Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs in France
Baker McKenzie fields 'a very practical and experienced' intellectual property team which handles a mixture of advisory and enforcement work across a wide range of sectors. The firm is responsible for trade mark portfolio management for a large number of notable clients, including Moët-Hennessy. Practice head Virginie Ulmann advised British American Tobacco on a cross-border pre-contentious matter surrounding the launch of a new product, with respect to prior EU trade mark rights owned by a French individual. The team also assisted with the intellectual property aspects of several high-value acquisitions, in particular the assignment of trade marks. Nathalie Marchand is also recommended.
‘Very practical and experienced.‘
British American Tobacco
Church & Dwight
Culture et Patrimoine
Moët-Hennessy and Société Jas Hennessy & co
Pierre & Vacances Center Parcs
Prince de Galles
The Swatch Group
- Handling the global trade mark and design portfolio of Société Jas Hennessy & Co, the world’s largest cognac producer.
- Defending Pierre et Vacances in a trade mark infringement action initiated by Le Cordon Bleu before the Paris Court of First Instance.
- Advised Bristol-Myers Squibb on the intellectual property aspects of the sale of its UPSA consumer health business to Taisho Pharmaceutical, in particular the assignment of trade marks.
The team at Bird & Bird provides 'business-oriented expert legal advice' and a 'tailor-made solution every single time'. It handles a variety of contentious and non-contentious matters for clients from a wide range of sectors, including retail, electrical appliances and manufacturing. Yves Bizollon, who is 'an excellent attorney, but most of all a brilliant business partner' secured a positive first instance ruling for Palladium in a registered design infringement claim brought before the Lyon high court by competitor SIB. Géraldine Arbant assists clothing company Petit Bateau with various matters, including conduction of availability searches on new collection trade marks and new clothes designs. Also recommended are Anne-Charlotte Le Bihan and associate Estelle Henry-Mayer.
Yves Bizollon; Anne-Charlotte Le Bihan; Géraldine Arbant
‘Business-oriented expert legal advice.‘
‘I am very impressed by Yves Bizollon, who is an excellent attorney, but most of all a brilliant business partner. Whenever my company’s intellectual property rights are at risk, I can have very open and honest discussions with Yves, which are extremely helpful to determine what’s the most adequate course of action for each of those cases. We have a tailor-made solution every single time -which has proven to be an infallible strategy. I’m also very appreciative of Yves’ team, and in particular of the work of Benoit Lafourcade: very diligent, and detailed oriented.‘
Groupe Candy Hoover
SEB – Groupe SEB France
Piasten / Lutti
Bjorg Bonneterre et Compagnie
Groupe Go Sport
- Successfully defended Candy Hoover against charges of unfair competition and parasitism brought by Dyson before the Commercial Court of Nanterre.
- Representing Palladium a in trade mark and registered design infringement claim against major wholesalers in France selling copies of the client’s shoes displaying similar marks.
- Successfully represented SEB in a design infringement and unfair competition case initiated against Euromenage and Fagor, resulting in the award of €140,000 worth of damages and an injunction which is preliminarily enforceable.
De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés's team inspires 'a high degree of confidence in the firm's trade mark expertise'. Both contentious and non-contentious matters, including trade mark portfolio management and advice on the launch of new products or new advertisement campaigns, are handled 'very collaboratively'. The team acts for noteworthy clients in a range of sectors, including DreamWorks Animation/NBC Universal and UEFA. Serge Lederman, who jointly heads the practice with Julien Horn, successfully defended Mango against a design infringement and unfair competition action filed by the French fashion house Celine. Other key names to note are Louis de Gaulle, Francine Le Péchon-Joubert and Sandra Strittmatter.
Julien Horn; Serge Lederman
‘There is a lot of depth in the team and I have found that the team members work very collaboratively. This results in effective communication and responsiveness. I have a high degree of confidence in the firm’s trade mark expertise, and appreciate their business sense. The attorneys consider the business needs of the client and provide practical advice, while providing the highest level of legal advice.‘
‘I work primarily with Francine le Péchon-Joubert, Céline Forthomme, and Estelle Poizat. I have worked occasionally with several other lawyers in the firm. I consider them all highly knowledgeable, strategic in their thinking, and practical in their advice. Their analysis of the issues handled is well-reasoned and presented clearly. I have had the opportunity to work on several high-level matters with Ms. le Péchon-Joubert that required strategic international decisions relating to potential trade mark disputes and am particularly impressed by her insight and ability to evaluate and explain different legal options and risks.‘
Château de Versailles
DreamWorks Animation/NBC Universal
GIP Paris 2024
Hill’s Pet Nutrition
Les Amis de Delâge
Monte Carlo – Société des Bains de Mer
National Football League
Palais des Thés
Yann Couvreur Pâtisserie
- Successfully defended Mango against a design infringement and unfair competition action filed by French fashion house Celine.
- Assist Château de Versailles with the administration, licensing and defence of its worldwide trade mark portfolio.
- Represented Château de Versailles in the context of a dispute related to the fraudulent registration of trade marks by an ex-licensee.
David Masson heads the intellectual property team at Dentons, which acts for an enviable roster of clients on contentious and non-contentious matters, focusing particularly on litigation. The firm's strong global footprint allows it to represent clients from sectors including fashion, electronics and telecoms before domestic and European courts. Other notable longstanding clients include Polaroid and Delta Airlines, which the team advises on trade mark enforcement matters. Senior counsel Isabelle Leroux successfully represented Peugeot Motocycles, as the claimant, in trade mark litigation against Delaunay Belleville.
- Assisted Ideat with the negotiation of its trade mark and copyright licence and distribution agreement with Gruner & Jahr to launch the magazine in Germany.
- Advising Polaroid on its branding, trade mark strategy, and enforcement of existing trade marks for the whole of Europe.
- Successfully represented Peugeot Motocycles, as the claimant, in trade mark litigation against Delaunay Belleville.
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I.'s large intellectual property team has a strong focus on contentious matters. Raphaëlle Dequiré-Portier is representing Abercrombie & Fitch in litigation in which the opposite party has challenged the validity of numerous of its trade marks for non-use. Jean-Hyacinthe de Mitry is 'a remarkable lawyer in the field of intellectual property'. Grégoire Triet is defending Valentino Couture in trade mark and copyright infringement litigation. On the non-contentious side, Emmanuel Larere is assisting Celine with the implementation of its worldwide intellectual property strategy following the arrival of Hedi Slimane as its new artistic director. Arnaud Michel is another key name to note.
Raphaëlle Dequiré-Portier; Emmanuel Larere; Arnaud Michel; Jean-Hyacinthe de Mitry; Grégoire Triet
‘They always win.‘
‘Strengths: knowing the ability of practice members to work as a team by grouping the different skills of each.‘
‘Able to work as a team on important cases and to combine the skills of each member of the practice. Very great professionalism. An international influence which facilitates the management of files. Jean-Hyacinthe de Mitry is a remarkable lawyer in the field of intellectual property.‘
- Represented Albea Service SAS, a leading company in the packaging industry, in a pre-contentious trade mark infringement case against its competitor Reboul.
- Representing Levi Strauss in a trade mark infringement case against two Spanish companies.
- Defending Valentino Couture in trade mark and copyright infringement litigation.
