Erdinast, Ben Nathan, Toledano & Co.'s 'very sharp and reliable' practice has strength in public and private M&A, spanning various sectors, including technology, telecoms and financial services. In a recent highlight, the firm advised The Livnat Group and Taavura Holdings on the purchase of shares in Nesher Group for approximately $520m. Doni Toledano has wide-ranging experience which includes cross-border M&A, acquisition financing and complex regulatory matters. Lior Oren has notable expertise in the tech sector and is also strong in transactions in the financial services, defence and telecoms sectors. Roy Caner has a strong track record advising venture capital funds and start-ups raising capital in Israel and overseas.
Commercial, corporate and M&A in Israel
Other key lawyers:
Lior Oren; Roy Caner; Nitzan Aberbach
‘Very responsive team – always available notwithstanding the different time zones and holiday period.’
‘Nitzan Aberbach is particularly strong. Extremely responsive – he went out of his way to provide great service at all hours. Pragmatic and easy to work with.’
Hellman & Friedman LLC
Mizrahi Tefahot Bank Ltd.
Partner Communications Company Ltd.
Mobileye Vision Technologies Ltd.
The Livnat Group
Taavura Holdings Ltd.
Carmen Assets Management (1997) Ltd.
Apax Partners, L.P.
Carasso Motors Ltd.
1-800 Contacts, Inc.
Blue Square Real Estate Ltd.
Kaymera Technologies Ltd.
- Advised Hellman and Friedman, a private equity firm based in San Francisco, in relation to a transaction facilitating the purchase of Checkmarx Ltd for $1.15bn.
- Advised XIO Group on the sale of its entire shareholdings in Lumenis Ltd. for approx. $1.25bn.
- Advised Mizrahi on its merger with Union Bank of Israel, which involved a challenge by the Competition Authority.
FISCHER (FBC & Co.)'s team has a wealth of expertise in M&A in various industries, including heavily regulated sectors, and acts for major domestic and international clients. In one standout matter, the firm advised ECI Telecom on its $485m sale to Ribbon Communications through a reverse triangle merger. Avraham Well, who has over 30 years of experience in the field of corporate law, is often involved in major transactions, including Centrebridge Partners and Gallatin Point Capital's NIS1.7bn acquisition of The Phoenix Insurance. Raz Tepper specialises in M&A in the healthcare, life sciences and hi-tech sectors. Ute Klose-Goldstein is also noted.
Other key lawyers:
Raz Tepper; Eran Yaniv; Ute Klose-Goldstein
‘A great team. Smart, pragmatic with unparalleled experience and dedication. ’
‘Extensive experience coupled with unparalleled dedication and effectiveness.’
‘Avraham Well understands the complexity of transactions.’
‘FBC’s team is extremely professional, possesses great drafting and negotiations skills, and most importantly, is fun to work with.’
‘The team I worked with were pragmatic and responsive.’
AngioDynamics Netherlands B.V.
Evergreen Venture Partners
Newrest Group Holding SA
Pitango Venture Capital
Talma Travel and Tours Limited
Bank Leumi Le’Israel
Clal Industries Ltd.
Fiverr International Ltd.
Gallatin Point Capital
IDE Technologies Ltd.
Israel Discount Bank
Noble Energy Mediterranean Ltd.
Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd.
Servotronix Motion Control Ltd.
State of Israel
- Advised ECI Telecom on its approx. $485m sale to Ribbon Communications through a reverse triangle merger.
- Advised Centerbridge Partners and Gallatin Point Capital on their joint NIS1.7bn acquisition of The Phoenix Insurance.
- Advised a group of purchasers on the acquisition of a majority stake in Cohen Development Gas & Oil Ltd from the Delek Group for NIS207m.
With a diverse client roster, Goldfarb Seligman & Co.'s 'very smart and experienced' team is active in major domestic and multinational M&A and other corporate transactions, including stock and asset purchases and statutory mergers. The firm's recent highlights include advising Baring Private Equity Asia PTE on its £1.2bn acquisition of Lumenis from Chinese PE fund XIO Group. Ashok Chandrasekhar is often instructed to advise clients (both investors and target companies) on private equity transactions and cross-border M&A. Dubi Zoltak has a wealth of experience in major real estate transactions. Rami Sofer often advises government entities and private companies on the financing of large-scale infrastructure projects.
Yudi Levy; Ashok Chandrasekhar; Dubi Zoltak; Rami Sofer; Sharon Gazit; Benjamin Rotenberg
Other key lawyers:
Adam Klein; Michael Heller; Aaron Lampert; Guy Gordon
‘Rami Sofer and his team are very business oriented and offer exceptionally high quality legal services.’
‘One of the larger M&A practices in the market with a number of excellent practitioners.’
‘Adam Klein is a great guy and nice to work with. Aaron Lampert and Ashok Chandresakhar also have great reputations.’
‘In terms of reputation, Goldarb is a leading firm in this market.’
‘Goldfarb’s Seligman’s lawyers are highly knowledgeable about their clients’ business interests and have a great attention to detail during M&A transactions.’
