In January 2020, Bird & Bird LLP expanded its Hamburg office with the arrival of Frederik Thiering and senior counsel Marion Jacob, who both joined from Harte-Bavendamm Rechtsanwälte, thereby strengthening both litigation as well as portfolio advice capacities of the firm's trade mark and design practice. The team behind Düsseldorf-based practice head Christian Harmsen offers the entire spectrum of trade mark and design law advice, ranging from portfolio development to highly complex, often international disputes. Here, the firm utilises brand monitoring tool Talisman for infringement protection in relation to product piracy and counterfeiting. The practice's sector focuses lie in the automotive, retail, consumer goods and media industries, even though the team covers a broad sector spectrum and also assists clients from the luxury goods, pharmaceutical, technology and fashion sectors among others. Litigator Richard Dissmann in Munich is one of the leading trade mark lawyers in Germany. Senior counsel Sebastian Fischoeder (particular expertise in unconventional trade marks) joined Taylor Wessing in September 2019.
Trade marks in Germany
Other key lawyers:
Bauer Performance Sports Ltd.
Deutsche Tele Medien GmbH
Deutsche Telekom AG
Deutscher Sparkassen- und Giroverband
e.Go Mobile AG
Fendi s. r. l.
Gastro & Soul GmbH
Gruner + Jahr GmbH
Guns N Roses
Joh. Wilh. von Eicken
JustFab / TechStyle
Monster Energy Beverages
My eliquid GmbH
Narcos Productions LLC
Nord Stream AG
Nord Stream 2 AG
Peek & Cloppenburg
Piaggio & C. Spa
Procter & Gamble
ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG / SevenVentures
Schwarze & Schlichte
- AUDI AG: Supervision of design law cooperation agreements and design development contracts; Advice on the registration of designs for the company's own design office Audi-Design; Defense of trademark, domain and design rights; Defense of design rights (for example to motor vehicle rims) against imitators.
- German Savings Banks and Giro Association: Comprehensive advice and representation; in addition to the Santander dispute complex, other color brand issues; Advice on various strategic issues, including co-branding; Portfolio management.
- Dr. Kirsten Plaßmann: Representation in pioneering proceedings before the Federal Constitutional Court regarding the recall of wound care products, regarding the right to cease and desist from an EU trademark
CMS fields a strong trade mark and design portfolio practice that, alongside strategic advice on portfolio development and management, also includes the representation in counterfeiting, border seizure, parallel import and other infringement procedures. The practice's sector focus lies in the life sciences and consumer goods industries where the group also utilises its cross-practice competence in competition and pharmaceutical-advertising law. The team predominantly advises on cross-border matters and frequently on instructions that concern several foreign jurisdictions, for which the firm is particularly well equipped due to its broad geographical presence in Europe and beyond. The practice is led by Thomas Manderla in Düsseldorf (in and out-of-court representation in IP matters) and Jörn Witt in Hamburg (focus on life sciences). The renowned Gordian Hasselblatt in Cologne is a key figure and considered a main contact for trade mark clearance as well as strategic advice on large trade mark and design portfolios. Ilse Rohr retired in January 2020.
Gleiss Lutz is particularly known for its focus on non-conventional trade marks. With Stefan Weidert in Berlin and Stefan Völker in Stuttgart, the group fields two practice heads with longstanding experience in international portfolio development and in national and cross-border infringement proceedings. Trade mark and design law advice on advertisement and marketing campaigns is also part of the advice offering. The team is increasingly active in online-related trade mark matters, partly as an independent advisory practice, partly due to a practice overlap in the automotive, consumer goods and healthcare sectors which traditionally make up a big proportion of its client base. Benedikt Burger in Düsseldorf, who advises across the entire IP spectrum, made counsel in January 2020.
' A team that really goes into depth. Always easy to reach and exceeding expectations. '
' Alexander Molle and Andreas Wehlau are both outstanding and very simple and straightforward to deal with .'
' Well qualified team with excellent service and knowledge of IP cases, as well as competition law. '
' Stefan Weidert: Excellent lawyer with extensive experience and very easy to deal with. Takes the necessary measures, but is always open to the most constructive and efficient result. '
' Alexander Molle: Excellent lawyer, accessible and good at communication. Comprehensive IP knowledge. '
' The trademark lawyers at Gleiss Lutz are true specialists in German trademark law and provide clear, practical advice. '
' Stefan Völker is a master of German trademark law and is also very economical and pragmatic in his advisory approach. Marcel Pemsel is an exceptional talent and already has extensive knowledge of trademark law. '
' The practice has real specialists in their field and offers pragmatic and economically oriented advice. '
' Stefan Völker and Marcel Pemsel are both personable, easy to reach and a pleasure to work with. We would recommend her to customers, colleagues and other contacts for trademark and design law issues in Germany. '
Andreas Stihl AG & Co. KG
Aufsichtsrat der Volkswagen AG
Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprüngli AG
Fitmart GmbH & Co. KG
Hetronic International, Inc.
JUUL Labs Germany GmbH
- Andreas Stihl AG & Co. KG: Defense of an EU color brand orange / gray of the client against a deletion attack, including proceedings before the European Court of First Instance.
- Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprüngli AG: First legal action regarding the abstract color mark gold (corresponding to the color of the Lindt gold bunny) in Germany against a competitor; successful in the first instance.
- Renault: Successful representation in a dispute with an Asian automobile manufacturer regarding the new logo of its new Borgward brand; after successfully completing the procedure in the first instance, representation in the appeal procedure.
Grünecker's Munich office continues to write its own success story. In 2019 and 2020, the practice acted in pioneering disputes and also attracted various large renowned companies as clients for its soft IP practice. The growth has become particularly apparent in the pharmaceutical, food and medical technology sectors, in addition to new notable clients in the IT, retail, entertainment and luxury goods industries, while the latter has already been a clear strength before 2019. The practice is exceedingly well versed in assisting with international matters, both in complex cross-border disputes as well as with regards to the development and management of international and partly global trade mark and design portfolios. The firm's Paris office underlines the firm's international orientation. The leadership quintet is composed of Martin Aufenanger (patent, trade mark and design law), Anja Franke (key contact for clients from Asia), Holger Gauss (fashion, pharmaceuticals and media), Maximilian Kinkeldey (trade mark, design and competition law) and Nicolás Schmitz (luxury goods).
Other key lawyers:
‘ Friendly, highly qualified team that also works effectively with one another. High partner attraction on most mandates. ‘
‘ The Grünecker team is characterized by a high level of professionalism and technical competence. ‘
‘ Grünecker is our go-to law firm for IP issues in Germany. They are particularly user-friendly and have an excellent team. ‘
‘ Grünecker is one of the top addresses for IP in Germany. Long established, but still on the cutting edge. The law firm is very well networked and therefore also plays in the top league in an international environment . ‘
‘ Good communication, good understanding of our business, high availability, quick response. ‘
‘ Very good in all IP areas. ‘
‘ Always competent and professional. ‘
‘ The firm has a traditionally strong IP practice and an excellent reputation in IP law. The team consists of exceptional advisors who defend this reputation. ‘
‘ They give you the feeling that it is actually possible and not a problem to be able to contact you day and night with all your concerns and get help. There is also no arrogance or arrogance here. No matter what questions you come up with. ‘
” Maximilian Kinkeldey: Extremely easy to reach, also outside / in advance of specific mandates open to discussions / sparring sessions, pragmatic advice, in-depth knowledge of the legal and practical background. An empathetic and effective negotiator. ‘
‘ Maximilian Kinkeldey has a wealth of experience and outstanding knowledge of trademark law, answers very quickly, is an excellent advisor and approaches his clients’ problems with the necessary pragmatism. ‘
‘ Maximilian Kinkeldey: Very experienced, balanced and customer-oriented. ‘
‘ Nicolás Schmitz is a very good soft IP lawyer. ‘
‘ Holger Gauss is a very good lawyer who finds great solutions to any problem. He is very responsive and the lawyer of choice for a difficult situation. He is especially good at disputes in the fashion sector. ‘
‘ It is a pleasure to work with Holger Gauss. ‘
‘ Holger Gauss: Very intelligent, technically sound quick thinker. Working with him is always very pleasant and solution-oriented. ‘
‘ Holger Gauss is a brilliant lawyer and strategist. ‘
‘ Jennifer Rosenhäger: Professionally very qualified. Good pleadings. ‘
‘ Jennifer Rosenhäger: Comprehensive knowledge of client business, excellent availability, quick, pragmatic handling of mandates. ‘
Signa (Karstadt, Kaufhof, KaDeWe)
Pink Lady Apples
- US film financier: Assumption of the mandate after a negative judgment, proceedings turned over two instances, counterclaim largely won; Case pending at the BGH.
- Harman: Advising and representing the permanent client in seven new preliminary injunction and main proceedings against well-known companies due to the inadmissible sale of goods imported in parallel, including well-known retail chains as opponents
- Software group: Supervision of the brand prosecution.
Long-established Hamburg boutique offering Harmsen Utescher remains one of the most successful and experienced teams for complex disputes, both nationally as well as internationally, and further assists with a high number of international trade mark portfolios. Clients are therefore provided with a one-stop IP service that also includes copyright, pharmaceutical, food and cosmetics as well as antitrust, competition and data protection issues. The team's sector expertise is broad, while recent larger matters included representation in proceedings for clients from the food, automotive and cosmetics industries. The team's key figures include Martin Kefferpütz, Till Lampel, Karin Sandberg, Jan Peter Heidenreich and Christoph Schumann, all of whom cover German and international trade mark law including neighbouring issues comprehensively.
Other key lawyers:
' The commitment, competence, the strategic advisory approach and the friendliness of the team make this law firm our absolute favorite partner in all IP matters. '
' Martin Kefferpütz is by far the best lawyer my team and I have ever worked with worldwide. He is competent, smart and dedicated. '
- The herds: Advice in the areas of branding and design as well as pharmaceutical and competition law.
- Intersnack: Advice in all areas of intellectual property law, except in patent law and also in the areas of food and distribution law.
- Douglas: Advice in the areas of trademark and competition law.