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
The 'very competent' team at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP is particularly recommended for its 'ample experience in representing e-commerce and internet companies in trade mark and designs cases'. Notable clients in these sectors include Google, Twitter and YouTube. The team deals with matters including advising on the availability and the risk associated with the use of specific signs to designate products, defending in trade mark infringement cases, and assisting with the reorganisation of a worldwide trade mark portfolio. Alexandra Neri is 'undoubtedly exceptional in her work' and 'very experienced with intellectual property cases, in particular for technology and internet companies'. Also key are associates Samira Anfi and Laure Cardinet, and of counsel Sébastien Proust.
‘HSF in general is a very professional practice, that deserves praise as a legal firm, in terms of hiring the brightest minds in law and helping them to achieve the professional goals. Their lawyers are very competent, communication is fast and to the point and their work is some of the best we have seen in the legal sphere. We deem ourselves very lucky to be able to work with HSF’s French IP team.‘
‘Alexandra Neri is undoubtedly exceptional in her work. She is highly intelligent, experienced, a hard worker and simultaneously has a broad view of the matter, but is also detail oriented. She is one of the most professional experts I have ever had the pleasure to work with, I can highly recommend her as a French IP lawyer! Her associate Samira Anfi is not only doing leg work, looking into case law, keeping track of the current situation, but is also contributing an integral part by doing time consuming research, drafting up documents and knows to separate the wheat from the chaff. Her work is very thorough and for her young age, she has a fantastic understanding of what solutions might be possible. Together they are most likely the best and most charming IP team in France!‘
‘Herbert Smith has ample experience in representing e-commerce and internet companies in trade mark and designs cases and is able to make litigation strategies for each client based on their business needs. Also, they are able to give many insights on how to reduce potential risks to clients.‘
‘Alexandra Neri is very experienced with intellectual property cases, in particular for technology and internet companies. She is able to give practical advice and suggestions to clients and has a very good sense of business.‘
Caviar et Conserves Kaspia
Huawei Technologies Company Ltd.
Hogan Lovells (Paris) LLP's 'large global footprint' allows it to provide 'superior client service' when assisting with cross-border litigation and advisory work. The 'excellent' team is advising a large number of wine regions around the world, alongside the European Commission and the French government, on the protection of regions across the globe and geographical indicators in the launch of the new .wine and .vin generic top-level domains. Clients come from diverse sectors, including technology, food and beverage, and luxury goods. Key names to note are David Taylor, Jane Seager, Marie-Aimée de Dampierre and Olivia Bernardeau-Paupe.
Marie Aimée de Dampierre; David Taylor; Jane Seager
‘Hogan Lovells’ large global footprint makes it an excellent firm to work with.‘
‘The Hogan Lovells team were excellent. I felt very confident in the legal advice they provided.‘
‘Superior client service, people are professional but friendly. Experts in their fields and about our business and level of risk.‘
‘Olivia Bernardeau-Paupe and Marie-Aimee de Dampierre are both experts, they understand our risk profile, our billing procedures, and take care of us as clients.‘
‘High expertise, pragmatic, solution driven.‘
- Assisting a client with the recuperation of domain names.
- Advising a large number of wine regions, alongside the European Commission and the French government, on the protection of regions across the globe and geographical indicators in the launch of the new .wine and .vin generic top-level domains.
HOYNG ROKH MONÉGIER
The intellectual property team at HOYNG ROKH MONÉGIER specialises in litigation, representing an enviable roster of clients from diverse sectors, including fashion (Chanel), cosmetics (Lancôme), food and beverages (Capri-Sun), and media (Canal+). The firm gained noteworthy new clients from the technology and commercial retail industries. Sophie Micallef, who jointly heads the practice with Denis Monégier du Sorbier and Marie Georges-Picot, successfully represented Bodum before the Paris Court of Appeal, which overturned a decision made by the Paris Court of First Instance validating the design protecting Pavina glass. Other contentious matters handled include representing clients in trade mark cancellation and parasitism action and defending clients in trade mark infringement cases. Associate Pierre Pérot is also recommended.
Denis Monégier du Sorbier; Sophie Micallef; Marie Georges-Picot
Consejo Regulador del Tequila (CRT)
La Cerise sur le Chapeau
UBS / La Maison
Yves Saint Laurent
- Successfully represented Bodum before the Paris Court of Appeal, which overturned a decision made by the Paris Court of First Instance validating the design protecting Pavina glass..
- Assisting Consejo Regulador del Tequila in ensuring that Heineken’s world-wide Desperados product complies with rules pertaining to Tequila.
- Successfully brought unfair competition and disparagement claims against the Savencia Group’s direct competitor by demonstrating that they copied the client’s cheese product, the Mini Caprice, and its packaging, to win over a call for tender.
The 'perfect, efficient, and reactive' team at Jones Day 'delivers more than promised'. The team proved its particularly strong grasp of the food and beverage sector in a matter in which it acted for a number of French administrative entities responsible for the protection of geographical indications in their claim against a cosmetics manufacturer and a Spa service provider selling products under a trade mark similar to a traditional mention used for prestigious wines. 'Brilliant' practice head Emmanuel Baud is 'really helpful in explaining the legal environment and constraints in a high level way which makes it easy to understand'.
‘JD’s IP practice just delivers results – we had to have an interim injunction against a planned IP infringement, and they just nailed down all aspects and delivered the results. They talk less, but deliver more than promised.‘
‘Emmanuel Baud is really helpful in explaining the legal environment and constraints in a high level way which makes it easy to understand to someone from another legal system. Edouard Fortunet is a really down to earth lawyer who is able to implement his exceptional knowledge in daily work and delivers results in the court.‘
‘The team is just perfect, efficient, and reactive with one of the highest levels among the IP French practices. I also really appreciate that they can be pragmatic when needed.‘
‘Emmanule Baud – brilliant. Philippe Marchiset- accurate. Edoaurd Fortunet – reliable.‘
‘The team is clearly very well integrated both within the JD Paris office and accross all JD offices. IP/IT team works a lot internally alongside Private Equity/Venture Capital team led by Partner Renaud Bonnet; IP/IT team is therefore used to working for start-up clients which is very valuable for a tech company like us (Deezer). The Paris IP/IT team coordinated a number of international projects on our behalf involving some other JD offices; all these projects were run in a very smooth manner showing great integration of offices globally.‘
‘Associate Edouard Fortunet is particularly appreciated from our service; technically very good, always available and shows great talent to build a relationship over the long term. Has a very client-driven approach and has the right skills to work for start-up clients, delivering technical and sophisticated advice while being able to be pragmatic and to-the-point when needed.‘
Conseil des Grands Crus Classés en 1855
Bolt Technology OU (formerly Taxify OU)
INAO – Institut National des Appellations d’Origine
Ipsen Pharma SAS
Jeff Koons and Jeff Koons LLC
Pierre Balmain SAS
- Acted for a number of French administrative entities responsible for the protection of geographical indications in a civil action pertaining to the unauthorised use of protected terms as trade marks.
- Successfully obtained the cancellation of Forest Pharma’s EU trade mark application for Ipsen Pharma.
- Obtained the cancellation of a decision from the French Trademark Office on behalf of Clarins.
