in the fields of fintech and crypto, agro-tech, and software and open source. It also has niche expertise in advising VC funds on investments in the TMT sector. Sharon Gazit heads the corporate and technology department; Ashok Chandrasekhar handles cross-border corporate deals for multinational corporates and investment funds such as Symantec and Temasek; and Michael Heller acts as deputy head of the international corporate and securities department. Also of note, Guy Gordon joined the team from Gross, Kleinhendler, Hodak, Halevy, Greenberg, Shenhav & Co. in 2018.
Ashok Chandrasekhar; Sharon Gazit
‘Professional, dedicated, and quick to respond. They have a strong business understanding.‘
Temasek Holdings Private
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
Northrop Grumman International Trading
Dell-EMC (including EMC Israel Development Center)
General Catalyst Partners
WRVI Global Capital Managers
Scale Venture Partners
CreditEase Israel Innovation Fund
Marlin Equity Partners
Sequoia Venture Capital
TPG Private Equity Fund
University of the People
Israel Secondary Fund
A.L. Ten Bis
Knock N’ Lock
Shield Wallet Technology
Groop Internet Platform
- Representing Symantec Corporation in its acquisitions in Israel, which recently included a $200m acquisition of cyber-security company Luminate Security.
- Representing Attunity in its acquisition by QlikTech International AB for a total value of approximately $560m.
- Providing ongoing legal counsel to Bird Rides (named one of Time Magazine’s 50 Genius companies in 2018). Recently advised the company throughout its entrance to the Israeli market, and continuing to advise Bird regarding its day to day commercial activity, including corporate, tax import, customs, litigation and more.
Leveraging over 40 years of experience in the Israeli hi-tech sector, Gross, Kleinhendler, Hodak, Halevy, Greenberg, Shenhav & Co. provides comprehensive corporate and commercial service to Israeli start-ups, technology companies, and domestic and international investors. In addition to a strong corporate offering, the firm brings together specialists in cyber and data protection, tax, IP, labour and employment, and litigation to provide the full range of support to start-ups and tech companies. The team is also among the market leaders in the venture capital space, where it acts for over a third of venture capital funds in Israel in all fund formation and investment activity. Practice head Ayal Shenhav has a particularly strong reputation for venture capital work; Amir Raz has had a standout year acting both for start-ups and hi-tech investors; and Richard Mann, who heads the firm's international group, has been involved in a number of transactions involving well-known international technology companies.
Edwards Life Sciences Corporation
Yahoo! Inc. and its Israeli subsidiaries
Oath (formerly known as AOL)
Autodesk and its Israeli subsidiary
Syneron Medical and its subsidiaries worldwide
Sony Electronics and its Israeli subsidiary
GSN Games and its Israeli subsidiary
NetApp and its Israeli subsidiaries
PRA Health Sciences and its Israeli subsidiary
Premier Research and its Israeli subsidiary
Gilead Life Sciences
Insight Venture Partners
Global Health Science Fund (Quark Ventures)
Montreaux Equity Capital
Adam Street Partners
Gett (formerly known as GetTaxi)
Eko (formerly known as Interlude)
Benson Oak Capital
Decentralized Mobile Applications
S D Sight Diagnostics – Parasight
Banc of America Leasing Ireland
Mellius Global Services
Jiminy Advanced Parenting Solutions
Effective Space Solutions
Orbs and Hexa Group
Technologies of Voice Interface
Firmitas Cyber Solutions
Datomo – Moblin
Personalics – Grow Digital
Alon Medtech Ventures
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bessemer Venture Partners
Giza Venture Capital
Vertex Venture Capital
CoinTree / ORBS
Leo Chief of Staff
Benson Oak Ventures
- Acted for insurtech company Hippo Analytics in its $100m Series D financing round, following which the company joined the “Unicorn Club”, a designation for start-ups with a valuation over $1bn.
- Recently advised Meta Networks on its $134m acquisition by Proofpoint, having acted for the target company since its incorporation.
- Acting for Behalf Ltd in a number of transactions including its equity investment and strategic partnership with Visa International, as part of Visa’s $100m fintech investment programme.
H-F & Co.
H-F & Co. is a high-quality boutique firm fully dedicated to Israel's tech sector. The firm has a strong track record in market-leading corporate and financing transactions, and routinely handles high-value M&A involving multinational tech companies transacting in Israel for the first time. Headed by Nitzan Hirsch-Falk, the practice group acts both for Israeli start-ups and multinational tech giants, and has also been instructed by some of the country's leading venture capital funds, including Magma Venture Partners and Pitango. Other key figures include Adi Gillat, who specialises in IP-driven commercial transactions, and corporate finance and M&A partner Yuval Oren. The firm also boasts a roster of standout partners on the more junior end, including Ora Templeman and Maor Levran. Also recommended is Michal Merling, who advises companies and investors on a range of corporate and commercial transactions.
Argus Cyber Security
Moovit App Global
Magma Venture Capital
Pitango Venture Capital
- Representing Mimecast in its $88m acquisition of Solebit Labs, an Israeli cyber security company, as well as an additional investment transaction.
- Represented LogMeIn in the acquisition of nearly all the assets of Impello. This is the client’s second acquisition in Israel, and H-F also advised the company on its first acquisition in Israel, in 2016.
- Advising agro-tech start-up Kaiima Bio-Agritech on several capital raises and commercial transactions, including a JV agreement with BioFields S.A.P.I. DE C.V., a large Mexican company that produces castor oil.
According to the CFO of one of its start-up clients, working with Herzog Fox & Neeman's hi-tech team is 'almost like having an in-house counsel'. The practice group advises a variety of investors, international tech companies, and Israeli start-ups on the full range of legal and business issues faced by clients in the tech sector. Jointly headed by Hanan Haviv and Yair Geva, the practice group routinely acts for Israeli growth companies in financing deals and M&A involving multinational tech giants. In addition, the team benefits from an on-the-ground presence in Silicon Valley, by which it has developed working relationships with US technology companies and international investors. Other names to note include Dan Sharot, who specialises in tech transactions, and Dana Zur-Neumann, who heads the firm's representative office in Palo Alto.
Hanan Haviv; Yair Geva
‘The team’s key capabilities are demonstrated throughout the engagement. They bring professional experience and knowledge together with a diligent hands on approach.‘
‘Highly professional. Very cooperative with availability 24/7. Almost as having in-house counselor.‘
‘The individuals I work with stand out significantly from other teams at other firms. The team is sensitive to their client interests and needs and are dedicated to the achievement of the objective. Super high service awareness and services delivery in a professional, supportive and respectful manner. I am lucky to work with them.‘
‘Yair Geva is a top notch legal and business adviser.‘
‘Very big law firm with all the relevant legal expertise in and outside Israel. ‘
‘The partner we are working with is Dan Sharot. He is an outstanding lawyer, with an OUTSTANDING knowledge and experience in the real practical business and commercial aspects! And therefore, while Dan minimizes my legal exposure and put all the necessary legal protections, he contributes so much to my company’s ability to maximize our business opportunities and potential!‘
The Bank of New York Mellon
KDC Media Fund
Pico Venture Partners
Sandisk / Western Digital
- Acted for Dynamic Yield, an Israeli AI-powered web personalisation start-up, in its $320m acquisition by a subsidiary of McDonald’s.
