With significant presence throughout Brazil, Machado Meyer Sendacz e Opice Advogados has one of the leading projects and infrastructure practices in the market. Testament to its standing is the impressive track record in innovative transactions in the project finance space. The team has been particularly active advising on financing matters for the development of energy projects, with a special emphasis on renewables. In addition, the group also demonstrates strength in matters pertaining to PPPs, bidding processes and M&A deals. Alberto Faro has a wealth of experience in domestic and cross-border project finance, most notably in the power, mining, oil and gas, sanitation and transport segments. José Ribeiro do Prado Júnior is another noteworthy practitioner for financing transactions, and also demonstrates proficiency in PPPs and regulatory matters. Mauro Bardawil Penteado, who has significant experience in the ports, power and oil and gas sectors, advises clients on an array of infrastructure and energy matters. Other key individuals include José Virgílio Lopes Enei and Adriano Schnur. Since publication, the team has been further strengthened with the February-2022 hire of Marcelo Lucon as a partner; Lucon has a lengthy in house legal trajectory in the construction and infrastructure sector, most notably some seven years as CLO at Grupo Ecorodovidas.
Projects and infrastructure in Brazil
José Ribeiro do Prado Júnior; Mauro Bardawil Penteado; Alberto Faro
‘The team is highly experienced and understands the connectors between the legal and commercial topics relevant to the client, such as supplier agreements, financing framework and corporate structure. The integration of the Machado team with our project team is outstanding and includes a direct cooperation with colleagues of various disciplines.’
‘In addition to their experience in the industry and knowledge of Brazilian law, they have a thorough understanding of our project and our organisational challenges. They are proactive in implementing and voicing topics they consider relevant to the client.’
‘Business view. Proper and pragmatic language. Clear and objective recommendations.’
‘Mauro Bardawil Penteado is a standout partner in the team – he is always available and very attentive.’
‘The firm stands out for its knowledge of the market and the opportunities that appear for business. I recommend José Virgílio Lopes Enei and Alberto Faro.’
‘I worked with few firms in project finance and corporate transactions, but none comes close to meeting the MMSO service, in terms of quality, knowledge, experience, availability and partnership! They have a very deep knowledge of the details and intricacies of structured operations of corporate organisation and fundraising in the market. They have the answers at their fingertips and, when the topic is more complex, they go beyond simply following market practice, seeking to solve the problem and overcome obstacles.’
‘The partners are effectively involved in the projects and the team is competent and available, formed by professionals of the highest level.’
Inter-American Development Bank
International Finance Corporation
Corporacion Andina de Fomento – CAF
International Terminal Container Services – ICTSI
Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ)
Mubadala Investment Company
New Development Bank
- Acted as legal advisor to CTEEP – Companhia de Transmissão de Energia Elétrica Paulista, as issuer for the ninth issuance of debentures by CTEEP in two tranches, in the total amount of R$1.6bn.
- Acted for LD Celulose as borrower in relation to $1.15bn financing from IDB Invest, IFC and financial institutions guaranteed by Finnvera for the implementation of a dissolving wood plant.
- Advised Atlas Juazeiro Comercializadora de Energia on the international financing of the first solar power complex in Brazil under a long-term power purchase agreement indexed to USD.
Despite a very challenging year for infrastructure projects in Brazil, Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr. e Quiroga Advogados continued to consolidate its leading position in the projects and infrastructure market. With great industry coverage, the sizeable team has a stellar track record in project finance matters, and excels in project development work pertaining to the energy sector (across power, oil and gas, and mining). On the financing front, it has significant experience in handling transactions that involve Brazilian development banks and a wide range of sectors, including airports, water and sewage. Based in Rio de Janeiro, Pablo Sorj is a renowned practitioner in the field of project finance, having advised numerous sponsors and lenders in matters across the energy, ports, roads and mining sectors. Other names to note for financing work include Marina Anselmo Schneider and Bernardo Môcho in São Paulo. Thiago Fernandes Moreira, who is based in Rio, is singled out for his experience in project development and knowledge of construction and infrastructure contracts. The recently promoted Alexandre Arlota is also noted for the development of greenfield and brownfield projects and infrastructure-related transactions; he is based in São Paulo.
‘Great knowledge of infrastructure contracts and highly qualified professionals, with commitment to the project / client and able to meet challenging deadlines.’
‘Excellent quality of services, availability of professionals, in-depth knowledge of the issues discussed, flexibility for negotiations. Alexandre Sales Cabral Arlota and Thiago Moreira Fernandes stand out.’
‘Mattos Filho has teams with technical excellence in all areas of law that we need. They are always available and respond with quality and speed.’
‘Mattos Filho’s Infrastructure and Projects team is highly qualified, with perhaps unbeatable expertise and experience in Brazil. The joint work of specialised niches allows for a performance above the average of other Infra & Projects teams in Brazil. The dedication and hands-on work of the partners is unique, with a personal involvement and very close to each case.’
‘Thiago Fernandes Moreira is one of the most relevant and recognised lawyers in contract issues related to project development and infrastructure in general. With a unique experience, he works in virtually all topics related to the development of high quality projects. It seems that he has already seen all the problems that may arise and knows how to address them in terms of negotiation and contract.’
‘Alexandre Arlota, the newest partner in the project development team, knows how to propose and build arguments in a lucid, coherent and firm manner. Alexandre is personally dedicated to each case, prepares efficient and robust clauses and is always available – not only as a lawyer, but basically as a project advisor.’
‘Mattos Filho’s team has demonstrated a full knowledge of the law and of the industry. We understand that only a firm with the size and quality of Mattos Filho would be capable to engage in so many negotiation fronts as it was required to. Thiago Moreira demonstrated a hands-on approach, and was available at all times to meet all the needs of the project.’
‘Extensive experience in debt financial operations to fund infrastructure projects. Reputation among peers.’
Total EREN Group
Statkraft Energias Renováveis
CELSE – Centrais Elétricas de Sergipe
Enel Green Power
GNA – Gás Natural Açu
Argo Transmissão de Energia
Atlas Energia Renovável do Brasil
- Advised Acciona on the financing and a wide range of contracts for acquisition of the concession agreement for the construction, operation and maintenance of São Paulo Metro line 6 (Orange line).
- Advised the lenders (Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, ING Bank and Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank) on the financing to raise funds for payment of the Closing Consideration by Trident to Petrobras, in connection with the acquisition of the Pampo and Enchova cluster.
