Real estate and construction in Hungary
CMS is singled out for its 'solution-finding and business-minded approach'. The team is jointly led by the 'very profound and diligent' József Várady and the 'very experienced' Gábor Czike who 'knows what to focus on and how to make the deal happen'. Senior associate András Klupács has notable experience in environmental issues and construction projects. The group's recent caseload include advising Bluehouse Capital on the sale of an office building, handling the restructuring and sale of one of the largest shopping malls in the country, and advising Goodman on the development of a major greenfield logistics facility.
Gábor Czike; József Várady
‘Hardworking team workers, with properly balanced and managed individual skills and capacities‘.
‘Gábor Czike knows what to focus on and how to make the deal happen‘.
Diófa Alapkezelő Zrt.
Pepkor Ingatlan Kft.
Futureal Group, major Hungarian developer
- Advising Goodman, an Australian integrated commercial and industrial property group, on the construction and letting of a greenfield logistics facility.
- Acting for a Belgian real estate developer Atenor on the acquisition and lease agreements of land on the main road corridors in Budapest connecting the city centre to the airport.
- Advised Infopark on the sale of a portfolio consisting of three office buildings to a Hungarian fund.
Dentons' 'very diligent and deal-oriented team' continues to advise on the major mandates in the real estate sector. It advised NEPI Rockcastle on the acquisition of Mammut shopping centre, and advised AEW Europe on the acquisition of a retail-led asset. Other highlights include representing a private equity firm in an arbitration arising from an alleged breach of a sale and purchase agreement. The highly-regarded Judit Kővári advises on multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions, greenfield investments, infrastructure developments, zoning and permitting issues, as well as leasing matters. Marcell Szőnyi is also highly recommended for big-ticket real estate transactions and Rita Várnagy is also noted.
‘Very diligent and deal-oriented‘.
AEW Europe S.A.
Globe Trade Centre S.A. (GTC)
KGAL Investment Management GmbH
Members of Thunderbolt Partners: La Jonciere Real Estate Partners and Tyrfing Partners
- Advised Skanska on the sale of its dual-phased Mill Park development to Erste Alapkezelő, a subsidiary of Erste Asset Management.
- Advised Heitman International on the sale of the Alkotás Point office property to Diófa Alapkezelő, and on the sale of the Science Park office property to Goldman Sachs.
- Advised a leading CEE real estate development company on its acquisition of an office building on the central Buda side of Budapest from Hungarian real estate investment and asset management companies.
Hegymegi-Barakonyi and Partner Baker & McKenzie Attorneys-at-Law is exceptionally well-placed to advise on big-ticket cross-border transactions in the real estate sector; it has a strong track record of advising on large foreign direct investments as well as domestic commercial real estate deals. The team has been particularly active in the field of greenfield investment, land acquisition and leasing mandates. A recent highlight includes advising the Hungarian state on a €1.2bn land sale to Samsung for the development of the biggest Samsung battery plant outside South Korea. Benedek Kovács leads the team, and is praised for his 'strategic thinking and great analytical, exceptional negotiation and communication skills'. Senior associate Angela Tóth is also highly recommended.
‘The real estate practice consists of deal makers and proactive lawyers with deep industry knowledge’.
‘The team is outstanding in responsiveness and in the quality of legal service‘.
‘Benedek Kovács’ biggest strengths are his experience in real estate deals and his proactive approach to solve the issues‘.
‘Benedek Kovács has great analytical, exceptional negotiation and communication skills‘.
‘Benedek Kovács has a crystal clear understanding of his client’s business requirements and interests and is thus able to push through his client’s agenda with unmatched focus on the big picture, negotiating and providing solutions for crucial issues rather than allowing stakeholders to get lost in detail‘.
Municipality of Debrecen
Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing
Miskolc Holding Zrt.
- Advised the Municipality of Debrecen and the Hungarian State on the establishment and operation of BMW’s greenfield development.