- Represented Amazon.com in the acquisition of ad-server business from Sizmek for $30m.
- Represented Natural Log in its $124m acquisition by Google.
Meitar Law Offices is 'a one-stop-shop for a start-up, from early stage to maturity'. The firm is widely thought to have one of the country's most capable corporate and transactional teams, which, in Israel, means that the firm is consistently involved in market-leading M&A and investment deals in the tech sector. In 2018, the practice group was involved in over 35 hi-tech M&A transactions and 115 funding rounds acting both for VCs and Israeli start-ups. In addition to its work for domestic start-ups and growth companies, the team also acts for leading US technology companies in their acquisitions in Israel. Alon Sahar, Itay Frishman and Raanan Lerner specialise in corporate and securities transactions in the hi-tech space. Shira Azran ('professional and business-first approach') and Mike Rimon ('really impressive').
Alon Sahar; Itay Frishman; Raanan Lerner
‘Very professional, highly committed team with full top-notch coverage of all legal domains.‘
‘Outstanding team. Smart, knowledgeable, practical, pragmatic. True partners when it comes to deal-making (funding, M&A) and ongoing business and corporate issues.‘
‘Beyond her command of the legal aspect which is a given, Shira Azran always put the deal first. Overcoming legal and ego hurdles with professional and business-first approach.‘
‘Mike Rimon is always available, very nice yet professional and careful partner.‘
‘What differentiates the Meitar team is their rigor, knowledge, experience and deal-making capabilities. They are “in the field” so to speak, and do not take theoretical vantage points, but rather practical and pragmatic approaches that understand the pragmatics of operators and executives in the field, and make recommendations accordingly.‘
‘We moved to use Meitar’s legal services about three years ago after they have represented one of our investors and we were deeply impressed by their professionalism. During this period we had many opportunities to experience a broad team of professionals in hi-tech investments and commercial deals, labour law, tax, IP and general litigation. Meitar is a one-stop-shop for a start-up from early stage to maturity.‘
‘We are working with Michael (Mike) Rimon, a senior partner at Meitar. Michael’s availability is outstanding! His professional knowledge is really impressive and he does not hesitate to bring other specialists from the firm to assist where needed.‘
Palo Alto Networks
- Represented Jfrog in a $165m Series D financing round, led by Insight Venture Partners, with participation from Battery Ventures, Spark Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Vintage Investment Partners, and Geodesic Capital.
- Represented Anyvision Interactive Technologies in its ordinary plus investment round, in which an amount of $74m was invested in the company by MicrosoftGlobal Finance, DFJ Growth III, OG Tech Ventures International and A.Y.R.A.D Investments. In addition to representing the target company, investors O.G. Tech Ventures International and A.Y.R.A.D Investments were each represented by another team at Meitar.
- Represented Monday.com in an investment round by Sapphire Ventures, Hamilton Lane, HarbourVest and other investors for the amount of $150m.
Working for promising Israeli start-ups and domestic and international investors, Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co. is rated for acting in 'full partnership' with its clients, gaining praise for its 'holistic approach' and 'dedication'. The practice group has developed a particularly strong reputation in venture funding, where it acts for prolific investors including Viola Ventures and Japan Israel High Tech Ventures. The team is jointly led by two seasoned corporate lawyers: Sharon Amir and Gil Brandes. Amir is widely considered one of Israel's top M&A lawyers, and Brandes has over 30 years of experience in tech sector-work, from company formation and early financing to eventual exits. Also recommended are Arnon Samburski, Anat Igner and managing partner Tal Eliasaf, who is instructed by a number public and private companies in the tech space.
Sharon Amir; Gil Brandes
‘Team is highly experienced, sharp, very thorough and provides creative resolutions at the same time.‘
‘Arnon Samburski stands out as an experienced, highly dedicated counsel, combining deep understanding of legal needs combined with practical understanding of the company’s needs.‘
‘The connection I have with the team is a full partnership where I feel comfortable to advise and contact for any relevant issue that pops up, no matter what time or what day.‘
‘My impression of the team at Naschitz Brandes Amir is that it is a holistic law firm. There was no area of law expertise which I thought they are not proficient in, or could not provide me with answers in. Working with other firms, I noticed some have issues managing their time correctly, which means receiving work or answers at the last minute, or even late – this is a weak point for many law firms. However, I must say that this has not been the case with Naschitz Brandes Amir – I always felt they stood by their promises to deliver at a certain time and I always felt a comforting certainty working with them.‘
‘Arnon knows our business like is own, he is knowledgeable, calm and prompt in his responses and advice.‘
‘Anat Igner is very diligent, smart, business-savvy (a rare quality for an attorney), thorough and overall very pleasant to work with. There has not been a request made by us, no matter the hour and deadline, that was not accommodated by her. Ms. Igner is an all-around lawyer. She’s not only knowledgeable and well-informed on any new changes and updates to regulations, laws and common practices, but also understands the business and the essence of commercial agreements brought to her review.‘
Japan Israel High Tech Ventures 1
Israel Biotech Fund
- Advised Check Point Software Technologies on its $175m acquisition of Dome9 Security, and also in its separate acquisition of ForceNock.
- Advised Softbank on its $300m investment in Israeli-founded and US-based Lemonade.
- Advised Syqe Medical, a leading Israel-based company that transforms cannabis and other psychoactive botanicals into mainstream medical drugs and inhaler, on a raft of corporate matters, including the company’s $50m financing round.
The team at Shibolet & Co. with Raved, Magriso, Benkel & Co. has developed a strong reputation in the hi-tech sector, where it is consistently involved in high-value investment and M&A transactions, often involving first-time international acquirers and Asia-based tech companies and investors. One of the largest hi-tech teams in the market, the practice group is divided into a number of sub-sector specialisms and boasts particular experience in the areas of fintech, blockchain and smart contracts, telecoms and media, and cyber and data security. Key figures in the team include practice head Lior Aviram, Amir Iliescu, who has experience in cross-border M&A, and Einat Weidberg, who specialises in commercial tech agreements and corporate finance. Vered Horesh left the firm in 2019 for an in-house role.
‘Exceptional team: professional, extremely attentive, practical advice, great business orientation.‘
‘Lior Aviram is an outstanding strategist, extremely practical, and always provides good advice.‘
Finova Capital Fund
General Motors Israel
Technion Research and Development Foundation
Technion Investment Opportunities Fund
- Represented China Merchants Capital Fund in a $100m investment transaction in Innoviz, a manufacturer of high-performance, solid-state LiDAR sensors and perception software that enable the mass-production of autonomous vehicles.
- Represented Indian e-commerce giant Flipkart in its first transaction (M&A) in the Israeli market, in which Flipkart will purchase the entire share capital of the Israeli company Upstream Commerce, which is engaged in the field of retail intelligence.
- Represented Aspectiva in its acquisition by Walmart, which marked the retail giant’s first investment in Israel.