Harte-Bavendamm Rechtsanwälte is one of the first addresses for complex trade mark disputes and tailored trade mark portfolio advice. The Hamburg-based boutique offering impresses with broad sector expertise, including the fashion, food and cosmetics industries as well as e-commerce among others. In January 2020, trade mark lawyers Frederik Thiering and Marion Jacob joined Bird & Bird LLP. Key contacts include renowned name partner and often forensically active Henning Harte-Bavendamm, Arne Lambrecht (trade mark, competition and pharmaceutical-advertising law), Andrea Jaeger-Lenz (advice and judicial representation in IP and competition matters), Malte Lieckfeld (design, trade mark and competition law), Michael Goldmann (judicial enforcement and defence) and Karolina Schöler (strategic advice and judicial representation).
Other key lawyers:
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz
Ellegaard Minipigs A/S
Levi Strauss & Co.
Procter & Gamble
Scandlines Deutschland GmbH
- Christian Louboutin: Advice and representation in numerous infringement proceedings to protect the famous Rote Schuhsohle brand.
- German Red Cross: Permanent advice and legal representation in trademark law.
- Levi Strauss & Co.: Representation in numerous infringement proceedings (temporary legal protection) against infringers of Arcuate and Tab as well as more recently the Batwing brand, which has been one of the most copied brands since summer 2017
Due to its extraordinary team size, Hogan Lovells International LLP is able to offer one-stop advice on complex and extensive matters. The team's particular strengths include cross-border disputes and the assistance with large international trade mark and design portfolios; here, the firm's international set-up can be beneficially utilised and especially the firm's Alicante office generates a clear market advantage for the prosecution practice. Since 2020, the firm has been offering a modern analytical system with the globally uniform trade mark management software Anaqua, which complements other legal tech tools (including Total Brand Care as a research, monitoring and dispute management tool). Sector focuses in the life sciences, automotive, telecoms and consumer goods industries enable tailored solutions that take into account the commercial framework conditions of its clients. IP advice on transactions is another part of the service spectrum. The practice is led by Burkhart Goebel as head of the global IPMT group in Hamburg, Miriam Gundt in Düsseldorf as European practice head and the Hamburg-based Andreas Bothe as the head of the IPMT group in Germany. Patrick Fromlowitz in Hamburg, whose core expertise is advice to companies from the pharmaceutical, construction, fashion and oil industries, and Marion Fischer in Munich, who specialises in the life sciences and automotive sectors among others, both made partner in January 2020. Counsel Mareike Hunfeld is particularly known as a colour mark expert.
Other key lawyers:
' Expertise, practical advice, good people.'
' Yvonne Draheim, Andreas Bothe and Patrick Fromlowitz are outstanding. '
' The team is very professional, thorough, patient and has a steady hand. They are very knowledgeable, not only in trademark law, but also in economic considerations. They provide excellent legal and strategic advice. They are also very proactive and pleasant to deal with. '
'' High level of professionalism and expertise. We mandate the team for more demanding cases with more serious injuries and legally higher complexity. The law firm leaves no stone unturned to find solutions to our problems. '
' Hogan Lovells is more expensive than other German law firms we hire. However, the quality is very high and therefore higher costs are understandable. '
' Yvonne Draheim is very experienced and offers very valuable advice. '
' Burkhart Goebel: Very good customer orientation, very pragmatic, quick response time and perfect communication, building a long-term and stable client relationship.'
'Mareike Hunfeld: Very good customer orientation, very pragmatic, quick response time and perfect communication. '
Canyon Bicycles GmH
Deutsche Industrieanlagen GmbH
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB
Home Shopping Europe GmbH
Machineseeker Group GmbH
Merck & Co. Inc.
Moomin Characters Oy Ltd.
Vorwerk & Co. KG
Wikimedia Foundation, US
- Merck & Co. Inc.: Advice and representation in connection with a major cross-border proceeding regarding the rights to the trademark and the MERCK corporate name.
- H&M Hennes & Mauritz AB: Advice and representation in various preliminary injunction proceedings and main proceedings brought against the client by PUMA SE, including counterclaims filed by the client; Legal advice and representation in trademark and company name infringement proceedings against the shoe and fashion retailers H&D shoes and more Hoffmann GmbH and H&M shoes and more Instyle GmbH.
- Allison GmbH: Successful representation against the competitor Cybex in a large design litigation.
KLAKA Rechtsanwälte particularly stands out for its longstanding experience in advising on significant and complex infringement matters. The group has especially deep knowledge of the automotive, pharmaceutical, fashion and sports as well as luxury goods, banking and insurance sectors. Its strong trade mark practice, which recently assisted with several high-profile matters in the colour mark space including related court proceedings, is backed by a powerful design practice, particularly in the automotive sector. In addition, the team benefits from its cooperation with the competition practice. The group is headed by the renowned, Munich-based Ralf Hackbarth who is well versed in trade mark, design and competition law. The firm's second office is located in Düsseldorf. Carola Onken, also in Munich, possesses deep expertise at the interface between trade mark and food law as well as in protected designation of origin matters.
Other key lawyers:
' Ralf Hackbarth and Florian Schmidt-Sauerhöfer are a well-coordinated team that complement each other perfectly. '
' Ralf Hackbarth is an extremely experienced litigation attorney in trademark and design law, who maintains an overview, especially in large complex proceedings, and can draw on his experience. Florian Schmidt-Sauerhöfer is an extremely committed litigation attorney who spares no effort for success. '
'' Extensive knowledge of trademark law, international contacts for worldwide trademark registrations, quick, competent advice with good solutions that are tailored to the client. '
' Oliver Rauscher has known the specific needs of the client for many years and uses them to develop good solutions in trademark law issues. The same applies to Ralf Hackbarth. Both have extensive knowledge of trademark and competition law and provide quick and easy-to-implement advice. '
' The cooperation with Klaka is extremely professional and goal-oriented. Regardless of the legal situation and the chances of success, coordination with the sales department is always sought so that the sales strategic orientation can also be taken into account. In this way, solutions can be found TOGETHER that involve all departments. In addition, there is a good network of Klaka. But the most important thing: We are extremely satisfied with the results from Klaka and have been working together successfully for many years. '
' Stefan Abel's ability to handle all correspondence in German, English and French is extremely helpful. Mr. Abel also has a very pleasant manner. In addition to his professional qualifications, dealing with him is extremely uncomplicated and pleasant. The reaction time and availability of Mr. Abel is also well above the average that I know from other law firms or lawyers. '
Adelholzener Alpenquellen GmbH
Alcar Holding GmbH
BigBen Interactive S.A. (Frankreich)
Börlind Gesellschaft für kosmetische Erzeugnisse mbH
Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac
Deutscher Fußball Bund (DFB)
Helene Hetzenecker GmbH
Infineon Technologies AG
Lackmann Fleisch- und Feinkostfabrik GmbH
Lafuma Mobilier SAS
Multifilm Sonnen- und Blendschutz GmbH ./. Glashart AG
Nestlé Deutschland AG und Nestlé Nutrition GmbH sowie MAGGI GmbH
Poulsen Roser AS, Dänemark
RUD Ketten Rieger & Dietz GmbH & Co. KG
UniCredit Bank AG
Vignal Systems SA, Venisseux, Frankreich
Villeroy & Boch AG
WWK Lebensversicherung a.G.
Zahnärztlicher Bezirksverband Oberpfalz e. V.
Zentrale zur Bekämpfung unlauteren Wettbewerbs
- BMW AG: Comprehensive long-term support in trademark and design law, including representation in infringement proceedings in Germany and in numerous cases before the EUIPO and DPMA, including in court and official proceedings against the VOLVO Group for the protection of the letter M.
- Beiersdorf AG: Representation in numerous trademark proceedings, including to enforce the rights of world-famous brands such as NIVEA, Labello and Eucerin.
- AVM Computersysteme Vertriebs GmbH - manufacturer of cable modem routers of the FRITZ! Box brand: Represented in a series of injunctions against the sale of used cable modem routers called Refurbisher; Essential procedure for all brand manufacturers who provide free support and firmware updates for technical devices.
Taylor Wessing visibly strengthened its practice with the arrival of salary partner Sebastian Fischoeder, who joined from Bird & Bird LLP in September 2019 and focuses on unconventional trade marks, and the salary partner promotion of Katharina Reuer (prosecution and disputes) in Hamburg and Christian Tenkhoff (focus on unconventional trade mark disputes among other matters) in Munich. Due to various projects in 2019, the already highly international practice moved even closer towards its international firm colleagues to defend its position as a firm that is competent across borders, with the German practice regularly occupying a central role. In addition to its traditional strengths in trade mark and design portfolio development and management as well as in infringement proceedings, the firm has been offering an interdisciplinary, international expert team advising on trade secrets since autumn 2019. Its advice offering to agencies was deepened with regards to contractual matters and social media advertising. Düsseldorf-based practice head Olaf Gillert has experience in strategic advice as well as in litigation.
Other key lawyers:
Christ Juweliere und Uhrmacher seit 1863 GmbH
Flatworld Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
FujiFilm Corporation und FujifilmEurope
Scotch Whiskey Association
Villeroy & Boch
- American Airlines: Coordination of the entire brand management in the EMEA region. The client is advised by all European Taylor Wessing offices on all IP matters; Representation in various disputes, advice on strategic brand issues.
- AstraZeneca: Representation in trademark disputes against competitors, including advice, representation and, in some cases, worldwide coordination in infringement proceedings as well as in objection and cancellation proceedings before the authorities; ongoing support for numerous risk assessments and clearance projects across the EU.
- Christ jewelers and watchmakers since 1863 GmbH: Comprehensive support and representation in matters of intellectual property law; worldwide brand and design management.
Bardehle Pagenberg focuses on strategic advice to clients on the development and vindication of trade mark and design portfolios. Hereby, the group represents both large international corporations as well as startups within a national and international context, while the team's sector expertise is particularly apparent in the healthcare, hospitality, sports goods and fashion as well as cosmetics industries. The practice is regularly entrusted with complex instructions, such as issues pertaining to trade mark, design and domain law as well as competition law, including simultaneous proceedings concerning various protection rights. The firm also offers an internal language service and graphic designer to complement its IP offering. Claus Eckhartt in Munich heads the team and focuses on acquisition and legal enforcement of protection rights in the trade mark, industrial design and copyright areas.