- Acted for Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing on the €200m sale of MOM Park, to OTP Real Estate, a Hungarian based real estate fund.
- Advised Hungarian Telekom on the build-to-suit office lease transaction involving 60,000-sqm of office space in a newly constructed building complex.
Lakatos, Köves and Partners
Lakatos, Köves and Partners advises on the full gamut of real estate and construction matters, including development projects, portfolio management issues, acquisitions and disposals, real estate financing work as well as real estate-related asset and share deals. Attila Ungár leads the sizeable team and is supported by a large group of associates; Ágnes Hegyi, Zsuzsanna Ilyés, Tamás Balogh are particularly recommended. The team continues to advise on a steady stream of big-ticket acquisitions and disposals of office buildings, and recently advised Al Habtoor Group on the property management and leasing matters of Dorottya Udvar office building. Its recent instructions also include hotel and student residence projects.
GLL Real Estate Partners GmbH
Stonehill Holdings / IC Campus
Indotek and CarVal Group
CEETRUS Hungary Kft
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Arcese Trasporti Spa
DVM / Horizon Development
Patrizia Gewerbeinvest Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
HB Reavis / Rosatom // NG-Real Ingatlan
Al Habtoor Group
VTB Bank (Europe) S.E.
- Advised GLL Real Estate Partners on all of its real estate projects in Hungary, including office buildings in Budapest and joint ventures.
- Acted for Atrium Properties on its sale of EuroCenter Óbuda Shopping Center, Family Center Shopping Center and the Praktiker Department Store to leading Hungarian real estate developer Wing Zrt.
- Advising Indotek and CarVal Group on the acquisition of various properties including the structuring, tax and financing elements.
Andrékó Kinstellar's practice handles acquisition and disposal transactions and advises international, financial, and strategic real estate investors; it also acts on real estate financing mandates, greenfield projects, and litigation. The team is jointly led by Anthony O’Connor, who focuses on advising private equity and sovereign wealth funds on acquisitions and disposals of Hungarian and regional real estate assets; and managing associate Mónika Frank, who counts Klépierre, Skanska and GTC as major clients. Senior associate Marcell Horváth is also a name to note.
Anthony O’Connor; Mónika Frank
‘Excellent knowledge of the real estate regulation, good co-operation with colleagues from other practice group‘.
‘Marcell Horváth is an up and coming star with vast potential to be one of the market leaders in the real estate‘.
M7 Real Estate
Secure Legal Title
- Advising SK Innovation in connection with the establishment of a €850m greenfield electric vehicle battery factory in Komárom.
- Advising K&H Bank on the financing of Budapart Gate.
- Assisting M7 Real Estate with the disposal of Liget Center office complex.
DLA Piper is best known for advising real estate funds and developers on the acquisition or divestment of prime commercial real estate. Wing is a major client, which the team advised on the acquisition and the partial leaseback of an office real estate complex in Budapest from Siemens, and advised on a build-to-suit transaction related to the new central office building of Magyar Telekom. The recent caseload also includes real estate financing and tax matters. Practice head Szilárd Kui has 'a very good understanding of the Hungarian commercial real estate market', and senior associate Bettina Boncok advises on acquisition and disposal matters, as well as zoning and construction issues. Financing partner Gábor Borbély and senior associate Attila Remes are further names to note.
‘Szilárd Kui is a strongly commercial-minded lawyer – his negotiations style is reasonable and realistic with a holistic approach, having his eyes on the prize; so that he works toward making a deal by finding solutions that are acceptable to all parties concerned‘.
‘Bettina Boncok impressed with her excellent technical abilities and attention to detail. She is very quick, on point, very through with a good eye for detail; and she traces down every little aspect of a complex matter‘.
‘Gábor Borbély provides solid legal support with proactive service and creative thinking. He comes across as a very hard worker and reliable project partner‘.
‘Attila Remes manages transactions effectively, and can find reasonable solutions for different kind of issues‘.
