Commercial, corporate and M&A in Czech Republic
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy has strength in handling big-ticket corporate mandates and is praised for its 'experienced and versatile approach to deals'. Led by Prokop Verner, the team has expertise in domestic and cross-border matters, facilitated by its broad European network of offices, including in Bratislava, London and Paris. Associates Jakub Cech and Jana Chwaszcz are recommended for M&A. Petra Mysakova brings financial expertise to the practice.
‘Petra Mysáková has an excellent commercial understanding of various aspects of financing transactions and outstanding knowledge of the cross-border aspects of financing. An excellent speaker and always accessible.‘
‘Prokop Verner is very calm, intelligent and friendly. He is fully committed to matters.’
‘Jana Chwaszcz is dedicated, responsive and a pleasure to work with.‘
Howden ČKD Compressors s.r.o. (Colfax Corporation)
Colfax Corporation’s subsidiary ESAB
EnBW Energie Baden- Württemberg
MTG Broadcasting AB
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (Europe) Limited
Škoda Auto DigiLab
Home Credit Group
Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited
Axcel Management A/S
Fagron B.V. (Arseus)
Všeobecná úvěrová banka a.s.
- Advised Aegon on the divestment of its insurance businesses in the Czech Republic and Slovakia for €155m to NN Group.
- Advised MTG Broadcasting on its €185m disposal of its 95% shareholding in Nova Broadcasting Group in Bulgaria to Advance Media Group.
- Advised Home Credit on a reverse takeover transaction involving Moneta Money Bank’s acquisition of the client’s Czech and Slovak operations and its retail challenger Air Bank for €767m.
Baker & McKenzie s.r.o., advokátní kancelář is described as 'a first-class law firm with remarkable deal experience' and is noted for its ability to undertake high-value, cross-border M&A transactions and restructuring for corporate clients. Led by Tomáš Skoumal and Alexandr César, the team has sector strength in energy and gas, pharmaceuticals and automotive. The practice is made up of Pavel Fekar, who specialises in the tax aspects of transactions, associate Petra Jilgová-Benešová and Milena Hoffmanová, who heads the healthcare and life sciences group.
Tomáš Skoumal; Alexandr César
‘Tomas Skoumal is a pragmatic, strong negotiator with extremely broad experience. Always available and very pleasant to work with.’
‘Alexandr Cesar is a business-minded and solutions-oriented lawyer with strategic thinking.’
‘Petra Jilgova is a very practical, friendly and commercially minded lawyer.’
Energetický a Průmyslový Holding (EPH) / EP Infrastructure (EPIF)
Nord Anglia Education
KSM Investment / Kofola
Illinois Tool Works
Československá obchodní banka (ČSOB)
Apax Partners / Unilabs
THQ Nordic / Koch Media
Brookfield Capital Partners
Laird Technologies Inc.
Moulins de Kleinbettingen S.A.
ERB bank, a.s.
Tesla International B.V.
PepsiCo / Frito-Lay Trading Company GmbH
Tele Pizza S.A.
Pegas Nonwovens a.s.
- Advised THQ Nordic, a major Swedish gaming company, on its acquisition of Prague-based Warhorse Studios, a leading independent game developer.
- Advising Brookfield Capital Partners regarding the acquisition of the Power Solutions business of Johnson Controls International plc.
- Continuing to advise on the liquidation of ERB bank and its entire banking operation following the withdrawal of its banking licence by the Czech national regulator.
Clifford Chance continues to act on high-value, multi-jurisdictional corporate mandates, advising clients across a range of sectors, including energy, finance, and pharmaceuticals. Alex Cook leads the practice alongside M&A expert David Koláček. Counsel Michal Jašek is experienced in handling English law matters and senior associate Stanislav Holec is a key member of the office's Slovak desk.
Alex Cook; David Koláček
Penta Investments and Fortuna Entertainment Group
Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited
Energetický a průmyslový holding, a.s.
AutoCont Holding a.s.
Swiss Life AG
Arx Equity Partners
M.L. Moran, a.s.
- Advised Swiss Life on the acquisition of Fincentrum, a leading Czech financial advisory consultancy company.
- Advised R2G on the acquisition of the InterContinental Prague hotel from J&T.
- Advising KKCG Investments in connection with the acquisition and related financing of a majority stake in AutoCont Group, the largest supplier of information and communication technologies in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
CMS has strong transactional expertise, acting on high-value acquisition mandates for a variety of clients, mostly in the pharmaceutical sector. Prague office managing partner Helen Rodwell leads the team along with Lukáš Janíček and counsel Patrik Przyhoda, who heads the project and energy group. Senior associate Frances Gerrard is recommended for her expertise in cross-border transactions across the CEE region and for advising on commercial matters.