‘A one-stop-shop for hi-tech related matters’, Yigal Arnon & Co has expertise in a wide range of areas relevant to the sector, including corporate transactions, IP, taxation and corporate governance. Jointly headed by Barak Platt and Barry Levenfeld, the team has established itself as one of the go-to advisers for market-leading hi-tech transactions. Just a few years ago, the team handled the largest M&A in the history of Israel, and indeed, it reinforced this reputation in 2019, advising Nvidia Corporation on its $6.9bn acquisition of Mellanox, which was the second largest M&A in the country’s history. Other key figures include Yarom Romem, who specialises in acting for VCs and corporate investors, and Nimrod Vromen, who acts for a litany of early-stage start-ups in funding rounds and other general business matters. Contacts on the more junior end include Liron Hacohen and recently promoted partner Daniel Damboritz.
Barry Levenfeld; Barak Platt
‘We are very happy with their service quality and output. It is a real “client first” attitude and a one-stop shop for all services i.e. IP, tax, litigation etc. where they work with reputable and established partner law firms and handle those interactions for us. Also, Yigal Arnon have a number of lawyers who have international experience so their cultural sensitivity makes the interaction with my foreign colleagues from China, Korea so much smoother.‘
‘Very good responsiveness; good managing of their internal resources; good team spirit; very experienced.‘
‘Barry Levenfeld has vast knowledge and experience, excellent ability to negotiate and solve sticking points, accessibility and attentiveness. I also recommend Yarom Romem, who has excellent grasp of complicated transactions.‘
‘A wide range of industry expertise and experience with all legal aspects of hi-tech and start-up transaction deals including the corporate, IP, taxation, governance areas.‘
‘The team has a strong eye for detail and this has served our company on several occasions. They remain calm in and out of the negotiations, which is appreciated by our CEO who is a first-timer.‘
‘Barak Platt has a strong and impressive personality thus very good negotiation skills. He has the negotiation under his control.‘
‘They are efficient, very knowledgeable, deal-oriented and professional. Their response time is very quick and they are indeed a “one-stop shop” for hi-tech related matters.‘
‘Nimrod Vromen is both highly diligent and expert in transactions which are non-vanilla and require tactical and original thought. In a sense, his commercial nous coupled with their legal skills place them in a rung higher than all the other law firms we have dealt with in the local market.‘
‘I primarily work with Liron Hacohen, a partner in the hi-tech practice group – she is responsive, experienced, professional and a real problem solver. She gives practical, business oriented advice, not just legal, which is what makes her stand out.‘
‘Large firm with many expertise yet a personal connection.‘
‘I had the pleasure of working with Nimrod Vromen for three years. Nimrod has an exceptionally strong eye for detail that has been a benefit to our firm on more than one occasion. Nimrod’s strong sense of organization helped him to always gain the upper-hand in any negotiation. Nimrod is an extremely talented attorney who cares a great deal about his clients and his firm.‘
‘Daniel Damboritz is always available and attentive. Seems to have the answers, and if he doesn’t, he knows to bring in the right partner. Eli Greenbaum is also always available when needed and has his unique field of expertise.‘
Palo Alto Networks
Highroad Innovation Center
Mentor Graphics Development Services (Israel)
- Represented Salesforce.com in its acquisition of Israeli field service software company Clicksoftware Technologies for a reported $1.35bn.
- Represented cyber-security company Palo Alto Networks in its simultaneous acquisition of both Twistlock and of PureSec, for a reported total of $500m.
- Acting for Highroad Accelerator in its day-to-day business, providing advice on its many investments, managing its portfolio, creating a business and investment strategy.
Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co. Advocates and Notary's hi-tech group acts for a wide range of companies, entrepreneurs and investors, though it is perhaps best known for its VC practice and its market-leading tech incubator practice. Jointly headed by Ian Rostowsky and Yoav Etzyon, the practice group acts for ten of Israel's 25 tech incubators and innovation labs registered with the Israel Innovation Authority. In addition to advising on early-stage financing and commercial agreements and company formation, the team also has experience in exit transactions and capital markets transactions, particularly IPOs on the Australian Securities Exchange. Other standout partners include Yonatan Altman, Ariel Frank, Ayelet Torem and Stephen Barak Rozen. Further, the team recently hired Tal Tirosh, who has experience working in the corporate departments of two leading US firms, and previously headed the hi-tech department at S. Friedman & Co. Advocates & Notaries.
Ian Rostowsky; Yoav Etzyon
Stage One II and III
The Time Innovations
TerraLab (Technology Incubator)
Nielsen Innovate Fund
First Time Ventures
The Kitchen Hub
Pango Pay & Go
Israel’s Homeland Security
Bazan – Oil Refineries
- Represented Sparks Soodtech Food Technologies in a $100m bid to operate a food-tech incubator in the north of Israel pursuant to a tender by the Israel Innovation Authority.
- Acted as lead Israeli counsel to Shekel Brainweigh in its initial public offering of its shares on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX). Currently representing the company in its ongoing operations.
- Acting for FVL, a venture capital fund focusing primarily on early-stage Israeli companies operating in the internet and digital media fields. Represented the client in about 20 equity investments in 2018, in aggregate value of over $25m.
'Very professional and always able to assist', the hi-tech team at Erdinast, Ben Nathan, Toledano & Co. is instructed by Israeli and international tech companies and venture capital investors in standout M&A, investment transactions and a variety of other commercial deals in the tech sector. The hi-tech department is headed by Roy Caner, and has particular strengths in the areas of cyber security, autonomous driving, and defence and aerospace. In 2019, Caner and Viva Gayer advised NSO Group Technologies and its founders on the largest MBO transaction ever completed in Israel. Also of note, the firm is investing heavily in the hi-tech team, having recently hired several lawyers from leading Israeli firms. Lior Oren and Doni Toledano are other core members of the hi-tech team.
‘The team is very professional and always available to assist.‘
‘This is a very experienced and highly engaged team. They are professional, fun to work with and I always feel they are looking out for my company’s best interests.‘
‘Roy Caner is a consummate professional and one of the finest attorneys I have ever worked with.‘
‘Adv. Shay Dayan is a super professional lawyer, hard worker, willing to assist at any time and on any issue. Able to resolve complex issues and work against many lawyers to resolve complex matters. We are very satisfied with the level of service we receive.‘
NSO Group Technologies and its founders Shalev Holy and Omri Lavie
Mobileye Vision Technologies
Getty Images Israel
Israeli Aerospace Industry
Offensive Security and its founders Mati and Iris Aharoni
I.B.I. Tech Fund – High Technology
Vertex Venture Capital
Pitango Growth Fund and Qumra Capital I
O.I.J Orchestra Group and its founders Isaac Zack, Omri Lavie and Jacob Ukelson
Tene Growth Capital
Archer Daniels Midland
- Represented NSO Group Technologies and its founders in the largest management buyout transaction ever conducted in Israel, whereby US private equity fund Francisco Partners sold its controlling stake in our client, Israeli cyber intelligence company NSO, to the private equity fund Novalpina Capital, and to NSO’s Israeli co-founders Shalev Holy and Omri Lavie, together with members of the company’s senior executive team, at a company value of approximately $1bn.
- Acting for Mobileye in an innovative and first of its kind joint venture for the launch of a commercial self-driving ride-hailing service in Israel, with the support of the government. As part of the joint venture, VW will supply a fleet of electric cars, Mobileye will provide the self-driving technology, and Champion Motors will run the fleet management operations.
- Advising Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) on a joint venture with Tama R.M.W. Agricultural Cooperative Society a global company offering agricultural packaging solutions, whereby IAI is to transfer certain assets and IP developed by it in relation to an aerial robotic tractor program run by a sector of IAI, to a newly formed joint company.