HB Reavis Group B.V
Hungarian Tourism Agency
Hanon Systems Hungary Kft.
- Advising WING Zrt., on a build-to-suit transaction related to the new central office building of Magyar Telekom, a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom.
- Acted for HB Reavis Group B.V. in relation to the real estate and financial structuring of its Agora Budapest development, comprising five towers.
- Advising RIMO on the acquisition of Innovation Park, a mixed-use property.
Oppenheim Ugyvedi Iroda's team, led by Márk Pintér, advised on a number of multimillion-euro retail and office buildings sales and acquisitions. The team also has experience in leasing, restructuring, financing and real estate fund transactions, and handles the disposal of major asset classes of real estate. It recently advised Duna Terasz Premium on a residential development project. Associate Janos Fodor is also a name to note.
Lone Star Funds / Hudson Advisors
TRIUVA / Patrizia
- Advised Lone Star on the sale of a retail centre.
- Assisted AEW Europe with the acquisition of two office buildings.
- Advised Beghelli Group on the €48m sale of the Klotild Palace.
Partos & Noblet in co-operation with Hogan Lovells International LLP has 'a strong team that provides depth both in terms of legal knowledge as well as understanding of the market practice'. The team handled acquisition and disposal transactions, leasing and management issues as well as construction matters and fund mandates. Among its recent work, it advised Prologis on the Hungarian aspects of a sale of a major portfolio of logistics sites to Mapletree Investments. Christopher Noblet is recommended for his cross-border transaction experience; Sándor Békési has 'a very deep and practical knowledge of real estate-related law and a good sense of the commercial aspects'; and senior associate Zoltán Jánosi is also a key name to note.
Christopher Noblet; Sándor Békési
‘A strong team that provides depth both in terms of legal knowledge as well as understanding of the market practice‘.
‘Sándor Békési is the man you don’t want on the other side of the table – he is absolutely trustful and reliable on the negotiating table‘.
‘Sándor Békési has a very deep and practical knowledge of real estate-related law and a good sense of the commercial aspects‘.
‘Zoltán Jánosi understands the needs of the client and makes sure these are incorporated into the transaction‘.
(DWS) Deutsche Asset Management
Louis Vuitton Malletier
M7 Distribution Center
Accelerate Property Fund
- Advised Prologis on the Hungarian aspects of a corporate sale of a major portfolio of logistics sites located in numerous jurisdictions including in Hungary to Mapletree Investments.
- Acted for Goldman Sachs on its acquisition of the Science Park office complex, as well as leasing, construction and operational matters.
- Assisted Lone Star with the high value sale of shopping centre Mammut to NEPI Rockcastle.
Siegler Bird & Bird Ügyvédi Iroda counts the Hungarian State as a major client, and it advised various governmental bodies on large development projects including a new national football stadium, multi-functional indoor arena, university campuses and a fair centre. Managing partner David Dederick and counsel Ferenc Mátra are recommended.
David Dederick; Ferenc Mátrai
International Working Group (IWG) – Formerly Regus
- Advised Danubius Hotels Zrt. in connection with the sale and lease back of the Gellért Hotel.
- Advising the International Working Group (IWG) on the strategical expansion and refurbishment of its office portfolio in Hungary.
- Advising WING Zrt. on the €75m sale of Studium office center.
CERHA HEMPEL Dezső & Partners deals with the full range of commercial property matters, including acquisitions, developments, leasings, financings, and the final transfer of assets. Construction disputes also feature in its recent caseload. Practice head Wilhelm Stettner handles both contentious and non-contentious real estate and construction matters; András Fenyőházi advises real estate developers on construction work relating to real estate properties; and Ivett Szauftman and Gabriella Klotz focus on real estate transactions and leasing matters, respectively.
‘Besides having significant legal experience, Wilhelm Stettner has deep insight in the business-side of real estate transactions‘.
