Capital markets in Guernsey
Carey Olsen's broader corporate practice handles heavyweight London listings for Guernsey issuers, as well as listings on The International Stock Exchange (TISE). Tom Carey handles public M&A deals, while Tony Lane, Annette Alexander and David Crosland also handle TISE listings. In addition, Guernsey corporate and finance head Ben Morgan has listed funds expertise.
‘The best offshore firm experience – it provides a full service and is responsive and human.’
‘Tom Carey, Tony Lane and Annette Alexander are stand-outs – they are all technically able and focused on finding commercially attractive solutions.’
Jura Acquisition Limited
Pitcon Property Income
Marble Point Loan Financing
Pershing Square Holdings
Starwood European Real Estate Financing
Ashmore Global Opportunities
- Advised a consortium of funds, led by Dalmore and Equitix, on a takeover of former FTSE 250 listed John Laing Infrastructure Fund.
- Advised Scientific Games on a €575m TISE-listed high yield issuance.
- Advised JTC Fund Solutions on the Guernsey elements of its listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised Ravenscroft on its restructuring and re-listing on The International Stock Exchange.
- Advised a hotel operator on issuing £44.2m of loan notes and listing them on The International Stock Exchange.
Mourant's corporate practice handles capital markets work, ranging from the Guernsey elements of cross-border IPOs, listed funds work, debt capital markets and public M&A, among other matters. Darren Bacon handles listed fund share issuance mandates, while Caroline Chan's work include note listings, with John Rochester also handling note issuances. Frances Watson's practice includes, among other matters, equity capital markets. Blockchain is another area of expertise for the firm.
‘The team has a good grasp of the markets, how they work and what is needed, without over-complicating issues.’
‘Very good for listed funds.’
‘Frances Watson is very responsive and gives practical advice.’
Chenavari Capital Solutions
Funding Circle SME Income Fund
John Laing Infrastructure Fund
Investec World Axis
- Advised a listed fund, which owns loans to SMEs originated through Funding Circle, on a share placing programme.
- Advised on the listing of three tranches of notes on The International Stock Exchange.
- Advised NextEnergy Solar Fund on the Guernsey aspects of a subscription of preference shares.
- Advised Sequoia Economic Infrastructure Fund on the offer and placing of ordinary shares.
- Advised Genesis Emerging Markets Fund on a tender offer of up to 10% of its shares.
Bedell Cristin handles a number of debt capital markets transactions, including high yield issuances. Kate Ovenden heads the firm's broader corporate and finance team, which also includes Richard Sharp, who has a track record of insurance-related work.
Other key lawyers:
Other key lawyers:
- Advised Intertrust on its issuance of €500m of bonds to investment banks including Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank.
- Advised a company in the McLaren Property Group on a restructure of inter-group debt into structured Eurobonds listed on TISE.