Since its establishment in 2017 by a well-reputed team of tech specialists, Gornitzky & Co.'s hi-tech department has developed a strong reputation for cross-border M&A and investment deals in some of Israel's most lucrative industry sectors, including cyber, IT, fintech and e-commerce, AI and medical devices. Jointly headed by Daniel Marcus and Shlomo Landress, the practice group acts for start-ups as well as international tech companies and corporate investors, and has also continued to attract venture capital clients and other tech-focused funds. Another contact in the team is Oded Uni, who has experience acting for start-ups from inception to exit, and is particularly active in the areas of technology and fintech. In 2019, the firm hired IP specialist Ziv Rotenberg , and is therefore in a better position to handle complex IP-driven transactions.
Daniel Marcus; Shlomo Landress
G Medical Innovations
Rapyd Financial Networks (2016)
Toyota AI Ventures
B.O.S Better On-Line Solutions
- Served as lead counsel to Eviation Aircraft in a $76m note purchase agreement with Clermont Energy and $10m share purchase agreement with Timon.
- Represented Venus Concept in a $200m reverse triangular merger transaction wherein Venus Concept will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Restoration Robotics.
- Acted for Rapyd in an equity financing round led by General Catalyst and Stripe together with other financial and strategic investors, pursuant to which the investors invested in the company an aggregate amount of $40m.
Horn & Co
Horn & Co has top-tier skills in commercial IP and healthcare and life sciences, and is highly rated by peer firms for its quality of work in complex corporate transactions and commercial technology deals. The key contact in the practice group is Yuval Horn, the firm's founding partner, who is 'deeply involved in the details of different clients' and is always 'available as needed'. The team is instructed by some of Israel's most successful and pioneering biotech start-ups, and also handles all start-ups financing and investment deals for Pontifax VC. In addition to the firm's biotech work, Horn also recently acted for INX in relation to its innovative regulated ICO. Also recommended are Ohad Mamann and Keren Kanir, who have expertise in tech and IP-driven commercial transactions.
‘They are professionals and they give personalised advice that is both the right advice and is specified for your needs.‘
‘Yuval Horn grasps the entire picture. He is responsive and has integrity in billing. Ohad Mamman also is responsive and has attention to every detail.‘
‘Excellent grasp of subject matter in biotech field, and English at mother-tongue level.‘
‘Very high quality team. Work well together and cover different aspects of legal fields.‘
‘Yuval Horn while being the firm’s founding partner is deeply involved in the details of the different clients and available as needed.‘
Biolight Life Sciences
Zebra Medical Vision
Interwise Ltd. (AT&T Israel)
- Representing Anima Biotech in a research and collaboration agreement with Eli Lilly with a total deal value exceeding $1bn, for the discovery and development of translation inhibitors for several target proteins by using Anima’s translation control therapeutics platform.
- Acted for Famewave and its shareholders in its acquisition by Kitov Pharma.
- Acting for Pontifax VC in its ongoing investment activity, a recent example of which was its investment in Alizee as part of a EUR64m financing round.
Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz has an established reputation in Israel's IP legal market, and is also a strong performer in the country's healthcare and life sciences, fintech and venture capital space; however, what makes the firm especially unique in the market is its international office network. Indeed, with offices in the US and Europe, clients 'benefit from the availability of the firm's expertise, experience and prices in these territories in addition to Israel'. Key figures in the practice group include Atir Jaffe, who specialises in private equity investing, M&A and IP-related issues in the media, telecoms, and medical devices sectors; Guy Lachmann, who leads the firm's Japan practice as well as the Germany practice; Yael Baratz, who chairs the corporate and licensing group; and Hili Rashkovan, who has a range of experience in IP transactions, fundraising and M&A.
Atir Jaffe; Yael Baratz; Guy Lachmann; Hili Rashkovan
‘This firm has offices in the US and Europe and we benefit from availability of their expertise, experience and prices in these territories in addition to Israel.‘
‘The team is very responsive and ready to adapt themselves to their customers needs and schedule. They are always available to discuss issues and topic about the inventions and applications.‘
‘We thoroughly recommend Guy Lachmann and his team at Pearl Cohen. The team’s particular strength was that they were excellent at achieving a quick turnaround on all of our legal matters to help keep the company dynamic and moving towards success.‘
‘The main advantage of the lawyers and other patent attorneys we work with, is their availability and that they are hassle free in all aspects. They welcome all and any work we provide, meet schedules with every task, and provide results and not excuses.’
‘Without a doubt, the combination of the team’s rare legal abilities and their extensive experience with the various areas relevant to our activities, enables them to serve our intense needs, that include tight schedules and complex thinking outside the box.‘
‘We feel fortunate to have met such top-quality attorneys who always have a focused solution for every legal issue, in a swift and effective manner.‘
Cyarx Technologies (Siemplify)
Diehl Defence GmbH & Co.
- Represented Lightricks in a combined primary/secondary fundraising round of $135m. The round was led by Goldman Sachs, with additional investors including Insight Partners and ClalTech.
- Acted for Unbotify, an Israeli AI cybersecurity and bot detection company, in its acquisition by Adjust.
- Represented Hill-Rom Holdings in an equity investment of $39m in EarlySense.
According to one client, 'for a small start-up that needs to move at a very fast pace', Raz, Dlugin & Co. Law Offices is 'the best firm one could possibly ask for'. Jointly led by Rafi Raz and Ran Dlugin, the firm has built a reputation for helping small Israeli start-ups develop into well-known tech companies with operations all over the world. The firm has enjoyed impressive growth over the past few years both in terms of personnel and transactional activity, and it is quickly becoming a firm that clients turn to when looking for a more intimate service. In addition to its company-side work, the team has also continued to attract instructions from some of Israel's leading venture capital investors. Another name to note is Michal Donner, 'a go-to lawyer for commercial contracts'.
Rafi Raz; Ran Dlugin
‘They are the top one can find in Israel. They are the best I’ve had in Israel or anywhere else, with very specific expertise in the hi tech, startups and technology M&A domains.‘
‘As a small startup that needs to move at a very fast pace, Raz Dlugin is the best firm we could possibly ask for. From the partners down to associates, the firm’s superb service levels are exactly what a fast moving company needs. Raz Dlugin has a very strong “deal maker” attitude, knows where to fight for its clients and where to move forward for the sake of business making. The responsiveness of the team is uncanny and so is their understanding of all aspects of the tech industry.‘
‘Dedicated, fast to deliver, reliable, I trust them 100%!‘
‘Adv. Rafi Raz is a phenomenal deal maker. A rare combination of being an exceptional lawyer while having a sense for the business side of the discussions and being able to move fast – a really rare combination. Of the rest of the team Michal and Ran are great.‘
‘Phenomenal level of service. Fast, accurate, very responsive, never drop the ball, don’t need to be chased AND extremely professional and hands on.‘
‘We work mostly with Rafi Raz and Michal Donner and a couple of the associates. Rafi and Michal are exceptional professionals – extremely knowledgeable, highly respected in the industry, responsive, efficient and extremely pleasant to us as well as to our counter parties.‘
‘We have been working with the team in R&D since we’ve started up our company and were very much in need of not-only professional counseling – but also support and advise from experienced people. Luckily we found that in R&D who were very helpful in every step of the way, especially when it was most needed – in the first 12 months.‘
‘I have been working with the firm for 16 years now for various investment documents, various business negotiations and M&A (deals ranging from complicated commercial/licensing agreements to hundreds of millions deals which they negotiated amazingly well against top law firms around the world). Value of work ranges from 10s of thousands to hundreds of millions on M&A deals.‘
‘Michal Donner was (and still is) my “go-to” for commercial contracts and negotiations. It seems that I could never surprise her and she’s always ready with an answer or a creative solution when we’re approaching a dead-end.‘
‘All of the individuals whom I worked with throughout the years were very positive and willing to help and contribute from their experience – making my job easier and my decisions smarter.‘
NFX Venture Capital
Playtika Growth Investments
Mr. Gigi Levy
Mr. Shmuel Harlap
- Advised Silicon Valley-based NFX Venture Capital on seven high-value investment deals in 2019 in aggregate value of approximately $500m.