' The team is great! They advise sensible strategies, bill transparently and are very involved in the cases. The whole team is of course very polite, friendly and pleasantly proactive. Fantastic! '
' Philipe Kutschke and his team have the right feel for the needs of start-ups with international ambitions but initially limited budgets. For founders with limited IP knowledge, they make filing decent property rights very pleasant. This very smart team helps wherever it is needed and is good at anticipating needs. '
Air Up GmbH
The Coca-Cola Company
Mondelez UK Holdings and Services Limited
MZE Möbel Zentral Einkauf GmbH
XL-Energy Marketing s.p.zoo
- The Coca-Cola Company: Advice on various trademark, utility model and copyright matters as well as on issues of unfair competition.
- L'Oreal: Trademark registrations and advice on brand strategy.
- Galana NV: Policy procedures regarding the scope of protection of protected designations of origin in Europe.
CBH Rechtsanwälte continues to expand its strength in the healthcare, beauty and care sectors and in the technology and automotive industries particularly at its Cologne office as well as in the luxury goods space, here particularly at the Hamburg office. The practice's success has become especially apparent through its solid client relationships, which the team maintains not only with its strong medium-sized client base, but also with an increasing number of international corporations. The group acts both forensically as well as in strategic advisory capacity and utilises its internal expertise in design and competition law in cross-practice matters, particularly in the life sciences sector. The advice spectrum includes conventional trade marks as well as colour and certification marks. The team also has experience in assisting with landmark proceedings before the Federal Court of Justice and the ECJ. The group's key contacts are Ingo Jung, Nadja Siebertz and Markus Ruttig in Cologne, whose special areas of expertise include gambling law, the Hamburg-based Sebastian Eble and Detlef von Schultz, who are both well versed in border seizures, and Stephan Gruber (patent, industrial design and trade mark law) in Munich.
Other key lawyers:
' For many years, CBH has distinguished itself as a reliable partner in all areas for our daily work. '
'' Understanding of the specific public law issues, the authorities ' point of view can be easily understood. Specific knowledge of the administration at the interface to gambling, competition and company law; Experience effectively available in the team. '
' The personal commitment, the always friendly and appropriate advice and processing and the absolute reliability of Nadja Siebertz. '
' Markus Ruttig: Excellent knowledge, careful advice, extensive experience and use of knowledge from and about other players.'
Albrecht Jung GmbH & Co.KG
Donaldson Filtration Deutschland GmbH
DVGW – Deutscher Verband der Gas- und Wassertechnik e.V. / DVGW Cert GmbH
Fast Fashion Brands GmbH
K & S – Kali und Salz AG
LVMH-Gruppe – Louis Vitton Moet Hennessy
Metten Stein+Design GmbH & Co. KG
Robert Herder GmbH & Co. KG
Saint-Gobain Glass Deutschland GmbH
Superior Industries Europe AG
Synnecta AG und MyndLeap GmbH
Westdeutsche Lotterie GmbH & Co. oHG
WM Beautysystems AG
Würth GmbH & Co KG
- Daimler AG: Regular advice and representation in trademark law and trademark strategic matters, including extensive portfolio advice and support as well as selected expert questions and representation in proceedings before the trademark offices.
- WM Beautysystems AG: Comprehensive advice, particularly in the area of the introduction of a new cosmetics line at the interface between trademark law and the Cosmetics Regulation and Health Claims Regulation; Trademark defense; various trademark law proceedings abroad. In 2019, among other things, litigation to secure the rights to the Wellmaxx cosmetics brand in Poland, Italy, Korea and England.
- Fast Fashion Brands GmbH: Permanent advice in the fashion sector; Most recently, among other things, support in the BGH basic proceedings to clarify the use of secondary brands in the fashion sector.
Lubberger Lehment has continued to expand its transactional practice while its forensic practice has maintained its prestige and momentum. The firm is renowned for its successful and comprehensive advice to luxury goods companies, but is also frequently involved in landmark proceedings beyond this sector, thereby coining Germany's legal landscape since its inception in 2004. The client base predominantly includes large German and international companies which the team also advises on product piracy issues and trade mark and design portfolio development. Key contacts include founder Andreas Lubberger (trade mark, design and competition law) in Berlin and Cornelis Lehment (competition and trade mark law) in Hamburg as well as the Berlin-based Kai Schmidt-Hern (particularly media and luxury good sectors as well as startup advice), Martin Fiebig (particularly product piracy, commerce platforms, border seizures, IP advice on transactions) and Rani Mallick (influencer marketing, product counterfeiting, parallel imports among other matters). Benjamin Koch (IP advice on transactions, trade mark and design law) is the main contact in Munich.
Other key lawyers:
' The team works quickly, accurately and clearly and is very easy to work with. They are absolute experts in their field. '
' The Munich office of Lubberger Lehment is an excellent boutique in trademark and IP law. Highly competent and with brilliant know-how, especially with regard to complicated technical questions and current case law. '
' Economic thinking and economic advice. Very quick processing at a high quality level. '
' Highly motivated team, factually and legally sound, but also tactically well positioned. Particularly recommended for product and brand piracy cases and platform violations as well as UWG. '
' Benjamin Koch provides outstanding support in negotiating and concluding IP contracts in the context of M&A transactions as well as in IP contracts in general. Although the law firm is small, the service concept is very important. The care of the mandates is excellent. '
' Benjamin Koch is an excellent, competent partner who, with his outstanding knowledge, gives me security even in critical trademark infringement proceedings and with whom I can achieve the best solutions for the company. I particularly appreciate Mr. Koch for his pragmatic strategies, for his always good availability and last but not least for his good sense of humor. '
' Kai Schmidt-Hern: Good strategic thinker who follows a clear line in disputes. '
' Andreas Lubberger: Very honest, legally brilliant and full of ideas, can listen well and asks the right questions for legal clarification. Get to the crucial point quickly. '
Autocom Diagnostic Partner A
Belron (Carglass, junited Autoglas etc.)
Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Cotta Collection GmbH
Deutsche Entertainment AG
- Adolf Würth GmbH & Co. KG: Advice and representation on counterfeit products.
- Apple: Long-term soft IP support.
- Coty: Permanent advice and representation in numerous trademark law proceedings.
The inception of Boehmert & Boehmert spin-off Nordemann in January 2020 attracted plenty of attention in Germany's IP market. Under the leadership of Anke Nordemann-Schiffel and Axel Nordemann, one of the most powerful teams in Germany now provides highly specialised soft IP advice from its offices in Berlin and Potsdam. Jan Bernd Nordemann, Christian Czychowski, Thomas Boddien, Stanislaus Jaworski, Julian Waiblinger, Renate Hellenthal and of counsel Olaf Wolters are part of the new practice and comprehensively cover trade mark, competition and copyright law including various neighbouring issues in numerous constellations. The broad service offering, alongside representation in contentious matters, also includes assistance with strategic portfolio issues, competition matters and copyright-heavy issues. The team further stands out for its activity in the scientific publications sphere.
Other key lawyers:
' You are very quickly put in touch with a competent contact person who is capable, targeted and committed. There is no longer any need to worry about a matter that has been handed over to the Nordemann law firm . '
' A central point of contact with a competent team in the background. Answers to questions and any necessary actions are also given during the absence. No break in activities noticeable in absence. Advance information about absence takes place. Feedback is given via the central contact person and not via other offices. '
' Even in the new formation, Anke Nordemann-Schiffel's team is an extremely competent and reliable contact for us in all trademark law issues. In particular, the international perspective and the numerous contacts to partner law firms around the world help us a lot. '
' Anke Nordemann-Schiffel is exemplary. I would like to see more lawyers in the world like them – incredibly knowledgeable, very accessible, with good business acumen, excellent litigation lawyers, and reliable partners. '
' Anke Nordemann-Schiffel has been a great support in all trademark law issues worldwide for years. '
' Christian Czychowski helps in a very competent, committed, targeted, patient, friendly and fast manner. '
' The team at the Nordemann law firm offers individual advice and extremely fast processing of issues relating to trademark law. The brand portfolio is looked after reliably and very well organized. '
'There are no long waiting times. The law firm convinces with a very good global network and good knowledge of the sports industry. '
'To be emphasized is the continuous personal support from the partners and associates, which enabled a relationship of trust to be built up. Very good appointment management. Very good office management. '
' Professor Dr. Jan Bernd Nordemann adapts very well to clients and also works quickly into special situations. '
' The personal contact of all partners and associates convinces with high competence and extreme friendliness. The support is very reliable, individual and goal-oriented. '
game – Verband der deutschen Games-Branche e.V.
NINTENDO of EUROPE GmbH und NINTENDO Co., Ltd. (Japan)
NOVARTIS / SANDOZ / HEXAL
The Hearst Corporation
Authentic Brands Group
Avenso GmbH (LUMAS)
Dakine IP Holdings LP
Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle (DAkkS)
DIEDRICH FILMER (Großhandel)
DotBerlin (Berlin Top-Level-Domain)
EMCUR Gesundheitsmittel aus Bad Ems GmbH
Georg von Holtzbrinck GmbH & Co. KG
Georg Westermann Verlag GmbH
Hasso Plattner Institut gGmbH
Hunter International GmbH
Jean & Len GmbH
KALYPSO MEDIA (Games)
KrampeHarex GmbH & Co. KG
Land der Ideen e.V.
Major League Baseball
Messe Berlin GmbH
Otto Group GmbH & Co. KG
Projektwerkstatt Gesellschaft für kreative Ökonomie mbH
Quin TEchnologies GmbH
Savoy Hotel Berlin
Sidroga Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsprodukte mbH
Siemens & Co. Heilwasser und Quellenprodukte des Staatsbades Bad Ems GmbH & Co. KG
Studio Hamburg Produktion Gruppe
The Tea Board of India
- Airbnb, Inc.: Advice on trademark law, administration of property rights for EU trademarks, conducting research, supervising opposition and cancellation proceedings.
- NOVARTIS/SANDOZ/HEXAL: Trademark law advice; Supervision of the brand portfolio; Infringement proceedings from trademark and competition law; Support in EU objection proceedings.
- SKYE lawyers: Support in M&A deals, there IP law support, especially with regard to the property rights portfolio.
Baker McKenzie's practice is composed of IP advice on transactions and contentious proceedings. Here, the group has particular strengths in assisting with asset deals and carve outs, but also with company restructuring. Based on its trade mark management offering, practice heads Michael Fammler and Rembert Niebel and their team have continued to expand the practice, while the number of consumer goods industry clients particularly increased. A further focus lies in the life sciences sector which is predominantly handled by the Munich office. Clients also benefit from the use of trade mark management technology such as the firm's own Tool Global IP Manager and the legal tech innovation centre Reinvent Law. Additional support is provided by the firm's global, Manila-based IP service centre.