CA Immobilien Anlagen AG
Galleon Capital Management GmbH
Patrizia Immobilien AG
Value One Holding AG /MILESTONE
Steindl Imre Program Nonprofit Zrt.
Spar Group; Hervis Sport – és Divatkereskedő Kft.
Diófa Alapkezelő Zrt.
Raiffeisen Ingatlan Alap
Kínai-Magyar Vasúti Nonprofit Zrt.
- Advised CA Immobilien Anlagen AG on the sale of a shopping centre.
- Advising Value One Holding on the construction of a large student accommodation project.
- Advised Patrizia Immobilien AG, as lessor on the conclusion of a new lease agreement with Arena Hospitality Group.
Deloitte Legal Erdos and Partners Law Firm's team has 'strong skills in understanding the scope of work in a short time frame, and delivering it in a very timely and professional manner'. It recently advised on the establishment of a real estate investment fund structure, and a series of acquisitions of monumental buildings and hotels. Managing associate Gábor Babus are names to note within the team, which also saw the departure of Gábor Gömöri, who is now an independent practitioner. Former practice head and managing partner Gábor Erdős left the firm in June 2020.
‘The team has strong skill in understanding the scope of work in a short time, and delivering it in a very timely and professional manner‘.
Hungarian National Bank
Bank of China Hungária Zrt.
Erste Bank Hungary Zrt.
K&H Bank Zrt.
CEDCO Hungary Kft.
- Advised Futureal on the leasing of Etele Plaza shopping mall.
- Acted for Cedco Hungary on the purchase of multiple buildings in Budapest.
- Advised Bank of China on the office leasing matters.
Jalsovszky handles a mix of financing, purchase and leasing mandates, and recently advised Diófa Fund Management on its acquisition of a real estate portfolio including three retail parks. The practice is jointly led by Pál Jalsovszky and Péter Gyimesi.
Pál Jalsovszky; Péter Gyimesi
Diófa Fund Management
Erste Bank/K&H Bank
- Advising Diófa Fund Management on its acquisition of a real estate portfolio, consisting of three retail parks.
- Acting for a Hungarian real estate investment funds on its acquisition of an SPV owning an office building.
- Advising K&H Bank on the financing of a real estate acquisition and development project.
Kapolyi Law Firm
Kapolyi Law Firm advises real estate funds and developers on property sales and purchases, and also handles restructuring transactions. Its experience spans residential, industrial, hotel, greenfield and brownfield investments. Sándor Habóczky is singled out for his 'client-centric' approach and jointly leads the team with managing partner József Kapolyi, who focuses on real estate investment fund matters. Mónika Kapetz and Zita Orbán are further names to note.
József Kapolyi; Sándor Habóczky
‘One of the best value for money firms in Budapest‘.
‘József Kapolyi and Bálint Bajkó are prominent and reputable lawyers in the real estate sector. They are pragmatic and know a lot about the developments of the relevant market due to their extensive practice, decades long experience and competence in this law field‘.
‘Sándor Habóczky is a great individual with up-to-date knowledge of even the smallest details of the real estate law. He knows the market and the market players very well, and conducts smooth and effective communication with the various counterparties‘.
GTC Hungary Real Estate Development Ltd.
GTC White House Llc.
Kompakt Land Llc.
M7 CEREF Hungarian Propco Llc.
MHC Hotel Company Llc.
Gladiátor I. Property Investment Fund
Takarék Invest Investment and Real Estate Management Llc.
AKKO Invest Plc.
Downhill Property Ltd.
EQUILOR Investment Fund Management Ltd.
- Advised Gladiátor I. Real Estate Investment Fund on its acquisition of Skylight City business centre.
- Advised M7 CEREF I Hungarian Propco on the sale of logistics asset Innovations Park.
- Assisted MHC Hotel Company with the development of a new five-star hotel and suite hotel asset.
