Employment in Iceland
With a range of domestic and international clients, ADVEL Attorneys at Law handles the full gamut of employment law issues including restructurings and M&A work, settlement agreements, dismissals and the incorporation of foreign companies in Iceland. Led by Óskar Norðmann, the group acts for the government in all major cases it is involved in relating to the legality of strikes and the interpretation of collective agreements. The group also increased its headcount in 2019, with Ragnar Gudmunsson and associate Svanhildur Anna Magnúsdóttir joining from SKR Legal Services.
The Icelandic Government
City of Reykjavik
Birta pension fund
Primary Healthcare of Reykjavik
Capital District Fire and Rescue
Lex Law Offices' employment practice advises clients spanning CEOs and domestic and multinational corporations on separation agreements, restructuring matters, M&A-related employment work, company incorporations in Iceland, and the drafting and implementation of a wide range of commercial agreements. Örn Gunnarsson recently advised the shareholders of Icelandic Iberica on its merger with Iceland Seafood International including handling the separation agreement to facilitate the departure of the CEO and COO.
‘They are likeable and trustworthy. They’ll admit when they don’t know, which is a sign of confidence, and they are always well prepared.‘
The Central Bank of Iceland
The Japanese Embassy of Iceland
Iceland Seafood International hf.
- Assisted Ísmar with negotiating a separation agreement with its retiring CEO.
- Advising Tjarnargatan, one of Iceland’s leading advertisement production companies, on all corporate, commercial and employment related matters.
- Advising a salmon farming company on various employment matters.
The team at LOGOS handles contentious and non-contentious employment matters including injunction claims against ex-employees relating to non-compete restrictions, employment agreements, collective agreements, management strategies and issues arising from strike actions. Practice head Ólafur Eiríksson specialises in white-collar crime, tort law, bankruptcy work and general employment law.
Rio Tinto Alcan
Eimskipafelag Islands hf.
Nordural Century Aluminium
Lyf og heilsa pharmaceuticals
- Advising Actavis on various employment related matters including issues arising from an imminent general strike, and the employment aspects of cross-border M&A.
- Advising Origo and Tempo on management matters, stock options, and the interpretation of employment agreements and collective agreements.