' Very good advice – fast availability – keeping deadlines is good – transparency in billing. '
' Rembert Niebel looks after all license agreement matters, taking into account all relevant circumstances, and recommends the appropriate solution. His empathic, level-headed and binding manner makes working together very pleasant. '
BAT (British American Tobacco/Batmark)
- Automobile manufacturer: Senior IP advisor on a major reorganization that was of great strategic importance to the client; Preparation of all IP-related contracts; Advice on the IP structure.
- SAP SE: Advice on all aspects of the brand portfolio, including strategic advice on brand clearing, registration strategies, portfolio management (including, increasingly, advice on portfolio efficiency), enforcement and handling of major brand conflicts with direct competitors.
- Global luxury fashion and accessories company: Representation in a landmark litigation against a grocery discounter regarding the possible exhaustion of trademark rights through the sale of original products on their online platform.
In addition to numerous large international corporations, BEITEN BURKHARDT also advises a broad client base of medium-sized companies both on national as well as cross-border matters. The team acts particularly often for sports and computer games companies, but also possesses distinct expertise in the commerce, publishing and media, especially radio broadcasting, industries. Led by Matthias Stecher and Andreas Lober, who are both experienced in litigious and arbitral proceedings, the team focuses both on portfolio development and management as well as on enforcement and is well regarded for its interdisciplinarity. Particularly in the computer gaming sector, clients benefit from the team's ability to cover the interface to IT and competition law. Trade mark and competition lawyer Angelica von der Decken changed into of counsel status in June 2019.
Other key lawyers:
‘ The practice is characterized by a very quick response to inquiries as well as absolutely competent advice and assistance. You feel you have been given comprehensive legal advice and common sense is also applied, which is often very important in our industry. The whole team is incredibly friendly, and working together is really great fun. ‘
‘ Particularly outstanding for us is Uwe Wellmann, who supports many things with his wide range of knowledge and is characterized by the highest level of competence and professionalism. ‘
‘ Extremely client-oriented; very practical suggestions and decision templates. ‘
‘ Holger Weimann: Very responsive, solution-oriented, clear recommendations. ‘
‘ A very dedicated team. ‘
” Top address for clients in the games industry with a full-service profile from youth and data protection to media and copyright law to competition and antitrust law. ‘
‘ Andreas Lober is an outstanding and gladly mandated lawyer for the games industry. In the last year he made groundbreaking decisions in the interests of his clients, especially in the field of youth protection .
‘ Lived interdisciplinarity. Lived discourse on finding solutions with legal professionalism. ‘
‘ I primarily have to do with Matthias Stecher. For years I have valued his in-depth expertise and organized way of working. We have always solved very complex tasks very well. He enjoys my complete confidence. ‘
” In the field of commercial legal protection, a wide range of advice from competition and advertising law to hard and soft IP. Very well coordinated teams in Munich and Frankfurt. ‘
‘ Andreas Lober: Creative and hands-on. ‘
‘ Beiten Burkhardt has a very broad-based IP department, so they cover a lot of the industries that are relevant to my practice. In my opinion, a particular strength lies in IP litigation and copyright law. Good price-performance ratio, which makes them particularly attractive for SMEs. ‘
‘ Matthias Stecher: A very careful and experienced IP lawyer. Always available and always on the right side with his advice. ‘
‘Holger Weimann: Excellent copyright expert, pleasant to work with.’
‘Tanja Hogh Holub: She has a very broad portfolio of trademark rights and I appreciate her strategic ability to solve complicated situations. ‘
‘ Holger Weimann: Very experienced and technology-savvy. Fast and good communication. ‘
Antenne Bayern GmbH & Co. KG
Christine Kröncke Interior Design GmbH
Deutscher Fußball-Bund e. V. und DFB GmbH
Deutscher Golf Verband
FC Bayern München AG
SCHUFA Holding AG
The Financial Times
Vitra Collections AG
- CD Color GmbH & Co. KG: Representation in legal proceedings for alleged infringement of the CWS trademark and various alleged violations of the license agreement; Requests to refrain from using trademarks; very extensive litigation with numerous applications.
- INTERSPORT Germany eG: Extensive representation under trademark and competition law and representation in several proceedings before the Federal Patent Court; Representation in various warnings due to trademark infringement; Advice on trademark law on the contract with the umbrella organization Intersport IIC.
- König Ludwig International GmbH & Co. KG: Representation in deletion proceedings relating to the Neuschwansteiner trademark, a procedure with appeal up to the BPatG.
Frankfurt-based boutique offering bock legal Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten impresses with a fully comprehensive advice spectrum in the IP arena. In trade mark law, the team focuses on fighting against product piracy, where its cooperation with investigators in Germany and abroad as well as its experience in border seizure proceedings substantially contributes to the practice's success. Design law is the second mainstay in its soft IP practice. Notable companies in the automotive industry, fashion and luxury goods companies as well as clock and jewellery manufacturers represent the core of its client base. Firm founder Andreas Bock heads the team and is renowned for his expertise in patent, trade mark and competition law, which he also regularly utilises in litigation proceedings.
' Andreas Bock is an outstanding attorney in trademark law. '
The Swatch Group AG
Europäische Zentralbank (EZB)
Guccio Gucci S.p.A.
Bottega Veneta SA
Verband der Schweizerischen Uhrenindustrie FHS
Vario Büroeinrichtungen GmbH & Co. KG
Schwinn Beschläge GmbH
MRH Trowe Gruppe
Reimo Reisemobil GmbH
CEBI Italy S.p.A.
COMPO GmbH & Co. KG
Infectopharm Arzneimittel und Consilium GmbH / Pädia GmbH
- Ferrari SpA: Since 1998 representation in a large number of trademark and design infringement proceedings concerning replicas and conversions of famous Ferrari classic cars.
- Bottega Veneta SA: Representation in a large number of trademark and design infringement proceedings regarding the Cabat bag with the Intrecciato pattern and the Knot Bag, which is protected as a 3D trademark. In addition, representation in all border seizure proceedings.
- Infectopharm Arzneimittel and Consilium GmbH / Pädia GmbH: Comprehensive advice on trademark law, UWG, HWG, AMG; Advice and representation in disputes, including with other pharmaceutical companies; Since 2018, in particular, several disputed drug advertising law infringement proceedings against a direct competitor before the Hamburg Regional and Higher Regional Court.
Boehmert & Boehmert
At Boehmert & Boehmert, the spin-off of Nordemann in January 2020 signified the biggest change for the firm in years. With Axel Nordemann, Anke Nordemann-Schiffel, Jan Bernd Nordemann, Christian Czychowski, Thomas Boddien, Renate Hellenthal, Julian Waiblinger and Olaf Wolters, several renowned partners simultaneously left the firm. However, these departures have not changed the quality of advice rendered by the firm's remaining partners: Rudolf Böckenholt, Andreas Dustmann, Carl-Richard Haarmann, Martin Wirtz and Peter Gross as the core team continue to confidently advise on national and cross-border matters pertaining to portfolio management and development as well as challenging infringement proceedings.
Other key lawyers:
- Danjaq, LLC/Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.: Advice on the registration of three brands in connection with the James Bond film franchise, namely the Gun Barrel motif as a multimedia brand and as a movement brand and for film music as an audio brand.
- Venotec GmbH: Advice on a client's trademark registered in China by a business partner in bad faith; successful brand attack as agent brand; Analysis and improvement of the client's entire property rights portfolio.
- WOW Tech Group (WOW Tech International GmbH, NOVOLUTO GmbH, WOW Tech Canada Inc.): Acquisition of representation of the global brand and design portfolio as well as planned representation of the global brand portfolio of the Canadian unit.
Hoffmann Eitle is one of the IP boutiques with a clear international orientation along simultaneously deep roots in Germany. With offices in Germany, the UK, Italy and Spain as core jurisdictions, the team offers one-stop cross-border advice. Chinese companies are increasingly visible in the team's case load. Based on a strong application and portfolio development and management practice, Munich-based practice heads Wedig von der Osten-Sacken and Michaela Ring have established the forensic practice as a significant focus. The proportion of design law instructions is increasing across all areas. Associated partner Angela Wenninger-Lenz joined df-mp at the beginning of 2020.
' Good cooperation with other IP consultants, such as patent attorneys. Excellent for securing worldwide protection for technical products . '
' Michaela Ring focuses heavily on pushing cases to the limits of what is possible. She has excellent analytical skills, recognizes the mistakes in opposing arguments and presents her reasoning very clearly. She is always in control of her case, even if it gets into stormy waters. '
' Isabelle Kuschel shows an excellent perception, is very conscientious in processing and meeting deadlines. '
MEGGLE Group GmbH
Orafol Europe GmbH
Vermop Salmon GmbH
Beele Engineering B.V.
AIWA CO., LTD.
IGEPA group GmbH
Berger Bau SE
Geistlich Pharma AG
AXENT Switzerland GmbH
- Meggle Group GmbH: Brand and design portfolio management; Advice on the design relaunch of the client's main products and registration of the corresponding trademarks and designs.
- Wavin BV: Legal advice on design infringements.
- Orafol Europe GmbH: Brand and design portfolio management; Advice on the design relaunch of the client's main products and registration of the corresponding trademarks and designs. Coordination of trademark infringement proceedings in China.
Lorenz Seidler Gossel
Preu Bohlig & Partner
Preu Bohlig & Partner celebrated its 60th anniversary in 2019 and was able to refer not only to its traditionally strong trade mark, design and competition practice but also to a positive record in relation to expanding its competence in matters touching on IT and data protection which is particularly complementing the team's expertise in pharmaceutical law. The group advises both on portfolio development issues as well as on disputes such as in relation to the registration of protection rights as well as in national and international infringement proceedings. Border seizures and the prosecution and fight against protection rights infringements at trade fairs is also part of the advice spectrum. The large German client base is complemented by an increasing number of notable international companies, not least due to the firm's Paris office. Astrid Gérard (advice and litigation), Andreas Haberl (infringement proceedings and parallel validity proceedings), Torben Düsing (trade mark, design and competition law) and Matthias Hülsewig (patent and utility model law) as well as Jürgen Schneider, Ludwig von Zumbusch and Christian Donle, who all predominantly act in litigation, jointly head the practice.