- Represented Playtika in five M&A transactions from August 2018 to August 2019. The firm has represented Playtika since its founding in 2010.
- Providing comprehensive hi-tech investment advice to Mr. Gigi Levy, named by Forbes Magazine as Israel’s leading Angel investor, and described by a market source as one of the most influential players in Israeli hi-tech.
Agmon & Co. Rosenberg Hacohen & Co. fields 'a dedicated team of tech experts', who have expertise in sectors including healthcare, biotech and cyber, and benefit from the firm's broad strengths in financing and cross-border corporate transactions. The practice group is headed by Osnat Sarusi-Firstater, who is rated for her knowledge of the healthcare industry and was also recently involved in high-value multinational technology projects for clients in the telecoms and energy sectors. The team routinely handles technology ventures for well-known names in the healthcare, energy and financial services sectors, and has a growing roster of early-stage Israeli start-ups.
‘A cohesive team of tech experts led by Osnat Firstater. They are very professional, service oriented, deal makers (as opposed to deal breakers) providing a quality product & service.‘
‘Osnat Sarusi Firstater is a professional, multi-disciplined, multi-lingual lawyer with deep knowledge and experience in the tech industry (with specific expertise in the healthcare industry), familiar with international business culture as well as local Israeli (Middle Eastern) business culture.‘
‘Osnat is a people person and a great facilitator in negotiations when representing her client. I’ve found her presence around the negotiating table valuable as both the voice of reason and creative solutions provider.‘
‘They really work as a team so no matter the time or urgency, assistance & consultation are always provided on-line, a real advantage when working on a deal or closing a contract.‘
Panoramic Power (Centrica Group)
Medical Centres – Shaare Zedek Medical, Reuth Rehabilitation Hospital
Israel State Lottery (‘Mifal Hapais’)
Ofek Capital Co-operative Association
- Advised Panoramic Power on commercial agreements worldwide with regards to its proprietary cloud-based energy management solutions.
- Acting for Matrix (a leading Israeli IT company) in relation to various high-value commercial agreements and joint ventures.
- Advising reg-tech start-up on a wide variety of matters including financing rounds, commercial activity and option agreements.
AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co significantly strengthened its hi-tech practice in 2019 with the hire of Daniel Chinn, who joined the firm from Tulchinsky Stern Marciano Cohen Levitski & Co. with four other lawyers, including Saar Binyamin, who was promoted to partner upon his arrival. Chinn's arrival brings to the team not only an 'excellent' resource for corporate and commercial law, but also a litany of new clients, from domestic and international tech companies (Lemonade and Nexar) to venture capital funds (Aleph) and corporate investors (Samsung NEXT). Other recommended lawyers include corporate and commercial practice head Yoav Caspi, data protection and cyber specialist Eyal Roy Sage, and Assaf Lapid, who has experience of corporate, commercial and financing transactions in the hi-tech space.
‘I primarily deal with Daniel Chinn who is a pleasure to work with. He is an outstanding communicator, highly commercial, efficient, responsive and an excellent corporate and commercial lawyer.‘
‘The team is very responsive, very commercial and pragmatic, and focused on getting transactions done.‘
Microsoft Israel R&D (2002)
Microsoft Azure Accelerator TLV
Samsung NEXT Fund
Maniv Mobility Fund
Hetz Ventures Fund
C2A – Sec
Smartech The Industry Pivot
Matrix IT Ltd. / John Bryce training
NSC – Nano Sono Cooperation
Dror Ortho Design
Corner Venture Partners
Pick a Pier
- Acting for Lemonade in all ongoing matters, including its Series D investment round – a $300m investment led by SoftBank, including Google Ventures GV, Allianz, General Catalyst and others.
- Representing Maniv Mobility (a group of funds specialising in mobility technology) in all of its investments in Israel and the US and in several of its investments in Europe.
- Represented Aleph and ICV and advised other existing investors in a seed investment round in FreightOS in an aggregated amount of $44m.
Barnea Jaffa Lande & Co. fields 'a highly qualified team' with experience acting for international technology companies and corporate investors, venture capital and private equity funds, and Israeli start-ups. The practice group is led by Michael Barnea, 'a top of the league Israeli lawyer for cross-border hi-tech activity'. Leveraging their years of international experience, Barnea and Simon Jaffa have secured a number of multinational clients (such as Nintendo) on referral from international firms, and is also an attractive choice for international companies seeking to enter the Israeli market (such as Deliveroo). In addition, the team routinely advises domestic start-ups on fundraising rounds, corporate transactions and commercial agreements. Other key figures include Ariella Dreyfuss, Yuval Lazi and Daniel Lorber.
‘Barnea has highly qualified team with international experience. Their advice and commercial understanding is of a high quality.‘
‘Micky is very experienced and thinks outside the box, he is active in the market. He is definitely one of the lawyers you’d think of when you need legal advise.‘
‘Barnea’s technology practice is one of the leading practices in its field in Israel. I’ve known them for a while and the team is sharp, able to see the big picture and quick in providing advice.‘
‘Micky Barnea is a great lawyer and a great strategist. He is practical, reliable and a pleasure to deal with. Micky is top of the league in Israel for cross-border high tech activity. Itay Gura is also pleasant to work with, devoted, very responsive and knowledgeable. Both Micky and Itay are very professional, knowledgeable, and attentive to the our needs.‘
‘Simon Jaffa and Micky Barnea run a tight and coordinated practice.‘
‘Barnea is very good at what they do. They are very devoted and they know how the market works. We are confident Barnea will do what’s necessary and right for us when we raise an issue.‘
‘Simon Jaffa is a great relationship partner and Daniel Lorber is very capable and a good deal-doer.‘
‘Micky Barnea is a brilliant lawyer. He has been in the hi-tech space for a long time and as such, the quality of his work is perfect, his knowledge and experience with startups and hi-tech companies is second to none. He is always able to provide practical solutions.‘
Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation
Yeda Research and Development Company
Nintendo of Europe
- Acting for TAU Ventures in all the aspects of its formation and its various investments in portfolio companies. Also advising the funds and its start-ups in respect of a new Israeli startup accelerator founded jointly by the Israel Security Authority (ISA) and TAU Ventures. This is the first time the ISA has cooperated with another entity to find innovative technologies for its needs.
- Representing Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation in a number of large corporate matters, including as a follow-on investor in a $70m C round investment in V-Wave.