Helen Rodwell; Lukáš Janíček; Patrik Przyhoda
Mid Europa Partners
Erste Banking Group
- Advised Československá obchodní banka (ČSOB), the Czech division of KBC Group, on the acquisition of a 45% stake in the Czech building savings bank Českomoravská stavební spořitelna from Bausparkasse Schwäbisch Hall.
- Advised Advent International on the €1.9bn acquisition of Zentiva, part of the Sanofi Group, which is a market leader on the European generics market and headquartered in the Czech Republic.
- Advised Liberty Global, the world’s largest international cable business, on the Czech, Hungarian and Romanian aspects of Vodafone’s acquisition of the client’s European assets.
Kinstellar is highlighted for its 'pragmatic, practical and very responsive approach' and is singled out for its handling of big-ticket international and domestic corporate transactions. Led by Lukáš Ševčík, the team is skilled in advising leading companies on acquisitions and sales, often bringing together a pan-regional team from Bratislava and Budapest. The 'proactive, diplomatic, hardworking and business-oriented' Jan Juroška handles high-value transactions and regularly acts for private equity clients. Kamil Blažek is the name to note for deals with an energy focus and counsel Karla Rundtová is also recommended.
‘Jan Juroska is a proactive, diplomatic, hardworking and business-oriented partner who was always available to assist us with our matters.’
‘Jan Juroska and his team are very effective, with broad experience in M&A deals. They are always ready to provide not only legal advice but also some business-oriented thoughts. They deliver on time what they promise in very high quality, subsequently follow-up and co-ordinate cross-border and more complicated transactions well.‘
‘Karla Rundtová is always available, can recognise the urgency of a matter and is fully briefed.‘
Inteva Products LLC
One Equity Partners Europe
Nexen Tire Corporation
Canal+ (Vivendi Group)
- Advised UK steelmaker Liberty Steel on the Romanian and Czech law aspects of its €740m acquisition of ArcelorMittal’s European assets.
- Advised Canal+ Group on its acquisition of M7 Group, one of the largest independent pay-TV operators in Europe.
- Advised Dutch financial conglomerate NN Group on the acquisition of the Czech life insurance business and the Slovak life and pension insurance businesses of Aegon Group, a Dutch financial services provider, for a combined total of €155m.
Kocián Šolc Balaštík's team is co-led by Dagmar Dubecká and Petr Kasík and is singled out for its experience in significant transactions in the corporate market and activity in the M&A space. The firm was the first to engage in corporate privatisation in the domestic market, and continues to handle complex deals in the banking and finance, real estate and telecoms. Standout team member Martin Šolc and Martin Krejčí, who is noted for his M&A-related financing expertise, are also recommended.
Dagmar Dubecká; Petr Kasík
Karlovarské minerální vody/ KMV BEV s.r.o.
Škoda Auto DigiLab s.r.o.
Beire Acquisition, s.r.o.
J&T Wine Holding
Energo Holding, a.s. (from the Slot Group)
WWVV Beheer B.V.
Bakaláři software s.r.o.
- Acted for KMV BEV, a subsidiary of Karlovarské minerální vody, on the acquisition of PepsiCo Group’s assets and operations in the Czech, Slovak and Hungarian markets.
- Advised the seller on the sale of a group of real estate assets in Prague’s Karlín district to the real estate fund of Amundi Czech Republic Asset Management.
- Advised Beire on a pilot project which includes establishing acquisitions and searching for fund investors.
Skils s.r.o. advokátní kancelář
Formerly Weil Gotshal & Manges, Skils s.r.o. advokátní kancelář is experienced in advising energy and infrastructure sector clients on acquisitions and has cross-border capabilities. Managing partner Karel Muzikář leads the practice, which also includes Karel Dřevínek, Petr Severa and Martin Kramar.
‘The outstanding qualifications, expertise and judgement of the partners and other senior lawyers is what makes Skils exceptional in comparison with its competitors.’
Ceska sporitelna (Czech Savings Bank)
- Advising Sanofi on the divestment of its European generics business headquartered in Prague and the sale of its generics business to international private equity group Advent.
- Advising General Atlantic, a global growth equity firm providing capital and strategic support for growth companies, on its acquisition of Kiwi.com, a Czech online travel agency.
- Advising CEZ on the sale of its eight electricity distribution and generation companies in Bulgaria.