Business litigation boutique Laude Esquier Champey's team provides a 'strong' service with a particular focus on trade mark infringement litigation. The firm represents clients across a wide variety of sectors, including food and beverage production (Danone), fashion (Christian Dior Couture) and telecoms (Cheetah Mobile). 'Very responsive' practice head Sophie Havard Duclos successfully represented Jack Daniel’s in a criminal action based on trade mark infringement against the operator of a website selling T-shirts reproducing or imitating Jack Daniel’s renowned design trade marks, securing a criminal fine of €10,000, the destruction of all disputed goods, and €5,000 worth of damages. Also noteworthy are associates Pauline Casanova and Sophie Genet.
Sophie Havard Duclos
‘The firm is strong in IP.‘
‘We work with Sophie Havard Duclos. Very responsive and achieved solid results for our client. Communicative as well, and pro-actively thinks of other solutions that may be of assistance. Would absolutely work with her again. Pauline Casanova was also of great help.‘
Christian Dior Couture
- Defending Danone in various trade mark infringement proceedings (before the Lille Court and the EUIPO) against Dagniaux.
- Successfully represented Jack Daniel’s in a criminal action based on trade mark infringement against the operator of a website selling T-shirts reproducing or imitating Jack Daniel’s renowned design trade marks.
- Successfully represented Cheetah Mobile in a judicial action based on the fraudulent filing of the trade mark Piano Tiles.
Allen & Overy LLP
The 'knowledgeable, practical, responsive and committed' team at Allen & Overy LLP is particularly valued for its 'creative approach in handling significant and complex matters'. The team is particularly notes for its expertise in the gaming industry, where it assists with 'a variety of unique IP matters in the media / entertainment arena'. Alexandre Rudoni is defending Fujifilm in cross-border trade mark and free riding litigation in relation to the white border square format used in photography. Associate Andrea Dufaure is also recommended for 'excellent legal skills'.
‘Very high legal skills and capability to react at short notice. Comprehensive and on-point opinions. Very good litigation skills. Very good English language skills.‘
‘Alexandre Rudoni (Partner), Andrea Dufaure (Associate) – both with excellent legal skills and very good English language skills. Very clear and transparent billing.‘
‘One of the best experts in the gaming industry.‘
‘Strong track record combined with a great ability to adjust to the size of the challenge.‘
‘Alexandre Rudoni knows perfectly the video games industry and has been of great help providing us with advice on how to protect our IP.‘
‘The team are invaluable advisors. The complex nature of our business requires not only sound legal advice but also a pragmatic business approach. The team routinely provides great practical insight and astute legal guidance in a holistic manner. Notably, they also bring a creative approach in handling significant and complex matters. Moreover, they are diligent in their approach and very responsive to our inquiries and have significant resources for handling high touch matters in France. We often go to them for a variety of unique IP matters in the media / entertainment arena. They proactively communicate about matters, help manage the docket judiciously and try to resolve issues expeditiously. Finally, they are receptive to our guidance and collaborative in their approach with us.‘
‘They are knowledgeable, practical, responsive and committed to a high level of performance that instills a level of confidence in their services. Their advice is always focused on a positive business outcome rather than legal abstractions.‘
‘I work primarily with Andrea Dufaure and Alexandre Rudoni. Both are a pleasure to work with and highly competent in their field of specialty. Their litigation advice and strategy is always client focused and forward looking, and they make it easy to trust in them.‘
‘Great reactivity, excellent understanding of our needs and clear, adjusted and very quick answers. Quotes are always balanced and justified. Returns are made on time. Compared to other firms with which we have been able to collaborate, Allen & Overy is much more reactive, punctual, efficient. No time wasted, the team has a clear vision and a great expertise whatever the territory concerned.‘
Imperial Brands & Fontem
Focus Home Interactive
- Representing Fujifilm in cross-border trade mark and free riding litigation in relation to the white border square format used in photography.
- Representing Wolters Kluwer in a trade mark infringement dispute against third-party publisher Info6tm before the Paris Court of First Instance.
- Acting for Café Joyeux in summary proceedings regarding the use of the term Joyeux in a procedure initiated by Biscuit Joyeux.
Altana acts for clients including Microsoft, Twitter and Amazon, and has recently gained new clients from the retail and food and beverage industries. The team provides 'personal attention' and 'excellent service'. Its workload includes representing clients in trade mark infringement litigation, assisting with trade mark portfolios, and drafting trade mark licence agreements. Frank Valentin, who heads the practice along with Jean-Guy Ruffray, Pierre Lubet and Armand Aviges, is 'a seasoned professional' who is 'very knowledgeable'. Associate Charlotte Hébert-Salomon has 'a keen eye for detail and knows intuitively what the client wants'. The other key contact is associate Cédric Meiller.
Armand Aviges; Pierre Lubet; Jean-Guy de Ruffray; Frank Valentin
‘Personal attention. Excellent service.‘
‘Frank Valentin is a seasoned professional and very knowledgeable. Charlotte Hébert-Salomon has a keen eye for detail and knows intuitively what the client wants.‘
Exacompta – Clairefontaine
Armengaud Guerlain fields an intellectual property team that frequently handles contentious matters for a range of clients from different sectors, with a focus on food and beverages, where it acts for Château Montrose and Shanghai Panati Wine. The team has successfully appealed a number of trade mark refusals by the Intellectual Property Office, for notable clients including L’Occitane and Birkenstock. Stéphane Guerlain, who heads the practice jointly with Catherine Mateu, is acting for 1906 Collins in initiating over seven trade mark cancellation actions in France and the EUIPO. Associate Axelle Collin is also recommended.
Stéphane Guerlain; Catherine Mateu
Castorama – Kingfisher
Andros – Bonne Maman
- Successfully appealed against the decision of the French IP Office to reject a trade mark application on behalf of L’Occitane.
- Represented Château Montrose, as the claimant, in trade mark invalidity, infringement and unfair competition actions.
- Defending Vibrac, a company dedicated to animal health, in a trade mark infringement action.
Boutique firm Bardehle Pagenberg fields 'a responsive, commercially astute, pragmatic‘ team made up of ‘great litigators‘. The practice provides assistance with the full spectrum of intellectual property matters, including portfolio management, trade mark enforcement, and litigation for clients including BMW and Springer Nature Group. 'Commercial and practical' practice head Rebecca Delorey 'gets to the point quickly and delivers very effective results'. 'Highly dedicated and client-focused' Axel Munier, who 'impresses with his outstanding communication', is handling various non-contentious and pre-contentious trade mark, design and unfair competition matters in France for H&M.
‘Rebecca Delorey is an outstanding partner to work with. She is French but she is purely an international lawyer with an international mindset that fits so well with an international corporation handling global issues: she is sharp and pragmatic in her advice, always business oriented, fantastic responsiveness. She is my go to person for all EU cases and complex litigation. She is an expert on regulated industry which make her advice always to the point and implementable!‘
‘Responsive, commercially astute, pragmatic.‘
‘Rebecca Delorey is excellent. She has great judgement, attention to detail and is readily available.‘
‘Best in class for IP.‘
‘Axel Munier’s ability and effectiveness is of a high level.‘
‘Axel Munier impresses with his outstanding communication. He is highly dedicated and client-focused. He leaves no stone unturned. All in all the most preferred choice.‘
‘Very experienced in IP law. Technically skilled in the law. Great litigators.‘
‘Julien Freneaux -great experience, very thorough and doesn’t leave anything to chance. Axel Munier -well acquainted with industry demands. Rebecca Delorey – solution oriented.‘
‘Highly knowledgeable, very practical and commercial. Very user friendly for Anglo Saxon lawyers, for whom navigating French IP law can be very difficult. Very cost effective too.‘
‘Rebecca Delorey – commercial and practical – she gets to the point quickly and delivers very effective results.‘
- Acted for Red.com in multiple trade mark opposition matters, including pre-contentious work and opposition proceedings before the Intellectual Property Office in France and the EUIPO .