- Advising BridgePoint on its acquisition of Qualitest’s Israeli companies for $420m.
BFP & Co Attorneys & Notary
BFP & Co Attorneys & Notary is 'an amazing boutique office', which recently celebrated its ten-year anniversary, marking a decade of dedicated commercial, corporate and IP legal service to start-ups and multinational investment funds focused on the tech sector. Punching well above its weight, the practice group has advised some notably successful start-ups on high-value M&A and exit transactions. Most recently, Noma Floom, Avihai Schieber and the 'one-of-a-kind' Haleli Barath advised cyber security company Demisto on licensing and distribution agreements with a litany of multinationals, and also acted for the company in its $560m acquisition by Palo Alto Networks. Another key contact in the team is Iris Pappo, who specialises in cross-border commercial agreements and IP-driven transactions.
Haleli Barath; Noma Floom; Iris Pappo; Avihai Schieber
‘A highly professional team, very involved in the day to day of our company giving them the ability to propose very practical and tailor made legal solutions for our activity.‘
‘The breadth and depth of experience in this field at BFP is amazing. Together with their vast industry network, this makes working with BFP much more than a lawyer/client relationship. They are truly a partner invested in the future of the company.‘
‘Haleli Barath is exceptional with her experience in commercial tech companies.‘
‘Haleli Barath is one of a kind. Her ability to be super professional, clear headed and objective, yet emotionally involved with the client team and the company’s success is unprecedented.‘
‘Amazing boutique office!‘
‘We worked with other law firms in the past and the BFP team is amazing in comparison. BFP provides pleasant service and an excellent standard of care with legal work at the highest standards. Working with BFP’s team felt to us a like real partnership and not like your standard legal service provider.‘
‘Very responsive and very familiar with our daily activity, Haleli provides the most professional and practical legal service on our day to day of the business activity.‘
‘Avihay Ben-Haim is an outstanding expert in all aspects of IP commercialization (open source, licensing, privacy regulations etc.). Avihay is one of those few lawyers with a deep understanding of its clients’ business which, together with his remarkable legal knowledge and business orientation, enabled him to craft unique (impressive) legal solutions to fit the parties’ needs in the transactions we had.‘
‘BFP stands out in almost all aspects, whether it is the excellent legal advice and work, zealous representation, business orientation, quick understanding of the issues, availability and a real feeling that the team is really committed to the company and operates like a real partner.‘
‘Haleli Barath is by far the best hi-tech lawyer in Israel in my opinion. Haleli is an incredible corporate and commercial lawyer with knowledge in almost all aspects of a commercial law, IP, corporate and M&A’s for startups and hi-tech companies. Her ability to craft the best legal solution even in the most complex transactions is uncanny. Haleli provided us with valuable advises both on the commercial and on the legal level and her involvement in the Israeli hi-tech ecosystem is an incredible asset to her clients.‘
Omega Life Science
- Represented Walkme in a series of financing rounds and secondary transactions (in an aggregate sum of over $100m) led by EDBI and Insight the last of which was at a pre-money valuation of over $1bn. Also represented the client in the negotiation and formation of its strategic cross-border corporate joint venture in Japan.
- Advised SoftBank Ventures Asia, the early stage venture-capital arm of the conglomerate the SoftBank Group, in several Israeli investment transactions in aggregate value of $120m.
- Served as co-lead counsel for Demisto (together with the US counsel Fenwick and West LLP) in its acquisition by Palo Alto Networks for an aggregate purchase price of more than $560m.
Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM) fields an 'exceptional team of dedicated professionals' with niche expertise in advising European companies (particularly those based in Germany and the UK) on acquisitions and investments in Israel. The practice group also acts for Israeli start-ups, and has been steadily developing a reputation among US, European, and Israeli private equity and venture capital funds. Natalie Noy is a name to note in the hi-tech team; Noy was described by one client as 'a hungry go-getter', and is rated for her ability to 'grasp complex structures and effectively bring results to her clients'. The firm is also notable for the international experience of its hi-tech lawyers: Nimrod Rosenblum and Simon Marks have experience practicing in the London corporate departments of some well-known international firms and Roni Abelski heads the firm's German desk.
Natalie Noy; Simon Marks
‘Very positive deal closing attitude rather than deal blocking. High availability and personal service. Great knowledge of the industry and quick turn around.‘
‘Natalie Noy is an experience and hungry go-getter who always puts client needs first.‘
‘Partner Natalie Noy has an exceptional personal service and knowledge in the industry. Also associate Eitan Lahyani is highly professional and recommended.‘
‘Exceptional team of dedicated professionals. Well established firm with startup energy and dedication to client needs.‘
‘Natalie and her team at ERM are able to integrate various commercial business demands, grasp complex structures and effectively bring results to their clients. They are easy to communicate with and a pleasure to work with.‘
Henkel AG & Co.
Maverick Ventures Israel
Fair Benefit Holdings
Fresenius Medical Care
- Acted for Austrian conglomerate BWT, which successfully closed its acquisition of Israeli Aquatron Robotic Technology, a company based in Afula that creates robots for cleaning swimming pools, and which it acquired from Spanish-listed Fluidra Industry.
- Advised Hahn Group GmbH on the $10m investment in Kitov Systems.
- Advised Kape Technologies on its acquisition of cybersecurity company Neutral Holdings.
FWMK (Furth, Wilensky, Mizrachi, Knaani) acts for start-ups, VCs, private equity funds and angel investors, and with strengths in a range of legal practice areas, clients can feel 'confident in trusting the team's recommendations and decisions'. The firm enjoyed a particularly successful year, having advised investors and companies on 45 financing transactions in a 12 month period from August 2018 to 2019. The practice group is jointly headed by Udi Knaani ('an exceptional lawyer') and Erez Mizrachi, whose client service 'makes all the difference'. Also recommended are Orly Samuelov, who is instructed by Redis Labs, one of Israel's most closely watched start-ups; Itai Farkash, who has experience acting for European investment funds; and corporate and M&A lawyer Doron Hadas.