KCG Partners Law Firm is particularly noted for its experience in industrial developments and construction matters, including greenfield investments and infrastructure work. Practice co-heads Gabriella Gálik and Eszter Kamocsay-Berta are 'business-oriented and solution-driven' and their 'mindfulness of the practical, real life aspects of the legal work they deliver makes them exceptional in the market'.
Gabriella Gálik; Eszter Kamocsay-Berta
‘Gabriella Gálik and Eszter Kamocsay-Berta are always proactive, super accurate, excellent in communication – they are simply brilliant professionals‘.
TPLG Tout Pour Le Grain
- Advising LEGO on the development of a €354m toy manufacturing plant in eastern Hungary.
- Advising TPLG Tout Pour le Grain on a lease agreement for the Hungarian site and the construction of a new warehouse building.
- Advising Suntec Group on the termination of the lease agreement.
Lohn Law Firm
Lohn Law Firm's recent highlights includes real estate financing, leasing, greenfield investment, residential property fund formation, and contentious matters. Managing partner Balázs Lohn and Balázs Kis co-head the team, which also includes transactional lawyer Márta Mráz and Gergely Kostenszky, who focuses on real estate disputes.
Balázs Lohn ; Balázs Kis
‘Reliable, timely and high quality service‘.
‘Proactively seeks to find the best solution for the clients‘.
‘Consultation is easy and done in a timely manner‘.
‘Gergely Kostenszky is hands-on, and a good problem solver‘.
Big4 Hotel Kft.
Kuantum Property Kft.
The Art of Voyage Kft.
- Advising Kuantum Property Kft on purchasing a landmark building .
- Advising Özyer Group and its Hungarian subsidiary Melis Investment on the purchase and hotel development of South Klotild Palace.
- Acted for Big4 Hotel on a mix of long term lease to a leading hotel franchise operator, construction and development financing matters.
Noerr is particularly active in leasing matters and greenfield investments. The team advised K&H Bank on the acquisition financing of the Siemens office real estate complex purchased by the Wing Group. The team is jointly led by corporate partner Zoltán Nádasdy, financing partner Edina Schweizer and counsel Ádám György Bodor. Senior associate Szilvia Andriska is recommended for leasing, construction and real estate transactions.
Zoltán Nádasdy; Ádám György Bodor; Edina Schweizer
‘Deep knowledge, timely and high quality service‘.
Portico Investments Kft.
Valeo Siemens eAutomotive Hungary Kft.
UniCredit Bank Hungary Zrt.
- Advising Portico Investments on its purhase of retail units.
- Advised AEW Europe on German, Austria and Hungarian aspects in relation to the acquisition financing of ‘Luxus Aruhaz’ retail unit.
- Assisted UniCredit Bank Hungary on its €31m loan to Wing Group for the financing of the shopping mall Agria Plaza.
Szécsényi és Társai Ügyvédi Társulás
Szécsényi és Társai Ügyvédi Társulás has 'an excellent team of professionals of various seniority with a creative approach and extensive professional experience'. It has notably handled a number of big-ticket transactions; it recently assisted a newly founded real estate fund managed by Wing with the acquisition of three office buildings and two parking garages. The team is led by László Szécsényi, who is 'an experienced senior legal professional with a very broad understanding of the legal matters in Hungary', and also includes Dániel Kellner, who is 'an excellent lawyer with a proactive approach'.
‘An excellent team of professionals of various seniority with creative approach and large professional experience‘.
‘László Szécsényi is an experienced senior legal professional with very broad understanding of the legal matters in Hungary‘.
‘Dániel Kellner is an excellent lawyer with a proactive approach‘.
CBRE Global Investors
Allianz Real Estate
Driehaus Enterpise Inc.
Strabag Real Estate
CPI Property Group
Yasmin Hotel Kft
Bishoff and Compagnions
M7 Real Estate
Teichmann & Co.
- Advised Wing Group on the €15m acquisition of the Liget Center office building.