- Advising Springer Nature Group on trade mark portfolio management and trade mark enforcement.
- Assisting BMW with multiple trade mark and design matters, including strategic advice, pre-contentious work and opposition proceedings before the Intellectual Property Office in France, as well as court proceedings in France and Europe.
The intellectual property team at BCTG Avocats is very active in the retail sector, advising clients from the fashion and luxury goods industries, including Nike and Converse. The team is 'quick to understand what the client needs and to take appropriate action'. Gaëlle Bloret-Pucci 'has great knowledge of trade mark law and litigation'; his workload includes representing clients in trade mark infringement litigation and negotiating the terms and conditions of a partnership agreement in which a trade mark will become a title sponsor and official partner.
‘Gaëlle Bloret-Pucci and her team are quick to understand what the client needs and to take appropriate action.‘
‘Gaëlle Bloret-Pucci is very accessible and has great knowledge of trade mark law and litigation.‘
Converse Inc. / ALL STAR C.V
STADA Arzneimittel AG / EG LABO
The team at Candé Blanchard Ducamp focuses exclusively on litigious intellectual property matters, and is recommended for 'excellent knowledge mixed with a rare ability to be very commercial'. The firm represents clients from a range of sectors, focusing especially on fashion, before both French and European courts. Claire Herissay-Ducamp is praised for her 'unparalleled knowledge, strong commercial understanding, valuable connections in the industry and relentless support'. Other key names to note are Patrice De Candé and Julien Blanchard, as well as associates Margaux Nègre-Carillon, Clarisse Tourneux and Anna Revidi.
Patrice de Candé; Julien Blanchard; Claire Herissay-Ducamp; Margaux Nègre-Carillon; Clarisse Tourneux; Anna Revidi
‘Excellent knowledge mixed with a rare ability to be very commercial and understanding that in the commercial world, tough decisions sometimes have to be made.‘
‘Claire Herissay-Ducamp is outstanding – unparalleled knowledge, strong commercial understanding, valuable connections in the industry and relentless support make her stand out from rivals.‘
CMS has expanded its practice in the area with the addition of new clients from a variety of industries including food and beverages (Royal Unibrew A/S), aviation (Luxair) and entertainment (Advance Publications). The team brings its sector specific knowledge to predominantly advisory matters. Anne-Laure Villedieu, who heads the 'precise and efficient' practice, led a team that advised Colgate-Palmolive on its €1.5bn acquisition of Laboratoires Filorga Cosmétiques, in a cross-border matter which benefited from the co-operation of team members from other practice areas. Sabine Rigaud and Florentin Sanson were promoted to counsel in May 2019. Also noteworthy is of counsel José Monteiro.
‘The team handling my case was precise and efficient.‘
- Advised Royal Unibrew A/S on its acquisition of 100% of Etablissements Geyer Freres and its subsidiary Lorina, in order to secure the client’s trade mark rights.
- Assisted SNCF Mobilités with the drafting and negotiation of the contractual framework, including intellectual property aspects, as part of the concession (transformation and operation) of the railway station Gare du Nord.
- Advised Colgate-Palmolive on its €1.5bn acquisition of Laboratoires Filorga Cosmétiques, including assisting with intellectual property aspects.
Dechert LLP 's strength lies in its utilisation of teams in different practice areas to provide comprehensive advice on intellectual property issues, particularly in matters involving acquisitions and strategic partnership formation. Marie Fillon jointly led a team that advised Astorg and its subsidiary Laboratoire HRA Pharma on the acquisition of all assets related to the Mederma brand. This cross-border matter involved assisting with transitional licence agreements, and conducting a thorough analysis of the use of all assigned trade marks since their respective filing dates, in order to cover the risk of revocation. Also recommended is associate Louis de Chezelles.
- Assisted Generali with the conclusion of a trade mark coexistence agreement as part of its negotiations with the shareholders of Sycomore Asset Management to acquire a majority stake in the company, and enter into a strategic partnership.
- Performed a specific financial valuation of the trade marks owned by one shareholder of NHCO Nutrition, as part of the client’s sale of 100% of its share capital to Chiesi.
- Assisted Band of Boats, a subsidiary of the Bénéteau Group, with the filing of trade mark applications in the name of the target company during the client’s acquisition of Digital Nautic.
The 'very good negotiators' at FTPA are sought out by clients from a range of industries, including software, fashion, pharmaceutical and cosmetics for intellectual property advice. The firm gained several new clients from the financial sector. Joint practice heads Antoine Gautier-Sauvignac and Boriana Guimberteau assist with a range of matters, including some cross-border matters both inside and outside Europe. Contentious matters include trade mark infringement litigation. Non-contentious matters include clearance of new brands and trade mark portfolio management.
Antoine Gautier-Sauvagnac; Boriana Guimberteau
‘Know the market very well in general, pragmatic approach and very good negotiators.‘
‘Antoine Gautier-Sauvagnac has a very strategic approach and way of thinking and is one of the best negotiators I have known. Boriana Guimberteau has a very good understanding of the needs of the industry and of businesses in general. Pragmatic and pleasant in addition.‘
Gowling WLG advises clients across an extremely broad range of sectors including cosmetics, textiles, distribution, new technologies, food and beverages, pharmaceutical, and financial services. The team frequently assists clients from the technology and life sciences sectors. Céline Bey, who heads the practice jointly with Philippe Rousseau, is representing Children Worldwide Fashion, the exclusive worldwide licence for luxury children’s clothing brands, in trade mark litigation before the Court of First Instance in Marseille.
Céline Bey; Philippe Rousseau
C.W.F Children Worldwide Fashion (C.W.F)
- Representing CWF, the exclusive worldwide licence for luxury children’s clothing brands, in trade mark litigation.
Schmidt Brunet Litzler
Schmidt Brunet Litzler fields 'a very business-oriented team with a very pragmatic vision' which provides 'very thorough and prompt service and advice'. It acts for clients from a wide range of sectors including luxury goods, pharmaceutical and media. Practice head Delphine Brunet-Stoclet, who 'comes up with outside the box solutions' represented the claimant, Dermatologic Skincare Solutions, in a dispute worth €600,000, which centred around unusual acts of counterfeiting relating to the client's trade mark. Also notable is senior associate Marie André-Nivet, who 'always takes the time to explain the different options'.