- Advised ING Capital, Natixis (New York Branch) and Societe Generale on the $140m financing for the development, construction, completion, ownership and operation of an open pit copper mining project located in Alagoas, Brazil.
Cescon Barrieu is a popular destination for banking and financial services clients engaged in project financing transactions across a variety of sectors, including energy, transport, water and sanitation. The group brings together lawyers whose areas of expertise cut across public law, regulatory issues, capital markets, tax and litigation, and has the capability to assist clients throughout all steps of project development. Based in Rio de Janeiro, practice head Maurício Teixeira dos Santos is experienced in the full array of infrastructure and projects matters, ranging from financings to tender offers, M&A and development issues. Other key individuals in the infrastructure and project finance team include Rafael Baleroni in Rio de Janeiro, and Roberto Mario Amaral Lima Neto and Fernando de Melo Gomes in São Paulo.
Maurício Teixeira dos Santos
‘They are able to work on a variety of corporate matters and can also rely on their litigation team when issues arise during the diligence process.’
‘Maurício Teixeira dos Santos is always open to working towards jointly finding solutions and understands the complexities of international financings so his advice is practical and not focused on solutions that only work in Brazil. Mauricio is always available to join calls.’
BNDES – Brazilian Development Bank
IDB- Inter-American Development Bank
Banco Santander (Brasil)
- Advising Magni Partners, through its subsidiary Knarr Drilling, on the distressed leveraged acquisition of four drilling rigs in the context of Sete Brasil’s judicial reorganisation.
- Advising Copel Holding on the unbundling of its telecoms and energy assets followed by the divestment and privatisation of its telecoms subsidiary Copel Telecom.
- Assisting BNDES in the structuring of two PPPs for the modernisation, efficiency, expansion, operation and maintenance of the public lighting network infrastructure in two Brazilian cities.
Demarest Advogados is adept at handling a variety of matters involving greenfield and brownfield projects across a multitude of industries, namely energy, transport, sanitation and healthcare. Its recent work showcases its strength in advising clients on PPPs and bid processes. The team is also sought by clients for assistance with financing, M&A and concessions, including in matters pertaining to urban mobility, energy and waste management. Leading the practice is Bruno Aurélio, who draws on his comprehensive knowledge of public law issues to assist with the structuring of complex infrastructure projects. Renan Sona Silva is also noted for his expertise in project development and bidding procedures.
‘A truly full-service firm in Brazil with established lawyers in all the key regions in the country, Demarest offers deep knowledge of all subject matters and the industry. This is important to us as projects have different locations and jurisdictions. The Demarest team has the ability to provide valuable advice and solutions in all matters, no matter how tangencial to the project at hand in a fast and reliable way. This attests to their bench depth and knowledge.’
‘Demarest can handle and coordinate very complex cases that -as an example- encompass litigation, capital markets, public law, commercial and contract law, energy sector regulations, data privacy, among others, without sacrificing pace, quality, or results, which is invaluable to us. Being counsel for some of the largest companies in Brazil across a variety of infrastructure profiles in all the regions give Demarest real world experience.’
‘Bruno Aurélio and Renan Sona have done an amazing job coordinating the different practices within Demarest to deliver results in all our infrastructure projects.’
‘It is a highly skilled team that quickly understands our issues. I would like to highlight the names of Bruno Aurélio and Renan Sona.’
‘Bruno Aurélio and Renan Sona are professionals with solid technical knowledge and also relevant practical experience, knowledge of the field of public concessions and infrastructure assets. This is extremely relevant for the development of work that meets the client’s needs. They are committed, very tenacious lawyers who present creative solutions and effective alternatives to complex problems.’
COBRA Brasil Servicos, Comunicações e Energia
Socicam Administração, Projetos e Representações
Arc Comércio Construção e Administração de Serviços
Construtora Queiroz Galvão
Smart RJ Concessionária de Iluminação Pública
Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Econômico e Social
AENA Desarrollo Internacional SME
- Representing Smart RJ Concessionária de Iluminação Pública in the execution of a PPP entered into with Companhia Municipal de Energia e Iluminação – RioLuz for the modernisation, maintenance, operation, and management of the public lighting system of the city.
- Advised Consortium Conecta Aracaju on two public bids of PPPs for the modernisation, maintenance, operation and management of the public lighting system of Aracaju and Feira de Santana.
- Advised COBRA Brasil Servicos, Comunicações e Energia on the public bid for a seawater desalination plant.
Dias Carneiro Advogados' infrastructure and projects team is 'known for its technical excellence, speed and attention to detail'. The firm is well positioned to advise stakeholders engaged in project finance matters and M&A deals involving infrastructure assets from both a domestic and an international perspective. The practice is particularly well regarded for its ability to lead on financing transactions and negotiations of project contracts pertaining to the energy sector, with a special emphasis on renewables. Project finance specialist Thiago Vallandro Flores oversees the department with Ricardo Sanches, who is routinely instructed by investors, financial institutions and development banks in project finance, PPPs and regulatory matters pertaining to the energy and transport sectors. Project and energy financing are also notable areas of practice for Gustavo Junqueira and Paulo Leme.
Thiago Vallandro Flores; Ricardo Sanches
‘Dias Carneiro is a medium-sized firm that provides first-rate legal services. They have a very strong team in the area of project finance and energy. The partners actively participate in calls and in reviewing documents, which consistently ensures the highest quality of services. Dias Carneiro is known for its attention to detail. The team is very integrated and proactive.’
‘In general, Dias Carneiro’s team is known for its technical excellence, speed and attention to detail.’
‘Thiago Vallandro Flores is excellent and very proactive, and stands out in the Brazilian legal market in the area of energy and project financing.’
‘Team is very knowledgeable about the market and applicable legislation, in addition to being pro business. Paulo Leme and Thiago Vallandro Flores are great.’
Inter-American Development Bank
Vestas Wind Power
Vestas Power Development
International Finance Corporation
BTG Pactual Gestora de Recursos
- Acted as counsel to IDB, IDB Invest and Norway-based DNB on their combined loan to Atlas Renewable Energy, destined to finance the Jacaranda renewable energy project in Brazil.
- Assisted Vestas Wind Power in the negotiation of agreements with a joint venture between Votorantim Energia and the Canadian Fund CPP Investments.