Warburg Pincus LLC
The Central Bottling Company
Baring Private Equity Asia Ltd.
Temasek Holdings Private Limited
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Cisco Systems Inc.
International Beer Breweries Limited
Northrop Grumman International Trading Inc.
Dell-EMC, including EMC Israel Development Center Ltd.
Comtech Telecommunications Corporation
The Volvo Group
Axel Springer SE.
NICE Systems Ltd.
- Advised Comtech on its $532.5m acquisition of Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd.
- Advised Baring Private Equity Asia PTE. Ltd. in connection with its $1.2bn acquisition of Lumenis Ltd. from XIO Group.
- Advised Marlin in relation to Bridgepoint’s acquisition of Qualitest, a complex multijurisdictional deal requiring tax and corporate structuring reflecting multiple stakeholder considerations, and cooperation among counsel in several jurisdictions.
Gornitzky & Co.'s 'very strong team' is well known for assisting overseas funds, corporations and investors looking to access the Israeli market. In addition, the firm has a strong track record advising Israeli companies on domestic and outbound transactions. Chaim Friedland is a popular choice for major corporates for large transactions. Recently, he advised ADO Group on its sale to Adler Real Estate AG for over €708m through a reverse triangular merger. Elite Elkon's standout work includes advising Delek Group on the sale of its controlling stake in Phoenix to PE funds Centerbridge and Gallatin for a total of approx. $713m. Ori Yitzhak is another name to note.
Chaim Friedland; Elite Elkon
Other key lawyers:
Shlomo Landress; Yehonatan Raff; Ori Yitzhak; Nir Knoll
‘Chaim Friedland and Idan Baki both were very experienced and were able to view the transaction from a business as well as legal perspective. Very helpful in contributing to resolutions between the parties. I highly recommend them.’
‘Elite Elkon is an excellent lawyer in the area of financial services regulation.
‘Attentive, very talented and super responsive. They have the experience and practicality.’
‘Shlomo Landress is one of the best lawyers I have worked with in my career. A fantastic practitioner with a sharp analytical eye.’
CVC Capital Partners
Dan Public Transportation Ltd
Electra Consumer Products (1970) Ltd.
Eviation Aircraft Ltd.
Mediterranean Car Agency Ltd.
Melisron Real Estate
Morningside International LLC
Poalim Capital Markets Ltd.
Rapyd Technologies Ltd.
Salt of the Earth Ltd.
The Mutual Fund of Employers
The Phoenix Insurance Company Ltd.
Venus Concept Ltd.
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on its purchase of 26% of the issued and outstanding share capital of ironSource Ltd. for over $400m.
- Advising Newtrition Fund on the establishment of an Israeli “feeder fund” that will allow numerous smaller Israeli investors to invest capital into it.
- Advised ADO Group on its sale to Adler Real Estate AG for over EUR708m.
Gross Law Firm – GKH excels in cross-border M&A, particularly in deals involving Chinese companies and investors. Esther Koren, who is also a certified public accountant, recently advised IDB and DIC Group on various pressing transactions, including the sale of Shufersal shares (by DIC) for approx. ILS1.26bn. Richard Mann leads the firm's international M&A practice, through which he acts for buyers, sellers and investors on a wide range of complex, high-value transactions. Of particular note, Mann acted as Israeli counsel to Ribbon Communications on its acquisition of ECI Telecom Group for $486m. Moshe Ganot frequently advises domestic and foreign corporates on corporate and securities law mandates.
Esther Koren; Richard Mann
Other key lawyers:
IDB Development Corporation Ltd.
Keter Plastic Ltd
Lapidoth Israel Oil Prospectors Corp. Ltd.
Mekorot Development and Enterprise Ltd.
Mekorot Water Company
Meta Networks Ltd.
Moon Capital Ltd.
PBC – Property and Building Corp.
- Advised Insight Partners on its $1.1bn acquisition of Armis Security.
- Advised Property and Building Corporation Ltd. in connection with the sale of 100% of Ispro the Israeli Properties Rental Corp. Ltd.
- Advised Insightec on its Series F financing round of more than $107m, principally from Koch Disruptive Technologies.
Herzog Fox & Neeman's 'very strong and dedicated' practice has notable expertise advising clients on matters relating to Israel's anti-concentration law and anti-takeover legislation. The firm recently advised IEC on the sale of various businesses, including the Alon Tavor power plant for approximately $550m. Ran Hai is well known for advising major corporates and PE funds on inbound and outbound transactions; he advised SBTech on its three-way merger with Draftkings Inc. and Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corp. Hanan Haviv has a particularly strong reputation in the technology sector, having advised clients including Facebook and IBM on acquisitions of Israeli companies. Yair Geva has an impressive track record in multibillion-dollar M&A. Ehud Sol remains a key player in market-leading M&A.
Alan Sacks; Ehud Sol; Ran Hai; Nir Dash; Hanan Haviv; Yair Geva
‘A top tier M&A practice.’
‘Unrivalled expertise and in-depth of coverage. They nurture next generation lawyers well and have expertise in all necessary practice areas to support significant corporate M&A transactions.’
