Firm Profile > BARLAW – Barrera & Asociados S. Civil de R.L. > Lima, Peru
BARLAW – Barrera & Asociados S. Civil de R.L. Offices
AV. EL POLO 405, Of. 610
SANTIAGO DE SURCO
BARLAW – Barrera & Asociados S. Civil de R.L. > The Legal 500 Rankings
Intellectual property Tier 2
BARLAW – Barrera & Asociados S. Civil de R.L. is an impressive IP boutique staffed by an experienced team; delivering strongly on client service, it also has standout expertise in anti-counterfeiting matters. Led by partners Adriana Barrera and Maria Ines Herrera, the team grew to 14 lawyers with the hire of experienced senior associate Andrea Chunga from Muñiz, Olaya, Meléndez, Castro, Ono & Herrera Abogados, where she co-led the international division of the IP practice. The firm advises on all areas of IP protection and enforcement, for a substantial client base that includes well-known company brands from diverse sectors including sportswear, luxury goods and the automotive industry.
BARLAW – Barrera & Asociados S. Civil de R.L. > Firm Profile
BARLAW- Barrera & Asociados is a Intellectual Property boutique firm founded in August 2011 (8 years to date).
We handle all IP matters (patents, trademarks, copyrights, IP enforcement, IP litigation, IP licensing, Data Privacy, Internet and related matters), but we are strong and leaders in Peruvian market in IP litigation and enforcement. We have a strong prosecution area with important clients, handling interesting and complex cases.
For your reference, before we founded BARLAW – Barrera & Asociados we were the IP Department of Miranda & Amado law firm (Peru) from 2006 to 2011. At Miranda & Amado Mrs. Barrera was partner of the Intellectual Property practice and Mrs. Maria Ines Herrera was an associate.
Since 2018, BARLAW strengthens its leadership position in the legal services market with the merger(acquisition) of HA PUYO PATENTS & TRADEMARKS, HA PUYO is a law firm that has more than 100 years of professional experience in the field of industrial property and regulatory affairs, adding engineers and in-house translators to our staff.
Currently, our practice includes a wide spectrum of services such as:
- Registration, renewal, maintenance and monitoring of trademarks, slogans, trade names and domain names in Peru and other countries.
- Legal advice, protection and defense in all patent, utility models, industrial designs and plant varieties matters.
- Software and copyright protection.
- Clearance search reports.
- Trademark and other IP rights surveillance.
- Legal advice and recordal of change of name, address, licenses, assignments, mergers, demergers and acquisitions.
- Defense of Industrial Property rights and Copyrights, including any and all aspects related to oppositions, appeals, infringement actions, cancellations, nullities and civil administrative actions.
- Strategies against piracy and counterfeiting including IP rights recordal before Customs, investigations, market surveys, test purchases, raids, related legal actions, trainings, among others.
- Dissuasive strategies to cease illicit activities such as cease and desist letters, negotiations, settlement agreements and undertakings.
- Litigation and dispute resolution in civil and criminal cases related to IP matters.
- Legal advice, drafting and recordal of franchising agreements, license agreements, technologytransfer agreements, co-existence agreements, and in general any contract or agreement involving Industrial Property elements.
- Legal advice in e-commerce and internet issues, such as strategies against piracy and counterfeit through social media and online platforms.
- Defense and legal advice in unfair competition, including legal advice in marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Defense in consumer protection matters.
- Regulatory affairs: Assistance for obtaining sanitary registrations: food & beverages, drugs/pahrmaceutical products, cosmetics, veterinary products, agricultural products (pesticides, herbicides).
- Private data protection legal advice.
Nowadays, BARLAW team has 45 members. The group is composed by 17 lawyers and other professionals as: paralegals, translators, engineers, adminiatrative support staff and accountants.
BARLAW has been recognized as a leader IP firm by different international rankings and magazines as: Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, WTR 1000, MIP Latin America Firm to watch 2019, Latin Lawyer – Specialist firm leader, Chambers & Partners, IP Stars, Leaders League, Managing IP’s Top 250 Women in IP -2019, Women in Business Law, Global Law Experts, WIPR – Influential Women in IP 2019 and Women in Business Law Expert Guide – Euromoney.
|María Inés Herreraemail@example.com||+(51-1)711-8003|