White & Case (Europe) LLP handles an assortment of high-value, heavyweight acquisition matters, led by practice head Petr Pánek, who is known for his expertise in the real estate sector. The team's ability is complemented by its strong cross-border capabilities, with support from the firm’s offices in London and Moscow. Jan Andruško is noted for handling complex corporate transactions in the TMT sector. Jan Stejskal focuses on private equity and advises foreign investors. Key clients include Czech investment group PPF Group.
Arx Equity Partners
CVC Capital Partners
LaSalle Investment Management
M7 Real Estate
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
Mid Europa Partners
P3 Logistic Parks (GIC)
REICO (Erste Group)
- Advised PPF Group on its €2.8bn acquisition of Telenor’s telecoms assets in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Acting for Avast, a multinational cybersecurity software company headquartered in Prague, in various corporate, M&A and financing matters.
- Acted for Axel Johnson International on the acquisition of a majority stake in Arkov, one of the Czech Republic’s leading distributors of mechanical power transmission and hydraulics products.
BBH, advokátní kancelář, s.r.o.’s corporate practice continues to be instructed on top-end M&A transactions and joint ventures in the Czech market. Kateřina Winterling Vorlíčková leads the team, which includes core members Petr Precechtel and Tomáš Sedláček, who bring their banking expertise to corporate deals. The group is active across a range of sectors with an emphasis on the pharmaceutical and real estate industries. Experienced senior associate Andrea Adamcova is recommended.
Kateřina Winterling Vorlíčková
Česká pošta, s.p.
Emma Gamma Limited
PPF Group N.V.
Škoda Investment a.s.
Škoda Transportation a.s.
- Advised the sellers on the corporate spin-off and sale of Farmax by SVUS Pharma to Neuraxpharm.
- Assisted Nextclinics on structuring the acquisition and subsequent merger of CGOP.
- Advised Škoda Transportation, a major heavy engineering and train and trolleybus producer, on its sale by CEIL to PPF.
Dentons is noted for its transactional capacity and skill in handling large, cross-border deals with the support of its offices around the region. The team, which is led by Jan Procházka, continues to be instructed by leading companies in the energy space on high-stakes acquisitions, where practice co-head and expert Petr Zákoucký is recommended. Chris Watkinson is noted for complex corporate deals spanning multiple jurisdictions. The group has a multi-disciplinary approach, bringing together experts across the firm to assist on deals.
Petr Zákoucký; Jan Procházka
Best Hotel Properties
Warner Music International
BPD Partners (including Draslovka)
Apeiron Investment Group
Mitsui & Co.
- Advising Sev.en Energy on the acquisition of a 50% stake in multinational energy company InterGen from the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
- Advising Best Hotel Properties and Westmont Hospitality Group, namely their joint venture company Goldfield, on the sale of the InterContinental Prague hotel via a share deal to R2G Heritage.
- Advising on the sale of International BEZ Group and Elektech and their wholly owned subsidiaries to Rosenergotrans, an affiliate of Svel.
The team at Glatzová & Co., s.r.o. regularly assists large international law firms as local counsel in high-stakes and cross-border acquisition deals. 'A true legal powerhouse', managing partner Vladimíra Glatzová leads the practice, which advises leading companies on corporate transactions. Jan Veselý was recently promoted to the partnership and is noted for his M&A experience. The team works in close co-operation with the firm's office in Slovakia.
Vladimíra Glatzová; Jindřich Král; Jan Veselý; Martin Dančišin; Jiří Sixta
‘Libor Nemec is an excellent choice for everybody who needs practical, straightforward and professional advice in corporate and finance matters. Always to the point, always outstanding.’
Arcelor Mittal Ostrava
DRFG Chytrý Honza
EC Financial Services, a.s.,
DRFG Real Estate
Rameder Anhängerkupplungen und Autoteile GmbH Acquisition of Elsa Group
Bohemia Properties a.s.
Českolipské teplo a.s. (member of MVV Energie CZ)
Vinolok a.s. (Preciosa Group)
Pale Fire Capital
- Acted together with Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton as Czech legal adviser in the sale of ArcelorMittal Ostrava, the largest steel producer in the Czech Republic.
- Advised the DRFG Investment Group on the first phase of its financing of the acquisition of ChytrýHonza.
- Acted with Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP as Czech legal adviser on the purchase of Elsa Group, one of the largest Czech dealers of towing equipment, roof racks and other car accessories.