Erez Mizrachi; Udi Knaani
‘FWMK is a very professional firm in any field that we need them. Although they have many costumers, they gives us a personal and fast treatment. The idea that they have different lawyers which specialist in different fields such as contracts, labor laws, intellectual property, etc. gives us the confidence to trust their recommendations and decisions.‘
‘Everyone that I worked with was/is very professional. I think that the major strength for me is that the individuals that I work with give me the feeling that they are part of my company and not external contractors.‘
‘Honesty, professionalism, and just being “real” human beings. These are the 3 things I want from my legal team and is what I get from FWMK.‘
‘They are an excellent group of people, very good in what they do and they know the difference between the things that are important to insist on and the things which are not important, which makes them very good negotiators and also great to be on your team. I worked mostly with Doron Hadas, and referred to Udi Knaani when needed. Both are exceptional lawyers and friends.‘
‘Always ready to assist and work along any issue, topic or requirement. Doesn’t matter when and why, they are there to support and advise.‘
‘Great professionals (mostly working with Itai Farkash). We use them for help with all Israeli based deals – no need to go to anyone else.‘
‘The fact that they balance between personal service to being professional makes them unique.‘
‘The main reason I love working with FWMK and of course the teams I am working with is the combination of emotional intelligence with professionalism which makes all the difference in the tough ride of startup life. Furthermore, the ability to respond professionally to a wide range of topics and manage them seamlessly is a key value.‘
‘Very professional and fast reacting. The team always finds a personal approach to a client finding not only the risks but offering real solutions.‘
‘My main experience is with Erez Mizrachi and even though he does not need my praises, still the intelligent conversations, sensitive approach to problem-solving and super-fast response time makes all the difference.‘
‘We work closely with Erez Mizrachi and Orly Samuelov. Both are seasoned lawyers with tons of experience in all facets of the high tech business. All work is always supervised by them and in many cases personally done by them. Amit Hirsch, a lawyer in the firm also does an outstanding job.‘
‘The office is still intimate, so you know the people you work with, unlike the very large firms which became so big you don’t know any one anymore.‘
‘Our business is super complex as we sell to the largest companies in the world, so negotiations are never easy. We were always happy with FWMK’s results. Can’t ask for better than that.‘
Cellebrite Mobile Synchronization
Techsee Augmented Vision
Restaurant Cheetah Group
Target Global Investment Fund
Mr. Ehud Barak – 10th Prime Minister of Israel
Barinboim Group – Investments & Private Equity
Tandem Group Software
Talma Travel and Tours
Fuze Card Israel
Ginger Bit Technologies
OK Simplyme International
- Represented Cellebrite in its Series A preferred investment round, in which an aggregate amount of $110m was raised from well-known Israeli venture capital fund IGP Capital.
- Represented Morphisec in its engagement with the United States Department of Homeland Security for the development of VDI cyber security solution for possible application in the financial sector.
- Acted for Redis in its $60m financing round E led by Francisco Partners.
Katzenell Dimant is a 'highly professional' corporate and commercial firm with an established reputation in the hi-tech sector. In particular, the team is standout in the field of cyber security, but is also a strong performer in the software, sports-tech, and blockchain and cryptocurrencies sectors, where it acts for Israeli start-ups, investors, R&D companies and tech transfer offices. A key figure in the practice group is Einat Katzenell, who is consistently praised by her peers and whom clients have described as one of the country's best hi-tech lawyers. The team also includes Ran Dimant, who has experience in international corporate and securities transactions and recently promoted partner Hagai Sternberg, who advises start-ups and emerging companies on issues including corporate governance and equity financing. Also of note, the firm hired several lawyers in 2019, including hi-tech and venture capital specialist Yonatan Elisher, who had previously been in partnership at a boutique corporate and commercial firm.
Einat Katzenell; Ran Dimant; Hagai Shternberg
‘This company and team, not only have the best interests of the customer always in mind, but they are also highly professional in anything tech-related that they do – funding, M&A, commercial agreements etc. I use them for my business activity in both Israel and Canada.‘
‘Einat Katzenell is the best attorney that I have worked with in the past 16 years since I started my career in the tech sector and in the past 5 years as an entrepreneur.‘
‘Einat is a sharp, intelligent lawyer.‘
‘The team is efficient, mindful of the client’s need and strives to get the deal done.‘
‘Amazing team. They work quickly and efficiently.‘
‘Einat Katzenell is very experienced and seasoned lawyer, with clear thinking and deal making orientation.‘
‘Einat is a great lawyer and especially great in driving business. She knows what are the key points and what minor issues can be ignored. She also provides great advice for the business negotiations and was extremely helpful in driving the legal discussions to deal closure.‘
eyeSight Mobile Technologies
Holon Institute of Technology
BIRAD – Research and Development Company
TCM International Trade
Mad Brain Games
- Acting for Holon Institute of Technology, a higher education institution, in all of its legal aspects, including its TTO named AYYT.
- Representing software company Samanage since its inception up to its sale to Solarwinds for $350m in cash in April 2019.
- Representing Cyber-Hat, a prominent and innovative cyber security company, in connection with all corporate, financing and commercial matters, which included several large transactions in 2019.
Lipa Meir & Co has made a strong push into the hi-tech space, most recently highlighted by its combination with Yingke Israel - Eyal Khayat, Zolty, Neiger & Co in June 2019; a move that brought to the team Eyal Khayat and Amir Zolty. Of particular note, Khayat and Zolty have particular expertise in cross-border matters involving China, which further bolsters the firm's discrete international transactions practice, led by Gary Copelovitz. The hi-tech team has recently been involved in a number of mergers in the tech space and financing transactions involving international funders. In addition, the team advised several institutional clients on tech-based commercial agreements and joint ventures. Ziv Preis is a contact for financing and funds transactions.
Ziv Preis; Gary Copelovitz; Eyal Khayat; Amir Zolty
Clalit Health Services
UST Global Private
Gizmox and Galil CS
- Acting for Clalit Health Services in a wide variety of matters, including in managing a number of R&D centres, which advance start-up ventures and medical technology transactions with well-known companies, as well as submitting requests for financing to the Innovation Authority
- Advising Terkace Technologies on a raft of commercial matters including consulting, research and development, licensing and supplier agreements.
- Acted for Israeli software development kit platform company SafeDK in its acquisition by US mobile gaming platform AppLovin.
M. Firon & Co Advocates and Notaries has strengths in cross-border M&A and investment transactions, fund formation, and large-scale commercial agreements - 'a mixture of expertise in tech and general commercial work that creates good results in any legal challenges' faced by clients. The team is instructed by Israeli start-ups, multinational companies and investors, and is particularly active in the areas of cyber, online gaming, biotech and healthcare, fintech and blockchain. Jacob Enoch has extensive experience in cross-border matters involving Chinese participants, and is regularly involved in major M&A and corporate transactions in Israel; Jacob Sarov leads the firm's internet law, e-commerce and online gaming practices; and hi-tech practice head Gail Etzion is rated for her 'ability to communicate complex legal structures in a simple manner that builds trust and comfort'.
Gail Etzion; Jacob Sarov; Jacob Enoch
‘Innovative and eager to understand what is going on in other jurisdictions in which this area has gained traction.‘
‘Jacob Sarov is good to work with – a deal driver. He has built a strong client base.‘
‘Very knowledgeable in the technology market. Extremely responsive and creative.‘
‘The mixture of expertise in tech and general commercial work creates a good results in any legal challenges our company faces so far.‘
‘Gail Etzion’s exceptional thinking and approaches to overcome complicated challenges in a simple but professional way is extraordinary. Her ability to communicate complex law structures in a simple manner builds trust and comfort.‘
Ayalon Mutual Fund
Excellence Mutual Fund
- Representing Elbit Systems in the NIS1.9bn acquisition of IMI.
- Representing Aman in a JV and mutual investment agreement with Yunnan Investment Holdings Group Company in a blockchain based initiative targeting the Chinese market.
- Acted in the establishment of a new Israeli venture fund (as a Tech-Elite Mutual Fund) that can invest in non-liquidated and private companies that operate in the field of R&D in Israel, competing for a government tender for up to four government-backed, Tel Aviv-listed technology growth funds, which will be eligible for some loss protection and governmental credit guarantees.