- Advised Shikun&Binui Group and AFI Europe on the sale to a Hungarian joint venture of their Hungarian SPV holding, a leisure project.
- Advised a newly founded real estate fund managed by Wing on the acquisition of three office buildings and two parking garages.
Szabo Kelemen & Partners Attorneys
Szabo Kelemen & Partners Attorneys' recent instructions include a mix of construction mandates, commercial property acquisitions and disposals, and real estate management issues. The practice is led by Tamás Szabó, whose clients include domestic and international investors, real estate developers, financial institutions and public sector clients. Domonkos Kiss and Levente Kálmán are also recommended.
CTP Management Hungary Kft.
Multi Group (Dutch-owned asset management company)
- Advising CTP Management Hungary on large-scale greenfield investments involving the construction of logistics and manufacturing facilities.
- Advised Sberbank Hungary on the purchase of a project company that owns a property suitable for development purposes.
Szecskay Attorneys at Law regularly advises foreign and domestic companies on complex real estate acquisitions and development ventures, including greenfield investments. It also advises a large number of clients on office leasing matters and construction disputes. Recent highlights include acting for Budapesti Ingatlan Hasznosítási és Fejlesztési on its acquisition of a historical monument building and an office building, and advising Midas European Properties on a mix of sale and purchase deals and disputes. Patrick Tausz and Attila Jásdi are recommended.
Patrick Tausz; Attila Jásdi
Alternative Economics Secondary School (“AKG”)
Auchan Hungary Kft.
Burger King (Fusion Investment Company Ltd.)
BIF (Budapesti Ingatlan Hasznosítási és Fejlesztési Nyrt.)
Promod Hungary Kft.
Reckitt Benckiser Hungary
Midas European Properties
- Advising Midas European Properties on leasing matters.
- Advised Auchan Hypermarket Group on the purchase of various commercial properties and the establishment of commercial centres.
Vámosi-Nagy Ernst & Young Law Office
Vámosi-Nagy Ernst & Young Law Office recently expanded with the recruitment of Szabolcs Posta, who previously led White & Case LLP's Budapest real estate team. The team focuses on real estate transactions and greenfield investments, and provides real estate-focused support on large-scale property finance transactions.
BILK Logisztikai Nyrt.
Erste Bank Hungary Zrt.
Jaewon Industrial Ltd
Doosan Engineering & Construction
OTP Real Estate Fund
Samyang Biopharmaceuticals Company
Erste Bank der oesterreichischen Sparkassen AG
- Advised Wigan Acquisitions on its acquisition of two office buildings.
- Assisted Erste Bank Hungary with the €30m acquisition financing of Aerozone Logistics Park in Vecsés.
- Advised Jaewon Industrial Ltd, a major Korean producer active in the automotive industry, on its €30m greenfield investment.
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy regularly handles domestic and regional financing transactions. It advised Mora Banc on the financing of the construction of a new hotel and acted for UniCredit Bank Hungary on the financing of the second phase of an exclusive residential real property investment. Recent mandates also includes leasing transactions. Balázs Sahin-Tóth and Zoltán Lengyel are names to note.
Link / Apex
Mora Banc SAU
UniCredit Bank Hungary Zrt.
Mapletree Investments PTE Ltd.
Colfax / ESAB
- Advised Mora Banc on the financing of the construction of a new hotel.
- Advising UniCredit Bank Hungary Zrt. on the financing of the second phase of an exclusive residential real property investment.
- Advised an investment fund on a strategic joint venture with a Hungarian construction company for the development of a major real estate project.
bnt | attorneys-at-law
bnt | attorneys-at-law is particularly active in advising German investors on their investments. Rainer Tom advised BHG Hausbau on its acquisition and development of residential apartments and is acting for Meyer Quick Service Logistics Verwaltungs on the establishment of a new food storage warehouse. Gyula Horváth is also a name to note.