- Advised CIFI, the non-bank financial entity on the issuance of floating rate notes due 2028 by Umoe Bioenergy.
The infrastructure practice at Pinheiro Neto Advogados is best known for its broad capabilities in the project finance field, demonstrating strength in traditional and innovative funding transactions through public banks and through the use of the capital markets in local offerings of project debentures and international bond offerings. Of particular note, the practice has an impressive track record in financing deals involving the water supply and sewage sectors. On the project development front, it is well equipped to advise on bids, concessions of PPPs, administrative contracts, as well as regulatory issues pertaining to sanitation, railroads, highways and airports. Contentious matters arising from construction disputes are another strong point for the team. Júlio Bueno is a go-to counsel for multilateral agencies, financial institutions, contractors and developers engaged in infrastructure and construction projects. Thaís Fernandes Chebatt is noted for her knowledge of construction contracts and related disputes. Project finance is an area of specialism for Ricardo Coelho in Rio de Janeiro, while Ricardo Russo focuses on infrastructure-related transactions and project development. Named practitioners are based in São Paulo unless otherwise stated.
‘The firm is at the forefront of large infrastructure projects, with extensive experience in financial and capital market issues. The team always counts on the participation of the partners, bringing great security to the matters.’
‘I would like to highlight the work of Ricardo Russo, who has deep knowledge in financial matters, regulation of the capital market as well as regulated infrastructure sectors in general.’
Aguas Do Brasil
- Assisted Paranaguá Saneamento with the project financing for a water supply and sewage project by means of the issuance of infrastructure debentures.
- Advised the initial purchasers on the project finance of the largest railway system in Brazil held by concessionaire RUMO, through the issuance of $500m – 5.250% Senior Notes Due 2028 by Rumo Luxembourg.
- Advised Banco BNP Paribas Brasil, as underwriter, in relation to a bridge loan for the financing of a subway system in São Paulo, held by Concessionária Linha Universidade, through the issuance of debentures.
Stocche Forbes Advogados predominantly assists large infrastructure groups and domestic and foreign banks in the structuring and financing of projects in Brazil. The team has notable experience in the energy sector, where in addition to handling project finance and corporate transactions, it is also equipped to advise on EPC contracts, PPAs and services agreements. Based in São Paulo, Guilherme Forbes is a leading figure in the market, recognised for his experience in corporate, restructuring and financing deals involving infrastructure assets. Bruno Gandolfo and Frederico Moura are names to note in the Rio de Janeiro office, most notably for project finance mandates. The practice group was further strengthened, recently, with the October 2021-hire of Marco Aurélio Saliba, who arrives as a partner after a short stint as legal director at Proton Energy. Since publication, the firm has hired administrative and regulatory specialist Andre Bogossian – formerly a researcher at the Fundación Getulio Vargas, he specialises in bidding processes, concessions (and their regulation), public-private partnerships and infrastrucutre-related contracts in general. In another major change, Miriam Signor left the firm, in April 2022.
Guilherme Forbes; Bruno Gandolfo; Frederico Moura
‘Agility, understanding of the topic/business, commitment to matters and reasonableness of discussions. Bruno Gandolfo is great.’
‘The project and infrastructure team is business-focused and very agile. Provides advice in a secure and transparent way.’
Électricité de France
Banco Santander (Brasil)
CELSE- Centrais Elétricas de Sergipe
- Advised Parnaíba Geração e Comercialização de Energia in the context of contracting bank surety letters to guarantee a loan agreement to finance the implementation of the Central Geradora Termelétrica project called Parnaíba 5A and 5B.
- Assisted Itaú Unibanco, as guarantor, in relation to two loan agreements contracted individually by Ventos de Santa Sara Energias Renováveis and Ventos de São Mizael Energias Renováveis with Banco do Nordeste do Brasil to finance wind-generated power plants.
- Advised Itaú Unibanco and Banco BTG Pactual in the context of a loan agreement contracted with Banco do Nordeste do Brasil to finance the Serra de Ibiapaba Transmissora de Energia project, an electric energy transmission line.
Leveraging its alliance with global firm Mayer Brown, the infrastructure group at Tauil & Chequer Advogados is well positioned to handle cross-border corporate and finance transactions. Eduardo Lima leads the team on a range of project finance deals, including debt restructuring and bridge and long-term loans structured as project debentures. Besides its strength in project finance, the department is also adept at structuring large-scale infrastructure projects through public concession and PPP regimes, especially in the energy, roads, railways, airports, water treatment and social infrastructure sectors. Bruno Werneck leads on this type of work. Luis Montes is retained by multilateral institutions, institutional lenders and project sponsors in infrastructure and energy projects. Alexandre Chequer, who is based in Rio de Janeiro, is a key contact for oil and gas projects.
Alexandre Chequer; Eduardo Lima; Bruno Werneck
‘Excellent and very well prepared. Eduardo Lima is great.’
‘The team has professionals dedicated to concessions, PPPs, sectorial M&A and project financing, with an integrated view of projects and the ability to deal with the different phases of projects. In M&A and financing operations, the team’s technical and practical knowledge of the sector is excellent, as they are able to anticipate the problems that may arise in transactions, as well as the usual position of government authorities on the issues.’
‘Bruno Werneck is involved in projects in several industries within the infrastructure areas, which gives him a high critical capacity and a pragmatic view on various regulatory and corporate issues that are crucial in operations, especially in sectorial interdisciplinary issues.’
AEGEA Saneamento e Participações
Empresa Brasileira de Administração de Petróleo e Gás Natural – Pré-Sal Petróleo
Empresa Brasileira de Infraestrutura Aeroportuária- Infraero
Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Econômico e Social- BNDES
Ferrero do Brasil Industria Doceira e Alimentar
- Advised Banco Bradesco, Bank of China, Itau Unibanco and Banco do Brasil, among others, as lenders in connection with a project finance transaction for Bracell Intl.
- Assisted Banco BTG Pactual, as lender, in connection with a bridge loan financing for Infraestrutura Brasil Holding IV in the amount of R$400m, for the purpose of financing the development and implementation of the Ventos de São Vitor Wind Power Generation Farm.
- Advised Banco Credit Agricole do Brasil, Banco Santander (Brasil), Banco BTG Pactual and Banco ABC Brasil in connection with the R$600m out-of-court debt restructuring of Concessionária Move São Paulo, the concessionaire of the Line 6 of the São Paulo subway.