The corporate team at PRK Partners is jointly led by Radan Kubr and Martin Kříž (who splits his time between Prague and Bratislava) and regularly acts as local counsel to international firms on cross-border corporate deals. The team advises on acquisitions and corporate financing matters, drawing on the expertise of the banking department. Roman Pečenka is the name to note for transactions with a real estate focus; Jan Kohout, who heads the Russian desk, is recommended for complex restructurings; and associate Jan Vařecha is experienced in insolvency matters.
Martin Kriz; Radan Kubr
‘The corporate practice of PRK Partners has a very good combination of practical experience in complex corporate matters and a strong theoretical background, enabling the team to assess the risks of various possible legal structures.’
‘Jan Vařecha is a reliable lawyer with experience in complex, cross-border and tax-related corporate matters.’
Rémy Cointreau Group
Mike Chalfen and the fund Accel
J&T – CEFC Group
Bruin Sports Capital and its wholly owned subsidiary, Deltatre Holdings Limited
- Advised Wenaasgruppen, a significant, family-owned investor from Scandinavia, on the acquisition of the iconic Hotel Don Giovanni in Prague in the form of a share deal.
- Advised RWE on the Czech aspects of the acquisition of a majority stake in Czech distribution grid operator innogy Grid Holding.
- Advised Engie, a leading multinational energy group, on the acquisition of Czech and Slovak technical facility businesses.
Schoenherr Czech Republic
Schoenherr Czech Republic is noted for its 'professionalism and diversity'. The team is experienced in both Czech and Slovak law matters and handles regional transactions for a variety of blue-chip companies. Led by Vladimír Čížek, the practice advises on acquisitions across the CEE region and foreign investments. Martin Kubánek is a key member of the team and is recommended for transactions in the real estate sector.
‘Accessible, good local knowledge and network, qualified and expeditive.‘
Deutsche Private Equity (DPE)
- Advised Jägermeister on the acquisition of Rémy Cointreau’s distribution subsidiaries in the Czech Republic and Slovakia from Rémy Cointreau.
- Advised Caverion on the disposal of its Czech subsidiary, Caverion Česká Republika, to Kart, a member of the ČEZ Group.
- Advised Bausparkasse Schwäbisch Hall on the sale of 45% of the shares of Českomoravská stavební spořitelna to its majority shareholder, ČSOB, a member of KBC Group.
Squire Patton Boggs s.r.o., advokátní kancelář’s corporate group maintains its strength in the real estate sector, regularly advising on mid-to-high level M&A in this area. Radek Janecek leads the team, which offers clients an English law service and also has 'deep knowledge' in private equity matters. Senior associate Ivan Karpják acts for local and international clients and has a focus on restructuring, whereas associate Ivan Chalupa has experience in corporate litigation.
‘The team is hardworking, super reliable and smart.’
Espira Investments s.r.o.
ARX Equity Partners
MacDermid CZ s.r.o.
Live Nation Czech Republic s.r.o.
Redstone Real Estate, a.s.
Low & Bonar PLC
Klarity Intelligence, Inc.
- Assisted private equity fund Espira Investments with the acquisition of a 50% stake in JK Education Group.
- Advised investment fund ARX Equity Partners on the acquisition of the glass façades division of Skanska.
- Assisted Live Nation, a leading live entertainment and e-commerce company, with the complex restructuring of its ownership structure in the Czech Republic.
Weinhold Legal acts for a mix of international companies and local subsidiaries of global corporates. Daniel Weinhold leads the team; other key names to note include Ondřej Havránek, who specialises in M&A and restructuring deals, and IP expert Martin Lukáš.
‘Extremely responsive and knowledgeable on corporate law. Connectivity with tax and other EY service lines allows the firm to work seamlessly across functions.’
‘Vaclav Smetana and Jan Turek go above and beyond to ensure client needs are met. They have a strong understanding of local law and regulations, and also understand the complexities involved when working with US-headquartered clients.‘
‘I would highlight Martin Lukas and Anna Bartůňková for their hard work, innovative procedures and professional approach.’
Slovenská produkčná (JOJ Group)
LEEL Electricals Limited
První novinová společnost (PNS)
- Advised Henry Schein, a major provider of healthcare solutions for office-based dental and medical professionals, in relation to the spin-off of its animal health business.
- Assisted JOJ Group with its acquisition of a 100% stake in Československá filmová společnost.
- Advised Renomia on its acquisition of a majority stake in IMG.
bnt attorneys-at-law is described as 'strong and highly experienced' in corporate transactions, especially in the real estate sector. The team led by Jan Šafránek and Pavel Pravda also handles cross-border and contentious matters. Peter Maysenhölder is dual qualified in the Czech Republic and Germany and specialises in commercial and corporate law.