‘The team we work with is very efficient. We have built a partnership based on regular discussion about each topic. Appropriate advice, with alternatives and estimated budget, is always offered. Good knowledge of the procedures, worldwide network and reactivity.‘
‘We work mostly with Marie André-Nivet. Marie always takes the time to explain the different options and help us choose the most suitable.‘
‘Professional team. Responsive to client needs.‘
‘Give clear information. Pleasant to work with.‘
‘It’s a very business oriented team with a very pragmatic vision of our legal needs.‘
‘I am working mainly with one of the founders, Delphine Brunet-Stoclet, and I am very happy with her services. She is always available when necessary, she is very pragmatic and comes up with outside the box solutions. She has a very good understanding of our complex businesses and therefore her opinions and advice are always appropriate.‘
‘They are very knowledgeable and helpful, respond quickly to emails/questions. They are also very personable – am important factor. Since there are many good IP attorneys out there and I believe that that personal factor allows them to stand out!‘
‘Fast turnarounds. Lawyers accessible all the time. Commercially-oriented advice.‘
‘Very thorough and prompt service and advice.‘
‘Good and prompt response to matters. High IP knowledge and pragmatic approach to solving problems.‘
Morgan Motors Company
Vasgos – Oddo
Dermatologic Skincare Solutions
Concept Footwear Solutions
- Acted for Swarovski in a trade mark opposition procedure, resulting in the withdrawal of the whole trade mark application.
- Represented Dermatologic Skincare Solutions, as the claimant, in a trade mark infringement and unfair competition proceeding.
- Advising CMI media group on negotiating and drafting a coexistence agreement relating to the trade mark Femina.
The large team at Simmons & Simmons handles litigation and advisory matters, and has notable strength assisting with intellectual property aspects during and post-mergers. Demonstrating the firm's specialism in the life sciences sector, a team led by Sarah Bailey assisted Laboratoire Cooper with its acquisition of both the Dacryum and Dacryoserum, including assigning the related trade marks, reviewing the assignor’s trade marks portfolio, and reviewing the agreement, in a cross-border deal worth €1.3m. Marina Cousté is representing Château Lafite Rothschild, one of the most prestigious vineyards in the world, in trade mark infringement litigation against Ibizvin. Also recommended are Romain Viret and Frédérique Potin, both of counsel, and associate Sarah Madi.
Sarah Bailey; Marina Cousté
Château Lafite Rothschild
Ultimate Software Group Inc
- Carried out a comprehensive trade mark filing programme for Ultimate Software Group.
- Representing Chateau Lafite Rothschild, one of the most prestigious vineyards in the world, in trade mark infringement litigation against Ibizvin.
- Assisted Laboratoire Cooper with its acquisition of both Dacryum and Dacryoserum, including assigning the related trade marks, reviewing the assignor’s trade marks portfolio, and reviewing the agreement.
The intellectual property team at Arenaire is 'composed of young, serious and very motivated professionals', who 'thoroughly discuss together each aspect of the case, mix their expertise and share strategy and decisions'. The firm has taken on a breadth of new clients across the pharmaceutical, fashion and automotive industries. The team acts on a full range of advisory and litigious matters for clients including Pernod Ricard and Technicolor. Pierre Massot 'gives a clear and objective picture of the case and explains the practical risks for the business' and provides 'full and prompt assistance'. Thibault Lentini, with whom he jointly heads the practice, is another key name to note, as is associate Louis Louembe.
Pierre Massot; Thibault Lentini
‘Arenaire’s team is composed of young, serious and very motivated professionals. While working with them, you get the feeling that they thoroughly discuss together each aspect of the case, mix their expertise and share strategy and decisions. They are very well-organised and strict on deadlines and offer you continuous assistance keeping you constantly updated on the case.‘
‘The founder partner Pierre Massot has been assisting a client of our firm in a very difficult case of design and copyright infringement and unfair competition in France. He has a great capability of listening and understanding the needs and objectives of the client. He gives a clear and objective picture of the case and explains the practical risks for the business. He has a great expertise in IP matters, is proactive and professional and offers you full and prompt assistance.‘
‘This is an excellent team, specialising in designs, copyright and trade mark. They know what they are talking about. The partner Pierre Massot is fully involved in his matters and very reactive.‘
‘I work with Pierre Massot. This is my go-to person when I have a question concerning designs, copyright or trade marks in France. I appreciate his reactivity, even over the weekend and late at night. He will also be there, answer and take appropriate action when you need him.‘
‘Very highly experienced but with an entrepreneurial spirit.‘
‘Thibault Lentini always gives us balanced, reasoned and pragmatic advice.‘
‘Arenaire knows perfectly how to adapt to our problems and above all to adapt to our constraints, particularly in terms of deadlines which are very brief but also to our business constraints linked to the sector in which we operate. The team is dynamic, made up of varied profiles, the personalities clearly enriching the processing of cases. The team is a partner of our company in some ways, in addition to being a service provider. This allows cases to be handled successfully.‘
‘Beyond the undeniable professional qualities and a perfect mastery of the rules of law, the people who make up the firm have this rare intelligence to understand the problems that we face. In addition, the ease of exchange as well as the availability contribute to our common success on a great many cases.‘
MAISONS DU MONDE
LINA GHOTMEH ARCHITECTURE
MUMM MARTELL PERRIER JOUET
- Representing Pernod Ricard in cases of trade mark revocation or invalidity.
- Regularly acting for Technicolor on trade mark defence.
- Represented claimant Maison du Monde in a design infringement and parasitic competition case before the Paris Court of Appeal.
August Debouzy is particularly valued for handling the intellectual property aspects of M&A transactions. The team drafted trade mark assignments and coexistence trade mark agreements for clients Dassault Aviation and Dasautel to assist them with acquisitions. Grégoire Desrousseaux and Véronique Dahan head a team that advises clients from a range of sectors, with a particular focus on technology. The client list is strengthened by noteworthy new additions, including Airbus and Vestiaire Collective. In contentious matters, the firm is representing claimant Trillium SA in trade mark infringement proceedings against Immomarkets.
Grégoire Desrousseaux; Véronique Dahan
B. BRAUN MEDICAL
- Drafted trade mark assignments and coexistence trade mark agreements for Dassault Aviation to assist with its acquisition of Execujet.
- Assisting Voodoo with all aspects linked to the protection and strategy of its brands and trade marks in France and the European Union.
- Representing claimant Trillium SA in trade mark infringement proceedings against Immomarkets.
The 'very strong' team at boutique firm Benoliel Avocats is made up of 'excellent legal experts'. The team acts for clients from sectors including entertainment, retail and cosmetics, providing 'pertinent advice that is also business oriented'. It handles trade mark infringement litigation and trade mark protection. Practice head Sylvie Benoliel-Claux represented Etablissements Gabriel Boudier before the EU Court of Justice concerning a preliminary ruling regarding alleged trade mark infringement on the part of the client.
‘Benoliel Avocats are excellent legal experts. They are serious, rigorous and persistent.‘
‘Sylvie Benoliel-Claux has a genuine talent for pleading.‘
‘This firm is fully dedicated to its clients and has in-depth expertise of IP litigation.‘
‘Sylvie Benoliel-Claux is not only an outstanding practitioner, she has personal qualities which make working with her a real pleasure.‘
‘Very strong team for IP matters particularly for Design Patent. Competent, quick to respond, dedicated, average price.‘
‘Everyone takes the time to listen to you and respond adequately to your problem. Sylvie Benoliel-Claux and Anne-Sophie Leroy are both truly dedicated to your case as if you were their only client. They give pertinent advice that is also business oriented. They have a wide knowledge on design matters.‘
‘Small set up that offers the same levels of expertise and service levels as large international firms, combined with direct partner availability and flexibility, and reasonable rates expected from a boutique.‘
‘Very available team.‘
‘Listen carefully and give real advice adapted to the structure of our firm. Very good reactivity.‘
ETABLISSEMENTS GABRIEL BOUDIER
GROUPE FUNECAP TOPCO
LOLA JAMES HARPER
- Represented Etablissements Gabriel Boudier before the EU Court of Justice for a preliminary ruling regarding alleged trade mark infringement on the part of the client.