The multidisciplinary team at Veirano Advogados is seen with great regulatory acting for commercial and development banks, multilateral agencies, as well as companies from the transport and energy sectors engaged in project financing and development matters. The group is noted for its experience in construction issues and its comprehensive knowledge of the oil and gas, renewable energy and transport infrastructure sectors. Leading the nationwide team out of São Paulo, Ana Carolina Barretto is active in project development, financing transactions, construction and energy law. Based in Rio de Janeiro, Marcos Ludwig is well versed in concessions, public tenders and PPPs. Also in Rio, Elisa Rezende is often engaged in infrastructure financing deals.
Ana Carolina Barretto; Marcos Ludwig
‘The team offers excellent support regarding infrastructure contracts. Ana Carolina Barretto has in-depth knowledge of the subject. She also demonstrates a lot of transparency in negotiations and has clients’ interests in mind. Their availability is also noted.’
‘We work with Veirano’s team in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. They are always available and able to respond quickly to our requests/needs.’
‘Veirano stands out for the availability of its team, the attention, quality and detail of the legal opinions provided. I especially recommend the partner Marcos Ludwig, for his attention, dedication and the quality of the legal opinions provided.’
Eletrobras Termonuclear (Eletronuclear)
Companhia de Gás de São Paulo – COMGÁS
ENGIE Brasil Participações
Concessionária do Aeroporto Internacional de Guarulhos
Westrock, Celulose, Papel e Embalagens
Global Power Generation
Compass Gas e Energia
- Acted as lead counsel to the ECB Group in the structuring, development and financing of the Omega Green project, an $800m second generation biofuel plant in Paraguay that will produce renewable diesel and synthetic paraffinic kerosene.
- Assisting GRU in connection with the construction and operation of the airport people mover (APM) system, which will connect Guarulhos International Airport to the public rail system.
- Advised Sadenco on its successful bid for the 20-year street lighting PPP of the municipality of Uberlândia, state of Minas Gerais.
Lobo de Rizzo Advogados
Domestic and foreign companies, financial institutions and multilateral development agencies routinely seek Lobo de Rizzo Advogados‘ assistance in a range of projects and infrastructure-related matters. The team possesses an impressive track record in project finance, and is also well versed in the development of projects, concession contracts and tender procedures. Fabrizio de Oliveira Sasdelli receives plaudits for his project finance work; clients regularly turn to him for advice on structured loans and fund raising in financial and capital markets transactions involving projects. Milton Pinatti also specialises in project finance, while Rodnei Iazzetta is seasoned in the structuring of projects through concession contracts. Recently promoted partner Gustavo Silveira da Cunha is recommended for financing deals and the practice group was further strengthened, recently, with the October-2021 hire of Marcelo Lennerz from Portugal Ribeiro Advogados.
Caio Cossermelli; Fabrizio de Oliveira Sasdelli; Gustavo Silveira da Cunha; Milton Pinatti; Rodnei Iazzetta
‘Team and partners concerned with quickly meeting requests, without losing sight of quality and technical depth. Rodnei Iazzetta is great.’
‘Knowledge and ability to deliver. Lobo de Rizzo is the best firm in terms of legal advice and availability/prompt service. Super integrated team in which partners and junior team actively participate in the work.’
‘The firm really added value to the projects, helping to bring innovative solutions and responding to requests in a timely manner. Rodnei Iazetta is great.’
Banco de Desenvolvimento da América Latina
Prime Incorporações e Construções
Inter Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários
Banco BTG Pactual
Banco Itaú BBA
Banco Bradesco BBI
XP Investimentos, Corretora de Câmbio, TVM
MRV Engenharia e Participações
BK Brasil Operação e Assessoria a Restaurantes
- Assisted BNDES – Brazilian Development Bank in the privatisation procedure of Port of Santos and Port of São Sebastião.
- Advised Banco BTG Pactual, Banco Safra and Itaú Unibanco on the 26th issuance of infrastructure debentures with restricted placement efforts (pursuant to CVM Rule 476) of Companhia de Saneamento Básico do Estado de São Paulo – SABESP.
- Assisted Banco Itaú BBA and BB – Banco de Investimento in the first issuance of simple, non-convertible debentures, issued in one series, for public distribution with restricted efforts, of R.P. Participações em Biocombustíveis, in the total amount of R$320m.
With particular strength in the energy sector, Pinheiro Guimarães is routinely engaged by project sponsors, equipment suppliers, financial institutions and multilateral agencies to assist with the structuring, development and implementation of renewable energy projects. André Sigelmann stands out for his experience in the pulp and paper and oil and gas industries; he is proficient in both project finance and M&A transactions related to the aforementioned sectors. Sigelmann jointly leads the department with Roberta Pimentel, who has advised on numerous project finance transactions. Another key individual is Marcela Taquette Vaz, who has been particularly active in bridge and long-term financings for solar photovoltaic projects.
André Sigelmann; Roberta Pimentel
‘Extensive knowledge of the national and international market in the sector.’
‘I would highlight André Sigelmann and Isabel Prochet for their seriousness, commitment, strategy and technical knowledge.’
EDP Energias do Brasil
Brookfield Energia Renovável
Aeris Indústria e Comércio de Equipamentos para Geração de Energia
International Finance Corporation
Interamerican Development Bank
XP Investimentos Corretora de Câmbio, Títulos e Valores Mobiliários
XP Vista Asset Management
- Acted as counsel to the lenders of a loan to a joint venture between Austrian fiber producer Lenzing and Brazilian dissolving wood pulp supplier Duratex in order to build a facility with capacity to produce 500,000 tons of dissolving wood pulp per year.
- Assisted Banco Citibank in connection with a syndicated loan granted to the electric power sector (represented by the Brazilian Electricity Trading Chamber – CCEE) to ensure the liquidity of the sector due to the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Advised Itaú Unibanco, as investor, in connection with the issuance of redeemable preferred shares by Novo Estado Participações.