Jan Šafránek; Pavel Pravda
‘Jan Safanek is very professional and creative and has a problem-solving approach.‘
‘Tailor-made solutions. Friendly, pro-client approach. Professionals.’
Gaudlitz GmbH / Gaudlitz Precision s.r.o.
Wet Wipes International s.r.o. – Romana Luitjens
Defend Insurance Holding s.r.o.
Witte Automotive s.r.o.
Prague AT, a.s.
RSJ Investments Sivac a.s.
Cimex Invest s.r.o.
Previo s.r.o. (Hotel.cz)
- Advising an investment fund on the sale of the majority share in the field of energy production and heat from biomass.
- Advised Defend Insurance Holding on the transfer of assets of a to-be- dissolved company to the client in its capacity as the majority shareholder.
- Advising Witte Automotive on day-to-day corporate matters.
DLA Piper's multi-disciplinary team acts on corporate transactions for local and global clients and advises on cross-border deals. The team led by Miroslav Dubovský also handles M&A and restructuring. Key team members include of counsel Petr Koblovsky and senior associate Petr Samec, who regularly advises foreign clients.
‘DLA Piper’s team provides high-quality legal advice on commercial and corporate issues, taking into account the needs of the business and also giving effective practical solutions where necessary.‘
‘Petr Samec is a highly efficient attorney at law, who provides a high quality of services and legal advice, and is responsive and accessible.’
Cushman & Wakefield
Pamploma Capital BM Management
- Advising leading games publisher Asmodee Group on the acquisition of European fantasy and trading card games distributor ADC Blackfire Entertainment.
- Advising Immofinanz on the acquisition of a 50% stake from a previous joint venture with Lordship.
- Assisting United Internet with the contemplated acquisition of Active 24 in the Czech Republic and Loopia in Sweden.
Possessing 'big-picture perspective with tenacious detail orientation', the practice at Eversheds Sutherland is experienced in handling domestic and cross-border transactions for banking clients. M&A specialist Lukáš Zahrádka heads the team along with Stanislav Dvořák, who focuses on insolvency matters. The group has Slovak law expertise and also has experience acting for German clients.
Lukáš Zahrádka; Stanislav Dvořák
‘Stanislav Servus is incredibly responsive and knowledgeable.’
‘They all did an excellent job, and were always professional and completely efficient in their approach to work at all times.‘
Conseq real estate fund
Symmetry Logistics Limited
Raiffeisen Real Estate Fund
Eques Fotovoltaica Fundusz Inwestycyjny Zamknięty
Český strojírenský holding
- Acting for the seller on the sale of 100% of the shares in two Czech limited liability companies and the sale of real estate to companies belonging to the group held by a Russian investor.
- Advised the Conseq real estate fund on its acquisition of the Hradec Králové retail park from Tesco Europe.
- Advised Frontier Technology on the sale of a privately owned company to local energy producer and distributor Pražská energetika, which is owned by EnBW group.
HAVEL & PARTNERS s.r.o., attorneys at law
At HAVEL & PARTNERS s.r.o., attorneys at law, the corporate team provides comprehensive advice with particular strength in acting on high-value acquisitions and sales. The team has Slovak law expertise and handles cross-border work with the firm's office in Bratislava. Jan Koval and Václav Audes are key names in the practice, advising both borrowers and sellers on M&A.
Jaroslav Havel; Jan Koval; Václav Audes
Cleverlance Group and Tomáš Strýček
SPVA1, a. s.
RSJ Investments SICAV a.s.
Genesis Private Equity Fund III
Automation Investment, s.r.o.
- Advised Slovintegra on the sale of companies forming the Levice Energy Complex.
- Advised Cleverlance on the sale of a 100% share in several of its companies to KKCG.
- Advised Innogy in co-operation with Slaughter and May and Hengeler Muller on the sale of shares in innogy Grid Holding.
Noerr s.r.o. advises on domestic corporate matters and is led by the firm's CEE head Barbara Kusak, who is noted for advising foreign investors. The team has cross-border experience, acting alongside the firm's offices across the region. The practice expanded with the hire of Bořivoj Líbal, who joined from PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal s.r.o., advokátní kancelář in March 2019. Associated Partner Petr Hrnčíř specialises in corporate matters with a focus on the energy and healthcare sector.
Associated British Foods
- Advised Bauer Media Group on the sale of its publishing business in the Czech Republic and Slovakia to leading Czech–Slovak publishing house Mafra.
- Advised Aurelius Equity Opportunities on the acquisition of water valve manufacturer VAG.
- Advised Apollo European Principle Finance Fund III on setting up a pan-European logistics platform.