' We regularly use lawyers from other Preu Bohlig offices to substitute for appointments and are very satisfied with this. '
' Torben Düsing has always defended our brands very successfully in the past. '
Candice Cooper AG
Christo Mare Yachting Sp.zo.o.
Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A.
Erich Adam Warenhandelsgesellschaft mbH
Frey + Lau GmbH
Global Distribution GmbH
Golf Brothers GmbH
Golf Versand Hannover GmbH
Gustav Magenwirth GmbH & Co. KG
Hans-H. Hasbargen GmbH & Co. KG
Insider Yacht Manufaktur GmbH
Koenig & Bauer AG
Koenig & Bauer MetalPrint GmbH
Monz Handelsgesellschaft International mbH & Co. KG
Möve Bikes GmbH
Newbox Medical GmbH
Össur HF Island und Össur Deutschland GmbH
Sunchairs GmbH & Co. KG
T’nB SA France
Training Base Weeze GmbH
- Bellomania GmbH: Constant advice and representation in trademark, design and competition law, including against unfair product imitations; besides brand management.
- Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A.: Among other things, trademark dispute with a German bicycle manufacturer and representation in opposition proceedings.
- Weld-Tech: Advice in connection with the enforcement of claims based on the infringement of Community designs and Union trademarks, with anti-competitive imitation and other claims under competition law at the Düsseldorf Regional Court.
Rospatt Osten Pross focuses on assisting with complex trade mark, competition and design law disputes, not only in Germany, but also before European courts. The firm's strong set-up in the soft and hard IP area is an often utilised advantage for clients, particularly for the practice's numerous industry clients. IP advice on grey imports of electronics goods as well as the defence against grey and parallel imports of pharmaceuticals remains a particular active part of its practice. In design law, the group is particularly experienced in the automotive and furniture industries. Key contacts are Rüdiger Pansch (patent, trade mark and design rights) and litigator Max von Rospatt as well as Hetti Hilge and Stephan von Petersdorff-Campen, who both cover all areas of IP and competition law. Markus Lenßen made partner in January 2020 and focuses on technical protection rights.
Other key lawyers:
' The team is extremely responsive and reliable .'
' The colleagues we have had the pleasure to work with have deep IP knowledge and incredible problem-solving skills. '
Lock & Lock
Marjo Leder & Tracht
Stoneridge (Exploitatiemaatschappij De Berghaaf)
- Schneider Electric: Successful defense against unexhausted gray market imports of UPS devices under the APC brand against a large number of important dealers in the computer and electronics sector.
- Ferrari: Supervision in several fundamental proceedings conducted by all instances regarding the Testarossa trademark and regarding as yet unresolved fundamental legal issues relating to the protection of parts in the case of unregistered designs.
- LG Electronics: Representation in a legal dispute with ZTE before the Düsseldorf courts over trademarks for mobile phones.
With the partner promotion of Sascha Pres in January 2020, SKW Schwarz Rechtsanwälte underlined the importance of its dispute resolution practice as a central pillar of its soft IP advice. The firm has earned a reputation as one of the most forward-thinking addresses in the market, which is not least due to the further development of its IT and data protection-related IP advice, the specialist expertise in the e-sports space as well as in branded content, advertising and influencer marketing and its experience in advising on medical cannabis as part of its growing life sciences and pharmaceutical practice. With five offices in Germany, the group is always close to its clients and provides a broad team set-up. Munich-based Margret Knitter, who comprehensively advises on IP and competition law, heads the team that also includes Berlin-based trade mark lawyer Ulrich Hildebrandt.
Other key lawyers:
' SKW is one of the progressive law firms in the IP and especially in the trademark area. The law firm is always up to date with the latest developments and technologies and therefore 'next generation' for us to the long-established IP law firms. Of course, from our point of view, the partners / lawyers have excellent expertise and high skills in procedural law. '
' Very closely interwoven team in which everyone is in top form. '
' Excellent quality and very accessible. You are ready to take responsibility and provide efficient advice. '
'' A high level of competence with the partner, fast reaction times, very good external network for international trademark applications. '
' SKW Schwarz is characterized by a high level of professionalism and client affinity. '
' SKW Schwarz is an extremely progressive law firm in terms of IP that always manages to get close to the latest developments and thus has a lead over the competition. '
' Sandra Sophie Redeker and Sascha Pres are very competent lawyers, efficient and quick to react. You have in-depth knowledge of demanding cross-border IP disputes, coordinate the individual proceedings perfectly and anticipate problems that arise. '
'' Distinct brand know-how – high level of consulting competence – very pleasant cooperation with partner Sandra Redeker. '
' Sandra Redeker and her team are reliable, fast and always ready to support us in our IP matters. '
' Sandra Redeker is a great team leader. She quickly understands our complex issues and leads her team to implement the best possible solution. Very well connected and pragmatic, she is the perfect business partner. '
' The full commitment of Sascha Pres in his mandates is very much appreciated. '
' Sascha Pres: Rising Star at SKW. It fits seamlessly into the experts at SKW. High legal skills! '
' Markus Brock is an extremely competent legal advisor and advisor in trademark law and data protection issues. His technical expertise also regularly asserts itself in the drafting of contracts with our contractual partners. He can present the legal context and conclusions to the client exceptionally well at any time. '
' Margret Knitter and Ulrich Hildebrandt as well as Sascha Pres are particularly recommended. '
' Ulrich Hildebrand is' the brain' in trademark law. His knowledge is inexhaustible and his publications in this area are also valuable for a trademark lawyer outside Germany. '
' Ulrich Hildebrandt is the' mastermind 'of trademark law. It is a changing lexicon in trademark law and UWG. He has every decision ready in his head and knows how to apply it. Arguments are extremely difficult for every opponent. '
' Margret Knitter is a very good trademark and competition lawyer who has an excellent track record and is very technology savvy. When providing advice, she is always up to date with the latest technologies and has excellent knowledge that she knows how to use. She is also very pleasant to work with . '
' Margret Knitter is very accessible and knowledgeable. She is also extremely pragmatic and always keeps the strategic perspective in mind. '
' Margret Knitter: She thinks progressively about trends in society that could have an impact on the IP in order to be able to react quickly and precisely for the client. '
' Margret Knitter is very clever and engaging. It puts a lot of effort into penetrating the sectors it covers (e.g. social media, food). She is easily accessible and always does an excellent job. '
' Margret Knitter is an exceptional lawyer, very accurate, very accessible. Very experienced in trademark and competition law. Your advice is always clearly formulated and pragmatic. '
Epic Games (Fortnite)
Margarete Steiff GmbH
Procter & Gamble
VF Konzern (The North Face, Vans Inc.)
Arnold & Richter Cine Technik GmbH & Co. Betriebs KG
- LM Industries Group Inc.: Comprehensive advice on negotiating and establishing a joint venture with AIRBUS Defense and Space GmbH.
- Canopy Growth Corporation: Comprehensive representation of the client and their subsidiaries on trademark law issues in Germany.
- On Clouds GmbH: Interim injunction against Puma to prevent Puma's new golf series from being launched under the CLOUDSPUN brand.
Vossius & Partner
Vossius & Partner's advice array covers the entire soft IP spectrum, while the team's deep litigation strength regularly becomes apparent in headline-grabbing proceedings. Furthermore, the practice is also a first address in Germany for design law matters, even though the prosecution practice around practice head Mathias Kleespies equally stands out. The group's broad sector expertise particularly spans the life sciences, technology, automotive and consumer goods industries.
'' Very quick and, above all, practical, straightforward and topic-related advice. Problems are not only viewed from an isolated legal point of view, but advisors are also provided who contribute to the technical problem performance. '
' VOSSIUS & Partner is a very good law firm in the field of intellectual property, especially for legal disputes in patent, trademark and design matters. The highly specialized team impresses with expertise both in the enforcement of property rights and in the defense against unjustified claims. '
' Technically strong. Excellent cooperation within the team. '
' The team is friendly and, above all, it works extremely well with other external partners. In contrast to other law firms, there is no envy or hostility whatsoever, as is often the case with large law firms. '
'' Many years of experience and targeted, pragmatic advice. Good value for money. '
' Very pleasant and very professional cooperation. Definitely recommendable. '
' Marcus von Welser is very quick, gets straight to the point when it comes to problems and solutions, and says what is important. This enables a very quick procedure, especially with time-critical topics. He was also available at all times and responded very quickly to questions. '
' Mathias Kleespies: Excellent knowledge paired with high strategic potential. '
' Simone Schäfer is a very competent and experienced consultant and has achieved very good results for us in cases of injury. Her advice is very practical, which we really appreciate and which shows that she is very experienced. '
' Paul Kretschmar: You don't want your colleagues on the other side. Extremely accurate and incredibly tough. '
' Paul Kretschmar: Well-founded, up-to-date specialist knowledge, high level of social skills. '
' Paul Kretschmar has exceptional expertise in judicial and extrajudicial disputes in trademark and design matters, both nationally and internationally. In this context, he also advises on brand and design portfolios, registration and confiscation procedures and, if applicable, relevant competition law aspects. '
' A particular strength of Paul Kretschmar is to recognize the essential aspects of complex procedures, to develop a tailor-made strategy for the further procedure and to correctly place the decisive arguments in written pleadings as well as in oral negotiations. '
BOFFI S.p.A., De Padova
Bundesverband der deutschen Sportartikel-Industrie (e.V.) (BSI)
Easy Laser GmbH
Essity Operations Hoogezand B.V.
Evoqua Water Technologies GmbH
Minges Kafferösterei GmbH
Oui Gruppe GmbH & Co KG
S. C. Johnson
Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH
- Federation of the German Sporting Goods Industry (eV): Representation in four trademark cancellation proceedings; Representing the client and its 150 members in deletion proceedings against the International Olympic Committee (IOC) regarding the illegal monopoly of generic terms, namely the brands 2018, Pyeongchang 2018, 2020 and Tokyo 2020.
- Essity Operations Hoogezand BV: Representation in an appeal proceeding before the BGH following a successful non-admission complaint regarding the complex question under trademark and competition law whether the refilling of trademark dispensers (paper towel dispensers) with no-name paper rolls from third parties constitutes a trademark infringement.