TozziniFreire Advogados is a popular destination for sponsors, multilateral agencies and investors seeking legal support in relation to public bids, projects and M&A deals involving infrastructure (water, waste, mobility and logistics) and energy assets. The team excels in project financing, and has recently been particularly active advising clients from China and Japan in infrastructure-related mandates. Leonardo Miranda is also part of the core team; he is proficient in project contracts and financing. Since publication, the firm’s infrastructure and energy practice has been further strengthened by the October-2021 arrival of Karin Yamauti Hatanaka from Cescon Barrieu; however, former practice heads Pedro Seraphim and Claudia Elena Bonelli are no longer with the firm.
Advent do Brasil Consultoria e Participações
IFC – International Finance Corporation
Philips do Brasil
Mckinsey & Company
International Game Technology
- Assisting Red Eléctrica Internacional in the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Argo Energia Empreendimentos e Participações by Grupo Energía Bogotá ESP and Red Eléctrica Internacional.
- Working in a partnership with EY, in a project contracted by the MDR, through PNUD, whose proposal is the elaboration of a post-Covid-19 economic recovery plan, with an emphasis on promoting regional development and infrastructure development.
- Assisting BNDES in the privatisation of the federal state company TRENSURB.
Arap, Nishi & Uyeda Advogados
The team at Arap, Nishi & Uyeda Advogados brings together expertise in bid procedures, concessions, administrative law and infrastructure to assist clients engaged in projects in the energy, telecoms and water and sewage sectors. Project finance is another area of activity for the practice, which includes Sami Sobrinho Arap and Massami Uyeda Junior.
Azevedo Sette Advogados receives regular instructions from construction, mining, telecoms and financial services clients in relation to public bids, concessions, and PPP projects. With multiple offices in the country, the firm is prepared to advise on infrastructure projects across different states, project finance and administrative contracts. Co-head Frederico Bopp Dieterich is based in Belo Horizonte and focuses on PPPs, financing transactions and regulatory matters. Fellow co-head Leonardo Moreira Costa de Souza leads on work pertaining to infrastructure and real estate projects from the São Paulo office. Bruna Bouissou is another name to note in Belo Horizonte.
Frederico Bopp Dieterich; Leonardo Moreira Costa de Souza
‘The team has excellent technical skills. I recommend Frederico Bopp Dieterich and Bruna Bouissou.’
Cataratas do Iguaçu
Concessionária do Aeroporto Internacional de Confins
Goetza e Lobato Engenharia
ENEL X Brasil
BMPI Infra and Sano Saneamento e Participações
Andrade Gutierrez Investimentos
SEBIAVogue Homes Investimentos
- Assisted RHI Magnesita in analysing and reviewing a project for alternative energy sourcing.
- Assisted Construtora Marquise in regulatory matters and in negotiating the acquisition of CTR Bahia Destinação de Resíduos.
- Providing assistance to Cataratas do Iguaçu in the bid for the concession of São Paulo’s zoo and botanical garden.
Cascione Pulino Boulos Advogados provides assistance to a diverse roster of domestic and international clients in project finance, development and M&A transactions involving infrastructure companies and assets. Key figures in the practice include Eduardo Juaçaba, who has a strong background in corporate law and M&A deals, and Caio de Souza Loureiro, who specialises in regulatory matters, bidding proceedings and privatisation projects. Luana Komatsu Falkenburger joined the firm from Dias Carneiro Advogados.
A ‘distinguished firm with a very solid and competent team‘, Lefosse Advogados‘ energy and infrastructure practice works on the financing and development of significant projects across Brazil. With particular strength in energy, the department is also equipped to handle regulatory and contractual issues pertaining to infrastructure projects in a variety of sectors, such as railways, highways, airports and roads. Paloma Valéria Lima is legal counsel of choice for several financial institutions, multilateral organisations and investors involved in project finance and other sector-related transactions. The group has witnessed tremendous growth recently, with the arrival of a team from Demarest Advogados specialised in energy, infrastructure and regulatory law. New joiner Raphael Gomes is now jointly leading the department with Lima. In another development in April 2022, project finance and development specialist Miriam Signor joined the firm from Stocche Forbes Advogados.
Paloma Valéria Lima; Raphael Gomes; Miriam Signor
‘The Lefosse team is available to handle many complex matters involving various practices due to their top-notch partners that focus on wide-ranging matters. They seem to excel in every practice group.’
‘There is not enough time or space to describe the standout partner, Paloma Valéria Lima. Always handling some of the most complicated international financings in Brazil, Paloma is a go-to lawyer in Brazil. Her deep understanding of the underlying project documents coupled with her finance structuring experience is second to none.’
‘Paloma Lima was an excellent addition for the Lefosse team. She is terrific to work with and instantly makes them a key player for projects and infra.’
‘Lefosse is a distinguished firm with a very solid and competent team. Our main contact is Paloma Lima. The lawyers are very experienced and business oriented. I always had good experiences with them advising us on more and less complex operations. Although the firm has a large team, all the lawyers we work with demonstrated a deep knowledge of their field of expertise.’
‘Paloma Lima was an excellent addition to the Lefosse team.’
New Fortress Energy
CIP – Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
CIC – China Investment Corporation
- Advised New Fortress on all legal aspects under Brazilian law related to the acquisition of Hygo Energy Transition and its assets in Brazil, which include interests in CELSE, CELBA and other power and gas projects.
- Advises Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on all aspects related to the development of their potential projects in Brazil.
- Advising New Fortress in all aspects related to the development of a new gas-to-power project in the Port of Suape.
With a strong reputation in the field of public law, Manesco, Ramires, Perez, Azevedo Marques Sociedade de Advogados is well equipped to advise public and private sector clients on infrastructure projects. Practice head Floriano De Azevedo Marques Neto stands out for his wealth of experience in PPP projects, concessions and other public law issues. He receives key support from Tatiana Matiello Cymbalista and Marcos Augusto Perez, both of whom specialise in infrastructure projects.
Floriano de Azevedo Marques Neto
SEDUR – Secretaria de Desenvolvimento Urbano do Governo do Estado da Bahia
CTB Companhia de Transporte da Bahia
Consórcio Grupos CCCC
SPGG-RS. Secretaria de Planejamento, Governança e Gestão do Rio Grande do Sul
Prefeitura do Rio de Janeiro
Convênio com a AMFRI – Associação dos Municípios da Foz do Rio Itajaí
RioMais – PPP Parque Olímpico
- Assisted SEDUR – Secretaria de Desenvolvimento Urbano do Governo do Estado da Bahia / CTB Companhia de Transporte da Bahia in the Salvador Monotrail project.