NOVALIA Attorneys-at-law is noted for its strength in advising technology and start-up clients, as well as large International companies, on corporate matters. Bill Finney leads the team, which is described as 'highly flexible and fast in recognising and responding to concrete requests'. IP expert Iva Javorska is the name to note for IP and IT issues involved in M&A transactions.
‘Pavel Marc is pragmatic, insightful and responsive. His 20-plus years of experience reflect how surely he leads and executes on projects.’
‘Highly constructive and outcome-oriented approach, excellent client communication, best support ever.‘
‘Team of professionals that one can rely on, always available, immediate response time.’
Agrana / Moravskoslezské cukrovary
C3 Creative Code and Content
Sinclair Global Group
- Advised California-headquartered technology start-up Sapho on its acquisition by Citrix.
- Advised Shire on the acquisition of sanaplasma, a plasma collection company headquartered in Switzerland.
- Advised the founders of a data analytics start-up on a complex restructuring in preparation for receiving a series A investment from private investors.
PETERKA & PARTNERS
PETERKA & PARTNERS has a pan-regional reach, with the ability to handle cross-border corporate work for clients in the real estate and construction sectors. Gabriela Hájková and Adela Krbcova lead the practice, which is experienced in complex M&A and in assisting clients with establishing business operations. Ondrej Dusek is a key contact, as is senior associate Magda Prchalova, who has a competition law focus.
Gabriela Hajkova; Adela Krbcova
‘Adela Krbcova has smooth co-operation.’
Descours & Cabaud
- Advised CNH Industrial and two Czech companies recently acquired by the CNH Industrial brand.
- Advised Czech, Slovak and French entities from Descours & Cabaud Group.
- Acting for several Czech subsidiaries of the Emerson Group in corporate matters.
An 'excellent team with deep knowledge', Pierstone s.r.o., advokátní kancelár is able to handle domestic and international M&A deals. Led by Iva Zothová and Tomas Schollaert, the practice handles corporate transactions for technology sector clients. Jana Pattynová is recommended.
Iva Zothová; Tomas Schollaert
‘Tomas Schollaert is a top-notch M&A lawyer and adviser, as well as Lenka Suchankova.‘
‘The Pierstone team provides exceptional service to our company and has done so for many years. They provide extremely high-quality, ethical, practical, savvy, timely and highly cost-effective advice.‘
‘Iva Zothová’s knowledge is at a really high level. Her approach is professional and it is good to co-operate with her.‘
Bidfood Czech Republic
- Acting as global corporate and commercial counsel to a global leader in social media monitoring services and software.
- Advising Bidfood Czech Republic on all corporate and M&A matters in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Advising Tesco on a joint venture with O2 Slovakia.
PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal s.r.o., advokátní kancelář
PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal s.r.o., advokátní kancelář offers a multi-disciplinary service combining the firm's corporate, commercial and tax expertise. Led by a trio of newly promoted partners, Radek Buršík, Petr Kincl and Daniel Pikal, the team expanded by recruiting Vendelín Balog in July 2019 from Pokorný, Wagner & Partners. Balog brings 13 years of corporate experience to the group.
Radek Buršík; Petr Kincl; Daniel Pikal
Reckitt Benckiser spol. s r.o.
European GNSS Agency
- Assisted Honeywell with the spin-off of its transportation business division and homes and environmental control division.
- Assisted Reckitt Benckiser Czech Republic with a group restructuring consisting of share transfers and a spin-off of the hygiene home divisions.
- Advised European GNSS Agency on procurement and contract management for dozens of projects related to the implementation of the European satellite-based augmentation system, EGNOS.
RANDA HAVEL LEGAL
RANDA HAVEL LEGAL is skilled in handling mid-level M&A transactions in the energy sector, led by experienced corporate lawyer Alois Šatava. The team has cross-border capability and handles international transactions, for which Martin Řanda is the key contact. Clients include a number of local banks. Michal Palinkas is noted for his focus on insolvency matters.
Jufa Investment Group
Pražské služby a.s.
Zdroj pitné vody Káraný, a.s.
New Presence Jewels
Janus spol. s r.o.
BSWW Trust and the funds represented by BSWW Trust
Export Guarantee and Insurance Corporation
- Advising Jufa Investment Group on the restructuring of a part of its business group.
- Acting for the owners of Janus, a distributor of Kyocera brand products, in the sale of 100% of its shares to the Dutch company Kyocera Document Solutions Europe.
- Advised Zdroj pitné vody Káraný on the operation of the corporate structure of a number of companies providing the production of drinking water for the inhabitants of Prague.