- Defended TF1 against a trade mark infringement claim before the Paris Court of First Instance.
The team at DLA Piper advises a roster of noteworthy clients, including Nintendo, Coca-Cola and McDonald's, along with new addition Sodexo. Karine Disdier-Mikus assists clients in the food and beverage, retail and luxury, and hospitality and leisure sectors with a range of non-contentious matters including worldwide trade mark portfolio management and the intellectual property aspects of acquisitions. The City of Deauville appointed the firm as its exclusive adviser on its new trade mark licensing programme, and on any trade mark issues the client may face.
ATR (a subsidiary of airbus)
HOTEL GEORGE V
EPO Fashion Group (MO&CO)
City of Deauville
- Appointed as the exclusive adviser of Deauville city on its new trade mark licensing programme, as well as advising on any trade mark issues they may face.
- Advise ATR (Avions de Transport Regional) on its worldwide trade mark portfolios.
- Assisting Hotel George V with its trade mark and branding issues, in particular with developing branding strategies and with international trade mark enforcement actions.
Féral-Schuhl/Sainte-Marie's intellectual property team caters to clients from a diverse range of sectors, including luxury goods, marketing, retail and fashion. Richard Willemant is representing a major media player in multiple trade mark infringement cases, as well as leading on non-contentious matters including advising on trade mark rights in the context of an acquisition and assisting with trade mark protection strategy. Other key names to note are Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie, Christiane Féral-Schuhl and Olivier de Courcel.
Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie; Christiane Féral-Schuhl; Richard Willemant; Olivier de Courcel
‘Féral-Schuhl/Sainte-Marie is distinguished by its great agility and excellence in intellectual property, in all areas of practice and in all sectors of activity. On-the-ball in connection with technologies (the other speciality of the firm) or when the business has an international dimension. It is a small firm in size (niche firm) but a large team (15 people including lawyers and assistants) compared to the IP teams of large Parisian firms. The other unique feature of the firm is that it has a strong intellectual property consultancy activity (including trade mark deposits, models, copyright), as well as being recognised in litigation. They are litigation lawyers above all, but very good advice on protection strategies, including internationally.‘
‘Richard Willemant – I especially appreciate his responsiveness and his excellent knowledge of IP, including on the complex points in civil and criminal proceedings. Richard is always at the forefront of current affairs and case law, and on the lookout for new strategies, which is not always the case with the competition. As a client or co-advisor, I feel particularly confident and well guided in the strategic choices and when it is necessary to react urgently. I also worked with Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie and Christiane Féral-Schuhl, the two founders of the firm who chose Richard Willemant as their successor. Their reputation and excellence no longer require proof.‘
‘The strengths and skills of the team with whom we collaborate remain undeniably Intellectual Property and Technology Law.‘
‘I particularly recommend Richard Willemant, who is particularly comfortable in the fields of technology and intellectual property.‘
The team at Harlay Avocats handles a wide range of intellectual property matters, including non-contentious matters involving conducting trade mark clearance searches, negotiating coexistence and transactional trade mark agreements, and assisting with trade mark valuation. The majority of the firm's clients come from the hi-tech, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, although the team also assists noteworthy clients from other sectors, including Airbnb and Sete, the company in charge of operating the Eiffel tower. Sabine Lipovetsky, Fabrice Perbost and Dominique Mallo jointly head the practice.
Sabine Lipovetsky; Fabrice Perbost; Dominique Mallo
Airbnb, Inc. and Airbnb France SARL
SOCIÉTÉ D’EXPLOITATION DE LA TOUR EIFFEL (SETE)
Hoffman's team is active in domestic and international matters in the space. It handles work for clients from a range of industries, with a particular focus on the fashion sector, where it advises on issues including design and trade mark infringement. Emmanuelle Hoffman, who heads the practice jointly with Ingrid Zafrani and Pierre Hoffman, acted for Domaine Château Tour-Fourthon appealed a decision reached by Inpi before the Paris Court of Appeal concerning an opposition filed by a French company on the basis of its earlier French trade mark.
Emmanuelle Hoffman; Ingrid Zafrani; Pierre Hoffman
MAISON CHATEAU ROUGE
L et M “BOMBERS”
- Successfully defended Simco Cash before the Paris Court of Appeal in unfair competition practice litigation due to its use of the trade mark Laguiole.
- Represented Royal Tapisserie in a trade mark infringement proceeding it initiated against New See.
- Successfully defended Calypso in a design infringement case in a decision confirmed by the Court of Appeal.
Kern & Weyl
Boutique firm Kern & Weyl's size allows for 'personal and detailed attention to individual cases'. The 'extremely responsive and creative' team focuses particularly on clients from the fashion sector, including Desigual, which it is representing in several pending design and copyright litigations. 'Tough litigator' Tania Kern leads on a variety of contentious and non-contentious matters, including trade mark portfolio management. 'Creative' attorney Giulia Cortesi is also recommended for 'always looking for the most appropriate solution for each specific case'.
‘All partners have strong and successful experience in previous very well known firms, they provide tailored services at very competitive prices.‘
‘Tania Kern is a tough litigator.‘
‘The firm has both a strong academic preparation and a great care of the practical issues especially concerning design, copyright and trade mark issues. Kern & Weyl is a boutique firm and this quality allows personal and detailed attention to individual cases.‘
‘Extremely responsive and creative, cost effective, available.‘
‘Giulia Cortesi is a very creative attorney, always looking for the most appropriate solution for each specific case.‘
- Representing Desigual in several pending design and copyright litigations.
- Successfully pleading before the Court of Justice in Luxembourg to in case C-622/18 to defend the rights of trade mark owners during the first five year period after registration.
The team at Meridian deals 'fairly, appropriately and quickly' with intellectual property matters. The firm focuses particularly on litigation for clients from the fashion and cosmetics sectors and has 'very good understanding of practical issues alongside legal or judicial issues'. Vincent Vilchien provides 'effective and specific legal security, delivered in a professional context'. Julien Canlorbe provides 'excellent case strategy' and takes the lead on a variety of matters including trade mark infringement litigation, and trade mark coexistence agreement negotiation.