- Advised Consortium CCCC and CRCC (CR20) groups on the bidding process for the construction of the Salvador-Itaparica bridge.
- Assisted BRK Ambiental in the bidding process for a PPP project regarding sanitation in the metropolitan region of Porto Alegre.
Schmidt, Valois, Miranda, Ferreira & Agel Advogados
Schmidt, Valois, Miranda, Ferreira & Agel Advogados offers legal support to foreign and domestic clients in relation to project finance and development in the energy, water, sanitation, airports and transport sectors. The firm possesses longstanding expertise in the oil and gas industry, providing assistance to clients throughout the entire life cycle of sector-related projects. Paulo Valois Pires attracts instructions from a varied client base, which includes private equity firms, financial institutions and oil companies, seeking assistance with LNG projects, M&A and other infrastructure matters. Transactions involving infrastructure and energy assets are core areas of activity for Guilherme Schmidt and Rogério Sobral de Miranda. Antônio Luís Ferreira is particularly knowledgeable in energy regulation. Alexei Macorin Vivan is another name to note; he returned to the firm in August 2021. Since publication, the practice has been further strengthened with the November-2022 hire of Pedro Seraphim, formerly a partner at TozziniFreire Advogados.
Antonio Luís Ferreira; Paulo Valois; Rogério Miranda; Guilherme Schmidt
Forum Energy Technologies
Petrobras BR Distribuidora
- Provided regulatory and contractual assistance to Gas Natural AÇU – GNA, a subsidiary of the Brazilian energy and infrastructure corporation Prumo Logística.
- Advises Crown Consultoria and Rio Motorsports on the legal and contractual modelling of the PPP project for the construction of Autodromo Parque in Rio de Janeiro.
- Provided legal assistance to Petroborn, an independent Brazilian oil company, in the acquisition of onshore upstream assets under the Topázio Project divestment programme carried out by Petrobras.
Toledo Marchetti Advogados
With a well-established reputation in the infrastructure and construction sectors, Toledo Marchetti Advogados provides comprehensive advice to project owners, concession owners and contractors. The firm is highly regarded for its expertise in the negotiation of complex contractual structures (including EPCs and turnkey agreements) for the construction of infrastructure and energy projects. Also noteworthy is the team’s activity in dispute resolution, M&A, project finance and regulatory issues. Practice leader Leonardo Toledo da Silva is singled out for his experience in arbitration and construction contracts. Fellow co-head Marcelo Marchetti is the name to note for the development of public projects. Natália Bastos de Sá Rodrigues is proficient in compliance issues and infrastructure projects, and concessions, bidding procedures and PPPs are all key specialisms for Rodrigo Esposito Petrasso.
Leonardo Toledo da Silva; Marcelo Vicentini Marchetti
‘The entire team has extensive knowledge of infrastructure engineering law. Experience in arbitration and contracts.’
‘Leonardo Toledo da Silva and Rodrigo Esposito Petrasso are extremely accessible, even during non-business hours. They have extensive knowledge of the subject and also of the needs of our company. They often anticipate our demand by showing us needs that are not yet clear to us.’
TUP Porto São Luis
Construções e Comércio Camargo Corrêa
Estaleiros do Brasil
Toyo Setal Empreendimentos – TSE
Construtora Queiroz Galvão
Viabahia Concessionária de Rodovias
Andrade Gutierrez Engenharia
Tiisa Infraestrutura e Investimentos
Suzano Papel e Celulose
CCI Concessões e Construções de Infraestrutura
Alves Ribeiro do Brasil
Odebrecht Engenharia e Construção
HTB Engenharia e Construção
Porto São Luis
Consórcio Expresso Linha 6 (CEL6)
Concessionária Rota do Oeste
PBTE – Piratininga Bandeirantes Transmissora de Energia
- Assisting Suzano Papel e Celulose with the drafting, review, and negotiation of all major agreements to be executed for the implementation of one of the biggest pulp mills in Latin America.
- Advised CEL6 on the EPC contract entered into with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries to supply Concessionária Move São Paulo with all engineering services, operating systems and infrastructure civil works related to the implementation of Line 6 of São Paulo Metro.
- Advising Construtora Queiroz Galvão on the EPC agreement entered into with Concessionária Nova Tamoios for the expansion of Rodovia dos Tamoios, a road system in the state of São Paulo.
Trench Rossi Watanabe
Demonstrating particular strength in M&A deals, Trench Rossi Watanabe also excels in renewable energy, biofuels and infrastructure projects, as well as concessions and privatisations (especially in the ports, defence and energy sectors). José Roberto Martins has a wealth of experience in the development of greenfield projects in the power, natural gas and infrastructure sectors, and is particularly singled out for his transactional capabilities. Public tenders and regulatory matters are among Henrique Frizzo's fields of expertise, while Adam Milgrom is noted for energy transactions.
José Roberto Martins
China Tiesjiu Civil Engineering Group
Casa Dos Ventos
Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems
Brasil Terminal Portuário
GE Energias Renováveis
- Assisted the Brazilian subsidiary of China’s State Power Investment Corporation (SPIC) in entering into an agreement with Siemens, BP and Prumo to buy a share in their joint Brazilian thermal power project.
- Advised Canadian solar in the execution of a corporate power purchase agreement with Banco BTG Pactual.
- Advised Hitachi Limited in connection with the establishment of a joint venture between Hitachi Limited and ABB Limited in respect of the ABB Network Grids Division, including transformers, high voltage, grid automation and grid integration.
BMA - Barbosa, Müssnich, Aragão predominantly undertakes transactional work in regulated sectors, and advises clients in bidding procedures and concessions of infrastructure projects. The team, whose experience cuts across the energy, transport, water and sewage and public lighting sectors, is under the joint leadership of Camila Goldberg and Rafael Dutra, both of whom are noted for financing deals. Ana Cândida de Mello Carvalho is recommended for infrastructure and regulatory matters.
Camila Goldberg; Rafael Dutra
‘Good knowledge of infrastructure projects and track record in this field.’
‘Ana Cândida de Mello Carvalho has a good knowledge of infrastructure projects. She was able to advise which clauses in the head contract could be adapted/negotiated with the client or not.’
‘BMA has a complete team, with high quality partners and a lot of experience in transactions. Their advice gives me a lot of confidence.’
