Napier Solicitors > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Firm Profile
Napier Solicitors Offices
1-9 CASTLE ARCADE
- Go to...
Napier Solicitors > The Legal 500 Rankings
Napier Solicitors has carved out a particular niche in advising on vicarious liability cases involving religious and public institutions relating to historical abuse inquiries as well as violent instances involving victims of ‘The Troubles’. The team has also advised on personal injury cases arising from road traffic accidents and hearing loss, as well as emotional and psychiatric trauma. Managing partner Joseph Napier and Claire Wilson lead the practice.
Joseph Napier; Claire Wilson
‘Joseph Napier is pragmatic and easy to work with. Helpful and responsive.’
Northern Ireland Housing Executive
Archdiocese of Armagh
Ards & North Down Borough Council
Council Catholic Maintained Schools
Irish Christian Brothers
Good Shepherd Sisters
De La Salle Order
- Defending De La Salle in a claim of negligence/vicarious liability for psychiatric injury sustained by a former resident of a training school.
- Advised JP Corry on a mesothelioma case with both employers and product liability aspects.
- Defended Royal Mail in claim premised on negligence/vicarious liability for the murder of a postman in 1978.
Napier Solicitors' 'client-centred' team is highly skilled in financial restructuring, insolvency and partnership dissolution cases, most recently acting for Jeff Wright, the owner of the property and manufacturing facility of the since bankrupt Wrightbus. In addition, the firm is known for its expertise in public law, and has acted for religious orders in relation to the landmark reports and investigations surrounding Mother and Baby Homes and Magdalene Laundries in Northern Ireland. Joseph Napier leads the team with Brigid Napier and Maria Glover, both of whom are insolvency specialists.
Joseph Napier; Brigid Napier; Maria Glover
‘They have a client-centred approach to work. The team have collective experience gained from both sides of the litigation fence and that experience places them in a unique position to deliver the best results for the individual client. The work undertaken by the team is focused and does not duplicate the work that others have undertaken, which provides cost savings for the client. It is a boutique service provided by a boutique team resulting in an individualised and tailored response for the client. The team recognises that the client is not part of the herd.’
‘Joseph Napier’s honest and transparent approach to work ensures that the client is placed at the centre of the problem at all times. He is a straight talker – he identifies the nub of the problem and gets to work with focus and avoids unnecessary billing hours. He demonstrates his breadth of knowledge and experience through the quality of the instructions of experts and engages with ease with all of them.’
‘What stands out is the professionalism, honesty and integrity of the team and its leadership.’
‘Attention to detail, the acceptance of responsibility for my requests, the realisation that humanity is what is at stake and the provision of good communication.’
Jeff Wright (Wrightbus)
Ards and North Down Borough Council
Northern Ireland Housing Executive
Archbishop of Armagh
Council for Catholic Maintained Schools
Police Ombudsman NI
- Acted for the majority shareholder of a large manufacturing group of companies and the landlords of certain premises where the group had traded in relation to the administration of the group of companies.
- Represented various religious orders in the preliminary research into Mother and Baby Homes/Magdalene Laundries in Northern Ireland.
- Acting for BT in the recovery of damages caused to an underground plant.