- General Mills: Strategic advice on design protection in the EU and the registration of EU designs for well-known brands such as Haagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, Betty Crocker and Green Giant; most recently advice on design protection for new ice cream bars as well as Old El Paso taco bowls and Mexican dishes; also support in protecting the corresponding packaging in the EU.
Arnold Ruess Rechtsanwälte PartmbB
Arnold Ruess Rechtsanwälte PartmbB assists clients with strategic issues concerning portfolio establishment and management as well as with contentious proceedings. From its Düsseldorf office, practice head Peter Ruess' team advises both on purely national as well as on a high number of cross-border matters in Europe and beyond. Its good contacts to international partner firms enable this focus. The group also assists with licensing matters as well as with advertising and branding.
' A very good IP boutique. Certainly one of the most recommendable law firms in Germany for trademark and design enforcement. '
' In the trademark area we work together with Peter Ruess. Due to his academic work, he offers advice at the highest legal level, but is also strategically versed and an experienced litigator. '
' Arnold Ruess is a law firm specializing in the entire field of intellectual property law, particularly in the area of patent and trademark law as well as unfair competition. The individual team members were able to gather a lot of know-how in large, recognized law firms and now combine this with the advantages of a smaller unit. Responsiveness and availability of the team members are extremely good, the firm's clientele is impressive. The way of working is very efficient and practice-oriented. '
' Peter Ruess is extremely solution-oriented, quick and proactive and extremely pleasant to work with. He understands what a client needs. I can warmly recommend him for the IP area. '
' The Arnold Ruess team has a wealth of IP experience (patents and trademarks), both for German and European issues, and is a go-to law firm. '
' The law firm is my main choice for IP matters in Germany and the EU. Their small size, accessibility and reasonable cost make them the first choice. '
Bering Time ApS
eismann Tiefkühl-Heimservice GmbH
Guhl Ikebana GmbH (KAO-Gruppe)
Johanniterorden u. Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Ltd.
Weingut Markus Molitor
Zentis GmbH & Co. KG
Zweirad-Center Stadler GmbH
- Zweirad-Center Stadler GmbH: Various proceedings, most recently at the CFI, regarding the rights of the Triumph brand for motorcycles and bicycles.
- Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Ltd.: Comprehensive and exclusive advice and representation in all judicial and extrajudicial disputes of the client in the IP, including numerous pending infringement proceedings; also accompanying the launch of the current Playstation.
- Order of St. John / Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe eV: Comprehensive strategic advice and management of the trademark portfolio as well as litigation in trademark law.
DLA Piper boasts a broad advice spectrum in the trade mark, design and competition law sphere. In contentious matters, the team is particularly known for its active summary proceedings practice, its experience in cross-border disputes and its assistance with conflicts related to digital issues. The team also provides sound knowledge and longstanding experience with regards to portfolio management and strategic protection law advice, including in relation to due diligence and product labelling issues; here, it can rely on the expertise of its corporate and regulatory colleagues. Media and entertainment, technology, consumer goods and fashion industry clients represent the core of its client base, although it is increasingly complemented by companies from the life sciences, hotel and hospitality sectors. Stefan Engels in Hamburg heads the practice and acts in advisory capacity as well as particularly in contentious matters. Ulrike Grübler joined ERLBURG Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH in February 2020.
Other key lawyers:
Kai Tumbrägel; Burkhard Führmeyer; Gabriele Engels
' We mainly work with Stefan Engels and his IP team at DLA Piper Hamburg, who are both advisory and forensic on almost all matters in this area for our company. The reason for the ongoing cooperation is in particular the excellent broad coverage and thus also good interlinking in the field of industrial property protection and media law, so that advice and support is guaranteed from a single source. '
Atos Information Technology GmbH
Geely Auto Technical (Deutschland) GmbH
Gemological Institute of America, Inc
Globe Union Germany GmbH & Co. KG; Toom GmbH (REWE)
Happy Socks AB
LEGO System A/S
Lululemon Athletica Canada Inc.
PlastPack Defence ApS
Shure Europe GmbH
- Atos Technology: Advising on a strategically significant trademark dispute.
- Newell Brands: Representation in trademark proceedings against a competitor.
- Nike: Advising on a trademark dispute with Willy Bogner GmbH & Co. KGAA (Bogner) regarding the offer of Nike shoes with the name Fire & Ice in online shops by various Nike distributors.
Eisenführ Speiser predominantly assists large and medium-sized German companies which also regularly benefit from the firm's patent law expertise. Portfolio advice including the representation in application procedures and the assistance with contractual issues pertaining to protection right exploitation represent a clear focus. However, the group is also well versed in contentious matters, including summary proceedings, as well as in assisting clients with design and domain law matters. Harald Förster and Julian Eberhardt, who both specialise in infringement of rights matters, of counsel Andreas Ebert-Weidenfeller (strategic advice on all trade mark and design protection matters) as well as Rainer Böhm (trade mark law, know-how law and advertisement law) constitute the core team.
Other key lawyers:
Agrarfrost GmbH & Co. KG
Avery Zweckform GmbH
BEGO Unternehmensgruppe (BEGO GmbH & Co. KG, BEGO Bremer Goldschlägerei Wilh. Herbst GmbH & Co. KG, BEGO Medical GmbH, BEGO Implant Systems GmbH & Co. KG)
CEWE Stiftung & Co. KGaA
Digital Illumination Interface Alliance (DiiA)
Dr. Becher GmbH
EW Nutrition GmbH
Herbacin cosmetic GmbH
Hüttenes-Albertus Chemische Werke GmbH
Intenso Sales GmbH
Poly-clip System GmbH & Co. KG
Protina Pharmazeutische GmbH
Sennheiser / Georg Neumann GmbH
Stiebel Eltron GmbH & Co KG
Werner & Mertz GmbH
Wippermann jr. GmbH
WISKA Hoppmann GmbH
Woco Industrietechnik GmbH
- ZHAGA Consortium: Comprehensive advice on contract and trademark law for international standardization organizations.
- Werner & Mertz GmbH: Comprehensive advice on trademark law, in particular adaptation of the global trademark portfolio.
- Capnomed GmbH: Trademark law advice; Portfolio advice.
Friedrich Graf von Westphalen & Partner
With its three offices in Freiburg, Frankfurt and Cologne, Friedrich Graf von Westphalen & Partner is strategically well positioned. While Norbert Hebeis and Morton Douglas in Freiburg focus on trade mark advice to pharmaceutical companies, medical products manufacturers, pharmacies and chambers of pharmacists as well as brand manufacturers on one hand, and IP assistance with transactional matters on the other, the Cologne-based team around David Kipping advises on product launches and advertising measures as well as on cross-border disputes and product labelling. Stephan Dittl in Frankfurt specialises in copyright, design and competition law.
Other key lawyers:
AHP Merkle GmbH
Alexander Bürkle GmbH & Co. KG
Alnatura Produktions- und Handels GmbH und sämtliche Konzernunternehmen (Alnavit, Bonano, People Wear Organic GmbH)
BBraun Melsungen AG/Aesculap AG
Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland e. V. (BUND)
Deutscher Caritas Verband e. V.
Dr. Martens / Airwair Ltd.
Dt. Versandapotheke Fliegende Pillen
EAM GmbH & Co. KG
General Re Corp.
Gloster Furniture Ltd. und Dedon GmbH
HME Copper Germany GmbH
Holle baby food GmbH
IAMS Europe B.V.
KME Germany GmbH & Co. KG
Löwen Frankfurt Eishockey-Betriebs GmbH
Minderleinsmühle GmbH & Co. KG
Securetec Detektions-Systeme AG
Spectrum Brands Inc.
Triaz Group GmbH
Wilkinson Sword GmbH
Zentralverband Deutsches Kraftfahrzeuggewerbe e. V.
- Puckator Ltd.: Comprehensive advice and representation in cases of product imitations and advice on product labeling law. Lead counsel for IP litigation across the EU, including coordination in cases unrelated to Germany. In addition, advice and representation in property right registrations and defense.
- erima GmbH: Competitive performance protection and position mark in the field of sportswear regarding the client's 5 Cube design in a possible conflict with a competitor; Infringement action and nullity proceedings before the DPMA.
- Dr. Martens / Airwair Ltd.: Comprehensive action against manufacturers and dealers of imitations / lookalikes on the basis of the protection of ancillary services under competition law; several successfully and legally concluded injunction proceedings.
Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek has embedded its soft IP practice within the IP, media and technology practice group and particularly stands out for its team's stability. Dominik Eickemeier (trade mark, competition and copyright law, also particularly software copyright law) in Cologne and Michael Schmittmann (media) in Düsseldorf head the team, which also includes soft IP specialist Thorsten Wieland in Frankfurt, who is also experienced in fashion law, and Georg Jacobs in Düsseldorf as well as trade mark and design specialists Christian Spintig and Søren Pietzcker in Hamburg. Cologne-based soft IP lawyer and reputation management specialist Ruben Hofmann and the Stuttgart-based Andreas Schabenberger, who is experienced in trade mark and competition law as well as in medical products law, also form part of the core team. Rudolf du Mesnil retired in the summer of 2019.
Other key lawyers:
‘ Lawyers always available – very professional handling – so far successful in all disputes. ‘
‘ Dominik Eickemeier is a first class expert! ‘
At HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER, the partner promotion of Christina Tenbrock in January 2020 has gained its soft IP practice more clout in the market. Tenbrock and practice head Thomas Schmitz jointly advise on strategically important and complex matters, both in a purely advisory capacity as well as of contentious nature. The team's experience in assisting with advertising campaigns and product launches on national and international level is sought after by large German and international companies which also entrust the group with licence agreement matters. Transactional support is another strength.
Other key lawyers:
Adlon Brand GmbH & Co. KG.
Dr. Kurt Wolff
EOS – Energy of Smooth
- Adlon Brand GmbH & Co. KG: Advice and successful representation at first instance in a court case against a well-known German luxury fashion house; Negotiating a successful settlement.
- Dr. Kurt Wolff: Comprehensive group-wide representation in matters of unfair competition including cosmetics regulations and the right to advertise medical products; Disputes with well-known competitors in the areas of dental care (BioRepair, Karex) and hair care (Alpecin); in addition, comprehensive ongoing advice on product design.