‘Ana Cândida de Mello Carvalho knows a lot about the airport sector and also about regulation issues in general. I also highlight her knowledge of the market and how she led the project’s work by being always present in all discussions.’
Abengoa Concessões Brasil Holding
Global Logistic Properties (GLP)
Porto de Cima Concessões
Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional
Salina Diamanten Branco
Santos Brasil Participações
- Represents Abengoa Concessões Brasil Holding in administrative proceedings pending with the National Electric Power Agency (ANEEL).
- Advised Vitol with the legal analysis of Public Consultation No. 1/2020 launched by the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP) with the purpose of obtaining contributions to review ANP Ordinance No. 251/2000, which regulates third-party access to certain waterway terminals.
- Acted as legal counsel to Santos Brasil Participações in connection with the offer, issuance and sale of 192,680,000 common shares.
Dal Pozzo Advogados has been particularly active advising public and private sector clients on public bids, concessions and PPP structures in relation to logistics, transport and social infrastructure projects. The department, which excels in public law matters, is under the joint leadership of Augusto Neves Dal Pozzo and Antonio Araldo Ferraz Dal Pozzo, who both draw on years of experience in administrative law, public contracts and PPP projects. João Negrini Neto, who splits his time between São Paulo and Brasília, focuses on administrative and regulatory issues.
Augusto Neves Dal Pozzo; Antonio Araldo Ferraz Dal Pozzo
‘Dal Pozzo Advogados is one of the references in Brazilian infrastructure law. Over the past 25 years, the firm’s partners have stood out in serving important clients and leading several institutional initiatives that promoted the national debate on the improvement of the legal apparatus that permeates the necessary investments in infrastructure.’
‘I recommend Augusto Neves Dal Pozzo and João Negrini Neto, who was responsible for the first mediation in the concession sector in Brazil between public authorities and private entities.’
‘Knowledge about the subject. All people involved have a broad knowledge of administrative law, especially infrastructure. João Negrini and Augusto Dal Pozzo are the most brilliant people in the firm.’
Viarondon Concessionária de Rodovia
Concessionária Auto Raposo Tavarares – CART
Concessionária Rota das Bandeiras
Fundação Getúlio Vargas – FGV
Facebook Serviços Online do Brasil
Rumo Malha Norte
- Assisting Consórcio de Saneamento Grande Feira in the structuring and drafting of a PPP for the sanitation system in the municipality of Feira de Santana in the state of Bahia.
- Advising Fundação Faculdade de Medicina – FFM and Tempestade Serviços de Tecnologia on the legal model of a technical-scientific cooperation agreement, enabling the donation of resources to the Hospital das Clínicas Municipal for the containment of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Representing Concessionária Rota das Bandeiras in a mediation process regarding a road concession contract signed between the company and the government of the state of São Paulo
Felsberg Advogados is skilled at assisting with the development and management of infrastructure projects, most notably in the sanitation and waste management sectors. Practitioners are also seasoned in PPPs, concessions and project finance. The latter is an area of particular expertise for department co-head Maria da Graça Pedretti. She oversees the group with Rodrigo Bertoccelli, who has a strong background in corporate law, and is retained by domestic and international infrastructure groups in the energy, transport, basic sanitation and urban mobility sectors.
Maria da Graça Pedretti; Rodrigo de Pinho Bertoccelli
GS Inima Brasil
Teixeira Duarte Engenharia e Construções
- Retained by BNDES in a public bid to develop a PPP for the provision of water and sewage services to the state of Alagoas.
- Advised China Railway 20 Bureau Group and CCCC – China Communications Construction Company / Concremat on the SEINFRA Public Consultation No. 001/2018 for the sponsored concession PPP to construct and operate the Salvador-Itaparica Bridge.
- Assisting Acciona Infraestruture in issues related to the feasibility of sanitation projects and regulatory issues, including the desalination project in the metropolitan region of Fortaleza, in Ceará state.
Justen, Pereira, Oliveira & Talamini Advogados
Justen, Pereira, Oliveira & Talamini Advogados attracts instructions from a broad portfolio of clients, including port terminals throughout Brazil and abroad, toll-road concessionaires and construction teams. The firm, which has recently seen growth in projects work in the water and sewage sectors, has notable experience in contentious matters involving infrastructure projects and government contracts. Based in Brasília, Marçal Justen Filho is a renowned figure in the public law and infrastructure sphere; he specialises in regulatory issues. Cesar Pereira is experienced in matters pertaining to renewable energy, construction and airport projects, which are also areas of activity for Rafael Wallbach Schwind; both practitioners are based in Curitiba.
Marçal Justen Filho; Cesar Pereira; Rafael Wallbach Schwind
‘Prompt service and resolution of cases. Marçal Justen is a distinguished person on the Brazilian scene in discussions related to regulatory issues.’
‘Innovative technical solutions, based on a differentiated and in-depth reading of contractual and legal norms. Rafael Wallbach Schwind is recommended.’
‘The entire team from the Justen Pereira is very good technically (both partners and associates). They are always available and very committed to the agreed deadlines. I would like to emphasise that Cesar Pereira is exceptional. He is a technically brilliant lawyer, who understands our business and who always has great suggestions for solving problems that arise.’
‘Courtesy in the provision of services. Prompt advice. Involvement of partners and associates. Knowledge at the highest level.’
‘Highly specialised team with extensive experience in infrastructure projects. It combines legal-conceptual expertise with practical advice. Risk assessment and presentation of well-founded legal solutions, with security and feasibility.’
‘Incomparable knowledge of public law and regulatory agencies. Motivated and engaged team with a focus on results. César Pereira stands out for his leadership skills, experience, and multidisciplinary knowledge.’
‘They stand out from any other law firm I know for their exceptional availability. The entire team has in-depth knowledge in the areas of administrative, procedural and civil law. Opinion makers in the port area and with an excellent reputation in the public and judiciary sector.’
‘Rafael Wallbach Schwind is a great professional, with whom we have built an exceptional relationship of trust. Always available and concerned with our questions. We know we can count on his intelligence to solve regulatory problems and discuss procedural strategies, which adds a lot of value to our work.’