Julien Canlorbe; Vincent Vilchien
‘Responsiveness is one of the keys to success and Meridian demonstrates this ability on all the subjects on which we have been asking them. They are above all concerned by my needs and are able to anticipate them. Their curiosity has made them understand the main aspects of our operations and they are therefore able to respond fairly, appropriately and quickly to the problems we can pose to them.‘
‘I have been working with Xavier Desnos and Vincent Vilchien for more than ten years and their empathy combined with their professionalism makes me totally confident in their advice and in the actions they may have to implement on behalf of our law firm. We need effective and specific legal security, delivered in a professional context where the quality/price ratio is obviously important but where the quality of human relationship is essential. It is this chemistry that we found with Meridian’s lawyers.‘
‘Very good understanding of practical issues alongside legal or judicial issues. The strategy developed anticipates legal and regulatory developments.‘
‘Julien Canlorbe shows great listening skills and an excellent case strategy, he is very pedagogic in the explanations given on procedural matters, and makes the presentation of legal issues accessible.‘
Osborne Clarke is involved in a wide variety of litigious and advisory intellectual property matters, for longstanding noteworthy clients including Wirecard Card Solutions and Esprit Europe Services. The firm continues to expand its area of expertise, acquiring new clients in the e-transport and hotel sectors. Claire Bouchenard is acting for Européenne d’Hotellerie in a trade mark dispute following opposition from Light Human Hotel regarding trade mark filing and use of the sign Human Hotels. Other key names to note are Xavier Pican and Béatrice Delmas-Linel.
Claire Bouchenard; Xavier Pican; Béatrice Delmas-Linel
WIRECARD CARD SOLUTIONS LIMITED
PALAIS DES THES
Européenne d’Hotellerie (The Originals Human Hotels & Resorts)
ESPRIT EUROPE SERVICES GmbH
FILATURES DU LION
BOLT MOBILITY Corp. & B MOBILITY FRANCE
JOM Car Parts & Car Hifi GmbH
- Defending Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd in a trade mark dispute brought against it by Groupement des cartes bancaires.
- Advising Filatures du Lion on the protection of its worldwide trade mark portfolio, including assisting with coexistence issues with a major US company with a similar brand.
- Acting for Schuhmarketing in a pre-litigation against French company AJS SAS by filing a cancellation action with the EUIPO for an EU design registered by AJS SAS.
The 'pragmatic and extremely clear legal practitioners' at boutique firm Osmose provide day-to-day assistance with intellectual property matters to a large roster of longstanding clients including Coca-Cola, Sony Interactive Entertainment France and Cité de la musique – Philharmonie de Paris. The firm is commended for 'excellent analysis work and reactivity'. Alexandra Le Corroncq is 'highly clear and pragmatic in her approach and defence of complex IP litigation'. Alexis Vichnievsky assists Takasago Europe Perfumery with the negotiation of an agreement regarding intellectual property with the perfumers. Antoine Gendreau is also recommended.
Alexandra Le Corroncq; Alexis Vichnievsky
‘Specialized French Boutique. Osmose in Paris combines services of lawyers in IP/IT laws and competition/consumption laws as well. That’s a real service for the client to receive advice on a complete chain of legal matters from the creation of the product until the distribution of it. Excellent analysis work and reactivity.‘
‘Pragmatic and extremely clear legal practitioners.‘
‘Alexandra Le Corroncq is highly clear and pragmatic in her approach and defence of complex IP litigation.‘
Coca-Coca European Partners
Sony Interactive Entertainment France (Playstation)
Saupiquet (Bolton Food)
Takasago Europe Perfumery Laboratory
Cité de la musique – Philharmonie de Paris
- Manage the trade mark portfolio for Coca-Cola European Partners.
- Representing the claimant Picard Surgeles in trade mark infringement litigation.
- Advising Sony Interactive Entertainment France on the negotiation of partnership agreements allowing the parties to use the partner’s IP rights, particularly trade marks.
PASSA VARET Avocats
The intellectual property team at PASSA VARET Avocats handles a considerable amount of work for clients in the luxury goods space, including fashion, wine and cosmetics. The firm advises on non-contentious matters including drafting and negotiating trade mark agreements, as well as providing legal opinions to clients regarding possible litigation and assisting with pre-litigation matters. On the contentious side, the team represents clients from a variety of sectors in trade mark infringement cases. The practice is jointly headed by Vincent Varet and Jérôme Passa, with support from associate Camille Bertin.
Vincent Varet; Jérôme Passa
Pinsent Masons LLP
Pinsent Masons LLP's team has a particular focus the life sciences, retail, food and beverage, and TMT sectors. The team assists with the full spectrum of intellectual property matters, both advisory and litigious, including trade mark registration, advising on trade mark protection strategy, and trade mark portfolio management. Practice head Emmanuel Gougé is defending Griesson de Beukelaer against a trade mark infringement and parasitic business practice challenge brought by Générale Biscuit Glico France and Mondelēz before the French Supreme Court. Other key names at the practice are associates Léonore Isnard and Virginia de Freitas.
- Defending Griesson de Beukelaer against a three dimensional trade mark infringement and parasite action.
The team at Taylor Wessing brings its 'great business understanding' to a wide range of contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters. Clients from a diverse range of industries, including financial services (Square), media (Fox Channels) and transportation (American Airlines) benefit from the team's standards of 'high professionalism'. Practice head Marc Schuler represents clients Orange and Tech Data in separate trade mark infringement action, as defendant and claimant, respectively. The team is also assisting RATP (Paris Metro Operator) with a pre-litigation matter relating to the exit conditions from a development project with G7 (the largest French cab company) and the consequences for the trade mark Netro.
‘High experience; great business understanding; high professionalism.‘
- Defending Orange in a lawsuit initiated by Intel Corporation on the grounds of trade mark infringement.
- Assisted Airbus group with the definition of its trade mark protection and licensing policies.
- Managing Banijay Group’s trade mark portfolio.
‘Responsive, uncomplicated, experienced and hands-on boutique firm that I use for any kind of IP advice in France, especially for IP litigation. ‘
‘Benjamin May is my contact at Aramis. He is a seasoned IP lawyer and litigator. He is responsive and finds practical hands-on solutions for any IP related problems.‘
Spie Industry &Tertiaire
Maison des Fleurs
National Fitness Campaign
Manzanita Capital UK
Unique Héritage Média
- Acting for Verweij Fashion, a textile company, in a pan-EU cross-border dispute regarding revocation for non-use actions against several trade marks of the Hong-Kong based group Giordano companies.
- Representing Lidl France in a cross-border trade mark infringement and unfair competition action initiated by Lindt Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprungli relating to several trade marks including its 3D trade mark for a gold chocolate rabbit, which were subject to ECJ decisions.
- Acting for Spie Industrie et Tertiaire, a company specialising in the design and construction of technical installations in the food industry, in a dispute against a competitor for know-how misappropriation and database infringement.
Other key lawyers:
Rodolphe Boissau; Marion Faupin; Emeline Cuchot
‘aTurquoise is a firm on which you can rely for expertise and best practices. Anne-Marie Pecoraro and her team are close to clients, flexible and responsive, and valuable partners of the company, supportive with higher level of expertise. They are first experts in the field of copyright, media and entertainment. They work for Hollywood studios (many productions) as well as for television channels such as Discovery. They work for many advertising agencies, advertisers, new forms of advertising (influencers, digital marketing etc). Also the sports world. (Protection of programmes and various interventions for television channels and radios (including the management of rights and licences), neighbouring rights and protection of all IP rights and events as well as advice to game publishers; advice to platforms, various advice to provide a legal framework for the spectacular dimension of sports events, protection of rights.‘
‘Enthusiastic team that is willing to take a strong lead in guiding and educating the licensing industry members.‘
‘Prompt answers, fluent project management and conducting the case with a high professional integrity.‘
‘The team can cover all types of trademark work from management of portfolios to litigation.‘
‘Anne-Marie Pecoraro is an excellent Lawyer and negociator. Rodolphe Boissau, Marion Faupin, Emeline Cuchot form a 100% trustworthy, creative, as well as technical team. They provide excellent support and advice for the company’s strategy, for national and international problems. I do not hesitate to refer clients to them and recommend them. Excellent negociators as well as litigators.‘
‘Anne-Marie Pecoraro is an excellent lawyer, with a special ability to communicate solutions in a very knowledgeable, intelligible and friendly manner.‘
‘The name partner I worked with combines experience, technicality and know-how and adapted to my very specific request.‘
Fondation ELYX @Elyxyak
mas de so
- Acting for Gustavo Lins on the protection of his brand against counterfeiters, and against fashion houses which may copy his trade marks, logo and brands.