Wolf Theiss' team is jointly led by managing partner Jitka Logesová and Robert Pelikán following the departure of Jan Kotous, who left for Deloitte Legal s.r.o., advokátní kancelář. The practice is equipped to deal with local and cross-border transactions thanks to the firm's regional network, and regularly advises clients in the construction, energy and tech industries. Senior associate Kateřina Kulhánková advises international companies on restructuring matters and is particularly active in the IT sector.
Jitka Logesová; Robert Pelikán
- Advising the Czech subsidiary of a worldwide technology company on restructuring and transfer of business activities.
- Advising a worldwide real estate and construction company on drafting and negotiating a shareholder agreement.
- Advising an international public relations and advertising agency on the complex restructuring of its entities in the Czech Republic.
Bányaiová Vožehová, s.r.o., law office is an 'experienced team with excellent value for money'. Led by Lucie Vožehová, the practice has a focus on transactions, particularly real estate-related M&A. Senior associate Michaela Kmochová is the key name for real estate matters requiring a corporate angle.
‘Lucie Vozehova is an excellent corporate and M&A lawyer with very good knowledge.’
‘High capacity to understand our standards and the way we work. Flexible, reactive, highly professional and trustworthy.’
‘Lucie Vozehova is an experienced leading corporate and M&A partner, with a strong track record and negotiation skills, as is excellent associate Michaela Kmochova. Both are very effective in their work and are business-orientated lawyers.’
Vinci Energies – Czech subsidiaries
Vinci Construction – Czech subsidiaries
T-Mobile Czech Republic a. s.
Soletanche Freyssinet SA
EMC Czech Republic s. r. o.
ON Semiconductor Czech Republic, s. r.o.
Schülke & Mayr GmbH
Bridgestone CR, s.r.o.
Značky Morava, a.s. 5
AŽD Praha a. s.
- Advising the Czech subsidiaries of Vinci Construction on corporate matters.
- Advising Energo-Pro in the acquisition of Slovenian company Litostroj Power.
- Advising the Czech subsidiaries of Vinci Construction on corporate matters.
Balcar, Polanský & Spol
Balcar, Polanský & Spol's corporate team is led by Radim Polanský and is experienced in handling a flow of M&A transactions. The team advises on local matters, and also has the capacity to handle cross-border work due to its alliance with regional firms. Restructuring, transactional advice and due diligence matters make up the team's workload. Associates Martin Balcar and Natálie Toldi are recommended.
Aspen Pharmacare Europe
Czech Fire Group
- Provided sell-side transaction advice to a holding company controlled by a private investor.
Bird & Bird s.r.o. advokátní kancelář advises on restructuring and M&A. Ivan Sagál leads the team, which also includes senior associate Gabriela Škvareková, who advises clients in the energy, oil and gas, and financial services sectors. Former co-head Martin Špička departed the team to join CITIC Europe Holdings as legal counsel.
Hastings Manufacturing Company
Piston Rings Komarov s.r.o.
Veracity Protocol s.r.o.
T. K. Boesen Capital Partners
Český průmyslový holding a.s.
- Advised Hastings Manufacturing Company on post-closing work following an acquisition.
- Advising Piston Rings Komarov on a downstream merger and corporate housekeeping.
- Advising Veracity Protocol on its establishment in the Czech Republic and venture capital investments.
bpv Braun Partners s.r.o. impresses clients with its 'enthusiasm and professionalism' and is led by Arthur Braun. The corporate team advises on corporate transactions and due diligence, and represents clients in merger control proceedings. Key contacts in the group include senior partners David Vosol, Pavel Vincík and Jiří Bárta, who is recommended for real estate-related M&A deals.
American PE fund
PRE (Prague Electricity Company)
- Advised PRE on due diligence and the acquisition of a family-held service company.
- Acted as local counsel in the acquisition of product lines in the health sector by Cardinal Health.
- Advised Brode Capital on the acquisition of several medical clinics.
CERHA HEMPEL Kališ & Partners handles all corporate matters for clients with a focus on insolvency matters and cross-border transactions. Petr Kališ co-heads the team, which is experienced in M&A-related dispute resolution and corporate restructurings. Co-head Martin Kartner's main focus lies on compliance matters.
Petr Kališ; Martin Kartner
SES Spar European
Shopping Centers GmbH
Vienna House Capital GmbH
Rimowa (LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton SE)
Prefa Technologies a.s. (Prefa Restructuring)
Kia Motors Czech s.r.o.
XXX Lutz KG
Recoop Tour, a.s.
