Firm Profile > Dumont > Mexico City, Mexico
AV. INSURGENTES SUR 1898, PENT OFFICE 21
COL. FLORIDA, DELEG. ALVARO OBREGON
01030 MEXICO CITY
Dumont > The Legal 500 Rankings
Intellectual property Tier 3
Impressive IP boutique Dumont, is highly sought after for its expert advice on patent work - covering filing, prosecution and litigation; and trade mark matters, including strategic advice on applications and protection; the team also handles copyright and unfair competition issues. The well-rounded team includes managing partner Laura Collada, hailed by clients as a ‘proactive, experienced and competent lawyer’; patents head Victor Garrido; trade marks head Christian Thomae, who is also very knowledgeable on copyright matters; and head of litigation, Israel Escobedo. The practice has developed particularly strong expertise and experience in the pharmaceutical, chemical, electrical, mechanical, biotech and IT sectors.
‘Laura Collada is a very proactive, experienced and competent lawyer’
Boehringer Ingelheim International
Kraft Foods Group Brands
Lutron Technology Company
Essity Hygiene / Health Aktiebolag
SZ DJI Technology
Dumont > Firm Profile
- Dumont is a highly specialized, market-leading IP boutique fielding a sizeable team of two partners, 20 lawyers and 11 patent attorneys (engineers).
- Dumont’s dedicated patents department offers expert advice on patent work, covering filling, prosecution and litigation.
- Dumont’s dedicated trademarks team is fully equipped to advise on trademark matters including strategic advice on trademark applications and protection.
- Dumont’s team also acts on all aspects of IP-related matters in regard to all types of corporate transactions, as well as handling copyright and unfair competition matters.
- Dumont stands out for its broad industry expertise. The team has developed particularly strong expertise and experience in the pharmaceutical, chemical, electronic, electrical, mechanic, biotech and IT sectors. Furthermore, the firm is fully equipped to handle both consumer and luxury goods portfolios.
- Dumont is one of very few firms in Mexico that performs in-depth analysis relating to the examination of patent applications.
- Dumont combines a high level of technical and legal expertise with tailored services, with advice carefully adapted to each client’s specific needs.
- Dumont is committed to the highest standards of service, including utilizing cutting-edge technology to ensure efficiency. The firm is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
- Dumont is renowned for its expertise in negotiating and closing settlement agreements on behalf of its clients, thereby avoiding long-term, and potentially costly litigation.
Dumont’s client portfolio encompasses leading global, international and local corporations, including key players in the US, European and Asian (particularly Japanese) markets and a number of Fortune 500 companies.
- Dumont draws its clients from a variety of sectors but stands out for its impressive client roster in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
- Dumont advises global corporations on patents and trademark mandates, with key clients including Boehringer Ingelheim, ABB, Grünenthal, Siemens, KRAFT and Essity (formerly SCA Hygiene).
Dumont’s large team comprises two partners, 20 lawyers and 11 patent attorneys. The team is led by highly experienced managing partner Laura Collada, who has more than 30 years of experience in the complete lifecycle of IP rights. Victor Garrido heads the firm’s patents practice; he focuses on issues related to the analysis and examination of patents, industrial designs, and utility models. Christian Thomae heads the firm’s trademarks practice; he specializes in trademarks, but also has expertise in patents, copyright, and other areas of IP law. Israel Escobedo heads the litigation (IP and Civil/Commercial) practice; he has over 13 years of experience and focuses on handling and supervising civil, commercial and criminal issues, in all procedural stages from the injunction to the Constitutional Appeal.
- Dumont is one of the oldest IP firms in Mexico, with a loyal clientele, some of which have been using its services for more than 40 years, remaining with us and consistently using our services throughout mergers and financial crises.
- Dumont stands out for its high-quality service. The team is one of the most responsive in the market, never leaving a client query unanswered for more than 24 hours.
- Dumont is a leading patent filer in Mexico. The team is one of very few in Mexico that handles all types of work, from drafting to in-depth examination, litigation and enforcement. Dumont is widely recognized for its thorough and comprehensive advice on trademark mandates. The firm is a prominent advisor on matters ranging from strategic counselling to trademark application and protection.
- Dumont is the firm of choice for many key multinational companies.
- Dumont is highly recommended by IP firms around the world. Dumont is frequently involved in high profile and highly complex cases in the IP arena in Mexico.
- Dumont has the resources and technical knowledge to handle litigation cases before all levels of the courts, but the team is also highly appreciated for its advanced skills at the negotiation table, often avoiding long and costly litigation procedures for its clients.
- Dumont has a stellar client roster. The team advises high profile global companies from numerous industry sectors: Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, Fashion/Luxury Goods, Consumer Products, Electronics, Food & Beverages, and Tobacco.
|Enforcement and Litigation||Laura Colladaemail@example.com||+525553226230|
|Copyright and IT||Laura Colladafirstname.lastname@example.org||+525553226230|
|Enforcement and Litigation||Israel Escobedoemail@example.com||+525553226230|
|Corporate, Licensing and Regulatory Affairs||Israel Escobedofirstname.lastname@example.org||+525553226230|
|Copyright and IT||Israel Escobedoemail@example.com||+525553226230|
|Civil Litigation||Israel Escobedofirstname.lastname@example.org||+525553226230|
|Public relations||Marlis Schubertemail@example.com||+525553226230|