‘Ehud Sol – an anchor partner; experienced and strategic.’
‘I find Hanan Haviv an excellent professional with whom I enjoy working very much.’
‘Ran Hai – exceptional legal professional, highly commercial with excellent technical expertise.’
‘One of the best, full service corporate teams and what is probably the leading, full service firm in the market.’
‘Several stars. We particularly like working with the up and coming new generation including Ran Hai and Nir Dash.’
‘Deep expertise and broad range of experience in transactions of all sizes. The members of the team work together seamlessly from our perspective.’
Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd
Apax Partners; AMI Opportunities Fund
Israel Electric Corporation Ltd.
Cellcom Israel Ltd.
Paz Oil Company Ltd.
Leumi Partners Ltd.
Discount Capital Ltd.
Integer SMI Ltd.
Eight Roads Ventures
MLS Computer Systems Ltd.
- Advising Israel Electric Corporation in connection with ongoing reform and structural change in the Israeli electricity sector, involving the sale of IEC’s assets.
- Advised SBTech on a three-way merger with a leading US fantasy sports operator – DraftKings into a publicly listed NASDAQ SPAC, creating a vertically integrated powerhouse.
- Advised Microsoft Corporation on the acquisition of 100% of CyberX Israel Ltd.’s issued and outstanding share capital.
Meitar Law Offices's practice expanded with the recruitment of partner Alon Bachar (formerly at Israel's Privacy Protection Authority) in April 2020 and four partner promotions. The team is involved in numerous headline-grabbing M&A and investments relating to private and public companies, with particular dominance in the tech sector. In a recent highlight, Dan Shamgar was part of a team that advised Taboola and Outbrain on their merger creating a company valued at $2bn. Dan Geva often assists large corporates with the planning and structuring of high-value transactions. Clifford Felig's recent highlights include advising Searchlight Capital on its acquisition of a controlling stake in B Communications. Itay Frishman is a key contact for clients in the technology sector.
Dan Geva; Dan Shamgar; Clifford Felig
Other key lawyers:
Alon Sahar; Itay Frishman; Shira Azran; Tali Lungin
‘I worked with Meitar on the sale of a portfolio company to a US public company. Dan Shamgar who led the deal is a star and arguably the best M&A lawyer in Israel. His understanding of the legal regime in Israel and the US was particularly instrumental.’
Habana Labs Ltd.
Armis Security Ltd.
Palo Alto Networks
Gazit Globe Ltd.
- Advised Taboola and Outbrain on their merger, using two different teams.
- Advised Habana Labs Ltd. on its sale to Intel Corporation in a cash deal worth $2bn.
- Advised Searchlight Capital on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Bezeq, Israel’s largest telecom operator.
Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co.'s 'excellent team' is frequently engaged to handle major domestic and international M&A, often involving publicly traded companies. The firm recently advised NSO Group Technologies on its $800m management buyout and, separately, advised Red Dot Capital and Temasek on the $1.1bn sale of Armis to Insight Partners. Sharon Amir has notable expertise in private equity transactions, demonstrated by his role as an adviser to FIMI, however he is also involved in a high volume of major M&A deals. Tuvia Geffen, who is able to draw on previous experience working in New York, has a wealth of experience in cross-border M&A. Meital Zimberg Lederman is also noted.
Sharon Amir; Tuvia Geffen
Other key lawyers:
Tal Eliasaf; Einat Rosu; Meital Zimberg Lederman
‘Very attentive, highly skilled, diverse and clever – rapidly understanding the matters at hand, providing the appropriate legal interpretation, presenting it in writing and verbally in face to face meetings with our customers and counterparts.’
‘Tal Eliasaf and the rest of the NBA team have exceptional strength in M&A and the client service is outstanding. They are incredibly responsive, hard-working, very experienced, and truly business oriented. This is the team that we know we can trust and rely on.’
‘Tal Eliasaf is a powerhouse in terms of his business negotiation skills and the best M&A lawyer I’ve ever worked with.’
‘Excellent team that provides a first-class service all the way. Everyone on the team is very responsive, knowledgeable, and efficient.’
‘Meital Zimberg Lederman’s ability to work with her team and get back to us very fast on a variety of topics really helps us move at a fast pace and make the right decision.’
Gilat Satellite Networks
Red Dot Capital
Oxygen & Argon Works
Rivulis Irrigation Systems
Bet Shemesh Engines
Poalim Capital Markets
- Advising Gilat Satellite Networks on its $580m sale to Comtech Telecommunications Corp.
- Advised Elco on its $290m acquisition of Supergas from Azrieli Group.
- Advised Aeronautics on its $230m sale to Rafael Advanced Defense Systems.
S. Horowitz & Co often advises international companies looking to access the Israeli market through M&A deals. The firm is also well known for advising Israeli companies engaged in major transactions, acting for PE funds on acquisitions in Israel and advising insurance companies on corporate transactions. Clifford Davis frequently represents multi-nationals in large M&A transactions. Amit Steinman, who previously worked as a corporate lawyer in New York, advises a range of clients from the US, Europe and Japan on M&A, joint ventures and acquisition financing. Aharon Bloch is also noted.