Rainer Tom; Gyula Horváth
‘Strong capabilities in using German and English‘.
Robert Bürkle GmbH
TNT Express Hungary
Meyer Quick Service Logistics Verwaltungs GmbH
BHG Hausbau Kft.
- Advised AGCO Corporation and its Hungarian sibsidiary GSI Hungary on its negotiation with CTP regarding the development of a new manufacturing halls and regional HQ.
- Acted for Robert Bürkle on the establishment of its new manufacturing facility.
- Advising QSL in the entire set up of their new food storage warehouse and the establishment of the relevant software operating the warehouse.
Big Bus Tours
Big Bus Tours
Shiran Holdings Limited
Due A srl
- Representing Due A srl in a construction dispute.
- Advising Shiran Holdings Limited in acquiring an SPV holding a large plot of land.
Nagy és Trócsányi Ügyvédi Iroda's recent caseload includes advising on greenfield developments, the sale and purchase of commercial premises, and leasings. Péter Berethalmi is 'a highly trustworthy and knowledgeable partner'.
‘Péter Berethalmi is a highly trustworthy and knowledgeable partner‘.
Givaudan Business Solutions
China National Machinery Import & Export Corporation
FOSS / Soft Flow
- Advised Givaudan Financial Services Centre of Givaudan on the commercial lease of its new offices.
- Assisted Soft Flow with the acquisition of a building plot and with its greenfield investment relating to the establishment of an ultramodern biological research centre.
Réti, Várszegi and Partners PwC Legal
Réti, Várszegi and Partners PwC Legal is singled out for its 'excellent negotiation skills'. It handles a mix of sale and purchase transactions, as well as financing mandates and real estate disputes. László Réti, Dóra Horváth and Dániel Kelemen are the key names to note.
László Réti; Dóra Horváth; Dániel Kelemen
‘Excellent negotiation skills‘.
Sándor Szegedi Szent-Ivány Komáromi Eversheds Sutherland handles a mix of property sales and purchases, acquisitions, the rezoning of arable lands and leasing matters. The team is jointly led by Richárd Eördögh, Péter Sándor, who 'proactively looks for solutions', and Katalin Varga.
Richárd Eördögh; Péter Sándor; Katalin Varga
‘Péter Sándor proactively looks for solutions‘.
J. C. Neckermann
Schoenherr Hetényi Ügyvédi Iroda's broad real estate and construction practice spans asset purchases and sales, construction contracts and lease negotiations, and the restructuring of property portfolios. The team advised B&B Hotels on its market entry by purchasing Angyal Irodaház Kft, an office building, from the Wing Group, which will be converted into a hotel. László Krüpl, who was a new arrival in 2019, is now heading the team.
B&B Hotels – French budget hotel chain
Monster Energy Europe Limited
GTC Magyarország Zrt.
- Advised an international property development company on the acquisition of a real estate company.
- Advised Doosan Corporation on entering the Hungarian market by acquiring an industrial site in the Tatabánya Industrial Park for the construction of a copper foil factory.
- Acted for Monster Energy Europe with lease agreements relating to offices and warehouses.
Wolf Theiss Faludi Erős Ügyvédi Iroda's practice spans investment, construction, leasing and financing matters and real estate litigation. The team includes János Tóth, who regularly handles real estate transactions in Hungary and in the CEE region; Tóth was recently part of a multi-jurisdictional team which advised a US-based hotel management company on the sale of a hotel portfolio. Managing partner Zoltán Faludi and senior associate Melinda Pelikán are also recommended; the latter focuses on real estate financing, acquisition financing and restructuring matters.
Erste Group Immorent GmbH
US-based hotel management company
Enlight Renewable Energy Ltd.
International Flavors & Fragrances
Steinhoff Möbel Holding Gmbh
- Advising Erste Group Immorent GmbH on the sale and purchase of an office and warehouse building.
- Advised International Flavors & Fragrances on the construction of a financial shared service centre.