Counting Landsbankinn, Guide to Iceland and Arnarlax among its key clients, Lex Law Offices handles a broad spectrum of mandates from compensation schemes and drafted employment agreements to terminations of employment and cases of harassment. Experienced litigator Arnar Thor Stefansson leads the practice and has demonstrable experience in representing public entities, leading companies and employees in disputes. The team also acts for foreign clients which are looking to expand their presence in the Icelandic market.
Employment in Iceland
Lex Law Offices
Arnar Þór Stefánsson
Wise Lausnir ehf.
Iceland Seafood International hf.
HS Orka ehf.
Stapi Pension Fund
Guide to Iceland ehf.
- Represented Landsbankinn hf. before the District Courts and the Court of Appeals in two separate litigation proceedings brought by two former employees of the bank, where they claimed compensation for an alleged unlawful dismissal.
- Advised Guide to Iceland ehf. on its employment strategy during Covid-19 and implemented necessary protocols with regards to the government’s action plan.
- Advising Arnarlax ehf. on employment matters, such as various collective agreements, various employment contracts, employee’s rights, wages and shifts.
LOGOS’ caseload includes complex employment disputes including claims relating to contract terminations, unions, discrimination and unfair dismissals, as well as non-contentious matters pertaining to employment contracts, business reorganisations and work permits. The team is particularly active in employment litigation and represented Deloitte in several unfair dismissal and compensation cases, in addition to acting for Verne Global in a dispute with the Union of Electrical Workers concerning collateral agreements. Olafur Eiriksson, who is a key contact for employee work and union disputes, leads the practice group and is supported by Einar Baldvin Axelsson.
Other key lawyers:
Einar Baldvin Axelsson
‘Ólafur Eiríksson is the lawyer we use in employee related-matters and union disputes. He has excellent knowledge of the Icelandic law. He calms the situation, is very clear and solves problems easily.’
Veritas Capital ehf
Ragnar og Ásgeir ehf
Rio Tinto á Íslandi hf.
Crowberry Capital GP ehf.
Eimskip Ísland ehf.
- Advised Deloitte on various complex employment disputes with previous partners.
- Represented Verne Global in a dispute with the Union of Electrical Workers.
- Representing Síminn in a claim brought by a former employee due to an alleged persecution on behalf of a manager of Síminn.
ADVEL Attorneys at Law
ADVEL Attorneys at Law handles a range of employment and labour law matters, often involving a cross-border element, including redundancies, transfer of employee issues share options plans. The team counts Icelandic companies across the energy, banking, fishing and IT sectors, as well as public authorities, on its key roster of clients. Following the departure of Óskar Norðmann in February 2021 to Arta, Stefan Thor Ingimarsson leads the practice group and is supported by Guðmundur Siemsen.
Stefán Þór Ingimarsson
Other key lawyers:
‘Knowledgable team, very responsive and quick to complete all requests in an outstanding manner.’
The Icelandic Government