The team at S. Horowitz & Co provides 'clear and concise advice' to venture capital funds and corporate investors, academic institutions, entrepreneurs and tech companies involved in a variety of industries, including fintech, cyber security, healthcare, food-tech and sports-tech. The practice group is led by Mordehay Malca, who acts for every type of tech-sector participant, from company founders to international technology companies; he also has experience in offshore and onshore fund formation. Amit Steinman specialises in equity deals and other investment transactions, acting for VCs, private equity investors and financing institutions; and Clifford Davis and Keith Shaw are rated for achieving 'perfect outcomes' that are 'beyond expectation'.
‘Very responsive, providing clear, commercial advice.‘
‘The team is professional in terms of legal advice. They helped to close the deal in a timely manner. They supported us regardless of the time zone difference. Their expertise in both English language and local laws (Israeli law) helped us a lot.‘
‘Mr Clifford Davis and and his colleague Mr Keith Shaw are both professional and helpful. They always provide helpful and timely responses. Given the complexity of our deal, they worked to a perfect standard and the outcome was beyond our expectations.‘
Medial Research Group
Gladston Group Holdings
Orbbec 3D Technology International
Chengdu Kanghong Pharmaceuticals
Buyers Edge Platform
SafeCharge International Group
Coral Reef Technologies
Yeda Research and Development
K.I. Research Institute
- Represented the Medial in several joint venture transactions with some of the world’s major health care institutions, and in current investment transactions, in which Marius Nacht and Hong Kong-based Horizons Ventures, as well as other investors invested a total amount of $30m.
- Acting for global fintech company, Final Group in all its activities, both in Israel and worldwide.
- Acting for Gladston Group Holdings (a portfolio company of the Wicks Group) in connection with the acquisition of Webcollage.
Tadmor Levy & Co. is 'very strong and has extensive knowledge and experience in all stages of the start-up and hi-tech ecosystem'. The practice group acts for entrepreneurs, start-ups, tech incubators and investors, and has experience in hi-tech sub-sectors including medical devices, fintech, cyber, telecoms and media, and autonomous driving and auto-tech. Elie Sprung heads the hi-tech and venture capital department, and is rated by clients for his 'focus', his 'knowledge of the law and current market standards', and his 'business awareness'. Yaniv Aronowich and Ophir Nave jointly head the M&A practice and are both rated for their work in the hi-tech space. Also recommended is Tamar Krongrad, who leads the cross-border corporate and commercial team.
‘Team members I have worked with have a practical hands-on approach, with strong knowledge of the law and are focused on getting the deal done.‘
‘I have mainly worked with Elie Sprung. Elie has a great knowledge of the law and current market standards and trends. He is practical in his approach and is generally a pleasure to work with.‘
‘We have worked with three outstanding partners – Elie Sprung, Yaniv Aronowich and Ophir Nave. All three are of the highest level of start-up and M&A lawyers and I would recommend them.‘
‘The legal team was extremely engaged with the need to close our deals quickly and worked with the investors’ legal teams and was able to sketch agreements that were accepted by all and were able to manage the entire process. I’m a serial entrepreneur and in the last 20+ years, I worked with several law firms in Israel and in the US and this is the best legal team I have ever had.‘
‘They are always available and you will be treated as their only customer.‘
‘Yaniv Aronowich is a smart lawyer, helps us in negotiations and extremely knowledgable. His team is very communicative. We have been working with them since the inception of the company and are very happy with our decision.‘
‘Tadmor Levy’s team is very strong and has extensive knowledge and experience in all stages of the start-up and hi-tech ecosystem. All of the team is extremely experienced and very practical, and their knowledge allows them to focus on the important points and move forward negotiations.‘
‘Elie is the most business aware, practical, and commercial lawyer I have worked with.‘
‘I would like to point out Elie Sprung’s focus. As someone that doesn’t have a law background, you get the “red marked” documents from lawyers and you don’t know what is important and what is not. You need the support to do business. Elie always tells me what’s important, and what I should focus on. That helps to make business.‘
I.B.C. Israel BroadBand Company (2013)
Cor-Act Medical Technologies
Pretzel Voice Labs
- Represented Incentive Incubator, one of the 20 state sponsored technological incubators, in all its investment activity (both in the initial incubator investment, as well as follow-on investments) in start-up companies, including, among others, medical device companies, with a focus on single- patient-use-devices, as well as in software companies, with a focus on scalable B2B solutions.
- Represented and provided legal counsel to Drive and the “Fast Lane” accelerator on an ongoing basis and often lecture in front of the mobility community on its behalf. Advise Drive on its agreements with its partners as well as other agreements in its operations.
- Represented US-based cyber security company Sepio Systems in a number of financing rounds and in a recent strategic investment, as well as advising Sepio Systems with respect to employment, consulting, and distribution agreements.
Tulchinsky Stern Marciano Cohen Levitski & Co. stands out for its experience in multibillion-dollar M&A, the profile of its core client base, and its knowledge of the healthcare, life sciences, medical devices and biotech industries. Of particular note, in 2019 David Cohen helped close the $3.4bn acquisition of Orbotech by KLA-Tencor, a transaction in which he acted for the Israeli target company. Another name to note is Doron Stern, a key adviser to some of the firm's biggest funds clients, including Jerusalem Venture Partners and Sanara Ventures. In addition to its healthcare and life sciences work, team members including Uri Nesher have advised cloud computing and internet start-ups on corporate transactions and commercial agreements with international tech giants. Also recommended are Uri Barak and Alon Tabak-Aviram. Daniel Chinn left the firm for AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co in December 2018.
David Cohen; Doron Stern
Jerusalem Venture Partners
The National Institute for Biotechnology in the Negev
Civan Advanced Technologies
Sanara Ventures and its portfolio companies
Tevel Aerobotics Technologies
- Represented Orbotech in a $3.4bn deal in which it was acquired by KLA-Tencor.
- Representation of Jerusalem Venture Partners in a string of investments in hi-tech companies, such as food-tech start-up and blockchain cybersecurity start-up Valid Network.
- Acting for live streaming platform Belive Studios in multiple agreements, including with Facebook, Twitch and others, and including raising financing through issuance of simple agreements for future equity.
Zysman, Aharoni, Gayer & Co (ZAG-S&W)
Zysman, Aharoni, Gayer & Co (ZAG-S&W) is part of an office network spanning Israel, China, the UK and the US; a unique platform for an Israeli firm, and one that places the firm in a strong position to advise on multi-jurisdictional M&A and investment deals, commercial transactions and international securities issues. The hi-tech group is jointly headed by Shmuel Zysman and Mor Limanovich, 'an outstanding lawyer and a great person'. Zysman and Limanovich are instructed by start-ups and growth companies in a huge variety of fields, including robotics, cyber and auto-tech. Another key figure in the team is Itamar Mei-Zahav, who heads the firm's private equity and venture capital practice and is particularly experienced in the life sciences, biotech and med-tech sectors.
Shmuel Zysman; Mor Limanovich
‘Smart cohesive team focused on support and providing best service.‘
‘Mor Limanovich is an outstanding lawyer and a great person.‘
Zeekit online shopping
On Track Innovations
GMO Global Medical
Social Tokens (Woobi)
Real Technology Broker
- Acted as US and Israeli counsel to Pointer in the transaction for its sale valued at $140 million in cash and stock.
- Represented the Israeli shareholder and management team of Qualitest in its acquisition by Bridgepoint.
- Represented P-Cure and its American shareholders in the establishment of a JV in China with a Chinese investor.