Clifford Davis; Amit Steinman
Other key lawyers:
Aharon Bloch; Shlomi Delgo
‘The team has a vast experience in M&A in general and in the infrastructure field in particular. They are very professional and afford significant importance to details and accuracy of wording in comparison to other law firms that we are working with.’
‘We have been working with Amit Steinman and Shlomi Delgo for many years. They are both highly professional, reliable and affable to work with. They have many years of experience and a lot of legal and business knowledge and above all they know best how to identify and achieve their client’s most important goals.’
Ashdod Port Company
Israel Infrastructure Fund
Chengdu Kanghong Pharmaceutical Group Co
The Phoenix Holdings Ltd
Ben-Ari Engineering Group Ltd.
Megorit Israel Ltd.
Rhythm One PLC
AIG Europe Limited
Wobi Insurance Agency
Clal Insurance Ltd.
Minrav Projects Limited
Paz Oil Company
Bank Hapoalim Ltd.
Bank Mizrahi Tefahot
- Advised Advent International on the Israeli law aspect of its $1.6bn acquisition of NASDAQ-listed cyber security company Forescout Technologies.
- Advised Pathfinder Strategic Credit Fund on a complex hybrid investment in ECI Telecom.
- Advising Minrav Projects in connection with its NIS600m sale via a reverse triangular merger, whereby all of the shares of Minrav Projects will be purchased by a subsidiary held in equal parts by Israel Canada Ltd and A.R Rem Projects Ltd.
Yigal Arnon & Co's 'very dedicated' practice is regularly involved in multibillion-dollar M&A transactions in Israel, including Intel Corporation's $2bn acquisition of Habana Labs in an all cash deal. Barry Levenfeld, who specialises in high-tech M&A, recently advised Nvidia on its $6.9bn acquisition of Mellanox. Barak Platt focuses on venture capital and private equity deals, predominantly in the hi-tech sector. David Schapiro, who is dual qualified in Israel and New York, is a key contact for cross-border M&A.
Barry Levenfeld; Barak Platt; David Schapiro
Other key lawyers:
‘Very good at not only understanding the problems and issues, but also at listening to their client’s ideas about how to achieve non-intuitive goals and solutions. The team is very easy to work with and provides exactly the type of advice and support that you, as a GC, want from outside counsel.’
‘Micki Shapira is a top quality partner in terms of legal skills, who doesn’t forget that the deal is all about the client.’
‘The team is very dedicated, providing us with very solid and comprehensive solutions. Also, they are very experienced with cross-border issues especially related to clients with operations in China.’
Quotient Technology Inc.
IM Cannabis Corporation
Hubei Forbon Technology Co.
National Instruments Corporation
Betcon, Dickinson and Company
Union Industrial Vehicle
CN Logistics International Holdings Ltd.
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Nike Europe Inc.
Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
Shanghai Giant Network Technology Co.
- Advised Intel Corporation on its $2bn acquisition of Habana Labs Ltd.
- Advised Salesforce on its acquisition of Clicksoftware Technologies from the private equity fund Francisco Partners for approx. $1.35bn.
- Advised Intel Corporation on its $1bn acquisition of urban mobility application Moovit.
Barnea Jaffa Lande & Co.'s team has a particular focus on cross-border transactions and notable expertise in the healthcare and life sciences sector. The 'very commercial' group has significant experience of investment rounds, PE exits, hostile takeovers and international M&A. In recent work, the firm advised Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation on its investments in Israeli companies, totalling over $100m. Michael Barnea frequently advises domestic and foreign clients on joint ventures, strategic alliances and restructuring matters. Ariella Dreyfuss assists hi-tech clients with accessing the Israeli market and various other corporate matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘Michael Barnea is not only my legal counsel, but also my business mentor. He is one of the best transnational lawyers in Israel. He understands my needs and my business. He is extremely talented and solution-oriented. When Micky is in a room, everyone waits for him to speak, even the lawyers on the other side. He is such a good negotiator that he is able to persuade the other side to trust and follow him, like a real leader. Micky inspires confidence with his depth of experience and knowledge.’
Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation
The Sartorius Group
Hachoshlim Fund Cooperative Agricultural Society Ltd
Platop Advanced Dental
- Advised CryoLife on its contemplated strategic investment in Israeli medtech start-up Endospan.
- Advising Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation, the venture capital fund of Johnson & Johnson, in relation to its investments in companies from the Israeli medtech field.
- Advised Azrieli Group on the sale of its holdings in Supergas to Elco for NIS820m.
M. Firon & Co Advocates and Notaries' team specialises in M&A involving companies in the defence, life sciences, TMT and financial services industries. Jacob Enoch has considerable strength and depth in complex cross-border and domestic M&A transactions, and Zvi Firon has a wealth of experience in transactional and contentious mandates. David Abadi specialises in commercial law.
Jacob Enoch; David Abadi
Other key lawyers:
‘Jacob Enoch – hands down the number one M&A attorney in Israel.’