- EOS – Energy of Smooth: Representation in numerous successful infringement proceedings against several imitators of the EOS lip balm before various infringement courts in Germany; Representation in numerous trademark and design proceedings before EUIPO / DPMA in cancellation proceedings relating to community designs; Takeover of EU-wide cosmetic legal advice and coordination; strategic advice on all IP issues.
JONAS Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Cologne boutique JONAS Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH welcomed a new partner for trade mark, design and competition law with Linda Thiel, who joined from Kleiner Rechtsanwälte in April 2020, thereby strengthening both its advisory as well as its dispute resolution practice. The advice spectrum includes IP advice on product developments and assistance with distribution and licensing issues among other matters. Karl Hamacher, Martin Viefhues, Nils Weber and Markus Robak, who joined the practice lead in January 2020, jointly head the firm and utilise their comprehensive expertise in trade mark, design and competition law both on strategic advisory level as well as in contentious proceedings.
Other key lawyers:
' The practice is very well organized, the teams work together very collegially, communication is very uncomplicated and committed at all times! '
' Karl Hamacher: Fast, easy to reach, well informed, competent! '
With its offices in Germany, particularly in Berlin and Munich, as well as offices in Alicante and Moscow, Noerr is geographically well positioned to advise on national and cross-border trade mark portfolios. Hereby, the focus in Germany lays on contentious proceedings while the team in Alicante predominantly acts in prosecution matters. Transactional matters are also part of the German practice. The team experienced growth particularly with regards to advice on IP aspects of restructuring and insolvency as well as in competition and design law. The group has experience across a broad sector spectrum with a focus on the consumer goods and food industries. Practice head Tobias Dolde divides his time between Munich and Alicante and specialises in European and international trade mark and design law.
At Osborne Clarke, the combination of an experienced forensic team and a solid prosecution practice has created a successful trade mark and design law practice. Particularly notable is the broad set-up of practice head Marcus Sacré's team; he is based in Cologne and focuses on the automotive and consumer goods industries. With litigator and trade mark and competition lawyer Matthias Kloth in Hamburg, fashion law and consumer goods specialist Andrea Schmoll in Cologne, who also has expertise in influencer marketing, and copyright and media lawyer Martin Soppe in Hamburg, the firm fields a team with a high affinity for cross-practice matters which is trusted by medium-sized, large German as well as international corporations.
'' Very good accessibility and very quick response and processing of various questions. '
' Matthias Kloth: Outstanding knowledge of trademark law, very competent and reliable, absolutely trustworthy cooperation. Very well represented in trademark disputes. Timelines are adhered to 100%, but there is always time for small talk and something personal. '
' Andrea Schmoll: Very quickly, very helpful, very good knowledge. '
BNP Best Natural
Products GmbH & Co. KG
Fitness First Germany
Hapag Lloyd Cruises
Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
Heribert Schwan und
National Hockey League (NHL)
National Football League (NFL)
ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE
Stone Brewing Inc.
Tessloff Verlag (Was ist Was)
- BNP Best Natural Products GmbH & Co. KG: Representation in global trademark litigation against the Indian government and its KVIC (Khadi Villages Industrial Commission), including in the EU, the USA, Russia, China and Australia.
- Bolt Mobility Inc.: Representation in a global trademark dispute about the BOLT brand, led against the global mobility provider Taxify SE.
- Byton Group: Comprehensive advice on design protection strategies and design registrations, including international coordination.
Schmitt Teworte-Vey Simon & Schumacher
Schmitt Teworte-Vey Simon & Schumacher was founded in the summer of 2019 as an IP boutique and has since managed to gain a solid position in the market. The four founding members Christian Schmitt, Marie Teworte-Vey, Gesa Simon and Jan Schumacher impress with their combined wealth of experience and a subsequently broad advice spectrum that, alongside traditional trade mark issues, disputes and portfolio advice, also includes competition issues as well as food and pharmaceutical-advertising law. The team's sector expertise is equally broad.
CHRIST Juweliere & Uhrmacher seit 1963 GmbH
DER Touristik Deutschland GmbH
DHL International GmbH
EatHappy ToGo GmbH
Erfurt & Sohn KG
Impact Acoustic AG
Larbig & Mortag Immobilien GmbH
R+V Allgemeine Versicherung AG
TEDi GmbH & Co. KG
toom Baumarkt GmbH
Wilhelm Brandenburg GmbH & Co. oHG
- DHL: Representation in a legal dispute currently pending at the Düsseldorf Higher Regional Court regarding the use of the world-famous DHL brand.
- REWE Group: Comprehensive trademark law advice and representation.
- R + V insurance: Comprehensive trademark law advice, including the management of the brand portfolio of over 150 brands, strategic advice in connection with new registrations, advice on competition law issues, support for new advertising campaigns and, most recently, the introduction of the new slogan for the insurance group in 2020.
Dentons shines in extensive cross-border matters: under the leadership of Constantin Rehaag and Stefan Dittmer, the team regularly leads the advice on these instructions. The dispute resolution practice is continuously gaining profile and expanded through the acquisition of new notable clients, including various from the pharmaceutical sector. Product piracy matters are another strength of the team. On prosecution level, the Frankfurt- and Paris-based management practice represents a good addition for national and international clients. The firm's in-house criminal expertise and experience in advising automotive companies on technology-related issues is also of note. Versatile IP lawyer Pascal Straszewski, whose advice spectrum also includes matters touching on competition law and specific legal regulatory contexts, made counsel in April 2020.
Other key lawyers:
' The holistic approach followed at Dentons is a particular strength of the law firm. The international networking, the coverage of all areas of law, the fast response times and the uncomplicated processing via a central contact for all global issues is unbeatable in this form. '
' Constantin Rehaag: One of the really good IP litigators. An excellent lawyer with an incredible wealth of knowledge. He is unpretentious and will work his way down to the smallest detail in any case. '
' Constantin Rehaag is a pragmatic practitioner who has always given us valuable advice. We can trust that he will always strive to achieve the best possible result. The international connections are wonderful, and the fully integrated European prosecution practice that Constantin has created is another good reason to keep him and his team. '
' The Dentons law firm is our first point of contact for all questions about brand protection and also works for us in the area of trademark infringement in Germany, but also acts as the central intermediate instance for communication with other law firms of the Dentons Group in other European countries. '
' Constantin Rehaag is our personal contact who we can recommend in every respect with regard to trademark law. The law firm Dentons and in particular Mr. Rehaag have extraordinary expertise in the field. We are very satisfied with the cooperation, especially due to the enormous specialist knowledge in the field, also with regard to our company's individual products and processes. Immediate response to our concerns and a balanced price-performance ratio characterize this law firm from our point of view. '
' Constantin Rehaag: Very experienced in the field of trademark law / industrial property rights, good individual advice, good reflection on the initial situation and questioning of customer-specific issues. Support during implementation. '
' Constantin Rehaag has proven himself to be a very competent lawyer who is experienced in dealing with clients, is very eloquent and can analyze even complex technical issues quickly and precisely with a razor-sharp mind. It is a pleasure to work with him! '
' Stefan Dittmer was always friendly, answered promptly and with his specialist knowledge always made me feel that I was well looked after. '
Agence France-Presse (AFP)
Industrie Cartarie Tronchetti
Konica Minolta & Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe
König & Bauer AG
KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA
Mil – Moskauer Hubschrauberfabrik M. L. Mil
PLR IP, dba Polaroid
Roche Pharma AG
Sky Fernsehen Deutschland GmbH
- SUPREME: Legal representation for Europe, the USA and China and thus the lead in the fight against trademark infringement worldwide, including advice on trademark registration.
- Mobility Trader Holding GmbH: Representation in various trademark matters; Focus on the trademark protection of the HeyCar! Trading platform.
- Amazon: Enforcement of a non-admission complaint against the perfume company Coty before the BGH; Dispute concerns questions of liability for alleged trademark infringements.
FPS distinguishes itself from competitors through a particularly strong focus on the interface between IP and IT. Christoph Holzbach in Frankfurt is the key contact; he acts both in advisory capacity as well as in court proceedings.
Other key lawyers:
With deep Hanseatic roots, Hamburg firm KNPZ Rechtsanwälte is also internationally oriented and, alongside its solid trade mark, competition and design practice, it also offers sound media law expertise and a team that is well versed in transactional matters. Product launches and distribution-related issues are just as much part of the practice's core activity. The client base traditionally includes companies from the consumer goods and media industries. Mathias Zintler is the key contact across all IP areas and for distribution law.
Loschelder regularly assists clients with trade mark and competition issues, including product piracy matters, but also provides strategic trade mark portfolio advice, distribution and licensing agreement expertise as well as experience in landmark proceedings. Matters touching on regulated industries, such as the food sector, is also covered by the practice's competition lawyers. The team's key figures are Patrick Pommerening, Stefan Maaßen, Thomas Schulte-Beckhausen and Volker Schoene, of whom all advise comprehensively on IP law.
BIEK (Bundesverband Paket- und Expresslogistik)
Henkel AG & Co KGaA
Krüger GmbH & Co KG
- BIEK (Federal Association of Parcel and Express Logistics): Representation in a basic procedure for compliance with the requirements of the Fahrpersonalverordnung against the market leader; 2019 ECJ decision in favor of the client.
- Henkel AG & Co KGaA: Ongoing and comprehensive representation in disputed UWG and trademark matters in the area of detergents and cleaning agents; also, to a greater extent, action against product imitations.
- Nun: Worldwide brand management, comprehensive advice on license plate and domain matters.
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH distinguishes itself from its competitors through its extraordinarily loyal client base. Under the leadership of Geert Johann Seelig (Hamburg) and Detlef Mäder (Cologne), the team acts in contentious matters - often trade mark infringement proceedings entailing cross-border elements which are also coordinated from the firm's German offices -, but also advises on the establishment and development of German and international trade mark portfolios. Assistance with IP aspects of transactions, which are frequently handled by the firm's corporate team, is another central pillar of the practice.