ABAR – Associação Brasileira de Agências Reguladoras
ABRATEC – Associação Brasileira dos Terminais de Contêineres de Uso Público
Alunorte – Alumina do Norte do Brasil
APM Terminals Itajaí
BAMIN – Bahia Mineração
BRK Ambiental Participações
Brookfield Energia Renovável
Companhia de Desenvolvimento do Complexo Industrial e Portuário do Pecém – CIPP
Concessionária Aeroporto Rio de Janeiro
CR Almeida Engenharia de Obras
Ecorodovias Infraestrutura e Logística
Xingu Rio Transmissora de Energia – XRTE
TCP – Terminal de Conteineres de Paranaguá
- Provides continuous legal consulting to Alunorte on the extension of the port lease of the Terminal de Vila do Conde.
- Represents APM Terminals Itajai in administrative proceedings in progress at the Brazilian Antitrust Authority (CADE).
- Assists Bahia Mineração in various aspects involved in the development of a large-scale private port designed to handle mining products.
Rolim, Viotti, Goulart, Cardoso Advogados
The projects and infrastructure team at Rolim, Viotti, Goulart, Cardoso Advogados works in close collaboration with other practices in the firm, such as M&A, contracts, tax and dispute resolution, to assist clients with an array of contentious and non-contentious matters. With particular strength in the telecoms, energy, mining and steel industries, the practice is adept at advising on all steps of project development, including environmental licensing, financing and compliance. Leading the department, Luis Gustavo Miranda focuses on infrastructure contracts and foreign investment; he is based in Belo Horizonte.
Luis Gustavo Miranda
Fiat Chrysler Automóveis Brasil (FCA)
Spal Indústria Brasileira de Bebidas
Vallourec do Brasil
Brazilian Nickel Limited (BRN)
Kinross Gold Corporation
Mosaic Fertilizantes do Brasil
MF Projetos em Energia
Macaúbas Energias Renováveis
- Assisted Coca-Cola Femsa in the entire construction project of a new industrial plant.
- Advised on the construction of the Vallourec Sumitomo Steel Complex in Jeceaba, state of Minas Gerais, a R$5bn project.
- Assistance to Piauí Nickel Mineração in the Piaui Nickel Project (PNP), an open-pit nickel-cobalt mining operation located in the state of Piauí.
Siqueira Castro – Advogados is experienced in the implementation of projects in a variety of sectors, including oil and gas, telecoms and transport. The team has a multidisciplinary approach and is well equipped to assist clients with regulatory, environmental and corporate issues in the context of infrastructure projects. Based in Rio de Janeiro, Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro is knowledgeable in administrative and regulatory law, and often advises on public tenders and PPPs. In the same office, Thiago de Oliveira is a key contact for infrastructure projects and compliance issues. Energy law and infrastructure matters are core areas of activity for Renata de Abreu Martins, who is based in São Paulo.
Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro; Renata de Abreu Martins; Thiago de Oliveira
‘Siqueira Castro Advogados’ Projects and Infrastructure team is highly differentiated in technical quality and is capable of understanding the problems posed by clients and evaluating immediate and well-founded practical solutions. The team is highly qualified to deal with any issues of public law, with a strong presence in public tenders, privatisations, concessions, PPPs and administrative proceedings before regulatory bodies.’
‘Renata de Abreu Martins deserves to be highlighted because she is highly qualified and has vast experience in regulated sectors, such as oil and gas, sanitation, ports, airports and roads.’
‘Renata de Abreu Martins has a characteristic that stands out in the legal world, which is the ability to understand clients’ operational problems with agility and to present objective solutions and evaluations of very well-structured scenarios. It is important to highlight her in-depth knowledge of public law, especially in the oil and gas, sanitation, ports, airports and roads sectors, with extensive experience in bidding, concessions, contracts and administrative processes.’
Volkswagen do Brasil Indústria de Veículos Automotores
AENA Desarrollo internacional SME
Aeroportos do Nordeste do Brasil
Operador Nacional do Sistema (ONS)
Petróleo Brasileiro- Petrobras
Petrobras Distribuidora – BR Distribuidora
Construtora Camargo Corrêa
Nacional Gás Butano
CEG – Companhia Distribuidora de Gás do Rio de Janeiro
- Advised AENA Desarollo Internacional SME on the sixth round of biddings for the concession of Brazilian regional airports.
- Assisted Construtora Camargo Correa in the bidding for the construction of the Trem Maya project promoted by the government of Mexico.
- Advises VIARIO in the context of the Parliamentary Inquiry Commission established at the Rio de Janeiro Legislative Chamber, set up to investigate the administration and operation of the President Tancredo de Almeida Neves Corridor – TransOlímpica.
Vieira, Rezende, Barbosa e Guerreiro Advogados
Vieira, Rezende, Barbosa e Guerreiro Advogados is noted for assisting both companies and financial institutions in the structuring of all types of project finance transactions, such as long-term loans with development banks, infrastructure debentures and issuance of bank guarantees. The practice also assists with the preparation of concession agreements, PPP structures, regulatory aspects of projects and administrative proceedings. Alongside Rio de Janeiro-based partners Cláudio Guerreiro and Claudio Roberto Pieruccetti Marques, Marina Ferraz Aidar in São Paulo has been engaged in infrastructure projects, especially in the power sector. Celso Arbaji Contin, who focuses on structured finance and M&A, is another name to note in the practice.
Cláudio Guerreiro; Claudio Roberto Pieruccetti Marques; Marina Ferraz Aidar; Celso Arbaji Contin
‘Team with a lot of experience, always available and proactive. Excellent experience.’
‘Marina Aidar fights for the client’s interests very diligently.’
EDP Renováveis Brasil
Serveng Energias Renováveis
CER – Companhia de Energias Renováveis
Banco Santander (Brasil)
Banco Sumitomo Mitsui Brasileiro
Macquarie Bank Limited
Banco BTG Pactual
Transmissora Sertaneja de Eletricidade
Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES)
- Provided legal assistance to Transmissora Sertaneja de Eletricidade and Banco Bradesco in connection with the long-term loan provided by BNDES to Transmissora Sertaneja de Eletricidade for the construction and implementation of transmission lines in Piauí and Bahia.
- Assisted EDP Renováveis in a long-term financing, in the total amount of R$568m, granted by BNDES for the construction of the Jerusalem Wind Complex, a wind complex of 180.6MW installed capacity, in Rio Grande do Norte.
- Assisted Omega Geração, as issuer, and BB – Banco de Investimentos, as underwriter, on Omega’s first Infrastructure Green Bonds issuance, worth R$160m.