‘Superb. Best in Israel in international work. ’
‘Jacob Enoch is the most creative deal maker out there.’
‘Jacob Enoch – our main contact and a true legal super star.’
‘Jacob Enoch – we have used him on several transactions. Very diverse. Razor sharp. We have used him in local and international scenarios; he exceled in both.’
Tadmor Levy & Co. predominantly advises clients on investments and acquisitions, leveraging its strong connections with private equity firms. 'Deal maker' Ophir Nave has a formidable reputation in the defence sector, having negotiated several high value M&A deals for major players in this market. Yaniv Aronowich frequently advises clients in the hi-tech, transport and media sectors on corporate and commercial transactions. Elie Sprung remains very active in a wide range of transactions, with particular specialisms in hi-tech and venture capital deals.
Ophir Nave; Yaniv Aronowich; Elie Sprung
‘Nave is a brilliant lawyer who brings to the table exceptional value, top negotiation skills and the ability to speak on the same level as top executives from the largest global corporations.
‘Professionalism, availability, client handling, wide knowledge, cross-disciplinary.’
‘Yaniv Aronowich is unique in his out of the box thinking.’
‘They are fast, diligent and offer a very high level of service, which I believe is crucial for in-house counsel. We engaged them on a long-term M&A project, and they have been performing outstandingly.’
‘Yaniv Aronowich is definitely one of the best M&A lawyers I’ve ever met – he displayed impressive efficiency, availability, creativity.’
‘Very knowledgeable team, diligent, extremely responsive, very nice to work with.’
Max It Finance Ltd.
Altria Group, Inc.
Rafael Advanced Defense Systems
Israel Shipyards Ltd.
Israel Weapon Industries
DBAG Phoenix Investment SARL
Delek Infrastructure Ltd.
I.B.C. Israel BroadBand Company (2013) Ltd.
Generation Capital Fund
Israel Chemicals Ltd.
Direct Finance of Direct Group (2006) Ltd.
- Advise General Atlantic in relation to a Series E investment in Riskified (approx. $165m) and a Series E investment in AppsFlyer (approx. $210m).
- Advised Max It Finance in connection with a transaction to acquire 100% of the share capital of Caspit Payment Technologies Ltd.
- Advised Rafael Advanced Defense Systems in relation to the acquisition of 100% of the assets of VisionMap Ltd.
With particular expertise in the technology, venture capital and pharmaceutical sectors, Tulchinsky Marciano Cohen Levitski & Co.'s team is involved in a high volume of financing transactions, including fundraising, M&A, joint ventures and public offerings. Menachem Tulchinsky stands out for recently advising AbbVie, Israel's largest pharmaceutical company, on its successful $40.5bn acquisition of Allergan's generic business. David Cohen is another key name. In early 2021, Doron Stern left the firm.
Menachem Tulchinsky; David Cohen; Alon Tabak Aviram; Gershon Shalom-Winter; Uri Barak; Dafna Achiam Tal
‘Menachem Tulchinsky and Dafna Achiam Tal produce high quality work.’
‘The team are practical, smart, knowledgeable and always on the money in terms of focusing on what’s important and delivering on a timely basis. ’
‘Menachem Tulchinsky is the real deal. Call him with your most important problems. ’
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP)
Sanara Ventures Ltd.
Advanced Dicing Technologies Ltd.
Mobius Solutions Ltd.
- Advising Teva Pharmaceutical Industries regarding all their commercial needs, including M&A and financing transactions.
- Advising Jerusalem Venture Partners on numerous matters, including investments (totaling approx. NIS150m) in rapidly growing companies.
- Advised Mobius Solutions Ltd. on the acquisition of all business assets of Axonite.
Agmon & Co. Rosenberg Hacohen & Co. has particular expertise in M&A transactions in the energy, pharmaceutical and real estate sectors. Among notable work highlights, the firm advised Delek Group on multiple transactions, including the acquisition of shares in EMG and the sale of its assets. Dan HaCohen stands out for his expertise in oil and gas and energy deals; Ehud Arad is a go-to partner for clients involved in cross-border M&A; Osnat Sarusi-Firstater is a leading expert in hi-tech transactions involving domestic and international companies.
Dan HaCohen; Ehud Arad; Osnat Sarusi Firstater
Other key lawyers:
Shirel Guttman-Amira; Yifat Tsafrir; Evyatar Sadeh
Noble Energy and Delek Drilling
S. Cohen steel Industries. Ltd.
Delek Automotive Systems Ltd.
Be Drugstore LTD.
Y.H.K Holdings Group Ltd.
Centrica Nederland B.V.
Doral Renewable Energies
Innovate Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Advised Delek Drilling and Noble Energy in relation to the negotiations for the acquisition of approx. 39% of the shares of Egyptian East Mediterranean gas company EMG.
- Advised Delek Group on the sale of its assets.
- Advised Centrica Innovations on a quick and successful exit from its initial investment in Indegy, when Indegy was acquired by Tenable Inc.
Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co. Advocates and Notary advises international clients on all of their corporation transactions in Israel and has notable expertise in the pharmaceutical sector. Ian Rostowsky, co-head of the firm's hi-tech and venture capital department, has a particular sweet spot handling mid-market M&A transactions. Yoav Etzyon specialises in venture capital investments, private equity, M&A, joint ventures and technology licensing agreements.
Yoav Etzyon; Ian Rostowsky
Dupont Safety & Construction, Inc.
Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
The Time Innovations Ltd.
Zifroni Chemicals Supplies Ltd.
Namogoo Technologies Ltd.
Stage One Capital
The Nielsen Company
Reshet Media Ltd.
Catalyst Private Equity Partners
- Advised Meridian Bioscience on its acquisition of Israeli Exalenz Bioscience for $50m.
- Advised ObserveIT on its sale to Proofpoint Inc. for $225m in cash.
- Advised Dupont on its acquisition of all the shares of Israeli company, Desalitech, making it a wholly owned subsidiary of Dupont.
H-F & Co.
H-F & Co. focuses on advising clients active in the hi-tech industry on M&A, financing, licensing and commercial agreements. Highlights included advising Waze on its acquisition by Google for over $1bn. Founding partner Nitzan Hirsch-Falk is highly respected for his expertise in the tech sector, which includes handling corporate transactions and capital markets work. Yuval Oren is also a leading figure in hi-tech M&A.
Nitzan Hirsch-Falk; Yuval Oren
Other key lawyers:
Ora Templeman; Maor Levran
Moovit App Global Ltd.
Akamai Technologies, Inc.
S&W Media Group
- Advised Moovit on its $900m acquisition by Intel Corporation.
- Advised Mimecast on its acquisition of Segasec, an Israeli cyber-security company.
- Advised Elastifile on its acquisition by Google.
Lipa Meir & Co’s team specialises in cross-border transactions - including joint ventures and acquisitions – often involving clients in the healthcare, energy, automotive and food industries. Ziv Preis has a wealth of experience in cross-border M&A. Uzi Mor has a strong reputation in M&A spanning numerous sectors, with a particular niche in corporate transactions and commercial disputes involving cooperatives. Gary Copelovitz , who heads the firm's international department, specialises in assisting multinationals with joint ventures, financing agreements and incorporation in Israel.
Uzi Mor; Ziv Preis; Gary Copelovitz
‘Lipa Meir & Co know the industry very well and especially the legal aspects of cooperatives as legal entities which are different from private companies.
‘Uzi Mor has a deep understanding of the business issues, coupled with good availability, best practice and sense. He offers creative and simple solutions for complicated legal maters. We know that we can trust his judgment.’
Avery Dennison Hanita Coatings
Yossi Maiman / Merhav (M.N.F) Ltd.
The Kibbutz Economies Group
Astral Hotels Ltd.
Bagir Group Ltd.
SafeDK Mobile Ltd.
Ginegar Plastic Products Ltd.
Rail Vision Ltd.
Mor Research Applications Ltd.
Rafael’s Healthy & Tasty
Safe-T Group Ltd.
Foresight Autonomous Holdings Ltd.
Shekel Scales (2008) Ltd.
Swiss Monday UK
- Advised businessman Yossi Maiman and Merhav (M.N.F) Ltd. on the Israeli legal aspects of the sale of its holdings in EMG to Delek Drilling for $518m.
- Advised The Kibbutz Economies Group on nearly ten transactions worth NIS hundreds of millions in total.
- Advised Hamashbir Hamerkazi on a NIS750m statutory merger with the Jerusalem Economy Group-Industrial Buildings.
Shibolet & Co.'s team is well equipped to advise clients on complex M&A, joint ventures and venture capital investments, among other transactions. The firm is also well known for advising boards of directors, senior management and shareholders on corporate governance and tax issues. Lior Aviram specialises in complex, cross-border M&A and capital markets transactions. Gadi Ouzan is a go-to partner for venture capital funds looking to investment in Israeli start-ups.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team at Shibolet assisted us in acquiring an Israeli entity. They were responsive, cost effective, and worked well with both the in-house legal team and other outside counsel in the US on the acquisition.’
SearchLight Capital Partners
Deep Analytics Ltd.
Inrom Construction Industries Ltd.
Priortech Ltd. and Camtek Ltd.
Livestock Improvement Corporation Limited
Livestock Improvement Corporation
CBRE Group Inc.
Magic Software Enterprises
Delta Galil Industries Ltd.
Elbit Systems Ltd; Elbit Systems C4I and Cyber Ltd.
- Advised Searchlight in connection with its process to acquire a controlling stake in B-Communication Ltd.
- Advised Baidu in relation to the acquisition of Dynamic Yields by McDonald’s, for a total amount of $327m.
- Advised Livestock Improvement Corporation Limited & Livestock Improvement Corporation (UK) Ltd. on the acquisition of 50% of F.F.2 – Afimilk for a total amount of $70m.
Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM)'s 'very talented' team focuses predominantly on cross-border M&A, with particular expertise in deals involving the UK, Germany and the US markets. 'Proactive' attorney Nimrod Rosenblum, who is dual qualified in Israel and the UK, has a strong track record in public and private M&A and private equity transactions. Roni Abelski is a popular choice to assist with takeover strategies.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is professional and reliable, business savvy and highly experienced.
‘Client service is professional, accurate and timely with strong commercial acumen.’
‘Compared to other firms, the team at ERM is more responsive and they know very well how to work with foreign investors.’
‘Roni Abelski is an outstanding M&A lawyer – very knowledgeable, exceptionally responsive and always finds inventive solutions to close difficult deals.’
‘Nimrod Rosenblun is a hands-on partner. He is trusted by the company management and board members to provide sound advice on any legal and business issue that may arise.’
ACS Motion Control
Fosun Group (Shanghai Yuyuan Tourist Mart Company Limited)
Fresenius Medical Care
Happiness Capital (HK)
Kape Technologies PLC
Lahav Group and KWP
Red Sea Group
Tufin Software Technologies Ltd.
- Advised Kedma Capital on the sale of its 50% holdings in Femi Premium to healthcare private equity firm G Square.
- Advised Innogy on the sale of Segasec to Mimecast.
- Advised Azelis Group on its entry into the Israeli market via the acquisition of Orokia Israel Ltd.
FWMK (Furth, Wilensky, Mizrachi, Knaani)'s team has a strong track record advising buyers and sellers on various corporate and commercial transactions, including joint ventures, project financing, licensing, distribution, and supply agreements. The firm is also well known for its expertise assisting clients with strategic planning prior to corporate deals. Erez Mizrachi often assists hi-tech companies with cooperative partnerships, strategic investments, and M&A. Ayelet Oscar is also noted.
Udi Knaani; Erez Mizrachi
Other key lawyers:
‘Compared to other firms I’ve worked with, they understand a lot more about the tax and commercial aspects of transactions.’
‘Understanding the vision and values of the client, concentrating on the key factors of the deal and driving the client to make the right decisions. ’
‘They are always available and consistently provide a very high level of service.’
‘I have worked with several leading law firms, but none compare to FWMK in terms of their professionalism, commitment, availability, deal making skills, creativity, diligence, and the overall great experience they provide throughout the process. I highly recommend FWMK – they never disappoint. ’
‘Very professional, always available. Good and fast service.’
‘Udi Knaani provides a professional service. His wide experience in business and tax affairs makes the service very effective.’
‘The services provided by the firm are at the highest level. A very strong and sophisticated team, comprising extremely skilful, professional and creative lawyers, responding very quickly to the developments involved in the cases.’
Fire Arc Ltd.
Kardan Technologies Ltd.
Medica Medical Centre
Fineline Global PTE LTD
D.F.L Technologies Ltd
DFL Logistics Ltd
Alum Eshet (Oman) Ltd
Altshuler Shaham Group
Edmond de Rothschild (Israel)
Target Global VC
- Advised Barinboim Group on the acquisition of the App Distribution Segment assets and activities of Somoto Limited.
- Advised Alum Eshet (Oman) Ltd on the sale of 20% of its share capital to Leumi Partners Ltd.
- Advised Altshuler Shaham Group on its acquisition of 20% of the share capital of Africa Israel Investments Ltd.
Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz leverages its international network of offices to advise clients based in the US, Europe, Asia Pacific and the CIS on M&A transactions, spinoffs, buyouts and other equity deals. In a recent highlight, the firm advised Panaxia Pharmaceutical Industries on its merger with Herodium Investments, representing a landmark transaction in the medical cannabis sector. Ilan Gerzi continues to be instructed in a high volume of transactions, including complex M&A, takeovers and corporate finance matters. Yael Baratz and Ilan Gerzi are also noted.
Yael Baratz; Guy Lachmann; Ilan Gerzi
Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
Keshet Broadcasting Ltd.
Quality by Vision Ltd.
aMoon Fund, 83North Fund, EMC Corporation
Cyarx Technologies Ltd. (Siemplify)
Panaxia Pharmaceutical Industries Israel Ltd.
KAHR Medical Ltd.
Herodium Investments Ltd.
- Advised Panaxia Pharmaceutical Industries Israel Ltd. and Herodium Investments Ltd. on a landmark merger transaction in the medical cannabis sector.
- Advising Orgenesis Inc. on the commercial, corporate and IP aspects of the $315m sale of its CDMO subsidiary, Masthercell Global Inc.
- Advised Convexum on its cash sale to NSO, a major Israeli cyber intelligence and surveillance company.
At S. Friedman & Co. Advocates & Notaries, the team primarily advises domestic companies on M&A in Israel. In a recent highlight, the team advised Arko Holdings on its $1.5bn merger with Haymaker Acquisition Corp. Sarit Molcho advises on joint ventures, public and private financing and securities law, among others. Ifat Minzer-Koll specialises in the taxation aspects of M&A and other corporate transactions.
Sarit Molcho; Ifat Minzer-Koll
Kibutz Kfar Haruv
Rekah Pharmaceutical Industry Ltd.
Arko Holdings Ltd.
ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Ltd.
Carmel – Haifa University Economic Corporation Ltd.
Bella Online Ltd
Champel Capital LP
I4 Valley Ltd.- Karmiel Incubator for Smart Industry
- Advising Arko Holdings Ltd. on its (approx. $1.5bn) merger with Haymaker Acquisition Corp. and GPM Investments, LLC.
- Advised Kibbutz Kfar Haruv on a merger agreement with MAT Holding Group.
- Advising Super-Pharm on founding a unique online sales platform for sellers.
Weksler, Bregman & Co., Advocates's team handles M&A transactions across various industries, with a particular niche in deals involving retail and fashion companies. The firm is unusual in that it has a track record acting for both parties - buyer and seller - on deals. Dror Toren's expertise covers all areas of corporate and commercial law, including cross-border M&A.
Other key lawyers:
Igal Koloff; Sagee Feldman; Eli Aviv
‘The WB Capital Markets team is exceptionally good.’
Africa Israel Europe
Kenlov Capital Ltd.
Rapac Energy Ltd.
Negev Group Ltd.
Top Ramdor Systems & Computers (1990) Ltd.
Danya Cebus Ltd.
ORT Technologies Ltd.
AY Electronics Ltd.
Royal Plaza Tiberias Ltd.
Africa Urban Renewal Ltd.
- Advised Cargal Group on its sale of 50% of its holdings in its subsidiary to Mega Or Holdings Ltd. for NIS63m.
- Advised AFI Europe on its NIS250m acquisition of Tidhar Group’s 46.3% holdings in the Airport City Belgrade project.
- Advised Negev Group on two major transactions: a sale of its operations and activities for NIS27m and a complex reorganization under which all of the 100% controlled subsidiaries were sold and merged into the mother company.
With particular expertise in the real estate industry, AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co's practice specialises in M&A, investments, takeovers and other corporate deals. Yoav Caspi is highly active in a broad range of transactions across various sectors, including hi-tech, pharmaceuticals and real estate. Daniel Chinn frequently advises venture capital and private equity funds on investments in technology companies, including start-ups and growth stage companies.
Other key lawyers:
Microsoft Corporation and Microsoft Israel
EL-AL Israel Airlines Ltd.
Partner Communications Company Ltd.
Kesher Rent A Car
Fritz Companies Israel T. Ltd.
Clal Insurance Enterprises Holdings Ltd.
Kan Israeli Public Broadcasting Corp.
International Paralympic Committee
Magen David Adom
Rambam Health Care Campus
Kupat Holim Meuhedet
- Advised Gindi Investments 1 Ltd. and Dirot Yukara Ltd. (“Gindi Group”) in relation to all aspects of a transaction contemplated between Gindi Group and Blue Square Real Estate Ltd. for Blue Square’s purchase of 50% of TLV Fashion Mall, Tel-Aviv.
- Advised EU Bio Pharm on a reverse triangular merger under which EU Bio Pharm was merged into Kannomed Medical Cannabis Industries.
- Advised Teleclal on a swift takeover of By Me Technologies Ltd., by purchasing all of By Me’s founders’ shares.
Raz, Dlugin & Co. Law Offices has notable expertise advising hi-tech companies on corporate transactions, including high-value M&A. In addition, the firm regularly advises venture capital funds on their investments in Israel and guiding clients through IP matters. Recently, the firm advised Diamond Eagle on its $3.3bn merger with DraftKings and SBTech. Rafi Raz specialises in financing, licensing and GDPR issues. Ran Dlugin, who is also qualified to practise in New York, specialises in tech M&A in Israel and overseas.
Rafi Raz; Ran Dlugin
Com Tec Co
CrystalBet (Mars Limited)
Verbit Inc Software
Better Medical Grade Cannabis
- Advised Playtika on its financing rounds, commercial engagements, and two acquisitions worth billions of dollars.
- Advising Polypid on all of its ongoing matters, including various agreements with hi-tech and bio-tech giants, clinical trials, proceedings vis-à-vis the FDA, and in its successful IPO on NASDAQ.
- Advising Diamond Eagle on its $3.3bn merger with DraftKings, a stock exchange traded company, and SBTech.
Steinmetz, Haring, Gurman & Co.
With particular expertise in the hi-tech, real estate and infrastructure sectors, Steinmetz, Haring, Gurman & Co. advises corporations and private investors on a wide range of transactions and commercial agreements in Israel. Jacob Steinmetz, who leads the practice, is noted for his strong reputation in cross-border M&A and investments. Another key partner is Manny Gurman, who specialises in transactions involving companies in the UK, US and Russia, including private equity deals.
Zysman, Aharoni, Gayer & Co (ZAG-S&W)
Zysman, Aharoni, Gayer & Co (ZAG-S&W) specialises in cross-border deals, utilising its network of offices in the US, London and Shanghai. Oded Har-Even, who leads the capital markets practice, frequently handles corporate transactions in the healthcare and life sciences industry. Other key names to note are Tehila Levi-Lati, head of the China practice, and Shy Baranov, head of the firm's international department.