‘ In Hamburg there is a great team that is always available, even if it’s just a question asked again! Competent, pay attention to the costs, versatile and international. ‘
‘ Small efficient team with passion and competence for the subject. Exceptional price-performance ratio and very personal approach. ‘
‘ Geert Johann Seelig and his entire team are competent, offer a wide range of services to meet the various demands that we as customers have, are very precise in their work, always friendly and very happy to do that certain EXTRA! A very efficient, understandable and above all honest cooperation. ‘
‘Geert Johann Seelig is a passionately committed partner with international experience who is very keen to sell the client, in addition to the utmost transparency, only those services that he really needs and also critically questions the client’s decisions against this background. ‘
Imperial Tobacco Ltd./Reemtsma Cigarettenfabriken GmbH
Warsteiner Brauerei Haus Kramer KG/Warsteiner International KG
Daniel Wellington AB
The Nomad Company B.V.
Same Deutz-Fahr Deutschland GmbH
KIA MOTORS Corp.
Molkerei Ammerland eG
CENTA / Rexnord
EDCO Eindhoven B.V.
Verband der PSD Banken
Saint Gobain Glass
- SAME Deutz-Fahr Germany GmbH: Advice on trademark and competition law as well as enforcement of trademark rights.
- Dermaroller GmbH: Restructuring and consulting of the entire brand and design portfolio after taking over both portfolios.
- Reemtsma Cigarettenfabriken GmbH/Imperial Brands: Supervision of the brand portfolio in Germany and representation in competition and trademark law disputes; detailed legal advice on the introduction of the e-cigarette; Accompaniment of advertising and promotional activities through advice on competition law.
Norton Rose Fulbright is one of the most powerful firms in border seizure procedures and product piracy matters. Hereby, the IP offering spans trade mark, design, copyright and patents, while the team also assists with the development of application strategies and representation in corresponding authorities proceedings as well as with infringement proceedings, both for interim measures and summary proceedings. Although the luxury goods sector focus particularly stands out, the group generally advises a versatile client base that also includes companies in the pharmaceutical, automotive, electrotechnology and sports goods industries among others. The team's international integration within the firm is a clear strength in cross-border matters. Daniel Marschollek in Frankfurt heads the team.
AllStar CV (Converse)
BNP Paribas SA
Christian Dior Couture SA
Energizer Brands LLC
Nike European Operations NL BV
Sandvik Mining and Construction Crushing Technology
Sunflower Management GmbH & Co KG
Emilio Pucci Srl
Engelbert Strauss GmbH & Co. KG
Abercrombie & Fitch
Canopy Growth Corporation
- LVMH Fashion Group (Celine, Kenzo, Pucci, Givenchy und Loewe): Since January 2020 ongoing advice and representation in the context of the EU border seizure application and in the context of customs detections as well as in the criminal and civil enforcement of trademarks and designs.
- Indeed, Inc: Ongoing advice on various matters (including advertising and branding clearances, competitions); in addition, takeover of trademark management for Europe including ongoing opposition proceedings.
- Abercrombie & Fitch: Advice and representation since May 2019 in the context of the EU border seizure proceedings and in the context of customs attacks as well as in the civil and criminal enforcement of trademark rights.
Other key lawyers:
IP boutique boesling IP specialises in advising copyright holders on infringement proceedings. From its Hamburg office, the team assists with national as well as particularly cross-border disputes. Product piracy matters and border seizures are also part of its service offering. In addition, practice heads Thies Bösling and Inga George's team assists with application procedures and renders strategic advice on the establishment and development of trade mark portfolios as well as licensing issues.
‘ Small, very motivated team, partner-centered, very good know-how. ‘
‘ We are extremely satisfied with the cooperation. Dealing with clients and the law firm’s expertise are remarkable in the best sense of the word. ‘
” Team players who understand the internal company dynamics and difficulties and see it as their task to offer efficient and effective solutions. ‘
‘ Inga George: Very competent, very responsive and flexible, nice colleague. ‘
‘ Thies Bösling has found an exceptionally creative solution for our task and accompanies us with the implementation in a solution-oriented and pragmatic manner. ‘
‘ We have had only the best experiences with Thies Bösling in particular. ‘
‘ Thies Bösling: Special empathy and an excellent listener who understands the clients’ problems, deals with them and offers solutions within the scope of the clients’ possibilities and goals. Assertive, brilliant and comprehensively educated lawyer. ‘
‘ Thies Bösling is very pleasant to deal with, gives excellent pragmatic and effective advice quickly and directly. ‘
‘ Thies Bösling is an excellent IP consultant and delivers tailor-made solutions. ‘
‘ Inga George is an excellent lawyer. Her knowledge and commitment to the mandate are unparalleled. As a client, you feel that you are in good hands with her and her results speak for themselves. In her team, you are sure to be on the winning side, no matter what. ‘
‘ The team works very well together at a very high level. The response times are very short and the legal results are very successful. The reviews are always helpful and the communication very polite and precise. The team is one of our top consultants in Germany. ‘
‘ Boesling IP is an excellent law firm. The lawyers are very professional, reliable and do their utmost to assist their clients with their needs and inquiries. You are always available to give an informed answer to urgent inquiries. ‘
‘ The team has knowledge and service that go well beyond a law firm of its size. You get exceptionally in-depth knowledge of all branding topics. ‘
‘ The Boesling IP team is very knowledgeable about trademark litigation. Their excellent knowledge of the system enables them not only to outline the options available, but also to guide clients towards the best options for the specific circumstances. ‘
Hummel Holding A/S
METASYS Medizintechnik GmbH
Serana Europe GmbH
Leidseplein Presse B. V.
Dansk Mode & Textil
Cecilie Copenhagen A/S
- Hummel Holding A/S: Representation in numerous infringement proceedings against competitors and retail chains.
- Leidseplein Presse BV: Representation in the fight against piracy and border seizures before the German customs authorities.
- METASYS: Representation in proceedings for the placing on the market of reprocessed single-use medical devices without the consent of the manufacturer before the higher regional courts in Frankfurt a. M. and Düsseldorf.
Eversheds Sutherland focuses on assisting medium-sized companies and international corporations with strategic matters. The advice spectrum includes licensing and pharmaceutical-advertising law issues as well as matters pertaining to IP aspects of advertising materials and the representation in infringement procedures. Its cross-practice expertise in copyright matters is regularly utilised in complex instructions. The leadership duo is composed of the Munich-based Tobias Maier, who also co-heads the firm's international life sciences team, and Axel Zimmermann, who focuses on the media, sports and entertainment sectors.
Diverse Sportler (Formel 1, Formel 3, etc.)
Kering Group (Gucci, Brioni, Pomellato etc.) (FR)
Otsuka Pharmaceuticals (JP)
Resysta International GmbH
Tele München Group
WeatherTec Services GmbH
- Otsuka Novels Products GmbH: Advice on contract negotiations for various projects with other companies in the field of R&D and IP.
- Rolls-Royce: Advice on IP-related issues; in cooperation, in the area of research and development as well as for advertising measures.
- Munich RE: Advice on trademark, copyright and design law issues in connection with the worldwide weather database Nathan and a corresponding licensing model.
In the contentious space, FECHNER Rechtsanwälte predominantly acts in proceedings pertaining to competition and design law, while its trade mark practice primarily focuses on the advice to numerous agency clients. Firm founder Georg Fechner and his team regularly assist with IP aspects of product developments, particularly in relation to name development. Contractual matters and advice on the management and development of trade mark and design portfolios complement the advice spectrum.
Brauerei C. & A. Veltins GmbH & Co. KG
Hamburg Commercial Bank AG (vormals:
HSH Nordbank AG)
HD PLUS GmbH
Mey GmbH & Co. KG
SumBlox Group LLC
Ogilvy & Mather GmbH
Peter Kölln GmbH & Co. KGaA
Peter Schmidt Group
Digitas Pixelpark (Teil der Publicis Groupe)
seca Gmbh & Co. KG
Agenturen: Kolle Rebbe, Ogilvy, Jung von Matt, Serviceplan, Heimat, KNSK, TBWA, DDB, Red Rabbit, Lukas Lindemann Rosinski, Phillip&Keuntje, GGH.
- Hanseatic Bar Association: Representation in fundamental proceedings on various LegalTech offers from third parties, for example against Wolters Kluwer Deutschland GmbH in the so-called Smartlaw case.
- Mey GmbH & Co. KG: Supervision of the expansion of the brand and design portfolio and representation in various disputed matters; Assistance in obtaining legal protection for the collection of face and nose protective masks.
- LitFin Capital: Defense against attacks by a competitor for alleged UWG violations.
IP boutique Meissner Bolte Patentanwälte Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaft mbB continues to be particularly active in trade mark applications before the EUIPO and was able to resume the firm's national as well as international growth by expanding its associate teams in Munich and Düsseldorf as well as in London. The practice's international orientation also becomes apparent through the team's Japanese and Chinese native speakers. The practice is headed by Tobias Wuttke (specialisation in IP infringement proceedings) and counsel Oliver Nilgen (comprehensive expertise in media, design and pharmaceutical-advertising law). The firm's patent lawyers are also regularly involved in soft IP matters.
' Fast and very competent processing with a great deal of specialist knowledge. '
ACO Severin Ahlmann GmbH & Co. KG
Cesra Arzneimittel GmbH & Co. KG
DEHN + SÖHNE GmbH + Co. KG
O’Neal Europe GmbH & Co. KG
Warwick GmbH & Co. Music Equipment KG
BTL Medizintechnik GmbH
Mammut Sports Group GmbH
- Acandis GmbH: Comprehensive advice and representation in trademark matters; Expansion of the protection and defense of the brand portfolio.
- ACO Severin Ahlmann GmbH & Co. KG: Comprehensive advice in all trademark and design law matters, in particular representation in trademark law opposition proceedings before the DPMA and the EUIPO as well as advice and representation in out-of-court disputes.
- BTL Medizintechnik GmbH: Advice on trademark disputes.
Squire Patton Boggs advises on trade mark and competition law, while the team around Frankfurt-based practice head Reinhart Lange (trade mark and copyright law as well as unfair competition) is frequently involved in cross-border matters, which is not least thanks to the firm's international orientation. The advice portfolio also includes contentious matters as well as the assistance with trade mark and design portfolios. Eva Schalast left the firm at the end of 2019.
Bora Creations SL
Compagnie Financière Richemont SA
Deutsche Bank AG
Spectrum Brands Inc.
Zott SE & Co KG
- Compagnie Financière Richemont SA: Advice on trademark law.
- Deutsche Bank AG: Comprehensive global trademark and competition law advice; Management of the global brand portfolio.
- Zippo: Extensive representation in international trademark law issues.