- Advised Gour Medical on the protection of its interests and of its intellectual property rights, particularly regarding the implementation of its new project around therapeutic cannabis.
- Advising Luc Bellier on transactions and contracts in relation to works of art, and for any questions concerning art law and intellectual property rights.
‘All the members of the team are good and proactive. They follow up on our matters with great efficiency and they interact a lot with us which is very appreciated. Our main contact is Vanessa Bouchara, who we have worked with for more than 10 years. She is effective, a fantastic lawyer with a very good and efficient knowledge of fashion. She leaves nothing to chance and we regularly obtain great decisions for the IP matters she handles for us, either in France or abroad.‘
‘They are responsive, knowledgeable, and efficient. Very good with clients and good at strategy on trademark issues.‘
‘Vanessa Bouchara is strategic and very smart. Her associates are efficient with great English language skills.‘
BA & SH
Paul & Joe
La Francais des Jeux
Les Deux Magots
- Acting for Maneki and Fiso in claims brought against Groupe Chrono Import relating to design infringement, copyright infringement, unfair competition and parasitism.
- Acted for La Francaise des Jeux before the Paris Court of Appeal in a claim relating to its Loto trade mark.
- Acting for Kidiliz Group in a trade mark infringement claim against Sonat relating to the client’s Chipie trade mark.
Asia Broadcast Satellite (ABS)
The North Face
- Acting for The North Face in a dispute against a French company (Shoes 10) relating to a US dispute initiated by the client in connection with a trade mark infringement against 1010 domain names.
- Acting for Timberland Group in all its litigation, especially those related to distribution and IP matters.
- Assisting Totes Isotoner with various IP matters.
Sartore & Compagnie
Société protectrice des animaux
Go On Media
- Represented Normalu in its action against Ersa Deco for trade mark infringement.
- Defended Gas Bijoux in an action initiated by Sir Christophe Tissot and the company Les Ateliers Du Lion Bleu for copyright counterfeiting, unfair competition and parasitism.
- Represented Les Graphiquants in an action for copyright counterfeiting.
Nathalie Hadjadj-Cazier, Franck Veisse
‘On trade mark questions and litigation we have had great experience over several years with this firm. They are knowledgeable, efficient, and have a deep bench. Also quite responsive.‘
‘Nathalie Hadjadj-Cazier is the top partner we use. She is bright, strategic, and personable. Her top associate, Morgane Simon is a wonderful resource too.‘
Champagne Billecart Salmon
Petits Frères des Pauvres – International Federation of Little Brothers of the Poor (Pro Bono work)
Pressimmo On Line
Tricotage des Vosges
Wolf Lingerie SA
- Advising SeLoger on various trade mark and design related issues
- Management of trade mark and design portfolios for Tricotage des Vosges.
- Representing Publicis in a Syreli procedure.
Richard Milchior, Anne Cousin
- Advising on the creation and implementation of a worldwide brand strategy for Bone 3D.
- Acting for Business insider in a trade mark opposition claim against a company in the field of information distributed through the internet.
Disney / Lucasfilm
- Handling anti-piracy and customs work, trade mark and copyright infringement issues; litigation and enforcement proceedings, and civil and criminal IP litigation for Warner Bros, DC Comics, the Cartoon Networks, Turner and Hanna Barbera.
- Acting for CoorsTek Medical in trade mark infringement and cancellation litigation in France, Germany and the US relating to a colour mark.
- Advising Ecobank on its international trade mark filing strategy and EU trademark prosecution issues.
Hui Cheng Law Office
K&L Gates LLP
Étienne Drouard, Claude-Étienne Armingaud
Hyundai Motor Company
Nous – Concept Store
- Assisted POC Sports with identifying and destroying counterfeit products seized by Belgian customs and implementing a successful process of customs enforcement of trade marks and intellectual property rights.
- Representing Nous Concept in the defence of its trade marks in the context of litigation and subsequent trade mark fillings.
- Assisting Jessy Séminor, a French start-up specialising in interior design, with various aspects pertaining to the development of its activities and the protection of its intangible assets and goodwill.
Laurent Badiane, Matthieu Bourgeois
Anne Bourdu, Gaëlle Leroy, Pierre-Lucas Thirion
‘In addition to reactivity and availability, Lext avocat aims at finding a strategy adapted to the client’s needs and resources. The team is very creative in its analysesr.‘
‘Anne Bourdu is in charge of the IP and her natural empathy enhances exchanges and both the comprehension of the client’needs and comprehension by the client of the case.‘
Caisse des dépôts et Consignations (CDC)
Brough Superior Motorcycle
- Assisting SIKA with its global trade mark strategy and acting in IP litigation.
- Advised the Banque des Territoires, the Programme d’Investissements d’Avenir “Ville de demain” and the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations on their investment in Flyview Paris, which provides an innovative tourist experience focusing on exploring Paris using virtual reality.
- Assisting Brough Superior Motorcycles with its trade mark strategy.
Clara Steinitz, Jean-Frédéric Gaultier
‘The team is immensely knowledgeable and efficient.‘
‘Clara Steinitz always finds pragmatic solutions and understands her clients’ needs.’
‘Small but highly efficient practice that punches above its weight, and is part of the broader excellent Taliens group.‘
‘JF Gaultier is very responsive and clear in his communication.‘
‘The quality is due to the very high level of technical skills of the team. In addition, their approach takes into account the specificity of the business lines. They are solution-oriented.‘
‘Each member of the team is friendly, and pro-active. They know how to make themselves available quickly. Their legal knowledge is very specialised. ‘
Banque de Neuflize
Fruit of the Loom
Burger King France
- Advising L’Oréal on IP matters (trade marks and copyright) in relation to its acquisition of the Lois Azzaro and Thierry Mugler perfume businesses.
- Representing TCL in two nullity actions before the EUIPO against Samsung.
- Representing Sky in a trade mark nullity action before the Paris court against Chinese TV set manufacturer Skyworth.
Elisabeth Logeais, Corinne Khayat, Jean François Canat
Consorts Giacometti / Berthoud
Jean Paul Gaultier
Crédit Agricole Immobilier
Anne Frank Fonds
- Assisting Consorts Giacometti/Berthoud with issues relating to the sale of Diego Giacometti’s fakes by several Parisian art galleries including civil actions for copyright infringement, which are pending before the Paris courts.
- Advising Jean Paul Gaultier on all IP and contractual issues, including litigation.
- Advising Crédit Agricole Immobilier on various areas of law including IP issues.