Hol-Monta spol. s.r.o.
Tchibo Praha, spol. s r.o.
Hervis Sport a móda s.r.o.
Office Depot s.r.o.
Telio Management GmbH
- Advised SES Spar European Shopping Centers on the sale of its share in the company operating one of the biggest shopping centres in the Czech Republic.
- Advised Ciotola on the acquisition of another entity operating in the industry.
- Advised Aon Corporation (Project Star) on the sale of part of its business wordwide to an investor.
JŠK, advokátní kancelář, s.r.o.
JŠK, advokátní kancelář, s.r.o. is 'highly skilled and experienced' with 'excellent availability and great support'. The corporate team advises clients, particularly in the energy sector, on both local and international corporate matters. Tomáš Doležil and Roman Kramarík jointly lead the group, which also includes Michal Jendželovský, who advises on both Czech and Slovak law.
Tomáš Doležil; Roman Kramařík
‘Proactive approach to due diligence. Identified areas of potential risks we had not thought about. Timely and efficient work. Excellent value for money. Highly ethical approach.‘
‘Tomas Dolezil is a reliable and knowledgable partner with a solution-based approach.’
‘I had the pleasure to work on two projects led by Tomas Dolezil, whom I regard a standout professional. Tomas has a strong work ethic and very rich experience in M&A projects.‘
3TS Capital Partners
BHS Private Equity Fund
Tokio Marine HCC
- Advised the shareholder of Top4Sport on the sale of the majority share in the company to Eleven Sports.
- Advised Pražská energetika on its acquisition of Voltcom.
- Advised KKCG Investments on the Czech law aspects of the dissolution of a multi-jurisdictional joint venture structure in the field of lottery and gaming with Emma Group.
The corporate team at ROWAN LEGAL is described as 'very commercially oriented and working like a well-oiled machine' under the leadership of Martin Janoušek and Ondřej Křížek. The team's traditional strength is in local transactions, but it has also expanded its practice to handle large international deals for corporations and start-ups across various sectors. Martin Šubrt is recommended for acquisition financing and Vladimír Hejduk is the key name for the tax aspects of corporate matters.
Martin Janoušek; Ondřej Křížek
‘The lawyers are very resourceful, with a deep understanding of legal and factual matters, and they work very efficiently and flexibly as a team. The lawyers are very accomplished. We appreciate the fast pace with which they follow new technologies and regulations. Rowan is always one step ahead.‘
‘Rowan Legal has been able to create a compact team consisting of high-level professionals armed with excellent technical competencies, who support each other and pull together for the clients. I do not know a better team for acquisitions.’
‘Rowan has a strong corporate team from associates to partner level. They are dedicated to solving clients’ problems rather than creating issues.’
‘Martin Šubrt is smart, analytical, excellent.’
‘Vladimír Hejduk is the absolute best choice for negotiations.’
‘Martin Janoušek has excellent business acumen.’
‘Ondřej Křížek is responsive, communicative and listens to clients – he is very good in every area.’
‘Jan Novotny is a rising star who is very good in negotiation.’
AVE CZ odpadové hospodářství s.r.o.
Severočeská vodárenská společnost a.s.
Rockaway Capital SE
Solar Turbines EAME s.r.o.
Central Europe Industry Partners, a.s. (CEIP)
Snoeks Automotive B.V.
Hogan Lovells US
Aures Holdings a.s.
CGI IT Czech Republic s.r.o.
Brandeis Clinci, s.r.o.
Ericsson spol. s r.o.
Škoda Auto DigiLab s.r.o.
Oriens Czech Republic, s.r.o.
- Advised Rockaway Capital on the sale of a company operating in the field of insurance intermediation.
- Advised AVE CZ waste management company on due diligence and the preparation and realisation of the acquisition of BMH.
- Advised Aures Holdings on the upstream merger of two companies operating in the automotive industry.
Taylor Wessing LLP
The team at Taylor Wessing LLP advises clients on M&A and cross-border transactions with the support of the firm's six offices across the region. The team is led by Markéta Deimelová, capital markets expert Thomas Rechberger and Janka Brezániová, who was promoted to the partnership in July 2019.
Markéta Deimelová; Janka Brezániová; Thomas Rechberger
‘Janka Brezaniova has a very professional and friendly approach. She tries to give us the best solution while taking into account the price.’
BB Electronics A/S
- Assisted Austrian company S + B Gruppe with the sale of the Trimaran building in Prague.
- Advised Danish company BB Electronics on the acquisition of the Wendell Group, a developer and producer of electronics, from three individuals.